• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Chase Zegarra

116643967_645064002784876_1135831278586083261_n.gif After smashing the man’s skull between the car door and its frame, Chase thought he had bought himself some time. He went in for the same attack but somewhere in the struggle, his target had managed to push himself up onto his feet, closing Chase into a narrow gap, and the car door slammed shut. So as not to fall behind, he turned around to pick himself up but before he could even look at the man he was gripped by the neck, knuckles squeezing his trachea like a vice.

Never in his adult life had anyone lifted him off the ground. The fact that his opponent was able to hold up all 174 lbs of him with just one hand highlighted the strength that Chase was up against. All of his focus narrowed in on his assailant. The murderous glint in his eye, the blood trickling down his face, catching on the light spray of his breath. Somehow, despite the seemingly hopeless position he was in, no thoughts of dying entered Chase’s mind. He couldn’t possibly die here, in a miserable car park in the cold. Not in front of his colleagues. Not in front of Jasmine.

Straining desperately for even a fraction of relief, Chase kicked his feet up against the car, against the man’s legs - anything to lessen the force of the grip that kept him hanging in the air. He grabbed onto his attacker's head and dug his thumbs into his eye sockets, baiting him to reach up to protect himself. But he couldn’t keep it up long enough to do much damage, as his own hands instinctively flew back to his throat, desperately trying to dig beneath the knuckles constricting his airway. The man’s face was so close that his features appeared to double, adding to the dizzying effect of losing consciousness. Despite the encouragement of the deep, steady Cockney voice, Chase still had no intention of giving in - in fact, it only spurred him on to keep fighting for his life.

Just as his eyes were rolling back into his head, Chase was jolted awake by the impact of hitting the ground. Dust and dirt hit the back of his throat as he drew a desperate, strangled gasp. Although he couldn’t make out the words being exchanged above his head, his awareness returned to him enough to realise that he wasn’t alone and that people could see him writhing on the floor, gagging on the air that his body was trying to draw in. He tried with all his might to rein it in for their sake, but he was so starved of oxygen that it was impossible to silence his suffering. As he fought for breath, he could still feel a phantom chokehold squeezing his jugula as if Tony had never released his grip. But the oxygen started to flow to his head again, and his vision, while weak, gradually restored itself.

Jasmine soon appeared at his side, which prompted him to make more of an effort to collect himself. He pressed a hand against the side of Moretti’s car to keep himself upright and, with the helping hand of Conor, managed to climb back up to a standing position. The arrival of the mob boss had completely escaped him and he wondered how much he had seen. Regardless, he had a feeling that the man had saved his life. As the group made their way back towards the Porter vehicles, Chase looked over Johnny and Jasmine to take in the injuries he had indirectly caused them. He would have apologised if only he could speak.

The guilt he felt for having put his friends in danger made it easy to accept the apparent lecture that the boss was giving them. Despite Conor's personality and reputation, however, it did surprise him to hear him reveal that he was joking. As far as Chase was concerned, he deserved some kind of punishment, or at least to take responsibility in some way. He rested his weight against one of the vehicles, arms folded as he made sure to look Conor in the eye. His teasing remark that Tony had been about to seriously hurt him cheered him up a bit, and he pulled a face of disagreement to play along. Beneath his humour, however, he was deeply grateful for Conor’s intervention.

The only time he broke eye contact with his boss was when he asked if they had done something to deserve it, and he suddenly remembered the revolting comments the red-haired man had made about his late father. Before he could dwell on any of it, however, Conor asked in his own light-hearted way if any of them needed medical assistance. Besides the pain and light-headedness, Chase wasn't entirely sure what kind of damage he had really taken, but since he was able to stand and no longer felt like he was going to pass out he figured there was no emergency. He was about to try to answer when Jasmine turned to him to personally ask him the same question. Detecting a touch of concern in her voice, Chase felt his face tingle, and not just for all the swelling. Now, the damage to his throat wasn't the only thing rendering him speechless. It dawned on him then that he had no recollection of a woman ever showing care or concern for him, and he didn’t really know how to take it. “I’m good,” he wheezed, stifling a painful cough. The longer he looked at her, the worse the bruising around her eye appeared. Without thinking, Chase raised a hand to her face and very gently turned it to one side so that he could assess the damage. When he released her, his guilt-ridden eyes found hers again and he whispered, “I’m sorry.” Then he turned to Johnny and Conor again, and after coughing into his dirty sleeve, tried to explain himself in a hoarse, barely recognisable voice. “I’m sorry. It was me - I started the fight. They deserved it...but these two didn’t.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Jasmine, Conor, Ethan
RayPurchase RayPurchase Johnny, Marcus, Tony
Enzyme Enzyme Amato

Rebel Holt
1596057288161.jpegRebel’s smirk seemed to work as Tati raised her own paddle and offered $2300 for the trip. Looking away from the woman for a moment, Rebel listened as a few men towards the front of the room bid on the trip and the price was only getting higher and higher from there. Originally having intended to use the trip for some alone time, Rebel wondered what Tatiana would use the trip for...surely she had someone lined up to take away for the weekend. The thought of that was actually making Rebel jealous...which she really had no right to be given the fact that this woman was the daughter of the enemy.

Raising her paddle, Rebel blurted out the next bid before realizing that she barely had enough in her savings to cover it. ”$3000!” She shouted to the auctioneer at the front and all eyes turned to her as the man went on to ask if anyone was willing to bid higher than that. It was no surprise when no one raised their paddles and the auctioning for the trip away ended with Rebel actually winning the bidding. Cursing herself in her head, the woman smiled and blushed as a round of applause erupted around her. As she was congratulated at her own table, Rebel once again found herself looking in the direction of Tatiana.

A full on smile was found on her face as she raised her glass to the woman before taking a long hearty sip of her whiskey in victory. She may have just burned $3000 but she was hopefully going to get something out of the trip, whether it was alone time, time with a mysterious woman whom she could question or ditch at the lake depending on how it went. The possibilities were endless.
with: Tatiana Pyroclast Pyroclast

Tatiana Moretti

68747470733a2f2f7374617469632e74756d626c722e636f6d2f313664363363336666633937613164323333363061...gif Tatiana continued to raise the bid, but her competitors were beginning to vary. She didn’t care to compete with anyone else - the fun of it was knowing that Rebel wanted it, too. And, hopefully, with the idea of going away together. It had been a while since she had interjected and, after sending the woman a few provocative glances, she wondered if perhaps the game was over and it wasn’t worth it after all. But then, Rebel made the strike - and won with $3000.

The room applauded her generous donation, but Tatiana only stared at her, a smile beginning to form on her face. She was still staring when Rebel turned to look her way, and when she smiled and raised her glass, she knew that their night wasn’t over. Seeing that her mother was still not back to accept her wine, she picked it up again and downed it all in one go before carrying her own glass with her back to the bar. She watched Rebel until she caught her attention, and beckoned her over with a curl of her index finger.

“That was quite something,” she commented. The seductive smile on her face was natural, and while she could have stopped it at her own will, she chose not to. The amount of alcohol she had consumed may have lowered her inhibitions slightly, but she had a high tolerance and was determined that she could handle a little risk. “You’re a very generous person to donate $3000,” she added, wondering how much money she earned working for the Irish Mob. “And very competitive.” Tatiana bit down on her lip and edged a little closer to the woman, never breaking her gaze. “And very…passionate.”

It was fun to tease the woman in front of her employers and colleagues, and since her own family no longer appeared to be in the room, she saw no reason why she should resist. Still, before she herself could get swept away by the tension between them, she leaned away from the woman and took a sip of her wine. "You went in there with a plan in mind, didn't you?" she baited, curious to know what the woman thought of her. "Would it be a crime for me to ask what you really paid that $3000 for?"

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Rebel

Rebel Holt
1596068593295.jpeg
Rebel finished off her whiskey in one more long gulp before setting the glass down on the table, continuing to keep her eyes on Tati as she headed over to the bar. Raising her index finger, Tati beckoned her over and Rebel looked wide eyed at her for a moment, pointing at herself dumbfounded that the woman wanted to speak with her again so soon. Looking away from her for a moment, Rebel looked to see that Peter still had the table secure before getting up and practically glided towards the bar. A seductive smile appeared on Tati’s face and Rebel found herself getting lost in it as she went on to say that she was very generous for donating so much money. ”Oh that?” Rebel said, a nervous chuckle escaping her as Tati went on to call her competitive...and then passionate. ”Oh...uh...” Rebel moved her arm behind her head as she scratched her neck almost out of habit. ”Thank you?” She murmured before turning away from the woman slightly to order herself another drink from the bartender.

Her cheeks were hotter then hell and she knew that if she didn’t pull it together she was going to do something she would regret later on. Tati caught her attention before Rebel was ready to willingly look back at the woman so her cheeks were still pink with embarrassment as she looked at her with slight confusion. What I paid the $3000 for?” She repeated softly, looking away from Tati as her drink was set in front of her. She lifted her glass and peered down into it, taking in the warm color of the whiskey. ”Originally, I was planning a trip for myself...I mean the auctioneer didn’t say it was exclusively for couples. God knows I need the time off, he also knows I don’t have anyone to share the trip with...” Looking to Tati, Rebel regained some of her confidence back as she raised a curious brow in the woman’s direction. ”Why? It’s not like the two of us could go together. We barely know each other and clearly neither of us think the other should be trusted.” Inching a little closer to Tati, Rebel smiled, ”I mean, I’m not the type of woman who would ditch my date at the bottom of a lake or anything? But I guess in order for you to find out, you’ll just have to join me this weekend? What do ya say?”

Rebel was going to kill herself later for putting such an offer onto the table, mixing business with pleasure was always some form of roulette. You are fucked if you do, fucked if you don’t. But hey, it’s been a long time since Rebel had sex. Was she really desperate enough to do it with a known enemy? She wouldn’t call it desperate...
with: Tati Pyroclast Pyroclast

Amato Castello

52730b80eab8eaee3c9bad27.png
As Johnny collapsed to the floor, Amato's pelting with the baton didn't let up. "You like that, you Irish-fuck?" Amato spit, bending down to strike Johnny on the back of his exposed head. Before he could make contact, he felt the full force of a boot slam against the side of his cheek. For a brief moment, Amato's vision was whirling like a possessed spinning top and only snapped back after his head collided with the grill of the Cadillac. For once, the short Italian shut his mouth, too stunned to speak. His numb hand reached for the top of his head from where he'd hit the grill, only to feel a wet, sticky substance in response. He looked down to his hand for confirmation, to which he saw a substantial amount of smeared blood.

Through his disoriented senses, he could hear the barks from Moretti's son as a shadowy figure approached. Amato used the hood of the car to pull himself back up to his feet as he desperately tried to regain his bearings. His dilating eyes swept the concrete until he locked his shifty gaze on his baton, clumsily picking it up off the floor with him. "You got us lookin' at these pricks all day, whatchu' expect?" Amato retorted, adjusting his glasses, which miraculously remained on his face, back over his nose.

When Conor showed up, Amato's napoleon complex skyrocketed to where he found himself almost squaring up with the guy nearly a foot taller than him. "The fuck are you talkin' about? You don't see us over by your cars do ya'? Keep your mutts on a tighter leash next time!" The rage in Amato was boiling, and he had half a mind to knock the chiseled jaw right off the ogre.

As the Porters stormed off Amato spat on the ground they were once standing on, mad-dogging them all the way back to their cars. "You can say that again. I'm not letting some two-bit shamrocks dance around in my face."

Amato looked over to Marcus briefly, a look of destaining in his eyes, yet that could be chalked up to the foot he took to the face not five minutes prior. "Ease' up Marky-mark. Your zipper's down." He moved off to the side door of the van they had been stuffed in before, furiously rubbing his hands together for warmth. "It's too cold for this shit - I'll tell you that much."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor/Ethan/Jasmine) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Chase) RayPurchase RayPurchase (Tony/Johnny/Marcus)

Last edited:
Adam Harper

1593207301203-png.748840
When Brooklyn said she focused on other crooks in town, Adam slowly nodded his head. "Ah, well there's no shortage of dodgy politicians. All a sack of bullshitters, if you ask me," he drily remarked. "They get away with it because they talk proper, wear fancy suits, and kiss the right asses."

Adam chuckled at Brooklyn's teasing tone about giving it a shot. "I mean, don't let me hold you back or anything. I'm sure that bloke over there was giving you the eye. He looks like a real catch," he joked, pointing towards some short man old enough to be her grandfather.

When the auction started back up, Adam rolled his eyes at the whole thing. Thankfully, Brooklyn wasn't ready to return to her work and instead suggested getting a better drink. He nodded and accompanied her to the bar, where Rebel apologised and handed him his drink. "Cheers. I was starting to think you'd robbed me," he scoffed. His colleague soon walked off, leaving Adam and Brooklyn together.

"No, I ain't ever been to Lake Montauk. Work tends to take me South and I suppose vacations do too. I'm a sucker for beaches and hot weather," he told her. "I bet it's really nice up there, but $1900 does sound a bit crazy. I'm sure the little orphan kids or whoever the donation's for will be grateful though." Adam caught the bartender's attention and looked to Brooklyn so she could order a drink that he would be paying for. "Have you been there? Do you think I'd like it?" he curiously asked. When the bidding ended, Adam briefly glared at Rebel before turning away and having a drink out of his glass. "Christ. She must really feel for the orphans. Three fucking grand!"

Bellz Bellz (Brooklyn)

- Johnson, Vermont -
Ani Sarraf

1596141260137.png
"Ralphie!" Ani called as she looked in the tree line in her large backyard, wondering where the pit bull had gone. After fleeing from New York, she had rescued the pup who was sitting abandoned near the small grocery store in Johnson, Vermont. He had grown 3 times the size he had been when she first rescued him and was full of energy. Hearing a scratch and a whine at the door, Ani stopped washing the dishes and moved towards the back door to open it. "There you are!" She called happily and the dog came bounding towards her, shaking its non-existent tail with excitement. Chuckling as he leaped up and down in front of her, Ani calmed him down before petting his head affectionately. After fleeing, she wanted to have as much protection as she could have despite being a few states away. Ralph was the perfect guard dog, always on the alert and ready to attack. Ani had also met a few locals in town who pointed her in the direction of a gun shop where she purchases several handguns and one rifle, just in case Alistair eventually found her.

She had been in contact with Maddox up until a few months ago and now she was really starting to believe that he might have been caught. It took everything in her not to rush back to New York to try to find him but she had no idea where to look for him and she didn't want to risk getting herself killed without having a definite plan. After petting Ralph a few more times, Ani stood up straight and moved to grab the tea kettle that was current whistling on the stove top. Pouring the hot liquid into a mug, she placed one of her favorite tea bags into it to let it seep before taking the mug towards the living room. She had found a quaint almost run down cottage for sale a while back and with the help of the very friendly neighbors, she was able to renovate it to her liking. Sitting down in her cushioned corner chair, Ani looked outside as the sky was turning all kids of pinks and oranges, the sun starting to set behind the large pine trees. Not too many cars came down this road, which meant that no one would be able to find her.

Strangely enough, as she was taking her first sip of tea, she noticed a car stopping on the opposite side of her driveway which had never happened before. The car shut it's headlights off and a figure dressed in black opened the car door and stepped out. Ani froze in her seat as she watched the man walk around his car to the trunk and opened it. Setting her tea down, she reached for her house phone as the man lifted something covered in a trash bag out of his car and walked straight into the woods with it. Hesitating with the phone o her ear, she moved her hand over the dials, simply watching as the man returned a few minutes later. He didn't even look her way, instead, he just got in his car and drove off.

Ralph could sense Ani's tension and he huffed heavily before moving towards the front door. Wondering what it was the man had dumped, Ani moved to slide her shoes on before grabbing her large winter coat and opening the front door. The wind was still just as icy as it had been at the beginning of winter but there wasn't as much snow on the ground this time of year. Ani whistled for Ralph to follow her as she walked across the street to where the car had been parked before. Inching closer and closer into the nearly dark woods, Ani could just make out the trash bag and before she took any steps further, a familiar yet horrid smell hit her nose. Rotting flesh.

Gasping, Ani scrambled back away from the bag and bounded towards the house, not stopping until she was inside with the door completely locked up. She hadn't seen anyone stop at this road before, let alone dump a fucking body near it. Maybe this was a sigh from Alistair, maybe this was a warning. What if that was Maddox in the bag? Ani felt so sick to her stomach that she ran to the bathroom and retched into the sink.
mentions: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Alistair Pyroclast Pyroclast

Jasmine Carpenter and Conor Sullivan

tumblr_91190fc3695e3ba4d2501d43200853ba_28fce1a0_540.gifJasmine raised an eyebrow when Chase told her he was good. There was a distinct wheeze and perhaps some other discomfort that the man was trying to hold back. She couldn't judge him if he was trying to shrug off and hide his true discomfort, as she knew she was guilty of always trying to put on a brave face herself. Her father spent all of her childhood telling her not to show weakness. If she fell over and hurt herself as a child, there wasn't any sympathy. She had to get herself back on her feet and suck it up. No matter how exhausted she was, she was never permitted to back out of her father's training early. She was taught that nobody would respect her if she asked for help.

When Chase raised his hand towards her face, Jasmine's eyes fixed on it. Feeling his skin tough her face, she briefly tensed her body, but relaxed when he gently turned her head to the side. The physical contact hadn't been at all starling or unwanted, but it had been unexpected. She wasn't used to anyone showing that kind of concern for her well-being. After spending her life exposed to violence and the darker side of the city, Chase's gentle touch was somehow enticing. She looked up to him, with a soft smile threatening to show itself on her lips. Then he whispered an apology, causing Jasmine to quickly shake her head. "No. Don't apo--" Chase's coughing broke her off and the man then went on to explain to Conor that he'd started the fight.

"What?" Conor asked. Until that point, he'd been keeping an eye on the guys at the other side of the car park, if only to avoid staring whilst Chase and Jasmine seemed to be having a moment. The boss looked Chase in the eyes as if inviting him to elaborate. "You just started the fight? For what? I mean, they're an annoying bunch of pricks and I get that anyone would want to smack them about. I just wouldn't expect any of you three to go looking to cause trouble."

"They might not have thrown the first punch, but they instigated it," Jasmine interjected. "I'm not sure if anyone else here would have been able to hold back from reacting to the crap they were spouting, either. If anything, Chase showed a lot of restraint not to react sooner," she reasoned.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Chase)
RayPurchase RayPurchase (Johnny)

Jackson McCarthy

2048x2730-jake-gyllenhaal-california-linen-suit-43-jpg-def7ce87.jpg
Jackson smiled empathetically as Lucy pouted, rubbing her back lightly in comfort. They had had so many children of their own, yet these two were their first grandchildren - creations from a creation of their very own. To his delight, and honest surprise, Lucy shifted the baby in her arms to hand her off. Jackson prepared himself, both physically and emotionally, morphing his arms into a fleshy, soft bassinet. She was so small and so much lighter than he expected, that Jackson's arms tightened to compensate for how tiny she was. After the loud sobs, little Jane had calmed down to a light murmur, where he could almost hear the natural coos escaping her lips. He felt the baby's curious fingertip reach for his nose, pinching his flaring nostril with an inquisitive touch. Without paying any notice, his smile had grown as far as it could possibly stretch. He hadn't felt such instinctual, unconditional love, and affection since he'd held his own daughter for the first time.

Jane's little gaze fell back to Lucy as Jackson bounced her ever so delicately. "Who's that? Who is that?" Jackson asked with a mock-bewildered look, looking back up to Lucy. He smiled to her and James, a pure smile of mutual tranquility, before his gaze fell back on the precious cargo in his arms. "Is that grandma' and grandpa'?" With that lingering question, he could hardly wait to have a grandchild of his own.

"I will never let anything hurt you," Jackson said softly, pushing back the blanket that only left her tiny face unwrapped. "And if your old man ever says no to ice cream, you can always ride with me."

Jackson looked up to Syd and Roxie, his dumbfound smile as prevalent as ever. "I think I've got the magic touch," he chuckled before his gaze fell back down to Jane. "Either that or I've got her too petrified to whine," he said with a small shrug.

With Lucy's acknowledgment of Jeanie's name, Jackson raised his brow, looking between the two. "Oh... I thought you guys were just a big fan of Barbara Eden. That's a bit more disappointing, to be honest," he said with a chuckle, shrugging to Lucy.

He looked down at Jane once more, and to his surprise, the little baby was fast asleep. He felt his soft smile slowly creep back up his lips as he bounced her carefully in his entangled arms. "God..." He said in a hushed whisper, taking in the precious beauty Jane already held. "You want a turn, mate?" Jackson asked, looking up to Finn in the corner. "Quick, before I change my mind and never let her go."

Bellz Bellz (Lucy/Roxie/Finn) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Misty Gray Misty Gray (James)

Brooklyn Payne
1596145759114.png
Brooklyn watched as what seemed to be one of Adam's co-workers walked back towards the table and proceeded to bid $1900 on the trip to Lake Montauk. Returning her attention back to Adam, he informed her that he had not been to the lake, that he enjoyed beaches and hot weather. "Yea, 1900 is a bit pricey. But yes, they will be grateful for the generous donation." Adam got the bartender's attention and offered to buy her a drink to which she smiled, "Thanks handsome, I'll take a dry martini please." She told the bartender before smiling at Adam's question.

"I use to go to Lake Montauk as a kid with my parents. It was really fun when I was there last, you could go on the boat and fish, or lay out at the beach. I mean the weather isn't scorching hot but its warm enough. Maybe not around this time of year though, I would save a trip there for the summer." Applause could be heard as it seemed that the final bidding had been called. Adam looked towards his table and so did Brooklyn. "Wow, someone really wants to go on that trip!" She chuckled as Adam turned back to her. "3,000 dollars is quite a lot of money. Even I don't have that much to spend." She added before her drink was set down in front of her. Reaching into her back, she tipped the bartender with a few dollars she had laying around in her purse.

"So tell me, where is your favorite place to vacation? And i know I'm not suppose to ask about what you do but I feel this question is more on the side of pleasure than business. Do you get a lot of vacation time? I mean, I find it hard to vacation with the line of work I'm in but it might be different for you."
with: Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray

Tatiana Moretti

68747470733a2f2f7374617469632e74756d626c722e636f6d2f313664363363336666633937613164323333363061...gif By now, Tatiana couldn’t look away, nor could she clear the warm, expectant smile from her face. It seemed to work to her advantage, however, as the woman appeared mildly flustered under the strength of her unrelenting gaze. Without interrupting, she let her explain her idea to go to Montauk alone, which Tatiana believed she was making up on the spot. The way she had kept looking over to her during the auction, sending her little suggestive glances, heavily implied that she was definitely not thinking of going alone. Tatiana’s smile didn’t budge, her gaze intensifying as she waited patiently for the woman to change her mind.

She raised an eyebrow when she finally began to question the possibility of going together, mentioning how it could never happen. It was obvious that she was trying to see a way around it, and so Tatiana simply waited in silence, her smile growing more and more seductive. Finally, the woman gave in.

“Mmm, you make it sound so romantic,” Tatiana played along, almost breaking into a laugh. A tingling sensation spread across her skin when the woman inched closer to her, feeling her temperature starting to rise. It felt so right, so natural, so unstoppable - and somehow the danger of flirting with the enemy only made her more alluring. “But how can I resist...After all, I have a hard time saying no to a pretty face, too.”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Rebel

Chapter 16: Not a Soul Left Unscathed - Part 1
Saturday 19th February 1972
...3 days later…
Evening - Dry, Mild, Clear skies

1596223455455.png

New York City Hospital - Parking Lot
~ Lenox Hill, Manhattan ~
Gabriel Moretti

1596223466328.pngThe evening of the auction had proved to Gabriel that the Sullivans were beyond reason. Lacking the intelligence to see when they were fighting a war they would lose. As if Conor's stubbornness hadn't drilled the message home enough, there was the damage the Irish bunch had done to his vehicles. However, all of that paled in comparison to sickening move they had taken when they had Valentina hospitalised following a violent attack. The bastards who claim to have humanity, yet wiped out most of the Moretti family. The same bastards who still acted as though they were on the more decent side of the war, whilst his defenceless daughter was brutally attacked. The night of the auction had been the giant ignition to the burning war which had been threatened for quite some time. Gabriel hadn't intended to destroy the city he wished to conquer, but if it meant flushing out the rats, it would be worth the expense of rebuilding anything which fell.

Although retaliation towards the Irish Mob was on the cards as soon as Conor and Peter refused Gabriel's generous offer, the attack on Valentina had pushed the Morettis to take more decisive and severe action. Their businesses would be decimated with little regard for those taken down along the way. Their associates and partners would be shown the dangers of associating with the rats. Not only did Gabriel want to destroy the enemy's business, but he wanted the Sullivans to hand over to him those who had laid a hand on his daughter. He wouldn't rest until he'd witnessed their suffering.

Gabriel had been back and forth between his office and the hospital. Plans had to be made to ensure the attacks on the Irish Mob were carried out successfully and he had made sure to give out his orders directly, to make sure there was no confusion among his employees or allies. Gabriel had brought Marcus along with him, fully aware his son needed more of an active role within the business, especially with Valentina's well-being hitting each member of the family hard. With Tatiana on a mission to try extract information from one of the mob's own employees, Marcus was to accompany his father in orchestrating the plan of attack against the Sullivans.

Once everything was set in place, Gabriel and Marcus were able to return to the hospital once more. The drive there was no longer filled with Gabriel going over the plans that were about to be put into action, which meant a silence filled the vehicle. Elvian had been cold and distant with Gabriel over the last few days, which the man took as confirmation she was still blaming him for not protecting their daughter. Something he knew was his responsibility for but was no longer something he could change. He could only change how he was treating their enemy from now on and hopefully protect his family better in the future.

Gabriel was also aware of the fact Marcus had been holding something back for days too. After pulling the car into a spot in the hospital parking lot, Gabriel switched off the engine but didn't move to get out of the car. He figured once they were back with the rest of the family, he wouldn't get an opportunity to speak to Marcus in private. He turned to his son and looked the young man in the eyes before nodding his head. "Now would be a good opportunity for you to get it off your chest. I can tell there's a lot going on in that head of yours," he calmly invited Marcus to speak out.

RayPurchase RayPurchase (Marcus)

New York City Hospital
Valentina Moretti

Valentina had been in the hospital for the last three days, since she'd been attacked and then found unconscious on the street by a concerned members of the public. For the last couple of days, she'd been in and out of consciousness. Even when she was awake and aware enough of her surroundings, she was too tired and confused to say much at all, simply giving light nods or shakes of her head when pushed to. At times, she was grateful for being so tired as it saved her from having to try to piece together the fragmented memories that had been returning to the front of her mind. Although she was sure the recollections were real and accurate, she was having to try fit them together in order, but doing that meant having to relive the attack in her own head. Even though returning her a state of sleep was an escape, even those rewards were temporary as her dreams were a cruel mix of her memories and something intensely surreal no doubt bought on by both the concussion and the painkillers.

As the evening progressed, the persistent heaviness in her eyes was wearing off, along with sleep no long being a readily available option. With a more alert frame of mind, she'd also been able to piece together her ordeal with more certainly, for all of the grief that brought her. She opened her eyes more than she had in days, though the bruising and swelling around her right eye made it difficult to open that one fully. She glanced down to her left hand to see the cast that had been fitted to aid the healing of her broken wrist. The pain was very real, yet she felt detached from herself, like it was someone else's arm she was looking at. She looked up, allowing her eyes to scan the room before they rested on Elvian and Teddy. In her half-conscious state, she'd picked up bits of her family's conversations over the course of the day. Angry words about revenge and suffering. Heated tones of voices that were laced with venom. She couldn't blame her loved ones for feeling that way - she felt it herself. Amongst the fear and heartache, she was angry too. "Mamma," she spoke out, looking for Elvian's hand with her own healthy one. She then looked to Teddy, sending him a nod. On a normal day, she might have been embarrassed about him seeing her in such a state, but any thoughts of personal grooming and looking presentable were far from her concern. Besides, there was something of an understanding, as it was only a few months ago that she had seen him in a beaten and humiliated state. She looked back to Elvian as her mind seemed to fall back down to Earth with a thud, knowing everything she was feeling was a reality. "Where's Papà? Marcus and Tati?" she asked, gasping for air as the intense pain in the side of her skull began to hit her. She lifted her hand to her head, almost ripping the IV out from under her skin. "When are they coming back?" she anxiously asked, forcing the words out whilst struggling to catch her breath back. She seemed to recall they'd been there earlier, but she hadn't been in a state to say anything to them.

As if on cue, the room door was opened by the young female nurse who entered the room along with the middle-aged male doctor. As the nurse set about checking Valentina's heart rate and blood pressure, the doctor set about shining a light into his patient's eyes along with asking some straightforward enough questions to observe the young woman's speech and memory. Despite still feeling groggy and her throat being dry, her answers gave no cause for concern as far as any brain injuries were concerned. Valentina was sure she could have told the doctor that to begin with, but she knew he was just doing his job. "It just hurts," she said, bringing her hand to her head. "Everything just hurts" she firmly told him, the tears lingering in her eyes. The doctor nodded his head and after telling everyone he was satisfied there were no immediate concerns of brain injury following the concussion, he gave the nurse instructions to administer more painkillers.

Valentina watched as the two medical staff then left the room. Her vision was still cloudy, but partly due to her eyes feeling raw and watering. She made out the figure of one of the two police officers who had been waiting outside the room. She was sure she recalled them already showing up and being told to leave by her family, but she knew there was still a chance that had been part of some other weird dream she'd had. Valentina tried to sit up, but failed as the pain in his ribs was intensified by the sudden movement. She took Elvian's hand again and looked to her mother. "Get rid of them. I won't talk to them without Papà here. They need to fuck off," she lowly muttered. She remembered enough to give them her statement by that point, but she wouldn't do it without Gabriel present. If they twisted her words or somehow tried to manipulate things, she wanted him to be there as witness.

Valentina turned her head to look to Teddy, letting out a sigh as she focused on his face. "I bet you had better things in mind for your weekend than this, huh?" she drily asked. Despite her flat tone, she was glad for his presence. If not to support her, then at least to keep her mother company.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Elvian, Teddy)

Savannah's Apartment
Savannah Callahan

1596223523085.pngSavannah didn't like to jinx things, but she couldn't help but think things had been looking up for her lately. There were so many good things happening that it was easy to forget the terrible things that had happened to her and her family recently. She tried not to think about the man she had killed months ago, finally accepting she had no choice but to defend herself. Her family had done everything to assure her that what she had done would never come back to haunt her - or at least, she wouldn't be haunted by it outside of her own conscience.

There had been so much hope that even before her evening with Danny had started, she had a spring in her step. With Sinead pregnant, she was going to have a new baby sibling and Aliana was also going to gift her with a new little cousin. As if that hadn't been enough joy, the twins had been born healthy just three days ago. Savannah had excitedly visited the twins in hospital the night before, practically melting at the sight of the adorable tiny girls. Then, when Syd and Roxie had asked her to be the girls' godmother, she had to do everything in her will to stop herself from fainting. Of course, she hadn't hesitated to accept, after she'd stopped crying little tears of joy.

With everything going on and auditions for her role in another upcoming theatre musical, it hadn't been possible for Savannah to spend Valentine's Day with Danny, so they'd arranged to spend time together this evening. Although Braden was often out and about, she never knew when he'd return to the apartment. After being warned by her family not to venture anywhere risky during escalating tensions with the Morettis, she had to be more creative in her plans for date night. In a moment of inspiration, she'd decided to set up a date for them on the roof of her apartment block. In the summer, it made a perfect sunbathing spot, and in those evenings, it was a good place to hold outdoor gatherings with her friends. Granted, February lacked the same kind of heat those summer nights brought with them, but she decided that wouldn't stop her.

Savannah had set up the table and chairs out on the roof, with the fairy lights lit up along the edge of the wall that overlooked the city from four storeys above. On the kitchen counter was a bottle of wine and a picnic basket of snacks, not to mention a couple of thick blankets she'd folded up ready. Whilst she waited for Danny to arrive, she sat reading her script ready for her next rehearsals on Monday.

She hoped Danny had taken her seriously when she told him to wrap up warm, as she wasn't sure Braden would appreciate her letting Danny borrow his hat and scarf.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Danny)

Last edited:
...3 days later…

chapter 16 (1).jpg
Roxie Carriveau
- Syd & Roxie's House, Oakland Gardens -
Black and white .png
The rest of the night hadn't gone as well as Roxie had hoped. After Finn had patched her up, Syd and her stayed up for a little while longer to talk about his sleeping disorder before finally deciding that it was time to go to sleep. Roxie felt just as tired as she had been when she woke up in the morning. Her whole body was sore and her new stitches itched like crazy but she couldn't lay in bed because she had the babies to tend to. Once she had gotten up for the day, she seemed to be okay but as it got later and later, Roxie's energy started to dwindle little by little.

"You've got dinner tonight, right?" She asked Syd as she walked into the living room with both girls in her arms. Bouncing them around, she knew it was getting close to their feeding time but wanted to wait until she had something to eat so she didn't fall asleep while feeding the girls. "I can help get a recipe together, something easy for you to follow." She smirked gently, knowing that he too that he wasn't the best cook in the world. Jeanie and Jane seemed to be having a conversation of their own as they cooed to one another in Roxie's arms. Smiling down at the babies, Roxie moved towards the living room to place them in their little rockers so her arms could get a break. Once they were seated inside their rockers with pacifiers to keep them occupied. Roxie nodded her head towards the kitchen for Syd to follow when the phone started to ring. Brows furrowing, she wondered who would be calling so late in the evening as she picked up the phone, "Hello?" The guard on the other end greeted her politely and told her that her mother and cousin were waiting outside of the gate to see her. At first, Roxie wondered if he had heard the man right. She hadn't talked to her mother in a few days and she definitely hadn't talked to Ricky in the last few months.

"Let them in, I'll come greet them." Roxie hung up the phone and turned to Syd with a nervous smile on her face. "So, that was the guard out front...My mother and my cousin Ricky have dropped by." The knock on the door confirmed that they were indeed waiting for her outside so she turned down the hall towards the front door but hesitated to open it. Although she was in good standing with her mother, she wasn't so sure of what Ricky would think of her now, shacking up with the man who had killed his Uncle...her father. There was another knock again and this time the dogs seemed to notice and started barking. "Hush!" Roxie hissed, knowing that their loud barks would disturb the babies so she quickly scrambled to open the door.
download (1).jpeg
"Roxanne!" Angelica squealed but as soon as she saw her daughters face, her smile began to dissipate immediately. Roxie knew she must have spotted the fresh bruise on her face, so she did her best to smile cheerfully as if nothing was wrong. "Mama! Ciao!" It's so good to see you!" Roxie moved to hug her mother tightly for a few moments before looking to Ricky with a smirk on her face. "Well well well, look what the cat dragged in ? Long time no see, huh Rick?" Roxie teased before opening the door wider to let the pair in. "Syd! Come meet my mother and Ricky." She called, turning to see if he followed her into the entryway. Once the doors were closed and the dogs quieted down, Roxie's mother looked her dead in the eyes, "Che cosa ti ha fatto?" Her tone was more than accusing as she narrowed her eyes at Syd now, not exchanging any sort of pleasantries.

"Mama, it's nothing. Really, just an accident." Roxie explained, her cheeks warming as she began to get flustered with the awkward situation. Roxie looked to Ricky a moment with desperation in her eyes, hoping that he would help reassure her mother before clapping her hands together. "You want to see the girls I'm assuming? They are in their rockers in the living room, come this way!"
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Ricky Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Angelica (Me)

Gwen Bryant
- Porter House -
Fierce .png
After a few days of mulling it over, Gwen had finally decided that she was ready to leave rehab. Although it went against her main therapists suggestions, Gwen felt that with love and support from her family and her strong relationship with Jason, she would be able to push past her temptations and cravings. Arriving at her brother's house was surreal as she walked up the stairs to the front door. Pausing, she looked to Jason nervously, "I hope she's excited to see me." She murmured honestly, smiling softly to herself after a moment and shaking her head. Of course Lorelei would be happy to see her, she was just being silly. Taking a deep breath, she opened the front door to what seemed like a sea of dogs who were excited to greet Jason and her. After taking a moment to shrug off her coat and greet the dogs she called out, "Lorelei!" Immediately hearing a loud gasp from the kitchen, she listened as something was dropped to the floor and Lorelei sprung out from the kitchen with the biggest smile she could give. "MOM!" JASON! YOU'RE HOME!" Lorelei shrieked before bounding into Gwen's arms, causing the woman to stumble back a few inches.

"Surprise!" Gwen chuckled and knelt down to give her daughter a hug and a kiss on the forehead. Lorelei bounced up and down on her heels as she kept her arms firmly wrapped around Gwen's shoulders. "I missed you so much!" The girl cried and Gwen swept her up into her arms, cradling Lorelei's head close to her chest. "I know, I'm not leaving you again, I've miss you so much too." Kissing her hair repeatedly, Gwen looked to Jason with a smile so big that her cheeks hurt and she couldn't remember the last time she had been this happy.

Heels clicked against the tile and Gwen turned to see Lucy in an apron, Gwen swore the woman lived in the kitchen 24/7. "Welcome home, you two." The blonde greeted kindly and moved to give the pair a hug before caressing Lorelei's hair softly as she pulled away. "She's been nothing but an angel compared to her cousins." Lucy informed Gwen before also adding, "I cleaned your room the other day, I just made sure it was tidy and dusted...it's been surprisingly empty around the house without you here. James will be happy to see you." Gwen smiled at her sister-in-law, "Thank you so much, Lucy, I will have to make it up to you and James." Lucy just waved her hand, "Don't worry about it, hun. Just spend time with your kiddo and you owe us nothing." With that, Lucy headed back to the kitchen and left Gwen, Jason and Lorelei in the front room to spend time together.

"I made some crafts with Blake! They are upstairs in our room, let's go get them!" Lorelei suggested and moved to wiggle out of her mother's arms. Gwen set her down and smiled at Jason before reaching out to take his hand so they could follow the girl upstairs.
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Lorelei + Lucy (me)

Ani Sarraf
- Pulling into EH Headquarters Parking Garage -
82ce8885fead48a6ad1fcd179f0a10eb.jpg
Ani wasn't sure what possessed her to get into her car and drive all the way back to the city from which she narrowly escaped a few months prior, but it felt like a mixture of fear, anger and revenge. Loaded in her car with her was her pitbull, Ralph and her rifle. She hadn't packed a change of clothes, she didn't even have her ID on her. There was a few things she wanted to accomplish while in the city that would require her to be able to make a quick getaway again and extra stuff would just get in the way. After having seen the body bag in the woods a few days prior, Ani had become increasingly paranoid again after having been confident that she'd been hidden for months. If that was some sort of signal from Alistair then she was going to give him what he wanted and come to him. Luckily, he had no idea she was even coming and she would be able to catch him by surprise. Ralph whined anxiously in the backseat and Ani reached her arm behind her to caress his short ears gently. "We're almost there." She told him before returning her hand to the wheel. Watching the familiar city pass her by was bringing back so many unwanted memories. Despite there being some happy ones, it was mixed with pain because she didn't know if she was ever going to see Maddox again. If he was dead, what was she doing this all for? What is there left to live for after that? Her brother was dead, her adopted parents were dead, and if Maddox was dead she'd have nothing left. Well, besides Ralph...but he was a dog, surely he would be able to move on from her. Ani gripped her steering wheel so tightly that her knuckles turned white as she waited at a long red stop light.

She was distracting herself from what she was about to do, she could worry about what she was going to do after the task was done. Her fragile mind wanted to deny that she was going to do it, that she was actually going to kill Alistair but revenge seeped through those fragile thoughts, strengthening them, giving her more than enough reasons as to why it needed to be done. The light turned green, now she was only a few blocks away from the familiar headquarters she use to work in. She knew all of the weak links in security, she knew the parking garage was easiest access point in the place. Once she hit him with her car, he'd be immobilized enough to where he couldn't overpower her, where he couldn't run. He would be right where she wanted him to be. Her heart raced as inched closer and closer to her destination. Alistair was in that building living his final moments and Ani was relishing in the fact that she was going to be able to take his life away just like he took her brothers.

"You ready to do this, boy?" Ani asked Ralph who barked a few times before whining loudly in the back seat. A part of herself was trying to remind her that this wasn't her, that she wasn't a killer, that she saved lives not take them away. Seeing the building, Ani crept her car into the lot that led to the large parking garage very slowly. If there was one thing that she would take away from what she was about to do: people change.
mentions: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Alistair Pyroclast Pyroclast

Chapter 16: Not a Soul Left Unscathed - PART 1
...3 days later…

1596214218793.png

The Goldeneye Hotel
~ Lake Montauk ~

Tatiana Moretti

1596213359269.png It would have been too good to be true if Tatiana had managed to pull off her plan without a hitch. Initially she had expected that she would have to come up with a lie to tell the family to explain where she was going, but after confirming her rendez-vous with Rebel, her plans ended up changing. The attack on Valentina had drawn most of her thoughts away from her - as alluring as the woman was, her little sister would take priority over anything. Since the auction when she had heard the terrible news, Tatiana had spent all her time with her family, either visiting Valentina in the hospital or discussing what their next move would be. It was those discussions that changed what was supposed to have been only a back-up plan into her primary mission. There was no other justification she could come up with for spending a weekend with the enemy while her sister was lying in hospital. She would have to use Rebel for information.

Even for Gabriel’s sake, then, there was no need to come up with a lie. The family knew where she was going and what her plan was, so they had a guard escort her privately to the lakeside hotel and stay nearby in case Tatiana needed any assistance. For the most part, however, she would be alone; if Rebel figured out that she had brought anyone with her, there was only one thing she would have to do, and if she was being honest with herself, she didn't want to do it. In fact, despite what she had promised her father, she didn't want to bring the woman any harm at all. It didn't make much sense as to why she cared - she knew the woman was affiliated with the enemy, and still didn't actually know her name. Her identity was mostly a mystery to Tatiana, including her background and the duties she carried out - for all she knew, she could have taken part in the mob's horrendous crimes against her family. Any other time, she would have been thrilled to hunt down whoever had hurt or wronged her family, ever ready to unleash a violent fate upon them. It disappointed her, however, that it had to be the one woman she had chosen to single out against the rest of the mob.

She arrived late in the evening, expecting her to already be there. Although she was well practised at keeping her composure, she couldn’t stop her heart from racing as she unlocked the door to their suite. The lights were on, illuminating the grand interior. At first she viewed it as romantic: the chandeliers, the velvet drapes, the plump, cashmere cushions on the loveseat. Then, she couldn’t help but envision the crime scene she would be turning it into: which chair would be most effective to tie her to, how far the spray of blood would reach. It wasn’t the weekend she had been hoping for.

Not knowing where the woman was, Tatiana decided not to call out her name in case she was waiting to ambush her. Instead, she left her luggage at the entrance and crept stealthily across the floor. A faint sound of sloshing water penetrated the silence and she narrowed her eyes, following it to its source. Her hand rested on the door handle as she hesitated, one hand ready to grab her switchblade just in case.

What she saw when she opened the door shouldn’t have surprised her, but having expected to be walking into a trap, Tatiana couldn’t help but smile with amusement. “You found the bath.” Her beating heart was no longer racing from suspense, but from the sight of the woman before her. Light glimmered upon her shoulders, reflected from the rippling water and heaps of bubbles that engulfed her body. The scene was more than inviting - like a fantasy, or a dream she would never want to forget - but not even Tatiana was bold enough to undress and join her. Not at this stage, anyway. “I’m sorry I kept you waiting,” she lied, biting down on her lip as she forced herself to look away. “I’ll just be outside. Take your sweet time...”

Bellz Bellz Rebel

The Cross
~ Yorkville, Manhattan ~

Chase Zegarra

1596210813462.png It wasn’t a particularly cold evening, but Chase still didn’t envy the guards securing the perimeter of The Cross. He passed them with a friendly nod of acknowledgement as he entered the restaurant, ready to take his position. Part of a guard’s job was to blend in so as not to ruin the atmosphere for the customers, especially when circumstances demanded an increase in security. He arrived a few minutes early to take his post and was immediately flagged down by Joe and Nicky, who had been occupying what they always referred to as the ‘crow’s nest’ - in other words, the table with the optimal view of the room.

“That’s us off then, yeah?” Nicky asked, though without really needing an answer. She drained the last of her pint before getting to her feet and patted Chase on the arm as a signal for him to take her seat. “Might as well get yourself and your partner a drink. Who’s on with you tonight?”

“We’ll see, I guess,” he answered. He knew who he was hoping to be partnered up with, but he wasn’t always sure who would be joining him. “So it’s all been okay so far? Are there any tables in particular that you’re watching?”

Joe and Nicky simultaneously scanned the room and shrugged, leading Chase to wonder if they had been doing their job properly or mostly paying attention to their drinks. It was hard to concentrate sometimes when there didn’t seem to be anything suspicious going on. “Hey, but just ‘cause it’s quiet don’t mean you can slack, kid,” Joe teased. “Night’s only getting darker and we’re expecting shit all over the city after what happened. Eyes like a hawk, alright?”

“Eyes like a hawk,” Chase confirmed, removing his coat and taking a seat at the table. Joe and Nicky soon took their leave, and he was left to observe the customers. It was mostly families or small groups of friends, with nothing jumping out as unfriendly or suspicious. The news of Valentina’s attack had spread fast and given the intensity of their feud, it wasn’t hard to guess who would be Moretti’s first suspects. Ever since the auction, all the guards were employed to protect all residences and establishments owned by or affiliated with the mob in anticipation of an attack. Chase didn’t mind the extra work, but his head had been a little clouded ever since the fight in the car park. It could have partly been the result of his injuries, but given the nature of the thoughts that had been distracting him he thought it was more likely to be caused by certain blossoming feelings.

The sound of the door opening caught his attention and when Jasmine appeared, his whole face lit up. He waved her over with an insuppressible smile, already feeling his cheeks grow warm just from being near her. However she may have tried to conceal it, to him her black eye looked far worse than it had three days ago. “Hi, Jasmine,” he coyly greeted her. His voice was still a little gravelly even after resting it for a few days, but Jasmine’s presence was enough to let it escape his attention. “You’ve got a little something on your face, there,” he lightly teased, gesturing to her eye as she sat down beside him. His smile remained, but the amusement faded as he finally let his concern for her show after keeping it to himself for the past few days. “How are you doing? Are you okay?”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Jasmine

...3 days later…

159618177163012264.jpeg 159618177163012264 (1).jpeg 159618177163012264 (2).jpeg

Manhattan, New York
Amato Castello

"This way! Come on!" Stella laughed as she skipped off towards the crosswalk. "Slow down, Stells. I'm gonna spill my drink," Ian protested, waving his plastic cup around. It was another beautiful evening in Manhattan, with the bright, live bars feeding off the youthful energy. The perfect club was just down the street, and Stella had no intention of missing her favorite local band. "We can't! We don't wanna' miss the openers!" The group chuckled at Stella's strong enthusiasm, but their demeanor didn't quite match hers. They were enjoying such a clear night, and with such a calm breeze, they had every intention of enjoying the fresh air before jamming themselves into a loaded club. "We got all the time in the world. Don't you want to finish your mojito?" Ian raised Stella's cup to her, to which she smiled and slowed down to his pace. Tonight was the night Ian was going to make his move, but he couldn't seem to shake the jitters that ravaged his nerves. He'd known Stella since the first semester and fell every day since - but it didn't feel any easier. If he was going to do anything, he'd need a bit of liquid courage in both of them, as he could tell by the energy between them that she felt the same way. He just hoped All That Jazz was the right place, as it was just another overcrowded night club in his mind. Maybe he was wrong though, maybe tonight was meant to be. The two of them blended back into their friend group, the tops of their hands nearly brushing together.

article-2121512-125E8176000005DC-146_634x374.jpg
With a bubbly giggle, Stella led the group to the front door of the Jazz club, nearly running face-first into the bouncer. Luckily, it was an early night and the bouncer still had almost all his patience. With the young night on the horizon, they excitedly reached for their IDs, failing to notice the navy blue 1967 Chevy Malibu rolling down the street. It's dark, tinted windows reflected the bright neon sign like a shaded mirror, slipping by without the slightest glance.

"Isn't she a doll," Amato commented on Stella from the back seat. "What a shame," he let out a sick chuckle, throwing his arm up over the headrest. The Chevy wasn't the first thing the small college group failed to notice. If they had any reason to be more perceptive, they would've seen the sparks of the snipped telephone cords just a few blocks earlier. Then again, it was New York. Even if Ian had seen it out of the corner of his eye, it would've stayed there. There were far stranger sights in the city that never slept. Crime was just far too easy to commit in a town where no one really paid notice outside their little bubble.

The back dash of the Chevy Malibu lit up like a candle, exposing the malice and imperfections that plagued everyone's expressions. Through the back window, the entire skyline was lit an ember hue, as distant sirens wailed over the horizon. "There she goes," Amato chuckled, looking out the back window at the bright amber light. "Jesus, would you look at that. That old factory lit up like a goddamn match, huh?" Amato laughed, looking over to Tony. With the abandoned factory set ablaze in the Flatiron District, mixed with the cut powerlines by the jazz club, they felt confident that not a single police cruiser would stroll down their road.

The Chevy took a hard right into the murky alleyway, it's stiff tires crushing the broken glass and pebbles that riddled the concrete. The vehicle stopped just short of the side entrance, with not a single light to expose the idling car. Amato's hand slipped the wool ski-mask over his face, as his other secured the muzzle of his Beretta M12. "What'd ya' say, boys? Let's ruin these fucks," Amato grumbled, racking the slide of his submachine gun.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Steve) RayPurchase RayPurchase (Tony)

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Jackson McCarthy

Jake-Gyllenhaal-July-2015-Esquire-Cover-Photo-Shoot-002.jpg
The bright sunset settled over the New Jersey skyline, engulfing the entire coast in a warm wrap of soft magenta. Everything, from the glassy water to the sleek, tall office windows reflected the overwhelming sunset pallet. Through the palm trees emerged the black 1970s Plymouth, whipping past the short concrete divider that kept the tall mountain from the sandy shore below. The vehicle carved through traffic like a butterknife, with only the sounds of the roaring engine left behind for the pedestrians to gather what had just ripped past them. In the driver's seat sat Jackson, a comfortable suit wrapped around his person and a cold expression plastered on his face. Dangling from his lips was a withering cigarette, undisturbed by the high speeds he had been pushing. No cruiser would dare pursue them, as, by the time they realized what had just tore passed them, the trio would already be long gone. Whilst in the Plymouth, the group was practically untouchable.

The Plymouth ripped off of the highway and was instantly consumed by the bright, neon lights of Atlantic City. Clubs, Poker, Craps, endlessly possibility in the greatest strip to rival Las Vegas. The men weren't there for pleasure, however, as the Plymouth coasted right past the various casinos. Instead, the vehicle turned off towards one of the most exclusive clubs in Jersey, the D'Addezio Gentlemen's Club.

Jackson looked to the other two in the car, sporting similar suave attire. It was important for them to dress the part, as they were representing the entire Porter Crime Family, and to the fact that they were trying to crash an elite club without any reservation. "Boy, do we look fuckin' good," Jackson commented, with a stiff nod and a cheeky smirk. "We'll fit right in, I reckon." Jackson turned off into the overcrowded parking garage, just beside the gentlemen's club. After finding a parking spot closest to the exit, he put the rumbling Plymouth to rest and stepped outside. It had been a while since Jackson had been on a job that required him to dress up, and he was enjoying every second of it. The moment the shockingly warm air hit his gelled hair, he immediately shifted the dark ray bans over his nose, hiding his mysterious gaze behind a passive expression. He looked over his shoulder to Peter and Conor, before stepping forward.

The streets were arguably more packed than just about anywhere in New York, yet the pedestrians sported far nicer attire and civilized manners. Their wardrobe, however, didn't match the tastefully dressed Porters, evident by the turning heads they passed on the way to the club.

D'Addezio's entrance was accompanied by a marble staircase, reaching two double doors flanked by massive extravagant pillars. Between the two boulders of concrete stood a tall, bulky man in a suit, with a clipboard held firmly in his hands. "Name?" The bouncer asked the trio. Jackson looked back to Conor and Peter with a raised brow, before throwing back on his familiar, charming smile. "Do we look like a lot that wouldn't be on that list?" Jackson asked with a chuckle. The bouncer, half a foot taller than him, stared down at Jackson without the smallest sense of amusement.

"You guys' aren't from around here are you?" The bouncer asked flatly, crossing his arms in front of his chest. Jackson shrugged slightly, looking past the bulky guard to the window beside him. The window was more tinted than his own Plymouth's, which led to the question of what exactly they were hiding in there. "Not really, but we didn't exactly get all dressed up to get turned down, did we?" He asked rhetorically and tried to step forward, but the bouncer's hand raised to catch his chest. "I don't care how nicely you cleaned up. If you guys' aren't on the list, you're not getting in." The bouncer seemed unwilling to budge, as his sharp gaze stared down the three Porters.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

...3 days later…

ef9dd1fe1ac70b41ee61201afbf841d5.jpg

Van Gerwen Financial and Criminal Law LLP, Manhattan, New York
Mitchell Van Gerwen

The evening was rapidly slipping away, and night and weekend was fast approaching. The clubs and bars were already beginning to be filled as the office lights went out one by one, however Mitch’s remained blazing. A cup of coffee sat on the left hand side of the desk. Half drunk and by now luke warm, the steam from when Jenny had made it on her way out long since dissipated. She would have stayed longer without a fuss, in fact she tried to volunteer to do just that, however Mitch has told her to go, no sense in both of them staying late. Besides he didn’t mind, he had the whole of sunday set aside for Rachel, so a late nighter was on the cards to make sure that everything was fully squared away. It just so happened that it was occurring at the same time as the end of monthly accounts. Whilst it didn’t come completely under his remit, it was always best to have legal run an eye over such things, make sure that the ‘i’s were dotted and the ‘t’s crossed. Al Capone had been brought down due to incorrectly filed taxes and evasion, a poor end for such a figure who had committed a plethora of far worse crimes.

What that meant however was that there was 3 times the amount of paperwork that was normally in the office. Accounts of directly owned Mob businesses, their subsidiaries, payments from protectorates that were then hidden in the figures of these other companies. All tiny parts of the complete picture, all smoking guns in their own way. That’s why they only did this once a month, knowledge was power, and right now you could fill the public library with the amount of documents clustered in the not too large office. Mitch was in the centre, his blaser long since discarded along with his tie. He took a sip of the coffee, grimacing slightly at the tepid nature of it, but not enough to stop drinking. It was fuel at this point, most of the reports had been sifted through and moved to relevant boxes to be moved back to secure storage, over half were already there now, but that still left a decent amount to go. He looked up from the folder in front of him for a moment, rubbing his glasses with a small cloth as he caught the time on the wall mounted clock.

“Making pretty good time. May even make it back for a reasonable dinner at this rate,”

Maybe even make a surprise swing by on Rachel on the way back. Between the pair of them a lot of hours were worked, not exactly leaving a lot of free time. A surprise trip round, possibly bearing a hot take out could be the perfect start to the weekend.

(INTERACTIONS: No one of course, no one else is in thr office this late)

The Goldeneye Hotel
~ Lake Montauk ~

Rebel Holt
1596234725767.png
Rebel had arrived at the hotel around noon, wanting to make sure she could prepare the hotel room for any sort of situation. She placed a few handguns in a few areas, one under the bathroom sink in between some extra towels, one under the loveseat cushion in the main room, one outside on the balcony, and one in the drawer of her bedside table. She made sure to leave her luggage on the side that she would be sleeping on so Tati didn't go snooping around. Once she had done everything she needed to, Rebel was finally able to check out the luxurious bathroom. The bathtub was so large that it could fit at least 4 adults inside of it and although she wanted to keep her guard up, it was calling her name. Thinking that Tati might not even show up, Rebel filled the bath with the complimentary bubble bath and a few rose petals before slipping out of her tight clothing and submerging into the piping hot water.

She had only been in there for a few minutes when she heard the door open. Freezing, Rebel pushed the bubbles around so her body wasn't showing in the water and only her head was sticking out. Listening as Tati got settled, she caught sight of her as she walked into the bathroom. A smile formed on the beautiful woman's face and Rebel smirked sheepishly in her direction, cheeks warm from both the temperature of the water and from the awkwardness of the situation. "You caught me." Rebel said, clearing her throat as she heard her voice sounding low and rough. Tati apologized for keeping her waiting and Rebel chuckled lowly, "I didn't think you were going to show up." The woman said honestly before Tati announced that she would be outside and that Rebel could take her sweet time.

Once the door was closed, Rebel let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding before sinking down until she was completely underwater. After some time, Rebel finally decided it was time to get out and face the music. Drying off, she kept looking towards the cabinets below the bathroom sink, wondering if she was going to need her handgun any time soon. Tatiana was a hard one to read, she didn't seem in any way threatening...but that's what probably made this situation all the more dangerous. Once she was dry, Rebel realized that her change of clothes was out in the main room on the bed which left her feeling completely exposed as she grabbed one of the white robes that were hanging on the door. Once she was covered and the robe was tied, Rebel opened the door and peeked her head out.

Feeling completely embarrassed, Rebel revealed herself in what felt like an almost too short robe. Playing with the hem of it, she pulled it down desperately to keep her backside covered and moved towards her luggage that was sitting on the bed. "I have never been in such a fancy hotel before." Rebel admitted to Tatiana as she moved to unzip her bag. "I'm Rebel, by the way, guess I should tell you my name since we are staying here together."
with: Tati Pyroclast Pyroclast

Riccardo Biancardi

Annotation 2020-08-01 022431.pngRicky had mixed feelings about his decision to accompany his Aunt Angelica to visit Roxie and the babies. The death of his Uncle Stefano had managed disrupt the immediate path he'd been taking. Granted, his path was always going to involve joining in with his family's criminal ties, but until now he'd been coasting and not expecting to be thrown in at the deep end quite so soon. With Stefano dead, Ricky had become second-in-command, with his own father taking charge in his uncle's place. It was a sudden increase in responsibility and despite not having to concern himself with it until recently, Ricky had slipped into the role relatively easy. Heaven knows he'd sat through enough meetings and worked on enough tasks to get a feel for things. He suspected some kind of introduction to the Moretti Family that Stefano had been involved with was looming, but Ricky chose to think about that tricky business closer to the time.

The mixed feelings he was having about visiting Roxie were not about his cousin. He and Roxie had been close growing up, so he was excited to catch up with her and meet his 'nieces'. The problem came with her choice of partner. Syd Porter was a significant part of the Irish Mob and he was the very man who had murdered his Uncle. Personally, Ricky thought Stefano was a miserable pain in the neck, but he was still family and there was a natural loyalty to that. No matter how much Stefano had got on Ricky's nerves while he was still alive, it didn't make the man's death something to celebrate. Ricky was a lot of things, but disrespectful to his own flesh and blood couldn't be one of them.

After the guards had called through to Roxie, they permitted Ricky and Angelica entry to the grounds. The Italian man knocked on the door before looking to Angelica and flashing a smile. "I hope this isn't awkward. I've had enough of that over the last few weeks and quite frankly, I just want to chill out over a drink," he said, lifting his hand to acknowledge the gift bag he was carrying. He knocked again, triggering the dogs to start barking inside. "Ahhhh, that must be Syd talking. The Irish accent really cuts through you, doesn't it?" he joked. He couldn't resist comparing Syd to a dog. Now it was out of his system, he hoped he could get on with being pleasant around Roxie's choice of partner. Though Stefano may have been at war with the Porters, Ricky personally felt it was no skin off his nose and for the sake of his cousin he would reserve judgement until he'd met Syd.

When Roxie opened the door, Ricky displayed a wide smile. That expression faded very rapidly when he noticed the bruise on Roxie's face. "Okay. Awkward it is then," he mumbled. Roxie turned her attention to him and gave a teasing greeting. This caused Ricky's grin to return and he let out a small laugh. "Well, when I heard babies were in town, how could I resist? I'm certainly not here for your benefit!" he teased her back. He stepped into the house and watched on as Angelica made her comment, causing Roxie to claim her bruise was an accident. Ricky let out a sigh before dumping the gift bag on the nearest table and reaching inside to retrieve a bottle of wine as well as a 6-pack of beers. "I figured the baby girls will have had enough presents, so I brought gifts for the adults. Besides, the twins came along too early for me to buy them something inspired." Ricky was hoping to cut through the awkward atmosphere. However, once they stepped into the room to see the twins, the man set his eyes on Syd and mentally commanded himself to hold his tongue.

"Evening. I'm Ricky - Roxie's cousin. You must be Syd? I've heard lots about you, but none of it from Roxie," he greeted him, keeping his tone light. His face remained neutral as he took the opportunity to look the man over. Perhaps he was sizing him up. Considering the guy had killed his uncle and the jury was out on the source of Roxie's bruise, Ricky felt he was well within his right. "Must have been a rough few nights, huh?" he remarked. Having realised he'd ended up allowing an awkward atmosphere himself, Ricky turned to where the twins were and his eyes practically lit up as he approached. "Oh wow! Aren't they just the most beautiful little things?" he enthusiastically gushed. "I don't even have to pretend they're cute... because, honestly, that was my biggest concern about coming here," he joked.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd) Bellz Bellz (Roxie, Angelica)

Conor Sullivan

203840-1559547444.jpgToday was Conor's birthday and given that the previous few had been spent in prison, this one was far from was he'd hoped for it to be. Instead of partying with his family and friends, he was visiting New Jersey on business. Following his meeting with Gabriel and Rhys, things had been pushed into overdrive. Conor's refusal to accept Moretti's offer had been bad enough, but then the Italian's daughter and been attacked. Of course, the blame for that was placed firmly on Conor and his gang. The Irishman could protest his innocence to the enemy until he was blue in the face, but they wouldn't believe him and he doubted he would believe Moretti were the tables turned. Despite any threats Conor and Peter may have given the Morettis, the Mob Boss had not ordered Valentina to be attacked. One of the fears that was eating away at him was the possibility any of his own family might think he'd arranged it.

With Moretti building up support for his family, Conor knew he had to step up and do the same, which was what brought him to New Jersey with Jackson and Peter. As they approached the gentlemen's club, Conor straightened out his gold cuff-links. With his leadership role, he seemed to be wearing fancy suits more and more often. Although he naturally sported a good suit, it was sometimes his preference to dress down and get his hands dirty. "Shame we're not all dressed up for a good old piss-up," he remarked.

When they entered D'Addezio's, Conor put on an approachable smile whilst he took in the exquisite interior of the building. His attention was drawn to the bouncer who was of similar height to himself. The man made it clear their name had to be on the list to be granted entry. Jackson made a move to bypass the bouncer, but the guy stopped him in his tracks.

"How about you just pick out three names from your list and cross us off alongside them," Conor suggested. "Unless you'd prefer to negotiate an entry fee." Conor would have preferred to have punched the bouncer and then granted the three of them access himself, but it wasn't appropriate to do so.

Bellz Bellz (Peter) Enzyme Enzyme (Jackson)

Last edited:
Syd Porter

1596411079471.png Dawn was just starting to break when Finn finally left their house. With Roxie’s stitches freshly redone and hope in mind to someday get over his night terrors, Syd eventually went to his bedroom and watched the sun come up. Though physically exhausted, his mind was too active to sleep. He recalled the days before his medication when he would wake up naturally with the sun. Back then, he was far more secure in himself, with so much energy and life. Now, most of it was wasted by manic episodes or sucked away by depression.

His night terrors were often contained enough that he was able to keep them to himself, but despite Finn’s supportive input, the fact that Roxie had witnessed one and been hurt in the process left Syd feeling too ashamed of himself to go back to sleep again. Instead, he drank extra coffee and busied himself by answering the twins, making sure not to sit down in case he nodded off and hurt them too. The day started properly when Roxie emerged from her room. It was clear that she hadn’t got back to sleep either, so Syd tried to keep the day as quiet and easy as possible for everyone’s sake. No going to work, no leaving the house, no phone calls - just chores and each other’s company.

“Sure, I can whip something up,” he assured her with a smile when she asked about dinner. Though he knew he was a terrible cook, he was grateful to have something to do to keep himself awake. He gratefully accepted her offer to help him. The bruises on her face were looking worse by the hour, but despite his unconscious fit of violence she didn’t seem to be tense around him. It was reassuring to know that she still wanted to spend the day being close to him.

The sound of the phone ringing interrupted their task before they had even reached the kitchen. Instead of continuing without her, Syd went to sit between the twins’ bassinets and gently rocked them while he watched Roxie and tried to work out from her expression who she might be talking to. It became clear that it was the guards on the other end, who tended to only call when someone had arrived at the gate. The thought of anyone turning up unannounced, even his parents, made him slightly nervous. He didn’t like unexpected guests at the best of times, but given Roxie’s visible facial injuries he was especially keen to be left alone. When she explained that it was her family who had arrived, his nerves exploded into full anxiety and he sprang to his feet in alarm. “What?” he asked, sounding almost horrified. “But they didn’t say they were coming! You didn’t invite them, did you?” Then came the knock on the door. Syd had never met any of her family before and since killing Stefano he had been especially nervous about introducing himself. When she moved off down the corridor, Syd rushed to try and stop her. “Roxie, wait, can we at least try to cover up your -”

But three excited dogs got between them before he could reach her, and when he heard the door open and unfamiliar voices ring out in the entrance hall he spun back around the door into the kitchen again. Catching his reflection in the window prompted him to take a few deep breaths. Even though the guests hadn’t been invited, he knew he had to make as good a first impression as possible on Roxie's mother and cousin. If he appeared at all unstable next to her with her bruised face, it would surely be harder to convince them that it had been an accident.

Eventually she called him, and he knew then that his time to prepare was up. Slowly, he walked down the hall, meeting their eyes but not coming too close. Just as he was about to formally introduce himself, Roxie’s mother flared and reeled off something in Italian, her glare so piercing it made him flinch. Roxie answered her in English, but it would have made no difference to Syd if she hadn’t. He knew exactly what her mother was angry about. The man, who must have been her cousin, sighed and attempted to move past the awkwardness by withdrawing a bottle of wine and a six-pack of beers; while it was a generous gesture, Syd’s heart sank at the thought of them staying long enough to get through it all.

Hearing the babies begin to stir from all the commotion, Syd used them as an excuse to break away from the awkward encounter. By the time Roxie and her family had made their way through, he was sitting between the two bassinets, gently rocking them side to side. Knowing that the two would likely rush over to the twins, however, Syd instead went over to the dogs, if not for their comfort then for his own. Ricky was the first to address him, and his words instantly pricked at him. He knew that his name was known widely for both his role in the mob and for his nightclub, but given his recent suicide attempt and institutionalisation, the idea that the man had heard so much about him made him feel somewhat uneasy. Keeping a distance, Syd looked over to him and all that came out was, “Right…”

He didn’t respond when the man suggested that they had had a rough few nights; he wasn’t sure whether he was referring to Roxie’s injuries, the dark rings around their eyes or if it had simply been a light-hearted comment about early parenthood. Already on edge, Syd was looking to twist the man’s words and when he joked about the twins not being cute, he couldn’t help but take offence, both at the possibility of his daughters not being cute and of what other concerns he may have had for coming over. “Speaking of, how long are you in the area for?” he asked, trying not to sound too bitter. “Are we putting you both up for the night or are you staying somewhere already?”

Catching Roxie’s mother’s eye by mistake, Syd stepped over to her and took her hand into his in a forced act of gallantry. “Angelica, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” he told her. “Ciao, piacere, benvenuto.” As hard as he was trying to keep his composure, his whole body felt tense and he already wanted to escape their intrusive company. He could feel himself entering a manic state as he stepped to the other side of the twins’ cribs. “This is Jeanie Lucille, the eldest twin, and this is Jane Angelica, named after you. They’re not identical, so don’t mix them up. Does anyone want a coffee?” He looked between Angelica and Ricky, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans. “I mean, does anyone want to hold the twins while I go and make coffee? Roxie…” Syd gestured to the cribs before darting out of the room.

His heart was hammering in his chest and his breathing had started to escalate. He wished everyone would leave. They were Roxie’s family, and he knew it meant a lot to her that they had come to visit, but he would much prefer to have invited them than to have to receive them out of the blue. “It’s just the lack of sleep,” he muttered to himself as he worked on making the coffees. “You’re not a bad person, you just made a mistake and it won’t happen again if you just sleep alone forever and ever and ever.” He recited it quickly and matter-of-factly as though he had said it a million times before. “Just be nice to them and they’ll be able to see past the fact that you hit Roxie and killed Stefano. Easy. Easy.” Syd let out a quiet, self-deprecating chuckle. He caught his reflection again in the window but looked away instantly, knowing how quickly his mood could turn in this state.

He carried the coffees out on a tray and slid them carefully onto the table. “They’re strong, just how you Italians like them, right?” Coming back to join the group reminded him how crowded the room felt and so he stepped back to create some space. “It’s not what you’re all thinking, by the way,” he said suddenly, no longer able to stand the tension. “Yes, I gave Roxie those bruises, but I - it wasn’t on purpose.” He wasn’t looking at anyone directly, lest their reaction affected his own behaviour. “I h...have a, uh...a kind of sleeping disorder that makes me...lash out in my sleep.” His voice faltered slightly as he realised how fabricated it may sound to them, and he cleared his throat before continuing. “I just fell asleep next to her by accident, that’s all. We don’t normally sleep together, if you have to know.” Syd was shifting from foot to foot and his hair became increasingly bedraggled as he ran a compulsive hand through it. On another day, in another mood, he was sure their first time meeting would have gone a lot smoother, but in that moment, having had to share with them something very personal that he was deeply insecure about, he was desperate for them to leave.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Roxie, Angelica
Misty Gray Misty Gray Ricky

Roxie Carriveau
Angelica Carriveau
Black and white .png
Roxie was all smiles but she knew Syd had other feelings about her relatives showing up unannounced. Ricky was as easy going as Roxie remembered but her mother was angry and she knew that it would take the woman a moment to calm down. At the mention of babies, her mother managed to muster a smile and Roxie hurriedly ushered them into the room where the twins were. Sighing in relief as Ricky seemed to turn his attention to the twins completely, Roxie smiled widely and chuckled at his comment about him not having to pretend they were cute. "Well, of course, they are cute, they came from me. We know I was always the better-looking offspring in the family." Roxie teased him again before looking to Syd as he questioned how long her family was in the area. "I'm sure Mama has a place to stay in the city, right?" Looking to her mother, the woman nodded once before turning her attention to the babies. Syd had made eye contact with her and forced himself to introduce himself. Roxie was surprised to hear him speak Italian and her mother seemed just as surprised, so much so that a small smile formed on the woman's lips, a big difference to the way she looked only moments ago. "Piacere di conoscerti." Angelica said in a cool tone and Roxie smiled at the pair, "She says it's a pleasure to meet you as well." Roxie translated for Syd. He then went on to introduce the twins while Roxie softly translated for her mother, for she only caught certain words in English. At hearing that Jane's middle name was her own, Angelica placed a hand over her heart and moved to take Roxie's hand. Smiling sweetly, Roxie kissed her hand and before any more could be said, Syd escaped out of the room.

Watching him go, Roxie cleared her throat. "You'll have to excuse him." Roxie murmured to Ricky and her mother, "It has been rough the last couple of nights...like you said, Ricky." Hearing her babies cooing, Roxie turned to them for a moment and moved to lift them both out of their rockers. "Hi, my girls." She cooed to them. "I'm assuming you want to hold them, yes?" She was asking more for Ricky, knowing that her mother would want to hold her grandchildren. Once the babies were in her relative's arms, Syd returned to the room with coffees. He set the tray on the table and made a mention of Italians liking strong coffees, which made her giggle a bit. "My mother likes coffee so strong that it burns hair right off, I swear to god." Roxie mentioned to him before moving to stand by his side.

She could sense that he was having a hard time and things were tense but when he started addressing the elephant in the room, Roxie moved to take his hand in hers. Staying silent, she let him say his piece before clearing her throat once again. "Ironically enough, our first encounter with one another ended up with me hitting him...and that definitely wasn't an accident." Roxie chuckled, trying to make the situation lighter now that everything was out in the open. Roxie spoke to her mother, summing up what Syd had said in Italian and then adding her joke at the end. To her relief, her mother actually chuckled while bouncing Jane in her arms. Squeezing Syd's hand, Roxie looked to him with a smile, nodding her head subtly to let him know that he was in the clear.

Jeanie let out a little cry and Roxie shuffled towards Ricky, "I don't think she likes that ugly mug of yours." Roxie teased as she moved to run her fingers softly against her daughter's cheek. "I actually think she's hungry but I'm gonna have to wait until I eat something. Poor girl, no patience." She cooed to the baby before Roxie turned to look at the wine choice Ricky had brought. "I haven't had a drink in 7 months! Best keep the wine away from Syd but I think the 6 pack will do. Thank you for the adult gifts, Rick. The girls have been getting spoiled while poor Syd and I have been slaving away. It's nice to receive something."
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Ricky Misty Gray Misty Gray

Jackson McCarthy

Jake-Gyllenhaal-July-2015-Esquire-Cover-Photo-Shoot-002.jpg
The bouncer was steadfast, and the stern, passive stare he held made it clear that this was far from his first time handling groups like these three. Conor was sizeable to any man with half a functioning brain, but the bouncer hadn't been hired to hold the door to one of the most exclusive clubs in New Jersey, based purely on his charm. The man was broad and towering, and if it came down to it, he didn't look as opposed to physically throwing all three of the Porters down the very stairs they had trekked up as most might be. While Conor attempted to urge the man to scribble three names off the sheet, the bouncer didn't take his eyes off of him. Out of the three Porters, Conor was by far the most intimidating, sheerly off of his size. Conor was the one he really had to worry about, at least in the bouncer's mind. A real rookie mistake, coming from a man who appeared to be a veteran doorman. While Conor was definitely the most physically imposing, it was no secret to the rest of the family that Conor had always tried to take the more diplomatic approach for appearance's sake, especially after his prior convictions. Given his current status among the Porters, it was entirely understandable for him to want to take that approach. Jackson, the 5'10 man beside Conor, on the other hand - had no obligation to keep up such an appearance.

With all the attention on Conor, not even the slightest brow movement was made when Jackson shoved his hands in his pockets. Even as he unsheathed the glistening brass knuckles, the bouncer's eyes never left Jackson's 6'4 counterpart. That's what made the abrupt hit so devastating, as it came ultimately out of left field. DINK. The bouncer's treetrunk legs turned to jelly below him, and his massive torso was quick to follow. "Stay down, mate," Jackson suggested as the guard's eyes spun around in their sockets, his head helplessly slumped against the concrete wall. Before the very thought of getting up could so much as formulate in the darkest parts of the bouncer's stuttering brain, another calamitous hit was delivered. This one hit the lower half of the man's head, instead of the temple this time, and completely separated the right side of his jaw, throwing him to the floor and instantly turning out the lights.

"That wasn't goin' anywhere," Jackson defended his approach, hiding the bloody brass back in his pockets. "Right then. After you, birthday boy," Jackson said with a cheeky smile, holding open the forbidden door for Conor, and then Peter.

The question as to why the windows had been so heavily tinted was quickly answered once they stepped inside. The interior was beautifully decorated with a heavy take on Greece's ancient golden period of art and architecture. The decor, however, was slandered entirely with powerful men and women in immaculate outfits desecrating the elegant design with substantial drug use and wild orgies, flanking both sides of the hallway on brightly colored couches. "Bloody hell, this place is a fuckin' zoo," Jackson muttered to Peter as they made their way down the hall, exposed to many body parts and activities most felt more comfortable presenting in the privacy of their own bedroom.

The main ballroom resembled that of a banquet, with dozens of tables filled with drunk patrons surrounding a stage with a loud jazz band - blasting the soundproof walls with their intense, head throbbing melody. The trio had to physically push their way through the dense crowd to make any progress whatsoever until they had finally reached the brim of the stage. Jackson looked around them with a level of amazement at how such a beautiful establishment could be filled with so many high-class degenerates.

"You boys wanna grab a drink before we crash the party or what?" Jackson asked with a toothy smile, having to shout over the incessant hammering of the trumpet just to be heard.

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Conor) Bellz Bellz (Peter)

Ethan Turner

1596549272037.pngThe night of the auction couldn't have gone better, in Ethan's eyes. Granted, he came out with a broken nose to show for it, but that was outweighed by everything else. Getting the Irish trio to react and fight had been certain to rile up Moretti, given the damage to the man's vehicles. However, it had been the attack on Gabriel's youngest daughter that had really triggered the man's fury. That was one weakness the East Harlem Crew didn't have holding them back - family and loved ones. Whilst Ethan had expressed a socially acceptable level of sympathy to Gabriel during their meeting, that morning, he was deep down glad Valentina had been dragged into the war as it had propelled things into full action. This was what Ethan had been itching for.

Whilst Steve had been instructed to accompany Tony and Amato on one mission, Ethan had been tasked with leading his own. Ethan's instructions for the evening were clear: to grab Mitch and any valuable documents he could get his hands on. The Irish were being attacked from different angles and he was in his element just thinking about it. Not that it would show on his often cold, emotionless expression as he sat in the passenger seat of a bog-standard car, parked outside the office block that housed Van Gerwen Financial and Criminal Law LLP. Along with Ethan and the driver, Lyle and Jed were seated in the back. All men were armed with concealed weapons and all had waited long enough.

"Typical sad bastard lawyer; spends his life in the office getting hard over paperwork," Lyle grumbled from the back seat.

Ethan looked up to see the lone third-floor window belonging to Mitch's office was still illuminated, with only the ground floor remaining lit up. As far as he was concerned, the building was as empty as it needed to be. "Alright lads. Let's try and get him alive, shall we?" Ethan said as he turned to address the two men in the back. "You will wait out by the entrance until you get the signal."

Ethan climbed out of the vehicle. His attire was smarter than he would usually wear, but his coat still left plenty of space to conceal the weapons he needed. With his backup keeping their distance, Ethan entered the building where he was immediately greeted by the Concierge standing at the building's reception desk. Keeping his weapons hidden and planting on a friendly smile, Ethan nodded once to the man. "Good evening... I'm here to see Mitchell Van Gerwen." Ethan pointed to his broken nose. "I need him to represent me when I take legal action against the guy responsible for this," he explained.

The man at the other side of the desk looked to Ethan before lifting the receiver of the telephone to call through to Mitch. Ethan took a little time to scan the inside of the building, picking out the exits and reading the signage that indicated the different levels of the building. Satisfied he'd seen enough, Ethan looked back to the Concierge who was speaking to Mitch. Without hesitation, Ethan removed the pistol from the inside pocket of his coat and aimed at the other man's forehead, squeezing the trigger to give the man's life a sudden end...

RayPurchase RayPurchase (Mitch) - plz post Marcus/Tony

Elvian Moretti & Teddy
4fa751bfab0be9f4eec6988d34c53876.png

It had been three days since Elvian had been in her own home, watered her plants, and checked on her business. At this present moment, if it wasn't Valentina it didn't matter to her. She had brought in two of the dozens of prayer ropes with her, one for her own hand and the other for her daughter's. Every day she prayed for her healing, to wake up, to just be okay overall. It was hard for her to do so while she was still on the outs with her husband. She knew it wasn't his fault she was hurt, acting out in anger at the destruction done to her daughter. The issue was, she felt too embarrassed to apologize to him. What if he felt betrayed by her? Did he feel like she didn't trust him to take care of their kids? It wasn't how she felt at all, but she did blame some of his shorter comings on himself and his lack of listening to reason. Elvian would never say to give up on the Porters, ever. They killed her family, tortured Teddy, and now Val was in the hospital. They deserved whatever hell her husband was going to give them, but she had wished he took a little more care in what he was doing. Perhaps their daughter would be walking around and not sitting up in a hospital bed.

Seeing her daughter's eyes open and shut repeatedly played with her heartstrings until she opened them for real. Hearing her say her name, calling out for her she quickly reached for her hand. The tears that fell from her eyes were from happiness, her daughter had finally been fully awakened. She muttered a prayer quickly under her breath before stroking Val's hair and smiling at her. "Oh, baby. I'm here okay? I'm right here for you okay?" She muttered words of prayer as she kissed all over her face. When she asked for her father, El's voice caught but was quickly reclaimed when she saw the IV in her veins move. Hurriedly she softly pressed her shoulder so she'd lay down, afraid she would hurt herself even more. "You have to lay still,
inima mea. Let the nurses take care of you." Watching the medical professionals come in to check and take care of her daughter, she was glad they were there. They could and would help her get better faster so long as she didn't fight them. They checked all the essential parts of her, the mother bear watching over her cub very closely. When she told them she was still hurting and in pain, she spoke to the nurse. "She said she's hurting, which means you're giving her painkillers, right?" Teddy, who had slipped into the room with the nurse, held a bag for Elvian with clothes and toiletries. "Vi. Come on, let them work." Elvian turned her head to him, gritting her teeth together before backing off the nurses.

ACS_BTS_MB_1920x1080_1189846083948.jpg
Teddy looked at Val, a soft smile appearing on his lips as he did so. When he found out something had happened to her, his heart felt heavy. Maybe he should have gone with her instead of the stupid auction. He wasn't doing anything there anyway so he could have been more useful guarding her if he needed it. Taking the bag from Teddy, Elvian gave his cheek a kiss and patted his cheek in the process. She thanked him for bringing her a bag and immediately went back to her daughter, hearing her wince again. Teddy moved forward but stopped in his tracks when he saw Val's heart rate spike, the beeps audible on the machine. He turned to look for the source seeing the cops again. He had already told them once before to leave but it was Elvian who was fed up with them. They were annoying her daughter, hindering her recovery, and hearing her daughter ask to make them go away sprung her into action. "What are you, deaf? Nu am spus să plecăm!" She started, heading for the door. "All of you, get out right now. O deranjează pe fiica mea în timp ce încearcă să se recupereze.. Sons of bitches!!" In her own tornado of pure annoyance, she took with her the nurses and doctors and policemen out of the room and slammed the door. The Romanian spewing from her mouth could be heard from the hallway as Teddy couldn't help but chuckle to himself.

Taking a few steps closer to the hospital bed, he looked at Valentina and shook his head. "You know, you are lucky to have such a fiery woman for a mother. I feel bad for them, in a sense." He wanted to ask her how she was doing but figured that would be a bit redundant. Thankfully, she said something that stopped him from saying something very stupid. "I mean, sure. But that's just the same old routine stuff. This? This definitely changes things up a bit." He said, moving to sit in a seat close to her bed.

Marcus Moretti
1596642077841.png

3 days. A lifetime in New York Politics, and what was the seedy criminal underbelly of the Big Apple if just another form of politics. The days had been dominated by Valentina. The worry about the well being of her, the long hours spent trying to track down any sort of lead on the sick fucks who had done this. And then finally the time spent lying in bed thinking of what more could have been done to avoid this. Today had been something of a physical respite, even if an emotional one wasn’t yet forthcoming. Gabe had found Marcus sitting out back, wearing just a t-shirt despite the slight chill, half a bottle of by now flat beer gripped in his hand. Few words had been spoken as Marcus had agreed to accompany him to the hospital. Even fewer were said on the journey there. Marcus eyes remained on the grey exterior of the city as it passed them by, a blur of lights and steel. Conversations between Gabe and his children weren’t exactly forthcoming at the best of times, in a situation like this where the whole family’s mood had dropped, and it was a recipe for heavy silence. Marcus had already noticed his mother’s distance towards his father, it was clear who she blamed for this series of events. And that was something that was weighing on his mind as well. As much as he had been blaming, and still blamed himself, was he truly the one at fault here? It was the long pause that followed the engine being turned off that finally snapped him out of his mental odyssey.

He met Gabe’s eyes. The colour of his own mirrored before him, his father’s eyes. God this felt uncomfortable. Unnatural even. Gabe wasn’t big on heart to hearts. Never had been. This felt like whole new and untested territory. Marcus let out a snort of laughter. It didn’t look sincere, it didn’t sound it either.

“First time for everything, using a bit of brain power first,” The humour was little more than a poor attempt at avoidance. He knew it was useless however. The time had come to remove the weight. His father was right in that regard. Marcus’ mouth was painfully dry however as the question struggled to form. His tongue feeling almost drunk and useless, unable to form the required syllables. Finally Marcus near enough spat it out.

“Is it all worth it….? I mean, we could have lost Valentina, on top of everything else, Uncle Francesco, Cousins Paulo and Alvino, and how many others?” Marcus pushed his hand through his hair. “This isn’t me backing out. I want those fucks who did this to Valentina strung up by their goddamn necks, she’s had enough shit, and I should have fucking been there protecting her, I’m her fucking BROTHER!”

The Italian blood was coming dangerously close to the fore now, hot and simmering close to the surface, his face becoming red and flushed. It took a few moments to force it below the surface. His voice low once more. “I should have been there. But either way there aren’t a lot of us left Pappy. Maybe it’s time to go back, in Miami we were kings. Here…. We might not leave here alive. So tell me. Is it all worth it, cause I'm finding it harder and harder to try and tell myself in the mirror each morning that it is,"

(Interaction: Gabe Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back