• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

minigunmax

Curious Conscious Creature
TLDR Intro: A police detective in the far future inadvertently becomes involved in the biggest narcotics conspiracy on the now nearly-empty planet earth, working with a criminal to help stop millions of possible deaths.

what I expect: I'm hoping to find a partner whos capable of sharing thoughts and ideas with me for the rp first and foremost... Talk, share, discuss, argue, recommend, anything! just don't come into the rp with a fixed mindset and a bad attitude, please.

Vega City Law Enforcement Data systems

Unauthorized use of this system is against the law

Security Privileges Required

USER:xxxxx
PASS:********

Good morning Detective!
You have one (1) new Email

Open Email

Subject: Weekend case transfer
12/07/2176 - 08:02 AM
Hey xxxxx, Thanks for attending Mike's leave party on Friday, everyone had a great time. Old boy’s finally getting a lift off from this dusty dump, here's to everyone else in the department getting a ticket out of here.
I’m heading out of the district for a job somewhere up in paradise gardens, hear there's gonna be a big payoff. I left the file to my case on your desk, he brought himself in earlier today so it should be an easy job. In case he gets hesitant, don't be afraid to get rough (department security systems are down this morning, go wild.)
I left his rap sheet in my desk so I'm attaching what we have on file to this email.
Shawl,Michael.PDF
Get busy,
Dave.

Open Shawl,Michael.PDF

VCPD case no: 2176-549368
Name(Last, First, Middle): Shawl, Michael, Covey.
Known Alias: Mikey, Mr. Wolf, Mr. Blue, Blue, B-B.
Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY): 14/10/2148
Appearance:
Race: White
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Canadian
Height: 6ft 2
Weight 180lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Glasses: Y:_ N: X
Physical features: Scar under right eye (laceration), Scars on back (Gunshot wounds (7) + lacerations). Tattoo on back (Minetti Syndicate tattoo - Purple Poppys Club), Scars on chest and abdomen (Burns + gunshot wounds (4) + lacerations), Scars on right arm (Burns + lacerations). Scars on right leg (Burns + lacerations), Scars on left leg (Burns + lacerations)
Body Augments: Spyder Industries TX4000 Multi-Purpose Mechanical arm (Left arm). Weyland Body Augments Type 2 Model 5 Respiratory filter (Neck, Left)
Place of birth: Tofino BC, Canada
Local Address: Not available
Phone number: Not available
Citizenship: Canada, United States.
Drivers license number + state: X2038533 CA (Expired)
Issued warrants: Y: X N:_
Charges: Multiple 1st Degree Assault + Battery. Multiple Arson. Criminal conspiracy. Multiple Mass Drug Manufacturing. Multiple Mass Drug Trafficking + Distribution. Extortion. Multiple Grand Larceny. Identity Theft. Kidnapping. Multiple 1st Degree Murder. Racketeering. Robbery. Tax evasion. Unlawful use of a firearm.
Bail: Denied
Time of Arrest (DD/MM/YYYY): 12/07/2176 at 0746
Arresting officer: Andrew Tollepa
Description:
Michael Shawl entered the police station and approached the front desk, informing receptionist Denise Marlton his intent to turn himself in to Vega City Law Enforcement. Officer Tollepa then entered the room and promptly arrested Mr. Shawl with no issues, and placed him in holding. Michael Shawl is involved with the Minetti Crime syndicate and holds a key role in the narcotics industry in Vega City.

>_

The year is 2176, the world has been turned into a smog filled wasteland with over 99% of its inhabitants, human and non human, transported to Mars where a sustainable colony has formed. Water and life now spreads through mars once red sands and dirt, turning the planet into a new earth, with the original, blue marble planet, tarnished into a grey, orange and black dust ball. A combination of manmade, and natural events had soured the earths atmosphere into a toxic fume that stretched over the skies into a light brown haze. What remains of earths inhabitants, criminals and the impoverished, were elected by mars colonists to stay on earth, not seeing any value in bringing those who cannot benefit their new world.

With expensive body augmentations and cybernetics required to live a "long" life on earth, and corrupt corporations and governments who seek to keep these technologies and medicines away from soon-to-be-dead customers, a solution was created. Reddie, or redd, a narcotic that neutralized toxic chemicals in the bloodstream, and cleared respiratory systems when snorted or inhaled, became the most commonly found substance in the world, with over 98% of earths inhabitants becoming regular users. It was cheap to produce, easy to market, and even easier to use. The simplicity of the drug, its necessity, and its red, powdery appearance coined its name, "Reddie to make, reddie to sell, reddie to use". With an overwhelming criminal convict population, and rampant use of reddie, law enforcement quickly began turning a blind eye on street crime. Corruption skyrocketed, and as humans began to leave earth, corporations sought to sell what they could not afford to ship to mars.

These are the last days of life and society on earth.

You play as a law enforcement agent at the Vega City Law Enforcement headquarters, A police department in one of the last few mega cities on earth. When one of the most notorious drug manufacturers, Mike Shawl, turns himself in to your department. With a case as big as this, anyone involved in the capture or arrest of Mike would certainly be given a big bonus at the end of the year, probably enough for a one way ticket to mars... Though, why would he turn himself in? and what's with all those black vans parked outside the building?

If you're interested or wanna talk and exchange ideas on this idea please let me know!
if you're not interested, though notice anything that can be adjusted, fixed changed or replaced, please leave a comment on my thread regarding how i can improve this rp. thank you!

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/need-help-with-a-cyperpunk-future-dystopian-roleplay.510132/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back