• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Doki Doki Vol. 1

Time for another tie-breaker!
Odds; Pick a seat.
Evens; Meet classmates.

Choice: Pick a seat.
Choice: Pick a seat.

You bow politely to your math teacher before shuffling a bit to the side to get out of the way of the other students. You look at the seats available and pick one a bit closer to the door. You put down your things on the desk to claim it before glancing at the analog clock hung above the dry-erase board at the front of the classroom. You still had a few minutes left before the next bell would ring to begin class.

Looking at the other students you try to spot anyone familiar; such a Hana from History. Unfortunately she didn't share this class. You let out a small sigh as you had been hoping to share more than a single class with someone so you could make friends. Just before you sit down, you're approached by another student.

cf4fb836cf51fb7dfc742b4aab69366e.jpg
"H-Hello," a shy voice greets you.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you?" the girl asks, her hand still holding her bookbag.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Don't let her sit next to you.
[div class=buttons]
Let her sit next to you.
[div class=buttons]
Blurt out an introduction.[/div][div class=buttons]
Stare at her in stunned silence.[/div][/div]

[div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ban[/fa] Don't let her sit next to you.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentTwo" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-check[/fa] Let her sit next to you.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentThree" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting-o[/fa] Blurt out an introduction.
[/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFour" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ellipsis-h[/fa] Stare at her in stunned silence.
[/div]
no slide
no slide
[/div]
(This is the introductory phase to any love interests. Things will pick up~ You only have one more student to meet.)
[/div]

[class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7062a5; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class] [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Don't let her sit next to you.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Let her sit next to you.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Blurt out an introduction.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Stare at her in stunned silence.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class name=accord] font-family:'Titillium Web'; text-align:center; background:#fff; font-size:20px; visibility: visible; color:#000; font-variant:none; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class name=accord state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7062a5!important; color:#fff; [/class]

Let her sit next to you. Though I don’t see why we can’t say “S-sure, I’m Honami Makoto by the way.” Or something like that.

Let her sit next to you.

And introduce myself, as wdinatx says.

Blurt out an introduction.

I think this should give her the cue to sit anyway. Plus some of us wanted to make friends, so might as well introduce ourselves while we're at it

Let her sit next to you.

From the direction of the interactions and proposed interactions so far, it looks like our POV character might be shaping up to be someone who gets embarrassed easily, so just to shake things up I propose we jokingly make for "Don't let her sit next to you" and throw a curveball at the last minute.

Let her sit next to you, and throw our name out there in a friendly manner while we're at it as Kaerri and wdinatx suggested. Though, hosaki also definitely has a point there :P

Choice: Let her sit next to you.
Choice: Let her sit next to you.

"Oh, of course, go ahead," you reply to the girl. The girl takes her things and puts them on the desk directly to the side of you and lets out a small sigh of what seemed to be relief. Perhaps you aren't the only anxious one here then. You sit there silently - awkwardly - for a moment, fidgeting before you finally introduce yourself. "I'm Honami Makoto."

The girl looks at you and tilts her head slightly to the side. "Honami...san," she says slowly as though trying out your name. "I'm Kanada Akane, thank you for letting me sit next to you." That name seemed familiar for some reason, but you couldn't quite place it. Then it struck you. "Kanada Akane, the daughter of the pop idol Kanada Yui?!" Akane blushes and gives you a small nod.

What will you do?

[div class=buttons]
Ask about her mother.
[div class=buttons]
Get to know her.
[div class=buttons]
Ask for her mother's autograph.[/div][div class=buttons]
Stare at her in stunned silence.[/div][div class=buttons]
Compliment her.[/div][/div]

[div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting[/fa] Ask about her mother.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting-o[/fa] Get to know her.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-pencil[/fa] Ask for her mother's autograph.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ellipsis-h[/fa] Stare at her in stunned silence.
[/div][div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentFive" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] ][fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Compliment her.
[/div]
no slide
no slide
[/div]
[class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7062a5; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class] [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask about her mother.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Get to know her.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ask for her mother's autograph.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Stare at her in stunned silence.") (show ChoiceContentFour) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Compliment her.") (show ChoiceContentFive) [/script] [class name=accord] font-family:'Titillium Web'; text-align:center; background:#fff; font-size:20px; visibility: visible; color:#000; font-variant:none; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class name=accord state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7062a5!important; color:#fff; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
Get to know.

I bet people ask about her mother all the time and she'd like someone asking about her for a change. I can always ask about her mom later!

Get to know her.

I second that motion. Autographs and compliments are probably overdone and likely to cost points. Same with asking about her mother.

Get to know her.

We'll not talk too much about her mom, of course, as other people have already said. I doubt she appreciates people who gush over her for her celebrity status. Besides, she looks like she needs friends just as much as we do.

Choice: Get to know.
Choice: Get to know.

You wonder how often Akane gets asked about her mother and other things, but your curiosity was more about Akane herself than her mother. "What class do you have after this one?" Perhaps she shared more than one class with you. "Ah, I have Music after this," she replies. "I have Art next," you say with a small sigh, but quickly perk up. "So, music? Do you sing or play an instrument?"

"I play piano. I tried singing once, in choir, and I was told my voice was too soft," Akane answers, turning to face you more fully and showing more direct attention.

"I wish I could play something like the piano. I can play the kazoo at best," you joke. This causes Akane to laugh softly, Your conversation is cut short as the bell chimes and Ms. Kameda announces to everyone to quiet down and pay attention.

What will you do?
[div class=buttons]
Pay attention to the lesson.
[div class=buttons]
Daydream.
[div class=buttons]
Pass Akane a note.[/div][div class=buttons]
Play a game on your phone.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-eye[/fa] Pay attention to the lesson.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-cloud[/fa] Daydream.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-envelope[/fa] Pass Akane a note.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-gamepad[/fa] Play a game on your phone.
[/div]
no slide
no slide
[/div]
[class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7062a5; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class] [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Pay attention to the lesson.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Daydream.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Pass Akane a note.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Play a game on your phone.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class name=accord] font-family:'Titillium Web'; text-align:center; background:#fff; font-size:20px; visibility: visible; color:#000; font-variant:none; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class name=accord state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#7062a5!important; color:#fff; [/class] [/div]

Choice: Pay attention to the lesson. - Achievement Unlocked: Meet the Cast
Choice: Pay attention to the lesson.

You focus on the lesson intently, taking notes and answering questions when you are called on. Before you know it the bell chimes and it's time for your next class; Art. It was your preferred elective as truthfully, you really weren't musically inclined. That was a shame though since it meant you wouldn't be able to share another class with Akane. Speaking of Akane, she was currently speaking to the teacher. Instead of interrupting them and not knowing exactly where your next class was, you decide to chat with her the next time you see her.

c19c4e19b3e8e49c47c0144918d813b4.jpg
Your next class is a long walk across the large building and on the third floor. You actually had to rush to make it in time because you had gotten some bad directions from what was probably another new student who had swore they knew where they were going. So you race into the open classroom door and bump directly into another student.

"Oi! Watch it," the guy exclaims as he shoots you a look. "I get that I'm attractive, but assaulting me doesn't help your case."

What will you do?
[div class=buttons]
Tell him off.
[div class=buttons]
Apologize.
[div class=buttons]
Blush and say nothing.[/div][div class=buttons]
Ignore him and take a seat.[/div][/div] [div class="ChoiceContent ChoiceContentOne" style="display: none;"]
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-ban[/fa] Tell him off.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-commenting[/fa] Apologize.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-heart[/fa] Blush and say nothing.
[fa]fa-chevron-right[/fa] [fa]fa-asterisk[/fa] Ignore him and take a seat.
[/div]
no slide
no slide
[/div]
[div class=achievement][div class=unlock][/div][div class=text][div class=text1]Achievement Unlocked
Meet the Cast[/div][/div][/div]
[class=buttons] display:inline-block; width:295px; margin:5px; padding:10px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-size:18px; [/class] [class name=buttons state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#133492; color:#fff; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; font-weight:bold; cursor: pointer; [/class] [script class=buttons on=click] hide ChoiceContent set currentChoice (getText) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Tell him off.") (show ChoiceContentOne) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Apologize.") (show ChoiceContentTwo) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Blush and say nothing.") (show ChoiceContentThree) if (eq ${currentChoice} "Ignore him and take a seat.") (show ChoiceContentFour) [/script] [class name=accord] font-family:'Titillium Web'; text-align:center; background:#fff; font-size:20px; visibility: visible; color:#000; font-variant:none; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class name=accord state=hover] transition: all 1.0s ease; background-color:#133492!important; color:#fff; [/class]
[class=achievement] display: flex; width:400px; margin:auto; margin-bottom:5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 4px 0 #ccc; background:#fff; color:#000; border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -moz-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; -webkit-border-radius: 150px 150px 150px 150px; transition: all 1.0s ease; font-family: 'Titillium Web'; [/class] [class name=achievement state=hover] background-color:#5d5add; color:#fff; transition: all 1.0s ease; [/class] [class=unlock] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:50%; background-color:#ccc; font-size:50px; [/class] [class=text] display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: center; width:250px; padding:10px; box-size:border-box; [/class] [class=text1] text-align:center; [/class] [/div]

Tell him off. I would have said apologize if he wasn’t so rude about it. What does being attractive have to do with anything!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back