• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
I see. Are there any limits to how often she can perform spells? Does she get tired after a certain amount/strength?

Transformations and gliders will be allowed

Just a quick question before I (finally) make my character: in this interpretation of the KH universe, are elemental light and darkness inherently tied to good and evil? If so, would they be tied to the intention (what the person channeling light/darkness wants to do) or the motivation (why they want to do it)? If not, are there any other prerequisites or implications for channeling one or the other?

Also Ian Temero Ian Temero , you mentioned in Eve's skills that she is is proficient in "advanced driving/piloting" and is a "decent mechanic". I was wondering how much of you character's identity hinges on those skills. In other words, I was considering making my character heavily focus on the use of vehicles, probably coming from the world of either Motorcity or TRON, but I don't want to steal your thunder if that is part of your character's thing. Please do not hesitate to tell me if this is the case, as I do have other ideas that I might end up going with regardless.

They would be tied loosely to good and evil. Overall, it would be tied to their motivation. As an example there is Elsdon, he wanted to protect his brother and believed the darkness was the only way to do it. However, we saw how well that went when it came to my starter. Take as much time as you need to create your character. There is no rush and the holidays are quickly approaching.

I see. Are there any limits to how often she can perform spells? Does she get tired after a certain amount/strength?

Transformations and gliders will be allowed
She will have stamina/mana, though it will-and-should be higher than just about anyone else's. Exactly how much she has/ exactly how long it takes her to mana to deplete? I don't know. I don't really have anything to compare it to. I'll probably base it off the people around her. For example, if she's in a fight with a team of three, a Warrior, a Guardian, and her as the Mystic, and both her allies are exhausted from fighting, then assuming she's been fighting just as hard with her magic then she'll be equally as drained. Otherwise I don't really have a good scale to base it on. :/:

Obviously they- I mean Eve (Shouldn't talk for anyone else) won't be using these at first, but I am looking forward to planning out what her transformed weapon will be. Obviously something mystical like a staff or a crystal ball... 🤔
Just a quick question before I (finally) make my character: in this interpretation of the KH universe, are elemental light and darkness inherently tied to good and evil? If so, would they be tied to the intention (what the person channeling light/darkness wants to do) or the motivation (why they want to do it)? If not, are there any other prerequisites or implications for channeling one or the other?

Also Ian Temero Ian Temero , you mentioned in Eve's skills that she is is proficient in "advanced driving/piloting" and is a "decent mechanic". I was wondering how much of you character's identity hinges on those skills. In other words, I was considering making my character heavily focus on the use of vehicles, probably coming from the world of either Motorcity or TRON, but I don't want to steal your thunder if that is part of your character's thing. Please do not hesitate to tell me if this is the case, as I do have other ideas that I might end up going with regardless.
The only reason Eve has those skills is because she was a racer in her free time, though she won't be heavily focused on them. So feel free to give your guy the skills you want, though the two of them may need to race at some point. ^;3^

They would be tied loosely to good and evil. Overall, it would be tied to their motivation. As an example there is Elsdon, he wanted to protect his brother and believed the darkness was the only way to do it. However, we saw how well that went when it came to my starter. Take as much time as you need to create your character. There is no rush and the holidays are quickly approaching.
It works a lot like the Force in Star Wars. You can wield the power of darkness without being a bad person (like Riku in KH2) but you're still drawing from a literally dark and dangerous force. The more you rely on the darkness the more likely you are to fall under its influence and become an evil monster. Like a fire; get too close and you will get burned.

However on the flip side of the coin, wielding the powers of light doesn't necessarily make you "the good guy" either. Like in Birth By Sleep how Master Eraqus became obsessed with the purity of light and tried to kill Ventus when he realized he was a part of Xehanort's plans. Terrible things can be done by those who believe that they are "righteous".

It works a lot like the Force in Star Wars. You can wield the power of darkness without being a bad person (like Riku in KH2) but you're still drawing from a literally dark and dangerous force. The more you rely on the darkness the more likely you are to fall under its influence and become an evil monster. Like a fire; get too close and you will get burned.

However on the flip side of the coin, wielding the powers of light doesn't necessarily make you "the good guy" either. Like in Birth By Sleep how Master Eraqus became obsessed with the purity of light and tried to kill Ventus when he realized he was a part of Xehanort's plans. Terrible things can be done by those who believe that they are "righteous".

I just wanted to make sure those arguments would hold up for backstory purposes and it wasn't a case of "Riku's light overpowered the dark" or "Eraqus wasn't aware of the darkness in his own heart." KH leaves a lot for interpretation and contradicts itself on occasion, so I just wanted to have the facts straight for our purposes.

Ian Temero Ian Temero Understood. I’ll get her in as soon as I can.

Kingdom Hearts does leave a lot up to interpretation and I agree that someone can ally themselves with the dark but not be an entirely terrible person. Anyone can be horrible whether they ally themselves with light or dark. Something you all may learn as the roleplay progresses. I agree with what Ian has said about it being like the force. Definitely explained it better than I ever could haha

Dawn Litchenberg
Black wings1.jpgDawn Litchenberg

Species: Human
Height: 5"4'
Weight: 121 lbs

Appearance: Dawn's time in the Realm of Darkness and her connection to its power has dyed her eyes a glowing amber-yellow. As she delves further into the darkness her body will show more signs of corruption as her skin darkens and her hair turns white. However, if she goes down the path of light and unlocks her Powers of Light then her eyes will return to their original storm-blue.

Desired Role: Currently Undecided
Alignment: Neutral (Subject to change)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Home World: The World That Never Was

Description: The World That Never Was is an abyssal world with a perpetually night-time atmosphere. Among the ground, several buildings rise to form the Dark City, giving the world an urban setting and lighting, though a large area of the city was left inhospitable after Sora and Riku's fight with Xemnas. Overhead the Dark City are the remains of Castle that Never Was, where Organization XIII once operated. Intelligent Nobodies tending to find themselves drawn to this world for whatever reason and normal people actually live here too, though they tend to be a reclusive and distrustful bunch, spending as little time on the streets as possible and trusting only the safety of their homes and the people they are close to. Visitors to the world should consider themselves lucky to even catch a glimpse of any of the residents as they avoid strangers like the plague.

Common Powers: None

Effect on Heartless/Nobodies/Other Enemies: The World That Never Was is very close to the darkness, allowing Heartless and Nobodies to flourish here.

Keyblades: Two Become One, (It was the only one I could think of. If you know of any others let me know and I'll add them.)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Personality:
Dawn is a quiet and shy young lady. She's not really sure how to interact with other people so she tends to sit in the back and let others do the talking. When it's time to fight however she becomes very aggressive, like a cornered animal. Her fighting style emulates a Neo-Shadow, being fast and unpredictable.

History:
Even before the Heartless invasion and Organization XII, The World That Never Was was always a little too close to the darkness. It wasn't uncommon for people to simply vanish in the night. Most people assumed it was kidnappings or just folks running away from the depressing city and Dawn shared in that opinion, until she ducked into an alley one night for a shortcut home and stepped into a dark and twisted world. She had found herself trapped inside the Realm of Darkness. Being hunted relentlessly by the Heartless, Dawn found the remains of an ancient Keyblade Warrior and in order to defend herself took their Keyblade. However, being unable to feel the power of light in that realm, Dawn began learning to control the power of darkness instead. She spent... let's just say a very, very long time wandering the dark lanes before finally stumbling upon an exit and returning to the worlds of light...

Skills:
- Extremely fast and agile
- Excels in melee combat
- Savage and unpredictable attacks
- Extensive firsthand experience fighting heartless

Powers:
Dawn has the potential for two separate sets of power depending on how close to the Light or the Darkness she is. Currently she only knows how to wield the Powers of Darkness and the further she falls into the darkness the stronger these powers will grow. However, should Dawn begin to walk down the path of light her Powers of Darkness will begin to weaken and eventually vanish as her Powers of Light awaken and grow stronger.

• Dark Magic
    Much like anyone who uses the darkness, Dawn can use the power of darkness to imbue her attacks and defenses with dark energy, boost her strength and speed, launch blast of dark energy at her enemies, and open dark corridors between worlds. Her senses have been enhanced to almost animalistic levels, giving her the ability to see in the dark, track people by smell, and hear things most couldn't. And she has gained a small amount of control over the heartless themselves, though as of now it is limited to Shadows, Neo-Shadows, and Anti-Heartless. Rather un-heartless like however, these heartless will follow her orders even if there is someone stronger present.

Shadow Manipulation
    Along with drawing power from darkness Dawn also has power to give the darkness physical form. Able to control the shape and form of the shadows around her Dawn can sink into them like water to travel unseen, launch spikes from her opponent's own shadows, or create weapons from her own.

Guardian Heartless: Dawn's Shadow
    kairi___anti_form_by_mell0w_m1nded-d26pcru.jpg
    Living in Dawn's shadow and following her orders, this Anti-Dawn is the physical manifestation of the darkness in Dawn's heart; an incomplete Heartless that has taken form and yet somehow is still bound to its body. How exactly this union came to be is unclear. Could it have been the result of the anti-heartless trying to merge with her shadow and getting stuck? Maybe Dawn was supposed to have become a heartless a long time ago, but the keyblade in her hand interrupted the transformation, leaving her only half turned? Or perhaps it could simply be chalked up to being one of the many oddities that can occur within the Realm of Darkness?

And as if having your own heartless bound to you wasn't unusual enough Dawn's Shadow is also intelligent and self-aware, capable of thinking for itself, strategizing, and even speech (though only with Dawn at first). Understandably such an existence is not happy with being bound to Dawn and desires to be free, but finds itself unable to attack its own host. So instead it whispers in her ear, encouraging her to taint her heart in darkness so that it may grow stronger and eventually break free. It is able to feed on hearts just like any other heartless but is also able to feed on other heartless as well. Doing so allows it to increase its own strength without relying on Dawn's connection to the darkness, though it is usually a slower process depending on the strength of the heart/heartless devoured.

Dawn's Shadow possess the same Powers of Darkness and skills as Dawn, a dark copy that rises up out of her shadow to fight by her side. One thing they need to be careful of though is that, since they share the same heart, any damage one takes the other takes as well. Should push come to shove the Shadow can temporarily merge with Dawn, allowing her to enter an Anti-Form like state and increase her power several fold, though at the price of reducing her ability to think and act rationally.

Keyblade: Fallen Angel
A lightweight weapon with good reach. The shaft appears to be an actual sword, long, thin, and sharp, with black feathered wings wrapping their way up one edge and fanning out just before the tip for the key's teeth, falling back slightly towards the handle. This leaves one side of the weapon sharp as a blade and the other serrated, with a sickle like hook at the end

Since Dawn took the weapon from the remains of a fallen warrior rather than earning it herself and has yet use the power of light, Fallen Angel has not accepted her as its wielder and is little more than just another weapon in her hands. She can neither summon it to her side, open or close locks, nor use any other abilities associated with a Keyblade other than slaying heartless. As she grows closer to the light Fallen Angel will begin to accept her and give her access to its powers.

Relationships:

Other:

Last edited:
Alrighty. Take your time. Although I can tell you that The World That Never Was already has an entry although a world sheet was never filled out for it.

I’ll take a look then let you know if I can add her in! I apologize in advance if it takes me a while.

Oh man. That’s a tough decision. Hm... How about... MHA? Im not sure which to be honest.

Unfortunately, you will need to make up your mind about the role before I can put Dawn in. I would also like to know about the limitations of her powers. Other than that, everything looks fine.

Just a heads up that I will be going out of town and will be unable to reply until I return. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, you will need to make up your mind about the role before I can put Dawn in.
Oh right, neutral was an option wasn't it.

I would also like to know about the limitations of her powers. Other than that, everything looks fine.
Again, the biggest problem is I don't really have much to compare her too, so I'll be basing her limits a lot on the other characters once I see them in action. There are however some actual details that I forgot to put in that probably count as limits, and I'll be sure to add these in...

Darkness Magic: See above

Shadow Manipulation: Dawn has to be in direct contact with a shadow to manipulate it. At first she has to be physically touching it, but as she gets stronger she'll progress to indirect contact (e.g. her shadow in contact with the shadow she's manipulating) to only needing to be in proximity with the shadow.

Guardian Heartless: I think I've already stated it's big limit, the shared damage, but it also can't travel to far from her. At first it's about 10 ft, but as the both of them get stronger the greater the distance becomes. They can also increase this distance by using a shadow, as long as they are both touching it.

Last edited:
Sorry for vanishing for over a week. I've been having some... personal issues, on top of being busy. I'll try to get something up today, but I've got a few other games I've got to catch up on, so no promises...

Anyways, what'd I miss? (Both in game and out?)

Ian Temero Ian Temero You are perfectly fine. I’ll get her placed in the allies & enemies section. As far as I know, nothing much has happened. I’ve been out of town so I missed quite a bit. Take your time. I’m in no hurry unless someone else is. I have yet to reply to anything that has been posted there.

I will be finally posting a reply tomorrow morning. Thank you to those who have been patient and I apologize for keeping you waiting. Those that do not have a character in yet, please feel free to take as much time as you need. There is currently no cut off for new character acceptance. You will be able to jump in once your character is in and added to the roster.

Hello everyone! I’ll get something posted today! Sorry for the wait. Things just snuck up on me and kept me busy until now. Sorry for the wait as well >~<

dragonsFall dragonsFall If I wanted to make an enemy of the state should I bring my idea up with you first so we can synergize a plan or should I just post ‘em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back