• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here

dragonsFall

Falling Dragon
Warning! This roleplay may contain spoilers for the Kingdom Hearts series! Proceed with caution!

Welcome to the OOC thread for Destinies Intertwined! Here you may chat to your heart's content and ask any questions that you may have. You may also post your completed character sheets for approval. Once approved, your character or world will be added. You will be informed of this or of any changes that need to be made before they can be accepted. Please enjoy your stay <3

Nearly 100 years ago, a boy named Sora and his friends managed to defeat the darkness and drive it from the worlds. This brought about an era of peace and reconstruction for the worlds, allowing people to return home and continue the lives that were interrupted. Many hoped that this would last forever but one cannot have light without darkness. All it took was one soul to see an opportunity and take it for the darkness to begin its spread once more. This individual formed a group that believed that darkness was the only way to unite the worlds once more. Another individual saw what was happening and united those that didn't want the darkness to spread once more. They were locked in a seemingly endless stalemate when one member of the group brought a prophecy to light. A prophecy that spoke of thirteen souls, each carrying a little spark of the light that would help drive back the darkness. They didn't know where they were coming from so they did their best to hold out and wait for the people that would rise. That time is rapidly approaching. Will they succeed in their destinies or will they all fall before it can even truly begin?

-Please follow all Rp Nation rules
-Treat each other with kindness and respect
-If an issue arises, please feel free to come to me about it and I will do my best to resolve it
-Everyone may be busy at varying times so please be patient when it comes to replies
-Keep any OOC chatter to the OOC thread unless it is absolutely important
-Character & world sheets must be posted in the OOC Thread
-Feel free to ask any questions if you have them
-Romance is allowed but it likely will not be the focus
-You may add any information you deem necessary to the character sheet
-You must specify a role in your character sheet
-Characters should be 15 years old or older
-As long as the species matches the world of origin then it can be used I.E. A Vampire in Halloweentown
-A world of origin must be listed
-Skills as unlimited and refer to what a character may be good at
-Powers are maxed at three
-You will be asked to change any powers that can be seen as overpowered and lacking in weaknesses
-You do not have to be a keyblade wielder. It is entirely up to you
-Feel free to leave Relationships open
-World & character sheets must be completed before being accepted
-A world does not have to have any keyblades that are specific to it
-Rules will be added as necessary

-Desired Role
-Dark, Light or Neutral?
-Name
-Alternate Names
-Age [15+, Preferably]
-Species [Human? Nobody? Something Else?]
-World Of Origin [Canon/User Submitted]
-Skills
-Powers [Max of Three, Can Relate To World. Include Strengths & Weaknesses]
-Keyblade [No Canon Keyblades, Can Be From World. Include description]
-Notable Relationships
-Other Information

-Name
-Description [Residents + World Appearance]
-Common Powers
-Lost to the Darkness?
-Effect On Heartless/Nobodies/Any Other Enemies
-Keyblade Names [If Any]

6/13 Roles Taken

Unlimted

Last edited:
Elsdon + Arthur Kisker
-Desired Role - Thirteen Chosen

-Dark, Light or Neutral? - Light

-Name - Arthur Kisker

-Alternate Names - Art, Artie

-Age - 18

-Gender - Male

-Species - Human

-World Of Origin - Patchwork

-Skills - Sewing, playing the flute, task completion, ranged combat, some puzzles

-Powers - Thread Manipulation - Arthur has the ability to control thread. However he can only use existing sources. He can mainly use them to bind but the enemy is likely to escape from them. Arthur can only control two threads at one time.

-Keyblade - Stitched Together - It appears to have been hand stitched. Most of the fabric seems to come from different sources. Three squares are stitched at the top to make it seem more like a key. The middle square is shorter than the other two. Just below the key section on the backside is a needle that has string connecting to the handle. The charm is a spool of thread with a needle.

-Notable Relationships - Elsdon Kisker [Twin brother, unknown status]

-Other Information - N/A
——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•—
-Desired Role - Enemy

-Dark, Light or Neutral? - Dark

-Name - Elsdon Kisker

-Alternate Names - N/A

-Age - 18

-Gender - Male

-Species - Human

-World Of Origin - Patchwork

-Skills - Sewing, close range combat, information gathering, gummi ship piloting

-Powers - N/A

-Keyblade - Falling Apart At The Seams - It appears to have been hand stitched. Most of the fabric seems to come from different sources. All fabric is well worn and tears in it reveal stuffing. Three squares are stitched at the top to make it seem more like a key. The middle square is shorter than the other two and town. Just below the key section on the backside is a needle with a loose piece of string. The charm is an empty spool

-Notable Relationships - Arthur Kisker [Twin brother, status unknown], Proxius Onyx [Mentor, Alive]

-Other Information - A member of Holders Of The Dark Hearts

Patchwork
-Name - Patchwork

-Description - Patchwork is a world held together by what appears to be string. Between each fragment of the world is what is considered to be an abyss. The strings are often used as a bridge to get to another fragment if one is not afraid of heights. It is named for the way it seems to be held together by string and scraps of fabric. Many of the residents look like they have made their own clothing and patched it up whenever it tore.

-Common Powers - Thread manipulation, stuffed item manipulation, fabric manipulation

-Lost to the Darkness? - Yes

-Effect On Heartless/Nobodies/Any Other Enemies - Any enemies appearing here will take on a stuffed or patched appearance

-Keyblade Names - Stitched Together, Falling Apart At The Seams, Memory Quilt, Stuffed Friend & Beloved Teddy

Found it!
As mentioned, I have some questions. First and foremost, what format is the IC going to take? Example:

Roland walked into the store.
vs.
*walks into store*

Found it!
As mentioned, I have some questions. First and foremost, what format is the IC going to take? Example:

Roland walked into the store.
vs.
*walks into store*

Understandable. I will do my best to answer them. The first format example is what the IC is going to take.

Excellent, had to make sure. I was wondering how you intend to handle certain lore elements. The world sheet mentions heartless and nobodies, but I was under the impression that the former were the direct creation of Ansem/Xehanort while the latter were a byproduct. Is this something we would have to discover in character, or is it known how they returned? Also, based on the description of the new conflict, it would seem as though the "World Order" has broken down. Is this the case, or are the worlds still largely ignorant of each other?

Excellent, had to make sure. I was wondering how you intend to handle certain lore elements. The world sheet mentions heartless and nobodies, but I was under the impression that the former were the direct creation of Ansem/Xehanort while the latter were a byproduct. Is this something we would have to discover in character, or is it known how they returned? Also, based on the description of the new conflict, it would seem as though the "World Order" has broken down. Is this the case, or are the worlds still largely ignorant of each other?

I wasn't quite sure how they were formed myself even after I went searching for the needed information. It is something that will have to be discovered in character but if they are created by Ansem/Xehanort, it can be assumed that someone found his notes and started to experiment which led to the current issues. World Order has indeed broken down. For the most part anyway. There are still some worlds that lack the knowledge of other worlds or chooses not to contact outside worlds. I will use Patchwork as an example. They have legends of worlds beyond their own but they have not confirmed the legends as fact or fiction. If that makes sense at all.

So World Order will boil down to whether or not a world has had the opportunity to know of other or not, makes sense to me. The only other question I have for right now would be are gummi ships the only means of extra-worldly travel, or would other canon friendly sources be able to accomplish this should we encounter them? For example, solar sailors from Treasure Planet or the doors from Monster's Inc. (KH3 directly mentioned that the doors lead to other worlds). Might not end up being relevant, but I am curious.

So World Order will boil down to whether or not a world has had the opportunity to know of other or not, makes sense to me. The only other question I have for right now would be are gummi ships the only means of extra-worldly travel, or would other canon friendly sources be able to accomplish this should we encounter them? For example, solar sailors from Treasure Planet or the doors from Monster's Inc. (KH3 directly mentioned that the doors lead to other worlds). Might not end up being relevant, but I am curious.

I'm glad it does. Other canon friendly sources would be able to accomplish traveling between worlds which will help if no one has access to a Gummi ship or it is damaged beyond repair so it could become relevant

I'm tempted to make any one (or multiple) of many spidersonas, but I feel like that would take a while to explain. I also doubt I could easily make it a world, what with the superpowered individuals not being as common as they seem.

I'm tempted to make any one (or multiple) of many spidersonas, but I feel like that would take a while to explain. I also doubt I could easily make it a world, what with the superpowered individuals not being as common as they seem.

That would actually be really cool. It might be difficult to make it into a world. I can imagine it as a city type landscape with a comic book feel to it though. Similar to how the movie was animated. It can be a world where superpowers are common or given to a certain few.

That would actually be really cool. It might be difficult to make it into a world. I can imagine it as a city type landscape with a comic book feel to it though. Similar to how the movie was animated. It can be a world where superpowers are common or given to a certain few.
Oh, I have a severe amount of world-building already written for this. (Err, in my head.)

There's a ton of spider-bitten individuals due to the Swarm- a pod from the future. It released a swarm of spiders all "coded" to locate and bite (or wait to bite) certain individuals, with their abilities all under control. This event is referred to as the Swarming.
The Swarm itself also contained the outfits and gadgets (or prototypes) of all the superpowered individuals who are to exist. One of the bitten, an individual better known as Ladybird, was the one who came upon the Swarm. Finding within it a holographic video describing the device and its purpose- along with all the known information on important individuals- they "mailed" the outfits n gadgets to their respective owners. (Or kept them for safekeeping in the case of those who were meant to surface at a later date.)

And uh, yeah. That's kinda the basis of the spider aspect of the world- it functions like most other modern realities. It's superheroes, however, don't come from another planet. At least, not the spider ones.

:0 That's really cool and well thought out. I like it. Reminds me of My Hero Academia in a way.
I'm glad you like it! (Sidenote: For one of my works centered in the universe the MCs are college roommates- who Ladybird ships. Of course.)
I may or may not have a habit of making spidersona designs at random times.

^-^ Oh my. I had a spidersona once. I've been meaning to redesign him. He was based on the six-eyed sand spider

^-^ Oh my. I had a spidersona once. I've been meaning to redesign him. He was based on the six-eyed sand spider
ah, gotcha. I've only drawn two so far- Flicker and Ladybird- the latter of which was drawn today in a class.
Ladybird and a spidersona I plan on calling Opal are the only ones that I've set real-world spiders for. Ladybird is based off a ladybird spider but with way more ladybug design elements, and Opal a jumping spider! (her webs aren't that good for slinging, so she jumps. a lot.)

oh and general Kingdom Hearts question: Are there only a few ways that the Darkness can be combated or can most any force drive it out?

There can be ways to drive it back but it can eventually overpower someone/something that is causing it to be driven back. Is this for a world or something else? I just want to make sure I'm understanding the question correctly

There can be ways to drive it back but it can eventually overpower someone/something that is causing it to be driven back. Is this for a world or something else? I just want to make sure I'm understanding the question correctly
Oh for the world. I'm trying to figure out if having so many masked spiders would have stalled- if not stopped- the Darkness.

ah, gotcha. I've only drawn two so far- Flicker and Ladybird- the latter of which was drawn today in a class.
Ladybird and a spidersona I plan on calling Opal are the only ones that I've set real-world spiders for. Ladybird is based off a ladybird spider but with way more ladybug design elements, and Opal a jumping spider! (her webs aren't that good for slinging, so she jumps. a lot.)

Sorry I missed this by the way! That actually really cool. I would love to see them sometime. It's interesting to see which spiders you based them off of. For Sand, I don't think I gave him a web-slinging ability since I read that they prefer to bury themselves in the sand. I still have to do a lot of fleshing out for him.

Sorry I missed this by the way! That actually really cool. I would love to see them sometime. It's interesting to see which spiders you based them off of. For Sand, I don't think I gave him a web-slinging ability since I read that they prefer to bury themselves in the sand. I still have to do a lot of fleshing out for him.
I have Flicker's art on my Mac- Ladybird was drawn on an index card, so they'll get more detail at a later date
flicker ref.png
they uh, don't have as many spider elements on their suit as the others

honeylemon honeylemon A spider person in Kingdom Hearts, now that sounds exciting. In regards to the world, you may not have to create one from scratch. If I may make a suggestion, you could use the world of The Incredibles (call it Metroville). Depending on when in the movie's timeline you set it, supers, hero or villain, could be as common or as rare as needed. It certainly has that comic cityscape aesthetic. Plus, it gives the option to add a 1960s flair, if you wish. To my memory, nothing in Incredibles canon would conflict with your lore. Just a suggestion of course. You also mentioned The Swarm was from the future. If you wanted to add some spice, you could alternatively say that it came from another world. That way, the plot may take up to the origin of The Swarm, just to throw some personal character stakes into the mix.

I'm not trying to write your character or anything like that. It is all your decision. I just love Kingdom Hearts very much and have thought about various possibilities and hypotheticals a little too much. The art looks really cool by the way, and I look forward to potentially seeing your character in action.

Just a heads up that I won’t be around until later today and tomorrow. I am also planning on getting the starter up as soon as I have characters in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back