• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Wait a second. A single model or a series? I thought I read in RUE that if you chose one SAMAS for Elite, you got them all? Same as if you selected IAR or CR (Spider Skull Walkers)?

I don't have the books in front of me, or I'd give you a page number to reference.

The description from the book

Example of Types : All SAMAS and CS power armor with the numerical
designation PA-double digits "A" (e.g. PA-07A) are one type.
CS power armor with three digits (Le. PA- 1 00, PA-200, etc; including
the Mauler, Terror Trooper, and Glitter Boy Killer) are one type.
All UAR robots constitute one type, and all JAR 'bots another.
Likewise, all Titan TR-three digit I.D. robots are of the same type,
j ust as the Triax "X" double digit series (i.e. X- l OA Predator), "X" triple
digit series (Le. X-500 Forager), and "X" four digit series (i.e.
X- 1 000 Ulti-Max) are each a distinct and separate "group" of robot
types.

I may not have been quite accurate. I'm still learning the details of the Rifts Mecha Combat system

No worries, Psychie! You've seen me get stuff wrong too in the games I run. =)

My character is done and on the character thread.

There's a meme for Rifts that goes "...learn to fire missile volleys, ????, go up a level."

Psychie-lady,

Bear with me for a moment here while I share a little something special with you. =)

I like being right about something as much as the next person, but I would much rather be wrong and be corrected, than to be ignorant and have no one come and correct me. Why? Because my desire to be accurate outweighs any other desire.

I used to not like screwing up, especially in public. It's embarrassing, right? I got over that a long time ago. Life has taught me that everybody screws up, and who you really are is in how you handle your mistakes.

I think when you approach your goofs like an adult, you take your lumps, and grow, you become wiser. But only if you're willing to learn from your mistakes.

I think it was Chuck Norris said something to the effect of, you only lose if you don't learn something from the experience. I live by that.

So don't be afraid to screw up. More often than not, it's a lot better than doing nothing. In times of crisis, the thing that comes to my mind is, "What can I be doing now?" Not, "should I act or not act because I might screw up?" To Hell with that noise.

Sure, this is only a role-playing game, but I like to think that each of us brings a part of ourselves into this as we sit around a virtual table and share this fun together.

So, don't be afraid to try! Take the chance! But don't be like some people who just sit there, scared with the dice in their hands, afraid to roll them, if you get my meaning.

Roll those dice! Take action!

That's the only way you can get that Critical Hit! =)

There's a meme for Rifts that goes "...learn to fire missile volleys, ????, go up a level."

I don't get it. What do they mean by that?

By the way, I love the name Bronson Stone! It just sounds like a badass! =)

I believe it's a play off of the old Munchkin card of "attempt to grapple, ????, go up a level." Missile volleys can get really complicated in Rifts.

I believe it's a play off of the old Munchkin card of "attempt to grapple, ????, go up a level." Missile volleys can get really complicated in Rifts.

Oh! I'm not into the card games so I would remained ignorant if you hadn't explained it. Thanks.

Huh! Maybe it's because I've been playing Palladium so long (thank you, Sherwood!), but I've never thought of missile volleys as being complicated.

Then again, I have never thought of them as being realistic either, but this is a game after all. =)

Edit: I know what it is. It's no longer complicated. It sure as heck was when I first started.

Vaneheart Vaneheart There's something I don't understand. Back when you played Sir Dru (whom I noticed you recently crossed out on your Signature; I'm glad you still have him there!), your Character Sheet never displayed any of Sir Dru's Attributes, Skills, or details like that and now again here with Stone. I learn a lot from how people put their Characters together and you're the only role-player I know who, for lack of friendlier word, "hides" that information.

I don't get it. Why not share that information with your fellow Players?

Does the sheet not display? Should be a PDF download of the character sheet if nothing else. Didn't know it isn't showing anything for everyone else. On my screen it displays the pages.

Vaneheart Vaneheart Oh, it's a download! There it is! How in the world did I miss that? Can I chalk that one up to my ADHD? Ha ha!

How cool! Sorry for the confusion, Vane. =) That's a pretty cool Character Sheet! I love the part about the rations (there's someone serious about their survival). =)

Psychie Psychie

While reading up on RP tips on how to play a CS, I found on CWC page 48, a small set of bonuses specifically meant for Commissioned Officers. May I add these bonuses to Ridge?

I just want to share with a smile that one of the big reasons I nicknamed my soldier, "Ridge," is because I wanted to name him after a somebody (almost anybody) who served in a MACV-SOG Special Forces. During one particularly-hectic moment in the life of SOG, when they are in combat, bad things happen to good people. But there's this one guy they call "Ridgerunner," and he turns out to have what it takes to complete their mission and get his people out with everybody more or less in one piece (this in an outfit that at one time had "over 100% casualty rate." This means everybody in the outfit had been wounded at least once! You would think Purple Hearts would be being awarded left and right, but from all of the SOG books I've read, many of these guys never put in for them. They did the mission. They survived the impossible again. They're breathing. They're alive, drinking up the sunlight (and often alcohol too). To them, the prevailing attitude seems to be - what reward is better than coming out of Hell alive?

Again, "Ridgerunner" did (at least for that mission; I don't recall if he lived through the war). Plus, I like the name "Ridge." I'll always be amazed by people like those in SOG. =)

While reading up on RP tips on how to play a CS, I found on CWC page 48, a small set of bonuses specifically meant for Commissioned Officers. May I add these bonuses to Ridge?
Since you are pretty much an NCO that has been given a promotion to officer, I will say no to those bonuses. You have plenty going for you as it is.

Hey team, short warning - it might take a little while until I can get a post up (the game has started, though - hype!). My computer decided that it's a good time to stop working properly, might be an update gone wrong or something. I'll probably spend the rest of the day trying to figure out the problem - since I really don't like typing longer posts on my phone, I'll wait with any serious posting until everything's working again. ..

Aw crud, Sil! Broken computers are no fun for anybody who's online. I hope you are able to get yours fixed soon and inexpensively!

Seems to be the RAM that's causing trouble, so it's not too bad - probably. Will look into that over the next few days - spent the evening getting my old laptop back into shape (all those updates...), so I'll be able to get some typing done tomorrow. Looking forward to that - that was my initial afternoon plan, after all.

Psychie Psychie
not to mention the cost of putting you back together after you were ripped up by those bugs.

O.K.. So it was the Xiticix that turned Ridge into a cyborg. Psychie, what kind of information about the Xiticix do you want Lt. Ridge to know? Because whatever he knows, he is highly likely to share with Steel Rain, if not Summers and the whole convoy if he has the opportunity.

I have been drafting up a fun little first impression between Lt. Ridge and the other PCs. Will we have a scene where Lt. Ridge gets to speak with just King and the air wing? A "get to know each other" session? =)

Oh, and I liked your intro to FOB Rico! Captain Cruz seems to have his head on straight! Plus, I like the name "Warlords." Since this is taking place in Wisconsin, it makes that name easy to remember (both start with "W").

Another question - if Lt. Ridge has run missions against the bugs, does he know this area of operations or did you want him stationed somewhere else so this area is new to him?

Psychie, what kind of information about the Xiticix do you want Lt. Ridge to know?
Not a whole lot. This is going to be an adventure in discovery, trying to learn more about the Xiticix and their habits/weaknesses as you run into them.
I have been drafting up a fun little first impression between Lt. Ridge and the other PCs. Will we have a scene where Lt. Ridge gets to speak with just King and the air wing? A "get to know each other" session? =)
Yes, and I am working as hard as I can to not speed things forward too fast. I want to give everyone a chance to post before we move out. Do you wish to have the meeting with King before he goes and meets Sherwood's and Vaneheart's characters or wait to meet the whole team after they have a chance to secure their gear?
Another question - if Lt. Ridge has run missions against the bugs, does he know this area of operations or did you want him stationed somewhere else so this area is new to him?
You are familiar with Camp Rico, having been stationed there as the Coalition's major base in the region for some time. You know the local bars and troop hangouts (since it was before your Borg conversion and you no longer need to eat), and the layout of the base and where to find everything there.

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Just keep things simple, and go with the flow, and you'll do just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back