• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Not a whole lot. This is going to be an adventure in discovery, trying to learn more about the Xiticix and their habits/weaknesses as you run into them.

O.K.!

Do you wish to have the meeting with King before he goes and meets Sherwood's and Vaneheart's characters or wait to meet the whole team after they have a chance to secure their gear?

I was half-expecting Summer to pull Ridge aside. But yeah, if the opportunity is there, Ridge definitely wants to talk with King. Just the two of them.

Psychie Psychie
Have any of us in the squadron flown Super SAMASes before?

I believe that the company 'name' is the Warlords, and that the SAMAS squad is going to be the Steel Rain.

The Warlords are of the 7th Light Armored Cavalry Division. The 20th SAMAS Squadron is Steel Rain.

For those of us with extra Pilot skills and choosing Robot Combat Elite, where are you going with yours? I was thinking about having Ridge pilot the Glitter Boy Killer (with whatever series that's connected to). If memory serves, it's a one-seater and really good at what it does.

I just did my skills in the two main SAMAS categories of PA-XXX and PA-XXA/B/C/whatever. Seemed to cover a lot of bases. Some of the IAR and UAR stuff is cool, but it sounded like we were going to be mostly flying.

I noticed that, Vane, but I didn't quite follow it. I thought that if you had Robot Combat Elite SAMAS, you had all of SAMAS family? Like in the thread from Rifts Ultimate Edition that Psychie posted earlier?

EDIT:
Example of Types : All SAMAS and CS power armor with the numerical
designation PA-double digits "A" (e.g. PA-07A) are one type.
CS power armor with three digits (Le. PA- 1 00, PA-200, etc; including
the Mauler, Terror Trooper, and Glitter Boy Killer) are one type.

Oh. I've decided to expand on a few cosmetic tattoos on Ridge (if Psychie doesn't mind me adding a few for flavor?). Here's his current collection:

Collection of laser-etched tattoos: "De oppresso liber" proudly emblazoned the left side of his chest. "I bring the 'war' in Warlords" on his left outside bicep. "I live for bug hunts!" on his right wrist. Written upside-down on his lower back in large letters, "If you can read this, flip me over."

=)

The Warlords are of the 7th Light Armored Cavalry Division. The 20th SAMAS Squadron is Steel Rain.
This is correct.
I just did my skills in the two main SAMAS categories of PA-XXX and PA-XXA/B/C/whatever. Seemed to cover a lot of bases. Some of the IAR and UAR stuff is cool, but it sounded like we were going to be mostly flying.
Taking the Elite SAMAS Pilot skill covers both the Light Smiling Jack model and the Super SAMAS suit. That is straight from the RUE book.
Have any of us in the squadron flown Super SAMASes before?
You all have had the chance to fly one in training, but not in active service. It is still being rolled out to the various companies in the field.

Psychie Psychie Do you want me to create a short post with Ridge requesting King's company, preferably at the power armor hangars (or wherever the SAMAS are kept on FOB Rico)?

They have since come out with more SAMAS armors in additional books that have changed the letter designation, hence why I wrote it that way. I'm not saying you guys are doing it wrong.

They have since come out with more SAMAS armors in additional books that have changed the letter designation, hence why I wrote it that way. I'm not saying you guys are doing it wrong.
I only know of the older original model and the three added in the CWC book. Which books add to this? I may have access to them and might just pull some of these into the game.

There are just soooo many books out there, I have only scratched the surface of some of the setting books that I have.

They're sprinkled over a ton of stuff. Rifters, the Navy book, Quebec, Canada, I think the New West one (Bandito Arms variants), and such. I'll see if I can find them. They all somewhat stay to the PA-XXwhatever designation though, so having those two should cover all of it. Probably overkill too, since the vast majority of official SAMAS are all the regular first designation.

Nice thing is that if we ever end up on the lam or behind enemy lines, it seems that SAMAS PAs are not too hard to steal or find anymore.

I'm not saying you guys are doing it wrong.

Vaneheart Vaneheart Heh. Never thought you were, man. =)

Since it is probably my questions that got this ball rolling, allow me to explain.

Vane, I see you as having more experience in Rifts than I do, especially as a PC, and I definitely see you was having way more experience than I do in the military world because this brain of mine kept me from ever being a soldier. =)

It is your expertise in both areas that I admire. Even back when you were playing Sir Dru, I think you came across as somebody who had something to share without having something to prove. I liked that then and I like it now.

So in my mind you have always been Vaneheart, not Vainheart.

You copy? =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

After doing a bit of hunting in my PDF files, I have spotted three different suits of SAMAS armor besides the Light and the Super: There is the CS Sea SAMAS, the Sidewinder SAMAS, and the Wild Weasel SAMAS. If I were to be straight 'by the book' the Sidewinder and Wild Weasel are not CS stuff, but are 'knock-offs' and the ownership or operation of one of these suits is punishable by death! I might bend that rule a bit, because I do like having some extra options available to the group. Let me consider my options, and I'll let you guys know what I'm going to do.

Vaneheart Vaneheart If there are any others out there that you come across, let me know and I'll gladly look them up.

I am curious to see these other suits. Do share!

But, to be honest, a Wild Weasel suit may not be all that effective vs a bunch of bugs, since they don't use high tech gear.

Ok, everyone! You can thank Vaneheart Vaneheart for having two new SAMAS suits to pick from at the moment; the Sidewinder and the Wild Weasel. The Super SAMAS is still not yet available to you.

I am thinking that only one WW SAMAS is needed in the squad, so if someone wants it, lay claim to that bad boy. Dannigan, if you wish, I can have the NPC use it if you want the team to have the electronic bonuses from it.

Sherwood Sherwood Purr Purr Rykon Rykon Silanon Silanon

Hmmm. The Smiling Jack version is good, but the Sidewinder has a bunch more missiles built into it. Add to that the hand-held weapon of choice, and it makes a tough decision on which one to pick.

The "Wild Weasel" SAMAS! Why does that name ring a bell? It's not the Dan Hampton book. What book is this SAMAS in, please? And is the Sidewinder (which doesn't ring a bell because I can only recall an air-to-air missile by that name) in the same book?

In other news...

My Rifts books are here! Bionics Sourcebook and Secrets of the Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity! Woo!

Me: "i GOT THE POWER!"
"Kennis Marquis & Joe-Joe Grooves "The Power" by SNAP!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back