• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Silanon Silanon What's your take?

1. Want to sell our piles of gems for 15 million now or wait and possibly get more (both the time and the amount both being unknown, at least to me, at this time)?

2. Do you have ideas for a name for our team?

3. How about the Badger vehicle?

4. And what am I forgetting to ask you? Hah! =)

Well, my first take is that this probably belongs in another OOC =)

Hello? Anyone in here?

Kids Anybody Home GIF by Pirate's Parley

Hi. Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

I have a gripe. I have got to get this off my chest to consider this venting as much as it is griping. I can't stand ghosting. Do you remember this from earlier in the year?

*Testing for echo* Anybody still in here? =)

Its only been you, me and Psy posting here. Is this going to a three person game?

@D. Rex I was afraid of this. If I don't play someone for a long-enough time, they simply fade. Something like this seems to be happening/have happened with Marlon. So...

...do you want something to happen to Marlon that changes him in such a way that might "jump-start" him as a Character?

...do you want to make a new Character?

...or something else?

(At least people are talking in here now! =) )

Yes indeed. If we were to call this game right now, I would say that you have had a outstanding success on your hands, and if and when you choose to run again, I will be happy to be a part of it. But just like any game, the biggest part of it is to have fun. Are you getting burned out on this?

Thank you, Sherwood. That means a lot to me! It really does.

Also to Dannigan, thanks for taking my feelings into this, too. I have had a great time running this game, but I am starting to wonder if I am just repeating the same encounter over and over again. I thought that taking the game to the part of the timeline of the Invid Invasion would be enough of a change, but I am not so sure. I am running out of ideas, and that is not fun for me. A part of me is thinking that it ma be time to retire this story with a smile and nod to all.

That was Psychie's Southern Cross game. That was a great game that died well.

You guys know how much I love it when people ghost. And that's what I think is happening now. If we're not going to play this game, someone, preferably the person running the game, should step up and say so.

Don't leave folks hanging. Don't just disappear without a word. That's like showing up ready for a weekly tabletop game only to find out you're the only person in the room.

I'm glad you're having fun with your new D&D 5th edition game, but this should not be happening here.

So what is it going to be? Are we going to lay this game down gently with the integrity it deserves, keep it going, or are you going to ghost? Vane not posting is one thing. I don't think he has the option to say anything here. I'm sorry, but you do.

If it is because you're busy, a short line is fine.

Anything is better than silence.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I've been having some serious computer problems, and that has really put me behind.

I am looking at my current games, and I am thinking that with my questionable computer issues, it would not be fair to you guys as my friends and players to keep you hanging on indefinitely. For now, I am going to put a pause on this game until things in my life are less hectic.
Psy did put this up a while back.

From my understanding, the game is on hold until Psychie has fixed her computer issues completely, just like Sherwood Sherwood pointed out right now. As for the ooc - well, I've been busy and focused on the games that are not on hold at the moment.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying. That's all I needed.

If someone had replied back when I first posted, I wouldn't have felt the way I did. I apologize if I was rough on you guys, especially you, Sil; you have a very good track record for not leaving anyone hanging.

Thank you again for replying and putting me at ease.

Hi! Psychie Psychie

Ah, you know how if I don't play a Character for a certain amount of time, I start to lose them?

I think I'm losing Ridge. When I "reach out" to get to him, he's becoming harder to find. This is my doing, so please don't blame yourself.

I thought you should know.

From the outside perspective, he seems like one of those characters who really need somewhat constant posts to stay in the right mindset.

Silanon Silanon Yes, he's a challenge to play though Psychie has done a terrific job in giving he and I a place and story to bring life to him. I have a big backstory for him, but not wanting to overshadow anyone and not having seen interest in that direction, I haven't shared it.

Still, it's quite the challenge sometimes to go from Ridge to Dreamy to Snowfall in a single night. =)

I hope this game is still on or if it isn't, maybe Psychie can get another game going? Whatever keeps us playing together. I like us! =)

Would certainly like to see more of Ridge and this rp, or at least of Psychie as a gm. Wasn't part of her previous game, but this one's been damn enjoyable thus far. We'll see how things go. And I know what you mean with Ridge and other characters - Nisha and Eron on the same day are quite a challenge...

Nisha and Eron on the same day are quite a challenge...
Oh, I bet! They're both cerebral in their own way, but Eron comes across as being unhinged while Nisha is about as grounded as a "Mage" as I've ever seen - both of them with their own "book" of strong convictions and goals to carry them onward. =)

Psychie Psychie It's almost been a month since you last posted in OOC-land, lady. Can we get an update as to what you as the Game Master would like to do here, please?

I will try to get my head wrapped around this game once more, but it will still be a little bit for me to get back on the horse, so to speak.

I will try to get my head wrapped around this game once more, but it will still be a little bit for me to get back on the horse, so to speak.
You replied! Thank you for replying! =)

I... don't know that I've still got Ridge? But I'll try!

Psychie Psychie Is there anything I can do to help you get back on the horse?

If this game winds up being too far gone, would it help you to start another game entirely?

You can GM again! I believe in you!

Slow Motion Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Psychie Psychie I have an update and and offers.

"Timecop1983 - On the Run"

I think I've lost Ridge.

Folks, I'm reaching for Dreamy and she's cheerfully waving back to me. Snowfall? More or less front and center. Ridge? Is absent on roll call. He's only vaguely there. So... I'm thinking if, Psychie, if you want to continue this RP, maybe I should roll a new Character. I'd rather that then play a Character of mine poorly.

That said, I've been doing some coffee-aided thinking (which helps with headaches and migraines!). And I have an offer for you.

Psychie, I think I'm part of your problem. So, how about if I bow out entirely?

I want you - all of you - to have wonderful games! Wonderful memories! You deserve it and I have love for each of you enough to tell you, "if it helps you succeed as a gamer, if my absence improves you or lightens your load somehow, I'll leave this game of yours so you can take it where you will without having to have this fussy, easily-confused Dannigan under you causing issues." Would that help your return as a Game Master?

And another.

I don't think you want my help as a Game Master because I've offered it a few times over the past few months and received no reply. But if I'm mistaken, can I help you with whatever it is that's roadblocking your GMing? Do you need help in creating objectives for Steel Rain? Is it game balance? Do you want advice with Character interaction? Are there details in the (often confusing) Palladium rules I can help you sort out? Atmosphere? Trouble reaching goals? Procrastination? Getting in "the mood?"

So... there are my feelings. And if once again I have written into a black hole then, I will have to be content that I have done my very best. The rest can't be helped. But instead, if there is some way I can help you, my hand remains happily extended! You're my friend, Psychie! I want what makes you happy even if it means my absence here. I can bow out gracefully and remain unoffended! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

P.S. Edited for brevity.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer of help, Dann. Right now, I'm trying to determine if I really have the time I need to be able to devote to running a game, or if I should hold off on another attempt until later. I am also wondering if I should try another system instead of sticking with Palladium; perhaps Exalted. It is up in the air, though. I certainly will not be starting up any new games in the near future, and if I do come up with a new campaign, it won't be until at least January.

Let me ponder this and I'll let you know.

You're welcome, Psychie.

If the trouble is time, let me be the first to recommend that you hold off until later. I think rushed games produce stress; easy-going games relieve stress and promote fun (at least, that's been my goals with Sharseya and Robotech: Broadsword for all these years).

As far as systems are concerned, may I also recommend that you don't focus on the system first, but the universe?

Say you've just got through watching Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal, and you are just dying to get a game going with gelflings and Fizzgig and the rest, then I think it's easy - you know where you want to be and finding a system that works is the tougher part. In my world, when I try to start with a system first, I find myself chasing universes within that gaming system. But... "Make Believe" only has the rules everyone agrees on - the story is the boss, the atmosphere, the universe.

Maybe watch your favorite goodies (Nausicaa, Ghost in the Shell, and so on) until something just grabs you, not for a few days, but like maybe for a week or so. It's like you're putting out your arm and asking a "bug" to bite you. The bug that bites you the strongest is the one you don't want to get rid of. Play that! Whatever it is! When you have the time, then figure out which gaming system is best and how much work it will take you to get a game started.

It's the games we're hottest for that last the longest. =)

Hope that helps you. Happy pondering! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back