• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Coalition Wars - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Just dice, Rykon Rykon . This is the first time I've ever seen cards come up.

My lady Kaerri says, "You could get creative? Roll a d4 for each suit and then a d13 to see which number or face comes up."

Just dice, Rykon Rykon . This is the first time I've ever seen cards come up.

My lady Kaerri says, "You could get creative? Roll a d4 for each suit and then a d13 to see which number or face comes up."
The kicker is the deck is primary used for initiative draws, and the deck doesn't get reshuffled until a Joker is drawn, which gives the character a bonus to all actions that turn and the choice precisely when they want to act in a round. There's also special perks a player can pick up that will add even more bonuses when they get a Joker. I believe this style originated with Pinnacle's Deadlands system and it just stuck, but that's speculation on my part.

Were I running the game, just using a dedicated set at home would be fine. I think the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition of Rifts came with it's own deck, but I might be mistaken.

I have never RPGed with cards and I definitely don't know the Savage Worlds system. While the Palladium system has a big learning curve (not quite as bad as, say, Pathfinder or HERO: Champions, I've noticed), I feel good in that the Characters I've made have had staying power. =)

I have never RPGed with cards and I definitely don't know the Savage Worlds system. While the Palladium system has a big learning curve (not quite as bad as, say, Pathfinder or HERO: Champions, I've noticed), I feel good in that the Characters I've made have had staying power. =)
My friends that ultimately brought me into the hobby which inevitably brought me here started by inviting me to Savage Worlds: Deadlands Reloaded. I concede I have some sentimental fondness for it, but I still love the elegance and play feel of the game to this day. One day, I'd like see others give the system a shot and see what they think.

I've done Savage Worlds Rifts. It's pretty fun. Different though.

I am just inputting equipment at the moment. Should be done enough to play mid tomorrow. I'd finish it tonight, but I have an early work meeting. I have his backstory done, but it's pretty basic. Mostly time spent in training commands and garrison. No tragic backstory or anything. Just a regular guy serving the CS.

Alright, I think I'm good to go now. I'll try and work out background and loadout organically as we go. Loadout especially is going to be informed or dictated by mission parameters anyway.

For a high level, I was thinking Josh would be motivated to enlist due to the Xiticix threat in the beginning, ironic that I think Psy is making them our opening or primary antagonist. I'm game to fight Rift-Zerg.

My friends that ultimately brought me into the hobby which inevitably brought me here started by inviting me to Savage Worlds: Deadlands Reloaded. I concede I have some sentimental fondness for it, but I still love the elegance and play feel of the game to this day. One day, I'd like see others give the system a shot and see what they think.

I would give it a try. I bought a couple of the Savage World books a while back out of curiosity and it seems like a straightforward and uncomplicated system on the surface.

I would give it a try. I bought a couple of the Savage World books a while back out of curiosity and it seems like a straightforward and uncomplicated system on the surface.
Its consistency and flexibility are what I'd consider the strongest points.

Stats are consistent, target numbers are fairly consistent, and Edges (like DnD feats) are also consistent. The spellbook has little to no redundancy. Non-combat professionals also get quite a bit of attention too.

Overall, it's lean and clean without losing too much crunch or customization where it counts.

I made a Cyber Knight for a Savage Rifts game on here once, but it fizzled before we could do much of anything, so I have no idea how the Storyteller was planning on doing the card system of its initiative.

I made a Cyber Knight for a Savage Rifts game on here once, but it fizzled before we could do much of anything, so I have no idea how the Storyteller was planning on doing the card system of its initiative.
I'm currently drowning in a backlog of hobby projects, house hunting, and campaign ideas but if I can ever find the time to do a Savage World pilot here I'll definitely reach out and see who's interested or has the spare bandwidth at the time.

I definitely can't promise anything at the moment, but if you run something in the future, I will give it my most sincere consideratlion.

There is also a Savage Worlds Robotech that I picked up at GenCon a couple of years back, with the promise that they were going to be putting out more books for it, now that Palladium has lost the franchise to sell the books.

What SAMAS armor are we starting with, if any? I think it was mentioned earlier, but I seem to have lost it somewhere.

Earlier it was mentioned that the Special Forces SAMAS was not in the game. To my mind, that leaves the old-style SAMAS and the Super SAMAS as the Smiling Jack's "cousins." Are there any other SAMAS types out there, perhaps in books or Rifter issues I haven't seen?

Earlier it was mentioned that the Special Forces SAMAS was not in the game. To my mind, that leaves the old-style SAMAS and the Super SAMAS as the Smiling Jack's "cousins." Are there any other SAMAS types out there, perhaps in books or Rifter issues I haven't seen?
The SF SAMAS is in the game, but it is not available to you guys. AFAIK, there are no other types of SAMAS unless they came out with others in books I have not seen.

Could you give us an idea which Robot Combat: Elites are more common/likely to take place? No sense in choosing IAR-style mecha if they don't come into play until 8th-9th level, right? =)

I asked this a few pages back, but it seems I've gotten lost in the shuffle.

I asked this a few pages back, but it seems I've gotten lost in the shuffle.
Sorry! I'll give you a few possibilities.

Terror Trooper Powered Armor
Glitter Boy Killer Powered Armor
Mauler Powered Armor

UAR-1 Enforcer
IAR-04 Hellraiser
IAR-05 Hellfire Light Assault robot
CR-004 Scout Spider Skull Walker
CR-005 Scorpion Skull Walker

I think I better change his Pilot: Tanks and APCs, which he gets to drive at base skill level for Vehicle Armorer, to something from the list above. =)

Remember, with the Robot Combat Pilot skill, you need to specify either powered armor or giant mecha-type robots as your focus, unless you take the skill twice. Then, the skill Elite Combat is type specific for a model (SAMAS Powered Armor, Hellraiser, etc) and then it grants you Basic Combat for all others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back