• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Chronicle of the Scavenger Lands (Exalted 3E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
D. Rex D. Rex read up on some of the story. Quill has done it a few times.
Usually, I ask our ST whether I can do it, and private message him with the gist of it, to get initial approval.
It gives the player a way to affect the story, and add to it. Also, there is an action to contest a fact.

D. Rex D. Rex read up on some of the story. Quill has done it a few times.
Usually, I ask our ST whether I can do it, and private message him with the gist of it, to get initial approval.
It gives the player a way to affect the story, and add to it. Also, there is an action to contest a fact.
Indeedy! I was doing a bit of that actually. And am looking to good old Quill as a framework so I dont screw things up. Mine had little to do with the story affecting facts. So wanted to proceed cautiously if such a thing warranted an introduction of fact.

It is basically "hey, such and such is going around in these parts. If your sexually active, be careful, and also may want to avoid such and such as well."
You can mention that without an Introduce Fact.

If you guys are going to transport your 200-strong army by river, you're going to need a bigger ship than Lyla's yacht, and more than one of them.

What about splitting up in many small groups and coming in from different parts? Going in by different methods and disguises. Then they join up at a preset point to make an army again.

If you guys are going to transport your 200-strong army by river, you're going to need a bigger ship than Lyla's yacht, and more than one of them.
Perhaps I didn't communicate it clearly, but that has been my point
If we even can travel south by ship now...
This is dependent on whether Mara's efforts of building up a fleet have been successful enough to carry us by river. If not, we will have to march south along the east coast, conquering and acquiring steeds as we go.

Last I checked, that was supposed to be her priority when we left, but it has been awhile.

Looking back, her main goal was to gather information about the political situation in Nalia. Still, I can certainly have it so that she returns with ships enough to carry everyone. Perhaps after Catseye sends her instructions to do so via Infallible Messenger?

If Mara and / or Lyla think that a sufficient number of ships can be commissioned, then that's perfectly fine as well. I expect it will take a bit of cash or favors to make that happen quickly though.

EDIT: For what it's worth, transporting armies and traveling large distances is supposed to be a strategic challenge. So I am perfectly fine with the reality of having to do things the hard way if that's the way the decision falls.

Last edited:
Based on the rough distance between Marita and Nalia's capital of Elua, as well as sailing speeds as described in both the 2E and 3E handbooks, I'm going to go ahead and assume that Mara and her crew have been in Elua for at least a day now.

Looks like we start the long march to the south. We don't have any other transport readily available. Over time we can acquire horses, but we're still limited to the slowest unit's speed.

Looks like we start the long march to the south. We don't have any other transport readily available. Over time we can acquire horses, but we're still limited to the slowest unit's speed.
Sounds fair enough. And you'll at least have a shorter distance to travel than if you took the river.

That said, how are you going to cross the Yellow River? I can provide a solution for the group, unless any of you have any ideas of your own.

I'm not sure what else Axtis would be doing right now, other than chilling out and waiting for some action to start. Lets move on.

It's 500 miles to Nalia. Assuming good conditions and no trouble crossing the river with an army, that's about two months of travel time. To say nothing of the fact that we're broadcasting our location to everyone who cares to pay attention.

Aberuthven is the destination, which is further still.

jaydude jaydude I don't recall mention of our cut of the deal, so I don't think we're exactly flush in cash at the moment. Do we know if we're capable of buying passage for roughly 200 and some odd number of passengers with our current wealth/income (probably at least 10 ships)? I know we're liable to get hassled by blockades, checkpoints, and the like that way with rivers being easy to obstruct, but in the interest of time, we could go for something to speed us along. Otherwise, we're stuck with nearly a season's worth of marching.

Edit: Apparently for 3E they actually do have a few large ship writeups, I was going off of memory of 2E's examples. A singe Large Merchant Vessel or two Blue-Water Merchant vessels would be sufficient for the trip past Nalia and toward Aberuthven.

Last edited:
You wouldn't be able to buy a large merchant vessel or two blue water ones with Resources 3 (Ysandre's rating for that Merit).

That said, I can have Lyla loan you a ship or two, if only to keep the Chronicle moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back