• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pilgrim59

👑 Exalted Monarch 👑
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

ᚹᛇᛒᛟᚱᚷ
The Væborg Chronicle

Opening Theme
a Groznyverse story

“I've always longed to travel and tame new lands - to exceed what the Ancients have failed to provide for us. Alas, the belligerence of the old ways can be as bitter as the new. In the end, unambitious gods are useless to my cause. Neither Aedain nor Aerilia will stand in the way of my vision. The age of the gods is over, it is time for mankind to forge their own fate.”
-
Sigrid Ravenchild

Proem​
Ever since the defeat of the Daemon Lord, the land of Karelia has yet to recover from the devastation of the Great Crusade. Plagued by aetherial beasts that stalked the land, many northerners have chosen to shut themselves from the rest of the world. Following the collapse of the Venelian Empire, ancient knowledge and interactions would subsequently fade into oblivion, ironically bringing about the dark age of Grozny's Dawn of Humanity. As humanity returns to petty rivalries and began to devolve, a young soul in the north would change the course of Groznyan history forever. As the apocryphal legends went, the child of the Raven emerged from the sacred Lundevald Forest, wielding a fragment of Aedain's lost tooth (an axe) and bearing the pelt of an Elvar Serpent. And so it came to pass that a stranger had arrived on the shores of Vaeborg, becoming the testament of the forgotten prophecy. Sporting hair as red as Syr's cloak, the young girl came to seek the Jarl Sten Mavenson of Vaeborg for a reward. They would be named Sigrid Ravenchild by the Jarl for their beauty and victorious feat against the Elvar Serpent that has terrorized the population since the beginning of time. Their namesake paid honor to the enigmatic prophecy that foretold of their arrival.

Tuta was a land of seafaring warriors and hardy woodsmen, so much so that their capacity to look outward had been restricted by the old ways - the very thing that the audacious Sigrid despised the most. In her vision, she imagined a land of opportunity that would go down in history and not just another village to be forgotten by the sea.

Battles after battles, and wars after wars, Sigrid found herself becoming the Jarl's greatest instrument in eliminating their oppositions and competitors. Thrusted into battle against men and beasts, Sigrid had grown tired of Sten's limited views of the world. Unsatisfied of her capacity as nothing more than a slayer, Sigrid began to gather like-minded warriors to join her cause to explore the world. Stirred by the tales of strange lands and promises of treasures, the young warrior was keen on sailing to the end of the world. Accompanying Sigrid since her rise to fame as the Raven Child was the renowned Hargrimm Stonewall, the Jarl's trusted thane, of whom had begun to share Sigrid's visions. Rather than relaying news of Sigrid's plan to sail west, Hargrimm kept his piece unspoken. Upon a fair night in spring, Sigrid stole a ship alongside her gathered allies and set sail for the edge of the world - in a quest to realize her ambitions.

Rules​

I. My words are final. No buts!
II. No real-life / celebrity faceclaims. This is an absolute one.
III. Casual writing level - at least one paragraph, please.
IV. Posting schedules are subject to change, but expect and reciprocate one post per week.
V. Please file an absent-notice prior to dropping or taking a break.
VI. RPNation house rules and common sense apply.

T7PjPJ4.gif

I noticed the lore page mentions "Blyden" as a pejorative for non-humans. What kind of non-human peoples are there,in this setting?

I noticed the lore page mentions "Blyden" as a pejorative for non-humans. What kind of non-human peoples are there,in this setting?
Omg, I forgot about that! Sorry, I'm doing stuff atm. But Races will be up on the lore page as soon as I get the chance.
Here are the ones I could throw down at the top of my head:

Solarian - Humans.

Astrian - Humanoids with animal features. Kemonomimi and the likes.

Minarin - Dwarves

Lesni - Elves

Hello ! I'm interested and would like to know more. So it's kinda a Viking go to England scenario if I got it right ? I'm a little confuse by all the names tbh. Will we learn about Sunderland and Becouria in rp ? Also do our OC have to be Tutan ? I was thinking of making a astrian cat/wolf like female OC.

Hello ! I'm interested and would like to know more. So it's kinda a Viking go to England scenario if I got it right ? I'm a little confuse by all the names tbh. Will we learn about Sunderland and Becouria in rp ? Also do our OC have to be Tutan ? I was thinking of making a astrian cat/wolf like female OC.
Hi hi!

1. Yes. It'll be like the story of Ragnar Lothbrok, although with fantasy elements in the mix. This RP, as you prolly could already tell, is heavily inspired by Vikings (the TV show).

2. Indeed you will! Sunderland and Brecouria will come into play when we get there.

3. So far, there are 2 known cultures at the start of the story that the players may pick from. Tutan and Dargins. I would prefer for the players to play as either of these culture groups, rather than anywhere further south. This would be cleared up in later episodes.

4. Sounds fine with me. My RP will only take OCs anyways haha. Feel free to work on your CS, I'll have a gawk at it as soon as I am able!

Sorry for the late reply, I had to wrap up my report. 😭

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 how does magic work?
Incantations and bloodletting rituals.
One can also cut down the incantation process by preparing a krozat stone beforehand. Which is basically infusing an aetherium-concentrated stone with magic so you can insta-cast a spell. Tutan magic in this time period is somewhat primitive and pagan-like, since they worship the old Gods. As the story progresses, different magic practices will be introduced to the Tutans, as every realm has a different technique.

Incantations and bloodletting rituals.
One can also cut down the incantation process by preparing a krozat stone beforehand. Which is basically infusing an aetherium-concentrated stone with magic so you can insta-cast a spell. Tutan magic in this time period is somewhat primitive and pagan-like, since they worship the old Gods. As the story progresses, different magic practices will be introduced to the Tutans, as every realm has a different technique.
What sorts of magic is there? Elemental? Construct? Trying to find the limits right now

What sorts of magic is there? Elemental? Construct? Trying to find the limits right now
Elemental, enchantment, conjuration, and illusions are the most common ones.
Construct (golemancy and the likes) is limited, as that pertains to the knowledge of the Ancients. Of which, have been lost through time. It's possible to look into that field, when we get to the right location that houses such knowledge.

As for limits, there are so many itty bitty details, so you will have to give me a high concept of your pursuits, and I will let you know if it suits the setting. Otherwise, I will have to write a 20-pages long list of doable magic concept. But even then, the nitpicky details will beg for another 20 pages.
So jot down 3 ideas that you wish to do and I'll confirm it with ya.

Elemental, enchantment, conjuration, and illusions are the most common ones.
Construct (golemancy and the likes) is limited, as that pertains to the knowledge of the Ancients. Of which, have been lost through time. It's possible to look into that field, when we get to the right location that houses such knowledge.

As for limits, there are so many itty bitty details, so you will have to give me a high concept of your pursuits, and I will let you know if it suits the setting. Otherwise, I will have to write a 20-pages long list of doable magic concept. But even then, the nitpicky details will beg for another 20 pages.
So jot down 3 ideas that you wish to do and I'll confirm it with ya.
Thank you, I was thinking of going for like, a scholar or something

Would a skinwalker or shapeshifter be viable? If yes, would they need a focus like a pelt of the animal they're transforming into, an actual animal to transfer their mind to, or some other limitation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back