• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
915b5a0a399728c01bf206d175deddaf5f7e70fb.png

Maddie had been sitting staring at the blackboard when out of the corner of her eye she saw Amie walk through the door. Her heartbeat faster in her chest and she hopped out of her chair making sure not to hit her arm and rushed over to her. "Amie! I'm so glad your back! Are you okay, do you want me to help you with something?" She said as she looked at the other girl, she smiled at her as she tapped her fingers on the desk. She had been worried sick about her, for some reason her own pain didn't worry her as much as maybe never seeing Amie Again. A blush found it's way to her freckled cheeks.

Frostbuny Frostbuny

Amaryllis

She jumped when Madeline came over to her. She covered her face with her hand as she looked up at the girl, only her eyes peaking through. Her hand bumped again the glasses she forgot she was wearing. Her vision had not returned fully. She usually wore simple reading glasses when her tears blurred her vision a little. It was not too much of a nuisance, but she felt insecure about it nonetheless. They were a simple black frame, nothing too loud or eccentric. "I'm... I'm recovering still..." Amie replied, her voice dropping. She looked away from the girl's face, her over eagerness giving Amaryllis butterflies in her tummy. Amie had never felt this sort of thing before, and she wondered what had her so nervous. "I could use s-some help," she answered. "I can't take notes really well, and..." she didn't finish her statement. Her eyes caught sight of the girl's arm, and all the little butterflies turned to wasps. I did that. I did that to her. I did it, me. She turned her entire head away. She couldn't bare to look at the girl. Madeline, so sweet and kind and generous. Amie hurt her, hurt someone so pure. She felt sick. She felt so disgusted by herself. "I'm s-sorry, Madeline-"

"Attention students. Amaryllis Kavlev, Nikkolaüs Butler, and Felix Zion. You are all needed in the principal's office immediately. Amaryllis Kavlev, Nikkolaüs Butler, and Felix Zion . You are needed in the principal's office immediately."

The announcement was loud in the speakers throughout the school. Hearing her name said so urgently felt like needles under her skin. She gave Madeline one last sad look before putting her bag on her back and taking off. She hated that she felt relieved to be called out of the class, but she couldn't face Madeline just yet. She couldn't face her mistakes.

She took quick steps to the front office, anxiety eating away at her.

Red Web

He waited with patience in the office, his foot tapping nervously. He knew that the students meant no harm, but the situation from last weak was a bad one. He didn't like the idea of having to scold them first, but this was for the best. He needed to remind them that everything they did was incredibly dangerous. But he also had plans for all of them. These three students - Jet felt so much potential from them. The raw energy that was transferred between them, the brightest red strings he had ever seen. He knew there was something to be sparked her, and he wanted to light the match that ignited it.

He would wait for them patiently. Beaufort already called them up. Now that Miss Kavlev was finally at school again, he can have the talk he's been waiting for.

MegMath13 MegMath13 EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Name: Aden Sycamore
Mentions: EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid Rhino Schneider Rhino Schneider

Aden flinched at the noise somewhere in the front of the classroom made, not helped by the fact that Aden was in suspense wanting to hear what Felix was about to say. It was surprisingly done by a short, blue girl, adjectives that immediately came to his head. They did their short introduction, on how they were on their own predicament so as to not be able to come in for the first day as Aden began to wonder if this girl came to right class. Or school.

Aden couldn't decide if he felt the girl was fortunate to have been hit by a truck to avoid the first day or not. He decided not to choose which one. The girl made their way to the back of the class, near him and Felix. Aden decided to nod and say a morning as they passed. As much as he'd probably need to greet their new classmate formally soon, Aden decided he still wanted to hear from Felix. He looked cold as before, but Aden was kind of sure that might have tensed Felix up.

"... just wanted ya to know we're cool and all that, alright?" Aden said and sighed. He wasn't sure if he could believe the next thing he said to happen either. "Talk to me or something about it." Aden looked around before he continued. "Amaryllis seems fine and all that. We can probably agree when Nikk says that'll be guaranteed." Aden kept pausing, still hesitant to continue despite the fact he was literally already talking about it. This time was kind of a bit more personal, though.

"Hey, sorry if I've been bugging around you a lot. I haven't made a friend here in class since the upperclassmen took me around that one time, and didn't go to school for two days following that day so I never really had much chance to talk around these other guys."

"And... I thought you could use one. So, uh, we're friends alright? There." A beat passed. "Okay this is getting embarrassing." Aden finished and promptly stood up. "Ciao."

Aden made his way back, but suddenly heard the announcement detailing three particular names he knew so well. Aden spun around back to Felix, giving him a... time's ticking...

A nod. Another, familiar reassuring nod.

Being summoned from the classroom was a relief.

Being called into the principal's office was about to give him a panic attack.

It was the first time his internal fear and anxiety was externally apparent, as his shoulders hiked up to his shoulders and his eyes widened. He quickly shook the reaction away just in time to see Aden sign to him. All he could hear and feel was his heart pounding in his ears, and in the moment, he was too petrified to move. This is it, he thought, assuming his ticket had finally been pulled. He was going to go to another school, one that would be so much harder to get to, so much more strenuous on his mom, one with more new people, and new mistakes to be made. He knew that he wasn't going to last long, he just hated having another incident on his record, this one arguably worse than before...

Then Aden nodded and it felt like reality was kicked back into motion. It didn't quench his panic or bring him much ease, but it was more encouragement than he'd ever received. He gave a very stiff nod in return before his eyes flicked down to the few things scattered on his desk. He began to quietly gather what he had, shaking as he tried to tidy it up to stall for time. No matter how slow he went though, he had to put his things away eventually. He slid his bag closed, set it on the desk, and then began the brief process of shifting from one seat to another. He couldn't get past the feeling that this was the last time he was ever going to see this classroom, and sitting down in his wheelchair was signing that sentence.

Wordlessly, he slid his bag onto his lap, straightened out the strap, and then began to roll his way down the classroom. He cast a quick and worried glance Aden's way, looking like he wanted to ask for help but also lacked to resolve to do so. As soon as it was there though, it was gone and he'd reached the door.

It wasn't long now until he would have to get used to another entirely new atmosphere... and he was likely to be sent to an even bigger school. He wasn't ready for the responsibility that came with that.

Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgToru was hyper aware of everyone in the classroom, for better and for worst.

She poked at Teru, hoping beyond hope that she was only pretending to be asleep. Joe's sudden accident caused her to flinch, but thankfully that Ashley girl had been quick to go over to him. Toru breathed a sigh of relief, she'd spotted him looking their way and hadn't been ready to risk responding without her sister to back her up. But she knew the slippery slope that was social interaction, and knew the even slipperier slope that was her attempt to avoid it. If he spoke to them, she'd probably choke up or panic or some other unsightly thing, then the concern that had been flitting around the school would've been diverted in their direction, provoking others to say something.

It as times like this that Toru regretted that she wasn't controlling the legs, she could've planted them on the opposite side of the room from everyone even if Teru was sleeping. Alas, she knew that she'd only use them to keep away from others, to run. Her sister wasn't like that... she used their legs to move forwards first instead of fleeing.

That thought made her pause right as she was planning to poke Teru again. Eyes wandering to her, Toru sighed as she reached her arms around herself to hug the both of them. With Joe suitably distracted by Ashley, Toru may have even relented in their seating arrangement if that paper plane hadn't come out of nowhere. She flinched violently at the appearance of such a thing, just barely keeping from cracking the back of her head against Teru's.

It had come from Alex, it had to have. And just like that Toru was back to trying to not so-subtly wake up her sibling. But Teru wasn't actually asleep, she was just quietly listening to the actions of their classmates. As she heard them talk, a pout formed on her face. She wasn't exactly dissapointed, but she did find herself growing disillusioned somewhat. She'd been hoping a week would be long enough for most students to finish airing out their grievances over what happened, but apparently it wasn't.

"Geez, so many dramatics around here." she said, her words causing Toru to halt in her attempts "Too tense, too sad, far too under-stated."

Leaning up in her seat from her position, Teru drummed her hands on the satchel before her as her eyes went to Joe and Ashley, "I often love displays of concern, its perfect learning material for this one back here."

She jerked a thumb to Toru as she stood from her seat, "H-Hey!"

"However,"
Teru craned her neck to look from them to Alex and everyone in between "I've spent enough time with the woeful to know a good bit of cheer and casual discourse can also go a long way in aiding heavy hearts."

Raising a finger, she placed one foot on the seat beside her and pointed to the ceiling, "And since that Acid girl seems like the self-deprecating type, I wouldn't want her seeing any of you and blaming herself for perceived discomforts. So allow me to announce the Kaizanni standardized Gossip forum."

"What?" Toru looked confused "H-How would that-?"

"As the proponent of the motion, I shall take care to start us off." Teru clapped her hands in front of her before gesturing to herself "I just so happened to have had a lovely omelette for breakfast, more meaty than the average omelette but I've always preferred the bacon and sausage over the pancakes and eggs."

Toru glanced around in confusion, "Why are we... suddenly d-discussing meals?"

Teru jerked a thumb back towards her sister, "My adorable baby sis on the other hand, has been sticking to toast and eggs over the last week. Fast and easy to consume, doesn't like staying from her work for long."

Toru's face went red, even though she didn't really understand why. It was just what she ate in the morning, but hearing any information about her being given out like that felt odd. Was it not normal to eat like that? She liked to think she'd covered her basic nutritional intake, but now she wasn't so sure.

"So what about the rest of you?" Teru looked around the classroom with a curious grin "Anyone else been keeping a hearty breakfast in mind?"

Called to the principal's, not fantastic.

However, Nikkolaüs thought to do his research as always. This Felix kid, slipped his mind. Like he was missing something. Right! Placebo warned him about this kid. Nikkolaüs didn't know why, but considering that he was called seemingly as a key player in now what the students refer to as 'the rain check'. An unfortunate name to say the least, the body seemed to misunderstand the emotional toll it had on his poor Amaryllis. Mine? No, no. Regardless, if Placebo had deemed this Felix important enough to even mention by name, he must be pretty fucking important.

"Victor, give me a list of student's that were present during the incident on the first day of school, cross-reference for a 'Felix'."

Understanding it might be important one day, Nikkolaüs had Victor practice developing on the spot code siphons by using a combination of Q-learning and Neural Networking. Breaking HTTP servers, proxys, firewalls, peer-to-peer networks, intranet storage. One of the practice subjects, was the school's intranet, five tries. So, Nikkolaüs had effectively infinite access to the schools database, including student rosters.

"I've compiled a list for you sir: one match. Felix Zion."

Felix Zion, Victor flashed his on-files through the ARI. I see! The lad in the chair. Yes, yes. Why was he important, though? Let's see, quirk, quirk, quirk. Aha! Pain Exchange? Can absorb and redirect any form of pain or trauma, physical or emotional!? It--my god--it made so much sense now! The wheel chair, the dead eyes, the closed demeanor. Most importantly however, Amaryllis' outburst, it was him! My, he must feel terrible, no doubt. There was an entire party of the injured Nikkolaüs didn't account for. Where was this Felix's support, or reassurance? Nikkolaüs and Ashley did the best they could to help her--and he was grateful to Ashley for it, a guardian angel she was. Felix though, who did he have? Nikkolaüs didn't know, but he knew he would try. Of course, he first needed to go see whatever, whoever wanted. He wasn't quite paying attention.

He took the torches by his side and walked over the nearby exhaust fan for the building, where he took off the cap and revealed his little hiding place for all his materials. The goggles though, those stayed with him. Maybe, if he showed Amaryllis, it would cheer her up? He'd find out today. He tucked the goggles in a pouch on the side of his bag, and took off to go to (assuredly) the principal's office. If he was quick, maybe he could intercept the two. Offer some words of assurance, undoubtedly what they needed.

Frostbuny Frostbuny EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid

Letting out a loud yawn, Alex slumped into his chair in a tired manner. Man, this class was somewhat boring today. Nothing much was happening. So he started to think of an escape plan. Maybe to a cupboard or Something? Who knows. Either way, Alex wasn’t sticking around. His paper only had the date on. And now his arms where around his neck.

Though now he was just watching class mates, he noticed a girl now talking to Joe and Toru and Teru talking about something. Maybe he should just fall asleep for a bit. He had nothing better to do. Well doing work was important but this was just a boring class, at last today it was.

Though before he could go to sleep. Alex grabbed a hoodie from hia bag and put it on. That way he could use the hood as a comfortable resting place for his head. And he didn't have to worry about. Seeping in a weird position. But before he could close his eyes. He received a note back from Joe telling him he was ok. Well that was good but Alex didn’t reply, Joe seemed to be occupied by a girl now so he decided to leave them.

Alex’s attention then focused to Teru and Toru who where talking about food. Alex hadn’t been paying much attention to what they where talking about. But food was now mentioned? “Who eats breakfast ?” Alex replies In a confused manner, not really understanding why everyone was being asked this. Was it like a survey or something ? Or was that today’s work ? He didn’t know. But now he didn’t feel like sleeping so instead he got his note book out and started to write cords down.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Narcissus Malfoy Narcissus Malfoy Nessi Nessi

Aqua Florentine
790779e1e1a7ef9bd287f526fec0eec2.jpg
The reaction she got from her entrance seemed to be a little bit of annoyance but mostly confusion which was to be expected. However she had hoped it would have spurred someone to talk to her, she even made sure the throw in the embarrassing detail of being hit by a truck for a conversation starter but as soon as she entered and her little introduction was done the rest of the classroom went back to their previous conversations or work. Aqua was slightly disappointed by her failure of an entrance but at the same time, she had managed to introduce herself to all her classmates over the next few years so not all was lost. Taking the seat that she had arrived at, she heard a simple greeting come from one of two male's, so she returned it with a simple wave directed towards the duo however whichever one it that greeted her swiftly returned to their conversation at hand.

Aqua placed her bag on the desk and pulled out three bottles of water placing them all on the corner of her desk before taking out the supplies she guessed she would need for today, a pen, a pencil and a notepad placing them in the centre of the dest. She hadn't been paying all that much attention to her surroundings just being in her own little bubble from the second she sat down, but snippets of the conversation coming from the two gentlemen next to her kept creeping into her ears and the more she heard the more interested she got. The conversation with no knowledge on the topic at hand was rather difficult to follow the name names being thrown in definitely did not help. The conversation at first was phrased in a way that made it sound like they were lovers that had argued, but that was swiftly crushed as more and more of the conversation reached Aqua's ears.

It was then that Aqua's curiosity peaked the mention of 'that day', sure she knew enough about the event but she only knew vague details this person talking had been there and knew what had happened. Aqua listened intensely, she knew eavesdropping was a dirty hobby but it was their fault for having such an interesting conversation going. With a slight huff, the small girl sat up while having an internal argument on eavesdropping the conversation had ended and she had missed the end of it. A small announcement had been spoken through the school's loudspeaker summoning one of the names she had heard spoken during her eavesdropping, Amaryllis Kavlev and possibly two if Nikk's real name was Nikkolaüs which could mean that one of those two males was Felix. Aqua's eyes darted between the two before one of them finally left the classroom a bright smile covered Aqua's face she had discovered her first classmate's name, Felix Zion, she was proud even if she did do it using underhanded methods.

Aqua quickly realised how boring class time was going to be today, her fears outside the school grounds came into fruition everyone did seem to have their own friendship groups and everyone seemed fine with keeping it that way. Still Aqua kept a bright smile on her face she had years to make friends there was no point rushing into it and even if she couldn't make any friends she had the one thing she needed already. Reaching to the edge of her desk, she picked up and opened one of her bottles of water and began drinking it. The refreshing taste of H2O was always something that no matter what mood she was in would always keep her happy. The bottle got emptier and emptier until finally, it was empty causing a squeal of delight to leave her mouth. The squeal was for two reasons the first was the water it is her main source of nutrition so every sip breathed new life into her. The second reason was her pure excitement for what the day had in store for her which quickly overcame any fear or nerves she had.

"Oh Yeah I can try to help you take notes, they may be a little messy cause I don't write with my right hand but I can make copies for you!" SHe was happy to help Amie but she couldn't figure out why the other girl had stopped midsentence. Maddie frowned slightly as she heard Amie's name get called to come to the front office, it didn't help that the tugging at her heart when she just stopped talking. It was like she didn't want to be around her anymore. Was it because of her burn? Did she really think that Madeline would be mad at her because of an accident or was it that she didn't want to see her hurt? Either way, it hurt to the core, she just wanted to be there for her. She waved slightly as she walked out of the classroom and went back to her seat, I just wanted to help her, maybe it's just too much right now yeah that's gotta be it. She thought to herself as she sat back down and pulled out a notebook and started messily copying notes off the board.

Frostbuny Frostbuny and the other sophmores? >.<

Nikkolaüs had made it first, though he didn't quite wrap his head around how. Of course, before going in to meet Mister Wilson, he'd wait for his two compatriots. He did want to have some words with them. If only to help them feel better than the did, which he imagined wasn't the best. Also, to understand this Felix character, there was so much he didn't know. But from what he could gather, he reasoned that fashioning up some kind of dampener to tap into the spinal chord and--no, it was too much to get into considering he didn't understand his situation very much. All he could do right now was wait.

Amaryllis

She saw Nikkolaüs outside the door the office. Amie's instant reaction was the deep urge to turn and walk away. But she needed to focus on the task at hand. She should have wore a face mask to school, but that might have been weirder and drawn more attention. She covered her face with her hand again as she approached, her eyes turned down to the white and yellow tiles under her feet. She didn't know what to say, or if she should even say anything. It was a strange mixture between the static of her anxiety and the weird butterflies that keep playing around in her stomach. Amaryllis needed to face her reality, whether she liked it or not. If she couldn't even show her hero, Nikkolaüs, her face, then how did she plan to go into the public eye with these scars? She had no choice.

Amie dropped her hand. She felt the warmth pooling in her cheeks, but she paid it no mind. "Thank you, Nikkolaüs," she said, her voice carrying little weight. "I would have ended up even worse if you didn't save me." She rubbed her arms for comfort. She was not someone who could bravely speak her mind like this. Amie did not want to admit it, but that day had scarred her. Not only physically, but mentally. She was now a new person, someone she never dreamed of being. Her soul was hardened, her spirit was dull. Without another word to the boy, she entered the office with a heavy heart. If she wanted to be a hero, she needed to get stronger. She needed to overcome her trauma.

Red Web

The students arrived punctually. First was Amaryllis. Jet noticed the scars on her face almost immediately, and he felt a little bad that it was the first thing his eyes were drawn to. Usually Pro Heroes didn't get banged up that bad until they have had their first encounter or so with a villain. He worried Miss Kavlev would only have more by the time she graduated. He gestured for her to take one of the seats in front of the principal. She did so with extreme hesitation. She put her bag on her lap and hugged it tightly. Jet didn't need to use his quirk to understand she did it for reassurance.

Behind her the other two students followed. One was Felix. He was in his wheelchair. Jet did his proper research on this student, and he was aware that he did not have a physical disability. His quirk was the cause of his handicap. His face was forlorn as he rolled in. Jet wondered why Felix was even in public school; his quirk was not made for large crowds. It was interesting enough that he wanted to be a hero.

The other student was Nikkolaüs. Jet couldn't stop himself from audibly sighing as the young man came into the room. He had plenty to read about with him. Trion documented almost his every prized moment with Nikkolaüs. He was a successful creator, Jet would not rob him of that title. However, many students at this school were amazing creators. Trion's bias made his every observation and compliment skewed and undesired. The boy before him was a symbol of being fed success; Jet hoped he could use that privileged upbringing to make himself an excellent hero.

He eyed all three of them with as stern a look as he could muster. Even as he gazed at them, he could only see three babies that got into a little trouble. "Listen you three," Jet started. "What happened last Monday. I need you all to know. It wasn't your fault." He leaned on the principal's desk. Beaufort was out doing his morning walks around the school, and he gave Jet permission to use his desk. He saw Amaryllis squirm at the thought of this. "No one in this room is at fault. We should have been supervising your groups a little more closely. We could have never predicted that you two would be paired up," he said, pointing at Amaryllis and Felix. "You two just so happen to have extremely compatible quirks. The amount of grief and frustration that was inspired in Amaryllis by one of our staff was overwhelming, right Felix?" Jet hoped that speaking a little more informally to them would make them more comfortable with the situation. "Now don't get me wrong. What you three did was dangerous. Many students were hurt. Including yourselves, I see. With this being said. You will be disciplined for your actions, all three of you."

Jet grabbed the three papers he printed off prior and handed it to each of them.

We're-Sorry-For-Burning-the-Field Mega Project

Task: Work together as a team to reign in control of your quirks and abilities to form an effective unit.

You will be graded on time spent working on the project, the output of your combined efforts, and the overall success it has on each of you.

You will be working on this project on your own time. However, for an hour after school everyday, you will be kept to work on the field you destroyed. If there is failure to comply, there will be disciplinary repercussions.

There was more listed on the paper, but that was the most important details at the top. The rest of it had time slots for them to write in the hours they had put into the project. Beside each day was a signature line for Jet to write off that they worked on the field. He had talked this over with Beaufort and the school board. This was an alternative to leaving a permanent mark in their files, and he didn't want these students to forever carry the negative weight of what they had gone through. Amaryllis at the very least already had that reminder on her face.

"Please read this over, and give me your input," Jet requested.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001 EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid

It was a disgusting look, Mister Wilson gave him. Nikkolaüs was already not a fan, but it only got worse. His words and his actions were in conflict with one another, and Nikkolaüs could find little words to say. He was angry again, as he is a lot. However, Nikkolaüs found that this time he wan't mad at someone, but for someone.

"Sir, this is unreasonable," Nikkolaüs' tone took on an edge. "You said yourself that both Felix and Amaryllis are lacking in control of their quirks, but you're still going to punish the two for a situation they could not have prevented? Instead of Trion, who instigated the entire incident!?" He popped up from his chair and leaned over the desk, pointing at Red Web. "This is bullshit! The parameters of this project obviously had no thought put into them, but worse so is how you presented it. Penance for hurting others? That's not what's supposed to be on their minds right now." Nikkolaüs plopped back down in his seat, holding his head in his hand. His arm propping up his head on the arm rest. His voice quieted. "Fuck it, I'll do the cleaning myself if I have to, but you're not about to push that kind of burden on these two. Look at them, Wilson! Do they look like they're in the right headspace? They were also hurt by this, moreso than the other students, you seem to forget that."

Felix had settled into a state that would help him remain as calm as possible. He'd already accepted his fate, even if he still wasn't prepared to hear it, so he did all he could to push down his own fear and dying hopes. The worst part about it was that it sounded like he'd dragged two other students down with him - he could only thing of what more harm he was about to cause.

He was desperately trying to convince himself to not feel, to be numb for the incoming interaction, but things kept clashing. Namely, when he saw the other two students. He remembered the boy from the infirmary, how he'd helped- why was he here? He hadn't caused any of this... and then there was Amaryllis. Felix caught one look at her face and had to through his gaze back down to the ground. It wasn't because of how she looked, only because he knew what had caused that. He knew why she was in pain, why she was being dragged here too; this was all his own doing. She might be scarred for life because of him.

Because he couldn't keep control.

He rolled into the office wordlessly - he didn't know either of the two students, and they seemed to be comfortable enough with each other already; he didn't want to impose. Still, as he passed Amie and eventually sat near her, he couldn't stop himself from shaking. It was his own fear reaching the surface, but he dreaded the fact the twinges of anxiety he felt must've been from her. He couldn't let it happen again... it wasn't going to happen again. That left him shaking and afraid, dreading what was about to happen.

When Red Web began to speak however, every expectation slowly began to flip. He hung onto every word, waiting for the final nail in the coffin, but it never came. The man just slowly continued to explain things, making him straighten once or twice when he was singled out in particular - he felt like blame was going to come his way sooner or later, but it hadn't shown its face yet. He watched as the papers fluttered into view, and he felt like his heart was about to stop.

He could've cried when he realized the discipline wasn't expulsion, but just work to make up for the damage they'd caused. Felix knew it was going to be difficult for him to help, but if it was the cost, he would do everything in his power to make that field look the best it ever had. What he'd just been given was a chance, one of so few he'd ever been given. It was hard to focus behind the relief, but he could be better, he could learn- he still had the chance to be more. It was all he could've asked for in the light of what happened. He was fully ready to accept the discipline without question, fearing that the opportunity would be taken away if he didn't act in time.

Then the other boy started to speak. Felix expected to here questions an maybe a small retort given the other's tone, but that wasn't what ended up happening. He was... complaining. Complaining about how the lack of control wasn't their fault. This was something he understood all too well. The other boy, who must have been Nikkolaüs, he had it all wrong... He would've been angry in response if his fear hadn't drained him so quickly. This man had the luxury of saying it 'wasn't anyone's fault for losing control of their quirk,' when the fact remained that people were hurt because of it. The world was different now than what they were given in their history books; everyone had to be responsible for their quirk like they would be their own strength-

"You don't get it," Felix eventually said quietly, regretting it as soon as he spoke.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Frostbuny Frostbuny

Red Web

"You listen here, you ignorant child," Jet's voice took on a deeper register. He leaned in close to Nikkolaüs, his narrowed eyes on his level. "I see you care very deeply for these two. It's apparent. What you failed to realize is just how deeply I care for you as well. You want to talk about burdens, Nikkolaüs? If they don't accept this assignment, this incident will permanently be on their record. This will impede their ability to become pro heroes because no agency wants to hire a reckless student with a history of hurting almost an entire population of students."

Jet had heard Felix's words, and he understood immediately. He could practically feel the worry that was slipping off his skin in waves. Felix was the student Jet was most worried about. He had caused Amaryllis' outburst. No, Jet interrupted his own thoughts. He was not the cause, only a part of it. It was not his fault, and Jet will not put blame on him. Amaryllis stood abruptly in her seat. Her legs were shaking, and she was gripping the paper so tightly it was crinkling around her grip. Jet was about to ask her if there was an issue, but she turned her gaze onto Nikkolaüs with a teary scowl.

"Nikkolaüs you are so- so- so selfish!" Amaryllis snapped. She pointed at her face aggressively, her hand - all bandaged up - was trembling. "I will never live this down. I will never be able to get rid of this. The last thing I need is for my dreams to be ruined because I lost control of my quirk! I will take on this project, and I will grow stronger from it. Thank you for saving me, I'm so fucking grateful. But don't think for a second, Nikkolaüs Butler, that I'm not a hero in training too. I'm not some weak little girl that needs your help fucking gardening."

Amaryllis began to ruffle through her bag, and she pulled out a tiny glass vial. She put it under one of her eyes, and the tears began to fill it up. Jet could sense an unwavering strength within her. She was scared, she was sad. Her whole body trembled, and her eyes spouted toxic tears. But she still had the power left in her to stand and speak her mind. Amaryllis had potential, and it further proved to Jet that this program was a good decision. She sat back down and clenched the vial close to her face.

"With that said," Jet took the chance to continue speaking. "You three will work together. You will be in constant communication with me, whether you like it or not," he eyed Nikkolaüs, "And hopefully something good will come out of this for all three of you. You may return to your classes now. Come straight to the field after school. Understood?"

Amaryllis nodded, trying to smooth out her paper again with one hand while collecting her tears with the other. She's strong. Jet felt pride.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001 EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid

Perhaps, they were right. He had no room to defend them. He couldn't aide them with the control of their quirks, maybe if he had one, he would be able to. But he didn't. What now? They both disagreed with him; well yeah, perhaps he was just a disagreeable person.

Selfish, that he was without a doubt. He lightly palmed the pocket on his bag, the one that held the tear taps he was making for Amaryllis. What if--what if she doesn't accept them? That, well yeah, that would hurt. Maybe he should just keep them to himself. Without another word to the group, he stood from his seat and took to the door out into the hallway. He was already halfway out the door when he thought to mention--

"Amaryllis, your scars. I think they speak well to who you are, and no person who would wear their heart on their sleeve wouldn't be a good hero. I'll--uh--I'll see you two after school then." He solemnly closed the door behind him.

"Barometric pressure?"

"Ten-fifty-eight, sir."

"Right, back to work."

Felix was glad that the conversation went on without really focusing on him. He knew he couldn't handle the pressure right now, Amie's little speech after him proved that. Given that her emotions were passionate rather than draining, he only felt a little of what she was feeling, but that alone was still enough to bring tears to his eyes. He tried to blink them away, but when that proved to be fruitless he quickly wiped them away with his finger tips. He looked back up as Red Web spoke, trying to remain as calm as possible through his own wave of emotions - everything just moved so quickly, even if it was favorable for once.

He nodded without hesitation when the teacher asked for their comprehension; he was willing to do just about anything to not have another strike on his record. With the circumstances, what Red Web was asking them to do was also more than fair in his eyes. Heroes needed to understand damage control and responsibility, right? This would just be another step in the right direction. It didn't really help the underlying issue of it all, but Felix already knew that he was on his own there.

The boy continued to watch quietly as Nikkolaüs said his goodbye and left the room - as expected, the other two sounded like they were going to get along well, even with the outburst. High emotions bring high reactions, and while he may have disagreed with the other student, it was hard to blame him for how he felt. It just left Felix feeling lonely, but that was hardly new. The feeling was easy to bury, to keep out of sight and out of mind. For now, he merely turned back to Red Web, and said in quiet gratitude, "Thank you."

Yakov011001 Yakov011001 Frostbuny Frostbuny

Amaryllis

She wasn't quite seething, but anger still flowed through the marrow in her bones. She couldn't believe Nikkolaüs had the audacity to speak for her like she was some- some child. She put the little tear bottle away in her pocket, and grabbed her bag. "I'm sorry for my outburst, Mr. Web," she apologized to her teacher. He nodded, a kind smile warming his face. She walked back to class with him, her head hanging low as they made their way through the hall. His steps were heavy beside her own; he walked with authority and confidence.

"You know Amaryllis," Red Web said. Amie looked up at him. He still had a kind smile on his face. "Nikkolaüs wasn't wrong. Those scars on your face are powerful. Every villain that looks at you will quiver in fear. At the sight of such a young girl who's experienced far scarier than them."

Amie felt so reassured by his words. She had reasons to not hate her scars - both Red Web and Nikkolaüs had proven this to her. She took short steps into the classroom, keeping her head down and not meeting anyone's eyes. She still didn't have the confidence to raise her head. She could still hear whispers, and she knew they were looking.

Amaryllis sat near the back of the room again. The sooner the day passed by, the better. She needed to go rest some more, and she needed to ease the anxieties of people looking at her scars. Red Web demanded everybody take their seats and he began to go over the day's lesson. Amaryllis tried to listen, but her brain was everywhere else. She was thinking about Nikkolaüs, and the pretty way he worded things when he spoke to her. He was angry because he was worried about her, she knew that. It was coming from a good place in his heart. She needed to fix her problem with her emotions. Figure out what stupid chemical imbalance was making her feelings spike and fall the way that they always do.

Most importantly, she needed to start making a list of all the people she owed proper apologies. Starting with Madeline.

MegMath13 MegMath13

Block Buster
Mentions: Rhino Schneider Rhino Schneider

"Good morning, class!" Block Buster began, the relatively larger than life teacher making his way into the class and to the front. He never formally taught the kids to stand up and return the greeting, but he appreciated those that did so anyway. He scanned the room, wanting to see if anyone would have been late. There haven't been much absences, but he guesses, not hopes, that there would be regular absentees when a month passes by. Speaking of absences, a seat was missing its owner and the wheelchair beside it, Block Buster understandably remembering that this student was called. He didn't have time to begin wondering why one of his students would be concerned with what he assumed to be Red Web discussing about the incident, so he continued. Just a little bit past that seat, however, was a new face. He checked his own list.

"Aqua Florentine! Glad you could finally join us! Everyone, do welcome her to the class. She has had an incident, so she could only have started attending today." Block Buster began, the students already having heard even more details from Aqua herself regarding this. "... and I'm gonna have you sit with... over there." Block Buster said, pointing to a seat at the front, coincidentally nearby Aden. "You all are going to have to share your notes with her until she can catch up to our lessons... and you're also gonna have to sit near the front so I can see you. I barely just missed ya earlier!" Block Buster began. Once the student would make their way to the seat he assigned, actually, regardless since he wanted to start as he finished anyway, he turned around and began writing at the board with his interesting, somewhat large handwriting that some students might have something to say a thing or two about.

Nikkolaüs stood on the edge of the roof, looking down onto the ruins that were once considered a courtyard. His head trailed down to the tear taps in his open hand. She doesn't need my help, she said it herself. I can respect that. Nikkolaüs closed his fist over the taps and reeled his hand back. Just toss them out there, she doesn't know any better. She'll probably just see them as stray trash or debris from the incident and throw it away. That'll be the end of it. Taking a deep breath, Nikkolaüs pulled his whole body back and then lurched forward to put his whole body weight into tossing those taps. But he couldn't bring himself to let go. Instead he just let out that deep breath he had held, and he took a seat at the edge of the roof, feet dangling off the edge. Then he fell back, laying down on his back and looking to the sky.

"If you're going to jump off, hurry it up. I don't want to be late for my twelve 'o clock."

"Ha, ha, very funny," His tone was sarcastic, well as sarcastic as his naturally-sarcastic voice could get. "What're you doing here? Your teaching licence was suspended."

"You know I'm not really here."

Placebo was not here, and Nikkolaüs did know that. This was just a fake, a placebo Placebo if you will. Nikkolaüs knew this was coming, as he had seen the subliminal messaging Trion had used to plant this fake in his brain on the ride to school.

"Alright, what'd'you want? Out with it."

"I didn't want anything, until now at least. I want to know, why are you giving up?"

Giving up? I see. I guess I am. Nikkolaüs was just content to go home and put the taps in a safe where he would soon forget them; well, not content, but as close as he could get.

"You seem to be so caught up in what she wants, you forget to take into account what you want."

"I have empathy, Trion. That's why. Of course you wouldn't understand that." Nikkolaüs turned to let his tone really bite him. "If it's what she wants, who am I to take that from her?"

"I think what you really want, is her."

What? What kind of notion was that? He hardly knew her, but he supposed that he could get to know her better. Yeah, that's all he really wanted. He just wanted to be friends with her, and that if he tried going any further he would undoubtedly screw it up. Not unlike how he already had.

"Maybe she should see them, you can't truly disqualify yourself until you've seen the valourous white knight she's seen." Placebo's tone tuned tender for just a moment, before he vanished into the air. Like he never existed in the first place.

Nikkolaüs sighed at his disappearing act, he was like a wise mentor who gave him riddles before dying--except he wasn't wise, or really a good mentor figure. Regardless, Nikkolaüs was just left confused, which is good? He wasn't sad anymore, not like he was. Taking one more look down to the courtyard again, he stood from where he sat. Almost lunch. Perhaps I should get a head start on the other two, this work really didn't need to be put on them to begin with. Amaryllis was right, Nikkolaüs was selfish; so he was going to selfishly do what he wants. He'll do the work himself in secret, so the other two have less to deal with. That's what he wanted. Now, to get down there. He could take the stairs, that would be boring though. Nikkolaüs deployed his suit, as the combination of ion thrust and the boots' impact compensation would make the fall seem like it was only three feet.

"Incoming." He lazily called down to the ground before hopping off to begin his work for the day.

Aqua Florentine
chKtgSo.jpg
It was just as Aqua thought class hadn't even started and she was already bored, the lack of social interaction and with the interesting conversation from earlier having ended a few minutes ago she had nothing interesting to do but sit in silence and wait, something the girl wasn't great at doing. Aqua's eyes glanced at the second bottle of water on her desk she was tempted but she only had the three, one of which had already been drunk, to last her until she could get a refill but the other two bottles were just there teasing her. Her left hand slowly reached forward before she stopped it with her right hand and after a few minutes of fighting with herself her right arm finally won and the bottle was safe...for now or was it. Suddenly her left arm reached out and grabbed the bottle and the right arm was too slow to react. The cap slowly began to be opened but then the right arm saved the day and retrieved the bottle, she spent the next few minutes going back and forth fighting with her hands in an attempt to entertain herself creating an immense imaginary fight between hero and villain.

Her tactic worked and by the time she had actually begun paying attention again, it seemed the teacher had just arrived. Jumping out of her seat the tiny girl realised she actually made it hard for her to be seen but nevertheless it was good manners to greet the teacher in such a way and it seemed a few of her classmates thought the same. Aqua glanced at the front of the class before the teacher begun to speak and only then did she notice who it was. It was Block Buster and Aqua couldn't have been happier she actually had no idea who was in charge of her class but to find out that it was her favourite hero's she was overjoyed. It was Block Buster's constant quoting of movies that had spurred Aqua to do something similar but less frequently with famous quotes but Aqua does it with a twist and slightly rewording them to fit the situation better.

As Aqua's name was mentioned, she raised her hand and waved at everyone, she may have already greeted them but the ball of energy would never turn down a second introduction. Aqua was slightly disappointed at the seating change she had already set up her desk in her ideal way not to mention a backseat desk meant an easier sleep with less chance of being spotted, but who was she to turn down the great Block Buster. "Aww and here I thought I would just be able to hide away, why you got to ruin it meanie." Aqua spoke her voice full of very clear sarcasm as she stuck her tongue out at Block Buster, but that was the only thing she had to say on the matter as she quickly jumped out of her seat and moved to the indicated desk.

Aqua spent the first few seconds of class resetting up her desk, the three water bottles including the empty one set up in the right corner and her pen, pencil and notepad all in the centre. The class started and Aqua glanced around at her new seating companions and one of them caught her eye, it was one of two males before...whose name she had no idea of but she knew it wasn't Felix. Aqua had a dilemma to face does she pay attention to the one and only Block Buster and his rather boring lesson or does she interact with not Felix? At this point it was a rhetorical question the girl was craving social interaction other than her parents for a brief few minutes, introducing herself to the class and giving a little bit of sass towards Block Buster she had not talked to anyone and that had made the morning incredibly dull.

Aqua turned and leaned into to not Felix. "Psst...Psst." Aqua began making a quiet noise trying to get his attention without getting the rest of the classes. The second that he seemed to have noticed the small girls attempt to get his attention. "Hey, Not Felix mind if I borrow your notes I'm kind of lost right now." Aqua spoke in a quiet yet cheerful voice before she noticed exactly what she said. She totally just called him not Felix to his face, the second this realization hit her she retreated fully back into her seat hiding her face in her hands a pair of rosy red checks being hidden underneath. She was fighting the urge to not curl up and hide in her natural form. "Fantastic job at social interaction you idiot, how embarrassing could you be." She thought to herself before she quietly began counting down. "Three, Two, One." After the count down she took a deep breath and removed her hands, her rosy red checks still on show and the usual smile covering her fact just like nothing had happened. Perhaps he didn't hear was the only thing ringing in her mind.

Interactions: Computing Magus Computing Magus

Name: Aden Sycamore
Mentions: Rhino Schneider Rhino Schneider

Aden looked towards the front from his usual deep thinking to see that their teacher, Block Buster, has made an entrance to the classroom. Aden learned to nod towards people to slightly signify to them that he acknowledged their presence. Aden was at least fine if someone would greet him like that, so he thought that others might as well. Block Buster eyed the class before settling in on the new girl Aden almost forgot about (who was he kidding; no one would forget an entrance like that). He reintroduced Aqua as he saw her, as Aqua repeated her bright gestures of greetings. One thing led to another, and she was to be seated at the front, particularly next to Aden.

Aden would have liked to nod at her direction again, but he felt that would be repetitive of him, so he continued to listen as the class began. It was just as Aden thought. Hero class wouldn't be much action related for a while.

Aden brought at some of the materials he needed, and heard it. Looking towards where he thought he heard the noise, he saw the girl called Aqua. She then called him by the particular name of 'Not Felix', asking for his notes. Aden didn't have time to react as she suddenly seemed to have turned away back to her seat. Aden merely raised a eyebrow, finding the nickname... kinda funny? Aden did a tiny grin from the thought that he was associated to Felix so much like that.

Aden shrugged his shoulders and went for his binder notebook of sorts, pulling out a smaller notebook from inside and tossing it to... before he did, he decided to just hold it out to her to receive, since it seemed she already had some stuff on her desk, and particularly Aden eyed the three bottles that might easily topple over if he continued. Aden thought she must have easily dehydrated or something. Aden kind of wanted to say something, but didn't want to disturb Block Buster or be heard by someone else. Still, he gave it a shot.

"Just pass it back to me when your done." Aden simply said. It wasn't exciting, he thought, and something he regretted. No matter. Aden simply took out a pad of paper instead, he thought he might just rewrite all what he needed later. Or just fold and tape the pages to his notebook. Whichever one was appropriate to his motivation that's gonna arrive soon.

Aden wondered in between moments of not writing whatever things Felix, Amaryllis, and Nikkolaus were being told or being told to do. The word expelled shot to his mind, but they were already here for a week for that, and Nikk wouldn't be expelled since he saved Amie. Unless that was in fact what was gonna happen, and Nikkolaus was just there for whatever. Aden tried to keep his hopes up regarding that matter, but it just seemed grim to him. He wasn't sure if he was gonna be able to pry out the information from Felix when he returned.

... if he retuned. Aden groaned from the pain of enduring his stupid thoughts, and decided to just ignore that for now and listen to the lesson, to which he already missed some from thinking about what he did. Another groan emits from Aden.

She sat there after copying notes twice, once for herself and once for Amie, when Amie came back in and sat at the back of the room, she stood up and went back to sit next to her. She gently placed the paper on Amie's Desk and smiled at her. "I went ahead and made a copy of the notes for you Amie. You know, those scars just make me think that you went through something great, and made It through because even if you don't like them, I think that they're cute." She said softly as she turned her head away from her and back to her notebook. She didn't know why she had said what she said but it was like she couldn't stop herself. She wanted to make Amie feel like she was beautiful no matter what. She just wanted to be her friend, maybe more but that was something that she pushed back, her feelings didn't matter as long as Amie was happy.

Frostbuny Frostbuny >.<

Gwendolyn Cox
Tags:
Frostbuny Frostbuny (Open)
v8YQO8A.png

A week later and things seemed to be settling in back to normal, the girl had managed to keep up the act of nothing out of the ordinary happened to the school to her parents, not that they had much convincing to do with both of them busier with hectic work schedules and parties than her schooling. It did make the interception all the easier however and she had long since mastered her parent's signatures to finish off the act leaving people none the wiser. The more concerning part was the acid girl, given she really didn't know where she lived to check up on her had been somewhat difficult outside of school meaning she simply had to wait for her return and rely on what she could overhear from the others.

This brought her through to classroom, once more forgoing the door and instead of the more direct route to sit down at her claimed desk which had already been convicted in a myriad of black ink designs leaving little room uncovered, well at least until she decided to swap the marker color. Her seat near the back did give a good view of the room around her allowing them to sit reclining in a relaxed fashion as the others go about there interactions. She craned her neck over to Amie however once she had entered to look them over "Well here I was thinking you were going to have a full face mask, a bit disappointing it healed so well since that would have been cool, scars are sick...dont have any myself, not from lack of trying so little jealous" letting a wide grin come over her features as she stares at them. "Also better pick up that head before I cover your desk in gum or ink or something so you cant keep it down there" a idle gesture with her fingers in a raising motion.

"I mean come on you got some time off school and now your back, what's the issue?" turning to the intercome as the announcement came over for her "Ok...that could be a issue, but do what id do, plead the fifth, you had nothing to do with it and you can't prove it, It was a clone made by a crazy villains quirk" waving her off as she leaves for the principal. Leaning back she looks around once more as the lesson goes on with paying a little attention before the return of Amie which she throws a wave too to welcome her back.

Amaryllis

Madeline was quick to rush over to her, and she was eager to give her the notes. Amie took them with a little blush. Her penmanship was beautiful; Amie could only dream of being able to have the patience to fully write down every letter with care. She took a deep breath and felt it expand her chest. She needed to be brave. She needed to be confident. Amaryllis found the courage to look up at Madeline. Her sweet smile, her caring eyes. "Thank you," she whispered out, the words delicate as they floated in the air and reached the other girl's ears. Madeline then complimented the scars on her face, and Amie felt the heat burn its way through her cheeks. She tried to stutter out any words of objection she could mutter, but she was instead left a flustered, mumbling mess. She covered her face again, hiding the permanent tear drops on her face from view.

She took more deep breaths. Anxiety punched her in the chest and made it so much harder for her to breathe. "H-Hey ya'll," Amie began to address the two girls sitting beside her. "I want to apologize. For everything that happened last Monday. I hurt you guys, I hurt a lot of people. I'm just so sorry." She hunched her shoulders and leaned on the top of the desk with her elbows for support. She didn't want to hand them empty words and expect forgiveness. She needed to prove herself to them, prove that she means what she says. "If there's any way I can make it up to ya'll. Please tell me. I'll do anything."

She wanted to say almost anything. Amie didn't know what kind of trouble Gwendolyn could get her into, so she mentally prepared herself to turn down any crazy scheme the gecko girl could propose.

MegMath13 MegMath13 PlusUltra PlusUltra

Aqua Florentine
anjela-rivera-rimuru.jpg
Aqua did her best to ignore the whole situation, the hope that he didn't hear her still rang in her mind but then the voice of not Felix rang in her ears, he heard, he totally heard the rosy red checks that had been slowly returning to their natural colour returned to their tinted state but yet no mention on the comment. Aqua was expecting some sort of reaction to the nickname but she got nothing thankfully, perhaps he didn't hear it or perhaps he just didn't care or maybe, just maybe his name was really not Felix the thought made a little giggle escape from her mouth she wasn't sure but she was happy it got no reaction. The Red cheeks fully returned to their natural colour as her cause of embarrassment had been ignored.

"Thank you so much I'll have it back to you tomorrow I promise." Aqua said as she reached over and with a sweet smiled towards not Felix she took the notebook. She really needed to find out his actual name to be able to stop referring to him as not Felix but until that point that's just who he was. Aqua rapidly began reading over the notes, well not quite reading she didn't have time to totally read the rather in-depth notes but she was skimming over the important stuff and copying it down in a much more of a note form than a total rewrite. She stopped once she had enough copied and read over to be able to figure out just what Block Buster was talking about not Felix's notes helped out massively, he seemed like the studious type which meant for the rather simple-minded girl he would be a good friend to make.

Aqua then turned her full attention to the lesson to say this was a hero school so far it had been rather dull, she was hoping to have actual combat training or something of the sorts but given the events of last week it made sense why that was not the case, then again this was only the first class there was still time.

Interactions
Computing Magus Computing Magus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back