• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Eccentric_Undead

Oddity is the mother of creation. Be weird.
323435-anime-Sword_Art_Online-Alfheim_Online.jpg

The world was forever changed with the invention of Alderheim. Gaming had become such a wonderful part of everybody's life, an escape from the drudgery of life. So much so that a wonderful man had an idea. One that would profit everyone. A single game. This game would be the turning point for the entire world. It was the largest project ever suggested and the first of its kind. Most believed that it would be completely impossible, but they were sorely mistaken.

Alderheim became the greatest invention of all time. One game that combined every other game in the world and fully customized them. It was an ambitious project. One that Bethesda, From Software and basically every other major gaming company and creators thought was impossible. There was no way to line up every single game into a place and game that actually functioned properly. The creator, whose identity was unknown, managed to accomplish just that.

Alderheim started slow, only having a few games under its belt, but eventually the popularity grew so much and so did the stock. This allowed Alderheim to systematically purchase rights and set up contracts with each and every game developer, setting them all up until alderheim officially combined every single game. What's more, since the developer was apparently already wealthy, he made sure that alderheim was completely free and able to be played on any system, with any controller. It was the most inclusive game ever created and it wasn't even technically a game.

Alderheim presents itself as a central port, a single massive tree within the cosmos between games. Surrounded by portals and floating cities. Even cities built in rings around the tree. This was called Cosmo Terra. It was the main hub of the entire system. The system did not create a game, but rather put in place complex algorithms that allowed the game and the games connected to alderheim to be fully customizable and interchangeable. If you were connecting through an FPS, you could also pick up a few magic skills from the MMO next door. Or you could upgrade your tech with the Sci-Fi game. It allowed for complete customization and cross-platform play. It regulated stats and in game items so that way they could easily be transported to any game. It created a customized crafting system that mixed any portion of what you wanted into items. If you like the armor you got from playing World of Warcraft, but you want some high-tech stuff from Black ops 3, so long as your character in Alderheim had the crafting skills, it was completely possible. It was the first time that complete and total freedom was built into a game. Your actions had consequences, there was no limit to the customization you could pull off. You could go into any game and not have balance issues. Every build was viable. Every customization was unique. It revolutionized gaming, but it also revolutionized the world.

With the increased popularity of gaming, it became clear that this would be a big sell. So, a player run economy was set up. This economy automatically adjusted depending on what was popular. Eventually, even in-game stock brokers became a thing, since this economy became an influence to the real world economy. Many people begin earning their income directly in game. Jobs within Alderheim became more and more popular. You didn't need a job in the real world, so everything became automated or assigned to robots. Most thought this would be a terrible thing, but Alderheim also had mandatory shut off days, once every week to ensure that people had to spend time in the real world. All of this, combined with the nearly limitless ways to play, made alderheim the greatest creation in human history.

However, Alderheim is also one of the most hardcore and unforgiving games that has ever been created. There is no such thing as a safe zone. There are no save points, there is no save files. Once your character dies, you have to restart. Everything you've earned, everything you've created and even the stats you've poured so much time into are gone. Extra lives are so rare that only three have ever been discovered in the entirety of the game's function. The game will create random field bosses in the other games and even in Cosmo Terra or its floating cities. Nowhere is safe. This function has made this world one of the most challenging and wonderful worlds to live in. People come in droves to have fun and ultimately conquer Alderheim, since Alderheim itself is a massive dungeon with an end goal.

So, this is a massive world that spans over pretty much everything that has to do with gaming. A fully customizable world, skills and abilities able to be transferred from any game you can think of. Pick your favorite games and go wild. This has heavy influences from Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Ready Player One, Overlord and many other places. I wanted to create a world that everyone can enjoy. Little to no restrictions, no balance issues and no need to hold back. The system regulates power based on the game you're in, so you're never going to cause a balance issue. There is also an overarching story that I plan to deliver to you guys in a sort of DnD style. While game mechanics will not be huge in this story, the rule of cool and how you interact with the world is very important. Believe me when I say, your character will not be immortal. Your in-game character can and will probably die. You can boot them back in, but you will not have any of your stuff. I want to give a world that has danger to it. People get really attached to their character in games and I wanted to simulate that.

As far as everything goes, here is what I expect and a few things you need to know:
  • You can customize your character however you want. I honestly don't care if you even make up a game and add systems from that. So long as there is at least one real world video game involved in the character creation. This also includes games from anime or any other source of media you can think of. Sky is the limit.
  • All players choices are their own. I will not tolerate any disrespect towards somebody's choices. That's all up to them and I will regulate if things need to be regulated. Do not attempt to regulate on your own unless I have given you express permission.
  • I understand that life happens, but I would like at least a post every three or four days. With a minimum of two paragraphs. It's no fun if somebody's putting in a lot of effort and you aren't doing the same.
  • To prove you read these, tell me your favorite great artist. I mean painting or sculpting.
  • Depending on how big this gets, I may need to appoint a few rules lawyers. If I or my designated helpers say something, rest assured it has been discussed and thought over, so there is no point in arguing.
  • I understand you might not have enough time to write a massive piece, but I do expect effort to be put into it. If you tell me you can't make the length requirements, that's fine. I just want you to put in a good effort into a post.
  • Just like in other games, I have set up items all throughout this RP. Maybe you'll stumble upon a great piece of armor that will work well for you. Maybe you'll discover a new weapon that you can't use but would fetch a pretty high price. Keep in mind that all items within this game are unique and categorized. All in how you use it and how you build it up. Keep in mind that we will be keeping track of how you build your character, because that will limit the type of items you can use. This doesn't limit customization, but it would be pretty busted if you could use any item at any time. If you build your character for something specific, then other things you won't be able to wield.
  • As far as how your character can play the game, any option is available. It could be on console, pc, augmented reality, virtual reality, full dive systems and the list goes on. If you have an idea for how you'd like your character to play in the game, please feel free to DM me and we will discuss it.
  • Romance is allowed, but please do not make it the focal point of every story you're in. Some people are not into the romance thing, so be mindful of them.

My idea with this was to be able to give people as much creative freedom as possible, while also making sure that the system kept everything in balance and made sure there was no way one could be overpowered. Since the game will automatically adjust any abilities you have to fit within the realm of whatever game you enter, nothing can be broken. It's all equal playing field. Yes, if you're strong, the strength will carry over, but it doesn't mean you will be unaffected by whatever is within that specific game you decided to go into. If you have magical abilities, bullets will still be effective. If you have some sort of bulletproof shield, it might still block a few shots from Magic. Nothing is completely invincible, nothing is completely all powerful. Your choices of gear, equipment and skills is all a factor in how your story progresses.

Build System:
This system is built on classes each class has its own set of benefits and setbacks, but in order to make sure it's simple and easy to construct, the only thing you will need to worry about is your classes.

You are allowed one racial class, each of which can go up to level 15.

Job classes are set up a bit differently. Basic Job Classes go up to 15. Specialized job classes go up to level 10 and finally super tiered classes go up to level five. Be warned, certain specialized and super tier classes require you max out specific job classes below them. Example; you cannot start taking levels in high cleric, until you have maxed out your levels in cleric. Your character will have up to 200 levels, but it is not required to be that high. More details later.

Now, also tell me your favorite fruit.

I want this to be a really fun RP that anybody can enjoy. I don't know how popular it might get, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. This will always be open, it may span a few threads and I might need to recruit some people to help. We will see. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

First of all,Murasaki Shikibu. Second of all,banana.

I'm not sure I'll participate in this just yet,but I'm interested in learning a bit more about the setting and planned plot. Like what races/classes there are,and what the seeds of the overarching plot are.

First of all,Murasaki Shikibu. Second of all,banana.

I'm not sure I'll participate in this just yet,but I'm interested in learning a bit more about the setting and planned plot. Like what races/classes there are,and what the seeds of the overarching plot are.
First off, it's good to see you again. I will answer to the best of my abilities.

First of all, any race, any class and any other little details you can think of are pretty much on the table. The system was specifically built to adjust a character's stats to whatever game they slide into, so really there doesn't need to be any restrictions on character creation. You have full creative control, with me exercising limits when I think you've gone a little bit too far. Other than that, I really don't have any set limits.

As far as plot goes, I have a few in order. Basically, there are several different plot lines that all can run simultaneously. It is very much all about your interactions with the world and people. I have several written down, but I don't exactly want to share them all here. My idea was to have all of you slowly discover them as you go. It's no fun if you know the entire story already. However, I can let you know that there's a lot to dive into. Including how and why alderheim became so large. That's all I'm willing to say though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back