• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Verite

Endearing Misanthrope
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1714948888421.png

Let's find that exit they call Paradise.

Hi hi, name's Verite, but feel free to alternatively call me as Ver or Vera if you'd like. 24 years young, with about twelve years of RP experience. Yeah, I guess that means I've been doing this for almost half my life now. I go by any pronouns, he or she or they, so refer to me as you will. Naturally, LGBTQ+ friendly as well. Big into anime, games, comics, literature, and film/TV, and I take a lot of inspiration from what I read into my writing. Looking to make some friends and get some roleplays rolling, so let's dive right into the nitty gritty.

Me, Myself, and I
  • I use drawn faceclaims, and I would prefer my partners to be able to do the same. Just personal preference. Anime and comics are my go-to aesthetic for reference.
  • I like a good romance, and it's safe to bet that whatever RP we do will likely include it. I can play any gender, from male to female to non-binary, and I can do most kinds of gender pairings, though admittedly I'm by far least accustomed to MxM.
  • I enjoy OOC talk! If I come off overly dry and brusque, it's just part of my brand. I'm honestly aching to make some new friends, so feel free to chat me up at your leisure.
  • On the topic of talking to each other, definitely feel free to contribute your ideas and stuff you wanna do in our brainstorming sessions, and please do pull your weight while planning and plotting. Don't wanna feel like I'm just talking to myself, after all.
  • I write at a literate to advanced-lit level; generally, I write a bare minimum of at least two paragraphs, and I'd like my partners to be able to do the same as well. Depending on the scene at hand and how invested I am, I can of course write way more than that though. Otherwise, I'm not much of a stickler of post lengths; quality over quantity and all that.
  • As far as post frequency goes, I'll be candid, I won't be the fastest poster in the world. I work full time and my motivation tends to come and go, so I certainly can't promise daily posts on a consistent basis, probably little more than a handful a week, but I'll definitely try my best to remain active as can be. I'll be available to talk OOC just about every day though, if you ever wanna just chat. To that end, I live in the States, CST Time Zone, if that helps you at all.
  • That said, I'm ghost friendly. Shit happens, I really do get it.
  • No triggers here. In fact, I rather enjoy exploring all sorts of dark narrative themes, as long as it's presented seriously and with nuance obviously.
  • No matter the setting and plot we go with, I'm always going to play an Asian character. Feels a bit random to specify this but uh, I dunno, I just felt the need to announce this so you're not caught off-guard for whatever reason. It's just how I roll.
  • Partners at least 18 years old much preferred.
  • If you're interested in cooking up an RP with me, feel free to just shoot me a message. Please don't post in this thread.

Original Plots
Here, I'll be outlining original settings and plots to go around, but I'm also wearing on my sleeve that these are heavily inspired by assorted fandoms. Not that knowledge of them will be required by any stretch, but if you do know of them, the namedrops will ideally give you a good idea of what you can expect from the setting and plot.

Inspired by Psycho-Pass and Minority Report

In this cyberpunk dystopian world, the year is 2124. Many of the world's most developed countries are ruled in part by a massive artificial intelligence known as the Oracle Network, jointly created by the various parties of the United Nations. Initially, its purpose was to objectively relieve international tensions amongst the world's superpowers, but now it has since been domestically adopted by a myriad of countries such as the United States, Japan, and others. Able to critically analyze abstract scenarios and people's brain patterns, the Oracle Network is employed as a system that governs many countries from the administrative level to law enforcement.

Thanks to these countries becoming progressively automated and technologically advanced, various divisions of law enforcement have been significantly been downsized in favor of patrol drones taking care of an officer's footwork, and automatic driving cars managed by Oracle nearly erasing the need for a Traffic Department, because auto-driving cars actually work by now. Most pointedly, the Oracle Network is able to read peoples' mental health and emotional stability, quantifying these values into numbers and data to determine the likelihood of them committing a crime, and preemptively arresting those who are deemed too unstable before they can commit any harm. It is with that in mind that there still remains a need for flesh and blood officers, operating under the Precrime Investigation Department.

Officers who work for the Department are categorized into three different types of personnel; Detectives who are in charge of overseeing investigations and field work, Operators who support the Detectives by way of analyzing evidence, data, and other items as needed, and the Hounds, officers who are tasked with protecting the Detectives at all cost. They are typically seen as glorified bodyguards or grunts of the Detectives, but the most controversial aspect of their existence is that most Hounds, in fact, work for the Department against their own will. Though anyone is theoretically free to become a Hound if they so choose, most Hounds are in fact "preemptive criminals," those who are judged as too mentally unstable to participate in normal society and arrested before they even commit a crime, even if they may appear perfectly well-adjusted to the subjective view of other humans. Hounds are forcefully recruited depending on if the preemptive criminal happens to possess skills and mental patterns appropriate for the job, notably an athletic body fit for field work and an ability to understand the criminal mind better than a Detective might be able to. Some might call this strange concept "empathy." Due to the stressful nature of these policing jobs, it is not unusual for a Detective to be demoted to a Hound as well in the grand scheme of things.

With all this set-up for the world in place, I have two potential plot ideas in mind:

1. Muse A is a fresh new Detective for the Department, and Muse B is a Hound (can be also newly recruited or more experienced) who has recently been assigned under the Detective's care. A string of violent crimes has rocked the Department to its core. What did they all have in common? For one thing, the culprits for every crime were quickly discovered and arrested after discovery. The other thing? The Oracle Network had identified them all as being completely mentally stable, which only begs the question; how did all these people manage to circumvent the Network? It's up to the new Detective to get to the bottom of the underlying case behind these incidents at all costs and prove themself as a worthy officer, all the while struggling to get along with their assigned Hound and understand them. However, their investigation soon takes a strange turn as it leads them into a conspiracy that just might threaten the credibility of the very Oracle Network itself.

2. Muse A and Muse B are an experienced Detective and Hound team, having worked together for several years now. Though developing interpersonal relationships with preemptive criminals like Hounds is generally frowned upon, the two have come to foster a genuine trust in each others' character and abilities. However, this relationship is put to the ultimate test when one day, seemingly out of nowhere, the Oracle Network suddenly registers the Detective as a dangerously violent preemptive criminal who must be apprehended at all costs. Betrayed by the system they had fought so hard to uphold for so long and left with no other choice, the Detective is forced on the run, only to be unexpectedly aided by their former Hound, who has also chosen to betray the Department in favor helping the one person who had ever shown them kindness. Together, they must band together and uncover the web of mysteries that has them helplessly entangled, or die trying.

Inspired by Kara no Kyoukai

In a world where the supernatural exists in secret beneath the natural, hidden from the eyes of the average person, Muse A is an occult detective employed by the small-time agency known as Crescent, working tirelessly to protect the world of humanity from supernatural threats, and making sure normal people never become aware of the magical world's existence. On a day like any other, our unassuming detective is met by a new client, Muse B, who claims to be a representative for the Institution, the ruling body of mages who works to protect the normal world from the supernatural, and the very ones who unilaterally decided that the ordinary world must never find out about magic in the first place. The representative requests assistance with a strange case that has afflicted the city over the past week; a string of bizarre serial killings in which each victim appears as though they'd been attacked by a vampire, drained nearly dry of blood, to say nothing of the mysterious disappearances that are no doubt connected to the murders.

Quickly into their investigation however, the two also come across a mysterious yet entrancing figure, Muse C, who also appears to be aware of the case as well, seeming to appear at every other step of their journey, but as to what their connection to it is, who can say? Could they be a third party conducting an investigation of their own, or perhaps even a co-collaborator with the culprit?

Whatever the case, as the darling detective comes closer and closer to reaching the heart of the serial killings, they'll find themselves falling into a plot bigger than they'd initially thought that could affect the landscape of the magical world forever.

In my mind, I'm thinking this has the potential to have a love triangle story, but I'd also be up for doing a sort of poly-relationship story if there are any takers for it.

Inspired by Kamen Rider and Marvel/DC

In a universe where there's always a new superhero making their grand debut or a new supervillain rising from the shadows, this world has long since seen every strange thing that has come their way. Alien invaders that have tried to conquer Earth, time traveling tyrants from the future, diabolical demons from other dimensions, the whole nine yards. But at every turn, the world was saved by the many heroes of the world, most of whom work under the International League of Heroes, or simply the League for short. But this story isn't really about them. It's about the little guys.

For this setting, I have two plot ideas in mind:

1. The clandestine cult known as the Unity might seem just like another fanatical criminal organization, low-level in the grand scheme of things, but to Muse A, they're the group that took everything from them. Once just an ordinary citizen like anyone else, the Unity had kidnapped them and experimented on their body, granting them powers and attempting to brainwash them into becoming a superpowered enforcer of theirs, but at the last moment, our would-be victim managed to escape captivity and flee into the night, unintentionally leaving a trail of destruction in their wake in their temporary confusion and panic.

Muse B is a low-ranking hero in the League. Whereas the most experienced, highest-ranking heroes are tasked with protecting the Earth from potential high-level threats such as international crises, cosmic horrors from outer space, and everything in between, lower-ranking heroes are relegated to street-level responsibilities. Stopping bank robberies, saving the cat from the tree, busting the local mafia syndicate, helping old ladies across the street, and so on. The young hero is initially tasked with investigating Muse A's trail of destruction, but whereas they expected to find a violent villain, instead they found a confused and anguished soul who's ability to live a normal life had been taken from them. After a brief yet potentially explosive misunderstanding, the young hero eventually manages to calm down Muse A and reason with them. After taking the time to hear out their situation, the hero offers to help them track down the Unity and foil their plans, while also trying to show the ropes on how to be a hero and use their new powers for good.

However, they'll come face to face with a great myriad of obstacles on their journey, between League heroes who want to take in Muse A to study, unregistered vigilante heroes who mistake them for villains, and actual villains who just want to make a scene. All this begs the question; without anyone to call upon for help besides each other, do these two young, would-be heroes have what it takes to take down the Unity by themselves?

2. Muse A is a street-level hero who has a bit of a complicated relationship with Muse B, a street-level villain and arguably the young hero's ultimate nemesis. Or maybe "rival" was a better term. Despite the two of them always coming into conflict with each other whenever they met, neither of them seemed to have any true hatred for the other. Every time they'd bumped into each other, the tension between them was always palpable; the mischievous villain would always try to charm the hero into joining them and getting down with their bad self, while the righteous hero would always implore to the villain that it still wasn't too late to renounce their ways and use their powers for good. The villain had even long since found out the hero's real identity, but promised to keep their secret intact as a gesture of honest respect. Their relationship had remained static like this for a while now, until a chance encounter changed everything.

It was all so sudden and out of nowhere. On a night like any other, the hero was hoping to enjoy a peaceful night after a hard day's work, until they began to hear an urgent knocking -- or rather banging -- on their door. Opening it, it was none other than the villain, battered and beaten, who could only look desperately yet frankly in their greatest rival's eyes.

"Sorry. I didn't have anywhere else to go."

So much for that quiet, peaceful night. But just how did the villain end up like that, and how far is the hero willing to go to protect their most heated rival?

Inspired by Trails of Cold Steel and A Certain Magical Index

In this fantasy world of great scientific advancement that lives in co-existence with magic, the two continental superpowers -- the empire in the West known as Wisteria and the republic in the East known as Nikan -- are embroiled in an uneasy, complex relationship with each other that affects even the smaller countries that surround them. Though the two nations hold a heated rivalry with each other in regards to political power and hold, they also maintain mutual interests in continental security and economic growth. The cultural exchanges have also led to both nations' citizens enjoying an appreciation of the world outside their respective homes, but the governments won't admit that part.

Within the borders of Wisteria, Hyperion Military Academy is known to be one of the most prestigious post-secondary schools in the nation. Despite its name, most of its graduates do not actually go on to join the military, but the school does provide its students with life skills and combat experience necessary for a wide assortment of other jobs such as contract adventurers, local or state law enforcement, combat instruction, engineering, and so on. Though long seen as a fraternity club for the wealthy elites, a newly implemented equity program has ensured students of more modest backgrounds to be admitted based on their performance and aptitude in order to make the playing floor more even.

Enter Class 4, the newest class created for these students of less noble origins, though it doesn't take much to notice that they're notably segregated from the rest of the school. Still, while they're here, they may as well get the most out of this supposed prestige education. Much like the rest of the school's student body, Class 4 is split up into squads of four, but with a total of eight students, by far the smallest class in the school, there are only two squads to go around. The story follows Squad A, which consists of Muse A, Muse B, Muse C, and Muse D, one of whom happens to be an exchange student from Nikan, though the other muses are more flexible with what kind of people they can be.

Over the course of their school year, Squad A will come to learn about who they want to be and forge deep bonds with each other, while also touring the country on various field exercise trips to hone their skills and broaden their understanding of their worlds.

This is another plot in which I'm thinking could potentially be an interesting polyamorous plot, but I'd also be open to juggling two separate relationships between our four characters as well. If there are any takers interested in this plot but would much rather only play one character, something can be arranged as well with minor tweaks to the plot. Also, while this plot is pitched as a light-hearted slice of life ordeal, we can also veer it into a more serious tone if you'd like, focused on political conspiracy and impending war.

Inspired by Mobile Suit Gundam and Mass Effect

Get it? Space Side Story, like West Side Story. Though perhaps one could say this also fits the definition of a "side story" for a larger plot.

In the far future, humanity has managed to travel beyond the stars and make its home in outer space, not only colonizing other planets but also engineering massive space colonies. In this universe, these registered planets and colonies are ruled under the Galactic Alliance. However, not all is well in paradise, as the more things change, the more things stay the same. Many have come to view the Alliance as overly authoritarian, unaccountable for its actions, and unfit to unilaterally rule such a large spread of people across so many different homes. Some colonies and planets have banded together, in response, to create their own organization and government, known as the Confederacy of United Colonies. However, very quickly, the Confederacy had proven itself to hold similar political philosophies as the Alliance, only with a different flavor of fascism driving it as they had come to pin the blame of humanity's degradation not only on the Alliance, but also instilling a sense of reverence in the state of humanity before they had left Earth, and placing intrinsic importance on those who are Earth-born, touting them as inherently superior human beings. Some might know this concept of "eugenics," but all the same, the Confederacy had grown powerful enough that the Alliance was eventually unable to ignore it, and before either party knew it, both were thrust into war with each other to determine who got to singularly rule the galaxy.

In other words, two evils had gone to war with each other to determine who was the lesser evil.

Muse A is a soldier drafted into the Galactic War by the Alliance, but holds little love for the government they represent. Similarly, Muse B is a soldier drafted by the Confederacy to fight on their behalf, but it wasn't by their own choice that they partake in the war; it was only because they happened to live in a colony that later became a part of the Confederacy. During a heated battle that both soldiers participate in, the two end up in a compromising position and end up trapped somewhere where neither of their teams are able to immediately rescue them. Deciding to put aside their differences, the two soldiers are forced to rely on each other to survive, and during this intimate time together, they come to understand each other and realize they have more in common than they initially thought.

Even after they manage to escape their mutual predicament by whatever means, the two realize they truly have no desire to continue participating in this war. Both governments can destroy each other in this useless war for all they both care, so before they know it, the two soldiers both decide to defect and go on the run together in search of a safe haven where they can live together, free from the war, but running from their pasts just might be more difficult than they'd think.

Well, I guess that about covers it, I think. Certainly hope I didn't miss anything or mess something up. If any of this interests you, do shoot me a personal message and we can get to talking shop! As requested above, please do not comment in the thread.

Last edited:
Bump. Testing the waters and seeing who'll bite, and hoping I won't overexert myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back