• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Matter of Worth [In-Character]

Kit Sanches-Martin

The boy that Kit had seen earlier in the lobby spoke next.

"This might be unrelated but what will we be doing after this?" he asked, "I'm not entirely sure since I wasn't here to hear the schedule."

Bleu-Blanc-Rogue answered this question with ease. But the one phrase that caught her attention was "power testing". Facility tour-fine and dandy. Use of equipment- a walk in the park. Even heading out to fight some actual crime was something she didn't mind, although it would be different with two world-class superheroes lording over them and making them look inexperienced. But power-testing? The word had an ominous feel to it.

" How does one even go about testing power? Will they place me in some fiendish sarcophagus machine with arrays of flashing lights, output screens and implement of questionable purpose? Would they make me fight someone in a deathmatch arena? Or would they place me in front of a panel of experts who will scrutinise my every move?" she wondered

Chris was not a fan of the idea of a machine being used to tests. "If they stick us in some machine, we're going astral from and kicking their asses, just saying". Kit couldn't help but agree. Out of all the options, a machine seemed the worst of them all. And Chris's over-active imagination wasn't helping. It was then that one of the others spoke up, snapping Kit out of her thoughts. It was the woman who called herself Herschel.

How are the powers going to be tested?"

Kit turned towards Rogue and awaited an answer.
Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Kana.M. Kana.M. Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge + The Avatar [NPC]

Even through Rouge's helmet, the lifting of the eyebrow was painfully telling.

"Via a demonstration, I would hazard? Kind of like this," he said, standing up and drawing his rapier with a shrill sound.

With a high-precision kick to the underside of the chair, carefully angled to hit the right spot with the top of his steel-toe-reinforced boot, the chair was flung into the air. Rouge's arm seemed to blur, changing into a whirlwind, before his rapier was sheathed again and a multitude of plastic pieces that used to be a chair laid on the ground. The empty voids in the air pressure left behind by each swing caused a breeze to pass through the room, centering on where he stood.

The chair was diced perfectly, not a single piece having shown resistance. The space inside the cuts was perfectly smooth; perhaps even smoother than its outside, and was a bit glossy to the eye.

He shrugged, looking at the team. "How else would you test powers? I mean, granted, of course, we'll also be delving into the potential applications and combat tactics, but I thought that went without saying."

It was at that moment that Avatar phased back through one of the windows. "Apologies. There was a superpowered fight in the Bronx. Me and an independent hero managed to apprehend Brick and Graviton successfully, and I fixed all structural damage and permanent injuries the villains suffered before handing them off to the MRT."

He looked at Rouge, asking a question to which he already knew the answer, "Where were we? Also, what happened to that chair?"

Avatar raised his hand and instantly fixed the piece of furniture, almost on instinct.

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge's eye-roll was visible even through his helmet - the French hero was surprisingly emotive in that way. He motioned to the team and asked, "If any of you have any organizational questions left, please, ask them now before we proceed."

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko June Verles June Verles Eldarkon Eldarkon Damafaud Damafaud Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Epiphany Epiphany Shurian Shurian Reinhardt Reinhardt Kana.M. Kana.M.

Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles

Kit Sanches-Martin

Both Sanches siblings breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing that it would be a demonstration used to judge their powers. Looking at the reactions of the rest of the team, they were also experiencing a similar sense of relief. She wasn't the only one imagining some more ominous form of questioning. And for some reason, Bleu-Blanc-Rogue felt the need to massacre a plastic chair. She pitied the chair. "why the chair? What did the poor chair ever do to you?" Chris questioned intently. "the poor chair was just minding its own business and then you come along and brutally assault it! How dare you! Just because you are a work renowned superhero doesn't mean you ah I have the right to slice and dice chairs whenever you feel like it." he continued jokingly. When the chair slashing was finished Lucien gave Bleu-Blanc-Rogue a look that said "dude, what did the chair ever do to you?"

It was then that Avatar decided to reappear. He fixed the chair almost instinctively. He also mentioned something about a fight downtown. At that instant, her comm device pinged indicating a new message. She took out her comm device, which resembled a cross between a phone, a pager and a Nokia blokia. It was robust and could withstand crazy amounts of damage. She read the message quickly, before tucking it away.

Parabellum, battle down town turned ugly. Traction and Brick involved, plus the Metal Man vigilante. Then Avatar showed up. You're on paperwork duty. Come in ASAP
Captain Lopez.
"Joy, more paperwork" kit sarcastically moaned to Chris. Rogue then asked if there were any more questions. Neither Kit nor Chris had any. The talk had been very comprehensive and had evidently been well rehearsed. Kit spoke "i don't have any more questions"

Yuudai Takanosu
Nebula Brigade North Island, NYC

Capture+_2019-05-02-19-47-31.png

Yuudai nodded agreeing to the schedule, though his powers were weak he could still show them and not be classified as useless. After Leticia asked her question the boy became curious as well, he could only assume it would be in a dedicated training area, maybe on the south island? Then the lady asked a follow-up question to his and Yuudai turned towards her. He understood why the topic might be brought up, but everyone encountered so far seemed like genuine and humane people to him so he didn't worry about that.

Yu quickly turned back to the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge upon hearing him speak, followed by the sound of hollow plastic being hit, but before Yu was able to collect his thoughts he was presented with a stunning display of precision by the hero. His eyes widened at the sight of the representation only to quickly shut them when a gust of air blew over. When Yuudai opened his eyes again he saw the Avatar standing close to the window, explaining the situation on his sudden disappearance. The helmeted hero spoke again captivating back Yuudai's attention, seemingly wanting to wrap up the conversation. Yuudai had only but one question so he was satisfied.

Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles Shurian Shurian Reinhardt Reinhardt

Sasha Korneev
Time: 10:15

"No further questions from me." answered Sasha with a calmer if somewhat tired tone, the presentation seemingly changing her previous irritated disposition by literally boring her to death. I mean most of these questions were common sense, she did seem somewhat confused when looking at everyone else's expressions when the talk of power demonstration was brought up. Why was everyone so intrigued/bothered by that? She pondered about it for a moment before the realization hit her. She was the only one without powers here...

All the young girl could do was open in her mouth in disbelief, even leather suit girl had superpowers? I mean she did think that most people in the team had superpowers but she thought there were maybe normal people that used technology. Now even more depressed than before she falls defeated on the chair as she takes out her notebook and begins writing further notes, only realizing that she didn't have extra space on the existing pages to add information, so sighing she started over again.

Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Damafaud Damafaud Kana.M. Kana.M.

Brie Amara

mechanic-girl-jpg.571928

Mekanik
Nebula Brigade HQ; Director Room
Interaction: Rogue
Avatar went out of the window and returned in less than an hour. Did he solve a superhuman fight in that short time? That was amazing! No wonder he was the number one hero. And what did she do at the time Avatar solved a fight? Highlighting two chapters of the manual.

Brie put the cap of her highlighter back on, a bit excited. Power showcase time! What should she do? Something simple would be best but it needed to be impressive as well. She didn't carry Super Bot so he was off the list. Maybe Super Swiss Knife? But she could do better that that! Her judge would be Avatar! The number one idol of the era! ...agh, she had no idea.

She rised her hand and decided to throw the task of deciding to Bleu-Blanc-Rouge.

"Um, how about me? Should I make something while waiting, or just use the gadget on hand?"

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge + The Avatar [NPC]

"That depends," Bleu-Blanc-Rouge answered. "If you think you can do better than a gadget you have on hand with access to high-quality materials, we'll give you time to tinker something simple up, provided it doesn't take too long. If it does, I'd be happy to see whatever projects you have finished."

Avatar nodded. "Let's continue this in the actual power-testing room." He looked at Director Jepsen apologetically, a hint of humor on his face. "Mind if I take us all there? It'd be faster than going to and down the elevator, madam."

Jepsen rolled her eyes. "Your endless hyperfocus on complete efficiency will be the end of you, Avatar."

"I'd have it no other way." He grinned confidently.

"Fine, unless it makes me vomit," she said, a note of staunchness and stiffness in her voice.

Avatar faced one of the walls of the office and pointed his finger at it, shooting a golden ray that caused a screen of translucent yellow-gold to grow over it. Soon after, the screen gained a glasslike quality, reflecting light, and soon after that, it began to phase and shift, until space itself tore at oblique angles and dimensions. Avatar looked a little drained by the effort, some of the silvery aura outlining his body fading away.

He nodded to the team, walking to the other side without hesitation. "A portal to the training room. It's safe."

Once everyone was through - director and deputy included - Avatar closed the portal and his aura brightened instantly, as he regained full power.

The name 'combat training room' didn't quite do justice to the chamber they were in. Unlike the sterile white halls of the lower floors, everything here was built from a dark gray metal, with floor-plates made of the same, just to give it some semblance of appearance. Bright lamps lit every part of the room, and there were seams in certain places on the floor, indicating there was a panel somewhere that could be used to have walls slide out from the ground.

Avatar smiled at the team and floated over to the other side of the room. "Anyone with any form of offensive power or energy manipulation, make a line and fire at me. Don't hold back; I've definitely had worse. Tagton tried to do me in before the war, and, if I sat out a few years in the heart of a star, I think I can handle whatever you throw at me."

Rouge scoffed, folding his arms. "Granted, that was your prime."

Avatar nodded his head to the side, tightening his lips for a moment. "True enough, but unless the people here can blow up a skyscraper with a single attack, I think I'm safe against their worst."

The French hero looked a mite amused by this, but didn't continue; he turned to Mekanik. "How about you? You are a tinker of some sort, yes? Mekanik, if I recall. Do you have anything to show off?"
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko June Verles June Verles Eldarkon Eldarkon Damafaud Damafaud Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Epiphany Epiphany Shurian Shurian Reinhardt Reinhardt Kana.M. Kana.M.

Kit Sanches-Martin

Kit watched as Avatar opened the portal, he was evidently using a different method to her. It took longer than hers to form and definitely had a physical effect on him. The portals she made were powered by magic and resembled a swirling red and orange vortex. But he looked more professional and was far bigger. She felt a twinge of jealousy and resolved to practice her portals later on.

The room that everyone merged in was huge and decorated in various shades of grey. She ran her bandaged hands over the walls- metal. She also took notice of the slots on the floor where evidently things could pop out. She absentmindedly wondered if it would be possible to play phaz-ball in the room. It was definitely spacious enough.

Avatar floated over to the other side of the room and invited everyone to hit him with their worst. Nobody moved, slightly shocked by this revelation. They were going to have to use their powers on the Avatar! The Avatar, a frocking living legend.

Chris smirked when he heard the phrase "I can handle whatever you throw at me"
I can handle whatever you throw at me."
"sis, we gotta do fastball when he doesn't expect it, even just for the reaction on his face." Kit wholeheartedly agreed. "Oh don't worry, I will, it is too good an opportunity to be wasted"

She looked around at her fellow teammates and began to walk towards the Avatar
"you what us to fire all at once or one at a time?" She queried

Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Kana.M. Kana.M. Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles

Sasha Korneev

Sasha just sighed as she saw Avatar just casually open up a portal, coming up with a effective way to combat him when... if he goes AWOL will be very difficult to say the least. That was until she heard the exchange between him and the director, one about him being stuck in the sun and about him not being in his prime. Her ears perked with joy, so it was possible to combat the strongest hero on earth with something on the level of destroying a sky scrapper? That's much more reasonable than throwing him in the sun, though it may differ on what type of sky scrapper and it's structural integrity.

She begun fantasizing about it, smiling like someone thinking about good food. She finally snapped out of it when she realized she was drooling. Wiping her mouth she went to Beau-Blanc-Rouge, pulling on his coat to grab his attention;

"I can't show my combat potential with a test like this, is there any alternative?"

Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Damafaud Damafaud Kana.M. Kana.M.

The Avatar + Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPC]

"One at a time; this is a demonstration, after all," he said, then made an akimbo pose, one hand raised and face adorned with a humoristically smug grin. "If you fired all at once, I might actually get bruised a little bit, though I'd probably heal it in a second."

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge looked at Sasha, not even waiting a beat as he answered, "I can duel with you, if you'd like? This is a demonstration. Anything you do to show your potential to everyone else on the team will be good enough."
Quick answer to Kit's question, because I want everyone to do their thing as soon as they do the next round of posts.

Kit Sanches-Martin

Kit smirked at his response, not that it could be seen under her mask. The only viable part was a slight curving of her eyes. Chris laughed at what Avatar said. "you know despite all his hearing he does act like a fairly normal human, doesn't he? I'm kinda surprised, but I like it." Kit had to agree with her brother, it was surprising how human he and Rogue acted. She wants sure what she had expected, but not this almost bantering tone.

She felt herself slowly warming up to the idea of this whole Nebula Brigade thing. Neither her no Chris head been pleased when their chief basically demanded they become part of it, but they were beginning to see why she pushed them for it now. They still weren't thrilled, but it was getting better.

Kit turned to the others behind her. "anybody want to first?" She asked. She didn't particularly ant to go first, she wanted to watch one person and then decide what to do.

Sasha Korneev

The little girl nodded at the french super soldier's suggestion, she then points to a empty spot of the room about 20 meters away. "Then can you go over there and can I have the first attack?"

If Beau-Blanc-Rouge agreed she would also walk further away from the group, about 40 meters away but standing directly across her tester. The Russian native would then not touch the gun strapped to her chest and instead pull a long combat knife and then squat in a similar stance to wrestlers, with the knife infront of her body.

"Tell me when you're ready."

Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPC]

The hero nodded, clearly debating on whether or not to discard his rapier. It was a deadly weapon, for sure, and one good slash was enough to kill a human, but he didn't want to insult the girl by outright disregarding her as a non-threat; even if it were true.

He decided to go for the middle ground and got into an unarmed combat pose, carefully constructed to avoid opening his scabbard up as leverage in combat, but without drawing his sword. At least for now.

His pose was almost like the default stance for Krav Maga; back foot slightly raised at the heel, body mass evenly distributed, both hands at or below chin level and instead of being fists, they were open; with palms facing outwards. It looked sheepish, almost silly, but a trained fighter would be able to tell that Rouge was experienced in maintaining this pose, and modifying it freely if his slight adjustments - most likely made to accomodate his fighting style - were anything to go by.

But in the real world, not even a heartbeat has passed before he said, "I'm ready," and let her have the first move.
June Verles June Verles

Sasha Korneev

Sasha was going through her head on how to tackle the french hero in front of him as he got into position, he was so fast that he basically became a wall to anything moving below sonic speed, even higher considering how many times he cut the chair. So when he saw the man basically make the size of the wall protecting him smaller by going into hand to hand stance she barely could hold her smirk back. Not like that actually made the existing wall any more impregnable but it gave her more maneuvering room around him.

She'd move towards, dragging her feet as if they were rail tracks on the floor but always making sure to keep her lead foot forwards. When she was about a 10-5 meter distance away she begun trying to circle around him but at a slower pace as she opted to not cross her legs as to not forsake her point of balance, after all he did say he had ranged attacks.

Birdsie Birdsie

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPC]

Rouge kept up his stance, facing Sasha's direction but keeping the left side of his body unobtrusive from her. He took a second to analyze the combat conditions.

She was, as far as he knew, a baseline human physically, but looks could be deceiving. Definitely combat trained; that much he could tell from what he could cold-read. Was it safe to assume she kenned full-contact martial arts? Probably, but he didn't know if she was a grappling or striking specialist or both, but she did have a knife out, which indicated she was trained with melee weapons. He decided to test the waters, and besides, since this wasn't a spar, just a demonstration, Rouge humored her.

He could close the distance of five-to-ten meters between them in a literal eyeblink, even if he started from a complete, frozen standstill and was facing the opposite direction. He decided to give her a chance and crossed it in only 2.2 seconds, maintaining his combat poise, after hunching over forward to indicate he was about to make a movement. Even then, it looked and felt superhuman, like he went from being normal to entering a burst of super-speed.

Rouge threw a straight punch and two jabs, relatively fast for a normal human but not moving at quite the same ridiculous speed anymore. He humored her (again) with his first punch, making it a child's play to stab the knife into his arm or shoulder.

He mentally snorted at the idea, then he hopped back to create space between them.

June Verles June Verles

Sasha Korneev

As the fight proceeded strange plans were formulating through her head, maybe she'd do a flip and throw the knife and flashbang at the same time doing some mental mathematics? It probably couldn't work, maybe she could take advantage of her knife hand and keep him away, but he most definitely can move faster than that and literally pluck the knife out her hand.

That's when she saw the man bend forwards, so she immediately had to go with something. She'd instinctively throw the knife towards the french man, not as a legitimate attack but more of a distraction as she reached for the flash bang at her chest, pulling out the pin and letting land on the floor as fast as she possibly could consciously and then rolling back, upholstering her assault rifle as she did so.

When she would've finished the roll she knew the flash bang would've gone off by then, she also knew that the man was coming at her from the front but she couldn't do shoot more accurately than aiming at his legs or his torso. She threw the knife at his head so she aimed the gun towards the general legs area and pressed the trigger...

Birdsie Birdsie

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPC]

Rouge intercepted the knife with practiced ease, but his eyes widened at what she did next.

Seeing her prepare a flashbang and unholster her rifle, he multitasked as much as his body allowed him, throwing the knife - carefully aimed - at her gun. She didn't have time to cook her grenade, thankfully, so he ran towards the flashbang and kicked it back in her direction before he rolled across the ground, closed his eyes and used his hands to block his ears from deafening too much. He'd dealt with flashbangs before and his enhancements made him more resistant to their effects, but even now, after everything he did, he had a terrible ringing in his ears, barely hearing other sounds, his vision was dim and lensed as if he was looking out of a tunnel and up into the sky, and his balance was just a tiny bit off, with him feeling generally numb but still having preternatural dexterity.

He was confused, incapable of taking in enough of his surroundings. With his eyes, he saw some vague figures standing around the room. A white, glowing one floated further away - the Avatar? Rouge needed several seconds to locate Sasha.

His legs, as he stood up, felt bloated and numb, and he could barely keep himself straight. Sore pain lanced through several spots every few seconds in localized pulses, and he realized what had happened.

Rubber bullets, he mentally laughed. He sported a grin as he lumbered towards Sasha and stopped a fair bit away. People hit by flashbangs, especially up close, definitely shouldn't try to stand up for a good while, and he didn't dare stand next to her, since there was a good chance she'd throw up over his shoes. Nauesa and vomiting were very common and little-known side-effects of exposure to a flashbang explosion.

The moment she proclaimed her hearing began to return, he'd say, "That was amazing. You used my one weakness against me and managed to get some hits in. If this were a real fight, I'd be injured right now. Granted, if this were a real fight, I wouldn't go as easy on you. Good job, kid."

Cue headpat.
tl;dr: There was a flashbang explosion. I expect you to react to it, even if in passing.

Sasha Korneev

She only managed to shoot a few shots before feeling her gun be attacked, by then she let go and then covered her ears and went low to the ground. She'd already been trained to be resistant against flash bangs as her part of her mother's training but you couldn't grow immune to it no matter how much you trained. After a few seconds passed the concussed feeling and the nausea dissipated to where it was bearable.

She'd pick up her knife and rifle, putting them both in their respective places before patting herself down from the dust. When she was congratulated by Beau-Blanc-Rouge with a head pat her facial expression wouldn't change, but her face would turn bright red before moving the hero's hand away and coughing with her head point away.

"That's true, I suppose I should make develop a contingency plan for you first since I have the most information now. By the way can you reimburse for the equipment I've used, I've spent this month's allowance on a new hockey stick."

Birdsie Birdsie

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPC]

The hero sighed, a part of him expecting this to happen. He glanced at the director, and the woman shook her head admonishingly as she took out her phone with a sigh. She clicked something on the screen a few times, then nodded to him.

"Done. We've transferred two-hundred dollars to your trust fund. Use it as you please," he said, helping her stand, before turning to see what the rest of the team had been getting up to.
June Verles June Verles

Brie Amara

mechanic-girl-jpg.571928

Mekanik
"I'll make something up in a jiffy!"

While the rest of the Brigade watched the mock battle between Bleu-Blanc-Rogue and the soldier girl (she was so young!) Brie retreated to a spot further from the crowd and opened her handbag. It was full of transformers, wires, diodes, and several other things she couldn't pronounce. No, she didn't know what they were for. She just knew she could make something with them.

Don't ask what she could make.

"Let's get this started!"

Brie took out her Super Swiss Knife and activated her power. 10 minutes weapon. Flash of insights passed through her mind. Information appeared out of thin air. Brie reached for her pencil case. Two mechanical pencils. A black, blue, and red pen. A steel ruler. A neon and orange highlighter. In short, weapons. She started her magic.

Super Swiss Knife shifted its shape as needed. A wrench. A screwdriver. A cleaver. Mechanical pencils flying through the air as Brie cleaved open the pencils and took out their inside. A hammer. A brush. A needle. The highlighters were flattened by the hammer in one mighty hit. A saw. A flashlight. A wire cutter. The pens was cut into two. It was strange, it was weird. But it worked.

Just as Brie finished the last highlighter, a flash of white shone from behind. She turned her back only to see the mock battle was finished. She was just in time to see Bleu-Blanc-Rogue helping the soldier girl (she forgot her name, dammit) up.

"Can I go next? I made a few trinkets just in time."

Kit Sanches-Martin

Kit watched as the young girl- Sierra took on Rogue. She wasn't sure what she had expected but it certainly wasn't this. The girl used no powers, maybe she didn't have any. But what she lacked for in powers he made up for in skill. She had clearly been trained in hand to hand combat. But by who?

And then she unstrapped the rifle and started shooting. She could just imagine Chris's jaw dropping open, had he been in control of the body. And was that a knife? Kit definitely didn't want to get on the wrong side of this girl, that's for sure.

Her eyes caught a canister, being thrown, then kicked, then an explosion. Instinctively she braced, made a gesture with her fingers and yelled the word ασπίδα (shield). A dome of energy instantly surrounded her and the team members near her. The air turned slightly grey, shimmering and rippling like water. It was about six feet high and encompassed all standing around her.

Once the blast cleared, she saw that there was no danger left, she dismissed the shield.

Avatar nodded to Mekanik, edging closer to observe, as he said, "The floor is yours." He made a polite hand gesture with an open palm.

Rouge scoffed, "Don't listen to that maniac. Please, don't disassemble our floor. I know you tinkers can do some unreasonable things when pressed for materials, but this carbosteel chamber was very expensive."

Damafaud Damafaud _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ June Verles June Verles Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany

Carbon Dragon_l.png

Carbon Dragon

Once Avatar left, Carbon began to survey the scene. Mainly he was making sure Brick and Graviton were put to jail, although he knew that they would more than likely escape with outside help. But that didn't bother him now, Carbon began to walk towards the alleyway before any police could question him or get a witness statement. As he did, he walked past the girl on her motorcycle. He didn't say this earlier but through deductive reasoning, he was sure that she was the one that launched the sleeping gas. Before he could walk past, he stopping in front of her and looked at her. "I know it was you, but I didn't want to see you get thrown into this mess even more. I'll just chalk it up as you were scared and were defending yourself. Take care." With that he continued his way towards the alleyway, disappearing from sight to start his patrol of the underworld once more. At least until he met with Avatar.

Interactions: Lillian ( Damafaud Damafaud )

GkWjF2J.jpg
Mercy

While the rest of the Nebula Brigade assembles and begins testing themselves against Avatar and Bleu-Blanc-Rouge, Mercy is content to watch and learn. The Avatar is a divine spirit like nothing she's ever seen, short of her Moms when they quarreled. Seeing as he's volunteered to take hits from those with ranged abilities, though, it seems he's spoken for. And Bleu-Blanc-Rogue's display of remarkable speed doesn't escape her notice. Nor does his use of the rapier. Mercy's ink-black eyes narrow with scrutiny before a faint smile crosses her lips.

With Sasha's admirable demonstration wrapped up, the Meruvian steps forward and draws her sword. "Whenever you're available, sir," she says to the enhanced human. With so many heroes intending to test themselves, she's perfectly content to wait her turn. But neither is she intending to go last.

Brie Amara

mechanic-girl-jpg.571928

Mekanik
"Oh, I wouldn't dream of paying for that," joked Brie, grinning. "and Super Stationary series isn't explosive."

She dramatically held a black pen in her hand. It was, like most of her creation, normal-looking. Brie held the pen between her index and middle finger, with her thumb pressing down the button at its back then. She aimed the pen at the distance. Then she released the button. The pen flew explosively out of her hand. Drops of ink fell from the pen as it move through the air. The pen landed a fair distance afar.

"The pens are now self-discharging darts. If you hold the button longer than two seconds and apply pressure to its body on two spots, they can fly with enough momentum to pierce flesh at a distance of 10 meter."

Brie frowned at the ink stains on her hand and the blots on the floor. She would need to refill it before she could use it again every time. A bit inconvenient. She took a neon highlighter out of the pencil case next. She took off the cap.

"The highlighters are simpler. If you don't put the cap on its back in interval of twelve seconds," she threw the highlighter into the distance. The highlighter went in an arc. Just right before it touched the floor, it exploded into a cloud of neon smoke. Brie waved the smoke clouding her sight away, slightly coughing.

"It explodes. The radius for the smoke is about five meters, give or take. Now for the ruler,"

Brie took out a 15 cm ruler from the pencil case. As she gripped on the 0 cm end, the ruler suddenly elongated, becoming a 30 ruler. The 30 cm end, however, had a blade-like edge.

"it becomes a shortsword if you grip on the 0 cm end tightly," she explained as she performed a thrust with it. "the balance is not terrible. the additional 30 cm came from a mechanical pencil. Somehow."

As she released her grip on the ruler, it reverted back to its original shape. Brie returned the ruler to her pencil case, grinning. The short demonstration had left her previously clean clothes smudged. Her right gloves had a huge ink stain on it. Her trousers and jacket, on the other hand, retained faint mark of neon smoke on them.

"And I'm done! Unless anyone has popcorn I can microwave with my phone?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back