• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Matter of Worth [In-Character]

Lilian White

lilian-jpg.572387

Miss Pharmacist
The Bronx; Alleyway
Vigilant; Pepper spray attack

Interaction: Brick
Her plan was perfect. After blocking the vision of the fighters, all she needed to do was ran into the alleyway and disappeared into the maze. It was perfect... if the thickness of the giant's skull and his swift revival from unconsciousness were not a factor in the plan. Unfortunately, they were a factor. Lilian smashed into the giant. Were it not for the Soldier Pill, she would have fallen down.

Lilian internally cursed. Chemical Blaster was not loaded. Luckily, the giant was still disorientated. She took the spray hanging from her waist and pointed it to the giant's face.

"It's nothing personal," she said a she tried to spray it to his face.

The content of the chemical spray was amplified pepper spray. An inflammatory agent. It could cause temporary blindness if it entered the eyes and inflame the nose, throat, and lungs if inhaled. The amplification worsened the symptoms with a chance of death due to asphyxiation.

...but something went wrong. The giant's body suddenly glowed like christmas lamp. Or glowing hot iron left too long in the fire. Whatever it was, it didn't look good. Lilian did the first thing that came to mind. She jumped and crouched behind the sickly green dumpster and balled herself, putting her head between her knees.

Mention: Graviton and Brick ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Carbon Dragon ( Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser ), Eik Yfirgefin ( June Verles June Verles )

Last edited:
Leticia Herschel~
North Brother Island ~ Nebula Brigade Entrance
Time: 8:15

Shurian the Time Keeper hoorah! Do we need to keep time anyway?

The answer was ambiguous, a weakness in the system, yet the Director answered with confidence in their security system. Even if the policies weren't finished, it felt safe coming from the Director.
No... They had to have finalised the policies, in which country do they first get the building THEN finalise the policies? Though, she dared say it was going to become the most secure building in the world...

There was a more pressing matter at hand. The two who entered the room were people whose value was bigger than the whole city combined together. Their introductions shook the group, Bleu-Blanc-Rouge and Avatar himself. They weren't all serious like the management, similar to seniors of a club trying to introduce themselves to the juniors.

I get it... but still... Did they have to come in their hero costumes? That's a little... I don't know... I think I'm overwhelmed...

And the one she was most wary of, the person in the full body suit spoke first, introduced themselves. Now that she noticed, there was a cat on their shoulder, who nodded when it was introduced.

What could surprise her at this point? The two cornerstones of the hero world were right there in front of her.

Well, she figured that breaking the ice was more important than being nervous for an eternity. So she was the second to speak.

"I'm Herschel, it's an honour to meet you."

Now if she had worn a skirt instead, she would have curtsied, but she didn't so she did a simple bow. Nothing too excessive. She'd like to believe her face was neutral, as of professionals, but she can't help but leak out a little bit of excitement here. Oh, and she tried so hard too. A little happy smile of bubbly energy leaked out on her facial expressions. She would curse it later, but she had more things going through her mind than possible.

Parabellum... I don't know if I could trust them. It's one thing to try to remain impartial... but I just can't help judging... And I thought I wasn't one to judge... I don't even know their gender! It wouldn't be wrong to just judge... right? No... Why am I even wondering... Fuee...
How've you been? Brie, it's been a year! Eh... would that work? Well... She loved talking about the many Avatar movies that have popped up over the years... Maybe I should strike it up like so..?
The woman in the orange robe... So beautiful... Where is she from? I wanna ask... but she's so dignified, I wonder if she would... She seemed very nice though... I think she would! Would she? Uuwah...
I wanna consult Bleu-Blanc-Rouge for tactics! I'm not too strong and would most likely be a support team member managing the situation... Though the Director and her staff would be taking care of that. Minimising losses and damage... What comes first?

Some of the examples rolling through her head. All at the same time. A complicated young lady, but she looked forward with fervour.

"We would be in your care."

Though she couldn't hide her surprise as someone tapped onto Avatar's shoulder...

Yuudai couldn't shove through seeing as that would be rude, so he tapped the shoulder of the one to his left saying "Excuse me, sirs, could I just move through here?" a nervous tone escaping from his voice.

Ueeh... That's...
Well, if he knew that it was Avatar he was tapping on, Leticia bet he would have a nervous breakdown.
She walked towards Yuudai, before leading him to the group past the two men by passing to the right. Acting without really thinking again huh.

"You're part of the Brigade, right? I'll catch you up to speed later, they're asking for our pen-names..." She whispered.
She made it simple. Referring to the two heroes. If it wasn't obvious enough who the two of them were.

MentionsInteractions: Birdsie Birdsie (Avatar, Bleu-Blanc-Rouge) Kana.M. Kana.M. (Yuudai)
Present: Thepotatogod Thepotatogod (Vienna/Maoh) Eldarkon Eldarkon (Aka) Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko (Toby) Damafaud Damafaud (Brie) June Verles June Verles (Sasha) Reinhardt Reinhardt (Cecil) _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Chris/Kit) Epiphany Epiphany (Mercy)
Close By: N/A
Please mention me when I'm like... there >_< Shurian Shurian (Leticia)

Last edited:
Brick + Graviton [NPCs]

"Crap!" Graviton grunted as he felt Carbon hit into him, the full weight of the armor pushing the villain into the concrete. Graviton could feel his ribs bruising, but he didn't wait for the punch, instead activating his right anti-grav boot and blasting off across the street, while his body spun and whirled in a helical shape, once even brushing up against a street lantern.

The villain dropped into someone's apartment, crashing through their window and into their table. He groaned as he got up, looked at the surprised family, then ran out through their door and proceeded to go downstairs. Maybe he could lose the bastard!

-

Brick growled loudly as his face was hit by a burning, hot sensation. A rust-colored energy began to move in waves around his skin, gathering to create a tactile field around his body, but too unstable to protect. The moment Brick lost focus - just two seconds after being burned - the energy exploded in every direction, cracking the buildings, pulverizing nearby dumpsters, pushing a car at the edge of the alleyway and making it fall over onto the street.

Brick kept screaming on the ground, taking off his mask and wiping at his eyes as hard as he could as he proceeded to run away.
Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

Global Champions [NPCs]

Avatar blinked as someone poked him on the shoulder. The silver-gold hero turned his head to have a look, then nodded with an affirmation and stepped to the left, while Bleu-Blanc-Rouge stepped to the right, slightly incredulous.

"Right," Rouge said, nonplussed, as he turned back to the team and waited for the rest of the people to introduce themselves.

Once everyone was done, Avatar used his power to manifest some rough, plastic chairs for everyone to sit in, and then the French hero who came with him began to explain the protocols of being a superhero. Such as arresting perps, when it is appropriate to use lethal force, to always radio-in one's findings and pursuit of a criminal, to cooperate with the police, to appear righteous in front of civilians, how to handle flashy villains that liked to put on a show, and even how to smile when giving an autograph as to not seem condescending - and more.

When someone had a question, Rouge or Avatar politely answered, but it was mostly the French supersoldier that did the educating; Avatar only injecting his own five, charismatic cents into the conversation to give some wisdom or insight to the new heroes.

The talk lasted roughly an hour and a half, and ended with Bleu-Blanc-Rouge handing out printed manuals that contained everything he discussed and more.

After that, Bleu-Blanc-Rouge touched upon the exact 'tactics' of superpowered encounters. The importance of roles, how various types of powersets interacted with each other, and why it was important to have a varied team.

"For example," Rouge said. "The perfect counter for someone like me would be an area-of-effect attack, like a bomb. I move fast and despite what appearances might tell you, I'm capable of fighting at range, but even I might not make it out of a large blast zone. That's why it's useful to have someone like Avatar beside me, since he can project a forcefield to help me out, or even just tackle me and move me out of the area before it happens."

Avatar interjected the explanation, "Although this was covered previously, I'd like to remind everyone about the importance of avoiding collateral damage. Every car, window, and wall you destroy is another person convinced that superheroes are dangerous and not worth the trouble they present. People won't care that 'the bad guy started it.' And yes, collateral isn't always avoidable, but please, do keep what I said in mind." He smiled, and in his expression, there was the slightest hint that he was speaking from, perhaps not personal experience, but experience nonetheless.

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge coughed. "Right. Any questions?"
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko June Verles June Verles Eldarkon Eldarkon Damafaud Damafaud Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Epiphany Epiphany Shurian Shurian Reinhardt Reinhardt Kana.M. Kana.M.

Kit Sanches-Martin

Kit listened intently throughout the talk, writing down important hits of information in an A5 notebook covered in darkhide leather. It was full of loose pages and sticky note markers and even ribbon. She didn't care if she looked like a nerdy high school student. Chris was listening attentively too, occasionally hitting it with a snarky comment or a genuine remark. What Avatar and Bleu-Blanc-Rogue said was all useful stuff. Who knew that so much went into being a hero? And it was things you'd never even think about, like giving autographs and dealing with fans. "The day I have fans and people wanting my autograph will be the day the sun started to revolve around the earth!" she thought to herself. Chris laughed, "anyone who is a fan of you is out of their mind, now being a fan of me... I'm cool with that"

Kit refrained from dramatically rolling here eyes at her brother's cockiness. She loved him to pieces, but sometimes the things he said made her question how they could even be related. "Right. Any questions?" Bleu-Blance-Rogue said.

Bleu-Blanc-Rogue coughed. "Right. Any questions?"

As a matter of fact, she did have a few questions, as did Chris. Lucien had been listening the entire time and Kit knew he had absorbed it all. She leaned forwards slightlyand spoke. "I have a few. One, are we still allowed to work our regular jobs while being part of the brigade? Two, do we have to stay in the brigade headquarters or can we live in our own accommodation? Three, who does the paperwork? Four, can we still work with other vigilante teams that we are a part of? Five, what's the policy on having an apprentice outside of the Brigade?"

Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Kana.M. Kana.M. Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles

Last edited:
Carbon Dragon_l.png

Carbon Dragon

Before Carbon could lay his punch in, Graviton swiftly used his remaining thruster to escape. Just as he did Carbon slammed his fist into the ground while else falling backward from the momentum. As he looked up to follow Graviton on his radar and his outline, he saw he went into the building next to him through a window. It was clearly an apartment building, and the way he was going seemed to be going towards the exit. And to make everything even more complicated the old man summoned a small tidal wave coming right towards him.

He just sighed and quickly looked around to find the exit of the building. Using Graviton's pathway as a reference point he quickly made his way into the building, with just enough time to spare as the tidal wave washed through. He looked behind him o see the water flow past the now closed doors and then to where Graviton was going down. Carbon had the element of surprise so he went towards where Graviton would most likely exit and cloaked, crouching down just of sight.

He waited a little bit for hearing rushing footsteps coming down the stairs. By checking his radar and seeing the outline of a person he knew it was Graviton. Once the person passed the exit of the stairwell he was able to visually confirm this. As soon as Graviton passed him, Carbon pounced onto the villain. From behind he moved his right arm underneath Graviton's right arm to prevent it from being used and then put the villain in a strong chokehold, where he also materialized his shield to prevent an easy getaway He also used his left arm to pin Graviton's left arm from moving.

Interactions: Graviton ( Birdsie Birdsie )

Brie Amara

mechanic-girl-jpg.571928

Mekanik
Nebula Brigade HQ; Director Room
Interaction: Rogue
Brie nodded at the director's word. That made sense. Even if the doors would let them in, there was no reason the security personnel would let them to. Then the door opened.

The appearance of Bleu-Blanc-Rouge was already amazing. The figure that followed him... It took Brie all of her willpower to stop herself from screaming and reverting to a fangirling state. She tried hard. Despite how close she was to the handsome, picture-perfect, awe-inspiring, literally-glowing Avatar, she just turned more rigid. And straightened her back with increased heart rate. She remembered the time she went head over heels about Avatar in high school. It was pretty embarrassing, now that she thought of it.

He was still amazing, though.

"I'm Mekanik! Glad to be here!"

Brie introduced herself in an upbeat manner. She also started to put name into attires. The figure with the cat was Parabellum, and the cat was Lucien, and Letty -- She should stop calling her that -- was Herschel.

...wait, cat?

Before she contained her surprise, an even more surprising thing happened. Someone asked Avatar to move aside. And tapped his shoulder. Brie stared at the whole interaction in a daze. Surreal. Signing up for Nebula Brigade was a really good choice.

What followed after the introduction was a lecture on the basic to be a hero and what should be entered into consideration in their line of work. Brie was one of the more active participant, eager to ask questions on part she needed confirmation on and to inquire about cases she was worried of. When the lecture ended and Rogue handed over the manual, Brie started by signing the manual with her hero signature on the top right corner.

Her first signature... hehe.

When the last question session came by, something she almost forgot to ask came up. Brie raised her hand up slowly, a bit embarrassed.

"Um, it's about my power. Will it be alright if I turn public facility into, er, tinker tech when the situation called for it? I can't revert them to their normal state yet so it can count as collateral damage... I think?"

Graviton [NPC]

Graviton began to choke audibly, his windpipe closing on itself and his arms pinned down under the pressure of the hold. He began to thrash around with his legs and finally managed to open his anti-grav boot's emergency lift-off protocol, designed for situations like these, activating it and causing both Graviton and Carbon Dragon to blast off into the sky, leaving behind a bright, lime-green contrail behind them.

In just a few seconds, they were high enough that the tallest buildings of the Bronx were relatively the size of small bricks to their eyes.
Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles

Avatar & Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPCs]

Rouge let out some air, like an appreciative but silent whistle, at all of Kit's questions, which he proceeded to answer one after another.

He nodded to the first question. "Yes, you're allowed to have other jobs, but must be on call for duty as described in your contracts. Underage members have the faculty of their schools informed of a possibility that they may be asked to leave at any point in time, and your boss in your other profession may be informed of it as well. It helps to maintain a secret identity, after all."

"For the second question - that's up to you. We offer accommodations due to the convenience of it. It's not unheard of for some heroes to devote their entire existence to their work," Bleu-Blanc-Rouge said, casting a sideways glance at Avatar who grinned unrepentantly.

"For the third - that depends on the situation. If you apprehend a criminal, you are expected to give a report to the director or a senior, such as me or Avatar. Whether it's verbal or written doesn't matter, but you may be asked to provide an exact and detailed written report if the situation is serious."

He addressed the fourth and fifth questions: "And, yes, you can work with other groups, if they work legally. And - I assume you mean a magical apprentice, not a sidekick - you are allowed to teach anyone magic if it follows all laws of the land, just how I'm allowed to, say, take my son to the shooting range and teach him how to operate firearms. The Nebula Brigade's protocol doesn't put any restrictions on either of those things."

Brie's - or Mekanik's - question was addressed by the Avatar. "I would say so, yes. Most likely, you won't have to, since any tinkers are provided with apt materials for their use, within reason. You'll find everything you need in the labs and engineering bays, but if you have anything specific in mind, you'll have to requisition it with the director or deputy director." He nodded to the two people.

Avatar's head suddenly darted right, as he looked out the window and narrowed his eyes. In the direction of the Bronx, north of them, one could see a green light lifting off towards the sky at an alarming velocity. Avatar stood up from his chair and walked closer to the windows as he said, "Excuse me, duty calls," and phased right through the pane of kevlar-gel glass, before blasting off at speed that made said glass rattle and vibrate loudly for several seconds.

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge's mouth twisted up in an unimpressed expression. He sighed. "He always does that... Any other questions?" He looked at the team.

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko June Verles June Verles Eldarkon Eldarkon Damafaud Damafaud Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Epiphany Epiphany Shurian Shurian Reinhardt Reinhardt Kana.M. Kana.M.

Sasha Korneev
Time: After morning practice, exact time unknown

Sasha was in a sour mood, as shown by the frown on her face as she made her into the director's office. She didn't bother to keep a memory of where the cafeteria and other recreational places where, only turning around to look at the library which she made a note of. So why was she so bothered? Well her incredible mental assault on Toby in a attempt to retrieve information garnered no results, I mean he didn't even react? Who could possibly resist her womanly charms?

As they entered the office Sasha's got back to reality and her expression softened, as she grabbed her card she didn't make much note of the Director except that she had a cup without a humorous statement on it. That just showed how new the whole building was, she definitely won't lose her card, how good could the security be if they allowed this random guy climb up the stairs to the third floor?

"Sierra Kilo." When the Avatar and Bleu-Blanc-Rouge joined the room she was glad that she still had her sunglasses from when she had to cover her face, the guy was just too bright. The only thing of note she did was frown when everyone seemed surprised that the Avatar moved, of course he'd fucking move if he was in the way of the door, but she just shrugged as she decided not to sit down on the materialized chair, because she was behind Aka Yusha, who was taller than her even siting down but if asked she'd just say that she doesn't trust the construct integrity.

During the presentation she didn't bother to make notes, some of this stuff was self explanatory and they were going to get a manual. She did wonder why Bleu-Blanc-Rouge was here if he was France's premier super-soldier, I guess there's less crime there because they got free college and healthcare.

However before Bleu-Blanc-Rouge made his way out of the office she pulled out a form, that asked for a work superior's signature to allow her to attend practice and matches;

"Can you sign this or should I ask someone else?"
Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Damafaud Damafaud Kana.M. Kana.M.

Lilian White

lilian-jpg.572387

Miss Pharmacist
The Bronx; Alleyway
Shocked; bandaging wound

Interaction: None
The dumpster took the brunt of the energy blast, but the only way Lilian could escape that unscathed was if only she was a character in a kid show. Or someone with superstrength. Her ears were left ringing. Her left arm was bleeding profusely. She felt pain all over her back from when the dumpster went against it. Thankfully, she was sensible enough to protect her face with her hands, which was protected by the gloves. She understood the need for an armour, now. Entering a fight in civilian clothing was akin to suicide.

Lilian slowly stood up and looked around. The giant was no longer nearby. That was a relief, she thought as she made her way away from the fight. Still, the giant was quite powerful. Could he be someone quite famous and not some street thug as she thought?

Carbon Dragon and the man in power suit had moved their fight into the sky. They slowly became a small dot in the sky. Lilian continued to walk. Her motorcycle should be just ahea-

"...of course it did."

A stray bullet or something similar had probably chipped off a fragile corner of a roof, resulting in the wall crumbling down and made a huge dent on its handle, broke the mirror, and torn the seat. Really, today just wasn't her lucky day. Sighing, Lilian took out a key and unlocked its baggage area. She had put an extra change of clothes in there just in case. There wasn't a lot of space, though. Maybe she should consider getting a car.

The change of clothes had something her current blouse didn't have; long sleeves and a roll of bandage. She had no need to worry about disease ever since her power manifested, so stopping the bleeding should suffice. It was a clumsy attempt, but she somehow managed to cover the wound.

Lilian was changing into the clean clothes when she recalled she should post about the fight in Cat Net. She didn't want anyone else to get involved. However, when she checked her phone, Cat Net was already buzzing with the fight. The headline of a discussion thread made her widened her eyes.

'CRAZY!! Carbon Dragon vs Graviton @Bronx??'

Graviton? As in the member of New Predator? Lilian had a sense of forboding. She quickly searched online regarding the member of New Predator. Graviton... Tsunami... Stretch... and lastly,

"...I'm in a big trouble."

On her phone, Lilian searched for Brick, the last member of New Predator. The search engine gave her numerous media footage, pictures, and articles regarding Brick.

Also, Brick was identical to the giant thug she attacked with pepper spray.

She just picked a fight with a member of the most infamous villain group in New York.

Mention: Graviton and Brick ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Carbon Dragon ( Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser ), Eik Yfirgefin ( June Verles June Verles )

Kit Sanches-Martin

Kit nodded at each of the answers given by Bleu-Blanc-Rogue. They were satisfactory for both her and Chris. They could work their NYPD jobs, do Nebula Brigade stuff and live in the comfort of their apartment and maybe finally start training up someone to take their place. Parabellum wasn't just a name they had made up, it was a title handed down from mage to mage. The origins of the original Parabellum, were, like most events in magical history shrouded in mystery and probably half made up. But it was the tradition that the title of Parabellum would always be given to a magic human who stood out from the rest of the magic community due to a physical difference. Kit and Chris had been considered as very young children as they shared a bond. But after the attack and the binding, they were the obvious candidates.

Then Avatar stood up and proceeded to phase through a window and fly off. Now that Kit was jealous of. She wished that she could fly instead of having to go through the complex procedure of levitating the motorbike, which was always draining for long distance. But it looked cool as hell.
"Maybe these guys have hoverbikes lying around that they wouldn't mind lending me" she mused. Chris was ecstatic "oh hell yes! That would be amazing. We would look so badass."

"I'd look badass, you son the other hand would look like Hagrid," she thought back to him. Chris grumbled but took it in good spirits. She could only think of one other question to ask. So she did. "So NYPD vigilante groups are ok then?" she paused "Whats the pet policy around here? Also have you guys invented hoverbikes yet?"

Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Kana.M. Kana.M. Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles

Last edited:
Carbon Dragon_l.png

Carbon Dragon

Carbon felt Graviton thrash about in his grip when suddenly he shot through into the air and incredible speed. It would seem Graviton had one last trick up his sleeve. Up in the sky, far above the Bronx, Carbon knew a fall from this height would hurt a hell ton but he would live given if he used his A-Jets at the appropriate time to slow his descent. Right now though he wanted to incapacitate Graviton for good this time. He flexed his right arm muscles and tightened his grip around Graviton's neck, just short of the amount of pressure to snap his windpipe and neck but enough to knock him out cold.

While he was doing this their ascent has stopped and they had begun to fall back down to Earth. Carbon shifted himself, and by proxy Graviton, to have abdomen face the ground so he could gauge when to begin emergency descent procedures. But before he could begin that, he noticed an object approaching them at high speed coming from the direction of where the Brother Islands were. Carbon moved his eyes towards where the object, only to see the world's most famous hero approaching them. "It's official. This is the most interesting day I've had." Carbon thought to himself as Avatar approached them as they both descended.

Interactions: Graviton & Avatar ( Birdsie Birdsie )

Time: Time to stop these shenanigans

As the wave crashed on the street Eik was cursing at Graviton and Carbon while waving his hand, until all could be seen was the bubbles from his rambling below the water. Fortunately, soon enough the water dissipated revealing a wet old man with his big coat stuck to his body, looking like a wet dog.

The old man just stood there for a few moments frowning, as if he was confused on what was happening, before returning to fuming up.

"You gosh darned millennials and your wretched power suits and other techno-whatever craps! First you scare my boar and then you soak me from head to toe? Do I look like one of those pansy mages from Avalon who likes spending time in the fucking ocean? I've had it up to here with you..."

He then realized as he looked around to notice that both of them were gone, both of them having gone up in the sky meaning that the entire time he just rambled on to himself like a senile old man that he knew he was not. The old wizard grated his teeth in anger and continued to speak to himself.

"So that's how it is huh... You embarrass me publicly and then screw off huh? Not if I have anything to say about it..." Lifting his hands, his eyes begun to glow blue as his voice thundered even louder than before.

"Come my greatest summon, son of the world snake Jörmungandr. I summon thee Jörmungandr Jr.!"
"ᚲᛟᛗᛖ ᛗᚤ ᚷᚱᛖᚨᛏᛖᛋᛏ ᛋᚢᛗᛗᛟᚾ, ᛋᛟᚾ ᛟᚠ ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᛟᚱᛚᛞ ᛋᚾᚨᚴᛖ ᛃöᚱᛗᚢᚾᚷᚨᚾᛞᚱ. ᛁ ᛋᚢᛗᛗᛟᚾ ᛏᚺᛖᛖ Jörmungandr Jr.!" with that command beckoned, the water that was up to his knees know begun to turmoil as he was lifted up by the head of a huge, blue spectral snake. As it did so the old man started laughing maniacally to himself.

"What do you think of this? My greatest spell unleash-" however before he could finish he was interrupted by a guy's cough who was clinging onto a lamp post, who proceeded to push his glasses back on his nose before starting to speak.

"Actually if we're using correct ancient Norse wouldn't it be Jörmungandsson?" he said with a nasal voice, which made both Eik and the Snake stop in their movements, turning towards the man and proceed to stare at him blankly. He was then immediately slammed into a building by the snake's tail, before it proceeded to take to the air towards the aerial battle.

"Fucking etymologists..."
Damafaud Damafaud Birdsie Birdsie Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

Graviton + Avatar + Brick [NPCs]

Brick frowned. He took hold of the wall to his right. The building lost some structural integrity but was hardly 'destroyed.' He used it as a support as he purged the burning pepper spray from his skin by focusing his energy in the spots that hurt the most, which actually increased the pain for a moment, but caused the brunt of it to recede when he was done.

Putting his mask back on and walking out of the alleyway, he watched the old man fly toward the skies, and was about to take off himself, when he saw a silver-gold light up above and his eyes widened. "Oh, hell no. Not fighting that."

Brick looked right when he heard a sound, and there was the woman that pepper sprayed him in the face. "You!" he called; an aspect of red light cowling his body like a flare, reflecting his anger.

"You're not getting away. Not after what you just did." He raised his fist and opened up his fingers, a lantern of rusty flame coming to life in his palm like a wrathful torch.

Brick growled as he ran towards her and swung his fist in a telegraphed, somewhat dizzy and clearly dazed motion, filling his limb with enough force to turn bone into powder and turn organs into slurry should it make direct contact with her body.

-

Avatar stopped two dozen paces away from Graviton and Carbon Dragon as he stretched his hand. A beam of silver extended from his palm and covered the two of them in a bubble, arresting their movement without hurting them from the sudden halting of motion.

Avatar looked down and saw an old man flying on a spectral snake. The hero said, "Give me a moment," before blasting off, the bubble remaining rooted to its spot.

The silver-gold hero stretched his hand again and let out a constant, unending stream of silver vibrations in the direction of Eik and his snake. The effect slowed down Jorumgandrsson's velocity until it finally halted, and Avatar floated close to Eik while maintaining the effect. He grabbed the old man with a similar bubble that he used to capture Carbon and Graviton, then lifted him up and moved him until he floated next to the two technological capes.

With that, the Avatar moved a pace away and shot an energy blast at the spectral snake, destroying it. He moved all three of his 'captives' onto a rooftop and popped the bubbles, before asking, "Okay, let me make this clear. I will non-lethally pacify anyone using magic, technology, or any superpower to do anything remotely harmful before they can say 'Elder Futhark' or 'Anti-Gravity.' Now, will anyone tell me what happened? I've already cobbled together a rough idea of what occurred here, but I'd like to confirm my knowledge and corroborate it with your statements."

Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPCs]

The French superhero nodded to Sasha's request. He looked to Director Jepsen and the woman took her pen and tossed it to him casually, Rouge catching it between two fingers, twirling it a little and bringing it to the paper. He stared at the form for no more than a second — courtesy of superfast processing — before he signed off on it and handed it back to Sasha.

He was slightly surprised by the question Kit suddenly asked, but rolled with the surprise and answered, "Well, generally, we'd rather you don't bring pets into the building, but if you insist, then they should be kept in the living quarters. As for hoverbikes, I'm sure you've read of Omnicorp's and Venture Industries' research on hovercraft vehicles. If you need one, you could requisition it, but if the requisition cost goes above the yearly requisition fund, the rest of the expense will be out of your paycheck. If you're looking for a hoverbike, I do have some recommendations. The X5 Gyrfalcon is my personal favorite when it comes to tactical field operations. It has everything; stealth, armor, speed, fuel, and it's easy to maintain. That said, the price is a bit exorbitant."

Carbon Dragon_l.png

Carbon Dragon

When Avatar launched his silver beam at the two of them, Carbon couldn't help but brace instinctively. Suddenly their motion of descent stopped, but not in a way where kinetic forces would harm them. That's when he saw that old man again come at them, this time on a giant corporeal snake. "You've got to be kidding me." Carbon thought as Avatar captured the old man and destroy his snake in a single blast. Carbon took all of this in as he, Graviton, and the old man were gently let down onto a rooftop. When their bubbles popped, Avatar asked them a simple question. Graviton was in no means to speak, he looked as though he had been incapacitated and the old man was definitely senile or insane.

So Carbon spoke up. "I should say for context that I'm the 'Metal Man' the underworld is talking about and in police reports." Carbon took a small pause before continuing. "I was out doing my normal 'patrol' when I was attacked two members of the New Predators back-to-back. Firstly was Brick, who I dealt with and the second is Graviton here." He said motioning toward his second assailant. "As for this old man, well I have no idea who he is or what he wants." He said motioning towards the old man now. "Basically I'm going around doing the small stuff, these two villains attacked me, I beat them, and here we are."

Interactions: Avatar & Graviton ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Eik ( June Verles June Verles )

Kit Sanches-Martin

Lucien the cat dramatically rolled its eyes at the mention of the word "hoverbike." He was not impressed by the idea. This was an extraordinary over the top eye roll that was distinctly un-catlike. Kit saw the eye-roll and reached up and scratched him gently behind the ears, just the way he liked it.

Chris meanwhile was ranting about how amazing a hoverbike would be. He was like a child describing their ideal Christmas present.
"okay, we gotta get one of those. It would literally be the best thing that ever happened to us. And it would look badass. Like jaws dropping minds being blown badass. We'd just be like "where we're going we don't need roads", smirk and kick the thing into gear. And then we could do this amazing super badass landing in front of the villains and be all like " were here world."

"Said villain would probably eat it or step on it or something" Kit deadpanned back. "But yes, we gotta save our money for one. Even I admit we need it. Unless someone at the magic crap shop can enchant the bike. Hmmmmm..lets stop by later and put up a notice" Kit nodded to show that she accepted the answer before waiting to see what happened next.

Last edited:
Time: Time to stop these shenanigans

By the time he left the rude entomologist behind Eik already reverted to laughing like a maniac while the snake slithering through the sky at alarming speeds towards Carbon and Graviton's unconscious body. Or that was the case until he felt as he just face planted a wall, when he opened his eye he saw that he was now in some form of bubble that was probably the result the glowing silver guy that was flying through the sky. The old man squinted at him, trying to remember where he saw him before...

"Oh! You're the guy who got his ass stuck in the sun and then had to spend 3 months recovering!" he muttered before he saw the Avatar blast his snake into non-existence.

"NOOO Jörmungandr Jr.!" he said while slamming the floor of his bubble, before turning to look at the Avatar; "Is this because I reminded you about that time when a random alien guy dicked you over?? You shouldn't have done that to him, his dad killed or will kill, not quite sure to be honest, Thor!"

Now, will anyone tell me what happened? I've already cobbled together a rough idea of what occurred here, but I'd like to confirm my knowledge and corroborate it with your statements."

The old man got over the death of the snake rather quickly, as he sat down and then begun recollecting what happened up till now, maybe going back a bit too back.

"Well you see it all started back in the 90s, not quite sure on the specific but I'm sure it was that time when you guys got your asses handed to you a second time in Pittsburgh, apparently they call it the Cryosphere now for whatever reason, beyond me to be fair. Anyways my great great grandaughter and my great great grandson in law decided to go to America, but I told them not to go because after that nasty civil war you guys were really fucked. Nonetheless they didn't listen to me saying stuff like that was over a 100 years ago but I decided to go with them, so I could protect them. Hahaha, there's actually a funny story about that you see, when they asked me for my passport I was like "What's a passport?", anyways it's apparently something you need to cross to other countries, and I was like that's a bother so I just brain washed him into allowing me in. That really upset Boberta, my great great granddaughter, I should introduce you two you know? She's really sweet but she's just so uptight, reminds me of her mother, my great granddaughter Bobertia.

Anyways where was I? Yeah Boberta got really angry at me so she was like "You can't live with us, who knows what'll you'll teach the children" like any of those snot nosed uptight I'm uncultured could learn my magic, they're all too scared of a bit of hanging and gouging your eyes out, pfft Millenials am I right? So anyways, she stuck me into one of these old homes, but in my humble opinion everyone there was really young, like 100-80 you know what I mean? Basically babies. But yeah basically I think last Tuesday, or was it Monday? She visited me Boberta with her daughter Maria, a shitty name in my opinion but I digress, and since I am a good great greet great grandfather I was like "Why don't I speak with her, give her my wisdom you know?" and you know what she did the entire time? She spent time click clacking at that wretched mobile of hers, I mean it doesn't even move! So yeah I decided to save the current generation by destroying all technology so I made my way here on a boar, like any normal person, and when I decided to stop to stretch my old bones this I'm uncultured scared"
as he pointed at Carbon" my boar and then proceeded to choke that poor bastard into unconsciousness." as he pointed at Graviton.

Damafaud Damafaud Birdsie Birdsie Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

The Avatar [NPC]

The Avatar blinked.

He'd be lying if he said that he didn't pour some of his secondary power pool into 'super-cognition' just to understand and process everything the old man said.

Avatar proceeded to plot a course of dialogue and started by saying, in a polite tone, "Okay. I respect your decision to destroy all technology, but that won't actually help, with all due respect."

The gold-silver hero began to explain, "Assume you do destroy all technology - that won't actually help Maria pay attention to what you are saying. She and those of her generation would try to find new methods of communicating with each other and distracting themselves - for example, through magic - so technological phones would be replaced with magical phones, and she'd keep ignoring you. Either way, it wouldn't help solve the issue. The real problem is closer to the root; namely, Maria's behavioral attributes. I think the best way would be to talk with your great-great-great granddaughter and explain how you feel about her behavior, and that you care about her, and you'd like to bond with her and offer some of your wisdom because you love her." Avatar gave the old man an encouraging smile.

He turned to Carbon Dragon and nodded to the explanation. "Are you an independent hero?" he asked, as he crouched. Avatar's fingers opened as a light flashed in his palm and materialized into a pair of handcuffs, which he used to restrict Graviton's hands. He then aimed his hand at Graviton and let off a silver-blue wave; Carbon's systems would inform him it was some sort of electric pulse.

Avatar raised his head, as if peeling his ears in search of something and said, "The police is on the way, alongside the Metahuman Response Team. Please, hand Graviton over to them. I'll go take care of Brick."

Avatar took off, leaving behind his characteristic silver and golden light.
June Verles June Verles Damafaud Damafaud Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser

Last edited:

Lilian White

lilian-jpg.572387

Miss Pharmacist
The Bronx; Alleyway
Determined; Bombs away

Interaction: Brick
A voice called for her. Lilian turned to see a match to the picture of Brick she had on screen. Her eyes, widened, now filled with horror. Not good. She put her gloved hand to her mouth once more, swallowing another Soldier Pill and a Cognition Pill, a nootropic of her own creation. The effect was instantaneous. The pain in her left arm and back dulled. Her surrounding became more vivid. Every colour was screaming to be seen. Every detail demanded her attention.

What she needed to do next was clear.

Lilian dropped her phone. Her hand moved swiftly to recover the pepper spray from her side. She leaped to the wall behind her, glove momentarily digging into the concrete. She threw the pepper spray at a spot in the trajectory of Brick's fist. Then she jumped over the giant's head in a superhuman feat, and moved even further from the pepper spray.

A pepper spray could have an attack radius of 2 meter only because the substance inside was essentially pressurised vapor. In short, it was an aerosol can. Capsaicin, the main component of pepper spray, was known as highly flammable substance. What would happen when said substance was pressurised further into vapor and placed in a container, then the container was punctured? There would be an explosion.

Now, what would happen if instead of a puncture, the container was hit by an excessively large amount of force?

There would be an explosion. A bigger one.

Mention: Brick and Avatar ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Carbon Dragon ( Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser ), Eik Yfirgefin ( June Verles June Verles )

Carbon Dragon_l.png

Carbon Dragon

As Avatar flew off, Carbon forgot to tell him on more detail about him. It wasn't important, but considering what happened today he knew this was just the beginning of something. Either way, he looked down to Graviton who was still out cold and handcuffed now. He stood up and carried the unconscious villain. Before he left he turned his head towards the old man to say one last thing. "Have a good day sir." He said through his voice modifier. After he spoke he jumped down the building, using his A-Jets to slow the descent. He stood up to see the area now relatively clear, with police and the MRT near-by.

He calmly walked over to the forces who quickly asked Carbon to identify himself. "The Metal Man. Here, Avatar said to give this one to you." Was all he said as he handed over Graviton to them. As they took him, still in somewhat disbelief on what Carbon had just said, he began to go the other way towards where Brick and Avatar were. Before the police and MRT could ask him any more questions, he quickly ran towards where Brick was located on his radar. While he was further away than last time, it would take less than a minute with him running towards the area. Although he wasn't expecting to fight anything since Avatar was here.

As he got closer, he saw Avatar at the scene with Brick and a girl. The girl was avoiding Brick and used some tricks to try and incapacitate him herself. Was she another person like him? Possibly, but given everything that has gone down today anything is possible.

Interactions: Avatar/Graviton/Brick ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Lillian ( Damafaud Damafaud ), Eik ( June Verles June Verles )

Brick + Avatar [NPCs]

Brick growled, pulling the energy back through his limb and laminating himself in red as the explosion took place. The pepper burned and vaporized as it made contact with the red forcefield wreathing his body. He huffed out some air in frustration.

The supervillain turned around, expecting a little woman that should be easy to kill.

Instead, he was met with a glowing silver-gold sucker punch straight into his nose. The hammering blow shattered his forcefield and threw him across the street, making him pat against the ground several times like a rock tossed across the surface of a lake.

A profoundly unfortunate truck finally broke his momentum, being broken itself, developing a deep indentation in its side; both the chassis and frame were bent inwards.

Brick pushed back with his shoulders, managing to gouge himself out of the near-hole he created. He stumbled on his first two steps, then stopped on his third and looked up, his eye pupils dilating as he tried to refocus on whatever golden thing floated in front of him.

No such luck. Before his tunnel vision could pass or he could focus enough to react to the threat, he received an overhead karate chop that demolished his forcefield - which had just about finished remaking itself at that point - and crumbled his right shoulder-bone, some of his ribs, both of his tibias, and did some internal damage from blunt trauma, including ruptured arteries, internal bleeding, and organ damage, causing him to twist over in agony and fall to the ground as he screamed rather loudly.

Avatar clicked his tongue sheepishly, a little embarrassed by the excess of force, then let a golden light wash over Brick's body, causing his pain to recede as his wounds healed to a manageable state, but not a state where he'd get up and run around wilfully again.

The superhero, satisfied with the amend of his action, floated two stories upwards to get a better look of the street before he waved his hand. A silver light glimmered in every damaged place and object on the street, be it the abundant cracks in the buildings' walls or the gray tarmac, the destroyed truck, or the damaged vehicles. In just seconds, the objects were fully repaired, the silver light dissipating.

Avatar floated back down to the ground to cuff up Brick without further ado, the supervillain being too dazed to really protest.

Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles

Last edited:
Carbon Dragon_l.png

Carbon Dragon
When Carbon finally approached the scene everything had already been wrapped up. Witnessing a punch and chop far stronger than what Carbon could pull off normally, he slowed his approach. He stopped next to the girl in question, who he deemed as just someone defending herself. He nodded at her. "Nice moves." He said with his deep electronic voice modifier. Carbon then approached Avatar, who had by this point handcuffed Brick. He then looked at Brick as he stood next to Avatar.

Carbon looked up to Avatar and spoke. "Thanks for the help, don't know if I would have survived that fall." He said with gratitude. "If you got this guy then I'll be on my way." He said. But before fully walking away, he got closer to Avatar and whispered. "By the way, I have something important to talk with you about. If you don't mind meeting somewhere private, on your own terms of course, I would much appreciate it." The girl and Brick could definitely hear he was saying something to the greatest hero of all time, but not know exactly what.

Interactions: Avatar ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Lillian ( Damafaud Damafaud )

Yuudai Takanosu
Nebula Brigade Building,
NYC

Capture+_2019-05-02-19-47-31.png

Yuudai starred in awe when the two superheroes looked back at him and stepped aside to let him through. He couldn't help getting the nervous feeling of being in a spotlight, would it be like this when he became a professional? While in mid-thought a nice woman pulled Yuudai to the side and told him about the situation.
"You're part of the Brigade, right? I'll catch you up to speed later, they're asking for our pen-names..."
Yuudai looked over at the lady and nodded, "Alright thank you," he answered contently, then turning his attention back to the superheroes he told his alias. The fact he turned up late seemed less embarrassing now, and no one seemed focused on his tardiness so he brushed it off, for the time being.

When the chairs were manifested Yuudai took his seat. He crossed his right foot over his left knee, then intertwined his fingers, braced his chin between his index fingers and thumbs, then slightly leaned forward, and as the group was being lectured he listened intently. Yuudai was one of those people gifted with a very sturdy recollect. He could remember things as if they were written into his memory if he cared enough to remember them.

When he was handed the manual he tucked it under his chair, and when people asked questions he turned his head and listened. It was like second nature to him, listening to rules and tactics or. Then the Avatar phased through the window and left, seemingly from a call to danger.
"He always does that... Any other questions?"

The hero asked. Yuudai thought over it for a moment, as somebody was already asking a question. When the girls asked request was fulfilled Yuudai took the opportunity to put in his two cents, "This might be unrelated but what will we be doing after this?" he asked, "I'm not entirely sure since I wasn't here to hear the schedule."

Birdsie Birdsie Thepotatogod Thepotatogod _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Eldarkon Eldarkon Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Epiphany Epiphany Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko Damafaud Damafaud June Verles June Verles Shurian Shurian

Last edited:
Bleu-Blanc-Rouge [NPC]

"Well, when the Avatar deigns to grace us with his renewed presence, we'll be doing power-testing," Rouge explained curtly. "And after that, a tour of the facilities, though neither me nor Avatar will be present for this part, I believe. And after that, one of the officers will walk you through the usage of monitoring equipment, and if anything turns up, either me or Avatar — or perhaps even the both of us — will go with you into the city to investigate. Think of it as a training exercise." Rouge offered a warm smirk when he said the words 'training exercise;' either something he enjoyed or was experienced in. Probably both.

Leticia Herschel
Nebula Brigade Building - Director's Office
Time: 10:15

Power Testing?

She shuddered. There was no way she could use her powers in any way possible at this point in time.
Oh... A sound AOE attack that does nothing but deafens allies? Dear me...

Of course, before the incident, she could do a lot of cool things with it, like tuning the sound to higher frequencies for silently scouting school halls, figuring out how many people were in the halls. Or even better, just adding that little touch to her music. Just by directing her power to her voice, she could project her voice like a megaphone. Who needed microphones right? Not to mention, she could use the vibrations to do a little warmup on her legs before exercising, was very helpful. It also helped kill any form of aftereffects from anaerobic exercise. Also, for a prank, she could redirect the sound away from someone, making them temporarily deaf. Not that she ever would... Could...

Now, all she had was this eardrum breaking noise from her hands that could be heard from miles around. All the cool things she could do were locked out from her existence.
Yet, even if she could suddenly gain control of her powers, how many years had it been? 3 years? She wouldn't count on it.

I'll have to count on Taito then. Though...

She connected a wire to the USB port in her gloves, while connecting the other end to her phone in her bag. It beeped as it started charging...

Oh, there was one more thing to think of. So she followed Yuudai's question with one of her own.
"How are the powers going to be tested?"
We aren't going to test them on Avatar... are we?
Though it could be that Avatar rates each power himself.

MentionsInteractions: Birdsie Birdsie (Avatar, Bleu-Blanc-Rouge) Kana.M. Kana.M. (Yuudai)
Present: Thepotatogod Thepotatogod (Vienna/Maoh) Eldarkon Eldarkon (Aka) Shinrinyuko Shinrinyuko (Toby) Damafaud Damafaud (Brie) June Verles June Verles (Sasha) Reinhardt Reinhardt (Cecil) _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Chris/Kit) Epiphany Epiphany (Mercy)
Close By: N/A

Last edited:

Lilian White

lilian-jpg.572387

Miss Pharmacist
The Bronx; Alleyway
Relieved; Taking a breather

Interaction: Carbon Dragon
As she landed, Lilian bended her legs and lowered her head. An 8 meter fall could break some bones. As her legs touched the ground, Lilian propelled herself to spring away once more. She didn't believe Brick would fall easily. On the second jump, she took the time to glance back- and almost smashed face first into a wall.

The one and only Avatar was laying waste to Brick. The giant did not look fine with blood running down his body. Avatar gave Brick a head chop when he tried to stand up, which broke more than just a few bones on his body. Lilian flinched when she heard the giant screamed in agony. Really, she made the right call not to join the supervillain industry. Facing Avatar was nothing short of suicide.

Lilian remained silent as she spectated Avatar healing Brick and restoring the collateral damage from the fight. Even her motorcycle was repaired. Carbon Dragon landed beside her before she could react and praised her move. He didn't notice she was the one that threw that gas canister.

"Thank you," response Lilian to the praise. Then she fell to her knees, taking a deep breath.

Even if she wanted to reload her chemical canister, retrieved the broken chemical spray, and did what she should in an aftermath of a fight, she couldn't do any of them with Carbon Dragon and Avatar nearby. She did the only thing she could and that was resting.

Really, after all that she had went through, she really deserve a breather.

Mention: Brick and Avatar ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Carbon Dragon ( Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser ), Eik Yfirgefin ( June Verles June Verles )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back