• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern A Matter of Worth [OOC]

T
Created at
Index progress
Complete

superhero.png

Interest Check

• [div class=leaf style="animation-delay:0s,0s;text-align:center;margin-top:240px;padding-bottom:750px;"]Birdsie Entertainment™ proudly presents....

A brand new
    roleplay project...

Featuring
    Superheroes In Tight Spandex

Inspired by
    The Avatar's World

Directed by
    Bad Decisions

Screenplay by
    Depression

Produced by
    My Internal Self-Doubt

Co-Produced by
    Questionable Life Choices

Based on
    Anime and Wikipedia

Edited by
    Alcoholism

Starring
    RPNation

Co-Starring
    People Who Will Leave This Roleplay In Literally Ten Minutes

And Guest Starring
    The Slow & Wilting Screams of My Soul
    [/div][class name=leaf]
    max-width:60%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    font-size: initial;
    pointer-events: none;
    animation-name:{post_id}leafsfall,{post_id}leafsshake;
    animation-duration:65s,1s;
    animation-timing-function:linear,ease-in-out;
    animation-iteration-count:infinite,infinite;
    animation-play-state:running,running;
    [/class]
    [animation=leafsfall]
    [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0);[/keyframe]
    [keyframe=100] transform: translateY(-100%);[/keyframe]
    [/animation]
    superhero.png

Gadgets, Weapons & Items:
Designed after the late Storm Knight's armour, the NE-1 power Armour amplifies and controls the massive amounts of electrical energy that his body generates, allowing him to concentrate less when using abilities. The suit better enhances his electrical aura by focusing energy near his back, contains enough energy to power his body two times over, and provides him with the durability of a tank.

Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of dozens of martial arts
- Above average reflexes (When not amped)
- Really good at climbing and parkour

Superpowers & Special Abilities:
Red Thunder is an extremely powerful and resourceful superpower. It Aka's body to generate an extremely large amount of bio electricity, manifesting as red lightning bolts. Aka can use this electricity for a multitude of offensive and defensive purposes. His most basic use of the quirk is channeling the electrical energy into his muscles, amplifying his already impressive physical capabilities. When using this ability, Aka's skin glows a crimson red and his body discharges bolts of electricity. He can run extremely fast, jump long distances, and easily punch through solid granite. However, this can seriously damage his body if he isn't careful and his strength and speed are relative to his energy output. Another ability of the power is creating a bright defensive electrical aura that surrounds his body, shielding him from impacts and physical attacks. Aka can even shoot lightning from his hands and create electrical based projectiles, although these abilities drain him the most. last but not least, Aka can use his ability to discharge electricity onto other people, electrocuting them with the touch of his hand. However, as powerful as these abilities may seem, they do have some limitations and drawbacks. Aka's body holds a limited amount of energy, and is essentially a walking battery. Right now his body contains enough energy to power 5 city blocks, but that's far from his maximum potential. Different abilities take up different amounts of energy, with aura and projectile abilities costing more than physical amps.
Doesn't a lot of this seem redundant to you? He can damage his body if he isn't careful, but he wears power armor that gives him the durability of a tank, so it isn't a real weakness. I also don't get how electricity can boost one's physical condition, but sure. In that same way, isn't the defensive aura redundant?

The weakness seems quite arbitrary as well, but I won't argue it; I just have concerns regarding the power level of this.

Is there any particular place/time the characters have to start at?
Also is NYPD still a thing or are they now considered redundant?

Last edited:
Doesn't a lot of this seem redundant to you? He can damage his body if he isn't careful, but he wears power armor that gives him the durability of a tank, so it isn't a real weakness. I also don't get how electricity can boost one's physical condition, but sure. In that same way, isn't the defensive aura redundant?

The weakness seems quite arbitrary as well, but I won't argue it; I just have concerns regarding the power level of this.
Well he isn't wearing the power armor 24/7 XD. But I'll make sure to add a drawback for him wearing the armor, as I do think that most of the time he shouldn't be wearing it. After all, Batman doesn't always wear his hellbat suit

Well he isn't wearing the power armor 24/7 XD. But I'll make sure to add a drawback for him wearing the armor, as I do think that most of the time he shouldn't be wearing it. After all, Batman doesn't always wear his hellbat suit
Fair enough.

This sounds really interesting. Though I have to ask: How many characters are allowed per player? I love RPing multiple characters, so I'd really appreciate being allowed to RP at least two or three characters.

This sounds really interesting. Though I have to ask: How many characters are allowed per player? I love RPing multiple characters, so I'd really appreciate being allowed to RP at least two or three characters.
I'd be willing to accept 2-3.

Says the discord invite is invalid, any chance another one could be put up?
Sorry, I didn't check OOC because no one tagged me.

Here: Join the The Bird's Nest Discord Server!

Sentry-Wide-Social-Share-400x209.jpg
BASIC INFORMATION
Name
: Project #013, Timothy Dean Turner
Aliases: Solar Flare (Project Solar Flare)

PERSONAL
Sexuality
: Heterosexual
Organizations\Affiliations: Omnicorp (Strained), New York Fighting League (Former)
Backstory/Profile:
Omnicorp had been spending the last decade trying to create super soldiers of their own. Weapons of mass destruction, "properly utilized" could not only "enforce" Omnicorp's image of the world, but also be sold to other governments and underground markets for financial gains. Of course they'd have some sort of fail safe in each and every one of their soldiers in the case things went... awry.
Timothy Turner lived the normal life of any other Manhattan citizen. Went to school, had breakups, relationships, and when the time came, he went professional in the sport he loved. Timmy was a New York legend in the boxing ring ever since his high school days, and it wasn't much different in the NYFL where he'd become the heavyweight champ every season since his third. But with every super hero story, there's a terribly awful climax. In what was just an unfortunate event, Timothy was knocked out in the heavyweight final fight, left with one of the biggest losses in North American boxing, as well as a major concussion that would change the 30 year old man's life forever. Now, Timothy was fairly wealthy through boxing and endorsements. Paying for healthcare wouldn't be difficult. But over time, the effects of the brutal knockout only got worse and worse. He was losing his memory, having nervous breakdowns and anger outbursts. In spite of all the hardships, he wanted to box again, and be a father to his only son, Thomas Turner, and husband to then-wife, Petra Whittaker-Turner.
In an attempt to try and salvage and fix whatever of him was left, Timmy volunteered for an experimental Omnicorp project that was supposed to be some sort of test for a type of sped-up rehabilitation. Perhaps it would've fixed whatever problem lingered in his brain. Following all the needed tests and protocols, Timmy was put down into a pod chamber for the tests to begin. What was promised to be a few weeks turned to months of testing, though for Timmy all this just felt like a long sleep. His family phoned, and were left without answers before Omnicorp pronounced him dead a year into the treatment.
In reality, they only continued testing for what took up more than 5 years of Timmy's life before he was involuntarily given an opportunity to wake from his slumber. Without his former memories, Timmy went on a rampage in the Omnicorp facility, killing hundreds of scientists and workers in a bloodbath of rage and anger, leaving the facility in flames at his wake.
The destruction of an offshore Omnicorp facility is most likely on most news stations and hero/villain radar, though whereabouts of the escaped subject is unknown.
PHYSICAL
Appearance
:
]
images

sentry-1-e1432175426963.png

main-qimg-2d114f8a6a357cbfd4366a85af2032c6.webp
latest
Gadgets, Weapons & Items:
  • Photo-Sustainable Super Suit: A flexible, one-piece bodysuit built by Omnicorp and fitted for Timmy Turner, the supersuit is able to instead of burn to shreds when Timmy uses his photokinesis, absorb and expel the energy rather than burn. It allows Timmy slightly better control over his powers. The crest on the suit's belt also represents the 'Solar Flare' which is what he'd been dubbed as an Omnicorp experiment. The cap present is also there to help maneuver in flight, and the slightly bulkier gauntlets help hone his optic beams.
Skills & Abilities:
  • Timmy is an expert close quarters fighter, a skill that in his 5 years of rest has yet to fade, and is embedded in his muscle memory. He is able to parry, counter, and attack swiftly, using his size and speed to his advantage. With him waking up to these extraordinary abilities, he's most likely going to grow into a mixture of optic and close quarters attacks.
  • Something the former Timmy Turner was once good at in his youth, now that Timmy appears younger than he was prior to the Omnicorp experiment, his charming side should eventually return.
Superpowers & Special Abilities: Photokinesis Timmy's cells have been genetically modified to absorb, fuel, and re-distribute photons.
  • Photokinetic Flight
  • Photokinetic Constructs
  • Photon/Optic Rays/Beams
  • Light Absorption
  • Superhuman Conditionning: Due to constantly being charged by the sun's rays, Timmy's body is always in peak conditioning, leaving him unnaturally fit and handsome.
  • Light Negation
Weaknesses:
  • Night-Time
  • Elongated Periods in Space
  • Unable to create his own light, (his powers come from absorbing and re-distributing it)
  • Light will pass through anything transparent
  • Darkness manipulation
  • Loss of memory, only partial fragments and pieces
FLUFF [Optional]
Hobbies
: N/A
Quote\s: "Timmy... Turner?"
Theme:

Seems plenty OP and I might've got carried away. You can accept/deny this but even if accepted, I'll probably wait till another arc before introducing Timmy.

1. Hey, fellas! Hope I have a fun and long tenure roleplaying with you lot.

2. I got my post up as quick as I could and replied based on what I'd read. There might be some errors, or things I overlooked so if you could please point them out here it'd be awesome.

3. I'm open to set out some pre-determined relationships between your characters and mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back