• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The garage looks a lot more like a school music room- there are bleachers against the back wall of the room, along with a carpet and some beanbags.
There’s a door to a shed labeled in octarian , ‘INSTRUMENTS’.
Calvin waits at his drum set while liam tunes her bass guitar

Jace sighed as he then turned towards where hybrids were going and he shrugged. "Well, better to go through that than wait for another potential brawl to happen between the other two.....hopefully that doesn't happen again." He mumbled as he then started to head down to the garage. While he was interested in music, he wanted to see what they would come up with.

“So far we have two songs not including the city of color and inkantation remixes.” Liam says, finally getting her guitar in tune, “Maritime Tragedy and Sugar High.”

The garage turned out to be nothing like she had imagined. It didn’t have that oily stink or even a car parked in it. It looked more like a classroom than anything.

But it was a bit chilly, even more so without a jacket. Hugging herself, visibly shivering, Nori settled down on the bleachers. Even though she was perched at the very end, there was still plenty of room for someone else to sit next to her. The last person she wanted that to be was Eelaine.

That’s when she noticed Jace. She didn’t completely hate him, and he probably didn’t care either way, so it wouldn’t hurt to ask...

“Hey, uh, Jack. You just gonna stand there the whole time?” She patted the spot next to her. “Come sit.”

As soon as they entered the garage, Nori proceeded to distance herself as far and as fast as squidly possible from Eelaine.
The slight smile on her face quickly faded, but what did she expect? Maybe she should just give her some space for now.
Looking around aimlessly, she settled for a nice spot on the cold, hard cement floor and plopped down.
Now that the show was about ready to begin, she actually felt herself getting excited.
Eelaine couldn't wait to see what the two siblings came up with.

"I personally wouldn't mind hearing Maritime Tragedy..." The Inktoling spoke as he crossed his arms. Jace then flinched when he heard Nori speak to him, surprised that she went down here with him. He raised an eyebrow as he watched the Octoling for a moment. On one hand, he didn't want to deal with her if she was going to continue acting the same way she did...on the other hand, she was still learning too. He shrugged slightly before he then sat down next to her. "It's Jace." He reminded.

The song they played first off had lyrics in both Inklish and Octarian. It was very mellow and reminiscent of older music. Liams voice was buttery and sweet as she sang the song- “you’re my maritime, tragedy, my heart sinks like the titanic. Whenever you’re, around me, i just can’t help but to panic, what will it take for you to see, that you’re a maritime, tragedy, fooor me. . .”

After everything that happened, she didn’t expect the inktoling to actually accept her offer. So when he really did sit next to her, Nori’s brain started to scramble. She fidgeted in her seat, flustered. “Uh, yeah. Got it.”

Thankfully, the music started before things got too awkward. Though the kid came off as an annoying brat when they first met, she couldn’t deny that Liam had talent. Guess that just comes with being the daughter of a famous pop idol.

“Wow.” Nori looked like she had just been swept up by a tidal wave—she was completely blown away.

Jace stared at Liam as he watched and listened to her sing. He didn't expect it to be so amazing. Heh....she sounds like her mother. He thought as he continued to watch her. Now he was uncertain if he would be able to get the spot that would be ushered out to be alongside Off the Hook.

Liam exceeded him by a lot....but that wasn't going to stop him from trying.

Eelaine was speechless. She didn't know what she expected, but her expectations were exceeded by a landslide. She probably would've fallen over and spit out her drink if she wasn't already sitting and thirsty.
She glanced over at Nori and Jace and even they were enjoying the show. Liam and her brother definitely had that in sync sibling energy.
She remembered both Fiona and Marie sleeping in the other rooms and was now very terrified of an angry squid sister lashing out at the competition.
But then again, maybe they would have a sing-off, which got Eelaine excited again.
For now, she was just going to enjoy it while it lasted.

The song ends, and everyone is quiet for a bit.

The twins turn to everyone and smile, simultaneously saying- “what do you think?”

Jace stared at the two of them before he then sighed. "I don't think I'll be able to compete with you if we enter this competition." He responded as he then leaned back, already crossing his arms before he then laughed, "But y'all are really amazing!"

About 5 minutes later, music kicked into the bedroom.
And of course they still make it impossible to sleep in here!
Of all times they had to be annoying directly, it had to be when she needed beauty sleep. She wanted to run into the room and yell at them to quit it. But then she calmed herself down, realizing that this isn't her house, and the hosts technically have full authority. Since the only host that could shut them down is as drunk as a dace, there was no point in fighting. Her hair was finally returning to her more natural state.
From what she could hear, the melody didn't sound bad at all. They put heart into the piece. The lyrics were hard to hear with the walls in the way, but they weren't needed. It wasn't the Inkantation, but they still gave it thought and effort.
The song came to an end, but Fiona expected more music to play, so she got out her phone from her parka pocket and started to browse around the SplatNet.
If I can't sleep I'll find something to do until the concert ends.

Just when Liam and her brother were about to do an encore, an aggravated Marie came stomping down the steps. She burst into the garage, her face a mix of red and blue and looking ready to explode.
She took a deep breath but stopped halfway.
The squid's face froze up. Something about seeing the two siblings stand there in her garage, armed with instruments and music must have reminded her of something. She softened up and she smiled slightly.
Though she didn't say a word to Liam or her brother, it was very clear what she felt right then.

Their moment was interrupted by strange noises coming from down the hallway.
"Some o' you left the dryer on or somethin'?"
She stepped outside to find the corridor flooded with bubbles and soap. Her attitude flipped back immediately.
"WHICH ONE OF YOUS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?! I wel- *hic*... come you into my house and this is how you thank me? Unacceptable!"
She rushed towards the mess coming from the laundry room. A few moments later she returned, the others now gathered in front of the door. Whether it was the music or the stress, she seemed to have sobered up by now.

"Thing's been busted for a while now. That's why I wash my things by hand. Well, you certainly can't stay down here anymore, so get your friend and make your way upstairs. You'll be safer up there."

Liam and calvin scramble to protect their instruments from the oncoming wave of suds- Liam straps her guitar to her back and helps her brother with his drum set.
It’s general panic trying to get the music equipment to safety.

Then the bass kicked. Hard.
Oh... wait... nope nevermind it's just Marie bursting in.
She can hear the distant yelling of the angry idol from the garage, but only from a distance.
She puts her phone away and opens the bedroom door. She doesn't see anything, but the rumbling of something sounds really loud. It obviously isn't an instrument but... Eh, may as well just wait in the room.
She falls back into her bed. She's getting really tired now, and her eyes begin to feel a bit more heavy. Though, she's not out for the count yet. Especially with that noise from the garage.

Just when it was starting to get better, it got worse. Much worse. Even from the garage, Nori could see the bubbly mess spill out into the hallway. A wave of dread washed over her. This couldn’t be her fault, could it? Even Marie said that the machine was broken, how could she have known?

Either way, she wasn’t about to admit to anything. Nori figured that a celebrity would have the cash to pay for some kind of professional cleaner, so it probably wasn’t that big of a deal…

There was nothing they could do but do what they were told. Like a bad little squid being sent to her room, she marched upstairs.

Jace watched the suds from the washing machine rise up from it and he quickly started to go upstairs after Nori. He wondered how that thing was still functioning even with it being on the fritz, though he wasn't going to actually question Marie about it. Better to save it for another time or never at all.

"Guess I can just sit on the couch..." He mumbled as he then crossed his arms, knowing that he at least got to hear one song from Liam and ber brother. The Inktoling rubbed his forehead before he then started to yawn a bit. A part of him wasn't more used to just taking things easy. His slight hunger for adventure was due to his time as Agent 4, and now he was missing that.

“Um- a little help here!?” Liam and her brother were still helplessly attempting to drag Calvin’s drum set into a safe spot, and it did not look easy.

Calvin winces- “so heavy- my arms are gonna fall off-“

Jace glanced over behind him before be then sighed but he knew that helping them could work out. He stretched his arms out and he turned around, already heading back down from where he was to go assist the siblings. "Yeah, I gotcha.." He mumbled before he then looked around the garage, "Seems we'll need to bring this someplace else...it might need to be brought upstairs, though."

The Inktoling Agent knelt down and began to move his hands over to help out with the drum set, hoping that this would work with them.

Eelaine jumped up as soon as she heard Marie enter.
A few moments later her heart followed suit and skipped a beat when the idol mentioned the washing machine.
She followed and no kiddin', there it was, the floor barely even visible anymore under a thick yet fluffy layer.
Realising her hoodie was presumably still in the washer, beads of sweat formed on the squids brow.
If Marie were to find out she was involved with this, she'd surely be thrown out of the house. She'd already caused enough damage for today, and now she'd be responsible for wrecking a popstar's home.
Wanting to flee the scene as fast as possible, she headed the other way until she heard snoring from the other side of a door.
Not even knocking, she unlocked and let herself in.
"Fiona! Wake up!! There's a thing and-... you gotta go..." Despite her best efforts, Fiona seemed unresponsive.
"Well" , she thought to herself, "Surely Marie was exaggerating. There was no way those bubbles would actually pose any real threat to anyone. Right?"
Reluctantly, she left the room and closed the door behind her. Fiona would be just fine. Probably. The inkling was about to head upstairs to join Nori and Marie, but found her way blocked by three octolings unsuccessfully trying to transport a drumset up the steps.
Her position made it impossible to pass by them or help them with their task, so she could do nothing but stand around feeling useless. She spotted a drumstick the band must've dropped earlier and went to pick it up.
"H-hey Liam- and... Colin was it? I think you dropped this."

“It’s calvin-“ the twins and Jace were desperately trying to complete the home stretch and get the drum set to safety. Luckily, just in time, the three set it near a wall where the bubbles surely wouldn’t reach.

Calvin takes his drumstick, and liam falls onto the floor, exhausted.

Jay knelt down to Liam and he wrapped his arm around her waist, lifting her up so that she could lean against him if need be. "There you go. Can't have you be on the floor like that, now can we?" He asked with a slight grin as he then chuckled quietly at his own tease.

"Nnggh... alright, cod..."
She got up to see bubbles slowly get into the room.
Aw great, so much for being fine with everything.
Luckily enough, it hadn't soaked the entire room yet. She quickly grabbed her parka, which held her stuff, put on her boots, and ran up the stairs.
The bubbly mess had soaked the hallway, and it looks like the band equipment just barely made it upstairs before-
She looks to see Liam resting on Jace's shoulder.
"Uhhh... sorry to interrupt your... moment."
She quickly shuffles away. Then she realizes she no longer gets a bed. Woohoo.
"So we're sleeping on the floor now? Or is there a bedroom that isn't Marie's that we could sleep in?"
She was tired, and slumped over slightly. She just wanted to go to bed, it was written all over her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back