• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Liam adjusts her backpack- “maybe i should just go to band practice- i brought everyone into this mess, i suppose leaving for a while would be giving y’all a break.”

She blinked at Jace, completely blank. “Me?” Why did it have to be her? Nori didn’t sign up for any of this, and yet here she was being bossed around as if they were still collecting golden eggs.

Her face twisting into its usual scowl, she shot back. “Oh, no, you guys aren’t dumping this on me.”

As fast an an eel stings, she grabbed them both by the wrist and started dragging them along behind her. If she had to suffer, everyone had to suffer with her. “C’mon, move! There’s no way that idiot’s gonna make it on her own.”

A few minutes later, Fiona looks over her shoulder to see that Eelaine reappeared from the sewer grate. She quickly looks away, hoping Eelaine didn't notice.
Eep! What's she doing back so early?
She quickly put something into her pocket and pulled out her phone, looking for something to browse. Her parka was littered with yellow ink stains. The table had a few as well.
Aw squid, act natural! She might be checking in!
She swipes up and down at some random social media posts on her phone, not even paying attention to what they are. She feels like she's going to start sweating under pressure. She continued looking at her phone trying her best to ignore Eelaine, not even noticing that the rest of the crew was only a bit behind.

“Fiona! FIONA! Help! Nori is dragging us and i think it’s cutting off circulation! Also hey do you have my photoooooooOOOOW!! Nori! Stop tugging!” The inktoling winces in pain when Nori tugs harder

And then Liam called out.
"L-Liam?"
She looked behind her, putting her phone away, and this time noticed everyone coming back.
"Nori! Quit being so rude to our guests! We just met them!"
Then she looked at Eelaine. And she looked... well let's just say not that great.
"E-Elaine? Is something up? I can see that you don't look to well..."
She looked back at the others.
"What the heck are were you guys doing down there?! Torturing each other?!"
She spoke with actual concern, unlike where these phrases are usually meant as a joke. Seeing Nori dragging Jace and Liam with Eelaine looking sick all the way down, something HAD to have happened.

“Well ya see there was this whole thing where you mentioned a thing that made me cry, and then I dramatically revealed my secret identity or something, and then i was hugging my mom when Eelaine threw up and passed out, so we went to help Eelaine before i remembered- OH CARP! I’m still late for band practice-!”

"Huh? Oh, me? Yeah, I'm good."
She wiped some unsavoury substance from her mouth. Trying to forget all about the past few minutes and move on, she asked;
"Whatcha doin'?"
Being back on the surface already made Eelaine feel better, if not by much. She could feel there was still something wrong, but she already worried everyone enough, so she'd try to keep it a secret.
The squid looked back to see Nori's head pop out of the grate, the others behind her. "Oh hey. What took you so long?" She had no idea why she would ever say something like that, but she did. And it felt good.

Nori’s hands dropped to her sides, where they balled up into tight fists. A flash of white hot anger struck like lightning, making her visibly shake. She didn’t know what it was exactly, but there was something about the inkling that she really didn’t like. Something that she hated.

“Oh, so you’re making jokes now?” Her voice was venom. “I knew you were full of it. No way anyone could get that sick outta nowhere.”

She was lying. She really did fall for the trick, or what she thought was one, and for a few nanoseconds back there she actually felt…worried? Not anymore. That all went up in flames the moment Eelaine opened her stupid mouth.

Snorting at Fiona’s little comment, she added. “You know what? That’s starting to sound like a good idea.”

“W-woah woah woah-“ liam tries to get between the two, “let’s not fight ok? It’ll only make this all worse. J-just come down-“ she does her best to console Nori, however full expecting to be hit in the face.

"What I'm doing right now doesn't matter. Looks like Nori's turned into a psycho."
She walked past Eelaine and over to Nori. Her usually kind demeanor suddenly vanished. It was replaced with a mean, demanding voice and tone. Her eye brows came more defined, and her tentacle hair seemed to shorten slightly.
"Drop Liam, drop Jace, drop the fight. Now."
She was pissed. It was almost strange for her to act like this considering how she seemed before, but it was over, she was tired of today, she wanted everything over with. And this meant making sure that no one was kidnapped in front of her. Going to court was not something she wanted to do now.
Her eyes glared directly into Nori's. She seemed to ignore everything else around her. No matter how many other squids were looking at her, she was going to get Nori to stop it at any cost.

Nori was a ticking time-bomb now. One wrong move, and there was going to be an explosion larger than the one that made humanity go extinct millions of years ago. “Get lost, bottom feeder,” she spat. And if that wasn’t good enough of a warning, she also made sure to give Fiona a hard shove. “Go stick your big nose in someone else’s business for once. This is between me and that lying pukesack!”

Last edited:
That's when Eelaine finally snapped.
She didn't know why or what caused it, but for some reason the octolings' words finally pushed her over the edge.
She cranked back her arm and struck forward with full force. After realising what she'd done, she recoiled and staggered backwards.
She wanted to say something, but couldn't think of anything. Instead she just stood there. Silence cloaking over the group like a thick layer of ink.

Jace watched as he saw Nori shove Fiona and that had caused Eelaine to punch her in return. All he could do was scowl before he then quickly grabbed the Octoling by the arms, making sure not to have any more conflict.

"First you insult her by saying she's lying and then you shove another. What the actual carp is wrong with you?! You get angry over a situation where she was clearly having a problem! You're just...if anything, you're the bottom feeder for how you're acting..." He spoke, his grip tightening.

“O-ok- c-can we- c-c-can we please just stop f-fighting-?” Liam was panicking- her friends were fighting, and she was sure it was all her fault. She was the one that had made Eelaine freak out.
Next they were going to pull out guns in the middle of the street and start up her trigger song.
Liam grabs Jace by the wrist- he was clearly the strongest of the people fighting, so she didn’t want it to get worse.
“Ok why don’t we just- er- go over here! C’mon-“ she starts running to Marie’s house- there was no time to get on the bus, this was urgent.

A sharp crack had rung out when a fist connected with Nori’s face. Her mask crumpled from the impact and sank to the ground. That made it pretty easy to see the ink gushing out from her nose and the hot tears pooling in her eyes. If Jace hadn’t been holding her back, she wouldn’t even be standing.

Stunned, the octoling looked down at the hand she used to wipe off some of the mess. The sight of her own ink made her stomach flip. “You…” Her voice came out thin, distant, like she was a thousand miles away.

“You sucker!” Nori screamed, spittle flying out of her mouth. She tried to move, but could only manage one shaky step. “What…What the shell is your problem?!”

There she went again.
Any regret from before seemingly vanished, her eyes turned red with pure rage. The inkling turned to tackle her adversary and they both hit the ground hard. But the horror didn't end there.
The reserved Eelaine from only hours ago no longer recognisable in the monstrous display before them, now mounted atop her victim, battering the octoling relentlessly.
Finally out of breath, she seemed to returned to her normal self and simply stared at Nori.
Her mouth agape at the sight of her own doing, she stumbled back to her feet.
The squid sheepishly extended a hand towards her cowering crewmate, before retracting it again.
A single tear rolled down her face.
"This isn't me", she whispered feebly. "I swear."
Nobody knew what to say. The dusky sky acted as a subtle reminder of the day's nearing conclusion.

Liam didn’t see any of it, and frankly, for this she was grateful. She held on tight to jaces wrist, running and crying.
Why did they have to fight? Just when she got friends, she ruined everything.
bursting into Marie’s house, Liam collapses on the couch.
“. . . I’m sorry.” She sobs into a pillow.

There were no more screams. There was no time. Nori once again found herself sprawled out on the pavement. Her ears were ringing and a throbbing pain replaced the icy shock she was submerged in just moments before. Luckily, she was able to shield herself with her arms for most of it. If she hadn’t…well, she would have been leaving in an ambulance.

“Ugh…” She tried to sit up, but even that was impossible. One of her eyes were swollen shut and turning a shiny purple, but with the other she could make out blurry shapes standing over her. One of them was probably Eelaine.

It was hard to speak with a split lip, so she just hocked a fat glob of ink on what she thought was the inkling’s shoe.

Jace was wanting to stop the brawling between Inkling and Octoling but he couldn't do that, due to him being taken with by Liam. He flinched slightly as he then was in Marie's home, already shocked by the fact that Liam decided come here. "Wait...sorry? Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything...." He spoke as he then started to shake his head, the Inktoling trying to comfort her.

“I-it’s all my fault- i-If i hadn’t dragged everyone to octo canyon- i-i-“ sob
Liam does her very best not to get any of her black, inky tears on Jace.

Last edited:
"N-No, Liam...it's not your fault..." Jace spoke as he then slowly rested a hand on her shoulder before slowly bringing the other Inktoling into a hug. Even when he just realized that he was still uniform, he didn't care about that as making sure that Liam was feeling better was his main priority at that moment.

The fight broke out and Fiona calculated the damage done.
Eelaine: Mental recoil
Nori: Physical Damage. Thought process: Unknown
Jace: Unharmed
Liam: Mentally hurt

Herself, however, she still hasn't changed back. Her glare was still on the fallen Nori.
"Why? Why do you do this? Do you think you are better than everyone here? Because, news flash, your phone broke to an accident. It was no one's fault but you can't deal with that so you pin it on someone to raise ego. Am I right?"
She cocked her head slightly to the side. She was still in a completely deranged state.
"Because if that's the case you can forget it. We tried to get you a phone collectively, despite the fact you were shouting at us to do better the whole way."
Silence for a few seconds.
"I don't know what happened down there. I don't care what happened in there. But what you need to understand is, you need to shut your mouth, and be more supportive. I'm done with this bickering, fighting, and verbal attacking. Drop it all."
She takes another step closer and holds up a fist to her.
"NOW."
The glare was almost piercing. It was the only thing that could cut through the atmosphere that became so thick.

Groaning, Nori rolled onto her side. She picked up on most of the insults being flung her way, but much like everything else to her ringing ears, it just registered as TV static. She couldn’t even figure out who was saying them. Eelaine? Fiona? It didn’t matter. All of them…Every single one…

They all treated her the same.

Still disoriented, the octoling squinted at the dark figure standing over her. It was just like before, except this time, she wasn’t scared. Clutching her aching side, ink drooling out of her mouth, Nori muttered. “Ugh. Shut up.”

Grunting with the immense effort, she managed to prop herself upright. From there, she attempted to get off the ground, but instead ended up on her knees, doubled over in pain. Carp…she was in worse shape than she thought…

Last edited:
Still in disbelief and shock over what she had done, Elaine could do nothing but stare as seemingly everyone kept beating the downed octoling one way or another.
Though she hadn't been the nicest at times, surely nobody deserved to be treated like this. Why was no one going for Eelaine? She was the one to use excessive violence after all.
"C-c'mon, lemme help you with that." She grabbed the squids arm and put it over her shoulder. An apology was definitely in order, but the inkling just couldn't find the right words. How could she possibly ask for forgiveness after dishing out concussions on the pavement? She almost gave herself a headache just by asking so many questions. She glanced at Fiona to discern how she was feeling about all this, but tunred to face Nori again. She wondered if anyone could ever trust her again. All she wished for was for this clam day to end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back