• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
A fidgety Nori stood off to the side. Despite feeling right at home when she first arrived, that wasn’t the case anymore. Everything was wrong, unfamiliar, as if she had been dropped on the surface of Mars.

It didn’t help with Fiona showing up again. But as much as she despised the scabby little sea bass, she had a point. Groaning, Nori turned to Calvin, the only squid who knew this place better than anyone else. “Hey, kid, answer the question. Where are we all gonna sleep?”

Calvin panics- he looks around the room at all the chaos.
Soap bubbles were filling the hallway, the floor slowly being flooded with soapy water. One of his sister’s friends was yelling at him about where they were going to sleep, and he had no idea. His sister was passed out, and she couldn’t help him.
He looks at his shaking hands- “i- I DON’T KNOW, OK!?” The stressed inktoling boy runs out of the house.
His sudden exclamation wakes liam up, and she runs after him.

Marie, now back to her annoyed self, replied sternly: "Yeah, Callie's old room is down the hall there. If you're too fine for even that then feel free to get out of my house."
She must've realised how passive-agrressive that sounded, as she quickly added;
"But otherwise you're welcome to stay as long as you behave and don't cause any more floodings. I stored some extra mattresses and an old sofa in Callie's room, so hopefully everyone will find a spot. I'd invite you into mine, but I need my peace and quiet."
Despite not intervening, watching as Calvin and Liam ran off made Marie's face grow visibly sad with worry.
"I'd better get after them. They can't just stay out there in the cold. Find some rest and... stay fresh and all that."
Marie descended down the stairs and left the remaining squids to themselves again.

Last edited:
"Callie's room is fine. Better there than the streets."
Preferred Callie anyway...

She let Marie run and paused. She wanted peace and quiet. Alone time. The less people with her, the better. Though, it was most likely that Nori would try to take the only person here she can currently tolerate, leaving Fiona with Eelaine. Better than all four of them.
"You guys divide yourselves up to take this room or Callie's, I'll take whatever no one else takes."
She leans up against a nearby wall, and takes off her boots. She is still wearing her parka, now with one hand in a pocket. She casts her predictions, and prepares for the fight.

None of the options were good ones. Two of them would probably slit her throat while she slept, and the other was, well, a dude. The thought of sharing a room with any of them made Nori’s skin crawl, but it wasn’t like there was much of a choice.

She bit her lip, unsure. “I’ll…have the couch.”

It took a moment, but once the courage was worked up, she looked to Agent 4. She was going to ask if he wanted to take the bed, but choked at the last second. Riled by her own incompetence, the octoling threw her hands up in exasperation. “Ugh, if any of you want the bed, take it! I don’t give a clam.”

After embarrassing herself for the third (or fourth) time that day, Nori retreated into Callie’s room.

After roaming the cold neighbourhood, accompanied only by dim streetlights and moonlight for what felt like an eternity, but was most likely about ten minutes, Marie was just about ready to give up.
That's when she spotted Calvin and Liam sitting on the sidewalk in the dark.
Trying to hide her relief, she yelled from the shadows.
"Hey... squids? Don't you think it's time to come home?"

Eelaine, petrified by Calvin's strong reaction, was torn between taking Nori up on her offer in a vain attempt of making up or sleeping in the hallway.
She waited for a while after the octoling entered Callie's old bedroom and timidly followed without a word.

The twins turn to her- gee, they didn’t expect marie of all people to follow them.
Calvin opens his mouth to state that he needs a bit more time, but can’t get that statement out before it starts to rain.

Nori and Eelaine depart for Callie's room. Considering the situation, sleeping in the main room sounds like the best option. Fiona turns to Jace.
"Sounds like I'm going to sleep in here. Where are you going?"
She then begins to take off her parka and boots once again, placing them in an open corner of the room. She sits atop the couch, but on the end of which, allowing Jace to still choose the couch if he so desires.
"Though, not gonna lie, I think Nori and Eelaine could use a talk. And it might also be in your interest not to anger Nori any more than she needs."
And if she gets mad at me, then I'll be sure that I give her a piece of MY mind!

Marie rolled her eyes and unfolded her parasol, holding it above her head.
"Come on then, before you two catch a cold. I'm sure you can do whatever you wanted out here inside with a hot cup of cocoa in hand, right? What do you say?"

They look at eachother and back- Marie may have been pretty cold, but the rain was colder.
They nod and take her up on this offer, running under the parasol, “thanks.” Liam awkwardly states.

Nori was in the middle of kicking off her boots when the door opened. From the corner of her eye she could see Eelaine slither into the room. Was this slimy sea snake really the only one willing to bunk with her?

The octoling sighed. Exhaustion settled over her shoulders like a heavy blanket. She tried to get comfortable on the couch but that just wasn’t happening. After a bit of squirming, she ended up looking like a mangled shrimp.

Well, time to say goodnight. Nori didn’t even bother looking at her roommate when she muttered, “I sleep with my eyes open. Don’t try anything stupid.”

"I feel like I'll sleep here as well. Not much I can do if those two sleep in Callie's room, and I'm positive that Marie would want to keep her room to herself." Jace shrugged a bit towards Fiona. He moved his arms behind his head as he then closed one eye, already turning towards the stairs. Hopefully, it wouldn't be that bad....if those two could actually sleep through the night without fighting, he would be impressed.

Calvin, Liam and Marie re-enter the house, soaking wet- it would appear that a thin parasol didn’t hold up against the rain very well.
They would set their jackets somewhere to dry, but were then reminded that most of the house was wet anyway thanks to the incident with the washing machine.
Anywho, there didn’t seem to be many other available spots to sleep, which they pondered on as they sipped the cocoa Marie had given them before heading up to her room. Calvin ends up finding an extra sleeping bag-

Liam sleeps on the stairs.

Eelaine remained silent. She had no intention of angering her roommate even further. She simply nodded, not caring if Nori would see her or not.
Even though she felt bad for taking the bed, she knew better than to argue.
Hopefully tomorrow would be a new day, she thought.

She woke to the sound of birds chirping through the open window.
Eelaine stretched and walked into the hallway to find the siblings, still asleep. It was still early, so that was no surprise.
Arriving downstairs, the squid had an idea.
A half hour later, the hallway was bubble-free and plates of homemade shwaffles were waiting in front of the other's doors. Even Marie, who slept on the downstairs sofa, got one.
The inkling already felt better and decided to go for a little walk around the neighbourhood until the gang woke up.

Liam groaned, waking up after everyone else- she hadn’t slept very well, which was reasonable for someone who decided to take the stairs as her choice of resting place.
However she perks right up at the smell of food, and she and her brother enter the kitchen eagerly.

Nori awoke with a crink in her neck and a dull ache everywhere else. She didn’t remember falling asleep. Her eyes were closed for one second, and now it was morning. That weirdo Eelaine was nowhere to be seen. The place was as silent and empty as the apartment she went back to every day that wasn’t yesterday.

Nori nearly tripped over the plate of food sitting outside the door. Grumbling, she scrapped whipped cream and syrup off her socks. What kind of idiot leaves a schwaffle on the floor?

Following the aroma of fresh coffee, she wandered into the kitchen to find that she wasn’t the only one awake. At first she looked surprised to see the twins, but that surprise quickly turned sour. “Oh, great. You guys are back.”

Nori sighed and poured herself a cup of coffee. “So, who’s the clownfish leaving schwaffles everywhere? It isn’t funny.”

“Eelaine was just trying to be nice, Nori. Maybe you should be less grim.” She doesn’t give her a look of anger, instead one of concern- she had really hoped the octoling would warm up at least a little. Even Marie had been a little nicer to her and calvin- but then again, she might’ve just been drunk.
Both of the twins try to eat their shwaffles in peace, which really are quite good, and hope that Nori doesn’t start yet another fight over something relatively small.

Fiona was also down the stairs, dressed in her normal attire.
She wasn't back to her old self entirely, but she definitely toned down from the incident before, and not angry, luckily.
She had already eaten, despite the fact she only ate half of a schwaffle.
She looked in Nori's direction and then glanced away. She remained dead silent, hands in her parka's pockets. Her mood seemed to make her yellow hair seem a little less vibrant, somehow.

Jace groaned as he adjusted his Octarian tentacle before rubbing his head. He had used his Hero Hoodie as a blanket overnight so when he had woken up, the Inktoling had tied the sleeves around his waist. Because of that, he was in a black t-shirt and his normal shorts.

Liam blushes up instantly when she sees Jace, as she always does. However even more so how with his hoodie off.
“H-hey, Jace!,” she stammers, “y-you wanna come sit with us? Eelaine made shwaffles- th-they’re really good.” She offers her best smile

A while later, Eelaine returned, refreshed by the cool morning breeze. She took off the coat she "borrowed" from Marie's wardrobe earlier that morning and placed it near the entrance.
"Oh hi, Fiona! You feelin' any better now?"
She was in a good mood. Certainly better than before the incident yesterday.
Jace and Liam seemed to be having a moment by the stairs, so Eelaine felt it best to give them some space for now.
She got to the kitchen, currently occupied by grumpy-as-ever Nori. Definitely not a morning person.
"H-hey. Made some breakfast earlier."
An awkward pause followed and the inkling did her best to avoid eye contact.
"Don't you get hungry or something?"
Another pause later, Eelaine almost cried for Fiona's help, hoping she could elevate the mood somehow.
"YO, you want some OJ or something?!"

She hears Eelaine's call and looks up for a second, before more memories kick back in and looks back to the floor.
But she doesn't go back into a fury, she's just... down.
Eelaine then tries to get a conversation going, but Fiona knew no one was going to follow. So Eelaine calls to Fiona specifically.
"Me? N-no... I'm good, thank you."
She refuses to speak anymore than that and stays near the wall. Her hands are cemented into her pockets at this point...

Everyone did their best to chat around the table, even nori, although she was still salty,

So many friends, gathered around like this- Liam had never had this many friends before. Her brother was always in the spotlight, at least socially. This- this made her feel the most happy.
She was a big bunch of smiles for all of the morning.

It wasn’t much of a shock to find out that Eelaine was behind it all. She narrowed her eyes at the inkling. “Yeah, I noticed,” she murmured before taking a sip of her coffee.

Before their little chat could devolve into another deathmatch, a radio sitting on the counter sparked to life. A static-filled broadcast filled the room. Apparently, to kick off the last Off The Hook concert, a big tournament with an even bigger prize was being held. Exactly 100,000 G. The whole event was going to be, as the announcer put it, “spicier than the Calamari Inkantation”.

Nori’s eyebrows nearly flew off her forehead. With that kind of money, she could buy all the phones she wanted! But the thing was, you needed a full team to enter.

Stifling her excitement, she cleared her throat and glanced at the others. “Wow. They’re really going crazy with this concert thing, huh?”

Last edited:
“Is it- a fighting tournament? Like- an INK fighting tournament?” Liams hearts sank- she wanted to help her friends, but she knew she couldn’t. The jet blackness in her tentacles that made her so alluring and beautiful was the same thing that made her so dangerous.

Liam looks guilty, and her brother gives her a pat on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back