• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Even though she was no condition to fight back, that didn’t stop her from trying. “Get off me,” Nori rasped, squirming in a useless attempt to wiggle out of the other girl’s grasp. She even tried to throw a punch, but all she could dish out was a pathetic slap, if you could even call it that. She looked like a baby smacking away a toy.

Realizing that the effort was pointless, she settled down. She didn’t, no, couldn’t understand why Eelaine was lending out a helping hand when she used that same fist to turn half of her face into a swollen nightmare. She didn’t want to understand. All Nori wanted at that moment was…

“Home,” she hissed, glaring at the inkling. “Now.”

Jace sighed and he nodded slowly. "Listen, I know you're sorry but it's alright, honestly." He replied as the Inktoling then started to slightly move away from the other but he was unsure if she just wanted go have little more comfort. He sighed and he almost immediately brought his arms back around her, another hug inevitable from him.

"I just want you to be feeling better, okay?" He asked softly, his tone gentle as to not upset her.

“Th-thanks. That’s really sweet of you.” She kisses him on the cheek

“Well- band practice is still a thing. Hopefully it will take my mind off all this. I’ll text calvin.” She takes out her phone to let her brother know she made it to Marie’s house, and that jace was there so ‘for cod’s sake don’t be embarrassing.’

The Inktoling froze for a moment as he felt the kiss on his cheek. A slight blush rose on his face as he then laughed quietly, rubbing the back of his head. "Wait, you take your band lessons....in Marie's home? I know for a fact she can't be okay with this." He tilted his head as he then crossed his arms. Jace didn't know what to say about Liam's family, however. Being the daughter of both Callie and Octavio was something and he didn't really know if he should be here still.

“We just practice here because she has a less cluttered garage than us, and she’s not usually home when we practice. I Admit Cal and i can be a bit annoying, heh heh.” She chuckles sheepishly.
“Speaking of, he should be here soon.”

Soon after the fight of the night, a disgruntled Marie emerged from the grate.
"Hey Liam, you forgot your-" She stopped abruptly at the sight of the bleeding octoling and her puking lowlife follower.
She sighed and rolled her eyes.
"Do I even want to know? Also where's Liam off to again? Can't that brat stay in one place for just five seconds? Cod knows, if they snuck into my house again... I'm having squid rings for dinner.
Hey, you."
She was pointing at Fiona.
"Get your friends and follow me. Don't even start, I really couldn't care less today. Besides... all of you look like you're in need of some rest. Not that I care or anything. And tell your spitfaced friend to hold her stomach. I just got my carpet cleaned. Go on, we don't have all day."
And with that the gang had no chance but to comply.

Nori got back up and seemed to ignore Fiona entirely. This only pissed her off more. And when Nori mentioned going home...
"Are you joking? Are you being for eel? You're just gonna leave? Like that? After you despise us for not doing things right, and refusing to try any harder? Because I'm not going to let you off the fishhook that easy. You can forget me helping to get your phone. Because all you care about is being right. Isn't it?"
She let herself fall silence, and tried to keep herself in it. That's when... Oh great, why did an idol have to come around now?
"You talking to me? Because if you are, I'm not saying nothing. Get me in, and leave me be, aight?"
She walked over to Marie.
"Oh yeah, I don't have a clue what happened down there, nor do I want to know."
At this point, I don't think I even give a squid.

She shoves her hands into her pockets. Her eyes aren't fixated on anything anymore, but she still has a dark aura surrounding her.

Nobody says no to The Squid Sisters, not even Nori. After all, they were the reason why she wasn’t a brainwashed drone anymore. The day she first heard their music was the best day of her life. Too bad it all went downhill from there.

Like a good little squid, she shuffled over to the grate, brushing past Fiona on the way. Now that she wasn’t so concussed, she noticed just how…different the inkling seemed. It wasn’t the same kid they met earlier. This new version came with an attitude stinky enough that Nori probably would’ve respected it if she wasn’t the punching bag.

“Yeah, yeah,” she called over her shoulder. “Tell it to someone who cares.”

Turning back, she followed Marie to…wherever the old wino was herding them. Anywhere was better than the streets.

Eelaine followed suit. A few minutes later they arrived at a modern but discreet duplex, relatively close to the square. You would think an idol could afford a better home, but maybe this was the best option if you want to keep unwanted guests away. Or so you'd think.
As Marie opened the door, she was greeted by her now-no-longer-least favorite squid and her friend. Visibly annoyed, but not surprised, she rolled her eyes at Liam.
"I see you've let yourself in again, huh? Is your brother here yet or can I actually catch a break for once? You know what, I don't even care. I'm getting a drink, so if something's wrong, don't bother me."
Without even looking at Jace, she slouched towards the kitchen, leaving the gang alone again.
Eelaine didn't know what to say. She wanted to ask if she should take off her shoes and where to put her jacket but Marie was long gone. She just hoped nobody would mention Nori's face so she wouldn't have to explain what she did, but she know that was but a fantasy.
She looked around and asked Liam.
"So, um... this is where you practice, huh?"

Ignoring Marie’s usual depressing attitude, Liam turns to Eelaine- “we practice in the garage.”

Then somebody walks up behind them- a boy with tan skin and magenta eye markings in a sweater is standing there. “Woah- Li, i see you brought friends?”

Nori had never been in anyone’s home besides her own, so it wasn’t surprising that she didn’t know that being a good guest meant not tracking muddy footprints everywhere. But that’s exactly what was left behind when she followed Marie into the kitchen. While the ex-idol popped open a wine bottle, she dug through the freezer for an ice pack. All there was besides fish sticks and some frozen pizzas was a bag of peas. Pressing it against her aching cheek, she sighed in relief.

Heading back to the living room, Nori settled down on the couch. “Not bad,” she muttered, putting her feet up on the coffee table.

As she entered the complex, Fiona still held her grudge. Though, in a more silent treatment format. She has said all there is to be said, and she is done. She enters Marie's apartment and glances around quickly.
Dang. If I knew being an idol was that taxing I think I would feel sorry for anyone who appears on that lobby screen.
She looks at the group. Clearly Nori wasn't going to be of any help, Liam can't with stand even hearing the name of the idols, much less understand their building layout, Eelaine is just too clumsy to do anything, so that leaves the guy who was already here.
"Hey, before you go wake the entire city up with whatever music you plan to be playing, where the heck are we sleeping? We were promised rest."

Jace was unsure of what he could do to help out the others so he sighed and stood by the couch. He glanced over at the others before turning to the kitchen, already wondering what Marie was doing. He wanted to help her out as well...since technically, she was still his boss but the Inktoling figured that it would be best to leave her alone for the time being.

"Well, we're all here now..." He spoke, turning to Liam's brother and then he turned to Fiona, "I'm wondering where we sleep as well...but I wouldn't mind heading back to my place...or Octo Valley, with that being said."

“Alright, well- ack-“ calvin seems panicked, but he takes a deep breath.
“Ok- we’ll get everyone situated. Yellow tentacles girl, yes, there’s a guest room with two beds over there.” He points to a door. “Er- octoling girl, could you please not put your feet on the table like that? And we have a doormat, it’s not exactly ideal to track mud through someone’s house. Now if anyone else needs anything, please tell me now because we really are late for practice.”

Liam smiles- “that’s my bro- so profreshional.”

Now that everyone was in the same room, an uneasy tension hung in the air. Whatever bit of comfort Nori felt withered away. She sunk into the couch cushions, a miserable look on her face as the events of the day replayed in her mind. Everyone calling her down, everyone just…watching as she was beaten to a pulp.

If they had their way, they would’ve let her rot in that gutter.

She stared at Eelaine, eyes intense. The idea of sleeping in the same building as the girl who tried tearing her limb from limb made her sneer. Yeah, right. As if she was going to close her eyes around that psycho.

Nori glanced down at the dried ink staining her brand new jacket and scowled. Her face probably looked just as pretty. Not wanting to spend the rest of the night looking like fresh roadkill, she turned to Marie’s nephew. “Washroom. Where is it?”

Last edited:
Eelaine started shifting uncomfortably from side to side. She liked her friends but she also only knew them for the lesser half of a day and the thought of sleeping in a bed with any of them made her stomach turn for some reason. It was nothing personal, maybe she just wasn't ready yet.
And it didn't help that she beat the living koi out of one of them.
She looked down to notice some scattered sprinkles of red on her clothing.
Trying not to throw up again over what she'd done, she gathered some courage and cleared her throat.
"H-hey? You know if there's a laundry machine somewhere around here or something? I kinda... spilled something... I think."

Marie returned from the kitchen, a full glass in one hand and two half empty bottles of red wine in the other. She glanced by to see mud leading from the entrance all the way to the coffee table, stopping right next to Nori. She glared at the octoling, who didn't seem to notice. Rolling her eyes, she headed past Fiona towards the stairs.
"Outta t' way *hic* squiddo." She shoved Liam out of the way and ascended upwards, before turning around again. "Agent? What the *hic* fugu are you doing here? Anyhow... you sure you wanna hang *hic* 'round these two?"
She vaguely looked in Calvin's general direction while trying not to lose her balance and took a sip of wine. "Sorry kids. *hic* You know I love you right?"
She stood there for a few more moments before resuming her climb. "I'll be up- *hic* upstairs, so just ask if you need anything."
A thud was heard as the lock fell in place behind her and she disappeared into another room, leaving the group dumbfounded.

"Thanks. I'll be there hoping that no one cares to bother me."
She started heading toward the door when a drunk Marie came in. Honestly wan't looking like a terrible choice... if Fiona wasn't underage.
How can she just do that in front of-
Forget it.

She opened the door to find the beds.
There obviously wasn't enough for all of them, but there was plenty of couches outside in the living room. So some other squids can sleep there. And on the floor is always an option.
She took off her parka and boots and threw them to the side of the bed. She remembered something when she finished though. She quickly rummaged through her parka pockets and checked to make sure...
Yup. All good.
She pulled out her phone one last time to check the time. Then she turned it off, put it back into the pocket, and jumped into bed.
Here's to a night of actual silence, what I need now... for a solid 10 hours.
She covered herself up and closed her eyes, head rested on a pillow.

There seemed to be enough room for another on the bed...

A frustrated Nori groaned and waved off the invitation. Hard pass. Even if she was in the mood for a concert, her aching body couldn’t handle all the excitement.

“Ugh, nevermind. I’ll find it myself.” She stood up and made for the corridor.

Staggering past the room she saw Fiona disappear into (and making a mental note to not go anywhere near there), she tried the next door and found exactly what she was looking for. Stepping up to the sink, Nori caught her reflection in the mirror. If the cuts and bruises and swelling weren’t there, it would still be someone she didn’t recognize. A complete stranger.

She washed her face. Not a huge improvement, but it did make her feel a bit better. She sighed, giving the ghost in the mirror one last look before shuffling back out into the hallway.

The inkling was too lost in thought to even consider Liam's offer. She had to make it up to Nori.
Somehow.
As Nori found her way into the bathroom, Eelaine quietly followed without saying another word to the rest of the group.
She stood by the doorframe, just out of sight and watched as Nori washed off her inkstained face.
A tear rolled down the squids cheek as she saw the aftermath of her actions. She caused this.
Soon after the octoling returned and Eelaine quickly wiped her own face to hide her tears.
"Oh, hey... Um... did you like... want to clean your clothes or something? There's gotta be a washing machine around here somewhere, right?"
She tried to force a smile but the best she could do is was some pathetic expression.

The moment she found the inkling standing at the door, Nori’s face darkened, a brewing storm. She was speaking to her as if they were best pals, as if what happened earlier was anything less than attempted murder. And now she was offering to do her laundry? What was wrong with this squid?

“Cod, why can’t you just leave me alone?” Nori didn’t even try to disguise her contempt; it was on full display. “You got what you wanted, didn’t you? Or was that not enough?”

Huffing angrily, she pushed past the other girl. Though she had managed to keep her voice steady, she couldn’t stop trembling. Just being around Eelaine made her feel like she was drowning in ice water. It was hard to think straight, and even more difficult to breathe.

At the end of the hall was a sliding door that opened to reveal exactly what they were looking for. Unzipping her jacket, the octoling threw it into the washing machine. She went to close it, but something stopped her.

Nori sighed. Without looking back, she motioned for Eelaine to come over. “Well? Go on, put your stuff in.”

Last edited:
Liam just heads to the garage with her brother- this bickering really wasn’t worth their time, and they both knew it.
The twins got their instruments ready

The inkling's face went red. Nori had point.
"... sorry. I mean it. I don't know what else to say. It's like I totally lost control back there. I... I'm sorry."
Saying that made her feel better, but also worse at the same time. There was no way any sensible squid could accept her apology after what she did. But at least she apologised at all.
She was reluctant to keep following the octoling and would much rather just hide under a blanket forever.
Just as she was about to leave, she heard the squid call out to her. Did that mean her apology was accepted? Now she was even more unsure of what to do.
Without a word, she stepped closer to the washing machine. She took off her hoodie and threw it in with the rest.
Eelaine stood in the laundry room awkwardly , grabbing her arm sheepishly.
"... We should probably check on the others. Liam and her brother are just about to start practicing, right? Could be fun."

Nori clamped down on her tongue, as if to stop it from coming to life and ripping the inkling into tiny pieces. She wasn’t the type to forgive, or forget. She holds onto a grudge, and this was one that she wasn’t going to let go of for a long, long time.

She slammed the washing machine lid shut, much harder than intended. Her anger always found a way to slip out. “Yeah, fun,” she echoed, not sounding very excited.

At this point she had no choice but play along with this freak’s little game. It was either that, or deal with the beast lurking within. Who knew what it took to set her off? Nori didn’t want to find out. Not again.

Without another word, the octoling shuffled over to the garage with the same enthusiasm as a funeral march.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back