• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Hold on, a tournament? That could be something interesting. I say you can count me in on that, Nori. Work in Octo Valley is slow and I've been needing some form of action." Jace perked up, heading the radio as he arrived into the kitchen. He grinned widely as he then rolled his shoulder, only after then he stretched his arms behind his back. The Inktoling couldn't believe his ears. A Tournament to kick off the concert. He was still going to attempt it even though he didn't think it would be possible for him to win.

Spicier than the Calamari Inkantation? Hah! If only they knew what Awesome power is behind that song.

Jace kept his grin up, however, as to not let that small thing mess him up. "I'll need to run back down to Octo Valley and get my Hero Brush...since those have Inkjet...or I could just stick with my normal of the Hero Dualies..." He mumbled, already thinking on what to do for the Turf War. Whatever it took, he was wanting to win.

As the TV broke the silence everyone shined with enthusiasm to the idea of joining the tournament. It wasn't terrible, Nori's phone would be secured, there'd be some turf war matches, and a bunch of new people to meet. Buuuuuut...
It seems every time anything happens the party of squids and octos just divides more. After all, the last "team building exercise" ended up getting her own self esteem down. She'll join the general consensus of what the team wants to do, but she knows the inevitable will be a further break.
She continues to have her head down, hands in pockets, dead silent. Her face is almost completely blank.

“Um- guys? Guys?” Liam tries to get everyones attention to tell them that she couldn’t participate, but nobody seemed to listen. “Y-you guys- i-“ -sigh- “nevermind. . .” She trudges out of the kitchen, sad.

Trying to suppress the burning sting of social rejection, Eelaine gazed up at the passing clouds, and wondered if it hadn't been for the best not to come back when she heard the news.
All doubt forgotten, even if possibly for the worse, she was instantly overcome by a strong sense of excitement.
She wasn't sure exactly where it came from, but she chose not to let the others know for now.
"You hear that? Could be interesting."

Right about then, disgruntled groans and creaking floorboards announced the arrival of Inktopolis' favourite hungover idol.
"Oh hey, Marie! I made som-"
"What the shell is this?"
Somehow, Eelaine had a feeling as though Marie didn't even remember meeting them before. And that suspicion was soon confirmed.
"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE"
Moments later the gang found themselves outside, in the cold and very confused.
Eelaine turned to Liam, the only one who knew Marie for longer than a day.
"Does this happen a lot?"

Liam doesn’t perk up- “no, it doesn’t, because i didn’t have many friends until now. However-“ she clears her throat, “this is a good opportunity for you guys to finally LISTEN TO ME! As i was saying, i can’t participate in the tournament.” She looks a mix of sad and salty.

Thankfully, before they were dumped on the street like chum, Marie had the decency to throw out their belongings along with them. Nori scooped up her jacket from the pavement and threw it on. It was still a bit damp, but it smelled fresher than ever.

She found herself ruminating on Jace’s words. Was he saying he was going to join her? Just like that? Money really was making all of their brains fry.

Liam’s screaming yanked her out of her thoughts. Annoyed, she frowned at the inkling. “Why? Can’t shoot straight or what?”

“Black ink doesn’t come consequence free, Nori. It’s- really dangerous.” Her angry expression turns sad. “I’ve never fought in a turf war once in my life- and the times i did fight. . .” She trails off. “. . .nevermind.”

Welp so much for having a house. Fiona calmly walks out of the house with no resistance.
"Well, see ya, then."
Never was my favorite anyway.

As Marie kicks them out Liam explains the black ink problem. Nori, of course, continues to be rude about it.
Can't even let the girl speak, Sea-bass.
She continues to remain to herself, leaning against a nearby wall. Though it did raise a good question. What is this said, "Black Ink"? And also...
Fiona suddenly recalls the salmon dripper. She begins to recall the encounter; Liam shows up, Grizz is half-angry, and suddenly a random kid starts dripping ink from their pants. Maybe there was more...
Forget it. It was thrown in the vault for a reason, don't fish it back out.

Nori’s face scrunched up, this time out of confusion. What kind of excuse was that? They spent half of their lives swimming around in ink, what could be so dangerous about it? “Okay then,” she brushed it off. “What about, uh, the other one? Kevin or whatever. Is he any good?”

Now that the initial thrill had worn off, doubt started to creep in. They couldn’t even make it through a Grizzco shift, and now they were trying to enter a tournament? It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

She glanced over Eelaine and Fiona. Not really the kind of kids she wanted on her team, but there wasn’t much of a choice to begin with. They might not like each other very much, but everyone could use some extra cash, and there definitely wasn’t a squid out there who wasn’t an Off The Hook fan.

“How about you guys?” She tried to make her voice as neutral as possible. “You in?”

Last edited:
“I’m definitely in!” Calvin chirped happily. “I’m very good at fighting, at least that’s what i like to believe.”

Liam punches him in the shoulder

“OWWWWWW- what was that for?”

She glares at him and pouts a little- calvin sighs.

“Fine, fine- if liam isn’t going, i can’t either.”

Jace turned towards Liam as he moved his hands behind his head. "Why won't you let him fight in the Turf War? Come on, it'd be fun." He spoke as he grinned slightly at the other Inktoling. He shivered, already glancing up towards Calvin, nodding at him before his grin started to widen. The more he thought about it, the more excited he was for the Turf War.

“Well what am i going to do!?” Liam suddenly blurts out, “be alone, and then get hypnotized and kill everyone that’s what!” Her breathing was rapid and heavy and had was holding her head and shaking. “Everyone will be distracted, i won’t have anyone with me, and then. . .then he’ll drag me back into the darkness.” She falls onto her knees, screaming- “EMPTY BLACKNESS, A VOID I CAN’T ESCAPE WHILE MY BODY IS OUT OF MY CONTROL-“

Calvin tries to calm her down, but to no avail. It would seem she was having a panic attack.

"H-Hey! No one was going to be alone in this...who put that in your head?" Jace asked as he then went over to Liam, kneeling down in front of her. His hands went to her shoulders and he sighed, glancing at the ground for the moment. "No one...was going to be alone in this. I swear it. You won't be alone here...I'll stick by your side. I promise." He told her. The Inktoling slid his hand down to hers before he sighed again.

"You're taking things to a much more intense level than it needs to be. Calm down for a moment...and..well...take it easy. Maybe you don't have to participate in the Turf War. I could ask someone I know to stay by your side if I am unable to." He suggested.

“Th-thank you. . .” She calms down a little, but he finds she’s still shaking. She grips tight onto Jace’s hand.

Calvin sighs- “this is why i said i couldn’t go. She’s paranoid of Cuttlefish. And i hate to say. . .her fears are valid.”

"She's afraid of being hypnotized by the old man?" Jace asked as he then tilted his head before he sighed quietly. He shook his head as he then looked over at the grate that would lead them to Octo Valley. "Don't worry, I'll protect you and so will that someone I mentioned." He chuckled, trying to cheer Liam up.

Nori asks everyone to join in.
Are you for eel? Now of all times? After everything you did?!
"Not like we have anything better to do."

She proceeds to mutter under her breath almost silently, "You'd flame us for saying no anyway..."
She didn't care if Nori was trying to sound decent for once, she was tired, miserable, and just wanted to get away. Winning this tournament may mean the easiest way out. If they can even win.

That's when Liam begins to corrupt. Jace tries to comfort her, but Fiona looks away. She can't be dealing with anymore stress right now, she just wants to go home and nap, if shes being honest. But no, she has a job to do. And instead of a soul crushing shift at Grizzco, it's a team-building battle with people she is beginning to care less about.

She looks up to the squad for the first time all morning. She looked tired, a bit more pale than usual, and gloomy.
"Well then, I'll need to quickly run to my place to get my weapon of choice. Is there anything you need to say before I head out?"

Liam suddenly jerks her hand away and looks up at Jace in a mix of terror and anger- “a-and how do i know you aren’t working with him? You are an agent, after all. You could easily say you’re going to protect me and then drag me back down to the metro.” She squeezes her fists, now trying to hide her anxiety.

"I'm sorry, what? So what if I am an Agent? I was recruited by Marie...not Cap'n. Also, what metro? I've been living in the Plaza and the Square both for a good amount of time, but I have never heard of a metro." Jace responded, confused at what she was getting at. He scratched his cheek, tilting his head to one side. "Besides, even if I was working for Cap'n, I'd still take my orders from Marie since she was the one who made me Agent 4 in the first place..." He added quietly, only to Liam, "You...you don't have to believe me, but it's up to you. I have no idea what metro you're even talking about but like I said, I work under Marie, not Cap'n."

Liam luckily didn’t let her anxiety get in the way of her detective skills this time- she knew he wasn’t lying, and calmed down a bit.

“I’m sorry i freaked out.” She stands up, “i still can’t participate, but I’ll cheer you guys on!” She offers a smile.

It was almost impossible for Nori to make sense out of the chaos whirling around her. Everyone’s voices clashed and blended together and she could only make out bits and pieces. But there was one word that stuck out from the rest: weapon.

She went stiff, biting down on her lip so hard that it nearly split open the wound from yesterday. “Yeah, do what you gotta do,” she waved off Fiona, her voice sounding like it was coming from miles away.

Nori turned to the rest of the gang, but for some reason she couldn’t look any of them in the eye. “I have to…pick up some stuff. Let’s just meet in the square. Lunchttime, got it?”

Shoving her hands in her pockets, she started down the street. Over her shoulder, she yelled, “And don’t be late!”

With everyone talking over each other, Eelaine drowned out the noise and reflected.
The day before almost felt like a dream now. Yet she knew full well it really happened, even if she wish it didn't.
If what Liam was saying turned out to be true, maybe the same thing had happened to Eelaine somehow.
If it really was a reoccurring thing, maybe it'd be best for Eelaine not to endanger her friends any further. But she couldn't just run.
Surely there was a way to deal with this. There had to be.

The squid wanted to apologise to Fiona, to all of them, but couldn't get a word out.
Realising everyone was splitting up and not wanting to be left alone, she quickly followed after Nori.
It took her a bit to find the right words.
"Where're you off to? Getting your gear too?"
She was only trying to beat around the elephant in the room.
"Look, I really don't know what got into me yesterday. I know I can't, but if there's anything I can do to make up for it, I'll do it."

Nori flinched when a certain little troublemaker’s voice pierced her ears. She opened her mouth to tell the squid to get lost, but the words turned to dust on her tongue.

“Anything, huh?” She had an idea. “Yeah, I think I know how we can settle this.”

Nori lead the way from there, their expedition ending at Ammo Knights front door. It was unusually busy when they arrived. Even Sheldon looked like he was having a tough time keeping up with everything.

Nori looked confused by it all, like she couldn’t differentiate one weapon from the next. Then, as if chosen by random, she pointed to an Aerospray PG. “That one,” she decided. “You get me this, and we can forget about yesterday. Deal?”

"Sounds good. I'll be back with a weapon.
And respect the pick."

She turns around and runs out of sight, into the alleys of the CIty.

She never enjoyed it around these parts. It was always dark, malicious, and risky. But it was the only place she could still book in the area, what's the harm? And although most of them are jerks, she does have one neighbor she gets along with. Though maybe for different reasons than you would initially expect...

Fiona reaches her apartment complex and boards the elevator. The streets were dead silent. It was almost unnerving. Although it's a scary town there was always a bit of noise somewhere, but this time, there was a void. Despite the quality of the town, Fiona used to have such a positive attitude towards everything. She always came back from a winning or losing streak smiling and happy. This alone brightened up the neighborhood enough to keep the scary ink-demons away. But now...

Ding! 6th floor.
This was hers. She unlocks her door to the interior. It had no auxiliaries, just a bed, a small kitchen, a wardrobe, and a bathroom. There's some random trash scattered on the floor, she still has been trying to clean up. But every time she does...

Right. The brush. She opens the wardrobe to pick up a fresh ink-tank, her classic Inkbrush, and a set of bombs. She filled up her tank and strapped it to her back. She was about to leave the room when, she just stopped for a second.

Something wasn't right. Her attitude changed entirely, the town has gone mute, and she made friends that... Can they even be called friends? Of course they can, it's just a fight, all friends fight from time to time!
"but what if its... what if... why..."
She begins to- [ERROR; UNABLE TO RETRIEVE MESSAGE. RETURNING TO NEXT VALID POSITION]
~~~
Time passes...

Fiona, weapon in hand, returns to the plaza, ready to take on the tourney. But first, a lemonade to boost her power!
She pays Sean and sits down at a nearby table waiting for her friends to arrive.

Jace had nodded towards Nori, already prepared to get what he needed in order to get himself ready for the match that was about to begin. The Inktoling had went back to his apartment and he glanced up at it, going up the stairs to the second floor and finally getting to the room door with the number 1442 on it. He smiled lightly before he dug into his hoodie pockets and pulled out the keys to the door, opening it.

Almost immediately, he was met with a jumping Octopus that grabbed his arm. "Finally! You're home!" The blue Octoling spoke, sounding almost like she would've been lost if he hadn't shown up. Jace snickered before he gently placed the Octopus on the ground. "Yeah, yeah...I'm here now, Tia. What's been going on lately?" He asked, the Inktoling already stepping aside and closing the door behind him once the Octopus came inside the house. The Octopus then quickly changed back into her Inktoling appearance, already fixing her hair. "Well, the same thing really: Dad trying his best to find mom. The usual." Rotia answered as she followed her older brother through their apartment.

It had been almost half a year since their mother somehow disappeared. Jace had assumed that it was because she was formerly an Octarian soldier, but he remained doubtful about that still. "Ah, right! My Dualie Squelchers." He noted as he went around the living room, looking for them, and once he found em, he then started to rolled his shoulders before he placed them at his side. The Inktoling shook his head before he then yawned quietly. "Well, I'm off. You can join me, if you want."

"Uh, yes! Anything to get out of this house." Rotia responded as she then followed after the Inktoling, going to lock the door after the two of them left for the plaza.

"Deal."
She already agreed to do whatever so Eelaine hardly had a choice anymore.
Luckily, Nori seemed to have forgotten the only reason they knew one another at all was that neither of them had any money.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place, she went through with the only thing she could come up with.
"Wait here."
Sounding almost commanding now instead of her usual timid nature,
(EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME)
like she was about to do something drastic.

Moments later she returned from the shop, a brand new, sparkly Aerospay.
Smiling ear to ear, she presented it to Nori.
"Happy now, right? Come on, let's keep moving."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back