• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom A Fresh Start | Splatoon RP (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Nori’s eyes sparkled with an almost childlike joy for a split second. It all went out with a fizzle when she remembered why they were even doing this in the first place. “Yeah, I guess we’re even now.”

Looking over her new toy, she couldn’t help but swoon. It wasn’t nearly as glamorous as the silver or gold variants, but the dull bronze still had a shine that made her dizzy. Must have been pretty pricey…

She froze, dread pouring over her like a bucket of iced chum. “Hold on, how did you pay for—“

A booming voice cut her off. “Stop! Thief!”

There was no time to think. She grabbed Eelaine by the wrist and booked it out of there. Luckily for them, Inkopolis Square was more packed than a sardine tin, so they blended into the crowd pretty easily.

Still, Nori slipped behind a vending machine in one of the many forgotten corners, just in case they were being followed. After catching her breath, she realized just how much trouble they were in. This wasn’t the kind of mess you could sweep under a rug and forget about, this was serious.

“What’s your clam problem?” She grappled with the urge to strangle Eelaine right then and there. “Are you crazy, or is this just your sick way of getting back at me?!”

“Huh!? Who the fish is behind there?!” A very familiar, and frankly very tired octarian voice spoke up. It was dripper girl. Her faded green eyes peeked behind the vending machine before dragging nori off Eelaine with ease. “Damn the big city is f*cked up- wait, aren’t you a few a’ those kids i saw earlier?” She raises an eyebrow.

They weren’t the only ones hiding in the shadows. At first, Nori panicked, thrashing around in the stranger’s arms until she managed to wrestle herself free. But as soon as she spun around and saw who it was, her fear was replaced by utter confusion.

“Huh?” She gasped, breathless. “What…What are you doing here?”

“Well i WAS getting a snack, but now I’m trying to make sure you don’t strangle your friend.”
She looks a lot more cleaned up now- she has on a white t-shirt with the cuttlegear logo on it, sport shorts, and flip flops. Her tentacles are still in a ponytail, but they look cleaner, and she certainly doesn’t smell like fish anymore.
However, the same weirdo earpiece is still in her ear.

With no time to explain, she simply followed the octoling's lead.
When they finally came to a halt, she didn't even respond. Partly due to the fact they were both completely out of breath, but also because, for some reason she couldn't explain, she felt no remorse.
In fact, she was almost proud.
The adrenaline rushing through her veins, the squid couldn't help but smirk.

Before either of them could properly catch their breath, a semi-familiar face emerged from the shadows.
"Thanks, but we're fine. Where in the reef have you been?"
She certainly looked better than before, though that really wasn't saying much.

“None of your cod damn business! Except, I’m really lonely. . .” When she trailed off, it was like the light didn’t reflect in her eyes. A look of sheer pain and sorrow spread across her face as she faced the pavement at an angle.
“B-but that’s none of your business, either!” She suddenly snapped.

Nori stared hard at the older girl, as if trying to decipher some unsolvable code. For someone who wanted others to stay out of her business, she sure didn’t mind getting involved in theirs. “Yeah, sure,” she glanced over her shoulder, distracted. “You, uh, signing up for the tournament, too?”

She gave Eelaine a nudge, a subtle way of telling her to keep her trap shut and roll with it. “We’re just waiting for everyone to show up.”

Then she slipped some coins into the vending machine and bought an iced coffee, all just to seem less suspicious. “They should be here any minute,” the octoling muttered between sips.

“Yeah, actually. I’m on the green team. . .” Via Nori’s attempt to look less suspicious, She suddenly remembers that she was indeed getting a snack, and digs in her pocket for the money she had.

While digging in the seemingly endless pocket of her shorts, a tiny vile of golden dust tumbles out and falls onto the pavement with a -clink-
She somehow doesn’t notice. . .

Her eyes were glued on the vial from the moment it fell out of Lenny’s pocket. The dim light made it next to impossible to see what was inside. Curiosity must have got the better of Nori, because she reached down and picked it up.

“Hey, you dropped…this.” She squinted at the strange substance. “What is this, anyway? Some kind of protein powder?”

Last edited:
She quickly and aggressively snatched it right out of nori’s hand- “i-ignore that!”
Lenny found herself hyperventilating she sweating as she shoved the vial back in her pocket.

There were three major things to note about the vial; it smelled vaguely of fish, there was a golden string wrapped around the lip, and it was in a very small dose- small enough to be a drug.

Nori couldn’t tell if she was going insane, or if everyone around her was already there. Instinctively, she jumped back, putting as much distance as possible between herself and the other girl. Compared to this freak’s antics, Eelaine’s antisocial tendencies didn’t seem all that bad.

“Jeez, okay!” She held up her hands defensively. “Just calm down, alright? I was just wondering, that’s all.”

More than a little uneasy, Nori glanced at her partner in crime. She hoped that the inkling could somehow defuse the situation, but maybe that was like throwing water on an oil fire.

Eelaine almost felt sorry. She didn't even want to think about what caused a squid like herself to end up as distraught as the one standing in front of her.
hether she wanted it or not, the reason soon became obvious.
Though petty theft hardly made her an expert, Eelaine wasn't stupid and knew when it was time to go. Yet something told her to stay.
She wanted to help, but hadn't got a clue how.
"Do you... need anything or something?"

“Um. . .me?” Lenny pointed to herself, raising an eyebrow- help? HELP?! Grizz had full power over her. If she told the police what he was doing, she’d get in trouble for illegal drug intake. She was trying to shut him down from the inside. The NSS recruited her but was helping ZILCH, so it was just another task tacked onto her busy, tiring schedule. Why, she needed all the help in the world. But explain all that to this squiddo? . . .probably a bad idea.
So instead she awkwardly stammered- “t-to get outta this dead end job, amirite? Haha. . .” Shrimp.

Well, this couldn’t get any weirder. Or could it…? Nori didn’t really want to stick around to find out.

“Well, good luck with that.” She tried her best to smile but ended up looking mildly constipated. “We should get going. Like, right now. Bye.”

Then she scuttled away like a scared crab, only looking back to keep an eye on Lenny. She seemed like the type to stab you in the gut when you weren’t watching.

After scanning over the plaza a few times, she not only checked to see if there were security guards lumbering around, she also spotted Fiona sitting at one of the tables. She groaned, wishing it was Jace or even Liam instead.

Making sure to keep her head down, Nori started towards their new meeting place.

Eelaine realised there might not be much she could do for the octoling for now. She just hoped it would all turn out alright for her. Somehow.

Realising Nori was already leaving without waiting for her wasn't really a surprise. Plus she kinda deserved it.
Thanks to her they were both criminals. Despite just seeing where a life of crime gets a squid, she still felt the rush. Hopefully it wouldn't go out of control.
"Well, I um... it was nice to-... bye."
And with that she took off after her buddy.

After finally catching up with the octoling, Eelaine found herself almost out of breath again.
Fiona was already waiting on them. Without saying a word to Nori, she turned around and gestured her to follow.

"Yo Fi, got everything you need?"
In one swift motion, she slid onto a seat by the table.
She knew she couldn't tell anyone what happened earlier. And hoped Nori was smart enough to know as well.
For now, she was just lucky nobody saw them.

This was more than confusing. The squid wanted HER to follow? Somebody who looked untrustworthy and desperate?
Uh. . .ok?
{should i follow at a distance to not disturb anyone? No, that’d look creepy- but then i still don’t wanna be intrusive! Ugh! Why is being social so hard?!}
Lenny manages to muster up her courage and follow behind Eelaine at a distance that didn’t look stalker-ish

She looks up to see Nori, followed by Eelaine.
She gets up from her seat as they approach, and beams, just like the first time they met. (Well, minus the part about the phone and the bumping into each other thing...)
"Hey guys! How's it going?"
She sits back down with the others. She proceeds to explain her gear.
"I'm all set! I have my signature Inkbrush set, my comfy gear, and of course, my lemonade booster!"
She takes another slurp. It's almost as if her tentacles glow with good vibes from the drink.
That's when... something... caught her eye.
"Eh? Hey, who's the new guy you brought with you?"
She points in the direction of Lenny, looking right at her.
And why does she look familiar...

“U-uh- hi there! I’m Lenny.” She stutters nervously.
It suddenly hits Fiona- this was the salty squid that had that weirdly thick blue goop dripping down their leg earlier, the same one that had given them such cryptic advice.
She- luckily -didn’t smell like salmon anymore, or the weird goop. She still seems to have the same strange earpiece, however.

Nori squirmed in her seat as if it was made out of spikes. If she seemed more on edge than usual, that’s because she was. After glancing over her shoulder for the third time, she finally realized that that creepy octoling had followed them to the table.

“Lenny, huh?” She left it at that, having no intention of giving her own name. It wasn’t like she planned on seeing this girl ever again. Everything about her was just so…off-putting, from her mannerisms to the weird device nestled in her ear.

Nori found herself staring at the little gadget. What was it for? She knew better than to ask, especially after what happened behind the vending machine.

Oh cod, it's HER! Ok ok, act natural...
"Hi, Lenny, I'm Fiona."
In an attempt to calm herself down, she took a drink. It helped about as much as a sniper to a pacifist turf war. Practically none. She still tried to smile for Lenny.
"So what are you doing around here, at the moment? There are a lot of people here for the tournament that's about to start... so maybe..."
Fiona trails off. Lenny was so... unique that even her extremely extroverted personality couldn't help. She immediately tries to change subject.
"So is everyone else set for the match?"
She pulls out her dry Inkbrush and filled yellow ink tank.
"Oh, and we should probably decide what color we all want to be! E-even if that means I have to empty out my current tank and refill it. I'm used to picking yellow personally. But what about you guys?"

Lenny was about to respond to that, when Fiona quickly changed the subject- {oh, man. . .these guys really don’t like me, do they?} she thinks to herself.
Lenny’s smile fades and she rubs her forearm, {am i that creepy? Maybe I’m to old- i didn’t think i was THAT old. I really don’t mean to look suspicious. . .}

Eelaine was fascinated by Fiona's gear. The way it sparkled in the sunlight was almost hypnotic. Despite all the obvious signs of use, it was still very well maintained.
To her surprise, the squid looked behind to see Lenny once again. Maybe she was just lonely? Eelaine was reminded of herself before she met her friends. Hard to believe it was only yesterday. She decided she'd get to the bottom of whatever was troubling the poor octoling, however deep the rabbit hole may go.

"Hey! Didn't think you'd follow us. I'm Eelaine, but you can call me whatever you like."

She pointed to a spot on the bench next to her.

"You wanna take a seat? Also, what's with that thing in your ear? Is that the latest fashion or something?"

The inkling turned back to Fiona and although knowing she couldn't really afford to demand anything else from Nori, invited her over as well.

"Yeah, Nor' just had to get herself a weapon first, but we're all set now."

She almost froze in shock. In all the chaos, she didn't even think to get anything for herself. She couldn't just waltz back in there after having stolen an item minutes ago, could she?

"Hold on actually, I'll be right back."

Determined, she dashed off back towards the alley they came from.

Lenny was about to explain, when the octoling girl rushed off.
This left her in the presence of a few other people, all of which she was pretty sure might shank her at any moment for how suspicious she looked. Uh oh.

"Really? You bought Nori a new weapon? What did you get?"
She turns to Nori for a bit before Eelaine leaves. To which Fiona looks back at Eelaine briefly.
"Alright, don't be too long! Qualifiers start soon!"
She sips her lemonade, letting her mouth swarm with a sour kick that got her going, and takes a look at the crowd waiting for the start of their qualifier.
Snipers, Rollers, Dualies, Sloshers, this was going to be intense. The sheer amount of people here was nothing to scoff at.
Noticeably, there was no one near the Grizzco facility. It's bars were closed with a small notice paper attached to it. It was too hard to make out from the distance Fiona was at, however.
Interesting how Grizzco is closed today. Sure they have break hours, but I don't think the schedule has it open at all today. I wonder if it's about the tournament.
Or what happened yesterday...

Fiona shivers for a second.

". . .I'll be honest, I don't have a team for the tournament."
Lenny hung her head, pretty ashamed of that fact- grizzco seemed to be closed so often, and yet she didn't make any friends. {I suppose I just seem to shady.} She in fact supposed that every negative social interaction she encountered was because of that. But this time, she'd try and break out of her shell. No more loneliness! She was going to make friends! Even if they were a few years younger than her.
{Oh, boy. I DO look shady.}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back