• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Yule ball - Ballroom

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
The Yule Ball
Mystery and enchantment set in a magical castle

The doors have opened!

Hall of Feasts
Silver Gardens
Out of Character Chat
Characters

winter castle.jpg

You’re not sure when you lost sight of the path. There’s a mist all about you, crisp and cold and the chill in the air is getting stronger. Shapes loom out of the thick curtain of white and you stop just before you collide with a snowy evergreen bow. A forest? In Winter? Wherever you were before it wasn’t here. Something has taken you far away from what you know.
Your footfalls are muffled in the soft, fresh powder and all about you the stillness of a boreal twilight stretches. The sun is the only light that pierces the thick mist so for now, perhaps you follow it. It’s not long before your boots hit wood. The sturdy planks of a walkway and now, you see lanterns fixed to the banisters, set with ribbon and holly branch, leading you onward. You follow.
There are birds in the trees now, flitting from branch to branch, sending showers of snow down about you. Suddenly the mist thins and you stop and take in the scene before you. There is a valley, and on the other side of it a grand, white-stone castle.
There are lights on in the windows and from your vantage point on the brow of this hill, you can see the stone pathway leading up to the gates.
The castle, nestled against the pale-pink of the evening sky seems to call to you. There is magic here, though of what kind you are uncertain. It feels inviting, as if you were meant to be here.

Rules & Guidelines This event officially begins on the 23rd at 5pm Eastern standard time, and it will continue as long as people keep posting, though I will only be running it officially until midnight.
There might be a very small story element, but mostly it will be your characters interacting with one another at a ball, hosted in an enchanted castle. I hope to have several pages, each a different part of the castle, and the characters can move freely between each part. This part is the ballroom, and will be the starting point for the story. You can follow my characters for the main story, or make up your own! Simply because the setting is fantasy, does not mean your characters have to be! You can choose any character you've made in the past, or make a completely new one.

There will be a profile page, but the profiles will be short, with just name, age, race and a description or picture. Once that's up you can start posting right away. There won't be an approval system. I will be accepting all writers at any skill level and all types of characters. All the site rules apply and there won't be much beyond that.

The ballroom:

A spacious, glittering baroque ballroom with a polished checkered marble floor, ivory-stone pillars line walls decorated with fine oil paintings and finished with gilded moldings. In each nook between the columns a, evergreen tree stands, decked in the most splendid finery: gold and silver baubles, silk ribbons and crystal figurines all dangling from lush and thickly-scented branches. At the rear of the ballroom, to the backdrop of large floor-to-ceiling windows is a raised dais on which sits four gilded thrones. Behind the thrones stands a massive evergreen, decorated in even more finery than the others. These ornaments are enchanted by magic, and the glitter with a supernatural light. The crystal animal ornaments actually move, birds and squirrels darting from branch to branch. Behind that the large windows show the gardens, blanketed in thick, wintery white.
Just to the right of the dais, a group of musicians tune their instruments, preparing for a grand night of revelry.

Last edited:

prince_icon.jpg
Name: Evren
Origin:
Kingdom of Winter

The vast oak doors slowly swung open, showering the guests in a wondrous gold light. The musicians struck up a grand tune, perfect for their entrance. Everywhere decorations glittered and the hall was filled with the gentle scent of pine.

Servants scurried this way and that, taking care of every need. This night would need to be perfect, thought the prince, who stood before his throne to greet their guests officially, his family depended on it. The three thrones to his left stood empty and he tried not to look at them, though the sadness in his eyes could not be hidden. Still, he kept his posture straight and his tone light. This was a day for feasting and fun. He could not let it be anything else.

Evren looked over the people pouring through the main doors, his smile was welcoming and kind, and he forced excitement through his anxiety. If it was under any other circumstances, Evren would be overjoyed to be hosting such a fantastic party.

1571642504242-png.638932

Name: Kurantse
Origin: Ocaeril
Kurantse arrives at the castle as he does most places - in the form of a coin flying at high speeds. It bounces off the ground to the side of the line of guests with a cling, and the God of Trade appears in its place.

He takes in his surroundings with some confusion. "Where the hell am I?" he asks aloud. He'd been headed to the Exarch's ruined lands to set up some businesses scouring for artifacts, but had ended up here instead.

He points at the Prince. "You, there, you look important. You in charge of this place?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Aleksandra

The girl so bewildered and amazed stood in the doorway of this near magical castle and it's even more wonderful ballroom. Her attire was sure not fitting and she herself was not of the kind to be invited to these balls. There was something homely in it something familiar even if she couldn't pinpoint it . Was it the feeling of Christmas or the landscape reminding of her motherland.
"Aх! Как красиво? (Oh! how beautyful?)"
Her heels hitting the polished marble sounded so out of this world that for a second she even considered that all of this was a dream. The evergreens fill the air with so nice and fresh smells that it almost draws Saša to it.

A man dressed in fine clothes welcomes people in. One by one he greets people. Person by person she is getting closer to him. It's not like he has any strength or agility to match her and maybe if she does it right this will be over in a moment's notice. Well their moments notice. The matters are worsened by her attire. She doesn't wear any fitted gowns or clothes rooted in her cultural past. She is like a ink blob on a white canvas.

Now she has reached the the moment when her bad social skills need to be used or face humiliation - the sign of weakness of mind. She slightly bows before the man.
"I apologise for such inappropriate clothes. I hope this won't dampen the mood"
She tries to glance up to see if she is in clear and can run to the fardest corner.

Mention

4A7F4586-923B-4705-AC9D-A6DF3D1532A3.jpeg
Name: Her Majesty, Queen Aurora
Origin: Arrowyl

Her Majesty sent her royal couriers before her to announce her entrance, and she stepped into the ballroom with all the countenance and dignity of a seasoned stateswoman. At fifteen, Aurora was, in many ways, still just a pretty slip of a girl, but it was clear that her four years on the throne of Arrowyl had forced her to grow up fast. Aurora was petite and slender, with pale skin and dark eyes and hair. She was dressed for the occasion in a gown of icy blue and bright gold, adorned all with pearls over the gown, around her throat, and strung through her hair.

She surveyed the ballroom, making note of everything and everyone within it, before striding down the center of the room to approach the Prince. Once she reached him, she curtsied low.

“Your highness,” she said, before rising to her feet. “It is a pleasure to meet you.” Aurora didn’t offer a smile, but her expression seemed pleasant enough. A calm sort of neutral suited her just fine.

1577139872430.png
Name: Leena Wysarora
Origin: A'eth Esari
Leena glanced around the ballroom in confusion. She had only been on her way to pick up a piece of jewelry for her mother's birthday but instead ended up in this castle. Although, it was quite beautiful. Mindlessly, she followed the crowd of people in front of her, seemingly in line for something. As she got closer, she finally saw the man standing before a throne greeting the other guests. This was all so strange. However, it just felt right. Leena couldn't explain it. It didn't feel any different than an event she had been invited to.

As she shuffled closer to the host of the event, she watched the other's movements. Most seemed to be bowing, however, one pointed at the prince. Leena couldn't tell if this action was aggressive or not, but the man seemed confused at the least. Most people were dressed in formal attire and luckily Leena was one of them. The elf liked to dress nice, especially when she would be out travelling or seen by others.

Finally, it was her turn in front of the prince. Leena curtsied, bowing her head to the royalty in front of her. "It's nice to meet you, your highness." She had followed the actions of the woman in front of her, hoping the tactic would work.

Mention: SilverFlight SilverFlight

prince_icon.jpg
Origin: Kingdom of Winter

Evren had expected a few eccentric characters. It was inevitable with this sort of magic playing in and out of all realities. But he needed their help, anyone who would come and stay. The coin had turned into a man-like figure, obviously one of some power and authority because he spoke curtly and to-the-point, and Evren tried not to miss a beat:
He bowed formally, a stiff gesture from the waist, one hand behind his back, one across his stomach.
"You are in the Winter kingdom. My name is prince Evren, and yes, I suppose, for this night, I am in charge."
He gave the figure a look of serious sympathy. "The magic that brought you here is slightly...chaotic. I do not control it. I work for it, as it works on others without my knowing, but it brings me joy to have you here. Please, stay a while. Enjoy the feast, the music, perhaps you may find the company to your liking also."
Stikes Stikes

The next few figures he greeted formally with with a polite smile. Then a new face appeared, dressed in simple clothes, another who had been taken by the magic.
Evren bowed in return, and his smile was laced with a gentle delight.
"Do not worry about your garments dear lady, I admit, not everyone was permitted to prepare. This celebration is for everyone and besides, the fairness of your face will draw the eyes from your garments."
Jaellagirl Jaellagirl

The next guest was a young royal, with all the poise and formality of her station. Evren greeted her in kind. Bowing low.
"You honour this gathering with your attendance majesty. I hope you find everything to your liking. I encourage you to enjoy the dances and the feast in the great hall but please, if you go into the gardens, be careful."
laceanddoodles laceanddoodles

The next young woman he bowed to before answering: "Well met my lady. Please, enjoy the ball. I encourage you to speak with the other guests, and if you require anything, my servants will attend you."
Mooniee Mooniee

Harian_icon.jpg
Name: Harian
Origin: Spirit dimension

Harian wore a vest with glittering embroidery. White berries on a sea of blue silk. Her trousers were black and she looked just as sparkly as most of the guests. She needed to blend in.
"Well, this is a really classy mess. I sure hope the guests don't mind." She stood by the wall with arms crossed, watching as the prince greeted each of the attendees in person. It looked dreadfully boring.
Still, some of the guests looked like fun. The trickster Stikes Stikes for example, for Harian recognized a kindred spirit.
She had another job to do though too, find the first clue, but she wasn't in a hurry. Why not at least try to enjoy herself at least a little, after all, they had until midnight.

Aleksandra

The gentleness of the man struck a different cord in her. Unwillingly a smile crept on her face and she tried to compose herself. Saša liked being called a lady. It's not a thing you hear any day. And coming from that young man it sounded even nicer. She took a few slow steps past him after she had noded to him. It was almost uncontainable and so unpreventable. A small giggle escaped her before she took on a running step and almost like vanished from the spot. Only indication of her trail was the small gust of wind that caused the lighter fabrics to fly up.

She had ran behind the thrones just to get away from peoples eyes. Leaning her back against one she sighed.
"Oh why does this happen on this night. This.... feeling. Saša, you are better than this! Get your ass up and back to the party."
She paced a bit took a deep breath and peered from behind of it. No the moment was not right. Another deep breath and......

1571642504242-png.638932

He bowed formally, a stiff gesture from the waist, one hand behind his back, one across his stomach.
"You are in the Winter kingdom. My name is prince Evren, and yes, I suppose, for this night, I am in charge."
He gave the figure a look of serious sympathy. "The magic that brought you here is slightly...chaotic. I do not control it. I work for it, as it works on others without my knowing, but it brings me joy to have you here. Please, stay a while. Enjoy the feast, the music, perhaps you may find the company to your liking also."
The golden-robed deity squints at the young man, then chuckles. "'Chaotic' magic, eh? Hope ya know what you're doing, kid."
Despite his dismissive tone, pondered the Princess words. He could have meant nothing by the word, but it did bring the Writhing Cosmos to mind. He certainly hopes his sibling had no influence here.

He turns on his heel, flipping another coin into the air - nothing happens. Playing it off as a simple gesture, he suppresses a grimace. Looks like he's stuck here for the moment.

Well, he may as well preoccupy himself. Looking around for interesting guests, he catches the eye of a short-haired woman leaning against a wall in solitude. He paces over to her.

"Hello, hello, stranger. I gotta say, ya don't look like you want to be here much more than I do."

Last edited:

full

Name: Casper Ollila
Origin: Skyggejord​
Casper ducked into the castle gratefully, rubbing their hands against their arms as they tried to stop their shivering, letting out a quiet sigh as they forced their gaze up, taking in whatever the hell was going on around them.

There was a line of people, and it occurred to them with a squeeze of their heart that there was probably a line for a reason.

They forced themself straighter, looking around to see if anyone had noticed they weren't in the line, and when it was clear that no, they were fine, they slid carefully into it, doing their best to fight the urge to peek ahead.

It occurred to them vaguely this line could be to anywhere, and that getting in a random line wasn't exactly the smartest plan they had ever had. It wasn't like they had a better plan, however, was it?

They kept scooting forward, eventually able to see that this line was leading to a person. Their eyes widened as they looked down at their clothes- a simple dress shirt and slacks- and ran a hand through their hair, as unruly as ever. They really weren't prepared to meet anyone, let alone someone important. Then again, as they took in the line, it occurred that some people were even worse off than Casper.

They sighed, looking forward again as they pushed up their glasses, trying to force at least a weak smile.

Eventually, they reached the front, and they couldn't help but bow as they'd seen others do.

They tried to force words from their mouth, and after several mortifying seconds, they managed a quiet, "Thank you for your hospitality."

Immediately, they blushed.What did that even mean? Regardless, it had felt right, and they prayed for a dismissal before they had to face the reality of it.

Lyra Icon.png
Name: Lyra
Origin: Elysia
With a few tentative steps, Lyra entered the ballroom. She held up her hanbok as she skittered inside. There were so many people! She'd never attended events like this before! As she did her best to fit in, the noise grew louder and louder. A grimace formed on her face.

"Gah... 너무 시끄럽다! " To wake up in some foreign world wasn't on the agenda, and now, she had to fit in. Mortals and their odd events. How could anyone enjoy such dissonance?

In the corner of her eye, Lyra noticed a man sitting. Without hesitating, she skittered to him, gazing at him with a furrowed brow. "Ahem," she said, "what is this place? You are responsible for this, I think. What is the meaning of this?" She spoke with a strong Korean accent, and her tone reeked of bitterness.

prince_icon.jpg
Evren watched the god go, oblivious as to that was what he was. "I hope I do too." He whispered under his breath.

The prince watched as his guest giggled, and then vanish before his eyes.
"You have magic!" He exclaimed happily. But she was gone now, he couldn't see her.
It was when Aleksandra was behind the throne, sitting close to the base of the tree that something happened:

The pine branches began to shift with a breeze that came from everywhere and nowhere. The bright bows on the sea of gifts under the tree flapped merrily and on the breeze the crystal birds seemed to fly excitedly, deviating from their usual patterns.
One bird flitted down and landed on the branch closest to the young woman and began to sing. As it sang, words whispered themselves into the ears of nearby guests:

A secret blight, a fallen light, a curse a kingdom must make right,

Three lie trapped in winter’s grace, until three challenges you face,

Once to arms, their keys obtain, then one must find the winter’s bane,

The first trial rests ‘neath dancers’ feet, where secret treasures softly sleep

Guarded by tall green lord, seek thee out the poet’s sword.

@ everyone who wants to join the story quest

Evren wanted to look for the young lady, but he was not finished greeting the guests yet. The next guest approached and he bowed deeply to them.
"You are welcome in the Kingdom of Winter." He smiled. "The dancing should begin soon. Do you dance?"
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

The next guests seemed upset. Evren gave her a look of deep regret.
"I am so sorry my lady, I mean no disrespect, and I promise I have no ill-intent. You were brought here by magic, and it is a magic that is not entirely mine."
He bowed low, humbling himself before her anger. "You are in the Kingdom of Winter, you are not a prisoner but a guest, I implore you, please try and enjoy the ball. At the end, you will be safely returned to your home world."
Amaranths Amaranths

Harian_icon.jpg

To her surprise the deity she'd been watching decided to come over. Harian couldn't help but stand up from the wall. She was a spirit, but not half as powerful and she was always wary of people with more power. She smirked in a conspiring manner as he spoke.
"I don't want to be anywhere but back in my own dimension, though I'm bound to this plane a little more than I'd like to be. I have a job to do. Still, might as well have fun right?"
She looked out over the growing sea of guests. "What would you do for fun?" The smile that she wore wasn't exactly malicious, but it wasn't sweet either.
Stikes Stikes

full

Name: Casper Ollila
Origin: Skyggejord​
Casper smiled, blush still heavy on their cheeks as they forced their gaze up to the man. They shook their head. "Not really. Well, not formally. I never learned any of the steps." This needed to end. The longer Casper spoke the stupider he felt. "But maybe I'll learn. Again, thank you for your kindness." For half a second, silence rested, and then Casper forced a moment of bravery from himself. "Maybe I'll see you later."

Casper left quickly after those words, head dipped down.

65b4v5gj.jpg
Name: Gabriel Albright
Origin:Alternate Earth

It had been a relatively normal day, and not the ambiguous near-death normal that was life for Gabriel these days, but an actual calm normal. The kind that an average, mundane human living out their normal, mundane life might have. Walking around downtown Chicago and taking in the sights, he had been enjoying what might very well be his first day off in...months? Years? It had been a while in any case, and he was determined to make the most of it. He had set off on his own that morning, leaving the others to whatever they did when the only human in the house wasn't around. Living with an angel and several immortals, a few of which were actual gods, took a lot out of a guy sometimes. But, apparently, life had decided that his normal, mundane stroll was about to get a lot less normal. As he turned a corner, the world suddenly went from a rather busy city street to the bright white of a snow-covered landscape. The transition was so shocking and sudden that for a moment, he didn't quite understand what had happened. He stopped, boots crunching in the fresh powder and looked over his shoulder only to find that what was once a bustling city street was now just more snow and trees, and an empty path. Carrying on forward, Gabriel reached into his duster pocket and pulled out a cigarette from a pack he always kept. Lighting it and taking a single large puff and holding it in, he exhaled a deep and weary sigh.

"So much for my day off, I suppose."

As he made his way along the path, he noticed footprints in the otherwise unbroken snowy landscape leading up to and across a rather nicely decorated wooden bridge. When the castle first appeared at the edge of his vision, he didn't quite believe what he was seeing. But then again, he had been in far stranger situations before and besides. It looked rather inviting. He found himself at the entryway a few moments later, kicking the snow off of his boots before stepping in. Putting out his cigarette, he put the butt in his pocket and stepped inside, letting the bright lights and warmth of the place wash over him like a tidal wave. The music was lovely, the sights and sounds as festive as anything he could dream up. The first thing he noticed was the rather lavishly dressed man greeting other visitors as they entered. The man seemed a bit too finely dressed to be just some greeter, the 'enchanted castle in the woods' version of the guy who stands around looking grumpy at the entrance to a Walmart. When he was alone, Gabriel stepped over to the man, smiling his usual easy smile.

"So uh. I don't suppose you would happen to be able to tell me where exactly I am would you?"

Lyra Icon.png
Name: Lyra
Origin: Elysia
"A magic not entirely yours? What is this?" Her look of anger faded into one of surprise, and her eyes widened. "I thought you did this, but... if that is truly the case." Turning to the ballroom, she saw people dancing with huge grins. With a deep breath, she faced him once more.

"... Very well. I have done harder things, and dancing will not kill me. Though, I do hope it shall end soon." With that said, she turned and walked away, crossing her arms. The next task she faced was to socialize, and she didn't do much of that at home.

58F355E3-66EA-4279-9781-997F7A2E3D70.jpeg

Aurora walked off towards the edge of the ballroom to watch and wait. She didn’t expect to dance, much. These events, in her mind, were more for politics and making connections than idle fun, and really, she disliked them. Aurora had never been a fan, much, of pretense or guile, and all she could see, at a ball like this, was a desperate struggle for power and favor gussied up and presented as entertainment. As the riddle whispered itself into her ear, she inwardly sighed. The games were afoot, or so it would seem.

She looked around, watching people pass. Nobody had really begun dancing in earnest, yet. The evening had really only just begun. She saw a young person with wild and unkempt hair, as well as a pretty young lady in formal dress. She nodded graciously to each, the boredom evident in her face and body.

mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties Mooniee Mooniee

Last edited:
Aleksandra

She could feel the air move behind her. It seemed as if the large tree had come fully to life. The birds flew chaotically, wind turned and it all drew Saša's attention. She turned to something so different to what she had ever seen before. And now even her legs refused to work right an she fell down.
"Oи! Ето ёлка живёшь! (Oh! That spruce lives)"
She was captured by it's magnificent beauty. It truly amazed her and her jaw was even more dropped when a bird flew near her and started to sign in human tounge.
"Ох, птица. (Oh a Birdy)"
She took in every word it said but she was still so taken in by the words that after her attempt to stand and reach for it she stumbled and hit the ground with a loud thump.

1571642504242-png.638932

"I don't want to be anywhere but back in my own dimension, though I'm bound to this plane a little more than I'd like to be. I have a job to do. Still, might as well have fun right?"
She looked out over the growing sea of guests. "What would you do for fun?" The smile that she wore wasn't exactly malicious, but it wasn't sweet either.
The god taps his chin in thought. "Well, normally I'd try to scam some people, or something like that," he says, looking around, "I get the feeling that might be in poor taste at an event like this, though."

When the riddle weaves its way through the air, he cocks his head to the side, listening. "You hear that? Could be a bit of a diversion."

Last edited:

prince_icon.jpg

"Maybe I'll see you later."
Evren bowed his head, happy for the boldness from his guest.
"I look forward to it."
mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties

He gave the Korean goddess a saddened look. "I hope this will end soon too."
He watched her go, and it wasn't long before the next guest appeared. He too seemed lost and Evren bowed his greeting.
"You have found your way into the Winter Kingdom. The magic that brought you will keep you until the night is done, but no longer. Please, enjoy the feast. I promise it will be a night like no other."
Naberius Naberius Amaranths Amaranths

The guests satisfied for the meantime Evren turned and on a whim, checked behind the thrones, for it was the only place he could imagine the young woman had disappeared to. The bird's clue was not lost on him. So the game would begin now. He tried to stifled a pang of worry. It may have been a game to the one who created it, but they were playing with his family.
Aleksandra was on the ground and he held out a hand to her.
"There you are, I was starting to worry that you'd vanished for good. You are not injured I hope?"
Jaellagirl Jaellagirl

Harian_icon.jpg

Harian liked the god's style, but he had a point. She sighed. "Yeah you're probably right."
She didn't need to hold her disappointment for long however. The first clue made itself known.
"And so it begins." Harian raised her hands in mock-defeat. "Well, we might as well play. So, what do you think it means?"
It wasn't long before her eyes drifted back to the dais. She caught sight of an all-too-familiar shock of ebony hair Naberius Naberius .
"Oh." Hairan wasn't sure if she was happy or dismayed. So, he was here too, caught up in whatever was planned. Well, things would certainly be interesting, of that she was sure.
Stikes Stikes

1577147923900.png
Leena wandered around the ballroom, not quite sure what to do. There were some conversations going while others stood off to the side. She came across a young girl off to the side. The girl couldn't be more than 16 but held herself like a full grown woman! The girl gave Leena a respectful nod but looked extremely bored. Maybe this was a chance to cure Leena's own boredom! She approached the younger girl. "It's a pleasure to meet you!" She smiled brightly before introducing herself. "I'm Leena Wysasora."

She hoped by talking to this girl maybe she would figure out a little more about why they were all there. Or maybe she also had no clue.

Mentions: laceanddoodles laceanddoodles

Aleksandra

Meer moments after her fall a hand was offered her to help her get up. It was the young man from the beginning. Could he run like her or..or did he teleport. How else could he have found her so fast? His such attention was a new experience for her and a slight blush crept on her face.

She took the man's hand and helped herself off from the floor. Her eyes still firmly headed to the floor.
"Ummm..... well I don't actually vanish I can just move really fast."
She looked around to find the bird but he had already flew away. Most of the room didn't seem to be too affected by the riddle. There was something deeply intriguing about it.
"Umm so did you see the lovely Birdy? Or well at least hear it? It seems that someone's in trouble and... and we should help them."
Without her thinking about it she had crapped him and the last words came out as a something between a plea and a command.

65b4v5gj.jpg
Name: Gabriel Albright
Origin: Alternate Earth

"Winter Kingdom? You don't mean like. The Winter Court of the Fae do you? My holiday plans didn't include being stuck on the other side of the veil with fairy folk..."
Gabriel let his eyes wander over the other guests and took in the scene around him. It was certainly festive enough, and the place seemed rather inviting. Even the air about the place was calm, no malice or ill intent was present as far as he could tell.

"Oh well. Midnight, huh? Might as well get comfortable and kick back I suppose. I just hope I get back before they decide to go out looking for me."

Swiping a drink from a passing servant carrying a silver platter of them about the place, Gabriel made his way further in, pointedly avoiding the actual dance floor. He had never actually learned to dance properly, and modern dances just seemed silly to him.
As he walked about, he made note of several of the other guests, some obviously of one kind of supernatural background or another, though most he couldn't place. He was more relaxed than he otherwise would be, but he couldn't help but feel at home here. It was a peaceful place, away from the life or death terror that he had to deal with so often.
It was as he was walking about and trying to mingle a little that he heard the odd sing-song carol carried on the wind. The evening was certainly shaping up to be rather interesting, at the very least.

View attachment 660393

"A pleasure indeed, Miss Wysasora," said Aurora, returning the other girl's nod. "I am Her Majesty, Queen Aurora Davenwood the first of Arrowyl."

The queen's voice was low and smooth, for her a girl of her age. It was a studied, practiced, thing. In truth, she'd been working with vocal coaches since before she took the throne. One it had been made plain that she was the heir apparent, the preparations for her reign had been strenuous. Her voice was only one facet of her training-- she could not afford to sound like she was screeching when making addresses. Her posture, her mannerisms and gestures, even the tiniest quirk of her eyebrow, all had the air of being fully deliberate and carefully planned out. "Are you enjoying the festivities?"

Mooniee Mooniee

1571642504242-png.638932

The first clue made itself known.
"And so it begins." Harian raised her hands in mock-defeat. "Well, we might as well play. What do you think it means?"
Kurantse considers for a moment, muttering under his breath. "Well, 'Neath dancer's feet..."
He looks back to the ballroom's dancefloor. It's a fair guess that the riddle was referring to the area, by his reckoning.

He offers a boney, metal-tipped hand to the woman. "Would you care for a dance? I think that we should give that a go before breaking the floor open, eh?"

Last edited:

1577148779057.png
Leena couldn't hide the surprise on her face. The girl was a queen? Her mannerisms match but she just looked so... young. "Ah! Forgive my manners, Your Highness," she apologized. She supposed she should speak a little more formally if she was talking to some kind of royalty. "The ballroom is absolutely stunning!" She responded, glancing around. She had never seen a building like it and the snow outside only enhanced the beauty of the room. "Although I'm not sure how I ended up here. I heard something about magic earlier," Leen said with a quiet giggle. "Are you enjoying the ball, Your Majesty?"

While Leena was stilled trained to be polite, it was nowhere close to the training Queen Aurora surely underwent. Compared to the queen beside her, Leena's tone seemed almost rough, her sight accent not helping. She felt nervous next to the younger girl, feeling like she needed to watch her own moves as to not make any mistakes.

Mentions: laceanddoodles laceanddoodles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back