• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

View attachment 660393
Name: Her Majesty, Queen Aurora
Origin: Arrowyl

"You're alright, Miss Wysasora. Your manners are fine, indeed, and there is nothing to forgive." She paused, taking in the rest of what the young lady had to say, and observing her face and body language. Seeing the surprise, Aurora had to fight to keep back a smile. "It is pretty, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if there were magic here, after all. I certainly didn't make the carriage ride here from Arrowyl."

While she had been swept into this like all the rest, pulled away from her own Yuletide celebrations, she fit the room well, in her icy blues and golds and clean whites. Coupled with her cool demeanor she made a proper snow queen. Out of the terror and chaos of her childhood, she had grown to hold her true thoughts feelings quite close to her chest, and not show much emotion at all to any she didn't trust with her life. Which was, perhaps, two or three people, at most. Aurora glanced around, then gave Leena a look that could only be described as furtive. She leaned towards her, just a little, and quietly said, "If I may be honest with you, though, I never did quite enjoy balls."

Mooniee Mooniee

prince_icon.jpg
Name: Evren
Origin: Kingdom of Winter

Before looking for the young woman he had seen before Evren answered the man:
"We're not Fae, or at least, not among our circles, though some might consider any who use magic part of them. We are a peaceful kingdom, though, some say we rest far too close to old magic."
Naberius Naberius

"Is that so?" The prince seemed intrigued, "Well, any magic is sure to put you in good stead tonight."
She mentioned the bird and Evren seemed to grow a little sad. "Yes. I saw the bird, and heard it too."
"We should help them."
At those words the prince's face lit up with hope. "Yes! They do need help, though this is something I must leave to my guests. Do you know what the words meant?"
Jaellagirl Jaellagirl

Harian_icon.jpg
Name: Harian
Origin: Spirit dimension

Harian looked at the hand in surprise. This was new.
"Are you sure? Breaking the floor sounds like more fun." Still, she was smiling and she took the hand. "How...human."
Scoff as she did Harian was intrigued and she moved to the dance floor with the god of trade on her arm.
"Well, if I am dancing, maybe I should put on a bit of a show."
Harian stepped away for just a moment, her clothes shimmering and changing, until she stood in a long, flowing dress, deep ocean blue. The embroidery looked as if it was made from crystal, but the patterns moved: quiet flames and rising phoenix.
The music stepped into another song and Harian held out a hand with a cat-like smile. Ready to begin.
"'Secret treasures, guarded by a tall, green lord'...what do you make of that?" She asked as the dance started. Harian moved with the coiling grace of smoke, just a little too fluid to be mortal.
Stikes Stikes

Gabriel glanced around the place, rolling the words around in his head.
"Tall green lord, huh? Well. Only one thing in this place that matches that description."
Placing his empty glass on a nearby table, Gabriel made his way over in the direction of the thrones at the head of the room. In his mind, the only answer that made sense was the singularly massive evergreen beyond them. He stepped past the seats and up to the impressively large tree, walking a slow circle around it. 'Poet's Sword' was another matter entirely, but he had a hunch as to what the words were alluding to. Now, he just had to find it.

"A holiday themed treasure hunt. I think I'm going to enjoy this."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Aleksandra

The sad mood on the man was reflected in every ounce of his body. That sort of heaviness laying on the soul would ware someone, anyone out quickly. Even if her claim to help them made him smile the sadness still remained.
"Look at me! I don't know your name, your family or history but from the moment I heard the bird it came my duty to help them and you. I promise"
She removed her hands from him and looked straight into his eyes. Her speach culminated in her placing her hand over his heart.
"Now let's see. Umm yeah okay. I think there was something about treasure hidden under dancers feet. I am not sure what that could mean. Maybe the floor or soles of the shoes.... Oh I don't know. Umm what came next? I think something about a Guardian in green...."
Saša took a good look around the room and out of the window but only thing colored green she could see was the evergreens.
"It most likely the spruces dotted around here but I don't know which. There are so many of them. I'm so sorry I'm so useless. Well at least the last part was clear is."
She placed her hands on her head and sat on the ground.
"I'm am useless. I'm sure that I can't even find the bloody pen - weapon of a writer. I'm so sorry"

1577153519793.png
Name: Leena Wysarora
Origin: A'eth Esari
Leena was surprised by what the queen had confided in her. She had to hold back a loud 'what?!'. She always thought that's what royalty was meant to do! Go to balls and fancy parties and such. "Really? May I ask what you dislike about them?" She asked, hoping not to overstep any boundaries. "Truthfully, I've never been to a ball. Of course my village has had gatherings and such but we're mostly isolated from others."

That is what bored her. There was almost no excitement in A'eth Esari. There were never new people! She wasn't sure why but that's how it had always been. The gatherings weren't even exciting. The most formal events that happened were either weddings or the Day of The New Rain celebration held every spring. Even then, it was more of a party than something so grand such as this. She watched as people began to dance. All of the movements seemed much more elegant than those of the elvish villagers back home. Although the music was much more upbeat in the festivals she was accustomed to.

laceanddoodles laceanddoodles

9143FC62-15ED-438C-9B69-D8FCAF6277CD.jpeg
Name: Cymbelin Taurari
Origin: Phendei
A distortion rippled through the very fabric of space and time as the bare, masculine form with no discernible anatomy broke through the veil that had grown oh-so-thin circa the night of the winter solstice. The body was like a window to a beautiful, infinite universe. Two glowing eyes appeared as though they had opened. “Urgh... This is strange; this was not my intended destination,” he stated aloud with a hint of curiosity. “What went wrong...?”

Pacing through the snowy woods, the esoteric god took in the sights, appreciating a scenic space he could inhabit. As he approached the warmly-lit castle beyond the trees, he stopped for a moment to make a noise like exhaling. Variegated cosmic dust accumulated and bled from his fingertips, weaving itself into exquisite fabrics to drape his body. Similar materials began accumulating atop his head, not unlike the way hair would grow. The clothing took on a blue-violet gradient, the hair a range of oranges, yellows, and whites. With his only preparations complete, he clawed open a wormhole with his bare hand, launching himself across the expanse and landing at the front gate of the grand abode. “Is the master of this place home?” his voice echoed from no discernible mouth to those outside.

prince_icon.jpg

The flush on Evren's cheeks was obvious. "You've a noble heart my lady. I thank you."
He seemed to get more excited as she broke down the riddle.
"The trees, yes of course. What about the big one?" Evren pointed to the largest tree, a massive evergreen behind the thrones. Underneath the tree piles of presents glittered.
Evren watched as Aleks sat on the ground, and this time it was his turn to take her hands gently.
"You are far from useless. You've already solved part of the riddle. I am sure that the "tall green lord" is the evergreen tree here, and the "poet's sword", I'll bet you anything that it's a pen! We're looking for a pen hidden in the presents underneath the tree!"
Jaellagirl Jaellagirl

Each present underneath the massive evergreen was neatly wrapped, but there was one box that didn't quite seem to fit. It was not covered in bright paper but left un-wrapped, it's lid fastened with a delicate clasp. This box was obviously designed for a writing instrument. On it the symbo of a snowflake glowed faintly. There was a very strong magic settled in this box.

View attachment 660393

For once, Aurora couldn't hide a small smile. It flashed across her face for only a moment before being absorbed back into the clean neutrality of her usual expression. Although she hated duplicity in any form, she did find it quite fun to contradict people's expectations of her. She could be nobody but herself, and it was her secret delight when that caught people off guard.

"Well, Miss Wysasora, I must admit I'm most used to the balls held by my own court. You see, I value simplicity, honesty, and forthrightness in all things, and a ball is the antithesis of these ideals. Everyone dressed up in their best, literally dancing around the subjects they most wish but most fear to bring up. This is political theater, Miss Wysasora, at its finest. This whole thing, from the room to the servants, from the decorations to the food and the music, it is all meant to tell that his highness, the Prince over there," she gestured politely and gave a nod in the direction of Prince Everen, "is wealthy, powerful, and looking for friends. Dancing is fine. Pretty clothes are fine. But it's the pretense of it all that irks me so."

Aurora took a deep breath, glancing around again. "Although, I must admit, it's not so bad as the balls in my own court. At least, near nobody here knows who I am-- nobody is fighting to try and control me."

Mooniee Mooniee

1571642504242-png.638932

Name: Kurantse
Origin: Ocaeril
"Are you sure? Breaking the floor sounds like more fun." Still, she was smiling and she took the hand. "How...human."
Scoff as she did Harian was intrigued and she moved to the dance floor with the god of trade on her arm.
He chuckles at her remark. "Well, this is a bit of a novelty. It's not too often somebody like me gets to participate in a mortal convention like this, you see."
As she takes his hand, the flesh of his palm feels just as cold as the metal caps he wears.
"'Secret treasures, guarded by a tall, green lord'...what do you make of that?" She asked as the dance started. Harian moved with the coiling grace of smoke, just a little too fluid to be mortal.
He raises an eyebrow at her change in clothes. More to her than was immediately apparent, hm?
"My first instinct is to be on the lookout for a combatant of some kind, but something tells me a riddle wouldn't be so direct..." Looking around the room and taking in his surroundings once more - particularly noting the massive evergreen - he continues, "But seeing tonight's decor, I think it might be something else. What an oblique way to refer to a Krassmass tree..."

Aleksandra

She looked at him through the nearly teary eyes. The tears are almost ready to purst out of here eyes. Saša tries her best to wipe the water away from her eyes.
"You sure? If that's right......then maybe we should start.... looking under the tree. Different presents or...or if there are any then maybe shake the boxes and estimate which shake like a pen"
She gave the man a slight smile and turns her body so it would be easier for her to get up.
"I'm not sure how we set about doing it but.... but I guess we should start then."
A small streak run down Saša's cheak. And she set out to run a bit around the presents to find anything out of ordinary. Like a flash she is gone and a memory of faint smile could be still found.

1577156161725.png
A grin spread across Leena's face as she caught a glance of Queen Aurora's smile. She didn't know what he did to cause her to smile but it delighted her to see it! It showed the the girl she was talking to was something other than just some stoic queen.

She contemplated Aurora's words for a moment before responding. "I suppose that makes sense. That does sound tiresome. Luckily it doesn't seem that His Highness has anything to gain from gathering such a random assortment of people for a ball. Your Highness, may be able to enjoy herself here rather than worrying about the politics of everything!" It was somewhat sad. Thequeen was so young but didn't seemed to have ever been allowed to relax and just have fun! Perhaps Leena would be able to help bring that smile out again. "Also, please, call me Leena! I'm not used to going by my last name," Leena requested with a giggle.

1577156219976.png
Name: Wysteria Beacon
Origin: Club Kingdom

Wysteria took a small sip of her drink and then shewed the servants away. She did not know what magic brought her here, but she could not argue with the choice the caster made. After all, she could not imagine anyone more qualified for what was obviously an inter dimensional ball. Perhaps she could learn something here that could help her gain even more power. On that note...some of the other guests were pitiful. In fact, she could not help but feel anything but pity for the lowly creatures. She could only imagine would mundane, rugged dimensions they hailed from. Not that hers was any better. She pondered how it all happened. It was as if she had just awoken from reality to be sauntering the edge of a wonderful dream. Maybe this was all a dream. She obsevered the poor captives of this realm...for she surmised she was only here by choice. Should she get the urge, she will find and destroy the caster...or torture him into releasing her once she lost interest.

"I'm sure it will be fun...perhaps we should go help them."

"If only to kill this dreaded dullness that has entered my spirit, I suppose watching rodents run through a maze can be entertaining. Especially if they were decapitated right before biting into the cheese they so desperately desired."

"Strange, in place of a graceful dance, we are instead to scavenge like vultures on a hunt for festive carcass. (I love the sight of a good carcass...) Traveling across realms for something so silly is strange yes? I suppose it would be even stranger to do nothing. I was bored with doing nothing, so I have come to observe you not do nothing. Perhaps even offer aid, for the price of your s-, ahem...I am Wysteria Beacon. I hope you are all in much greater spirits than I."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Jaellagirl Jaellagirl

IMG_1302 copy.jpeg

"Perhaps it may be so, Miss Leena. Even then, I do believe I shall be on my guard. One can never be too careful-- especially amongst foreigners. Goodness knows, I could misspeak and cause a war." As always, she was scanning and surveying the room with her dark eyes. They landed upon a young lady with the most unusually pink hair and a gown of black lace. Aurora raised an eyebrow, and gave the lady a polite nod, before adjusting the glittering crown on her head and turning her attentions back to Miss Leena. "Although, if we have been transported by magic to a glorious winter palace, anything is possible. Even a queen acquiescing to fun. Who knows. Somebody may even ask me to dance."

She took a long pause, then, her eyes sweeping once again over the crowd. "And what of you, Miss Leena? Where are you from, and what is it like there?"

Mooniee Mooniee LazyDaze LazyDaze

Last edited:
Aleksandra (final post, I need sleep)

The running around proved to be fruitful. Soon she found a small box. It was not wrapped and it was just in the size to find a pen. She slowed down to take it. Well she tried to slow down but she kinda had to stagger her movement a bit longer than she liked. The box emitted powerful energy. Magic ready to destroy when placed into the hands of those who don't know how to use it fair.

It seemed as if some kind of illness took over her body spreading from the box and through her body. Saša felt so cold. Like the blood in her veins had froze and her muscles were made of ice. She needed to make it safe for others. What could she do. The only thing coming to mind is removing the pen from the box.

She resorted limping to the man cause her body was not working as before. The last few feet she nearly fell into his arms.
"I found it! But you got to promise me to keep on the search cause I am not sure how much longer I am in this world"
She pushed the pen in his hand and as as a final goodbye she kissed him on the cheek and whispered "Remember" As her body turned to snowflakes that drifted away.

1F34D0C5-F2F7-40DD-9660-2DFD69AE13ED.jpeg
Name: Cymbelin Taurari
Origin: Phendei

After being greeted by various attendants on his way in, the deity moved beyond the front courtyard and into the ballroom. He looked up and watched as a withering girl delivered a pen to a noble-looking figure. By the time she turned to snowflakes, Cymbelin had closed the distance, appearing next to the prince. “Life... so beautiful, yet so fleeting. Mortals seek to prolong it, change it, produce it, copy it, master it,” he monologued. “So many wishes revolve around such subjects, but hers was simple: for you to keep searching. Tell me, child; what is it you seek?”

Lyra Icon.png
Name: Lyra
Origin: Elysia

When the riddle arrived with its elegant mystery, Lyra sighed. She watched the birds flit around and fly away as fast as they came. If she was to stay here, then fulfilling this objective would serve her well. After all, she'd been commanded many, many times to do menial tasks like this!

Aleksandra already delivered the pen to the prince. The Goddess of Light noticed just as she finished her train of thought. Putting her hands on her hips, she tapped her foot to the music. Starting conversations was such a pain! That, and nobody here had caught her eye.

In the corner of the ballroom, she stood. Her expression remained unchanged, and one could feel a sense of apathy from her. How sad.

1577160690425.png
"Wouldn't that be wonderful! Although it doesn't look like many people are dancing," Leena responded, glancing over to the small crowd gathered around the prince. There was some sort of commotion but she couldn't quite see or hear what was happening. Her attention was drawn away from the crowd when Aurora had asked her about herself. "Oh, me? I'm from A'eth Esari. It's a fairly small village. My father is the village elder, although he's only about 220 years old!" There were many elves who were much older than him. It was only a symbolic name passed down from leader to leader.

prince_icon.jpg

As Aleks went in search of what they needed, Evren turned to the very odd girl that had addressed them. She had the strangest manner of speech and Evren didn't quite know how to respond.
"Wysteria, the honour is mine. Welcome to the ball."
Next a very unique being approached. Evren had to look at him longer than was polite to grasp even a fraction of what he was.
"I am bound not to speak of what I wish for this night. Suffice to say, my guests will be the key to it."
It was then the young girl returned with the box, looking strangely tired that Evren became alarmed. Then, even as the box was placed into his hands she vanished.
The prince pressed the box to his chest. "Fairwell, my lady." The magic of this night was strange indeed, but the first piece to the puzzle was theirs at last.
He opened the box carefully and peered inside.
LazyDaze LazyDaze Jaellagirl Jaellagirl Goonfire Goonfire

The pen sat delicately on a cushion of velvet inside the box, but as soon as the prince had lifted the lid it rose by itself and began to float in mid-air. Then it rushed forward, leaving the prince to duck out of it's way. The pen sped to the ball room floor, it's tip glowing with magical ink. It began to trace a pattern on the floor. The lines looped and spiraled and then the loops repeated. The pen turned about the floor, moving like a dancer, the ink glowing blue where it had been. But the pattern looked odd: repetitive and graceful, but there were no words or pictures it seemed to be forming.

Harian_icon.jpg
Name: Harian
Origin: Spirit dimension

Harian nodded. "Christmas tree, yeah that fits." Even as she said it it looked like the prince's companions had solved the first part. The pen whirled by them, drawing it's strange repetitive pattern, spinning all across the floor. The pattern seemed to have three distinct parts to every piece, and the pen drew them always in the same order, never once lifting from it's work.
"Well, that's curious." Harian remarked. "I think it wants to dance."
Stikes Stikes

((This is probably my last post for tonight, but if people want to continue the quest just post in the OOC and I'll be on tomorrow))

IMG_1302 copy.jpeg

“Indeed, indeed. We seem to be a bit unbalanced on the dance floor— nobody can quite decide who is to lead and who is to follow.”
Aurora, for her her part, listened quite closely to Leena’s description of her village. She hadn’t spent much time amongst elves, only the few ambassadors she’d played host to back in Arrowyl.

“And what was that like, Miss Leena? You must forgive me, it is so easy for me to romanticize the simplicity and peace that I imagine must come from rural life.”

In an instant, her gaze was snapped to attention by the dancing, glowing, pen. Quite an odd piece of magic, to be sure, but a pretty one. A charming little spectacle to enhance the chase of the riddle-hunt.

Mooniee Mooniee

Last edited:

1571642504242-png.638932

Name: Kurantse
Origin: Ocaeril
In the corner of the ballroom, she stood. Her expression remained unchanged, and one could feel a sense of apathy from her. How sad.
As Kurantse dances with the woman - he still hadn't asked her name - he spies a rather despondent-looking girl skulking in the corner. Normally, he wouldn't pay this much mind at all, but he feels an unfortunately familiar energy radiating from her - that of divine light. The only others he knows that produce such a power were his mad brother Yimor and his Angels. This person doesn't seem to have the Lightbringer's quiet malice, though... but it would still be smart to assess her more thoroughly.

One of the banknotes tucked into his hat dislodges itself, then snakes through the air towards the goddess. It abruptly pulls to a stop before her, floating upright. The inked numerals flow into an image of the god himself, and it speaks to her in a small, buzzing voice; "Hey there, fellow deific entity. You doin' alright?" As it ask its question, its tone is slightly wary.
Harian nodded. "Christmas tree, yeah that fits." Even as she said it it looked like the prince's companions had solved the first part. The pen whirled by them, drawing it's strange repetitive pattern, spinning all across the floor. The pattern seemed to have three distinct parts to every piece, and the pen drew them always in the same order, never once lifting from it's work.
"Well, that's curious." Harian remarked. "I think it wants to dance."
"I don't know what 'Christmas' is, bit I'm guessing it's a midwinter festival with a remarkable similarity to what I know as Krassmass," he says.

Then, the pen makes its lilting way past them, trailing obviously magic ink and drawing designs on the floor. At the woman's comment, he grins. "So it would seem. Shall we follow what are, I would guess, the mysterious floating pen's instructions?" Even as he speaks, he seems to be gearing up to follow his own advice, drawing their dancing nearer to the patterns.

Last edited:

Lyra Icon.png
Name: Lyra
Origin: Elysia

What was that thing?

It looked like a piece of paper with numbers and letters on it, some shade of green and yellow. As it came to her, she tensed up and held her hands up. If this... thing was aiming to hurt her, then she wouldn't back down. She knew an unfamiliar world would harbor enemies, and she never doubted the fact that this could be a trap. A glint of light appeared in her palms and—

An image? As he spoke, Lyra lowered her hands, the light dimming. She examined the image for a while, trying to garner his intent. Honestly, the fact that he was also a god unnerved her the most.

"How am I?" she finally said. Her tone was just as wary as his, if not more. "I am doing... fine enough. I did not expect to come here, though I guess that goes for everyone else."

In the corner of her eye, she saw the pen swivel around the ground in shapes. Lyra raised an eyebrow to this but quickly turned her attention back to Kurantse.
Stikes Stikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back