What's new

Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

Phadia

Likely Sleep Deprived
Supporter
What was the first anime you ever watched? And what did you think of it?

Mine was Naruto. :D

I didn't know about anime at the time, but I really liked Sasuke (my first anime crush lol), and I also liked Sakura. *face-palm*

I was sooo scared when Jiraiya came in, because I thought my mom was going to think I was watching something bad. xD

Hi Phadia!

The first one I really watched all the way through was Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've actually been rewatching it these past few days xD I forgot how good it was. I'm sure you've heard all about it from my profile :P

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
I watched my favorite anime for the first time at the age of 3 (I think?). It was named "digimon" and it´s a series I still love today.

Miracleist

Bathing in dream light
I guess it speaks of my age that when I search my memories, the earliest as far as I can remember was from that era. I don't even know the name, but it was around Sailor Moon's time and had that sort of art style. Or maybe it was Dragonball Z.

If I had to say my earliest favourite though, or the earliest most memorable - it'll be the probably-obscure Gyōten Ningen Batseelor. It's probably the earliest anime series I watched with my cousins all the way to the end almost obsessively. Later on, as I grew older and got more exposure to other media, not just anime, the next most memorable was Monster for its really deep plot and complex characters. I still consider it to be one of the most amazing anime I've seen in terms of depth. Already digressing though!

The Inquisitor

The Empress of the Pen
Mine was Tiger & Bunny

I don't even know how, it isn't popular compared to things like DBZ, FMA, and Naruto, no one even told me about it. It just ended up being my first, and I really liked it.

Doctor Nope

The high ground
Apart from Pokemon and a few random dubbed episodes of Naruto on TV when I was a young boi who didn't know what anime was, the first anime I actually properly watched was Deathnote.

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
I watched my favorite anime for the first time at the age of 3 (I think?). It was named "digimon" and it´s a series I still love today.

O^O Yassssssssssssssssssss

Mine was also Digimon. I watched it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I ever watched an episode of Pokemon in third grade (and then subsequently gave up on because HOW THE HELL DO I FOLLOW IT). My only proof of this is when I started to watch it again in seventh grade and I was constantly screaming, "I RECOGNIZE THAT GIANT CACTUS! AND THAT FLUFFY WHITE WALRUS!" xD

And this was before I became an otaku/weaboo/fangirl extraordinaire. 

Galactic

Out of This World 🚀
My first anime was Sword Art Online, and it was a little short of two years ago that I watched it. I really liked it and still sort of do. Of course, I've seen much better anime and really, everything past the first half of season one just... sucked.

What was the first anime you ever watched? And what did you think of it?

Mine was Naruto. :D

I didn't know about anime at the time, but I really liked Sasuke (my first anime crush lol), and I also liked Sakura. *face-palm*

I was sooo scared when Jiraiya came in, because I thought my mom was going to think I was watching something bad. xD
I also liked Sakura initially. The problem is that she was one of the lead characters but she didn't advance at the same pace as Naruto and Sasuke.

Hi Phadia!

The first one I really watched all the way through was Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've actually been rewatching it these past few days xD I forgot how good it was. I'm sure you've heard all about it from my profile :P
Fullmetal Alchemist!!! I need to get up to date with this!! I'm so behind on so many animes! :(

SlowInfect

The madness creeps in
Outlaw Star. I remember really liking it as a kid but I re-watched recently. That one was a little weird, but I'm fairly neutral about it now. I don't think I'd outright recommend it to people, but I wouldn't call it bad either.

Hm, I remember being a kid and watching some random anime I found on TV because I thought it was a cartoon. There was darkness, there was fighting, there was blood, and maybe some white wolves. It's really annoying that the details I remember aren't enough to track it down...

As for the first anime I actually remember the name of - Shaman King. Still awesome.

Well, if we discount the staples of near enough everyone's childhood animes which include CardCaptors, Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Beyblades etc. The first ever anime series I actually sat down and watched properly would be Wolf's Rain. Kinda dark, but I liked it. 

However, before that I watched Spirited Away, followed by Howl's Moving Castle :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)