Anime & Manga Your first EVER anime! ^^

totoro.jpg

First anime, best anime: Doraemon

I grown out of it as I got more exposure to more serious ones but Doraemon will always have a place in my heart~

I think the very first I saw was My Neighbor Totoro when I was really really young, like 4. We rented it at a store, and I remember really enjoying it but my family thought it was pretty weird so we never got it again.

I think the very first I saw was My Neighbor Totoro when I was really really young, like 4. We rented it at a store, and I remember really enjoying it but my family thought it was pretty weird so we never got it again.

Isn't that, along with Spirited Away, some of the most iconic anime movies you'll ever find? Oh, don't forget to add that Wolf Children movie, Grave of the Fireflies, 5 centimeters per second and Hotarubi no Mori e. Despite knowing these, I hate to admit that I've watched none of them.

Oh man... First Anime Show? Dragon Ball Z, and then I never watched anime again till like 2011, cause I was like 6 when I watched DBZ. Probably SAO or High School DxD. 

Never seen any Anime Movies so

Isn't that, along with Spirited Away, some of the most iconic anime movies you'll ever find? Oh, don't forget to add that Wolf Children movie, Grave of the Fireflies, 5 centimeters per second and Hotarubi no Mori e. Despite knowing these, I hate to admit that I've watched none of them.

Yeah it, Spirited Away, and Grave of the Fireflies are all Miyazaki. 5 centimeters, and Hotarubi no Mori don't really seem that iconic to me. Both very beautiful movies but not exactly the first thing I would think of when it comes to anime. Akira is the big one that comes to mind when I think of anime movies. Or any of Satoshi Kon's work. Plus anything Ghibli of course as they are basically the anime disney. 

i'll admit, i'd always been an anime nazi. my friends basically cuffed me to a couch and forced me to sit through that one episode of ouran high where there are monkeys and dressing in drag and drag monkeys.
i spent the whole time writhing in pain and complaining but then i went home and binge watched the first 20 episodes oops

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an obsession with Italy and England lol @The Omen of Death

Haha lol. Why? Is it that you have complete opposite taste buds? Heh, you know I would watch a Beautiful World and the even newer one, but I am so focused on watching Mirai Nikki, and Gintama and other anime I never finished but enjoyed so much.

Ika Musume (Squid Girl)

Great anime. It was also how I found another anime I like, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, because somehow Netflix thinks a cute anime about a half-squid half-human girl is the same as an insanely depressing anime but magical girls fighting witches to the death.

Haha lol. Why? Is it that you have complete opposite taste buds? Heh, you know I would watch a Beautiful World and the even newer one, but I am so focused on watching Mirai Nikki, and Gintama and other anime I never finished but enjoyed so much.

ItaLY IS KAWAII and England has the best eyebrows. Yeah, they're better than Sanji. Sorry, Sanji, I prefer curly. America's full of himself, and I'm kind of sad that Canada's so frequently ignored! Like, for god's sake, Canada...

I sat through all of it, but the episodes are relatively short, as you know. I watched Mirai Nikki, and I love Akise! As for Gintama, I've heard it's good, but I've never gotten around to actually watching it.

ItaLY IS KAWAII and England has the best eyebrows. Yeah, they're better than Sanji. Sorry, Sanji, I prefer curly. America's full of himself, and I'm kind of sad that Canada's so frequently ignored! Like, for god's sake, Canada...

I sat through all of it, but the episodes are relatively short, as you know. I watched Mirai Nikki, and I love Akise! As for Gintama, I've heard it's good, but I've never gotten around to actually watching it.

I can agree with those points, it's funny to laugh at your own countries stereotypes.

I will eventually get back to it, but for now I am too concerned about the other two. I think Akise is an interesting character, and I love how it really makes you question someone's motives since there is quite a lot of betrayal and using of others it is also great for both making me laugh and also get genuinely creeped out at the same time being a good mix of dark and light hearted stuff. And for Gintama, holy shit is it the funniest anime I have ever found. It is supposed to be a parody of the anime genre in general, and it breaks the 4th wall at times as well. And depending on how long you wish to hunker down for, the anime is around 300 something episodes long. It also is supposed to become more serious later on, even though there have been some more serious arcs thrown in the middle. (Mind you the fact that the arcs are usually short) I am currently on Ep. 41 I believe, but it's a whole lot of fun to watch. The first couple episodes are slow on humor but then it picks up and it becomes a shit ton of fun to watch. I would definitely suggest it.

Ah, my first ever anime was Blacklagoon and boy oh boy did I absolutely fucking love that.

The dub was amazing and dare I say, even better than the standard Japanese version. 

It was just great all around in every aspect. That and who doesn't love some classic gun violence to contest against the usual Magic and stuff of other action animes? 

I've seen a few animes, but never finished one. The first one I did watch most of the way through, although from what I understand is its still ongoing is Sword Art Online. I hated, and many ways still do dislike most animes, but Sword Art Online was the first one to grab my attention and warm me up slightly towards them. 

First ever Anime... it was probably either Speed Racer or Voltron when Toonami had Moltar as host. Of course Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, and Sailor Moon were also firsts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back