• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mr_DC

Been a while
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Epsilon.jpg

Epsilon

A unified planet under one ruler, steadily paving the way towards a brighter future. At least, that's what all the propaganda says and the loyalists viciously uphold.

A planet larger than Earth but largely uninhabited with dispersed settlements, Epsilon is still a relatively fresh colony in spite of being over a century old. With a seemingly endless stalemate with Earth, a local rebel threat, and cutthroat corporations fighting to take the biggest share of the Epsilon market, it is a miracle Epsilon is as stable as it is.

Still, some on Epsilon are content, enjoying the high technological progress, comfortable living, and surprisingly limitless personal liberties. Those who aren't content usually blame the non-existent political freedoms, the thuggish police force, and the shadowy ways in which the government operates to eliminate all opposition.

With the corporations reaching the limits of what they can take by law, with the war on Earth heating up, and a decade overdue for another uprising, Epsilon is pushing full steam ahead towards an uncertain future.

---

Hi there! I'm DC, a fairly experienced roleplayer and GM. I have years of roleplaying under my belt - group roleplays in the past and 1x1 in the last few years - and I have millions and millions of words in personal writing. Most of it being in the universe I'm pitching to you now. The world of Epsilon. To put simply, Epsilon is a lite cyberpunk setting where it isn't quite as dystopian but definitely heading down that road.
What I have planned for this is an exploration of the world. There are many different kinds of stories we could tell together but I will go over that below.

As a roleplayer, I focus heavily on GMing and writing up weaving, interesting plots. So expect me to already have whole storylines planned for something that probably won't even happen. My main goal will be to provide you with a reactive world where you have the ability to take your story in any direction. Of course, that also means allowing you to make very bad choices. But that's half the fun, isn't it?

But without further ado, here are a few kinds of stories we could tell together. I would also love to come up with some new ones with you.
  • Action - There is a war on Earth and a bunch of rebel factions on Epsilon. Not to mention gangs, mercenaries, and corporate wars. Epsilon is a powder keg.
  • Adventure - In spite of being over a century old, Epsilon is still a new planet that will take generations to fully colonize. There are so many things left to discover. Not to mention all the offworld exploration.
  • AU - It's almost a guilty pleasure for me. I enjoy thinking about different takes on this universe. Post-apocalyptic, fantasy, etc. We can give it a twist.
  • Cyberpunk - The state of Epsilon is pretty much the beginning of cyberpunk with cybernetics and gene mods getting rolled out. The point where there is still a glimmer of hope that it will turn solarpunk.
  • Dystopian - An autocracy, rebels, war, greedy megacorporations. It's pretty dystopian, ain't it?
  • Horror - Like I said with adventure, there are so many things left to discover. Some of them are scary. Some might be right behind you, ooooo.
  • Mystery - There are many stories of shapeshifters and mysterious creatures once wandering Epsilon, long before it was colonized. Some believe the stories. Do you?
  • Realistic/Romance/Slice of life - And why not just focus on the life in this world? Colonizer of new frontiers of the planet? Struggling miners? Office rivals? Maybe even just keepers of abandoned towns and projects. This path could have the most variety as there are many lives you could choose for yourself.
These are just quick examples. Just hints of what we could do on the world to spark your imagination. If you're interested, send me a message! Let's see what we can come up with together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back