• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
I was thinking of doing that actually. Been a comic strange fan since I was a kid, so I know all his spells lol. Yeah, I'm a nerd
That would be awesome! I used to know almost every spell he used, but I’m sure now I’ve forgotten most of them. Write up a character sheet and send me anything I need to know before hand!

Name: ryan richard
symbiote name: shiver

Description

ryan
1656032918779.png

part symbiote
1656091608082.png

fully covered
1656094322417.png

Biography:

born with a condition that makes him produce an extreme amount of adrenaline, this amount of adrenaline causes bamage to blood vessels , his body can create adrenaline tumours , as a kid his heart stopped multple time from overworking and his muscles are always in a state of pain making him unable to live a normal life or even a decent one.

multiple expiremental sugeries failed causing his body even more damage . his family started losing a large amount of money and they were unable to help with his illness for multiple years untill they were approached by a "medical" company who promisedthat thier experimental substance can help ryan and solve his genetic disorder , the surgery was cheap , his parent saw the substance which the company told them was a substance that is alive in the same way yeast is alive eating the adrenaline.

ryan's parents who were desperate at this point decided to go for it .

ryan was injected with the symbiote , the company promised that ryan will be out in a couple of months , but the company then vanished . taking ryan and multiple other kids who had the same treatements with them into an underground labratory abdocting them and taking them away from their parents who were told that the expirament failed and the subject all died , due to signing a contract witht the comany they couldnt sue the company.

ryan was put to sleep with some medicine in what he thought was a hospital and woke up in what looked like a lab, were he and the rest of the kids and even some adults were expiramented on and altered in different ways , trained, more symbiotes , more people all trained to fight , take over the world .

in this time ryan started to hear a voice in his head , he thought he was crazy untill the voice explained what it was , a symbiote by the name of shiver, ryan became close with shiver , they became friends , ryan shared stories with shiver , how life looks outside the labs , and shiver told him about himself , born in the labs , expiramented on by the scientists , when he was given to ryan he felt like ryan was the first person who was helped by him instead of him slowly killing him , he noticed that ryan's adrenaline levels were normal even after he bonded with him .

shiver and ryan shared a love of life , the hate for killing , they were both forced to be here , forced to fight , but what can they , whenever someone tired to do anything against the gaurds' will , the person would be hit with a barrage of loud noises , ryan has felt that pain before , the pain in his ears , his skin feeling like its beaing torn off , shiver's feeling was more painfull , like every fiber of his being was being torn.

sthe duo only grew closer and stronger with every passing day, but they grew to be hopeless and number as time passed, the abuse and violance , the torture , that loud noise that became more and more used , that feeling of rage , it fed his anger , his need to take down everyone who had links to taking him away from hi family , stealing his life from him from the age of 10.

year six , the year were it happened a riot broke out , a large one too , the biggest one in six years , the biggest massacre ryan has seen , but not the biggest he'll see , ryan snapped , shiver became his own version of the symbiote costume and the duo went on a rampage . the small number of survivors finally escaped the underground lab leaving the giant tunnel , arriving to the surface . they all go their own ways .

shiver dissapears into ryan's body , they look at the city far far away , shiver is amazed , ryan tears up a little , its been so long . in his mind he can hear shiver screaming to himelf " LIGHT! SO MUCH LIGHT! COLORFULL LIGHT! " , ryan starts his walk over to the city his goal in his mind is known , to take down the company known as " life foundation" , ryan slowly collapses but shiver takes over and starts walking towards the city himself still admiring the beauty of the nature , and the city , and everything he never saw.

Abilities:
the normall abilities of a symbiote
the ability to use the black bits on his body to create weapons and to harden his hits

Superhero or team affiliations

none

Personality:

ryan:
peacefull but will use violance when needed , terrified of most people after years of not interracting with people who hurt him and tortured him .
understanding person but often confused cause of his lack of social interractions , chill person , quiet almost to the point where he's silent at somepoints . asexual. friendly but still ongaurd with most people. emotional but reserved to some degree cause he really doesnt wanna annoy most people , dork. animal lover

shiver:
loud and childlike, this perfectly matches hims sharp and high pitched voice , amused by most things to the point where colorfull things can push him into a state of pure bliss , wait untill he sees fireworks. asks a lot of questons which ryan then has to asks to other people since he himself doesnt have the answer for most things. goofball who breaks a lot of stuff cause of his none stop movement after being contained in a small space for so long. animal lover cause he finds other living things so interesting.

important things:
btw would love for these two to incounter a cat at somepoint so they can become a perfect trio.
ryan is not ready to meet his parents yet cause he doesnt know how thier reaction would be
he still wants to find them
shiver really wants to meet ryan's parents
ryan isnt in his city , he was born in california but this is a completely other part of the state
he also still has his goal of finding who did this to him , he's thankfull for shiver , but he's definetly mad about the six years.​

Last edited:
character made , hope you like it
Looks great! I do have a couple of questions for clarification. Firstly, how did Ryan and Shiver hear about the Young Avengers/get to the point of joining? They could have been in the database that Pepper looked at to find some of the other new recruits, or he could have reached out to them, or if you have an explanation or idea already I’d appreciate knowing so that we can work out if your character needs any special circumstances to joining. Secondly, are they or do they already consider themselves a superhero? Is the superhero identity something they are wanting to develop with the team, or is it established already? And lastly, just for my curiosity, I know you said that Shiver’s abilities worked like a symbiote but are we doing more like the movies or like the comics, the biggest difference being can the symbiote separate into multiple pieces or leave semi-sentient parts of itself behind or is it simply one mass?

I really like the creativity in the backstory, it makes so much sense but is a little different from other symbiote stories and I love it! Did you create a story about what happened to the other survivors or are they not very important?

Looks great! I do have a couple of questions for clarification. Firstly, how did Ryan and Shiver hear about the Young Avengers/get to the point of joining? They could have been in the database that Pepper looked at to find some of the other new recruits, or he could have reached out to them, or if you have an explanation or idea already I’d appreciate knowing so that we can work out if your character needs any special circumstances to joining. Secondly, are they or do they already consider themselves a superhero? Is the superhero identity something they are wanting to develop with the team, or is it established already? And lastly, just for my curiosity, I know you said that Shiver’s abilities worked like a symbiote but are we doing more like the movies or like the comics, the biggest difference being can the symbiote separate into multiple pieces or leave semi-sentient parts of itself behind or is it simply one mass?

I really like the creativity in the backstory, it makes so much sense but is a little different from other symbiote stories and I love it! Did you create a story about what happened to the other survivors or are they not very important?
THANK YOUUUUUU
also
great questions .
1/ it would make more sense if the young avengers find ryan , spottings of a creature like shiver , a purple long man thats been dashing around the country in places full of camara's , i would imagine the group would want to find him , thinking hes possibly a mutant or another one of venoms children , either to take him out , or make him join them . and why he would join , is cause they probably need a way to find the foundtion , to stop them from finding more symbiotes and creating more soldiers.

2/they consider themselves a person with a goal , they dont wanna harm anyone and both of them think the idea of being a hero would help both of them , to achieve their goal , and to put their powers to good use .

3/i think the symbiote works better in one piece , more of the same symbiote sounds over powered and confusing.
4/ the other symbiotes dont seem evil cause i thought og them as a small number of people maybe 4 or 5 being mostly children , we can put in one of them being evil , maybe someone who's also trying to take down the foundation but doing it in a wrong way , like killing for info , using their powers for bad , or even one of them just turning evil , i mean hey , theyre practically unkillable.

Last edited:
btw does my character start in the team or does he have to find them or they find him. can he have his own stoyry untill he meets them or does the story start with him instantly in the group?

part symbiote
1656091608082.png
i love him omg

Generation: Writers Block Generation: Writers Block So what's the status of Doctor Strange because I said in my character's backstory that he went missing, so it can leave the prospect of him either alive or dead.

THANK YOUUUUUU
also
great questions .
1/ it would make more sense if the young avengers find ryan , spottings of a creature like shiver , a purple long man thats been dashing around the country in places full of camara's , i would imagine the group would want to find him , thinking hes possibly a mutant or another one of venoms children , either to take him out , or make him join them . and why he would join , is cause they probably need a way to find the foundtion , to stop them from finding more symbiotes and creating more soldiers.

2/they consider themselves a person with a goal , they dont wanna harm anyone and both of them think the idea of being a hero would help both of them , to achieve their goal , and to put their powers to good use .

3/i think the symbiote works better in one piece , more of the same symbiote sounds over powered and confusing.
4/ the other symbiotes dont seem evil cause i thought og them as a small number of people maybe 4 or 5 being mostly children , we can put in one of them being evil , maybe someone who's also trying to take down the foundation but doing it in a wrong way , like killing for info , using their powers for bad , or even one of them just turning evil , i mean hey , theyre practically unkillable.
Okay sounds good, it does makes sense that they’d want to find him and investigate. It might take a scene to get to that place, would you be okay with that? We could say reports of the creature have been scene in the area and Pepper could have them investigate as an easy first mission together. Which would lead to the conversation with Ryan and Shiver, if any of that sounds good to you.

2-4/ gotcha, makes sense to me. Thank you indulging my nerdy curiosity!

btw does my character start in the team or does he have to find them or they find him. can he have his own stoyry untill he meets them or does the story start with him instantly in the group?
Oh, if you are wanting him to already be part of the team, with the meeting having already taken place that is good too! Whatever you would rather do here.

Okay sounds good, it does makes sense that they’d want to find him and investigate. It might take a scene to get to that place, would you be okay with that? We could say reports of the creature have been scene in the area and Pepper could have them investigate as an easy first mission together. Which would lead to the conversation with Ryan and Shiver, if any of that sounds good to you.

2-4/ gotcha, makes sense to me. Thank you indulging my nerdy curiosity!
would love to be the first mission for the team

Generation: Writers Block Generation: Writers Block So what's the status of Doctor Strange because I said in my character's backstory that he went missing, so it can leave the prospect of him either alive or dead.
Um, I'm not sure, when another player had previously wanted to play a daughter of doctor strange, we had said he was alive, but that is not a necessary state and we can change it if that works with your story better. At this time, I don’t have any plans to bring him into the plot but if we want to make him alive/leave it unsaid so that we can use him later that works for me.

Oh, if you are wanting him to already be part of the team, with the meeting having already taken place that is good too! Whatever you would rather do here.
i would love for the team to have a mission to find ryan cause it makes more sense
reports of strange creature seen in "insert place here" ... and then insert a dude screaming " those damn mutants putting chemicals in the water that turn the frogs gay" type character in the local news , j jonah jameson style , i imagine the young avengers finding him and then it turns out hes this 16 year old kid.

Did I miss your character sheet, I haven’t seen one, or did you just mean when you were writing it? Just wanting to make sure I haven’t missed any important information.
Im doing it right now, i haven't sent it yet. Just making sure so I could type out his backstory

Sebastian Strange
    name
    Sebastian Strange
    nickname
    Bastian, Seb, Strange
    sexuality
    Pansexual, Homoromantic
    position
    Disciple of the Ancient One
    years working
    appearance.

Sebastian is an imposing 6 feet 3 tall, with deep green eyes and dark brown short-cropped hair and styled in a short messy manner that he sometimes doesn't typically care for due to its dishevelment. He has a mesomorphic body type that he maintains most of the time. The fact that he has an olive, somewhat tanned skin tone shows how much he takes care of his toned body. He also has several tattoos which acts as magical sigils and protection against supernatural attacks on his body.
    personality.

Sebastian is eccentric. He spends so much time in other dimensions and associating with magical beings that elements of normal human life escape or perplex him. He has trouble managing his finances or noticing when his clothes are out of place. He loves just getting a chance to stop and eat a hotdog, or Astral Project into a Mets game.

That said, while he may look unapproachable, dismissive, or have a rough demeanor, he is a very pleasant, empathetic, and compassionate man on the inside, and one who observes his actions carefully will notice. While he won't show it, he has a great fondness for meeting new people and learning their customs, observing their own odd quirks. As a result, he is often unflappable in the face of weirdness. Sebastian's adaptability and ingenuity are also noteworthy. He has defeated vastly superior foes by means of his resolve and resourcefulness on many occasions.
code by @Nano

Last edited:
pansexual homoromantic ? so the character is sexually into everyone but romantically into men only ,neet

pansexual homoromantic ? so the character is sexually into everyone but romantically into men only ,neet
correct, it was a random thing my friend mentioned, so i used it lol

Also Egocentric, Ecocentric and Exocentric Arts are all canon to Marvel Lore. Got it from a comic, in which Marvel explained Magic and all sorts of mystic stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back