• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Generation: Writers Block

Gleeking elf-skinned death-token
The Avengers are not gone, but after everything that has happened in the last few years they are fewer in numbers and face more controversy than ever before. With their mortality suddenly so obvious, Tony Stark’s idea to form what he jokingly called the ‘Young Avengers Initiative’ has become a reasonable reality. While not as extensive as Tony originally planned, and not actually including his daughter or the original Peter Parker, the smaller and closer-knit group has grown and learned in ways that the Avengers feel that they didn’t. The past six months have been interesting, but the group has learned to be a cohesive unit and work together to utilize strengths and cover weaknesses. This is not, by any means, to say that they are perfect, but the team as lead by Kate Bishop and Ben Reilly are truly becoming the Young Avengers.

Current plot:
All of the team knows that Kate Bishop has a bad habit of dating around, but know that it’s none of their business. This becomes incredibly untrue, however, when she is tricked by a mind reader aiming to discover their identities, strategies, and weaknesses so that he can take them down. How are you supposed to defeat someone who can read your every move?

Current Roster:
Scarlet Spider
Hawkeye
Wiccan
Feral
Lucian Harkness
Wolverine
Moonknight
Iron Lad

The ‘other’ link at the top is the recutement page if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Kate clapped her hands together to gain everyone’s attention. The sound reverberated around the open training area. While it may not have been located on Avengers property, Kate had tossed her hair and huffed they didn’t need to be watched and babysat, the team and the Avengers had gotten her to accept their ‘handouts’ and it was outfitted with some of the best training and gym equipment is the country.
When they had all turned to look at her she put her hands on her hips and looked them all over. “I think we’ve all put in plenty of effort for today, good work everybody. If Ben doesn’t have anything to add or any notes then I say we get out of here.” She started toward the doorway to the showers and locker rooms but turned and gave Ben a raised eyebrow, “you don’t have any notes right? It’s 5:30 on a Friday night and I’ve got places to be.”

Ben though for a moment about anything he needed to say and shook his head, "Not really Kate you covered it pretty well. All I would suggest is keep practicing working together." Ben then turned to Kate and was curious on what person she would be dating this time around, he preferred to be single since well he was actually a clone of Peter Parker and was created by a very bad guy. He didn't really have much going on this Friday night so he was p robably going to go back to his apartment and work on a science project for fun. Or he had these cool legos that he could always build since he got the Avenger set. Ben was a pretty big dork compared to Kate/

"See ya Kate,:" Ben waved goodbye, "remember to be safe and make sure the person your dating respects your boundaries and if they are being aggressive then you can always call me or someone on the team or just knock him out." Ben was not a fan of Kate's dating habits because she always managed to date someone who was either a secret sueprvillian or someone that took her away from training which made Ben frustrated. Of course being smarter than most people did not help Ben's people skills and rendered him a nerd to most people. Ben walked to the showers and began to peel off his clothes and took a nice hot shower.

1649473805966.png
Clair O'Reilly (Cu Chulainn)
Ben was a nerd, a bit of a geek, a super dweeb! For that reason his mention of Kate and her tendency to date around almost made Clair burst out laughing the second he brought it up. He likely meant no harm but to jump straight to assuming it was another date was an intentional roast and a half if Clair had ever seen one. And to top it off he just left right after! Wiping a tear from her eye Clair moved toward Kate, spinning her pistol into it's holster as she did so "Ahaha... you just got roasted by Ben! Ben! Ahahahaha! That was gold! Pure gold!". Moving a hand to Kate's shoulder Clair offered her a soft smile "Remember... always use protection yeh". Bursting out into another fit of laughter Clair brushed past the team leader and made her way towards the women's showers, her laughter echoing through the hall.

Once she had finished showering Clair went about dressing herself before moving to the elevator and back up to the common space. Flopping down on the Sofa Clair began to fiddle with her training pistol, wiping it down and cleaning its barrel as she lazily watched the news with half her attention. "Hey, Friday... Could you place an order for more training ammunition? I'll need roughly two hundred more rounds for tomorrow. Also, could you book a table at 'Little Italy' for seven O'clock please, use the name John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt and make sure it's got a window view."

As Clair finished speaking a voice would echo above her from a speaker "Miss Clair, the ammo order has been placed and Stark Industries will have them delivered to you tomorrow morning. I however must advise you to cut back on firing so many rounds, your total bill for this month alone is approximately 80 percent ammunition."

Groaning loudly Clair threw her pistol onto the table and turned into the sofa, kicking off her shoes "Well I wouldn't have to use so many rounds if Kate would relax on the damn training! I mean I get it, she wants us to be ready for whatever but it's not exactly the difficulty to hit those training dummies. Three hours is too much when you consider how childlike the training is! So don't get mad at me! Get mad at her!"

"Miss Clair, your complaints have been noted and the training ammunition has been transferred to her account. After recalculating you now have fifty percent of your available funds remaining for the month. Also, your reservation has been approved, I took the liberty of moving your bike from storage to the garage and it has been refuelled. This has also been wiped from your records before you ask. I hope you have a pleasant night."

Moving a pillow over her head Clair made a peace sigh toward the security camera situated in the corner "Thanks Friday. I will"

Generation: Writers Block Generation: Writers Block That Weird girl That Weird girl

“Clair? Hey Clair!” The pillow moved off of her head without her consent and was tossed to the floor. Billy was standing next to the couch and looking at her over his phone. “One, don’t do that you’ll suffocate and we don’t have a backyard to bury you in. Two, Kate wants to know if we want to go hang out with he. Well, she wants to know if I want to go hang out with her and said if I managed to somehow drag either you or Ben down there I get a reward for doing the impossible.” His smile widened into a lopsided smirk, “she’s gonna but me a drink if I get you but I get two if I bring Ben and I’m pretty sure those deals are stackable.”

He plopped down on the other end of the couch and flipped dramatically over the back, watching her with one eye.

“Or, since Friday just said you’ve got plans already, that’s cool too. I just thought I’d ask you first because there’s no way I’ll get Ben if there’s no one else coming. Plus there’ll be no one to distract him from the fact that I’m a minor.” He stuck his toungue out and then nudged her leg with his foot, “so you in? And if not do you want to hang out somewhere else because if I go home I get stuck doing leftovers with the littles. Who, I might add, I also have to watch tomorrow.”

It seemed like the rest of the conversation played out in his hyperactive imagination because Billy then walked partway down the stairs. “Hey Ben! Me and and Clair are gonna go out, do you want to come? Before you come mom me it’s not like a club, okay?” He turned back to Clair, “it’s not right?”

1649514574235.png
Clair O'Reilly (Cu Chulainn)Billy, of course, it had to be Billy. Turning on her side Clair moved to reach for the pillow he had just discarded, only half listening to what he had to say thereafter. That was until he invited himself and Ben in on her plans. Moving to a stand Clair Gripped the pillow tight in one hand and launched it at the boy as hard as she could "Oi! Captain psychedelic! At no point did I say you could tag along with me! Let alone Spider Snitch!". Rolling her fist into an open palm Clair began to crack her knuckles "How about you go and annoy Kate... You know before I tell her all about how it was you who detonated her putty arrow and messed up her quiver!"

Sitting back down Clair threw her feet onto the table and leaned back on the sofa, moving a finger to the bridge of her nose "Besides what makes you think Kate would buy you a drink anyway? She's nineteen! Do you really think Kate would brake the law for you like that? You might as well get Ben to buy you a drink at that rate! Honestly... Think before you agree to these things would ya!"

Shooting a sideglance at the boy Clair began to grin wickedly "But tell you what, you drop this and keep Ben off my back and you can help yourself to the bottle of whiskey under my bed when I'm gone." Pausing for a moment Clair turned her focus entirely to the boy with a stern look "But Billy... If any of my clothes... particularly my underwear... go missing. I will personally castrate you myself with a rusty spoon. Am I understood!"
Generation: Writers Block Generation: Writers Block That Weird girl That Weird girl

Actually concerned for his teammates Ben was eavesdropping on them is since he heard Billy. He knew Billy was wanting to drink and that was a hard no for him. Clair worried him because she seemed like she wanted to shoot someone every second or do something very stupid like getting herself killed. Ben knew that he was not very popular with them both but someone had to make sure they were safe. Ben thought maybe he should use his new prototype spider drone to keep an eye on the two but knew Clair would shoot it once she found it and ruin his prototype.

Ben was curious what Clair was going to do and he was going to follow her unless Billy could distract him. Caring about your teammates isn't a crime! He also heard about the whiskey in Clair's room and a sense of panic went through him, underage drinking? That was illegal! Ben then dug into his backpack and took out his spider drone to spy on Clair but he would need to be very careful. He walked to the garage and went over to Clair's bike and put his spider drone on the side.

It was so small he doubted Clair would notice unless she checks the side of her bike. Yes it was a breach of privacy but Clair needed to be watched so she did not hurt herself. He did not trust her to make good choices and expected her to go on a shootout or something. Ben then left the garage quietly and acted like he did nothing wrong and walked into the room where Billy and Clair were.

"Hey guys!" Ben greeted, "what fun plans do you guys have for Friday night? I am thinking of visiting the science museum and going through the chemistry exhibited, Billy wanna join me?"

Uasal Uasal Generation: Writers Block Generation: Writers Block

Billy threw his arms into the air and sighed loudly. “Oh my gosh you guys are so boring! Sorry Ben, but as fun as a chemistry exhibit sounds I’d rather eat rice with the kids. Maybe I should have gone with Kate. Who, by the way,” he narrowed his eyes and pouted at Clair, “would totally buy me a drink. She gets them for herself and usually whatever new friend she’s had the most fun dancing with. What do you guys think she does when she goes out? And,” he continued, wrinkling his nose is disgust, “you can totally keep your secret whisky stash and whatever you keep in drawers to yourself, thanks.” He looked pointedly at Ben when he used the words ‘whisky stash’ and flopped back onto the couch.

“I mean,” he whined in the direction of the ceiling, “what is the point of having friends if all they do is mom you and train with you?” He sits up again and meets their eyes. “When was the last time we went out? I guess I’m going to have to spend my night in a museum after all.” He went quiet for a minute before hopping back up and grabbing Ben’s wrist as he walked to the garage.

They made it to Ben’s bike before Billy turned around. “So, we do have to go out to eat because whatever place Clair is going to is somewhere she doesn’t want us to know she’s going. I heard Friday wipe the evidence, but was hoping she’d let us tag along the easy way. I’m dumb, Ben, not stupid.” He rolled his eyes but then brightened again. “To make it up to me, both for that and for losing me that drink, you can buy!”

1649521717267.png

When Ben arrived and began talking about visiting a museum for fun Clair immediately moved to make a grab for her gun, moving it to the side of her head before a loud click could be heard as she pulled the trigger of her empty gun. "Fuck me! Could you be any more of a nerd!". Tossing her gun aside her lazily Clair swung her feet from the table back to the Sofa and Lay down with her hands above her head, kicking the TV remote toward her hand. Flicking through the stations while Billy went on a tangent of his own. "Listen Billy, I don't want to know what Kate gets up to when she goes out with her guy friend of the week... Quite honestly I could die quite happily not knowing what her kinks are. So do me a favour and wish up a noose for me, I want out of this conversation asap."

When Billy made a point to highlight the fact she had whiskey stashed away Clair ignored him and focused instead on 'Family Fortunes'. Making just one comment on the situation "You can rat on me all you like but Ben would never go into my room without permission dweeb". When he later moved to loudly announce he would be going to a museum with ben instead of probing further into her own plans Clair laughed softly to herself. Turning up the tv as the two departed. Did they really think she was some sort of idiot? As if Billy was going to drop this, of all people. Regardless Clair thought little about the two tailing her later, in her opinion even if they did there wasn't much they'd be able to do. Regardless she wasn't going to make it easy on them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seven O'Clock soon came around and after a long and purposefully bendy route, Clair had finally arrived at her destination. Little Italy. A small restaurant in the Italian district of New York City, it was by far the crown jewel of the rundown area the group would now find themselves in. It was a five-star restaurant standing firm in what was a 3 star location, suspicious in and of itself. Pulling into a parking spot close to the door Clair turned her keys and put her bike in alert mode, noting the drone attached to it as she did so. For a smart guy Ben sure needed a few lessons in hiding his intentions, none the less Clair left the drone alone and made her way inside the building after politely nodding to two rather large guards.

Once inside Clair made her way to the reception desk and smiled at the guy manning it "I believe you have a window view table free?"

The receptionist was a thin yet muscular looking individual, well dressed in a suit and tie and quite clearly armed with a pistol on his belt "I'm sorry Ma'am but this restaurant only deals in booked appointments and that table is indeed booked by a Mr. John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. Could I perhaps take your name and book you in for another time?"

Clair laughed softly and leaned in on the countertop, "Buddy, you aren't going to believe this....my name is his name too!". Making a quick strike at the man's throat Clair watched as he fell to the floor behind the desk, once he was out of sight she moved behind the desk herself and disarmed him, taking his pistol for herself. With the man unconscious Clair moved further into the restaurant and out of her teammate's view.

"Hmmm you have a point," Ben thought about it and nodded, "we do have to follow Clair now because she clearly doesn't want us to know where she is going...we must tail her and I placed my spider drone on her bike so I have a location on her." Ben pulled up his phone and showed Billy Clair's location or at least where her bike was parked. "I actually made it last night and was planning to have them look over you guys." Ben then got on his bike motioning for Billy to get on too.

"We will save Clair from whatever bad thing she might get into," Ben announced and started the bike and drove out of the garage with Billy to the Italian district of New York and stopped near the restaurant where the tracking stopped. Ben got off his bike and walked towards the restaurant trying to act normal and cool but that was hard for to do and he stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Come on Billy," Ben called and looked behind him, "lets go get something to eat." Ben then bumped into a large guard and fell back on his butt. The guard glanced down at him and Ben smiled at him, "sorry about that...uh I need to watch where I am going." For a guy with spider sense he was clumsy but that did not matter as he got up and walked by Billy and walked with him to the restaurant.

"Yeah the science museum was soooo fun," Ben tried to make it seem like they were just getting dinner after in case Clair heard them, "did you like Marie Curie's exhibit? I thought it was interesting."

“Oh, uh, to be honest I was mostly paying attention to the stuff I could write down and use for science homework.” Billy then leaned close to add, “and don’t think that all of this distraction is going to make me forget that you were trying to spy on me, ‘cause we are totally having a conversation about that later.”

He crossed the room to a table that could at least see some of the large room and then leaned toward Ben to whisper “this place is so shady though, like, every booth is built so you can’t see who’s in it. How are we going to find Clair now?” Billy swapped sides of the table to see if that would be better, but the alcoves and tall booths made for little success. “You should go wander around like you’re looking for the bathroom and see if you see her. Only, be cool about it.” The team was well aware of Ben’s nature to stick out but Billy was sure that he would still be better for the job than himself, not to mention how badly he did not want to awkwardly wander around the restaurant if he could help it. “I can stay here and try to find out more about this place. I think I can probably access Friday’s stuff from here.” He bounced his knee, this place looked like a meet-up from a spy movie and not knowing what was going on was nerve-wracking.

“Maybe if that doesn’t work you can pretend to get really lost and look around the back.” He pulled out his phone, continuing to toss glances around the space, and opened it. “Why would Clair want to be here anyway. She doesn’t hero without us, usually, and I thought she gave up villainy a while ago?” He looked around again. “Maybe we should call Kate…”

Uasal Uasal That Weird girl That Weird girl

1649521717267.png

While her teammates haphazardly wandered into the restaurant and past the clearly unmanned desk, Clair was already busy at work. While her teammates took to the restaurant floor she was deep in the bowels of the kitchen, brushing past chef and waiter alike. The gun she had taken from the receptionist was well hidden beneath her shirt and while her white suit looked somewhat suspicious her confidence seemed to deter anyone from asking her why exactly she was in the kitchen. That was everyone bar the head chef, a battle-scarred mafioso with an eye patch. Slamming his butchering knife down hard into the wooden prep table the man glared at Clair from across the room "Eyy! What do you think you're doing in my kitchen! You get lost looking for a daycare or something kid!"

Clair continued to make her way through the kitchen as she was called out to by the chef, bumping purposefully into a pot of soup to make it fall. And fall it did, with a rather loud clatter, spilling soup out all over the tile floors behind Clair. Tilting her head Clair looked back at the pot and smacked herself on the head "Ah, dammit, you startled me and I went and spilled a pot of soup... tsk tsk tsk...".

Slamming his fist down on the table the chef pointed his finger toward Clair and began to shout clearly annoyed with the whole situation "Listen brat! You've no idea who you're messing with here! You think I'm messing around! I've to serve three of this city's dons tonight and you think you can come in here and mess up my kitchen while they're waiting! You'll be lucky if they don't break your legs!"

Looking around the room Clair quickly noticed the rest of the chefs team moving further and further away from the two, a smile slowly began to creep onto Clair's face as a result "Listen, sir, I'm really sorry! It was an accident. How about I apologise? You want me to get on my knees and beg?"
The chef had just about had enough of his time wasted, grabbing his knife the man got back to work after swearing a few times under his breath "You don't need to be apologising to me kid, you need to be apologising to them. I won't have my good name ruined because of your idiotic actions ya hear! Anthony! Take her to the boss and his 'friends' ".

One of the waiters took Clair by the arm and lead her into the restaurant and toward one of the larger more extravagant booths. Three large men sat there and upon noticing her arrival one became visibly shaken. The man in question was none other than the Don 'Big Tony', a mob boss whose crew specialised in the movement of arms and arms dealing. The other two Dons joining him at the table were 'Slim Jim', a mob boss who ran the drug scene, and 'Suprano', the mob boss who ran this district's casinos. The table was well guarded by five armed men, it was safe to say getting close would be impossible without a distraction. Clair however took a seat next to Big Tony and offered the group a smile "Well, well, well, Tony! You didn't tell me you were having friends over! What are we talking about hmm?"

Ben nodded and walked to the bathroom but he was really trying to scope out where Clair was so he took his time and acted like he was lost. He glanced around and tried to piece together where their friend was, he had his web shooters under his sleeves ready to fire at anyone since he did not trust anyone in this restaurant. These people seemed like the type that Ben would put in jail by the way everything looked. He did not like this and hoped Billy was ok since he was a minor and Ben would not like it if he got hurt.

Ben saw a waiter dragging Clair by the arm and saw that were going to an extravagant booth and it was guarded by big guys who looked like they would cause trouble for Ben and Billy if they tried to get close. Ben would have to either listen in because off his senses or he would have to cause a distraction. He quickly texted Kate about the situation and how it seemed Clair was involved with bad men. Ben then walked back to Billy to report his findings.

"So, Clair is being brought to some booth and I think we have to eavesdrop on her because there are guards guarding it," Ben explained quietly, "or we could always do a distraction and draw them out but she might notice us and therefore we have ruined it." Ben glanced towards the booth, "I texted Kate about it but might be a while before she is here."

Ben really hoped that Kate would come and help them figure out a plan since he was not the best at it. But Ben decided to get a little closer and move a table closer so he could use his spider sense to listen in. He motioned Billy to join him at the table and he called the waiter over.

"Are you ready to order sir?" He asked Ben and Billy.

"Yes," Ben glanced at the menu, "I would like the roasted duck please." Ben did not really care about eating he just wanted to listen in on Clair.

Billy sat across from Ben and leaned forward. “Oh, um” he looked at the waiter “me too. Whatever he got.” He put on a smile. He then waited until the waiter left and leaned forward again. “Yeah, it sounds like maybe we should wait this out, as tough as it is. I mean, sure Clair gets into a lot of trouble, but we’ve worked with her for a while now and she knows that we are her team. If she didn’t ask for our help then she might not need it. Or maybe this is something personal. Don’t get me wrong,” Billy continued, shaking his head, “us being here as backup is probably a good idea, seeing how hard she tried to hide this, but maybe we should have a little more faith in her.”

He turned around and tried to see Clair from where they were. “Has Kate not texted you back yet? That’s a little weird.” Realizing that there was no way to spot their teammate from this vantage point, he gave up and looked around the rest of the room. “It’s probably good that you looked around any way, bucause according to Friday, this place is just as sketch as the vibes feel.”

Billy leaned even closer and lowered his voice to a full whisper. “Apparently this place is a front for the mob. They’re also suspected to serve as a meeting spot for gang leaders and different dealers, like a neutral ground. Also, we might want to be careful because, since we aren’t part of a mob or gang, we kinda stick out like a sore thumb.” He studied the way most of the room’s attention was on the table where they had taken Clair and silently thanked the fact that everyone was so distracted that they weren’t caught.

Nearly everyone in the area was pretending not be trained on the table where Clair and the bosses were gathered, so the boys had some cover. However, it didn’t bode well for if a fight broke out. “Do you think we should make a plan for if things go south? Because we are pretty outnumbered here and I have no idea how these people would react if something started going down right now.”

1650247887924.png
When Clair sat down at the table a number of the guards in the room immediately pulled their guns on her but despite this Clair showed no sign of hesitation nor concern. In fact the girl proceeded to even further relax herself by leaning back into the large booth couch. Slim Jim and Suprano seemed completely confused about the situation and began conversing in Italian with the man Clair had taken a seat next to, Big Tony. After a short discussion, the two waved their hands in sync and the guards returned their guns to their holsters begrudgingly. An act Clair retired with a deceivingly sweet and innocent smile. Moving her hands behind her head Clair stared at the ceiling as she spoke to the three men "I assume Tony here has just filled you in on who exactly I am right? That saves at least a little time." Lifting herself back upright Clair moved her hands to the table "You three are starting to make serious waves. That's not good for business in the long term, nor is it good for me or the people of this city."

Slim Jim made a short attempt to cut Clair off but Clair simply ignored him and carried on "Me and Tony here get along quite nicely. We have a good relationship. He keeps his business contained, low key, civilian casualty free and as a result, I have yet to... well I haven't quite decided what I'll do should I need to but it's safe to say it won't be a pleasant death, ka peesh?". Slim Jim made another attempt to cut Clair off but he was quickly silenced when Clair began to shake her head in response "shhhh Jimmy, you braken your mother's heart... Didn't she teach you not to interrupt others when they're speaking? tsk tsk tsk".

Slim Jim did not take this insult lightly and slammed his fist down on the table, four guards reaching for their guns as he did "You snot-nosed brat! Who the hell do you think you are? I'll fucking kill!" Bang! Bang Bang Bang! Before Slim Jim could finish his sentence Clair had fired four rapid shots from under the table, killing each of the four guards with headshots without even looking or aiming her weapon. The four guards fell to the floor and immediately the remaining eight in the room sprang up from their tables and took aim at the white-haired woman. But Again Clair seemed unphased, in fact if anything her sweet and innocent smile had only grown in size. With her gun now pressed firmly to Slim Jims head Clair continued to speak her piece. "Kill? Kill what? Who? Me? Oh, Jimmy say it ain't so! I thought we were brothers Jimmy!". Turning to the guards Clairs smile quickly faded and her eyes grew dark and stern "Throw your weapons at my feet and go pout in the corner. Don't make me kill my brother from another mother here".

At first the guards were apprehensive but eventually, they fell in line and did as they were told. Following this Clair continued "Look, Jimmy, Suprano. I'm not here to make enemies! I'm here to make friends. You are both hard-working businessmen, I respect that! I really do. The blip has been hard on us all right! I get that. All I'm saying is cut the fucking bullshit and fall back into line. If either of you cross it again I will make your deaths so painfully you'll wish Thanos was still around. And just so we are absolutely clear. The line is what I say it is and when I ask for something gi better get it in a timely and orderly fashion. Did you get that? Not so though right? Good, I'm glad we could all see it my way."

Moving to a stand Clair stepped out of the booth and tipped her non-existent fedora before making for the exit in a calm and relaxed way, raising a hand to say goodbye as she walked "Have a good night and I do so hope you enjoy the meal. I'll be in touch.". Passing by Ben and Billy, Clair offered them a side glance that could kill "And as for you two. We're leaving!" Before leaving through the front door.

Ben couldn't believe it. The men he had been fighting were working with Clair all this time and it was right under his nose. Ben gulped at her side glance. Yeah Clair would probably kill them next. Ben left some money to pay for both of them and got up from his seat following Clair out of the restaurant hoping she wouldn't shoot them both because honestly Been did not want to swing to a hospital today. "You're working with Slim Jim and Suprano?" Ben blurted out shocked, "I am trying to put those knuckle heads in jail!" An Italian guard then stood in from of the three leaving and pointed a gun at them. "oh, sorry Clair I didn't mean to interrupt your mafia deal," Ben said as he disarmed the guard with his web and kicked him into a wall.

"Maybe I should put you in jail next," Ben commented and scoffed at Clair being a disappointed parent. He then walked to his bike and got on, "You know that those guys are the bad guys here...you think you can control them? Well I doubt it because you are not as tough as you want to come across and I know you have a good heart...what a waste."

Ben then decided Billy can take his bike as he then started to Web sling away from the area being pretty upset at Clair. He was not sure if he wanted to arrest her or not since she was his friend. Was Clair really a bad person? Ben did not want to give up on her but she was working with the mafia, maybe she was going to try to control them or something but he did not think that they would listen no matter how scary Clair was. There would always be a killing and a body dumping somewhere in New York.

Ben swung to his apartment located in Queens, he needed to relax himself and one way was to work on something like a science project for fun.

Kate Bishop arrived at the restaurant just after Ben left, and waved to Clair and Billy, trying to indicate that they should stay where they were standing. She crossed the space quickly, avoiding the people who were coming out of the restaurant after Clair, and had her ‘no-nonsense’ face on. Kate was hoping, since she didn’t see Ben around, that this wasn’t a false alarm. She had seen her friend’s message and made her way over, getting a little nervous when she didn’t hear anything else from him.

“What’s going on guys?” She asked the question quietly as she reached the two in case this was a sensitive situation. It was clear that she came straight from her evening out as her dress and shoes were not something one would wear as a super hero. “Ben said to meet you all here, but that’s all I know.” She looked around as she ushered them both around the building, “Where is he anyway? And why did you guys start a fight at a mob hangout without me? I assume this is a fight since there’s more people pushing and rushing out of those doors than comedians in a clown car.”

She started around the building again, hiding in the back and hoping to avoid the mobsters at least until she could get some information.

“I assume that this is mostly you, Clair, since I didn’t get an alert from Friday or the news about something going down. The boys may be adorably idiotic, but even they aren’t dumb or unlucky enough to choose to have dinner in this suspicious a place. So,” She looked expectantly at the white-haired girl as she pulled her bow from under her dress and readied for the unavoidable surge of enemies about to come around the building and attack them. “do you want to fill me in here? Or would you rather wait until after we finish off these thugs?” She punctuated the question by nothing an arrow and quirking an eyebrow expectantly.

1650415690506.png
As Ben slung himself away after giving an uninvited earful, Clair turned to Billy and shook her head "Did you really, and I mean really, need to bring that dork with you? I mean even Kate would have been..." As if on cue Kate had arrived on the scene and made her way across the street in a very elegant dress and heels. Raising her eyes to the sky Clair pinched her nose in annoyance and let out a loud sigh "you have got to be fucking kidding me Billy". With Ben already pissed off at her the last thing she needed tonight was Kate on her ass too, what was with this team? Hadn't anyone ever thought them to respect others' personal boundaries! With The mob seemingly growing more and more agitated inside the restaurant, Clair figured things were about to take an even further turn for the worse and followed behind Kate and Billy down the alley and around the corner.

Following Kate's lead Clair also repaired her pistol, reaching for her hidden leg holster beneath her skirt to produce the stolen item. Once she had it in her hand she began inspecting it, counting her remaining rounds and cocking the hammer before flicking the safety back off. Looking to Kate Clair let out a sigh and shook her head before quickly turning the corner and taking a knee, firing four more rapid shots down the alley and into the pursuing mob members "Fill you in? I'll fill you in! These two clowns went and followed me despite clear objections from myself! Stalkers! Not only that! These two chuckle buddies just waltzed into a mob den dressed like high school rejects! I have an image to maintain! I cannot have the mob associating me with such LOSERS Kate!"

Firing another four rounds down the alley Clair swung back into cover and tossed the gun aside after wiping it on her coat to remove her fingerprints "I had everything under control Kate. I had the Mob right where I wanted them. Slim Jim is in my pocket! It was only a matter of time before I got the other two under my wing! Now it's gone to shit! All because tweedle dumb and dumber here couldn't respect my boundaries! I could have been loaded... I mean I could have taken the whole thing down from the inside! Damn IT!"

Looking to Billy Clair shot him another dirty glare "If ben so much as gives me a word of a lecture when we get back to HQ I swear! Oh, I swear Billy I will destroy your stupid collectable doll and feed its broken parts to the pigeons!"

Billy huffed at Clair’s threat, shooting her a glare and trying not to argue back against her insults. He instead shifted, wishing he had something to prepare before the fight, if only to ease the nerves. He hadn’t meant to make this much trouble for Clair, he was just worried about what she could get up to. “It’s not my fault Ben went all ‘dad’ on you,” he grumbled, “he would have followed you anyway. Oh yeah, just so you know, apparently Ben just casually puts tracers on us, in case one of you wants to deal with that.” He shot Kate a look, as she was the team’s co-leader and the only one who could really have any sway over Ben. “But, in his defense, you did kill a lot of people. You said you weren’t going to be unnecessarily lethal anymore. You totally could have knocked those guys out.”

“I am sorry though,” he added after a moment. “I didn’t mean to wreck this for you, and I probably should have just talked to you. I just also didn’t want anything bad to happen to you. We’re supposed to be a team, which means working together.” Billy’s hands began to glow as he chanted a spell under his breath. He sent Clair another look before focusing on the mob people coming around the corner toward them, “you can, actually, trust us.”

Billy began to teleport members of the mob as they came around the corner and angrily approached the teens who had created trouble and threatened their leaders. It made the numbers more even, as the original fight was the majority of the restaurant and staff on the three heroes. However, he could only transport one or two at a time, so there were still plenty adversaries for the girls. They had managed to take out over half of the opposing group before he turned toward Clair. “This is your fight, and your plan we wrecked,” he called to her, “so I think it’s also your call. How do you want to end this?” Kate also looked to the other girl, recognizing her seniority in this situation.

1650562399479.png
Clair rolled her eyes to the sky at Billy's comments "Let's get one thing straight Billy, I promised not to use unnecessarily lethal force when working with you guys! This was not me working with you guys! And I only killed four guys in there! Four! I could have killed a lot more!". Peaking around the corner from cover Clair's eyes were drawn to a group hiding behind a dumpster and then to the five dead mobsters she had taken out before tossing her pistol aside. Things, in all honesty, could have been going a lot worse. When the mobsters began firing shots down the alley again Clair returned her head back around the corner and sighed "Well, killing any more of these nobodies will do little to any good. If I want to salvage this thing I'm going to have to do it another day. Might as well just head home."

Raising her watch Clair twisted at its rim "Friday, power up my motorcycle and send it home. I'm taking a portal". With that Clair moved to a stand and stretched her arms "well then Billy, get us out of here. I'm bored". Shooting a side glance at Kate Clair smirked "Oh and Kate, I do hope you enjoyed your most recent fling"
Generation: Writers Block Generation: Writers Block

When Clair, Kate, and Billy stepped through the portal back to their hideout, Kate having decided that her evening out was already ruined so she may as well end it, they were greeted by Friday’s automated voice alerting them of a message from Pepper. At the same time, all of their phones, as well as Ben’s at his house, pinged with the generic ‘new notification’ alert that discretely let them know that Friday had something for them.

“Auto-play upon reentry activated.” Friday told them “message is as follows,” There was a pause and then the speakers were filled with the voice of Pepper Potts, the team’s supervisor and leader of the Young Avengers program. “Hey guys, hope you are all staying out of trouble. I need you all to be here tomorrow, which is Wednesday, at 4:45 for a mandatory meeting. The team is gaining a new member, official status pending, and she is supposed to be at hq at 5. We are currently trying her as part of the team to see if she likes it and it’s a good fit for her needs, so this may be temporary or permanent, that’s still in the air. Lorelei, her dad, and I will be working that out, but I expect you all to be the mature superheroes I know you can be and help her out. She hasn’t had much training with others, which I know some of you can relate to, so be sensitive, I guess is what I’m trying to say. I will be there at 4:45 so we can talk about it and I can answer any questions you all have. If that’s a problem for anybody I need you to call me asap so we can work stuff out. I’ll se you all tomorrow, be safe out there!”

“End of message,” Friday’s voice took the speakers over again. “It is also nearly curfew for some of you and all the vehicles have been returned to the garage.” The system went quiet again.

“New member huh?” Kate started toward the garage, “Sounds like fun. We’d better all get out of here so Friday can lock up. But we still need to talk about tonight at some point. I’ll make sure to text Ben everything so he’s caught up, so no need to worry about that. I trust you all to find your way home, but if you need, I’m taking a cab.” They all could hear the lights clicking off throughout the base, an automated system triggered by the words ‘lock up’ that would finish turning off the lights and securing the building when they were all gone. “See you both tomorrow!” The archer called as she walked to the door. Billy also waved to Clair and teleported home.

Uasal Uasal That Weird girl That Weird girl Circe Circe

Ben had gotten the message about a new team member and he was a little curious on what she would be like. He hoped it wasn't like Clair and be involved with the Mafia. Yeah Ben was still upset about that and he would likely keep more of a eye on Clair because of that and probably annoy her but Ben was worried about her. He knew that he was an important part of the team even if the others thought he was a dork and maybe a overprotective parent.

Early in the morning Ben had exited his apartment through his window and began to web sling towards the Avengers HQ. He landed on a lamppost and dropped down from it as he walked towards the building. "Good morning Ben," Friday greeted and Ben smiled at the Ai and continued making his way inside to the training room to set up the bots.

He was not sure what the new girl could do so he just prepped the training area with everything anticipating destruction. He already had to do that for Clair so in was not an issue for him to set it up. The bots in the danger room were going to set to hard for Clair, Billy, himself, and Kate like always and for the new girl Ben set them to easy just in case she was a new super and had no idea how to use her powers.

"Hope she feels welcome on the team," Ben muttered to himself as he was typing away on a computer to set up the training session for everyone. The power then started cutting a little which made Ben suspicious and he got up from the computer and his spider sense was going off. He then opened a window and climbed out to see what was going on.

He got blasted by electricity as Electro was hovering in the air. "I will destroy the Young Avengers!" Electro shouted and tried to shock Ben again but Ben dodged and shot a web at his mouth. "I like it better when you are quiet," Ben quipped and fired a web at at his body so he could get to him and punched him.

Uasal Uasal Generation: Writers Block Generation: Writers Block Circe Circe

“Scarlet Spider? What’s going on?” Pepper had arrived at the hideout in time to see Electro attack the boy. She pulled out her phone and sent an emergency alert to the rest of the team, as well as the new recruits, filling them in on the location and nature of the emergency. Pepper was hoping that backup would arrive as she had never been much of a fighter, but was prepared for the event that she and Scarlet Spider were alone. She then looked around for some kind of weapon she could use to help Ben and grabbed the desk chair to throw at the offender.

Having bounced the object off of Electro’s back, his dodge kept the chair from hitting its original target, Pepper ran around the corner. “Be right back Ben!” Her speed meant she was back in the training room in a few moments. Pepper pulled down one of the locked shelves in the armory and grabbed a handgun from the rack, along with some ammunition. She’d never approve of kids or even teens handling them just because of how wrong things can go if you aren’t incredibly careful, but she was also always prepared for emergencies.

Carrying a weapon meant that Pepper’s return trip took a little longer, but she wasn’t too worried about Ben, who had long ago proven capable of handling himself. She was more for backup, but wanted to be ready to offer as much support as the young man required. Her suspicions were proved right as she came around the corner and saw the two grappling, Ben clearly holding the upper hand. “You doing okay, or should I take a turn?”

That Weird girl That Weird girl kevin kevin AxleFlaminV8 AxleFlaminV8 Shadow101 Shadow101

James sat down on a stool at a hole in the wall bar of a local pub. The bartender saw him in here every night for the past month or so she brought over a bottle of Jack Daniels and sat it next to him. "I have that look about me huh?" Logan asked "You look like your going to do something bad Jimmy" The bartender said. "I told ya I don't go looking for it" he said as he took a swig. As he did the girls boy friend and a couple of guys walked into the bar. The guy walked up to her and grabbed her by the wrist. "Where the hell were you last night huh"? the boyfriend asked

"So your the wife beater, Takes a big man to put his hands on a woman" Logan said as he stood up. As he did they pointed their guns at him. "I know how these things play out" James said as his claws slowly came out. They unloaded into him they didn't even come close to perching his adamantium skeleton. He started to let out some grunting sounds as the bullets fell out and hit the ground. James walked up to the guy and placed his claw against his throat. "You get the hell out , I swear if you even look in her direction remember my face." Logan said as he ordered the guys out.

He reached in his pocket and went into his wallet. He took out 500 and gave it to her "Get lost you deserve better then town" Her lips are getting close to his. "We can't people that I care about always die. Go" Logan said as he took the bottle of Jack Daniels and headed home.

Logan woke up his shirt still bloody from the night before. He hated being as notorious as he was there was always someone trying to prove that they could take down The Wolverine. After he showered and changed his clothes his phone started to buzz. "What did the olé' Q ball (Professor X)sign me up for this time?" Logan said

Lucian kneaded some dough for a loaf of bread he was going to bake. After kneading the dough, he placed it in a greased loaf pan. He popped it into the oven and turned it on. Bake at 375° until golden brown.

While his bread baked he cleaned up his kitchen and washed his hands. He tidied up his house by sweeping, taking out the trash, cleaning the bathroom, etc. After he cleaned, he walked over to his little personal library and chose a book about ancient runes.

As his bread baked, Lucian read a few different books. After about 2 hours of him reading while his bread baked, his loaf was done and he took it out of the oven. He placed it on a cooling rack and left the kitchen.

He was exhausted from his daily chores and by now it was afternoon. He went to go lay down to take a nap and right when he was about to drift into a heavy sleep, his phone started vibrating.

He sat up and checked his phone. It was a message for help.

“Hmm, what is going on??”, Lucian said.

Lucian opened the message to see who had sent it.

The sender's contact read, “Pepper”

Lucian turned his head in confusion.

“Who in the hell is Pepper? Why is she in trouble? And why does she need MY help?!?!”, Lucian questioned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back