Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it annoying when people say they're semi-literate or literate when they're not.
Tbf, those terms are pretty confusing. I mean, literate is most commonly used to describe someone with the ability to read and write (at least outside the rp community).

So it's pretty reasonable for people new to the community to be a bit confused to how it's used here.

Tbf, those terms are pretty confusing. I mean, literate is most commonly used to describe someone with the ability to read and write (at least outside the rp community).

So it's pretty reasonable for people new to the community to be a bit confused to how it's used here.
True, but I do try and explain it to them if they're confused.

I find it annoying when people say they're semi-literate or literate when they're not. Know your own limits; if you only enjoy writing two or three sentences, don't try and join a rp where each post is six plus paragraphs.
I haaaaate this. I generally ask for about five sentences minimum. I feel like that’s totally doable and really not a lot.
Apparently that’s not the case, and like... I try to remind people, “Hey, you read my thread, you know I have a post length requirement (a pretty darn small one imo), can you make sure you’re sticking to it?”
“Sure!” *continues to send two sentence replies that don’t acknowledge what I said in my last response and gives me zero to work with*

Yeah, no, I think we’re done here.

I haaaaate this. I generally ask for about five sentences minimum. I feel like that’s totally doable and really not a lot.
Apparently that’s not the case, and like... I try to remind people, “Hey, you read my thread, you know I have a post length requirement (a pretty darn small one imo), can you make sure you’re sticking to it?”
“Sure!” *continues to send two sentence replies that don’t acknowledge what I said in my last response and gives me zero to work with*

Yeah, no, I think we’re done here.
That's exactly why I drop roleplays entirely! Even I have a lapse and an occasional short post, but that's only when I can't think of anything. And even then I say so afterwards

I’ve also had issues recently with partners giving nothing to the Rp, like not contributing at all.
I do not like directing all the conversations and being the only one to come up with things the characters are doing or what they’re talking about, or pretty much anything else.

I don’t mind an occasional lapse on how things should proceed, it’s when the WHOLE Rp is turning out like this. I wouldn’t call myself the most creative person out there, but to come up with nothing and just have me handle everything? Boooooring. If I wanted to write alone, I would’ve just written a fanfic.

I’ve also had issues recently with partners giving nothing to the Rp, like not contributing at all.
I do not like directing all the conversations and being the only one to come up with things the characters are doing or what they’re talking about, or pretty much anything else.

I don’t mind an occasional lapse on how things should proceed, it’s when the WHOLE Rp is turning out like this. I wouldn’t call myself the most creative person out there, but to come up with nothing and just have me handle everything? Boooooring. If I wanted to write alone, I would’ve just written a fanfic.
Approaches a struggling character and resolves their issue instantly.

Yeah that's where I always lose interest in an rp. When you have that one guy who refuses to allow a conflict
I hate this especially in group role plays. Why do we all have to be friends IC? Or even if we're friends, can't they have spats that last longer than one post?

I have encountered it in one x one though where they insist our characters must've been friends in school even when they're completely different and were involved in opposite things. Why does everyone have to know of everyone else, and not only know of them, but think they're awesome?

Yikes. That sucks man. I don't have it, but the group home I'm in is trying to prevent it by putting us in a "technical quarantine"

What's pissing me off today? Partners that play the victim when you explain a sudden absence. Especially over something you can't help. Here's an example i just had to deal with. Ok so I was doing an undertale rp with a new user, and the care provider started calling me and my housemates to the common area to discuss the coronavirus and what we're doing to prevent catching it. I came back to explain it to this user and his response was "i am leaving 😑" and before THAT, he got snippy and irritated when I asked him nicely to tone down an anger issue he gave to a Canon character that doesn't normally have anger issues!

If you're gonna be a bitch with every single solution to your problem i toss your damn way and then get angry when I have to deal with something important, fuck off!

Last edited:
Something that has always sort of bothered me and has bothered me a lot lately with roleplay--people who randomly message you or @ you on any platform where you just simply... exist? Like if you haven't posted a search for something yet, but they just see you online in an area and they message you out of the blue with 'wanna rp?'

Sorry, no, if I haven't posted an advertisement I 100% don't want unsolicited roleplays.

Something that has always sort of bothered me and has bothered me a lot lately with roleplay--people who randomly message you or @ you on any platform where you just simply... exist? Like if you haven't posted a search for something yet, but they just see you online in an area and they message you out of the blue with 'wanna rp?'

Sorry, no, if I haven't posted an advertisement I 100% don't want unsolicited roleplays.
This happens to me every time! I end up going through with it anyway because people rarely answer my actual search threads.

This happens to me every time! I end up going through with it anyway because people rarely answer my actual search threads.
I can't ever find the interest to go along with it because we're so rarely compatible as partners and are usually not looking for the same thing.

I was just lurking on the 1x1s, something I rarely do nowadays, and I always stop right when I see the following:
- You have to be active daily, post per day.

It grinds my gears. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I do not fancy whipping out a post at the drop of a hat. That and I have a full-time job and full-time classes (ayyyyyye coronavirus, we're online now) so I can't and will not always be active. Is it their preference? Yes. Do I have to RP with them? No, but I've been in a few RPs where the preference is just that. I was told once that me having a job and school is no excuse so (go do my job and classes for me then)... maybe my frustration stems from that.

Also these types of preferences make me feel like I have a homework assignment due at 11:59 every day. That's just dang stressful.

So this might just be a me thing and I am certainly not trying to start a fight.

however ghost policies in the current environment just seem selfish.

like we are facing a global crisis where people are stressed about health, finances, education, work stability, etc.

But all of that is secondary to making sure that you are always informed promptly if your partner might not be able to post precisely on time.

Like idk to me that is so self serving. As either you are oblivious to the fact that your partners might be scared and stressed out OR you are prioritizing your own stress/fear over theirs.

If you are one of those people that need to have some sense of accountability than why not implement posting windows? Ex. If you do not contact me for three days I will assume you are busy IRL and move on (or put the roleplay on hiatus).

So this might just be a me thing and I am certainly not trying to start a fight.

however ghost policies in the current environment just seem selfish.

like we are facing a global crisis where people are stressed about health, finances, education, work stability, etc.

But all of that is secondary to making sure that you are always informed promptly if your partner might not be able to post precisely on time.

Like idk to me that is so self serving. As either you are oblivious to the fact that your partners might be scared and stressed out OR you are prioritizing your own stress/fear over theirs.

If you are one of those people that need to have some sense of accountability than why not implement posting windows? Ex. If you do not contact me for three days I will assume you are busy IRL and move on (or put the roleplay on hiatus).

I agree, like especially right now people are stressed and life is hectic, this person might be worrying about not having a job currently and needing to pay rent. They really don't also need to worry about telling your ass they can't roleplay right now.

I agree, like especially right now people are stressed and life is hectic, this person might be worrying about not having a job currently and needing to pay rent. They really don't also need to worry about telling your ass they can't roleplay right now.

Covid-19 will leave far-reaching social, political, and economical impacts on the countries hit hardest by it. I have been saying since before the pandemic status that this is no longer about getting sick. It's no longer about the disease. All the right things are being done on the whole to prevent spread and buy time to come up with vaccines. It's always been about prevention and containment, but the real issues now go way beyond illness. They're talking about preventing another depression.

The one upside to this may be better preparedness in the future, but also westerns abandoning the, "It's just a little bug. Won't bother us much over here," approach to things like this. Maybe now they will always be ready so that they don't need to raid supermarkets and drug stores like crazy people.

Last edited:
Covid-19 will leave far-reaching social, political, and economical impacts on the countries hit hardest by it. I have been saying since before the pandemic status that this is no longer about getting sick. It's no longer about the disease. All the right things are being done on the whole to prevent spread and buy time to come up with vaccines. It's always been about prevention and containment, but the real issues now go way beyond illness. They're talking about preventing another depression.

The one upside to this may be better preparedness in the future, but also westerns abandoning the, "It's just a little bug. Won't bother us much over here," approach to things like this. Maybe now they will always be ready so that they don't need to raid supermarkets and drug stores like crazy people.

I don’t think so. The people who think this is just a bug aren’t gonna let a little thing like facts get in the way of their bitching.

I had folks at work assure me that it was all an over exaggeration and we need to calm down. They are all old folks and seemed to view it as on par with Y2K.

I don’t think so. The people who think this is just a bug aren’t gonna let a little thing like facts get in the way of their bitching.

I had folks at work assure me that it was all an over exaggeration and we need to calm down. They are all old folks and seemed to view it as on par with Y2K.
I mean it'll blow over but as M.J. Saulnier M.J. Saulnier said the financial consequences will be massive and might kickstart a recession. I doubt the actual loss of human life will be that great, definitely less than SARS, but COVID-19 should be taken very seriously due to how easily it transfers.

I mean it'll blow over but as M.J. Saulnier M.J. Saulnier said the financial consequences will be massive and might kickstart a recession. I doubt the actual loss of human life will be that great, definitely less than SARS, but COVID-19 should be taken very seriously due to how easily it transfers.

I mean they don’t think it’s a crisis at all. They think it’s mostly people interrupting their social schedule for a bunch of nothing.

Which is far bigger issue. Because the effects aren’t just going to go away Because we all haven’t dropped dead of the plague.

our work is going to reduced duties for god knows how long once we return to work. Which is gonna be fun for us non- essential staff members.

my job is 90% computer support and I don’t think we’re opening up our public computers even if we do go back to work. So that’s me doing the 10% of busy work for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back