• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ⊰ Grimfeast ⊱ candy kingdom but it's dark fantasy

OOC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sludge

-
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

9b9cc86bf588d1ae674c674c508bb694.jpg

Far beyond the edge of civilized realm lies a land where candy canes no longer sprout from the barren soil.

There, a colossal castle looms over lakes of sour milk. Its mighty biscuit pillars crumble under the weight of a forgotten city and the streets wind between massive bowls of pie crust, piled atop one another like layers of a monstrous wedding cake.

Among the decomposing buildings roams its restless populace, disease gnawing into their biscuit, madness rotting their souls. They smell of death.

You are a brave warrior of food folk. You have to put this land to rest.

Setting

Imagine a fairy tale where everything is made out of food. The clouds are candyfloss and the earth is biscuit. Happy food people live out their happy food lives. Except the fairy tale has gone bad.

c409d7287168e90cf3b12141a9409ed0.jpg
25ab627efea703d48c4ab01838f5aa44.jpg
f9154c25e4ce3a10c80e41542ef841c7.jpg
1835351a27c546258c454769e8fb872b.jpg

Gone are the days of old when magic was plentiful and the people were happy. Famine and corruption have taken hold, spreading across the land. The common folk is starving and falling to disease while their rulers are absorbed in petty squabbles and war.

And yet, this is but a mere appetizer to the true peril that looms ahead. The world is rotting. Fast. And no one knows how to stop it.

Plot

For reasons known only to themselves, several braves chose to journey towards the decay, following a trail of mold and worms. It has led each of them to the distant kingdom of Grimfeast. The corruption had come from here.

Their fates shall intertwine as they journey across this morbid land, fighting strange creatures and helping those who are yet to be altered by rot.

Their goal? The Gourmet Citadel - the capital of this kingdom and home to the sinister Insatiable King.

Interest check

Hi!

I'm looking for several people to exchange terrible food puns with join this rp. This setting is pretty weird so I want to see if there is any interest before compiling lore.

The vibe is something like children's picture book meets dark fantasy. Graphic violence and body horror is technically pg-13 when it happens to funny little people made out of food 🤔

I plan to mostly stick to controlling npcs and introducing locations but it helps if you are proactive. Make sure you can get your character in trouble even if I'm not around to do it.

You can introduce your own side characters, locations and spooky food abominations.

Characters
It'd be cool to see silly characters facing very real and moody problems. Think donut knight commander suffering ptsd after battle. Or peppermint peasant boy on the run after his family home was burned down by the villagers.

Genre
I'd like to focus more on characters and the journey rather than writing long blow by blow battles. Sure action will happen, but if possible lets try to resolve it quickly with fewer, more meaningful interactions.

Writing expectations
Multi-paragraph posts are expected but not enforced. Frequency will depend on the group.

Other
If you have questions or suggestions, ask! Will set up discord for OOC later.

Last edited:
What kind of magic is present in this kind of world? I imagine it's all candy/pastry/etc themed
Anyone can cast magic if they know the rite and have an ingredient of its corresponding flavor. Lets say sour embodies cunning, manipulation and deception. So a spell that creates a mirage image of yourself might require you to have a lemon seed on yourself which disappears in a puff of smoke after the spell is cast.

Stronger spells require rarer ingredients and the best ingredients come from living things. The greater the thing was, the greater the magic.

I'm gonna come up with abstract descriptions for each of the seven flavors but the effects are up to the players. For example, sweet is desire, indulgence and temptation. Idk how that translates to magic. Surprise me ^^

Last edited:
I've always preferred it this way and its feels like worldbuilding should be a lot of fun with a setting like this. I really wanna read about cutthroat politics of the dairy kingdom.
From my experience, this can get out of hand fast! Still a great idea though.

Right now I'm thinking of an ancient Cheese Automaton- so aged and fermented that it's not sure what who or what gathered the milk and rennet to build it in the first place, or for what purpose. Due to the nature of such a hard-fermented cheese, it is resistant to the rot that plagued the lands, for a peculiar sort of decay is used to make its Cheese itself. It has had many new purposes and directives over the course of long ages- but the Cheese Wheel of Time is ever turning, and memory fades.

As of late, it served as a champion of the Charcuterie Empire, and was sent into the Rotten Lands to stem the corruption that encroached upon its people.

Right now I'm thinking of an ancient Cheese Automaton- so aged and fermented that it's not sure what who or what gathered the milk and rennet to build it in the first place, or for what purpose. Due to the nature of such a hard-fermented cheese, it is resistant to the rot that plagued the lands, for a peculiar sort of decay is used to make its Cheese itself. It has had many new purposes and directives over the course of long ages- but the Cheese Wheel of Time is ever turning, and memory fades.

As of late, it served as a champion of the Charcuterie Empire, and was sent into the Rotten Lands to stem the corruption that encroached upon its people.
I think I'm in love. This is perfect.

There is a parmesan desert in the south home to melting mozzarella djinns.

I think I'm in love. This is perfect.

There is a parmesan desert in the south home to melting mozzarella djinns.
perhaps it is a bound mozzarella djinn, so old it has reached bone-like hardness and forgotten its true nature.... Or perhaps not, who can say? Certainly not the Automaton. The Charcuterie Sultans cannot find any record of its origins even in their ancient Palace Libraries...

When will we officially start?
Mmm, I'm gonna try to finish the lore thread tomorrow (basic geography, food folk, flavors etc.) and link it here plus cs applications. If not, then in the next few days depending on how detailed it ends up being.

After that I don't mind starting as soon as we have at least a couple of characters. New players can join whenever as long as we are below 6 players (-ish)

Last edited:
Mmm, I'm gonna try to finish the lore thread tomorrow (basic geography, food folk, flavors etc.) and link it here plus cs applications. If not, then in the next few days depending on how detailed it ends up being.

After that I don't mind starting as soon as we have at least a couple of character sheets.
I look forward to it.

I'm thinking of making an assassin contracted by his ruler to investigate the source of the rot since it's negatively affecting their kingdom.

Sludge Sludge this is incredibly interesting to me. I was thinking of either a thin Potato Chip martial artist, who is trying to prove his strength, or a Gummy person who has been cursed and transforms into a Weregummy Bear, looking for a cure.

I'm thinking of making an assassin contracted by his ruler to investigate the source of the rot since it's negatively affecting their kingdom.
Sweet!

Sludge Sludge this is incredibly interesting to me. I was thinking of either a thin Potato Chip martial artist, who is trying to prove his strength, or a Gummy person who has been cursed and transforms into a Weregummy Bear, looking for a cure.
Heh heh, both sound exciting. I can really imagine a haggard gummy scholar in constant paranoia and fear of "the beast"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back