Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
True I find demanding players to be annoying in general. It’s just now when people are all legit freaking out it seems especially selfish to be like

“yes that’s sad but it isn’t affecting me so I don’t care”

When most of the time the second it does effect them everything must stop immediately and cater to their needs.

It’s the same thing with regular tragedy. Like I told a partner once that my mom was having surgery and I would need to slow my posting to help take care of her.

immediate bitch fit because how dare I have a life and inconvenience them.

True I find demanding players to be annoying in general. It’s just now when people are all legit freaking out it seems especially selfish to be like

“yes that’s sad but it isn’t affecting me so I don’t care”

When most of the time the second it does effect them everything must stop immediately and cater to their needs.

It’s the same thing with regular tragedy. Like I told a partner once that my mom was having surgery and I would need to slow my posting to help take care of her.

immediate bitch fit because how dare I have a life and inconvenience them.
That'd be enough for me to drop them entirely, lol.
Or if they're asking hourly if I'm gonna post yet. Or any sort of attitude in general. Sometimes asking if someone is going to reply is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, especially depending on the post frequency of the RP... But I'd much rather be a co-creator than a tool you can use to fulfill your fantasy, and if you're so dependent on me posting that you blow up if I'm not... well, I'm gonna nope when I see that coming a mile away.

That and... derailers. People who insist on claiming the spotlight. I admit to doing it a few times, but I try to be sparse with it, and I make an attempt to be as little of an inconvenience to the other characters as possible. If you wanna tune in, cool. If not, then you're good to do your own thing. Please, though, don't try and hog all the attention for your OC. You're not the main character.

Yeah I mean I did drop that person like a hot potato.

And for me I don’t think I have come across derailers so much as people who are just obviously only into romance. To the extent that they don’t give a crap about any part of my CS other than “what’s their sexuality or who do you have a crush on?”

Like it just makes me so frustrated when it’s so clear the only reason the person is roleplaying is because they have a crush on a specific character and they just assume that’s the only reason anyone else roleplays too.

Like I am sorry my character is a three dimensional person whose entire existence doesn’t revolve around who they want to bang. Or who I want to bang vicariously through them.

And for me I don’t think I have come across derailers so much as people who are just obviously only into romance. To the extent that they don’t give a crap about any part of my CS other than “what’s their sexuality or who do you have a crush on?”

Like it just makes me so frustrated when it’s so clear the only reason the person is roleplaying is because they have a crush on a specific character and they just assume that’s the only reason anyone else roleplays too.

Like I am sorry my character is a three dimensional person whose entire existence doesn’t revolve around who they want to bang. Or who I want to bang vicariously through them.
Yea lol. 2 dimensional characters in general are blegh. Romance should never define a person, inside or outside RP. I've done my fair share of geeking out over my ships, but I always try to keep my character depth... deep.

I've also read fanfics that are straight up romance, and nothing else. No drama... No conflict... No main plotline to follow, mystery, suspense, or action. I found them incredibly dull. Romance needs to be broken up (pardon the pun) by other things to be interesting, imo. I do that in one of my current RPs. It builds a lot of interesting dynamics and tension.

Still though, some folks dig it. Far be it from me to tell them what to like! I agree though.

"Romance" is not a personality trait.

something that i've dealt with recently in 1x1s is partners who either try to commandeer plots to exclusively serve their own characters and interests or who don't have any interest in contributing to plotting at all. literally i'm like, "we could do a or b, what would you prefer" and they're like, "sounds great :)"

where's that happy medium of excitedly plotting together? :[

i agree with you, my friend.
i love when i spend time plotting and get excited about the shit we're about to put them through (tho i def also require a good romance in my stories), and when we get started, the other person's first post is all about how their character is noticing how ~attractive~ mine is. bish, focus on the scene. i know he's hot, but we have bigger fish to fry right now

i agree with you, my friend.
i love when i spend time plotting and get excited about the shit we're about to put them through (tho i def also require a good romance in my stories), and when we get started, the other person's first post is all about how their character is noticing how ~attractive~ mine is. bish, focus on the scene. i know he's hot, but we have bigger fish to fry right now

Yeah especially since if my character is instantly trying to push a relationship it's because they either have some kind of emotional problem that they need to work on OR they're straight up going to manipulate the other person for their own ends. Both of which are CHARACTER FLAWS, which I will write in a negative light.

Aw boy, I always lurk around on 1x1 checks just to see what interests me, and I always see "18+", yes I know that some themes may be dark, but some younger ones can handle a bit of dark stuff if they watched scary movies as a child, and why leave the young ones out of a rp that has their favorite fandom or such? :(

Aw boy, I always lurk around on 1x1 checks just to see what interests me, and I always see "18+", yes I know that some themes may be dark, but some younger ones can handle a bit of dark stuff if they watched scary movies as a child, and why leave the young ones out of a rp that has their favorite fandom or such? :(

I think a lot of times they mean things like abuse, assault, or just sexual themes in general.

I think its they aren’t comfortable potentially romanticizing those things for younger teens.

Because no one wants to get nicked by the po-po for "grooming" underage children by writing anything that could be vaguely romantic in nature in a one on one context.

I think it's because under 18s usually write in a happy-go-lucky tone and that can be really disjointing depending on the story. It's actually pretty disturbing if a character is being beaten up or is really upset and the other person just can't take it seriously.

I think it's because under 18s usually write in a happy-go-lucky tone and that can be really disjointing depending on the story. It's actually pretty disturbing if a character is being beaten up or is really upset and the other person just can't take it seriously.

I wouldn’t say it’s a happy go lucky tone so much as lack of experience with serious topics. You can tell if someone’s only experience with sexual abuse or even physical abuse is through popular culture or books and someone who has experienced in real life. They approach the topic very differently.

And to be honest this isn’t only relegated to young people. I have had full grown adults who seem genuinely surprised when I talk about people who are abused real life and how I view certain topics.

I wouldn’t say it’s a happy go lucky tone so much as lack of experience with serious topics. You can tell if someone’s only experience with sexual abuse or even physical abuse is through popular culture or books and someone who has experienced in real life. They approach the topic very differently.

And to be honest this isn’t only relegated to young people. I have had full grown adults who seem genuinely surprised when I talk about people who are abused real life and how I view certain topics.
True, but it was just what I've found with a lot of younger role players

True, but it was just what I've found with a lot of younger role players

Well from a moral standpoint gotta say it pleases me that you have not met children who have experienced abuse in any form.

I haven’t either if it comes to that so yay for both of us ;)

But as someone whose partners tend to skew older for unrelated reasons (My schedule matches up with fellow adults easier than kids) I gotta say that adults have an equal tendency to romanticize subjects they have not experienced real life.

I'd never roleplayed as a kid before I did so here on this site. I found it surprisingly fun. It was a nice break from the cynical serious and edgy characters i usually played. Having my kid character navigate the perils of a cursed world broke my heart a little. :(

This doesn't really make me angry, but it does annoy me a bit:

As an aspiring writer, I like to get feedback so I know how to improve. I sometimes ask for it but I almost never get it. Is it annoying and selfish to ask? Or is my writing just bad? Silence makes me anxious.
I fully enjoy the way you rp. I cannot give criticism because you’re always on point. I’ve tutored roleplayers before. You don’t need help :)

Why. Why do people do this. They answer to your search or vice versa, mutual excitement, plots are put together, research done, character Made. Then one post, or not even one, And pooooof. Seriously every 1x1 RP I tried to start this year ended this way. I Just dont understand - why all that effort if you wont even try.

Why. Why do people do this. They answer to your search or vice versa, mutual excitement, plots are put together, research done, character Made. Then one post, or not even one, And pooooof. Seriously every 1x1 RP I tried to start this year ended this way. I Just dont understand - why all that effort if you wont even try.
I won’t leave you 😘

Seriously if you’re looking for a fantasy/sci-fi partner I’m always happy to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back