Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's different. That's at least plot-based. People go too crazy with fandoms, to the point it's just used as a crutch for easy, fun gaming where you're not challenged at all on a techincal level by adhering to the established canon you set out to emulate.

So.. On another site, I just got ghosted. But it isn't even that which irks me.
It's the fact that they deleted the entire thread along with it .-.
I see them participating in a few other rps actively, and I don't know if I should ask them about what happened, especially because I think they may call me a stalker or something because I'm on another thread to find them?? Idk, I guess I'll just leave it alone..

Why ... why delete the thread? I'm so angry. XD

There's no excuse for this behaviour.

That's different. That's at least plot-based. People go too crazy with fandoms, to the point it's just used as a crutch for easy, fun gaming where you're not challenged at all on a techincal level by adhering to the established canon you set out to emulate.

I really don't see the problem with fun easy gaming supported by crutches. Rp is only there to serve the players desires, it doesn't have to reach a critical standard. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but I'm struggling to see why this is a problem if it's what players want to do?

I really don't see the problem with fun easy gaming supported by crutches. Rp is only there to serve the players desires, it doesn't have to reach a critical standard. Maybe it's not your cup of tea but I'm struggling to see why this is a problem if it's what players want to do?

Why is anything anyone bitches about, anywhere on this or any other RP board, a problem?

Inaccurate fandom = bad fandom. People don't realize how cringy it looks to other fans, and sure, they don't care. They shouldn't, I mean after all, none of this matters in the slightest, to anyone, for any reason. It's just a dumb, fun hobby, right?

What do you want from me, Crayons?

Why is anything anyone bitches about, anywhere on this or any other RP board, a problem?

Inaccurate fandom = bad fandom. People don't realize how cringy it looks to other fans, and sure, they don't care. They shouldn't, I mean after all, none of this matters in the slightest, to anyone, for any reason. It's just a dumb, fun hobby, right?

What do you want from me, Crayons?

I get your point, and I dont want you to think Crayons was coming at you. I see both their point and yours. Now I 100% agree with you, but what I vented about in the first place wasn't initially a problem and I saw it as people questioning me while I was giving my response.

At the end of the day, people will write whatever fandom they'd like: fun or serious // inaccurate or accurate. To you, it's important to keep it accurate while others may seem stressed to keep it strictly that way.

As you said, everyone's different. It wasn't mean as something to be fussed about.

Some people do follow behind opinion threads like a gypsy curse, arguing with any opinion they disagree with.

Last edited:
Some people to follow behind opinion threads like a gypsy curse, arguing with any opinion they disagree with.

What's an opinion if no one will disagree with you then? There havent been many arguments on my thread, and if there have they never end in bad blood. But if people just can't see either perspective, then there's no point in arguing with them. 🤷‍♀️

I have less of a problem with different sexualities and more of a problem with people re-writing personalities to fit their preferred ship.

Like when they take a villain and completely defang him because they want their female OC to date the hot face claim.

Not gonna lie it makes me rage when some idiot girl is like - “Oh yeah villain is in love with my female oc. She’s the only person who really gets him and can help him change his ways.”

And meanwhile I’m like “He tried to kill his own adopted son. A person he spent decades raising and had a genuine emotional connection to in the show itself. The fuck you talking about.”

I would much rather you say the character is like bisexual or whatever and at least keep his core characterization.

Woo! Okay, this is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. When someone expects a canon to do something completely outrageous that the canon would NEVER do. Example... I did a Supernatural roleplay once and I was playing Dean and the person I was roleplaying with wanted to get into some *ahem* very weird situations. And I was like... nooo Dean is NOT like this!!

Woo! Okay, this is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. When someone expects a canon to do something completely outrageous that the canon would NEVER do. Example... I did a Supernatural roleplay once and I was playing Dean and the person I was roleplaying with wanted to get into some *ahem* very weird situations. And I was like... nooo Dean is NOT like this!!
Yeah that's happening to me right now in a Stranger Things rp. I'm debating on leaving it but for some reason I cant ???

What's making me angry today? Partners that plan out an rp with me. We spend ages planning and planning it out getting it perfect, then right when the rp is set to begin, they go "sorry but I'm dropping out. Umm excuse me?! We spent days working on this rp and you suddenly want to drop it?! Fuck you then!

I have less of a problem with different sexualities and more of a problem with people re-writing personalities to fit their preferred ship.

Like when they take a villain and completely defang him because they want their female OC to date the hot face claim.

Not gonna lie it makes me rage when some idiot girl is like - “Oh yeah villain is in love with my female oc. She’s the only person who really gets him and can help him change his ways.”

And meanwhile I’m like “He tried to kill his own adopted son. A person he spent decades raising and had a genuine emotional connection to in the show itself. The fuck you talking about.”

I would much rather you say the character is like bisexual or whatever and at least keep his core characterization.
Holy Shit this is such a peeve of mine as well.

I hate it even more when people do it for my own OCs 😂

No, Thanos will not put aside his dreams of getting the infinity stones to snap half the population away because he is just, totally in love with your OC. Yeah, sure, he killed Gamora his adopted daughter to succeed. But sure, he just loves your OC that he has known for a week so much that he will give up on his near life long mission.

And then when they decide what my OCs fall in love with and what makes them swoon. Like no, don't just assume my character will instantly fall in love with yours. I already told you I don't write romance like that, I only like some real relationships in my RPs.

The one thing that fuels my anger more than anything is when my biggest peeve happens: they talk about how amazing their character is, how she is the center of everything. A lost Princess, a key to the treasure, something that is super important to the plot and makes everyone love them. The girls want to be their friends or are jealous or the males want to date them and marry them.

But this character only has their looks going for them and not anything else. My partner will drone on and on both in and out of character about how beautiful they are (but likely don't know it) and how every dude looks at them and wants to fuck them. But they are blender than unsalted potatoes.

Like, they are the most boring people I have ever seen in my life. Literally the only thing slightly interesting is their looks but... They look a lot less pretty when they don't have a personality.

The audience is attracted to personality first and foremost folks. Not how pretty they are.

Holy Shit this is such a peeve of mine as well.

I hate it even more when people do it for my own OCs 😂

No, Thanos will not put aside his dreams of getting the infinity stones to snap half the population away because he is just, totally in love with your OC. Yeah, sure, he killed Gamora his adopted daughter to succeed. But sure, he just loves your OC that he has known for a week so much that he will give up on his near life long mission.

And then when they decide what my OCs fall in love with and what makes them swoon. Like no, don't just assume my character will instantly fall in love with yours. I already told you I don't write romance like that, I only like some real relationships in my RPs.

The one thing that fuels my anger more than anything is when my biggest peeve happens: they talk about how amazing their character is, how she is the center of everything. A lost Princess, a key to the treasure, something that is super important to the plot and makes everyone love them. The girls want to be their friends or are jealous or the males want to date them and marry them.

But this character only has their looks going for them and not anything else. My partner will drone on and on both in and out of character about how beautiful they are (but likely don't know it) and how every dude looks at them and wants to fuck them. But they are blender than unsalted potatoes.

Like, they are the most boring people I have ever seen in my life. Literally the only thing slightly interesting is their looks but... They look a lot less pretty when they don't have a personality.

The audience is attracted to personality first and foremost folks. Not how pretty they are.
If I'm going to do "evil villain x" I usually have them initially use the other character for nefarious purposes, whether that be information or heirs or some other reason. Over a very long time they often become toxically possessive for a while before things even start to level themselves out. The other character usually changes to become more evil as well, rather than the villain becoming some soft prince.

People who ask for your help but actually don't want it and get mad when you make any suggestions to them or ask them questions. (Not anyone on here, lol)

Like... why do you need a co-admin if you're going to be dismissive or defensive about everything I say or ask? Just do it yourself if you can't handle communication like an adult.

People who ask for your help but actually don't want it and get mad when you make any suggestions to them or ask them questions. (Not anyone on here, lol)

Like... why do you need a co-admin if you're going to be dismissive or defensive about everything I say or ask? Just do it yourself if you can't handle communication like an adult.
This. Right here. Happens to me all the damn time

I find it annoying when people say they're semi-literate or literate when they're not. Know your own limits; if you only enjoy writing two or three sentences, don't try and join a rp where each post is six plus paragraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back