Experiences Whats making you angry today? Rp pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW IM BACK HOLY CRAB.
hello everyone! i hope youre all doing well venting here!

biggest peeve thats making me angry:
MAKING HETEROSEXUAL CHARACTERS IN FANDOMS AND MAKING THEM NOT HETEROSEXUAL. OR VICE VERSA - TURNING A GAY CHARACTER IN A FANDOM AND MAKING THEM STRAIGHT ;; like whyy? its already out of character, and it personally makes me feel uncomfortable ;; or when 2 HETEROSEXUAL CHARACTERS are shipped together even though they would never be seen together at all???

another peeve : super bad grammatical errors

like writing dialogue, and NEVER ENDING IT W EITHER PERIODS OR COMMAS, choppy sentences, too fast pace in a scene, stuff like that. AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO THESE PEOPLE BC THEN THEY GET WEIRD ABOUT IT! LIKE IM THE BAD GUY?? and its like i write my posts very formally... youd think youd read mine and try to be at least somewhat similar?? but no, they totally ignore it and just keep doing they thang.

This has been said before but making a character over powered as shiddd. like for a teen wolf rp, this girl decided to make a siren character -- but wanted to make it that when werewolves eat sirens, they turn into alphas. if you've seen teen wolf, youd know that this totally blows the whole point of the show. if a werewolf can become an alpha THAT easily, then the role of an alpha would be so meaningless. so when i asked her if we could tweak it, she got pissy w me. LIKE SORRY LMAO, thats just so dumb ;;

selfish people -- i see this a lot in search threads where people will request to have partners that want a two-way street relationship so maximum effort can be put into the rp! thats fine, im all for it. what i hate, and have been dealing with (specifically for doubling) is people will focus on ONLY their character and their pairing and WONT EVEN BOTHER TO TRY AND COME UP W IDEAS FOR YOUR CHARACTER AND PAIRING even though i help them come up with ideas??? like really??? ur not gonna help a sista out??? the shows all about u ??? o k.

ALSO YALL THIS IS MY THREAD PLEASE DONT DISCUSS ANYTHING OTHER THAN PET PEEVES, LIKE WTF ? THANK U MODERATOR FOR STEPPING IN

MAKING HETEROSEXUAL CHARACTERS IN FANDOMS AND MAKING THEM NOT HETEROSEXUAL.
This. Soooooo much of this. People do this in fandoms I love way too often.
It's kind of awkward since I'm personally not one for a lot of gay ships. It's just personal preference, nothing against them or anything... But 75% of the time I'd say they're not my cup of tea... so it makes it doubly awkward when people take two canonically straight characters and mash them together like barbie dolls.
People seem to really like doing this with the Supernatural fandom. Save me.

This. Soooooo much of this. People do this in fandoms I love way too often.
It's kind of awkward since I'm personally not one for a lot of gay ships. It's just personal preference, nothing against them or anything... But 75% of the time I'd say they're not my cup of tea... so it makes it doubly awkward when people take two canonically straight characters and mash them together like barbie dolls.
People seem to really like doing this with the Supernatural fandom. Save me.
Soooo many people do this with the Teen Wolf Fandom, I dont understand the hype of why a lot of people do this.

i hate when partners feel the need to make their characters perfect.
like i get the cs and it’s looking good, y’know? not a mary/gary sue and then we get to the rp and all of a sudden girls are giggling when they see them in the street. any side character i create for the sake of the story, their character knows them.
if it’s part of their character or done subtly or a few times, it’s fine. but when in every post they’re just bragging about how attractive their character is, i can’t deal.

biggest peeve thats making me angry:
MAKING HETEROSEXUAL CHARACTERS IN FANDOMS AND MAKING THEM NOT HETEROSEXUAL.
I tend to do this a lot. Mostly because there's a lack of LGBT+ characters in most fandoms I'm in.

Besides, in my experience most roleplays allow people to make much bigger changes to canon character than their sexual orientation so I don't really get the issue.

I tend to do this a lot. Mostly because there's a lack of LGBT+ characters in most fandoms I'm in.

Besides, in my experience most roleplays allow people to make much bigger changes to canon character than their sexual orientation so I don't really get the issue.

I feel that there may be a lack of LGBT characters in fandoms which is already a problem in itself -- But to change a canon character is any MAJOR way just ruins it for me. It's mainly been changing their sexuality because it just doesnt make sense in the fandom world for certain characters to mix. I'm glad that it may work for you, but it's just something that I really dont like. Changing a canon character any way just really bothers me because then it's not the canon character- it's just an OC based off the canon.

I feel that there may be a lack of LGBT characters in fandoms which is already a problem in itself -- But to change a canon character is any MAJOR way just ruins it for me. It's mainly been changing their sexuality because it just doesnt make sense in the fandom world for certain characters to mix. I'm glad that it may work for you, but it's just something that I really dont like. Changing a canon character any way just really bothers me because then it's not the canon character- it's just an OC based off the canon.

In a way, any time you play a canon as an RP character, it's going to be an OC based off the canon. There's no way of making it exactly canonical unless you RP out scenes that actually happened in the original series, and then, what's the point? Once it's made the transition to an RP character it's instantly something other than it was imo.

In a way, any time you play a canon as an RP character, it's going to be an OC based off the canon. There's no way of making it exactly canonical unless you RP out scenes that actually happened in the original series, and then, what's the point? Once it's made the transition to an RP character it's instantly something other than it was imo.

Yes, it technically is it's own thing once you rp it, and I'm not getting upset at people who don't write a character semi-accurately. I'm mainly upset when a character's dynamic is changed, and NO effort (in my experiences) is given to try and make the character into who they are. For example: I am in a Stranger things rp, someone is writing as Billy for me. Billy is a "bad boy" (ew i cant believe i said that), however even though Billy is a bad boy, he doesn't put himself into that much trouble where parents would get involved. While my partner completely misses the point, makes the character into someone he isn't -- and also makes the character know things that they shouldnt know! These are the things to bother me.

As for Teen Wolf, to go back to again, I've seen so many ships where they use straight guys (rarely girls) and pair them together when they act like brothers -- it just feels so wrong to put characters with that type of relationship and then turn it into a more intimate/sexual relationship. Meanwhile in Teen Wolf specifically, there were multiple characters that were homosexual, but weren't listed in that persons search. I mean I'm not mad at them, it was just something I noticed.

This part is merely my speculation, but I think people who ship straight male teen wolf characters, only do it because theyre good looking 👀 👀 👀 👀

This part is merely my speculation, but I think people who ship straight male teen wolf characters, only do it because theyre good looking 👀 👀 👀 👀

I guarantee this is the case. XD

Personally I don't like playing canons or playing opposite canons in general, but if I do I don't mind if people want to make gayness out of it. Sometimes the chemistry is just right and you want a bit of wish fulfilment. But I get your point. XD

As for Teen Wolf, to go back to again, I've seen so many ships where they use straight guys (rarely girls) and pair them together when they act like brothers
I absolutely despise the fact that any time two straight men have an emotionally healthy friendship, people label them as gay. Like, y’all, straight guys are allowed to be emotionally open and healthy with each other too. We need to encourage it more

I absolutely despise the fact that any time two straight men have an emotionally healthy friendship, people label them as gay. Like, y’all, straight guys are allowed to be emotionally open and healthy with each other too. We need to encourage it more
Honestly I hate it in rps where your character can't even have a friend without the other person getting jealous. Jeez, just because they hang out doesn't mean they want to get married and have kids.

Yes, but going back to straight characters being shipped together and turned gay.
Yeah, I figured as much but I don't really get why that's relevant. Bad ships aren't really exlusive to straight characters turned gay.

I'm just a bit confused why you specifically said that your pet peeve was people changing canon characters sexuality rather than people changing canon characters at all.

Yeah, I figured as much but I don't really get why that's relevant. Bad ships aren't really exlusive to straight characters turned gay.

I'm just a bit confused why you specifically said that your pet peeve was people changing canon characters sexuality rather than people changing canon characters at all.

The reason why I brought it up is because I've been faced with that problem lately. Yeah, it bothers me that canon characters can be changed completely, which i did mention before. But my original post was the changing of sexuality because that's what ive been faced with so much.

Also, it would often change the dynamic between them and the other characters, but this almost always glossed over.

So.. On another site, I just got ghosted. But it isn't even that which irks me.
It's the fact that they deleted the entire thread along with it .-.
I see them participating in a few other rps actively, and I don't know if I should ask them about what happened, especially because I think they may call me a stalker or something because I'm on another thread to find them?? Idk, I guess I'll just leave it alone..

Look changing the sexuality of a character serves no artistic purpose, or character purpose, or story purpose. It's about the writer wanting to play the sexuality. I don't care who makes what argument, I will never see it any other way. It's about wanting to be your own orientation, or explore alternative through a safe and anonymous medium. Period.

Changing canon characters at all is annoying to almost anyone who is doing a serious fanfic RP. But to change something so personal for reasons that have nothing to do with canon, or usually the plot (unless it's just about sexuality dynamics), that's just selfish.

That's the annoying aspect of it. Remember iMeisaki iMeisaki , everyone is different. When some people do fandom material, they want THAT fandom, not some shit someone felt would be fun, or more natural, or more their style. We create RPs for that.

It's mostly about respect for the source material. Knowing it enough to play it without needing to modify it.

Also, it would often change the dynamic between them and the other characters, but this almost always glossed over.

Yeah, like especially if characters are brought in specifically to be a love interest for the character that
So.. On another site, I just got ghosted. But it isn't even that which irks me.
It's the fact that they deleted the entire thread along with it .-.
I see them participating in a few other rps actively, and I don't know if I should ask them about what happened, especially because I think they may call me a stalker or something because I'm on another thread to find them?? Idk, I guess I'll just leave it alone..

I don't think you'd be seen as a stalker if you asked them wtf happened? That's really annoying that they deleted the whole thread! I'm not sure what you rped about, but a lot of my rps I like to keep to use some of my responses as samples to show to future rpers, or I just like looking back on the rp if I liked it. I think you should definitely ask them, bc thats total bs lmao.

I don't think you'd be seen as a stalker if you asked them wtf happened? That's really annoying that they deleted the whole thread! I'm not sure what you rped about, but a lot of my rps I like to keep to use some of my responses as samples to show to future rpers, or I just like looking back on the rp if I liked it. I think you should definitely ask them, bc thats total bs lmao.
I think they may have done it to keep their "record" clean? So if anyone looks around at their past rps, they see a non-ghosting reliable partner or something :7
Thanks for the advice though, I'll try and message them about it!

Look changing the sexuality of a character serves no artistic purpose, or character purpose, or story purpose. It's about the writer wanting to play the sexuality. I don't care who makes what argument, I will never see it any other way. It's about wanting to be your own orientation, or explore alternative through a safe and anonymous medium. Period.

Changing canon characters at all is annoying to almost anyone who is doing a serious fanfic RP. But to change something so personal for reasons that have nothing to do with canon, or usually the plot (unless it's just about sexuality dynamics), that's just selfish.

That's the annoying aspect of it. Remember iMeisaki iMeisaki , everyone is different. When some people do fandom material, they want THAT fandom, not some shit someone felt would be fun, or more natural, or more their style. We create RPs for that.

It's mostly about respect for the source material. Knowing it enough to play it without needing to modify it.
Okay I partially disagree with what you first said-- since you've made it clear that you won't see it any other way, I'm not further debating it with you.

Anyway, yes, I do know everyone is different. I was expressing my annoyance on the subject, that's simply my opinion on it. I dislike the fact of turning someone's sexuality of a canon character opposite as to what they are as well as really disliking that some people will change a canon's dynamics completely. Both are very annoying to me.

I get where you're coming from, but I think a little deviation can be fun just to see a new twist in things. For example, what if Harry had been sorted into Slytherin, or if he'd of dated a Hufflepuff at some point. For me, as long as it's done sensibly and it ties up with the themes and settings I don't often mind. More often than not however, a change in sexuality is just shoehorned in without any consideration and that's why I often have a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back