Experiences What is the Most Frustrating RP you have ever been apart of?

God, that's just... *dumb*.

I mean, even in those kind of situations, the "passive" party still has to react and respond! They just do so passively! It's not even that difficult to write a subtle or quiet character as long as you pay attention to their facial expressions and body language.

Not to mention it seems ridiculously boring, but I guess that's how you get books like Twilight where literally nothing happens for hundreds of pages.

Yes but sadly this is a story format where the "submissive/feminine protagonist" is actively removed from the plot. The story is something that happens TO them not something they have any real agency over. I mean I personally agree that it seems a really difficult and kind of boring way to tell a story but the explosive popularity of all levels of crappy YA and Romance novels proves that I know nothing as this is apparently a super popular genre of story telling.

Now the problem is that it's pretty much the kiss of poison in roleplaying as roleplay is an actively collaborative format of storytelling. But then many many people seem to think that it's pretty much the same thing as writing a book ( not just this specific type of roleplayer either i'd say at least half of all roleplayers I've run into treat it like a book ). And the problem is while it's fine to write a book about a passive character ( as the author can find other ways to move the story along ) it doesn't work so well as a roleplay. As basically what your asking is your partner to take on the mantle of "author" and basically write your characters story for them/you.

As basically what your asking is your partner to take on the mantle of "author" and basically write your characters story for them/you.

And that's just not fair.

I mean, right now I'm waiting for a roleplay to start and my character starts out very passive, plot-wise. However, I also have an NPC that's pretty much attached to her who serves as a Source of Plot-Relevant Action and will be phased out eventually when my player character has developed enough that she understands that she has to take the reigns and stop being a puppet, so to speak. You can play nearly any kind of character, but you HAVE to find ways to make sure that you're contributing to the roleplay.

And this is why I steer clear of purely pairing based or most canon x oc roleplays. Because in my experience it is usually only one person pushing the roleplay forward ( whichever person is supposed to be playing the "dominant" person in the relationship ).

So it's either - my character gets stuck carrying a passive doormat through the entire roleplay OR the other person getting pissy when my character reacts like a normal human being and actually gives some push back to being walked all over. ( because apparently in this style of roleplay only one person in the relationship is allowed to have any personality or motivation )
Yeah, I don't go into pairings anymore unless there is a specific plot in mind. I don't like rping without a goal to reach, and, "get your character hooked up with my character" doesn't cut it for me. There's gotta be something more to the story or else it'll get stale very fast.

And I hate the dominate/submissive idea that seems to float around 1x1 search threads too often. Like, I know this is a wild idea, but how about equality in relationships? I don't condone rping unhealthy relationship dynamics unless both characters are equally terrible to each-other and you go in knowing it's going to end badly for both of them.

Oh, my most frustrating experience was quite a trainwreck. Looking back at it now, I weep with laughter because of the sheer insanity.

The roleplay was about... I don't remember exactly, it happened quite a long time ago on a site that doesn't exist anymore, but I know that our characters were knights in a generic pseudo-medieval Europe setting who could communicate with their swords through telepathy. There was probably some doom'n'gloom prophecy, too. It didn't seem that bad from the premise, so I joined. Boy, was I wrong. You see, saying that the GM was weird would have been an understatement.

Let me begin with stating that he had this really peculiar writing style. He would capitalize words that didn't require capitalization, his grammar was mostly fine, yet when he made a mistake, it was really bizarre (for example writing "yelloh" instead of "yellow) and he apparently didn't understand the difference between a comma and a full stop because he kept churning out sentences that resembled paragraphs more than anything else. Still, that wasn't what bothered me. I'm not that much of a grammar nazi. What bothered me was that he proceeded to join his roleplay with another account of his while pretending to be someone else. Needless to say, this was extremely noticeable due to his strange style.

He proceeded to give his character OP powers such as time manipulation and started taunting other players how weak they were in comparison. Other players fell for the bait for some reason and so the OOC was soon full of arguments concerning "who was stronger." Of course, the GM would never fail to show up and remind us of his character's superiority. When people complained that it didn't make sense due to the fact that we were supposed to be on a similar level since we all shared the same rank in the same organization, he just told us it was "for plot reasons" and that we "had to deal with it" while his alt account still laughed at everyone.

Soon it became really obvious that the only reason he even started the roleplay was to get to play the greatest character who has ever lived while everyone else was supposed to just admire the resident Mary Sue. At this point, I made it my personal mission to have my character be as unimpressed as humanly possible despite the insane feats the GM's character pulled off. I admit that this part was entertaining, if only because of his obviously pained and insulted reactions OOC. "What do you mean that your character just shrugged and went off to buy a pint of beer? XXX just killed a dragon with a single spell in front of her eyes, you can't do that! That's bad roleplaying!"

I also remember the GM trying to pick up girls OOC, going on insane weaboo rants (I am a weaboo, too, but man, don't you think that it's a little excessive to write five large paragraphs on why Japan is superior to China when someone refers to anime as "Chinese cartoons?") and controlling our characters in crucial moments. Like, he would present a problem in his post, then he would write how our characters solved it and the only way you could react to that was to describe how your character felt about it and wait for another of his "wonderful" posts.

I only ever stuck with the roleplay because I found it amusing to subtly (or not so subtly) troll the GM. Shame that other players lost patience with him so fast, it was as funny as it was frustrating.

I remember once I was in a Saw-inspired rp where every day there would be very clever morality-testing puzzles, but halfway through, the GM resigned and another guy took over as GM, and then he started doing straight up "I'm going to put poison in the room to kill people randomly". He completely missed the point of the whole rp.

And it's not really an RP itself, but there a person on another site I'm currently on, who will do random things just to try and force interaction with your characters, make both of their characters just have a closed rp together in the middle of the thread and then complaining OOC that nobody's rping with them. In an X-men rp she had her character angrily refuse to join the X-men and storm off, and then said in the OOC "I'm still in this rp. I'm just doing what's realistic and in-character." causing another character to actually have to go get them and talk her into it. All of their characters had like REALLY grim and tragic backstories often involving rape and/or having a traumatic experience in a third world country, and carry weapons even if it doesn't match the tone, ect.

The most frustating rp I've ever been a part of, though, was frustrating solely because of me. 'Hellbully University' It was my first ever rp, and I killed it because I had no idea what not to do in an rp and made every mistake you can possibly make. I created like ten characters, had then all ship with each other. The nerd was a super-genius who could invent anything, ect.

Oh, my most frustrating experience was quite a trainwreck. Looking back at it now, I weep with laughter because of the sheer insanity.

The roleplay was about... I don't remember exactly, it happened quite a long time ago on a site that doesn't exist anymore, but I know that our characters were knights in a generic pseudo-medieval Europe setting who could communicate with their swords through telepathy. There was probably some doom'n'gloom prophecy, too. It didn't seem that bad from the premise, so I joined. Boy, was I wrong. You see, saying that the GM was weird would have been an understatement.

Let me begin with stating that he had this really peculiar writing style. He would capitalize words that didn't require capitalization, his grammar was mostly fine, yet when he made a mistake, it was really bizarre (for example writing "yelloh" instead of "yellow) and he apparently didn't understand the difference between a comma and a full stop because he kept churning out sentences that resembled paragraphs more than anything else. Still, that wasn't what bothered me. I'm not that much of a grammar nazi. What bothered me was that he proceeded to join his roleplay with another account of his while pretending to be someone else. Needless to say, this was extremely noticeable due to his strange style.

He proceeded to give his character OP powers such as time manipulation and started taunting other players how weak they were in comparison. Other players fell for the bait for some reason and so the OOC was soon full of arguments concerning "who was stronger." Of course, the GM would never fail to show up and remind us of his character's superiority. When people complained that it didn't make sense due to the fact that we were supposed to be on a similar level since we all shared the same rank in the same organization, he just told us it was "for plot reasons" and that we "had to deal with it" while his alt account still laughed at everyone.

Soon it became really obvious that the only reason he even started the roleplay was to get to play the greatest character who has ever lived while everyone else was supposed to just admire the resident Mary Sue. At this point, I made it my personal mission to have my character be as unimpressed as humanly possible despite the insane feats the GM's character pulled off. I admit that this part was entertaining, if only because of his obviously pained and insulted reactions OOC. "What do you mean that your character just shrugged and went off to buy a pint of beer? XXX just killed a dragon with a single spell in front of her eyes, you can't do that! That's bad roleplaying!"

I also remember the GM trying to pick up girls OOC, going on insane weaboo rants (I am a weaboo, too, but man, don't you think that it's a little excessive to write five large paragraphs on why Japan is superior to China when someone refers to anime as "Chinese cartoons?") and controlling our characters in crucial moments. Like, he would present a problem in his post, then he would write how our characters solved it and the only way you could react to that was to describe how your character felt about it and wait for another of his "wonderful" posts.

I only ever stuck with the roleplay because I found it amusing to subtly (or not so subtly) troll the GM. Shame that other players lost patience with him so fast, it was as funny as it was frustrating.
This situation reminds me of an interaction I had with a user on Quotev, we weren't rping necisarrily, but they started talking to me on two different accounts at once. They were harassing me about how I just sucked at everything.

And that's just not fair.

I mean, right now I'm waiting for a roleplay to start and my character starts out very passive, plot-wise. However, I also have an NPC that's pretty much attached to her who serves as a Source of Plot-Relevant Action and will be phased out eventually when my player character has developed enough that she understands that she has to take the reigns and stop being a puppet, so to speak. You can play nearly any kind of character, but you HAVE to find ways to make sure that you're contributing to the roleplay.

And I don't disagree I was just explaining the mindset of the people who do passive characters in romances. To these people being a passive character means you don't HAVE to contribute to the plot. And from personal experience it's a waste of time trying to convince them otherwise. They have a specific payout in mind for "participating" in roleplays and it does not include actual plot or story contribution.

And this isn't everyone TBH sometimes it's also just lack of writing experience too. But you can usually tell the difference if you offer some subtle advice. Like - oh hey when character just did xx and i was wondering what your character thought of that. Usually if it's not intentional they can give you SOME kind of answer at least OOC. If it's intentional they're just like...oh my character has no thoughts or my character is good or some variation of that.

Yeah, I don't go into pairings anymore unless there is a specific plot in mind. I don't like rping without a goal to reach, and, "get your character hooked up with my character" doesn't cut it for me. There's gotta be something more to the story or else it'll get stale very fast.

And I hate the dominate/submissive idea that seems to float around 1x1 search threads too often. Like, I know this is a wild idea, but how about equality in relationships? I don't condone rping unhealthy relationship dynamics unless both characters are equally terrible to each-other and you go in knowing it's going to end badly for both of them.

Exactly one of the most fun roleplays I ever did that had romance was basically about a wife hiring a hitman to kill her abusive dick of a husband. That was supposed to be a total trainwreck of a roleplay but it was really fun setting it up. I mean yeah I would think relationships should be more equal but if you want to play one that is imbalanced than

A - at least warn me first that i'm doing the lion's share of the work
B - give your character something to do outside of the relationship.

Because if your character is just a vague plot point I'm working around I might as well just go write fanfiction by myself.

People seem to have a problem with people using overpowered characters, but whenever someone shows any signs of breaking the rules of my roleplay, I tell the other "actually competent" roleplayers to ignore that annoying powerhouse and it works everytime.

I wish I was a part of that RP... I'd troll right along with you.

Though, I do have one thing to say... If a character is spewing out epic feats after epic feats, at some point it's going to be a 'normal' thing in the eyes of the other characters. It'll be expected of them in 'cannon' to the RP. So, in my eyes, your character is justified to shrug off a dragon being killed in front of them and buying a pint of beer.

From the sounds of that alone, they weren't looking to be "The strongest" in the RP per say... they were looking for the rest of the characters to be blind, idiotic, adoring fans.

I came up with a plot for a carnival horror themed RP one time, but the only "horror" about it was how un-synced my partnership was!

At first, brainstorming went well and we jumped into it just fine. But as she got more comfortable talking to me, she progressively became rude as heck towards me. She would always ask me for brainstorming ideas, but no matter what I come up with, she would get really nasty about how badly it "sucks" and we will aaaabsolutely not do it that way. That or she'll get massively confused and make a massive deal over it. Like, if you don't understand my idea 30 minutes after me trying to explain, then KNOCK IT PLEASE like I already tried to!

One time she didn't know how to visualize a moment that I wrote. I think, if I recall, it said something like he wrapped his arms around her back (as in, he is in front of her, and hugs onto her), or whatever. But she imagined he was behind her somehow and that I was implying her character was a toothpick or his arms were inhumanly long. I get it, we all have different POV so once in a while, there will be a miss with descriptions.
But then she started throwing a big fit about it, like heaven forbid I cause a little misunderstanding. I'm not always perfect with my descriptions, and I explained in a manner where she understood finally. But damn it took a while.

Basically anything I did was wrong
or stupid
and one event I wrote, she spent like 20 minutes laughing at me because it was "so bad"
Then
why are you even asking me for ideas to begin with? Why are you RPing with me??

So when I finally decided to call it quits, I told her I lost inspiration and was gonna stop at that point.
A couple of months later, she completely loses her mind and is infuriated because somehow she thought I "promised to return" and now I'm a liar and yada yada yada
but even in chat history I never even implied such I just said my piece and a goodbye??

Still, trying to be nice for some reason, I apologize in the event that I might've implied something, somewhere. Then made it clearer that I wasn't going to return to it, that we were too out of sync with our ideas.
Woops
pissed her off again!
/block

So yeah, that was the most frustrating one I've had. There are 2nd and 3rd place stories, but neither of which I'd call "frustrating" more than I'd say they were just weird situations. X'D

Now... That's just pathetic.

I came up with a plot for a carnival horror themed RP one time, but the only "horror" about it was how un-synced my partnership was!

At first, brainstorming went well and we jumped into it just fine. But as she got more comfortable talking to me, she progressively became rude as heck towards me. She would always ask me for brainstorming ideas, but no matter what I come up with, she would get really nasty about how badly it "sucks" and we will aaaabsolutely not do it that way. That or she'll get massively confused and make a massive deal over it. Like, if you don't understand my idea 30 minutes after me trying to explain, then KNOCK IT PLEASE like I already tried to!

One time she didn't know how to visualize a moment that I wrote. I think, if I recall, it said something like he wrapped his arms around her back (as in, he is in front of her, and hugs onto her), or whatever. But she imagined he was behind her somehow and that I was implying her character was a toothpick or his arms were inhumanly long. I get it, we all have different POV so once in a while, there will be a miss with descriptions.
But then she started throwing a big fit about it, like heaven forbid I cause a little misunderstanding. I'm not always perfect with my descriptions, and I explained in a manner where she understood finally. But damn it took a while.

Basically anything I did was wrong
or stupid
and one event I wrote, she spent like 20 minutes laughing at me because it was "so bad"
Then
why are you even asking me for ideas to begin with? Why are you RPing with me??

So when I finally decided to call it quits, I told her I lost inspiration and was gonna stop at that point.
A couple of months later, she completely loses her mind and is infuriated because somehow she thought I "promised to return" and now I'm a liar and yada yada yada
but even in chat history I never even implied such I just said my piece and a goodbye??

Still, trying to be nice for some reason, I apologize in the event that I might've implied something, somewhere. Then made it clearer that I wasn't going to return to it, that we were too out of sync with our ideas.
Woops
pissed her off again!
/block

So yeah, that was the most frustrating one I've had. There are 2nd and 3rd place stories, but neither of which I'd call "frustrating" more than I'd say they were just weird situations. X'D
I admire your patience and the fact that you were still trying to be nice in spite of how mean she was being

You know, I've been fortunate not to have too many frustrating roleplays.
Once I joined a group on Skype and it dissolved into 1x1 hell. It became just a focus on two characters, everyone else was practically ignored. Didn't help the two characters belonged to mods.

To say the least, the RP died quickly. Nothing of value was lost.

Ugh. Worst roleplay I've ever been in was on a Pokemon website where people stuck to canon characters. It was my first real RP experience, and I studied up hard to be able to write for Gold. Everything was going good until a girl probably around 11 or 12 joined the site. Her character was herself, and that's not even an assumption. Her profile name and her character's name were the same.

If it wasn't for what she did OoC it would fit right into an overblown Mary Sue parody. She broke canon all the time, with the most tragic backstory I've ever seriously encountered. (She became a Pokemon trainer at the age of 5 because her parents were ''mean" and kicked her out. She was rasied by Prof Scyamore after living in the woods with legendary Pokemon, was the champion of every reigon, despite having canon characters who canonically were. And she was half Palkia. Never forget that one).

If you know a solid amount (not even) about Pokemon you'd know that canon there is broken horribly. Smarter players in character would try to gently railroad her back to sticking with canon. Ex. "What? You couldn't possibly be a trainer at age five, that's illegal!" Or "You can only have 6 Pokemon in your party at once, having more is cheating!"

She'd deflect every single attempt, bringing in legendaries (which was against the rules) through their "special bond," and getting pissed in and out of character if anyone did something mean to her. (I remember she wanted to have a romance with Gold, who canonically isn't into the clingy types of girls. I wrote a small part about how he "wasn't interested," and she had a breakdown in the roleplay section of chat.

She caused drama OOC all the time too. Aside from being the embodiment of an 11 year old on myspace (rawr XD), she was generally obnoxious and "random" she'd claim to have a "dark side" that she "couldn't control." (Just like her character), and she'd frequently try to convince others that she personally knew fictional characters (Creepypastas to be exact). This was definitely the cringiest part as at the bottom of each post there'd be something like:

"Hei! No fair!!!!!! Dere's no wei I can win when your cheating! Dat's no fun XD im gonna beat chuu! Jeff what do chu think?
Jeff: kill them all XD
Me: *hugs jeffy* he's my lawyer XDD"

Even back then I despised that stuff, and I tried avoid interacting with her. This spawned more problems and she would spam me with PM's that all read very similarly "Do chu hate me?"

She'd openly complain OOC and IC that I hated her (which although true I never let bleed onto the site at all) because "my character wasn't nice to her." This came as a surprise to her despite that fact that she had tried to kidnap him (????) tried to steal his Pokemon (??????) and kill his love interest (??????)

Eventually she got banned for low-quality posts, and that is the story about the worst Roleplay(er) I've been in/met. Reading back she seems like she hinges pretty damn close to a joke or a satire piece, but although the original thread has been deleted I still have some undeleted PM's.

Last edited:
Ugh. Worst roleplay I've ever been in was on a Pokemon website where people stuck to canon characters. It was my first real RP experience, and I studied up hard to be able to write for Gold. Everything was going good until a girl probably around 11 or 12 joined the site. Her character was herself, and that's not even an assumption. Her profile name and her character's name were the same.

If it wasn't for what she did OoC it would fit right into an overblown Mary Sue parody. She broke canon all the time, with the most tragic backstory I've ever seriously encountered. (She became a Pokemon trainer at the age of 5 because her parents were ''mean" and kicked her out. She was rasied by Prof Scyamore after living in the woods with legendary Pokemon, was the champion of every reigon, despite having canon characters who canonically were. And she was half Palkia. Never forget that one).

If you know a solid amount (not even) about Pokemon you'd know that canon there is broken horribly. Smarter players in character would try to gently railroad her back to sticking with canon. Ex. "What? You couldn't possibly be a trainer at age five, that's illegal!" Or "You can only have 6 Pokemon in your party at once, having more is cheating!"

She'd deflect every single attempt, bringing in legendaries (which was against the rules) through their "special bond," and getting pissed in and out of character if anyone did something mean to her. (I remember she wanted to have a romance with Gold, who canonically isn't into the clingy types of girls. I wrote a small part about how he "wasn't interested," and she had a breakdown in the roleplay section of chat.

She caused OOC all the time too. Aside from being the embodiment of an 11 year old on myspace (rawr XD), she was generally obnoxious and "random" she'd claim to have a "dark side" that she "couldn't control." (Just like her character), and she'd frequently try to convince others that she personally knew fictional characters (Creepypastas to be exact). This was definitely the cringiest part as at the bottom of each post there'd be something like:

"Hei! No fair!!!!!! Dere's no wei I can win when your cheating! Dat's no fun XD im gonna beat chuu! Jeff what do chu think?

Even back then I despised that stuff, and I tried avoid interacting with her. This spawned more problems and she would spam me with PM's that all read very similarly "Do chu hate me?"

She'd openly complain OOC and IC that I hated her (which although true I never let bleed onto the site at all) because "my character wasn't nice to her." This came as a surprise to her despite that fact that she had tried to kidnap him (????) tried to steal his Pokemon (??????) and kill his love interest (??????)

Eventually she got banned for low-quality posts, and that is the story about the worst Roleplay(er) I've been in/met. Reading back she seems like she hinges pretty damn close to a joke or a satire piece, but although the original thread has been deleted I still have some undeleted PM's.
I have seen my fair share of bad Rpers stories, but this one has to take the cake...

Maybe not the most frustrating experiences, but they were very annoying nonetheless.

I had joined an RP about normal humans getting thrown into a world of fantasy creatures and invited my friend to join us. At first, it was going smoothly. Everybody was fun to RP with. That guy found a couple of dwarves friends, that girl met with a spirit that resided in a mask, a forest creature saved one of my characters after he was badly hurt in a fight, and they were all slowly going to the same city to meet up for the plot. Then a new person joined and it slowly went downhill. Their posts were very confusing, partly because of the bad grammar and partly because they would say that their character couldn't fight then proceed to fight a werewolf no problems. We continued, dealing with her character as best as we could. Until this other person came into the RP. They started talking OOC in the IC thread and the previous player would talk with them. We told them to do this in PM. Then the new person started RPing in the tavern and the other one started RPing with them while still fighting the werewolf in the desert. Things became so confused that nobody knew what to do. The GM came in to put the RP back on track. It works for a little bit, but then the two new players did a few pages worth of forum posts of RPing back and forward to each other in an hour, completely overtaking the RP with confusing one or two liners. The RP died pretty fast after that. Nobody wanted to go on.

The second one, it was my friend who invited me to join. It was set in the Victorian era with a secret agency that was hunting down supernatural creatures to keep the world at peace. The supernatural world was kept a secret and that was the mission of the agency to stay like that. My friend and I were both humans that would discover the agency after finding a cryptic ad for recruiting. They both arrived at the pub where the leader of the agency would recruit new people after asking them a few mysterious questions. But then, that person had they character being a pheonix witch (don't ask me what's that, I don't know) getting angry at somebody who said nothing to them and they post were very badly written with their character saying "I am an assassin/warrior!" directly at someone and never using inter monologue for describing her feeling, just making their character say it out loud. Then she and another person who played some kind of demon started telling our character that they were thousand of years old and that the phoenix witch could burn the place down if she was angry. I remember you the supernatural creatures had to stay secretive and we were normal humans. I voiced it in the OOC chat and the GM said that I was right, but they didn't listen. The phoenix witch went to the barman and ordered a fireball to drink!! At this point, we were both done. But we decided to stick a little bit more. The breaking point was when this person decided to play three characters when the limit was two and wasn't doing anything to differentiate which character was which. When the GM didn't say anything about it, we both left.

The last one is about this fantasy RP where everybody worked hard on building the world and giving ideas to the GM, but then the GM never started the RP, telling us they were being lazy and didn't want to do what a GM had to do. They deleted the thread afterward. All the time spent by us, the players, in building the world for nothing.

Joining a WattPad RP as a joke to troll some people.
Little did I know that it would backfire.

Okay, one RP experience i found FRUSTRATING AF was a 1x1 RP. I had a small in-developpement universe i wanted to improve and i and the other player agreed to RP it as an action/romance RP (i never did romance before so i gave it a try.) where i played all my characters to "GM" the whole thing. And i did a lot of effort to write several paragraphs, to keep action happening in my posts.

However, the other player quickly did one liners. At first, i didn't bothered me, it was my first one liner ever, and i thought i could cope with that. BUT, quickly, i ran out of ideas in my paragraphs, and slowly, they became one liners too, as i had no ideas what to write, and i thought "If he doesn't makes any efforts, me neither." But the no return point was when his character chopped my character's arm in his post without leaving me any room to avoid the attack. I mean, my character did KNOW how to fight, he was a mercenary! That was autohit and god modding, and i was very frustrated he did that.

At the end, this person stopped posting and it died. But the pleasure of RPing was gone.

The most annoying RP experience I'll talk about was on here was entirely my fault. Everything about it was completely my fuck up and that only makes it more frustrating.

I wanted a specific type of roleplay. I made an interest thread for my specific roleplay. I met a person who wanted to do my roleplay with me. He or she was GREAT at description, characterization, etc. They did everything right. But when it came down to it-- and by it I mean the sexual part of the roleplay-- I got so freaked out, I had to get my mom to read through it in the vain hope she would veto it so I'd have a valid excuse for leaving a 1x1 I created on the basis I'd gotten exactly what I wanted and it was terrifying. But my mom didn't veto it, so I had to tell the truth, and my roleplayer was POd. We never spoke again after that, and I have to forever live with the knowledge I am someone else's horror story.

Moral Of Story: Don't do sexual roleplay; it's fucking terrifying and you will have lasting emotional repercussions for years to come.

The most annoying RP experience I'll talk about was on here was entirely my fault. Everything about it was completely my fuck up and that only makes it more frustrating.

I wanted a specific type of roleplay. I made an interest thread for my specific roleplay. I met a person who wanted to do my roleplay with me. He or she was GREAT at description, characterization, etc. They did everything right. But when it came down to it-- and by it I mean the sexual part of the roleplay-- I got so freaked out, I had to get my mom to read through it in the vain hope she would veto it so I'd have a valid excuse for leaving a 1x1 I created on the basis I'd gotten exactly what I wanted and it was terrifying. But my mom didn't veto it, so I had to tell the truth, and my roleplayer was POd. We never spoke again after that, and I have to forever live with the knowledge I am someone else's horror story.

Moral Of Story: Don't do sexual roleplay; it's fucking terrifying and you will have lasting emotional repercussions for years to come.

Uhh. Sounds like you were a minor when this happened so I'm going to second this. Don't sex RP on this site, obviously, but if you are underage you should probably not sex RP at all. You can't tell the ages of other players, and the only safe option for everyone is if you find another teen. If you go on an adult site by lying about your age you can get people locked up who innocently believed you, but if you announce your age you will certainly attract paedophiles.

Just... maybe wait until you're older.

Also the rules of consent still apply. If someone gets mad at you for not writing smut then they're the dick, not you.

She caused drama OOC all the time too. Aside from being the embodiment of an 11 year old on myspace (rawr XD), she was generally obnoxious and "random" she'd claim to have a "dark side" that she "couldn't control." (Just like her character), and she'd frequently try to convince others that she personally knew fictional characters (Creepypastas to be exact). This was definitely the cringiest part as at the bottom of each post there'd be something like:

That person seems like a headache, I wasn't even in the RP and I have a headache just reading about the experience. I do have a couple of questions though, my first one being did she ever roleplay anything pokemon again after that? and was she ever blocked from the site?

That person seems like a headache, I wasn't even in the RP and I have a headache just reading about the experience. I do have a couple of questions though, my first one being did she ever roleplay anything pokemon again after that? and was she ever blocked from the site?

All the things (aside from the pm's) I mentioned took place in one thread in the oublic fourms. Whenever people weren't online and she was, she'd spam the chat with "Where are chu guys?? 03^" over and over, leading to pages of non RP content that eventually got the thread deleted. The other RPers and I started a PM roleplay and she complained that none of us ever RP'd with her because we all "hated her evil guts." She made a suicide threat towards the owner of the chat, another to me and one last one to another member she claimed to be 'besties' with. I convinced the others to report her (I was sick of her antics and honestly hoped she'd get banned), and the site's owner made it so she could in essence edit her profile and send PMs.

Eventually the chat's owner broke down and invited her to the PM roleplay, much to my dismay. Within a few pages it was oversaturated with angst and drama, all stemming from her that she demanded was dealt with. She interrupted a battle between two characters to try and offer a sacrifice to "My God Slenderman" so they would try and intervene. After that she never really participated with any other characters. iirc she wandered into a cafe and npc's she made up started "bullying" her, flooding the chat with a solid page of her screaming about how "she couldn't help her darkness." To characters that didn't really exsist outside of being in the cafe.

Eventually all of her priviledges were taken away (I don't know why or who instigated that) for a solid month, and I became more active. I wouldn't have to worry about her ever again, until she was able to use PM's again. I'd recieve 5-10 a day or her crying to me and begging me to have a romance with her. That was the final nail in the coffin that made me leave the site I checked back about a year ago for a cheap laugh and she had been given her access to all of the site back due to being a "Dedicated user." I'm glad I left when I did, quite frankly.

EDIT: I just checked her profile after another year, and she's still extremely active on the site. Hasn't gotten any more self aware, but she mentions that she hates her "old ocs/fursonas"

Last edited:
There are some serious horror stories here...

The worst I had was probably a pokemon RP that I was the GM of. It was based around two gijinka tribes and the feud between them resulting from conflicting views on normal humans. Everything started out alright. We had a decent variety of characters and the players were all pretty decent writers and followed the rules without complaints.

One player's character was the general of the one tribe. The character was a bit of a dick which is really chilled since I find it creates variety. However, at some point, the player just decided to ignore any plans I had for the RP and attack the other village by himself with some noface troops. Now, both tribes had a tentative truce that wasn't meant to be broken yet, so obviously the others from the general's tribe go to stop him.

I tried to talk to the player, but he didn't really respond. In the end, he had two full tribes all fighting against him, and then goes and pulls stunts that did not fit the lore at all. In the end, I let another player (a friend who I could thankfully trust) go mega using the power of his will so we could kill the general off and keep playing.

Back then I was far more lenient with who I let join, so we got a few people who's posts were... Well, painful to read. Everyone sort of left after that and the RP became deadarooni

Users who are viewing this thread

Back