• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tis the season for RP

KiKi Kitsune

The Fire Panda Fairy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome and happy season greetings!

It's that time of year where I am on leave and desperate to fill the time with some good ol' RP. With that in mind, I will likely be available for very quick and frequent responses for the holidays, but it will slow down when work picks up again. I am hoping this will be a long term RP.

So! Here I am looking for a partner or two. I don't feel quite ready to get back into group RPs as they tend to get really busy and then die fast from what I remember.

About
I would like a somewhat mature RP, be it in terms of the themes, content, or characters. Characters should be 18+ minimum.
The world is a violent place with people who are complex. I want to try to make characters and worlds that could be realistic. This means I am happy to play with darker themes and topics.
On that note, reality is boring and I like magic systems (massive DnD nerd here) and mostly play fantasy.
I mostly play female mains. I am happy to play NPCs
I would prefer someone to play male mains and NPCs. I can play male, but it depends on the plot.
I don't mind writing on or off platform (Discord or gdocs).
I am ghost friendly! I understand that life gets busy and things change. If we started an RP and you want to pick it back up or start a new one, please don't hesitate to send me a message!

Writing
I always try to match my partner in terms of length. My preference is a couple of paragraphs. If you want to describe an area, go ham! I am happy to read 2 pages of description. Less so with interactive writing, as I feel super long posts make it difficult to answer all the dialogue or actually have the characters bounce off each other naturally. ±3 paragraphs is my norm, and that's about what I expect from my partner at minimum.
I prefer 3rd person, past tense. I do not specify that you are the same, but it is a preference

Genres & Tropes
Genres:
As I said, fantasy is my main go to
High fantasy - yes
Low fantasy - also yes
Medieval - yes
Modern - also yes
Sci-fi - not preferred
Anything else? Just ask and I will consider it. I try to be adaptable and like pushing my writing and creativity.

Tropes:
Almost all typical romantic tropes.
Enemies to lovers
Forced proximity
Destiny
Fake relationship
Beauty and the beast
And many more. All the ship dynamics, I want to collect them like pokemon. It is easier to say what I don't like.

No Thanks
Family relations - no brother x sister, step-siblings, step-parents. Not even a 3rd cousin.
Age gaps - looking at humans, no massive age gaps. ±5yrs is where I draw the line since I play characters in their early 20s. However, since I play fantasy, age is a weird thing. Then I look at growth and maturity. Yes, elves live for hundreds of years, but they are only an adult when they are about 100. In that case, a 115 yo elf can go for the 20yo human. Does that make sense? Probably not.

Plot Ideas
As I said before, I try to be adaptable, so if you have a plot you want to try out, please let me know! Here are some of my current obsessions.

Hidden in plain sight: Characters that are considered "monster" hiding where they would normally be hunted, etc.
DnD inspired - tiefling x hunter. Tiefling is hiding in a town, hunter is hunting demons (like tieflings)
Modern monsters - vampire x human. Vampire has created a theatrical show to be so overtly vampiric that no one expects anything. Human is the spitting image of Vamp's late husband/wife who died ±100 years ago.

Cynical x Nieve / Aware x Dumbass / Tries to keep them alive x does not realise how much danger they are in
I want to play a completely clueless dumbass who just enjoys life.
Concept - mythical/non-human being who does not interact with humans, now does so. They have no idea what social norms are or that they may be hunted.

Assassin x target - An assassin who is undercover in the royal palace to scope it out beforehand and a royal who is unlike their unpleasant family. They meet with the target having no idea who the assassin is. Questionable morality ensued. Also the assassin has magic.

Not upset about an arranged marriage - An arranged marriage between two unimportant royals (the spares) was made to solidify an agreement. The two find an odd friendship before they realise who the other is at the altar. This begins a mutual kinship rather than romance (can blossom into a romance later). Bonus points if they are different races (human x demon/supernatural creature) which find the other hugely unattractive to the point where they are difficult to look at.

Demon x Human - A kingdom of humans tries to ally with a kingdom of demons by sending their princess to marry the demon king. The demon king is known as a tyrant but... isn't really. He keeps the appearance as it does help. Also, the princess isn't a princess and is just a servant who looks a lot like her. 2 very different people hiding who they are from one another.

Again, I am open to other ideas. I know mine are very simplistic. I like to allow space to flesh out ideas and worlds with my partners.

I can't think of anything else at the moment so... Yeah.

Code by Ambiloquous

I would be open to writing with you. The character I am trying to build is a DnD based character, she is a cleric that serves Tyr and is Lawful Good. I would love to brainstorm with you for ideas for RP.

I love the 'hidden in plain sight' monster rp idea...

And also up for a 'destiny' themed sci-fi/fantasy steampunk roleplay. It could be more victorian-setting leaning or cyberpunk oriented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back