Viewpoint What fandoms do you miss, or what are some you can't find partners for?

Madoka Magica is great!! But a bit hard to have roleplay with unless someone has a major plot. Personally, I just want to be Kyubey and run around because Kyubey is fun. ^^

What do you mean by "a major plot"? What is it, as opposed to a regular run of the mill plot?

I was always curious about Digimon. I never watched the show (actually I did but completely forgot how everything worked because overprotective parents gave the show the boot because of metallic dinosaurs. Like. Sigh, thanks for ruining a possible fandom for me,)
but I always wanted to do a crossover with the Digimon world and other fandom AI characters I grew to love (so I roleplay them). That or a pokemon/Digimon crossover. I wasn't really picky, but I love crossovers! And apparently, a lot of people don't? Regardless, I wanted to learn about the Digimon world through a rp partner who really liked the show and thus wanted to show off their character (Canon or OC).

To be honest I think one can still enjoy digimon an adult. Naturally it's still aimed at younger audiences for the most part, so there's stuff that comes with that territory, but even from the original series I think digimon had a bit more a serious approach to the narrative structure and more maturity. When people compare digimon and pokemon one of the usual aspects that are referenced is digimon has better shows whereas pokemon had better games, and I would say that better more proper storytelling is one of the reasons why.

Well, not that I'm insisting on anyone to go watch it though. 50+ episodes is a lot of time to commit to anything, and that's like one season of the show.

I will say though, I am not a fan of crossovers or multifandom stuff in general (there is one exception but RPing jumpchain is ... complicated to say the least). It's jarring and completely immersion breaking to me. Plus it's more often than not a type of RP that is created in order to let people play different cannon characters from different RPs and I'm very much not into bringing cannon characters in unless they are strictly necessary (kyubey for instance, would be a very much necessary component of any magical girl RP), or perhaps as an occasional NPC.

I guess we just have opposite tastes there, as far as cannon characters are concerned, and though I certainly have my reasons, I won't go into it unless someone asks for them. Not trying to start an argument 😅

What do you mean by "a major plot"? What is it, as opposed to a regular run of the mill plot?

To be honest I think one can still enjoy digimon an adult. Naturally it's still aimed at younger audiences for the most part, so there's stuff that comes with that territory, but even from the original series I think digimon had a bit more a serious approach to the narrative structure and more maturity. When people compare digimon and pokemon one of the usual aspects that are referenced is digimon has better shows whereas pokemon had better games, and I would say that better more proper storytelling is one of the reasons why.

Well, not that I'm insisting on anyone to go watch it though. 50+ episodes is a lot of time to commit to anything, and that's like one season of the show.

I will say though, I am not a fan of crossovers or multifandom stuff in general (there is one exception but RPing jumpchain is ... complicated to say the least). It's jarring and completely immersion breaking to me. Plus it's more often than not a type of RP that is created in order to let people play different cannon characters from different RPs and I'm very much not into bringing cannon characters in unless they are strictly necessary (kyubey for instance, would be a very much necessary component of any magical girl RP), or perhaps as an occasional NPC.

I guess we just have opposite tastes there, as far as cannon characters are concerned, and though I certainly have my reasons, I won't go into it unless someone asks for them. Not trying to start an argument 😅

Oh, who said we can't enjoy shows aimed toward children as adults? I'm just too lazy to watch 50+ episodes as you said. I only do that for passion projects... Like Yugioh. I literally binged the shows and now all I have left is the last Spin-Off...I'll get to it eventually. (Together the Yugioh series is like 440+ episodes)

Yeaaah, we definitely have opposite tastes here. I absolutely adore multi-fandom. By 'major plot' I mean an original plot that isn't 'Magical girls have to prevent becoming witches' and the like. If I were to have a multi-fandom and Madoka Magica rp, I'd play Kyubey and dive deeper into how Kyubey's alien race works. All the while introducing other alien characters from different fandoms who serve as enemies/rivals/allies to Kyubey's race because they're problematic lol. It all comes down to creativity and how you can blend characters together for a brand new world/universe and it's freeing for me.

Revolution against the wish granters??? Get 'em, everyone!

Pathfinder! Specifically Pathfinder Kingmaker. Been really getting into the setting and wanna do something with it, specifically something Kingmaker related

I have not been able to find a role-play partner for the following. I am guessing because they are really old?
  • Sailor Moon
  • Especially CardCaptors Sakura
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Twilight/esque - I don't care if they sparkle or whatever.
  • InuYasha
  • Vampire Knight
  • Harry Potter - I may have finally found a role-play partner for this. I actually did one role-play on this that went far and did well, but it didn't exactly end because we didn't know where to go with it. This fandom does seem to be the easiest to find a partner for out of all listed.

I have not been able to find a role-play partner for the following. I am guessing because they are really old?
  • Sailor Moon
  • Especially CardCaptors Sakura
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Twilight/esque - I don't care if they sparkle or whatever.
  • InuYasha
  • Vampire Knight
  • Harry Potter - I may have finally found a role-play partner for this. I actually did one role-play on this that went far and did well, but it didn't exactly end because we didn't know where to go with it. This fandom does seem to be the easiest to find a partner for out of all listed.
Inuyasha and Vampire Knight are two of my favorites!

Rosebudxo Rosebudxo I adore Sailor Moon if ya ever wanna do something with OCs I’m down. I don’t know as much about Twilight or Cardcaptors but I am familiar enough with the premise to give it a shot.

I vaguely remember Inuyasha and Vampire Knight but not enough to write a roleplay.

SailorMoon is fun. I wouldn't know what to rp though, I feel like I rped everything I wanted in this fandom when I was younger XD But I miss the feeling, I suppose.

Rosebudxo Rosebudxo I adore Sailor Moon if ya ever wanna do something with OCs I’m down. I don’t know as much about Twilight or Cardcaptors but I am familiar enough with the premise to give it a shot.

I vaguely remember Inuyasha and Vampire Knight but not enough to write a roleplay.
I'm more into canon characters for this, but I guess that would depend on the OCs? If you mean changing their name, I don't know.

I can also rarely find role-play partners for KRPs, but I know why. The reason why I am drawn to that setting is because of the character development and originality factor. Especially the romance. The tension is built up so expertly that it is more emotionally resonant when the main couple finally hold hands or kiss halfway through the series than when a full-blown bedroom scene happens in an American series.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I have a hard time finding a Legend of Zelda RP. I could also mention some of my novel/book fandoms, but they’re pretty obscure so I don’t really expect to find someone who might like to write an Earth’s Children, Lady Astronaut, and/or even Discworld RP.

I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I have a hard time finding a Legend of Zelda RP. I could also mention some of my novel/book fandoms, but they’re pretty obscure so I don’t really expect to find someone who might like to write an Earth’s Children, Lady Astronaut, and/or even Discworld RP.
Honestly same with Zelda. I especially love Breath of the Wild, and I'm surprised that game isn't more popular

Honestly same with Zelda. I especially love Breath of the Wild, and I'm surprised that game isn't more popular

Breath of the Wild was one of those games I could lose myself for hours in because of how fun it was to explore the world. And Zelda was like a childhood staple for me so it’s popular in my circle of friends, but I can understand how it might not appeal to everyone. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Good luck on your search! And if you need a Zelda RP partner in the future, don’t be afraid to reach out. :)

Breath of the Wild was one of those games I could lose myself for hours in because of how fun it was to explore the world...
You'd probably really like the game Shadow of the Colossus. Came out back in the PS2 days. It's heavy on the atmospheric exploration.

I'm not very well-versed in Zelda games, but my kiddo was playing the demo for Breath of the Wild, and I love the Boko goblins. Don't think I'd be able to RP the setting very well, though. As I know next to nothing about the franchise.

...Vampire Hunter D.
Vampire Hunter D is one of those settings that begs for a group RP where the players are Vampire hunters, but AREN'T D, himself. I other words, take the setting, but don't include the canonical characters. Maybe have mentions or ighting of them at best. But just having fun with the world without canons, ya know? I had pitched that notion for an RP, in brief, a long time ago. It might have been on this site... But I honestly don't remember.

I miss the feeling of waiting for another episode of Over the Garden Wall and seeing people on my feed talking about it passionately.
That was a wonderful experience that I hope I can experience again with something new. 💗

Zelda. I had an interest check up for a while and only two people showed up. Though the fact that it was a massive wall of text might have had something to do with it. I'll cut back on it and make it prettier next time.

Ah-- Hetalia since I never got to experience much of an RP when it came to the fandom and now there is no interest anymore, and probably never given 'stuff'', but other than that, it is kind of a comfort thing for me.

Also I always wanted to RP Hannibal since I'm so deep into, but given the topics, I don't know if anyone would be interested.

Diabolik lovers is a challenging one, occasionally fnaf, but it depends. Actually, the main problem i have with fnaf is that so many people are so into security breach that hardly anyone wants to go back to the older games and I love the older games.

Diabolik lovers is a challenging one, occasionally fnaf, but it depends. Actually, the main problem i have with fnaf is that so many people are so into security breach that hardly anyone wants to go back to the older games and I love the older games.
If done right a FNAF RP can be good, once made an OG Fnaf, made maps and everything and it was an rp that lasted close to four or five months before it tapered out

A Warhammer 40,000 group...
But as Orks.

It's tough sell because they are the most tongue-in-cheek race in the fandom. While everyone else is trying to be the edgiest, most grimdark faction, the Orks still retain the original flavor of satire that they were made in the image of decades ago.

I would alternatively love to find a group rp centered around an Inquisitor and their retinue.

All I ever see are WH40k groups (and they pop up ever-so-rarely) that are either about guardsmen or the Astartes. And I'm not particularly interested in either of those groups.

Arc of a Scythe trilogy. I think that series has so much good RP potential. I just never see advertisements for it or anything. Granted, I don't exactly look hard myself since I don't need more RP's right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back