Viewpoint What fandoms do you miss, or what are some you can't find partners for?

For me personally in terms of Fandoms I can't really find partners for it would probably be DC as well as Bandom particularly ones related to both 80s and 70s rock. I'm honestly surprised that DC in particular is one that isn't that popular fandom wise especially with the love people have for superhero franchises like Marvel. But with the bandom its less of a surpise cause I don't believe many young people on the internet are too kenn on writing about bands from the 80s and 70s its much more of a niche audience.

How do you do Roleplays about irl bands?
In my case not really about irl bands, more so original characters loosely based on these era of bands. However in most cases I do know bandom rps can be similar to K-Pop and Celebrity Roleplays where writers adopt the persona of a famous person and write them as an actual character. An example a friend of mine has an "OC" modeled to be their version of Billie Eilish. Generally I find this odd, so my OCs are more seperated from the original person's persona and have completely their own identity name and all ( apart from the face claim).

I too find the idea of playing real life celebrities odd (Presidents and other leaders of countries are an exception but even then they should be minor characters).

Power Rangers
no one seems to appreciate the chaos you could cause with a PR roleplay concept

Power Rangers
I’m currently listening to Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon podcast. It is quiet literally Super Sentai (Japanese Power Rangers) with girls.

So I feel you. It is a fascinating medium but would be kinda hard to get people excited about. It’s called Sailor Business Diamond if ya wanna check it out. I only offer because they go a lot into kinda the tropes and techniques of the medium. But for a girly show about magical girls (so if that’s not your cup a tea fair enough).

I don't usually do roleplays based on games (unless we're talking about FNAF) but I'm a sucker for violent themes and for almost a year now, I've had the desire to do something with a certain fandom.

Your boyfriend by The Fuboo. A dark visual novel that is anything but a love story. I really like the main antagonist, despite looking like a colourless country human, his strange behavior and unhealthy desire to win the protagonist's heart seems interesting enough to do a really dark roleplay.

But alas, my attempts to find partners willing to roleplay with me have been unsuccessful. I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing either the fandom isn't interested in roleplaying or the themes (Within the site's guidelines, of course.) that a idea like that would touch might be triggering for most people

Power Rangers

There are a bunch of Power Rangers RPs on this forum.

I myself an running a nation builder one where you can play as either a Ranger Team or a Villian Group

Marble Hornets, anyone?
Undertale and it's sister game, Deltarune, are also rare encounters. It feels like I've messaged every active person on this site for these two lol

I’m sad that I don’t see any threads for the earthbound(mother) games though 1 and 2 are available for the switch.

RWBY.

It's been a series that's slowly been dying since it first released in 2013. There's still some fans around, but most of them have long left the fandom by now. It used to be extremely popular back when it first dropped, but not so much anymore. I really hope that the new Ice Queendom animation pulls in more fans, but I'm not too hopeful.

I see a TON of SCP RPs advertised on Discord. Dunno how good they are, not being into that myself, but it'd be worth taking a look at Disboard or some of the various servers that are listing hubs.

As far as I go, I've never been able to find a vintage police RP (something like Hill Street Blues) and I struggle to find realistic, good quality Mafia RPs. The ones I have found all have toxic communities.

I would say currently can’t find anyone to play lucifer or bruce wayne

I’m in a bit of a dino kick so for me, it’s Jurassic Park or Land Before Time. I’d just love to do an RP with someone who’s interested in this!

Wreck-it Ralph never had a particularly large fanbase, but the RP scene is definitely dead in the water these days. My first non-forum RPs were Wreck-it Ralph RPs on Instagram (the community is also where I met the person who became my partner years later!!), and the Tumblr side of things used to be absolutely full of AU versions of Turbo. Good times were had.

Actually, Disney in general is hard to find unless it's Twisted Wonderland.

Other fandoms I never see RP threads for anymore include:

• Team Fortress 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Portal
  • Invader Zim
  • Creepypasta
  • Minecraft
  • DCAU (never had much interest but I remember seeing a lot more of these back then, especially for the animated Batman series!)
I'm not sure how many of these I would RP again, but they're all nostalgic to me and I miss them for it.

Wreck-it Ralph never had a particularly large fanbase, but the RP scene is definitely dead in the water these days. My first non-forum RPs were Wreck-it Ralph RPs on Instagram (the community is also where I met the person who became my partner years later!!), and the Tumblr side of things used to be absolutely full of AU versions of Turbo. Good times were had.

• Team Fortress 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Portal
  • Invader Zim
  • Creepypasta
  • Minecraft
  • DCAU (never had much interest but I remember seeing a lot more of these back then, especially for the animated Batman series!)
I'm not sure how many of these I would RP again, but they're all nostalgic to me and I miss them for it.
Wait back up there are threads for dc or even those that mention batman/batman series
Ik cause im one of those

Edit: just realized you might be new to the site. Sorry about that 😅

Wait back up there are threads for dc or even those that mention batman/batman series
Ik cause im one of those

Edit: just realized you might be new to the site. Sorry about that 😅
Yeah, I'm new, whoops. I guess I was thinking about other sites I've tried before coming here. Might need to take a second look at the RPs on offer, now that you mention it.

Seraph of the End
Inuyasha
Vampire Knight
Black Butler

I know they've been said already, but they're my favorites!

• Team Fortress 2
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Portal
  • Invader Zim
  • Creepypasta
  • Minecraft
Ya I also have trouble finding other Team Fortress 2 roleplayers and threads. I usually have to delve deep into the interwebs and spend more time then I should trying to find others who roleplay this fandom.

Yugioh rp partners. But! Bonus! The partners who don't mind crossovers with the Yugioh Spin-Offs.

Yugioh Duel Monster (Elitists) exist lol. They don't really want anything to do with the Spin-Offs after the original. (GX, VRAINS, ARC-5...etc)
It makes me sad because I have so many plots for them! And if I find anyone, they don't like any LGBT+ pairings which is an instant 'no' for me. ...Sigh, makes me even sadder.

There are a few for me that I miss and haven't really seen around lately:

*Madoka Magica - Plain and simple, they just haven't been made lately.

*Digimon - For me, digimon is a fandom dear to my heart not only as a big part of my childhood but also as the fandom that got me into RP in the first place. Finding a digimon roleplay that actually works for me has been difficult however, as when I tried searching I had little success in finding compatible partners and those group RPs that did appear were either using fandom characters or had a number of restrictions that turned me away.

*Boku No Hero (basic) roleplays - Just the baseline premise of my hero, that setting's hero academia. Whenever I see an RP of this fandom lately, they either shove the academy onto some other country or they make it a special ops unit or they go from the students to the heroes and villains on the scene. While I can appreciate people trying their own semi-original spin on the fandom, that essential premise is what I look forward to in this particular fandom.

There are a few for me that I miss and haven't really seen around lately:

*Madoka Magica - Plain and simple, they just haven't been made lately.

*Digimon - For me, digimon is a fandom dear to my heart not only as a big part of my childhood but also as the fandom that got me into RP in the first place. Finding a digimon roleplay that actually works for me has been difficult however, as when I tried searching I had little success in finding compatible partners and those group RPs that did appear were either using fandom characters or had a number of restrictions that turned me away.

*Boku No Hero (basic) roleplays - Just the baseline premise of my hero, that setting's hero academia. Whenever I see an RP of this fandom lately, they either shove the academy onto some other country or they make it a special ops unit or they go from the students to the heroes and villains on the scene. While I can appreciate people trying their own semi-original spin on the fandom, that essential premise is what I look forward to in this particular fandom.
Madoka Magica is great!! But a bit hard to have roleplay with unless someone has a major plot. Personally, I just want to be Kyubey and run around because Kyubey is fun. ^^

I was always curious about Digimon. I never watched the show (actually I did but completely forgot how everything worked because overprotective parents gave the show the boot because of metallic dinosaurs. Like. Sigh, thanks for ruining a possible fandom for me,)
but I always wanted to do a crossover with the Digimon world and other fandom AI characters I grew to love (so I roleplay them). That or a pokemon/Digimon crossover. I wasn't really picky, but I love crossovers! And apparently, a lot of people don't? Regardless, I wanted to learn about the Digimon world through a rp partner who really liked the show and thus wanted to show off their character (Canon or OC).

I find it relatable, about turning away from RPs due to the restrictions. I've walked away when the RP seems open to everyone but then says I have to make an OC when I just want to play my favorite fandom character and interact with everyone. (I was going to make them AU, to fit the setting, but...Well. Why bother if I can't even enter the roleplay?)
I personally love OCs (I've roleplayed with many fantastic original characters, but I simply don't like making/using my own. It's my own preference. Yet. The experience still feels like a brick wall. @v@'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back