Viewpoint What fandoms do you miss, or what are some you can't find partners for?

Winter Kakyoin

"I could've saved them... I really could've..."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I have notice that there are some fandoms that are hard to find nowadays. Some of these being:

Metalocalypse
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Creepypasta
SCP
80s Bands
It (and other horror fandoms)
Black Butler

I don't know if I'm maybe just looking in the wrong place, or if these fandoms are dying off completely. What are some fandoms you miss, or what are some you can't find partners for?

Transformers is probably the hardest fandom for me to find RPs for.

Game of Thrones as well.

When I began my roleplaying days years and years ago I use to go on this forum called Warrior Cats RPG. I made quite a few friends from those forums and it was the place that got my feet wet into roleplaying (Granted, I probably was too young to have been playing on the site anyways when I first started) While I moved on from it, I checked back from time to time, only to see that it's been archived and despite RPnation honorably trying to find a safe haven for the people who were completely shut off from the site... It never fullied recovered. Seems like the days of Warrior Cats RPs are sadly at an end. I look back on it in fondness, with bitter-sweet memories.

Conan the Barbarian
Judge Dredd
Mad Max
Warhammer 40k (the fandom is popular, but the cohesion is not there)
Star Wars, Old Republic setting
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

Also, this topic is essentially the same thing as

six of crows, httyd, the turning, ghostbusters, percy jackson! those are the ones i miss writing the most, but i seems there's no one out here to write them these days.

DIgimon has been the main one for me. It seems to be incredibly niche on RPN and it's hard to even get any DMs, let alone any roleplays going (1x1s only but seems there's a solid group scene for Digimon every now and then).

So many anime fandoms like No Game No Life, Madoka Magica, Kill La Kill, Higurashi: When They Cry, Soul Eater.. I tend to get into these things after the hype has died down and that's totally my fault but man what I wouldn't give for a good rp

Witcher, LoZ, Hollow Knight, and the Horizon games are all pretty uncommon. The Belgariad and Redwall books are hard too. Also Backrooms, which I have seen approximately one RP for which is on the official server.

Witcher, LoZ, Hollow Knight, and the Horizon games are all pretty uncommon. The Belgariad and Redwall books are hard too. Also Backrooms, which I have seen approximately one RP for which is on the official server.
I LOVE BACKROOMS. OMG. My Creepypasta OC literally lives there when she's not with Slender.

for me it’d have to be warrior cats, httyd, fire emblem, and undertale. i understand since the fandoms aren’t super active and would totally make threads if i wasn’t nervous about running a group rp or meeting new people for 1x1’s… OTL

When I began my roleplaying days years and years ago I use to go on this forum called Warrior Cats RPG. I made quite a few friends from those forums and it was the place that got my feet wet into roleplaying (Granted, I probably was too young to have been playing on the site anyways when I first started) While I moved on from it, I checked back from time to time, only to see that it's been archived and despite RPnation honorably trying to find a safe haven for the people who were completely shut off from the site... It never fullied recovered. Seems like the days of Warrior Cats RPs are sadly at an end. I look back on it in fondness, with bitter-sweet memories.
People still RP WC I've seen it thriving lately just honestly off this site 😅

for me it’d have to be warrior cats, httyd, fire emblem, and undertale. i understand since the fandoms aren’t super active and would totally make threads if i wasn’t nervous about running a group rp or meeting new people for 1x1’s… OTL

Yeah I miss HTTYD, Spyro (really niche fandom there 😂), The Dragon Prince, Slugterra, Power Rangers, or Rise of the Guardians.

A bit of a list but trust me finding people to rp those fandoms are really hard. Heck another one is ATLA/LoK but that's wavering between popular and unpopular from what I've seen because it's gaining a new fandom with the live action series.

Same with PJO. It's wavering between popular and unpopular with the announcement of it's live action adaptation of the books on D+

Reading all the fandoms eveyone is mentioning makes me realize how out of touch I am with newer fandom. I have no idea what 99% of what y'all are mentioning.

Reading all the fandoms eveyone is mentioning makes me realize how out of touch I am with newer fandom. I have no idea what 99% of what y'all are mentioning.
What are you confused on? I can explain most of the ones your lost on 🙂

What are you confused on? I can explain most of the ones your lost on 🙂
Let's see... I'ma compile a list off of what's been mentioned so far:

• JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Seen this mentioned on site a lot, actually. All I know is that its some kind of anime. Which is enough reason for me to not delve into it any further.
  • Creepypasta: Spooky Italian dish?
  • SCP: Acronyms could mean anything, so I'm lost here.
  • Black Butler: A little racist, no?
  • Tamora Pierce’s series: Books, I'm guessing?
  • Warrior Cats: I never heard of this before it was given its own subforum on the site. (Seems to me like it's Redwall or Watership Down... but with Cats. I could be wrong though.)
  • LoZ: Again with the ambiguous acronyms.
  • Hollow Knight: Sounds like a sad story of medieval nobility. lol
  • Horizon: Could be anything, really.
  • Backrooms: Shady backroom deals?
  • httyd: More acronyms.
  • undertale: As opposed to overmyth? lol
  • HTTYD: acronyms... again.
  • The Dragon Prince: Never heard of it
  • Slugterra: I imagine space slugs, for some reason.
  • Rise of the Guardians: never heard of it
  • ATLA/LoK: acronyms
  • PJO: acronyms!
  • Earthbound (mother 2): didn't even know about Mother 1

... Redwall books are hard too...
If you like Redwall, you'll probably like Mouseguard. I myself have had cravings for such a setting in the past: Medieval Mice in their tiny perspective of the world. I even made a map.
Waywood-map.jpg
Of course, I'm only ever looking for group-oriented rp

Last edited:
So many anime fandoms like No Game No Life, Madoka Magica, Kill La Kill, Higurashi: When They Cry, Soul Eater.. I tend to get into these things after the hype has died down and that's totally my fault but man what I wouldn't give for a good rp
I don't do fandom rps but MAN, Kill la Kill's setting could be so much fun with the right players. You'd need to find someone who can match the vibes, though, and that seems like a pretty hard task to me.

I don't do fandom rps but MAN, Kill la Kill's setting could be so much fun with the right players. You'd need to find someone who can match the vibes, though, and that seems like a pretty hard task to me.
You're absolutely correct, seeing as I haven't been able to find a single partner for that one (save for a long time one that just goes along with whatever my fixation is at the time, bless his heart). Ryuko's energy in particular seems a bit intimidating to play but if done right it could be a heck of a good time

Let's see... I'ma compile a list off of what's been mentioned so far:

• JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Seen this mentioned on site a lot, actually. All I know is that its some kind of anime. Which is enough reason for me to not delve into it any further.
  • Creepypasta: Spooky Italian dish?
  • SCP: Acronyms could mean anything, so I'm lost here.
  • Black Butler: A little racist, no?
  • Tamora Pierce’s series: Books, I'm guessing?
  • Warrior Cats: I never heard of this before it was given its own subforum on the site. (Seems to me like it's Redwall or Watership Down... but with Cats. I could be wrong though.)
  • LoZ: Again with the ambiguous acronyms.
  • Hollow Knight: Sounds like a sad story of medieval nobility. lol
  • Horizon: Could be anything, really.
  • Backrooms: Shady backroom deals?
  • httyd: More acronyms.
  • undertale: As opposed to overmyth? lol
  • HTTYD: acronyms... again.
  • The Dragon Prince: Never heard of it
  • Slugterra: I imagine space slugs, for some reason.
  • Rise of the Guardians: never heard of it
  • ATLA/LoK: acronyms
  • PJO: acronyms!
  • Earthbound (mother 2): didn't even know about Mother 1

If you like Redwall, you'll probably like Mouseguard. I myself have had cravings for such a setting in the past: Medieval Mice in their tiny perspective of the world. I even made a map.
Of course, I'm only ever looking for group-oriented rp
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: yeah I know nothing about this 😅

Creepypasta: Spooky horror stories. Can be anything from horrific monsters to video game characters. I'm not sure why creepypasta is the name they gave the collection of horror stories.

SCP: Secure. Contain. Protect. An organization that works in the shadows. They capture anonymous people and animals to research them. They also keep contained monsters that would end the world as we know it.

Black Butler: Another anime I know nothing about.

Tamora Pierce’s series: Book series I believe? Never heard of it.

Warrior Cats: Groups of cats that live in a society with a ranking system. Like water ship down with cats basically 😂

LoZ: Legend of Zelda. Video game. Long story to that one.
Hollow Knight: it's another game is all I know.
Horizon: Video game.

Backrooms: In a world where a company's project went awry as they tried to invent a pocket reality that could be used as infinite storage. The entrances to the backroom can open anywhere and close just as quickly. People "clip" through reality and find themselves trapped in the backroom with mysterious monsters that roam the halls. It's a really interesting concept and even has a video game about it.

httyd: How to train your dragon. A movie series about a viking who saves a dragon.

undertale: Another earth au. Where humans and monsters lived together long ago until a great war divided them and human mages sealed monsters underground using magic. The monsters lived until a human fell and through meeting other characters helps break the spell that traps them underground.

HTTYD: How to train your dragon again.

The Dragon Prince: Made by the people who made Avatar the last Airbender it's about a kingdom called Xadia where magical creatures and monsters live separate from the humans.

Slugterra: Underground world where magical slugs live. They have powers and people use them to fight. (think Pokemon meets beyblade)

Rise of the Guardians: Animated movie about Jack Frost, Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy and Sandman.

ATLA/LoK: Avatar the last Airbender/Legend of Korra (sequal to Avatar the last Airbender)

PJO: Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Book series by Rick Riordan.

Earthbound (mother 2): video game.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: yeah I know nothing about this 😅

Creepypasta: Spooky horror stories. Can be anything from horrific monsters to video game characters. I'm not sure why creepypasta is the name they gave the collection of horror stories.

SCP: Secure. Contain. Protect. An organization that works in the shadows. They capture anonymous people and animals to research them. They also keep contained monsters that would end the world as we know it.

Black Butler: Another anime I know nothing about.

Tamora Pierce’s series: Book series I believe? Never heard of it.

Warrior Cats: Groups of cats that live in a society with a ranking system. Like water ship down with cats basically 😂

LoZ: Legend of Zelda. Video game. Long story to that one.
Hollow Knight: it's another game is all I know.
Horizon: Video game.

Backrooms: In a world where a company's project went awry as they tried to invent a pocket reality that could be used as infinite storage. The entrances to the backroom can open anywhere and close just as quickly. People "clip" through reality and find themselves trapped in the backroom with mysterious monsters that roam the halls. It's a really interesting concept and even has a video game about it.

httyd: How to train your dragon. A movie series about a viking who saves a dragon.

undertale: Another earth au. Where humans and monsters lived together long ago until a great war divided them and human mages sealed monsters underground using magic. The monsters lived until a human fell and through meeting other characters helps break the spell that traps them underground.

HTTYD: How to train your dragon again.

The Dragon Prince: Made by the people who made Avatar the last Airbender it's about a kingdom called Xadia where magical creatures and monsters live separate from the humans.

Slugterra: Underground world where magical slugs live. They have powers and people use them to fight. (think Pokemon meets beyblade)

Rise of the Guardians: Animated movie about Jack Frost, Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy and Sandman.

ATLA/LoK: Avatar the last Airbender/Legend of Korra (sequal to Avatar the last Airbender)

PJO: Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Book series by Rick Riordan.

Earthbound (mother 2): video game.
cool. thanks for that. Especially the acronyms. I've heard of most of the acronyms, btw. Just didnt recognize it in abbreviated form.

cool. thanks for that. Especially the acronyms. I've heard of most of the acronyms, btw. Just didnt recognize it in abbreviated form.
My apologies. I wasn't sure if you did or not hence the brief explanation of each 😂

My apologies. I wasn't sure if you did or not hence the brief explanation of each 😂
no, its cool. i appreciate it. you didnt know, and took the time to briefly explain just in case. So I appreciate the effort :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back