• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Rose frowned at her card when she lost against the game-master. Dropping it onto the ground she walked back towards the wall and sat on the ground, leaning her back onto the rough stones. Jane gave her a small smile accompanied by a shrug and sat next to her. “Staying isn’t so bad. I still have my plan to get us out.” She said quietly, trying not to interrupt the others' turns. “At least we have each other.” Rose responded, putting an arm around her sister. She watched as Kadar drew his card and held back a chuckle when he lost. She almost let out her laugh when she saw his face as he processed that he drew a losing card. Jane was kicking around rocks on the ground when she heard the figure mention Liam’s name. She looked to Rose, worry etched across her face. Her sister met her eyes and frowned. “Don’t worry, he might save you again.” She said, attempting to calm her down. Turning back to watch the others, Rose smiled when Pozou won his drawing and hoped he would help them escape once he left. The figure drew cards for the other two women in the cell and thought what saving meant for them. The thing expressed too much excitement at their results and was thankful Jane chose to stay. Jane bit her lip, hoping that Liam wasn’t walking into the trap they were in.

Any hope she had was lost when she saw him approach on the other side of the bars. She took in his appearance and frowned. This wasn’t the Liam she knew. He was angry, almost feral and his red eyes scared her. Standing up, she watched as he attempted the widen the bars and let out a cry. “Liam stop! It’s no use. Go back and get help.” She pleaded, keeping her distance from him. Rose quickly stood up and instinctively placed herself in front of Jane. She turned to look at Daisy who was now free from the bracelet and felt relief. With her, Amal, and Liam, they were sure to find a way to escape. “Jane, stay behind me. That’s not our Liam and I’d rather not kill him if he hurts you.” She said, frowning as she studied the man. Jane hesitated before nodding and looked at Liam as she found her knife on her belt.

Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Fred Colon Fred Colon

matilda-fiship-tacher.jpg

Aedzel Phriln

"Valentine, that's a pretty name." She commented whilst looking forward, pleased that they had reached their destination. She let go of Valentine and scuttled over to Amalia, wanting to help with the rope.

Aedzel frowned at the question, it's not like she knew the man well but she couldn't help but agree. "He did seem rather off. I admit that I don't know him as much as everybody else but there's something about the way he smiled that unsettled me." She answered while fiddling with her thumbs and her wings snuggled closer to her body.

"He seemed so different, and I feel like his legs healed too quickly. I've never seen an injury heal that fast." She said to them, she'd seen her fair share of things as such, a few people she'd met and known throughout her time traveling wherever.

"What about you, Freya, what do you think?"

mention: Kiel || interaction: Arcanist Arcanist Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Taigakitt Taigakitt

20201201_124833.jpg

Ayana tensed when the monster threatened the group, breathing deep when she examined the unstable ceiling and stared him down. He was such a manipulative bastard, putting the group between rocks and hard places, threatening to collapse the cavern if the adventurers defended themselves. He mentioned so many names too — so many innocent people who were probably captured or worse!

"Fírima mí assa" Ayana muttered under her breath, cursing the demon and his methods. He was so detestable, and her hatred was clear when she narrowed her eyes, staring him down when she screamed "WE DONT WANT YOUR HELP! LEAVE US ALONE!"

Ayana exhaled and glanced back to Gwen, whispering "I'm sorry" before marching forward, stopping when cold water soaked her shoes. The monster was so close she could feel darkness closing around her, and her face contorted with contained anger — hatred pouring out when she snapped "I know you want to capture us, so you may not pass this line! I warn you not to test us!" Then she kneeled, stabbed an arrow into the ground and looked to the ranger "Word as bond I will not hesitate! And whatever you do, do not drop your bow!" Her tone exuded steely confidence and overwhelming anger.

When the arrow was secured she stood straight and stared through the monster again, shouting "If you're going to help us anyway, support the cavern from afar and we will tunnel up without your assistance. If not then stop playing silly games and attack!"

Ayana breathed deep to ease her anger, and when she stopped breathing fire she addressed Obsidian. "Please prepare a dome Obby. We may need to hunker down if the cavern collapses!" Then she glanced between everyone else and mentioned "But if there's enough time we must flee through the caves!"

Her tone wavered because the caves were too dangerous — there was no telling what called them home. But heading through spooky darkness beat getting smashed by stones, or captured by demonic clowns.

Calicus was less animated though, focusing on his work and nothing more. He only managed a "Yes of course" when the young mage spoke, barely registering her words. However he was sharp enough to hear Celestine and answered "You'll do fine ma'am, just make sure the tunnel walls are solidified! Look for cracks and seal them, and condense the tunnel walls as you go. It's like compacting a snowball! It should be easy once you get the hang of it!"

(OOC NOTE)

Fírima mí assa = Die in a hole

Sarahspn Sarahspn
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
Taigakitt Taigakitt
Lost Echo Lost Echo
Pik Pik

Last edited:

• 4d953c95d95284cf368e44614a9757951aa9c99ev2_00.jpg337d1ade0c87309357ca6c17a9e4172a.jpg

Tags:
    Valentine ( Arcanist Arcanist ) Aezdel ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum ) Freya ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Amalia ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ) Kuma ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )
    ~ Approaching Group ~
    Blissful Death || Helena's CS File

The man that grabbed him was quick to release him when he had a staff to his neck. He wished that all the people they ran across were that easy. He saw the mirth in the man’s eyes as he jumped backwards getting lost in the crowd. He held his arm before looking Kuma in the eyes.

“Thank you”

He didn’t know her well but Helena had not quite trusted her but accepted her. It was more than what she would usually give their traveling companions, and it was more than enough for him. He let her see a shaky smile of his before he started on again.

“We should get going, we don't want a repeat after all.”

With that he headed towards Helena’s retreating back, stopping only to look back for Kuma at times.

----

She found herself surrounded by the crowd. Even the trident didn’t create enough space for the woman. She could feel the people brushing past her and she did her best to not swat at them. She might love the city but she loved the atmosphere, not whatever odd small family vibes this overgrown problem town was aiming at showing. She couldn’t decide if they were too friendly or not enough. At this point she just wanted proof they weren’t insane.

She got it in the face of a familiar woman. The concern she saw in Freya’s face was a reminder that they weren’t the only ones going through this fever dream. She turned suddenly and the trident clanked behind her. She took it off her back and raised it pointing it towards where she was headed, intending for Kuma and Roland to follow after they gave the shade of the man she once knew the slip.

She sheathed the trident and rushed forwards her boots hitting the pavement as she ran after Freya. She came to a stop as the group stood before her.

“There you are… oof. Where… where are the others? What’s with the rope?”

She spoke in a huff and brushed off her dress as she heard the sounds of footsteps behind her. Roland made his way to her side.

“Miss Freya!”

Pozou Artith
Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith (Liam), Sarahspn Sarahspn (Jane/Rose), Jet Jet (Kadar), Fred Colon Fred Colon (Daisy), Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider (Amal) | Interactions: Taigakitt Taigakitt (???)
(credit to @letoyga! for this commission!)

Pozou complete.png
Pozou held his breath as he waited for the results of the card. He had simply expected to get a similar result to the others, to be subjected to whatever cruel fate these people had in store for him. But when he heard his result and found out he was freed, he was rather surprised, and was almost about to celebrate. That was until he remembered the others didn't share the same fate.

And that went for Amalgahsett and Daisy, who learned they were to be 'saved', whatever that meant. Though, it seemed as if Daisy wasn't going to take their fate lying down. Pozou looked between Daisy and Amalgahsett, and up at the figure on the ceiling, still clutching that chef knife. He wasn't so confident Daisy would get to use her powers so quickly, not if that knife plunged into Daisy quicker than what the pair could handle.

Worse yet, Liam had arrived, much more feral, and much more dangerous than he ever seemed to be. That only meant a lot of things for this shadow creature to try and fight against. So, Pozou thrust his hand forward towards the shadowy creature.

"J-just take it off," Pozou told the card master, looking up at him and swallowing back, "then, I'll be out of your hair. Or...shadow." He hoped that perhaps gave the other two some time to prepare whatever magic they needed to use, now that their bracelets were off.

• tumblr_pyz2w3gy0m1sbia0jo2_r1_400.jpeg

Tags:
    Hubyr, Stone, Yo ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Leone ( Jet Jet ) Vaal ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Luna ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) Nezumi ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )
    ~ Church Basement ~
    Glitter & Gold || Sigurd's CS File

He didn’t know if the group was warming up to each other or not but it was far less important to him than his own and Hubyr’s goals. Luna was lovely and another to watch over but he had no doubt the woman could pull her own weight if push came to shove. As for the rest, well he would have said they could find their own way if not for the implications dangled in front of him from this Lawrence person.

“I see. I seemed to have missed quite a bit since parting ways from the group. I’m quite surprised. I would have never imagined the woman Hubyr had been looking for was with Richard all along. Or that he would collect a thug… But I suppose he has never quite been picky.”

He gazed upon the group. A Momerki, good senses there a fine addition. A woman with horns, an easterner? She was likely another strong addition. Yet this Lawrence and this thug? What was their purpose in it? Did things get so dire that they would need this many to their caravan? Were they meant to be idle bait?

"What do you mean why we are wanted? What has the Inquisition started?"

Skadi took the moment to remind him of her presence as she screeched at the top of her lungs. He placed his hands over his ears with a grimace. He heard the footfalls of another group approaching. Was it the church after them? He let loose a wave of magic to the floor as earth spikes came up surrounding the three.

"Skadi- STOP! Okay, okay we're leaving. Hubyr! Luna! Someone's coming."

sayid-2.jpg

Kadar despised cheaters, and surprise surprise the monster was one too. His cards were too convenient, making sure the doctor won instead of someone strong — what an obvious scam that was. Kadar saw through the game, and with mounting rage he snapped "You think I'm stupid eh? You expect me to believe these cards are random? Fuck you! You're luck's too good! Deal again without cheating and let's see what happens!"

But his mood changed when the geomancer damaged the door, creating an opportunity to escape. The pleasant surprise had him smirking and scanning the room, locking eyes with the demon when he teased "Haha, now you're fucked!"

His taunt echoed through the dungeon when he looked to Daisy, ignoring her mixblood assistant when he mumbled "A dozen thanks" Then he confidently approached the door, looking to escape when another monster suddenly slammed into the bars!

"Fucking snakemen" Kadar cursed when the untamed beast pressed through the opening. He was a complete savage. The others knew him too which made things even more confusing, because now Kadar was sure they were a circus troupe. There were so many animals among them, intermixed with humans like some kind of beastial freakshow.

Kadar hated how northerners mingled with mixbloods, even though they were ferocious savages. The snakeman was a prime example, acting like an escaped zoo animal. What a mess this was. Kadar was done dealing with these people and shouted "These fucking beasts... compose yourself creature!" He sounded pissed and stepped back, looking around at the others. They were so concerned it was cute... what a bunch of bleeding hearts.

At least the redhead was thinking clear, baring her teeth when she mentioning killing the snake. Kadar was on the same page and grabbed a rock from the ground, nodding "When you stab him, thrust up against his hide, then your blade will slip through his scales. I have experience with his kind!" He sounded concerned but only about himself, then launched his stone at the guard as Liam lunged forward.

That was the best he could do without weapons or magic, and bending down he grabbed more rocks and threw them at the demon, hoping they would connect and do serious damage.

Meanwhile, Tammond watched from the back corner and answered "I'm staying out of this nightmare for now Daisy. I fight worse than a handicapped grandma so you guys settle this. Get me out and we can use my boat to ditch this fucked town! Deal?"

Arcanist Arcanist Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt Fred Colon Fred Colon Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
Kuma/Korina

Hospital
April 20th, afternoon
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Helena, Ro) Taigakitt Taigakitt (Freya) Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel) Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Amalia) Arcanist Arcanist (Valentine)
Currently imitating Vanessa Wagner's face without hair; the likeness is difficult to tell
Kuma still did not read humans well. But not all Matunga had her eyes. And mirth, mirth seemed to be clear. That man’s even more so. She nodded, following Ro with a stone in her chest. Something was wrong with this place. As she followed the child through the crowds, careful to keep an eye on him, she made sure to move one behind her. She could not trust these people. She did not trust the Others of this world anyway. Not truly. But there were behaviors, patterns that she could rely on them making. There were anomalies, for they were technically sentient, but the whole would stay in their mold. But this, even without Nezumi’s warning, alarm bells were ringing. She could not trust any of these people. It was as if they were puppets of Kul. Was she displeased with them for her failure? Had she put this before them to test them? Would this be beyond them? Many of Kul’s tests were.

Minua, she wanted to flee. She wanted to tell Nezumi to meet her and flee. Perhaps she could return to that forest earlier. There were plenty of fish, a wintry island to feel comfortable in, she’d love it. What good was her word and honor in this strange land? But she could not. Ro, or perhaps her name was Dorothea, though Kuma doubted Helena would risk using her real name, was a pup. And she would keep her safe. Especially until she reached her pack. And Helena, Stinger as Nezumi had dubbed her, was...good. Beautiful. And Ayana and Kiel, they felt like pack. They were somewhere in this mess of a town.

Her eyes caught the trident, immediately shifting direction to follow Ro to where Helena wanted them to go. And there was another Freya. She had kept Nezumi safe while they were apart. She had already trusted this woman with her soul, it was no hardship to do so once more. Her eyes reviewed those with the woman, trying to track where she had been. Was that towards the lodge? Yes. But where had Freya gone today? The knight, still decorated and armored, and one of those bird folk. Plus another, shit, did she truly not care enough about the company to not recognize them all? Or was this one a “friend” like Helena’s doll-er?

Stopping seemed dangerous to Kuma. They could still warn-- “No.” The quiet word came out, without her moving anything, instead standing stiff. The man looking for Richard spoke of someone new, but Nezumi could hear people--or worse coming. Her bonded reassured that she would abandon them if need be, though Kuma could feel her affection for her ride--Leone. Shaking a bit, she resettled, focusing on the group. “We need to get out of here.” She wanted to specify this town. She wanted to scream. Or grab or--Her oki fluttered as she exhaled slowly. Here was all she could say. The villagers here had already proven to eavesdrop and interrupt.

Obsidian
Cave of the Giant’s Bones
April 20th, afternoon
Taigakitt Taigakitt (Smilie) Sarahspn Sarahspn (Gwen) Pik Pik (Lorrin) Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Celestine) Jet Jet (Ayana and Calicus)
Somehow, for how contorted her body is (nearly a third of it bent forward), Obsidian was still comfortable. She knew how to use her back as it brushed the stone above her as a conduit for her magic, strengthening it. Her arms could reach most of the rest of the tunnel, her flexibility enough to reach the ground. The incline was awkward, somehow less than she was used to, despite her never remembering doing this before, but still, her hands knew how to shape rough handholds. They took a bit of time, so she did only a few, promising to make more if needed. They did not take as long as she would have anticipated, as if it was rote to even her magic.

In the cavern, the arguing continued, echoing down the tunnel as she worked. To trust or not? To fight or not? She certainly agreed with Gwendolyn. How would one fight this thing? The creature's magic was greater than hers, for he was doing more than she could. And Obsidian was not sure if it was more than shadows. Let it help if it wanted. Do not insult it into rescinding its protection. But each word brought them closer to a cave-in. A true one, for what had happened had not truly been. There was no worry about saving air. There was no darkness where even when touching your face you could not see your hand.

For a moment, perhaps less than, her vision went dark, a heaviness seeming to press around her. And a voice, her own? reminding her, Don’t waste air! Within the next blink and an exhale--for it happened too fast to gasp--her vision returned. She paused her hands in the rock, for seconds after. What was that? It felt like a memory, but at the same time, she did not remember it. Had her creator imprinted the knowledge she would know what to do? How could he have known she would need to know what to do, what it was like waking, time, sight, all unknowns. With only earth.

She knew if she had enough warning, to draw the earth around them as if a dome. It had to be as small as possible, but none inside should touch. Not even here. Though all their magic would go to securing the rock, it would take the beating instead.

Little Ayana’s anger burned fiercely. Obsidian would even have labeled it, hatred. For all the elf had bothered, the golem. With her bluntness (and insistence of thinking she were an elf too) never had Obsidian thought she could truly hate. Abyssal one. The creature even confirmed it. Ayana evidently had dealt with ones like it before. And she knew the safety precautions of a cave-in. Looking at those before her in the tunnel, she reached out to touch the water one’s shoulder. It was cool, damp from her time in the water. Was she cold? “Ayana seems to know what that is.” Perhaps that was obvious to the syphid, but the golem felt the information needed to be shared. “I may be of more help out there.” She allowed the princess to pass the information on, as well as decide what would be best for the other two. The tunnel would take longer yet. Would it be best if they followed? It would be easier to defend. If the creature released its magic, the tunnel should hold. But without her in it, she could not be sure. And if they were to flee deeper into these caves, then would they be able to exit the tunnel faster? They had already left Freya to return, to what? Not even a sign.

She backed out of the tunnel smoothly, her heart dropping as she recalled what the creature had said. Freya had met with Kiel? Who was walking? Wait, was he grabbing the rope? Then was Frey--she realized she had believed the creature. Even if he did know Kiel, even if he’d helped him. How would he know what he or Freya were doing? She was being stupid. She had to focus to keep everyone safe. She stood beside the end of the tunnel, her back to the group. There was so much distance! A dome needed to be as small as possible, then it would take less energy to keep it strong. She was wary of attracting its attention by walking towards the trio, but she could think of no other way. She reached out into the rock first, using her hands as a starting point to make it easier, then keep her magic in the ground as she returned to the three.

celestine.png
Celestine Oceania

Although Calcius's words were meant to be reassuring, they only caused Celestine more worry. All the encouragement, support, and praise she had growing up whenever she did, well, anything, had given the princess the ability to try new things with confidence. Whenever she had done so in the past, had she failed, she would have simply been instructed on the correct way of doing it and then encouraged to try again. This time though, failure could lead to dire consequences, and her usual confidence wasn't there.

She heeded the old man's words and did as he said. A snowball was not the best metaphor for her, as they didn't get snow under the sea, but on the occasion she had gone ashore to bask on beaches, she had sculpted things from wet sand. Celestine assumed the two materials were similar enough, and tried her best to apply the experience of packing a mound of sand to solidifying the tunnel walls.

She tried her best to focus on the work in front of her, but couldn't help overhearing the exchange between her allies and the newcomer. Bits and pieces of the conversation stayed in her mind, but she was able to gather Lorrin and Ayana remained wary of the creature while Gwen wanted to ask it for help. The syphid couldn't help but see herself uttering words similar to those of the archers, and could even imagine herself going forth and striking. She found herself agreeing more and more with Gwen's cautious approach to the situation, and was thankful the woman was there to at least attempt to mediate. When Gwen accepted the stranger's aid, Celestine felt at least a little bit more hopeful about the situation. This situation was extremely dire, and even if the jester wanted to capture them, their next situation may be easier to escape from, or at least wouldn't have death looming over them. Ideally, thy could just use it as a stall and free themselves from being buried alive before they fall into the dark one's mitts. Letting out a small sigh of relief, she strived to express gratitude for Gwen's ploy by doing her best to follow Calcius's instructions, though not before feeling some amount of dissonance for being thankful to and feeling she needed to learn from a land dweller.

Celestine was so deep in her concentration that she jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She glanced behind her to see it was Obsidian before returning her eyes to her work in front of her. Upon hearing the words though, she almost caused the wall she was working on to crumble. "W-what?!" she questioned, stopping and fully turning around. Did Obsidian also want to agitate the one who held their lives in their hand? "But I'm not good with earth..." Before she could protest, the self-proclaimed golem had already taken off. The syphid let out an exasperated sigh, continuing to do her best on what Calcius had instructed. "Obsidian is helping the others..." she passed on as the other woman had asked before praying to every god she could think of to let them escape this situation alive.

Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt Lost Echo Lost Echo Pik Pik

Lorrin Yumi
comm_pik_Full_colour.jpg

Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Lost Echo Lost Echo

"Haha, you think I'm a dam foul I haven't shared that dream with any member of the group at least not the ones you've spoken of, now stay out of my head creature!" The string on Lorrin's bow gets pulled rather tightly the slight of losein of the grip will send the arrow flying in the direction of the creature. There was no way he would let this thing get any closer to them regardless of if its attentions were pure or not. Sweet was starting to poor around his head this situation is starting to get way too stressful for even him to deal with, I guess his brother was right about him not being a good negotiator, I guess he's lucky Gwen was here to have that covered. Listening to Gwen's words broke him momentary from the madness inside his head, he knew she was right but didn't want to believe it. "I don't know about you but mind-reading and claiming he can drop the earth on us at any given second isn't very civil." He lowers his grip angrily but still keeping the arrow knocked "I trust you have the situation covered Gwen but if this goes poorly it's on you. And!" He looks at the creature sternly "The bow stays where it is!"

The Dungeon and the Decision
Involved: Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn Arcanist Arcanist Fred Colon Fred Colon Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider EldridSmith EldridSmith

Gambler.JPGKadar shouted angry words, claiming they were cheating, “No no. We don’t cheat. We used to. Cheating is no fun anymore. Liam is almost here though, and we’ll show you we don’t cheat with another draw!

Daisy’s words grabbed the figure’s attention, who had dropped from the ceiling not long ago, to which they giggled at, “We may have lost our minds millennia ago. We do what we please, and right now, we please for a card game~

They didn’t bother stopping Daisy from using her magic, since they now turned to Pozou, who had thrust his hand out towards them.

Could their smile go any wider? No, but it definitely got brighter as it hissed in glee. “Great! Thanks! We shall ‘take it off.’

When Liam slammed into the bars, the figure just twisted their head completely around, similar to an owl to stare at them and at the same time as they swung the chef’s knife onto Pozou’s arm, just behind the bracelet, maybe quicker than human eyes could see as they cheered, “Obliged!” The knife disappeared almost instantly after slicing through like butter, the Quetzola’s hand dropping to the floor with a clatter from the bracelet.

Oh! He’s arrived!” They referred to Liam. If Liam was paying attention, the voice had a very similar cadence to the beak masked figure he had run into not long ago. “Great! Though, he looks incapable of drawing a card. We do for him, yes yes.” They threw a card at the snakeman’s direction, where it would smack Liam’s forehead and stick there for a second, revealing a 3 of clubs, which got them giggling with delight. Usually those are easy to beast. A card by their feet flipped to show a two of hearts, which had the figure hum in contemplation, “Well, alright. You don’t gain a bracelet.” They waved a hand in the air, turning their face back to meet the group, so their back was towards the snake man.

Now, we must tend to those who get to be saved, since we have two without their bracelets.” They tilted their head and stepped away from the handless Pozou and started to approach, shadows seeping below their feet and slithering toward Amalgahsett and Daisy. They pretty much ignored Liam. The rocks thrown at them definitely made contact, but there was notation about whether they were pained by a silly stoning or not.

Last edited:
Freya, Jester

FreyaCrop.pngFreya listened to Amalia’s questions and concerns, quickly responding back, “The hole was quite deep, but we’ll see what we can do. Obsidian is there, so she can probably help.” With the concern on Kiel, Freya’s mouth set into a hard line, “It was very strange. This whole town has been strange. It’s like everyone who resides here has one personality, and suddenly Kiel fit the mold?” If that made sense.

She picked up the conversation between the Quetzola woman… Aedzel, is she recalled correctly and the blonde person. Freya couldn’t tell what they might even be referred to as, and a name like “Valentine” was gender-neutral enough that Freya decided to not dwell on it. They were who they were.

It’s hard to explain, but Kiel wouldn’t seem so nonchalant about the cave in, and probably wouldn’t have suggested travelling in a sewer.

Helena had come bounding up, with her daughter and Kuma not far behind her. Freya didn’t bother slowing down, but speed-walked and talked, “There was a cave-in. We need to get to them before it’s too late or another tremor happens.” What she knew about earthquakes was that the ground wouldn’t be suddenly stable just because the earth stopped shaking. She didn’t want to run the risk of stopping just for a second and that second meant life or death.

Freya half-expected Helena and company to continue following if they so wished. She normally would have explained more, but there were lives on the line and this wasn’t the time.

Soon, they got to the location and she lead them carefully to the hole in the underground, though upon approaching, she heard a cackle from an almost disembodied voice, a tone impossible to discern if male or female she couldn’t recognize, and it sounded like it was coming down below with the group.

If her high alert status wasn’t at peak, it was now, and when peaking over the edge, she couldn’t see anything but two white dots glowing with a semi-circle spear under the dots. Can’t see in the dark as a human, nor did she have the best of eyes anymore.

Amalia, they fell down here!

She cupped her hands around her mouth, “Is everyone still okay? What was that voice!?” Sweat beaded her forehead as she grew ever concerned.

~*~​

Jester.JPGThe dark figure looked at Gwendolyn, their head returning properly to their shoulders, “We would rather not go back. We want to venture back out here! It’s been so long since we’ve been out here. So much has changed, it has! The newbies can’t explain things well enough for us to know, so we came out to see for ourselves, we did!

They then moved where they were on their feet, but it was not accompanied by any hops. Their body just floated back to being upright.

Ayana seemed vehemently against their help, to which the being just shrugged their shoulders, holding their hands up in a position, as if ready to snap.

When Ayana approached, they tilted their head again with a cackle, “We cannot reach the tunnel from here. But we cannot help without all approving so~

They snapped, just when Freya had shouted down into the hole. A rumble shook the cavern. The magic Obsidian might have felt all but gone now, the loose boulder becoming dislodged, aiming to crash down into the cold, salty water.

Have fun being crushed! We will talk with- oh it’s Freya!” They giggled with glee as they started skipping in a circle. Each skip up, they would float higher and higher into the air, leaving the group stuck in the hole to deal with the rest of the cave in and the splashing wave that would come from the boulder cracking past the frozen surface they had created.

Eventually, pretty quickly despite the drop, they would decide to hop up the rest of the way, landing behind Freya, that bright smile and eyes facing the others, “Hello new friends and buddies!” They held their arms up in delight, one foot going behind them, dangerously close to a surprised Freya, who was drawing her axe into her hands.

Nearby, a scuttling soft hissing sound could be heard, as if a rat had made babies with a snake and then had more legs than four.

rp.jpg

Gwendolyn bit her tongue at the response of her teammates. Why won’t anyone listen to me? She caught Ayana’s apology and turned away taking a deep breath. She needed to think clearly and not with her emotions. Shifting her weight as she thought, she was reminded of the pain encasing her leg and grimaced. You can’t waste energy on yourself. Biting her lip, she turned back to the group and watched Obsidian step away to follow Ayana’s directions. The fear inside her grew as she looked to Calicus and Celestine struggling to quickly dig out. “We can’t go through the caves. Digging is our only way out and you won’t listen.” Gwen said, her patience running thinner than the bitter air around them. She heard the monsters lurking in the caves and knew a fate worse than being crushed awaited them. Turning on her heel to Lorrin, her eyes narrowed. “I don’t care how they know everyone’s name. I care about getting out of here alive and your brashness is going to get us killed. I take full responsibility on my part if it turns on us but I will never take the blame for my companions firing first on a creature who has yet to harm us. Yes, they’re keeping the cavern from collapsing but they could have crushed us since the moment we were spotted. Take their grace and calm the hell down!” At this point, the mage was almost yelling. Her fists were balled and glowing a light blue, a telltale sign that her emotions were getting the best of her. Keeping her eyes narrowed she looked to the jester and let out a huff, her breath turning into fog. Freya’s voice caught her attention and she felt relief wash over her. They had another person to help and hopefully, she brought others with her.

Her relief was quickly cut short when the jester snapped and the rocks began falling. “Damn you!” She screamed as the rock made contact with the water, the splash drowning out her voice. The demon hopped out of the cavern and she let out an exasperated sigh. She couldn't worry about the ones above as her group was just thrown into a dire situation. She quickly scanned the parts of the ceiling she could see and watched cracks rapidly run across the surface, giving way for more rocks to fall. Without thinking, she grabbed Ayana and Lorrin’s arms and began dragging them towards Obsidian. Freezing water hit her back and she drew in a sharp breath, ignoring the shock. “Create the dome, now!” She yelled putting the two near the golem. She stepped away and heard the sound of a creature coming closer. She didn’t recognize it’s step pattern and bit her lip. She spotted the tunnel that Celestine and Calicus were in and frantically ran into the entrance. “We need to reinforce these walls as much as we can.” She said, focusing her energy on her hands. Small rocks from outside the tunnel floated towards her and quickly stacked on top of each other, creating a wall in the entrance. Balling her fists, the rocks compressed against each other, becoming more solid and Gwen let out a breath. The sound of rocks splashing into the water could be heard through the wall and she said a silent prayer for the three inside the dome. Turning back to the guide and syphid, she sighed and cast a small lumen spell that rested in her hand. It provided enough light to see the others clearly. Her face was painted with worry and loss, having no idea what to do next.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo Pik Pik

1592972290302.png As his feral side Lunged towards him he felt small and weak and unable to do anything to stop it other than run, but no matter how fast he ran he couldn't escape. Just like he couldn't keep running from his problems, he couldn't keep letting his feral side take care of everything difficult for him like he always did. For the first time he realized how much of a coward he had become, and while his childhood created this problem, he shouldn't have let his fears and issues rule him. And for the first time in his life he turned around to face his problems. "I WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE CONTROL ANYMORE!!!" Liam roared at the snake as it pounced on him, swatting at it with his tail with closed eyes. After the attack there was silence as he slowly opened his eyes and found the once giant snake small and wounded, glaring at him before retreating. "I'll always come back..."

Liam stopped thrashing and his eyes slowly returned to normal as he began taking in the situation and looking around. Daisy looked at him with concern, Rose with wariness, Jane with concern... maybe even fear, a stranger with contempt, and a strange shadowy person with... an unexplainable expression. Suddenly he clutched his head as some of the sounds and words he didn't hear came pouring in... perhaps his feral side was right he was naive to think it would work with Jane, after all he was a monster. However he shoved his doubting thoughts aside for now to try and save them and... he was slapped in the face with a card leaving him confused. "Hold on I can pry the bars open to let you out!" He yelled upon seeing the others being attacked by stones. He didn't have time to process all that he had missed, he needed to save them.

Fred Colon Fred Colon Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Sarahspn Sarahspn Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt

Amal

Everything had begun to unravel, while those around her had played their game it had become increasingly obvious that things were far from in their favor even if some had lost their bracelets. Even in winning it was obvious that these creatures intended to cause immense suffering to them as she watched the other Quetzola's hand come off. Amal's eyes went wide at the scene and immediately she moved her hands from being ready to collapse the ceiling into a position at her side. Mouthing a verbal component of something her hands began to move as her wings folded tightly against her back. Taking a deep breath she allowed a moment of weakness as she closed her eyes and looked inward to find what she needed.

Opening her eyes she saw the shapes coming towards her and her mind suddenly burst into activity as she feared for her life. Fight or flight kicked in and immediately she took to the flight aspects of it though with a twist. Her clawed hands grabbed the wall behind her allowing her to hoist herself up against it, her taloned feet gripping it as well as her wings opened and beat once causing a torrent of air pressure to form behind her. The formation of this pocket was bent by her magic, causing it to rise even more before Amal released it in a torrent of forwarding momentum. Kicking off the wall and towards the hole that had been made in the cell, she pulled her wings in as she put herself into a spin. Pushing her wings out she angled them to allow her to keep spinning as she pushed the air she was being propelled through into a cone of outward force effectively pushing what was in front of her out of the way and giving her a clear avenue of escape.

The wave of air being pushed around her slammed into the hole she passed through causing it to open up more while also causing all the dust, grime, dirt, and particles that were laying about the old dungeon into the air as she rushed past, carrying all of it behind her and through the cell effectively giving her a dust screen of sorts as she slammed into hallway wall a little harder than she wanted. Stumbling for a split second she gathered herself before turning and following the rush of air that came back towards the massive pressure differential she had created in the dungeon effectively showing her a more or less quick route to where ever an exit to the surface would be.

Fred Colon Fred Colon EldridSmith EldridSmith Sarahspn Sarahspn Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt

Valentine
Mentions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel), BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Helena/Ro), Lost Echo Lost Echo (Kuma) | Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Amalia), Taigakitt Taigakitt (Freya)

Valentine.jpg

Valentine followed behind Aedzel, wanting to see if there was anything they could do to help with the rope. On the further conversation on Kiel, Valentine frowned themselves, wondering just what it was that could have prompted such a quick personality change. Perhaps Kiel himself was a thespian in the making, but they regarded that as a far-fetched conclusion. That and the confusion around their leg healing all too quickly seemed to raise even more suspicions.

What a mystery this was turning out to be!

"Strange..." Valentine mused, repeating Freya's words, sloshing the word inside their mouth as they thought on it. They hadn't thought the town as strange, simply...quirky. Each city and settlement and town that Valentine and the troupe had visited each had their own quirks and things going on with them. But strange, and especially how the people acted strangely, did unsettle Valentine, just a little. They hoped it was nothing serious, nothing big, but then they couldn't be so sure about it.

As they continued on, two women, and a younger girl, had joined the fray. Valentine had no time to ask for their names, who they were, how they knew this Freya or the rest of them, as much as they were desperate to do so. After all, the cave-in and the tremors happening took more precedence naturally.

Once arriving at the hole leading underground, Valentine figured they were about to ready the rope.

Until they heard the cackle.

Not long after Freya had shouted down the hole, that something took hold of the cavern and shook it violently. Clearly, whatever was below the town was collapsing, and Valentine struggled to keep themselves on their feet. It wasn't long before something else had hopped out of the hole - a shadowy figure in the guise of a jester - and landed behind Freya, squealing with impish glee.

Valentine's hand reached towards their sword, and they thanked the gods it wasn't a prop. Authenticity was extremely important to their troupe, and only the finest, realistic props were used. Plus, they knew how to use it too!

"Watch out, you fiend! We'll make sure you--!"

Though, they didn't finish, for the sound of scuttling, and a cold dread had suddenly made its home in Valentine's stomach. It was the kind of when you were lying in bed, late at night, and you heard something run across the floor in the cold, silent darkness around you. "W-what's that sound?!"

Last edited:
Hubyr, Stone, Yo

Hubyr.jpgThanks to Luna’s whisperings, Hubyr thought about it for a moment. So, it wasn’t normal? He wouldn’t have really guessed. Though, with the outside world being… “strange,” then surely a girl could slip by some guards in such a situation?

At least she voiced her opinion of agreeance. The underground was definitely getting under his skin.

With Lawrence (Leone) claiming that Ayana was wanting to be missing, he shook his head, irritated, “I believe that isn’t your business.” He narrowed his eyes. He didn’t know the truth of why Ayana was gone, and searching for Ayana was a top priority for him. Some human wasn’t about to tell him otherwise. But, if she was with this very same group that Sigurd was looking for, could that mean they kidnapped her? Or worse, ran away?

Finally, the rather large, blue beast calmed his ass down. With the church possibly on their back, along with a possible weakened ground state, there was no going backwards.

With Sigurd’s warning, Hubyr snatched Luna back up and over his shoulder, not nearly as graceful as he had prior to. Though, that had to have been quite the sight. A tall, buff forest elf picking up a hybrid savanna woman taller than himself? She wasn’t heavy.

Listen to the man, go!”

There were more than Centosian humans here, so if they were anything like him, they probably couldn’t hear Skadi either, though he bet Lawrence (Leone) could.

Yo by Nona.jpgNot one to delay when told to get going, especially in creepy places, Yo turned tail. As long as the path would be the same, there was less fright, “No need to tell me twice!” She squeaked.

Stone narrowed his eyes at the trio, his whiskers pulling forward. His body expression could probably be conveyed as “I’ve got my eyes on you” before he turned around and followed after the Dragonfolk woman, Yo.

At a crossroads, Yo stopped abruptly when her pointed ears caught voices coming down the way. Stone lowered his body, his hands slipping into his pockets.

The voices walking down all seemed to be entering from the catacomb entrance. The footfalls were casual, the conversations as well.

Did it get darker in here? Yo squinted towards the direction they came, “Is it normal for civilians to come in hordes into a place like this?” Her voice was a hushed whisper, directed behind her.

Last edited:
pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Rose turned her head to Kadar and frowned. “I don’t want to kill him.” She sneered, disgusted by the man's first instinct of calling their companion a beast. Letting out a huff, she looked past him to watch Pozou get his bracelet taken off. Gasping in horror, she watched the knife glide past the bracelet and through his wrist. “Pozou!” Jane screamed, looking between him and his hand laying on the floor. She went to rush towards him but Rose stopped her. “I-I’m sorry.” The redhead said, looking away from Pozou. Jane frowned and shook her head. “You don’t have to protect me anymore.” She said as she pushed past her sister and quickly made her way to the quetzola and picked up his severed hand with her index finger and thumb, holding back a gag. There was a lot of blood. Too much blood. She grabbed the fabric that was tied around her waist and pulled it off, tightly wrapping Pozou’s… nub of an arm. She looked over to Liam to see that his expression was back to his normal, frightened face. She was relieved to know that whatever spell was over him was now broken and she met her sister’s eyes, nodding.

Rose had stood there in shock for a moment, thinking over what Jane had said to her. Didn’t need to protect her? She’s my little sister for gods sake! Shaking her head slightly, she put her thoughts to the side and looked to Liam. She decided to trust him and let out a sigh, rubbing her hand through her hair. Taking a step towards Jane, wind rushed through the cell, stirring up so much dust that her vision became obstructed. The loud crashing of stone didn’t make her feel any better. Jane covered her eyes and coughed, trying to get the dust out of her lungs. Keeping her hands around Pozou's wound, she felt the blood covering her hands and she held back tears. “Rose! Help me get Pozou out of here” Jane said, attempting to see through the screen to find her sister. Rose found the two and grabbed their arms, helping them stand. Relying on her memory of the small cell, she led them to the bars and saw Liam on the other side. “Please get us out.” She said, attempting a small smile at the snake man.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Arcanist Arcanist EldridSmith EldridSmith Fred Colon Fred Colon Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

nice.jpg Luna’s smile faltered and she laughed a little. “Those things sound nice to do, but alas I am blind.” She responded to Lawrence’s suggestions as she pointed to the fabric hiding her eyes. She listened as Hubyr and Sigurd continued to talk of this Ayana girl and she let out a sigh, getting impatient. Every moment spent more in this literal hell hole was torture, especially since they were so close to their escape. She heard the faint footsteps of a group approaching them from the direction of the basement and she grabbed Hubrys arm, just as Sigurd spoke up. “I can run myself if you’d li-“ Luna began but was taken by surprise by the shorter elf grabbing her. She let out a gasp as she was thrown over his shoulder and frowned. “Hubyr…” she groaned, letting her head fall with defeat. Wrapping her arms around his waist, she prepared herself to be carried without the possibility of falling off. Her ears perked up at the sound of a woman's voice and concluded that it was the feminine figure she saw standing with the group of strangers. She couldn't quite remember her name and shrugged it off. It wasn't like they would run into them again. She heard their feet walk away and relaxed a little. The last thing she wanted was more innocent people walking into the trap that presented itself as a church.

Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
It only took a few seconds for everything to go insane. Pozou's hand dropped to the floor, the culprit bleeding shadows that were encroaching on Daisy and the other prisoners. Amal suddenly burst past the shadowy figure and into the hallway, leaving everyone else behind. Daisy couldn't be too mad about that. They'd gotten the bracelet off her arm, at least. The sisters charged towards Pozou and began tending to his wound, and Liam seemed to have regained his senses. She had no idea what was happening with him, but she hoped he'd stay an ally.

Daisy blinked the grit kicked up by Amal's escape out of her eyes, and took a deep breath, to keep her composure, to prevent herself from acting impulsively. She glanced at the others, and then back at the shadow creature. It was strange. Its physiology different than a humans. The stone Kadar had thrown hadn't even phased it, but she wasn't sure if it just didn't feel pain or if it was some other reason. She wasn't sure how she was supposed to fight it, so the only thing she could do was experiment. She stomped a foot to the floor, and a low, knee high wall emerged from the stone between the prisoners and the creature. Would this stop the oozing shadows? Were they animate, or simply an unthinking emanation of the creature? She clenched her fist and then twisted it and long, corkscrew like needles emerged from the stone floor, just behind her side of the wall, all over the floor, like long twisty caltrops where the shadow thing wouldn't see them from its position. She didn't think they'd stop the creature, but it might provide her with useful information. Like whether or not passing through stone and metal was a conscious choice. If it wasn't, the caltrops would do nothing, if it was, then he wouldn't see them and might be briefly slowed by them. She hoped that his passing through things needed to be a conscious choice. She could work with that.

She took a few steps back and put her hand to the wall behind her. She focused, separating and molding the earth. From it she pulled a stone short spear. Not as strong or sharp as her shovel, or even a normal spear, but it would do, and it had a point, at least. She held it in an overhanded striking poses, angled at the approaching shadow creature, her other hand open, close to he chest, ready to mold the earth as needed. She didn't think her spear would be much use against the thing, but it made her feel better to hold.

"I see your true colors, now." Daisy said, "You're not delusional. You haven't lost your mind. You're just a sadist using your 'insanity' as some sort of pathetic excuse. Too afraid to look inwards at yourself and see whats really there? I'm sure I wouldn't want to see, were I a coward like you. And to think I was afraid of you until just a moment ago." Daisy said, shaking her head. "Come. Try to stop us. We're leaving, and you won't prevent a single one of us from doing so." She glanced at Liam and met his eyes, giving him a nod. Hopefully he'd understand that she would act when he did. If this creature had to see what he was phasing through, a flanking attack was a good idea. If that didn't work... well, she was below the earth, she'd go all out with her powers. She didn't need to kill the thing, just distract it for long enough that everyone else could escape. She would probably be able to make it out alone after that, now that her control over stone had returned. If this thing didn't kill her first, anyway.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Sarahspn Sarahspn Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
Pozou Artith
Mentions: EldridSmith EldridSmith (Liam), Jet Jet (Kadar), Fred Colon Fred Colon (Daisy), Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider (Amal) | Interactions: Taigakitt Taigakitt (???), Sarahspn Sarahspn (Jane/Rose)
(credit to @letoyga! for this commission!)

Pozou complete.png
The moment went back too quickly for Pozou to comprehend. He had remembered listening to Kadar’s shouting and rambling, irritating and infuriating as it had been from when he had first met him that day. He had heard Liam screaming, lunging forward at a guard. The shadowy figure then complied with his wishes for his bracelet to come off.

Though, when he caught the glint of the knife guillotining towards his wrist, that was when he knew he had made a grave, grave mistake.

The action was so swift that one moment, his hand was there, and the next, it fell to the ground with a thump and a clattering from the bracelet. Then the pain. He screeched, an ungodly, pained sound not unlike his mixed squawking session much earlier that day. A burning, excruciating pain overtook his now amputated limb as he watched the blood spurt from the new wound falling near his hand. He couldn’t speak on account of the shock and the sobbing that overtook him.

Now would have been the time for his medical expertise to kick in. To tell himself that he was losing blood, that he needed to stop it rushing out, to lift up his hand, that he would go into shock pretty soon, to reattach it, to run, run--

Pozou couldn’t do it. He couldn’t be a doctor, not when he was the panicked patient who needed reassurance and instructions on how he could best help himself.

And he couldn’t be a comrade. The words and shouts from the others, the moving figures, the darkness and the light, all meshing into one another. The cell suddenly felt much more compact than it already did. The walls were practically closing in on him. Pozou stumbled back into the corner, closing himself off there. His pulse raced. His heart banged against the confines of his ribcage. He couldn’t breathe.

All he could do there was cramp himself into the corner, trying to imagine himself being at home again. Anything was better than thinking about this nightmare he had gotten himself into.

Pozou jerked when Jane had took his arm. Though, when she started wrapping some fabric around his handless limb, he realised she was simply helping her, when he couldn’t help himself. He had looked to her, trying to choke out a thank you in between his tears, only to be interrupted by the falling stone and storm of dust. Pozou could barely even consider the danger of the situation and what was going on when he had shoved himself further back into the corner.

His wound stung. But he felt so tired. So...shaky. In the back of his mind, he knew that wasn’t good at all, but he couldn’t quite bring himself to think lucidly, not in this moment.

Pozou could hear the distant sound of Jane shouting to Rose, being grabbed from his corner, being taken towards the cell. He hadn’t the strength to fight against either of them.

So, he let the two of them be his strength, for now.

Obsidian
Cave of the Giant’s Bones
April 20th, afternoon
Taigakitt Taigakitt (Jester and Freya) Sarahspn Sarahspn (Gwen) Pik Pik (Lorrin) Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Celestine and Amalia) Jet Jet (Ayana and Calicus) Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedezl) Arcanist Arcanist (Valentine)

Obsidian felt like the ground was crumbling beneath her. Even after Lorrin seemed to cede control to Gwendolyn, she felt like she was free falling, her stomach clogging her throat. Gwen was starting to lose control. Though she spoke sense, Obsidian could feel the pressure of her magic.

Then snap. Obsidian thought she heard a woman’s voice echoing, as the tremors coursed through her, through everything. A rock immediately fell, as if the strange magic had held it midair, and Obsidian knew everything would follow. Thankfully Gwendolyn dragged the other two closer, for she wasn’t beside them. She hadn’t been fast enough. “Get down!” Immediately a wall of rock closed around them, sealing them into a dome. It was only after that she realized there were only two other bodies sharing this darkness. For her eyes were skilled but could not create light on their own.

But how? How had she missed her? How had she failed? How had she left someone to be crushed? Broken bodies, their own dark skin covered with dust and blood, flooded her eyes. They were lined up, side by sideno.

She had to keep the other two safe. She dug her nails in, to keep the thoughts at bay. “Don’t touch the walls, and conserve air.” She told Lorrin knowing Ayana knew what to do. She poured her magic into the dome to reinforce it, “Gwendolyn is a strong mage, she can support a dome of her own.” A few words cracked, as she spoke just as much to convince herself. Her focus shifted, for heart-wrenching seconds to check on the others. The weight of three in the tunnel was a relief. Please let it be enough. She had to let them be, her own attention centered on supporting the dome.

Last edited:
knight1.jpgknight2.jpg

Amalia Winters

Amalia turned to the newcomer when they answered her question with their own. "Well, admittedly I haven't been acquainted him for very long myself but at least since I've met him, he's seemed like a somber individual. His leg had been injured, and of course as a dancer it would be very important to him." Now that she thought about it though, maybe the chipperness wasn't too unexpected. His leg had been miraculously healed, after all... a little too miraculously...

Aedzel had seemed to pick up on that too, and Amalia turned to the quetzola as she approached. "Yes, I thought so too," she agreed. "Although I did hear talk about some miraculous magic healers residing in Stone's Throw. Perhaps he was able to find one of them." She had passed through the town as a soldier but thankfully had never needed to visit such an establishment. Maybe there really were clerics who were so powerful.

Their group seemed to only grow as Kuma, Helena, and Ro were added on. After Freya gave her thoughts on the unsettling state of the town, she explained to the ones joining what was going on. Amalia herself couldn't say she had noticed anything strange with the townspeople. She had just thought they were... friendly. Was she becoming too unobservant? Or had she just needed to take a moment off of being the vigilant soldier? Then again, maybe the soldier training was the issue here, as she had only really been taught to notice signs of hostility or distress in civilians, not if they were... too friendly.

"I truly hope the instability doesn't spread..." the knight commented, peering down into the chasm once they had arrived. Only now was she thinking that perhaps the addition of the three midway in their journey wasn't a bad idea. Extra weight wouldn't help a crumbling cliff stay intact. She tried to take the positives of their presence though, the comfort which came from familiarity, and started lowering the rope.

Before she could get it too much lower though, she heard a new voice--or voices--call out. Almost dropping the rope, Amalia spun around to see the dark jester. Had they snuck up from behind? Regardless, they had an unsettling air about them, similar to the strangeness she had noticed with Kiel except tenfold. "Who are you? What do you want?" the knight asked as she once again slowly started lowering the rope. Those were only a few of the questions on her mind, but she felt they were the most pertinent.

She once again almost dropped the rope as she heard big splashes sound along with some rumbling. "Oh gods..." she muttered, fearing they had arrived too late. While still holding onto one end, she started to slowly back away from the edge of the collapsed earth, feeling that the crumbling would only spread.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Lost Echo Lost Echo Taigakitt Taigakitt Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Arcanist Arcanist

Last edited:
Korina/Kuma
Cave of Giant’s Bones--Upper Cliff
April 20th, afternoon
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Helena, Ro) Taigakitt Taigakitt (Freya, Jester) Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Amalia) Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel) Arcanist Arcanist (Valentine)
Currently imitating Vanessa Wagner's face without hair; the likeness is difficult to tell
Kuma felt like she was falling apart. Nezumi’s way out was likely being blocked. Strangers were coming from both directions. Her best bet was to hide amidst the other rats in the catacombs. Maybe she could find a den, share it until the fighting passed. Or she could find a way out from the catacombs, too small for the others to fit. Few could distinguish her from a rat, and even fewer noticed the vermin.

This town was awful. The separation of their bond seemed to echo far with their fear. As Kuma followed Freya by rote, she found herself falling into the Korina mindset she had adopted in the hospital. As a guard, she just had to focus on Lady Sybilla and Dorothea. If they were safe (and she was alive) then everything was managed. The narrowing of her thoughts--trusting Nezumi to survive on her own--helped her control her fear. There was still a slight tremble running through her, but she was functioning.

And then they entered the cave, the chasm readily apparent. It was supposed to be normal. It wasn’t supposed to have the horrors the catacombs held. Run, RUN, RUN; blared in her head for a moment, before she centered herself. Running would just attract attention. Appeasement. She could talk her way out of this. But only if needed. She did not need its attention. With a moment’s hesitation, Korina shut the link down between her bonded. More than she ever had before. She could not feel her. But that would prevent her from feeling the torture Korina feared could occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back