• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
???
Involved: Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith
ovo.pngKeeping hands behind her back, she tilted her head at the duo, a little further than what was typical, at the question coming from the human man.

Mm? I just find it odd that you two in particular are down here in the catacombs. What did you do with the storekeep? I found him in such a terrible mess.” She sighed sadly, her hand, gloved in a deep black came to her just as dark beaked mask where her mouth would be, “He didn’t make it.

She shrugged her shoulders, “The church is above ground. I worship nothing but ourselves.” She stopped a moment as if contemplating something just when the snake man spoke up.

The white light of the goggles of her beaked mask seemed to flash after his statement, “Don’t bar your passage? Hm. How about I take you there myself? I know where it is.

She took a step forward, though the water underfoot didn’t even ripple as her foot stepped on perfectly shaped ice.

20201201_124833.jpg

What a pain this was. The laughing monster wanted the group for dinner, and the only escape routes were dangerous creepy tunnels and freezing water. Ayana could see where this was going, notching three arrows on her bow while staring down the monster, knowing her group would overwhelm him with sheer numbers and powerful magic.

Ayana would only give him one chance to scram when she warned, "Listen to Gwen's advice and return to the shadows abyssal one, leave us alone and may your travels be safe!" Her tone was sharper than usual, cutting through the cavern as she approached the shoreline, standing there without averting her gaze. But her demeanor changed when she casually mentioned, "I agree with Lorrin. I can't brave the cold water like you angry rage syphid! If this monster is too strong I'll retreat through the tunnels."

As soon as she was done, Calicus cleared his throat from behind the group, standing closer to the tunnel than everyone else. "My bones are too weary to assist in combat... I'll work on our escape while you spry warriors deal with that damnable creature!" He sounded upbeat and worried at the same time, staying positive despite the dangerous situation.

Ayana turned her head back and agreeably nodded, then glanced between her companions, stopping when she made eye contact with Gwen. "I know coming down here was reckless, but I'm trained to battle monsters. I've never seen one who can speak but we should follow what the academy says! Keep our distance and keep together in case it gets too close." Her voice was almost a whisper, concealing what she said from the strange beastie.

Meanwhile the ancient mage returned her nod and approached the cavern wall, wondering how to tunnel through. He wasn't an expert geomancer but could hold his own, making the process daunting but possible nonetheless. He needed to focus hard though, placing his palms on the damp stone surface and closing his eyes, mumbling "Oh dear, this will take some time..." sounding unsure but determined to try.

Taigakitt Taigakitt
Sarahspn Sarahspn
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
Pik Pik
Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (2)-1-1.jpg

The situation was bad, horrible even. Leone had no problem with these people, and now Vaal was declaring them his enemy. There was a good chance the strangers would react with violence because of what was said, and then they would need to be dispatched. That could mean knocking them out and stashing them somewhere, or worse depending on how tenacious they were. Then his hands would be stained with innocent blood because of a mistake — what a great feeling that would be.

His expression told the whole story, changing from a charismatic smile to a worried grimace. He changed his body language too, resting his hands on sheathed knives and stepping back to create space, but he wasn't giving up on a peaceful exchange. Not when he could decieve the strangers and disarm Vaal. "Please excuse my friend. He was made into a monster by an insane medical mage, since then he's been constantly mistaken for a rift demon. Even the Inquisition tried killing him before the misunderstanding was ironed out. He's been a hothead ever since, so please forgive him... really we mean you no harm. We were hired to find a missing girl who was seen around the cemetery is all. The locals said she could've wandered underground and lost her way."

Leone released a concerned laugh, then shot a glare to the easterner, who stood two feet taller after expanding his frame. The look contained something like "what are you doing man" because this was pointless bloodlust. The strangers were about to pass them by, having no bones to pick with them. Sure they were searching for Lucien, but so was every bounty hunter within a thousand miles. The random woman sought by the short man was probably Vanessa or someone else in the group, which was expected too.

Leone hoped his song and dance would work out, easing his stance to smooth things over. Then he stepped towards the new group with his hand extended to shake theirs, looking to properly greet them. "The name's Lawrence, my friends are Karim, Sandria and the ornery fellow is Kozek" He gestured at Stone, Yo and Vaal respectively, improvising fake names in case the real ones were already plastered on bounty boards.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
Lost Echo Lost Echo
Taigakitt Taigakitt
Sarahspn Sarahspn
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Last edited:

• 9f188224e8a73078770dfb58ae8c1d73.jpg

Tags:
    Leonie ( Jet Jet ) Vaal ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Luna ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) Hubby, Yo, Stone ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Nezumi ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )
    ~ Church Basement ~
    Dispossession (Pluck) || Sigurd's CS File

Sigurd shook his head as the man described this other Lucien. He never knew it to be a common name, then again he knew there were other Luciens. He let out a sigh before turning back to the others. Hubyr seemed to think it a lost cause but he felt that they should at least try to make the most of finding others.

“Hubyr, the least you can do is give them a chance. I don’t think many forest elves pass here so it’s likely if she was here they’ve seen her.”

He turned back to the new ones even as Skadi passed in front of his view attempting to point him away from them. He just sidestepped the woman with her harsh glare leaking through her loose hair. He brought his hand to mimic Lucien’s height.

“The man I’m looking for is about yae tall.-”

He would have been fine with the questioning if not for the instant threat implied in this beast’s stance. A wall to overcome and he knew how to deal with walls quite well. The rocks at his feet began to vibrate as the only sign of his preparing magic. He might have looked every bit a fighter but his real talent came from magic. He had his hand on his weapon readying to draw his sword.

Luckily this Lawrence saw fit to deescalate the situation. He didn’t like it much, he didn’t like it at all. Skadi as usual was right. He dropped his hand off his blade but still kept magic primed to strike doing his best that Luna would be the only one to notice. His face stayed hard with his eyebrows furrowing together.

“ He’s well. He's my boss. A genius mage for a continental though he underplays it from what I’ve seen. He goes around with a fellow that may call himself Richard. His daughter Vanessa too. So if you’re done with the random antagonization, what are you doing here. I’m in no way with the inquisition, but any fool that tries to attack first and think later is asking for trouble.”

He felt irritation that knew no bounds as he glared them down. He had no interest in the inquisition itself but the church had harbored them safely for weeks. Whatever they were up to it was clearly no good. Besides Luna was, and they’d go through him first before he’d allow them to harm her.

celestine.png

Celestine Oceania

The syphid's brow furrowed as each one of her companions responded to her suggestion negatively. Did land dwellers really have such low tolerance for the cold that they would rather risk being caved in? They were inferior creatures indeed. Regardless, even if they seemed to have a death wish, she didn't. She stepped towards the stream, ready to jump in, but before she could, her eyes fell on a figure approaching them. Darkness loomed around them as they stepped closer, and they seemed to make the temperature drop lower and lower each moment they were in the group's presence.

Despite their crazed, somewhat hostile demeanor towards them, most of the group seemed to simply brush off the threats, save for Ayana, whose normally-friendly tone turned stern for a moment. They readied their weapons, but why hadn't they gone in for the first strike? This creature had said it would eat them! Gwen's previous statement showed more distrust towards Calcius than this... thing. Celestine let out a soft growl. If only she still had her trident. She would blast this insane individual into oblivion and blow out and opening to the surface.

Still following her decision to be a team player though, she debated staying facing defensively towards the newcomer or helping Calcius and Obsidian dig them a way out of there. She knew water magic, and the stream gave her a source to channel, but without her trident she wouldn't be able to do more than make a wall of water or potentially ice. Instead, she rushed over to help the old tour guide. She had learned some magic to handle any stones from the undersea cliffs that fell, but once again, it wasn't something she was trained in for efficiency. On top of that, she was now on land. How would things be different with her surroundings being air instead of water.

"We have nothing but time," Celestine said, pushing her hands onto the stone next to Calcius. The statement was meant to be one commenting on the direness of their situation and their lack of options, but having heard no more stones crashing into water or crumbling upon hitting land, the syphid princess wondering if the gods truly did appreciate positivity. "Lead," she said to the other two presumably more experienced geomancers. "I'll do my best to assist how I can."

Sarahspn Sarahspn Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik Lost Echo Lost Echo

• image0 (5).jpg

Tags:
    Yyvin ( Jet Jet ) Elizabeth ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )
    ~ The Church ~
    One Hundred Soldiers

He couldn’t help but grin as Yyvin complained. It reminded him so much of his own boy. Alas, Amad had been on a rebellious kick and with their last fight… He should have never left his boy alone. That's entirely why he’d been so strict with Yyvin. He didn’t intend for any of his other brats to warp, even if they weren’t technically his brats. He could handle their anger, he could not handle their loss.

While he couldn’t help but shoot a look of concern at Elizabeth’s disbelief, he knew with all certainty what he’d seen was not his son. He balled his hands up at the thought of what must have happened. Yet he could only smile at his beloved’s own harsher form of care. Yes she was brash, but it was what he’d come to love about her. The worst was she wasn’t wrong, he had been too wishy-washy in the past and let himself and others get burned.

“Well since Eliza dearest has agreed, let’s see how your tracking’s been shaping up. Now then Yyvin, start the spells. We’ll all go together, much too risky otherwise.”

He himself started up a locating spell checking just how many had left. It wasn’t perfect but he was well versed in more effects over power. The lower basement was but a faint glow in comparison to the bright flames much closer to him. He knew Yyvin would have a struggle but with two Master Mages to resonate with their combined magic would be greater than the sum of its parts. He pooled his magic into his palm fueling the spell that Yyvin would craft and add to.

3a5ed04562632b73dd7b0bc0067f2b12.jpg

This was an obvious trap. The egomaniac zealot knew the merchant they questioned, and was ominously asking them to come with her. Lucien guessed there were more enemies waiting at her destination, carrying crossbows and charging combat spells. Talk about suicide. The duo had a better chance surviving a long swim through the freezing water.

Her approach struck him as strange too — she was so brash about her obvious trap, he almost doubted she wanted them to come along. Hell who would? Anyone with a brain stem could see there weren't cuddles and rainbows at the end of her tunnel, because everything about her was suspicious. From her words and tone to the enchanted mask she wore, she was more suspect than a street urchin staring through a store window.

Lucien did nothing to conceal his suspicion when he said "Right... I imagine you're with the shopkeeper then, a real shame he died. But before we follow you to certain death, mind explaining why you're taking people? You don't strike me as a slaver so who are you? And for the love of god please answer me honestly, I've had a long fucking day and don't feel like torturing you for information." His tone was easygoing but exasperated, letting out an annoyed sigh. He was tired of half truths and intimation already — reason number eight thousand he hated zealots.

Then he glanced to Liam, casually mentioning "Please let me question her before you send her to whatever hell she believes in." And when he was done, he withdrew a small cube no larger than a shot glass. He examined the device cautiously before looking back to the woman, speaking in the same exasperated tone as before "Make this easy on us and we'll let you live. Deal?"

Taigakitt Taigakitt
EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
1607565944060.png He glared at the stranger. He wasn't interested in her leading them, he just wanted to take the magic man next to him and grab Sarah and Rose from this hell. However the magic man, the one called Lucian, spoke up to not kill her after he talked about getting information from her. He coiled up next to Lucian ready to wrap up the women at a moment's notice. He stayed silent waiting for Lucian to finish up or for the lady to attack. He was impatient, he could feel Liam trying to take over at which he forced back the currently weak side, now HE was in control. It was HIS time to have some fun. He wanted to follow his urges and he wasn't about to let that pipsqueak he's had to protect get in his way.
Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt

The group was a strange but dangerous one. Even the doctor was showing moxie, surprise surprise! Pozou baring teeth was like found money to Kadar, not to mention the new woman who immediately threw down. But her target had other plans. He showed amazing explosiveness and launched towards the ceiling, sticking there like an insect.

Kadar was certain the enemy was something unknown. Maybe a species from the eastern shadowlands? Whatever the case, he would learn more when the creature was dead, then the group could do a proper examination. Kadar wished there was another way, but the monster ignored serious threats and reasonable deals. The only exception was a vague card game where the outcome was probably rigged — leaving only one option. Taking down the enemy by any means.

The sisters were on the same page already, and hearing encouragement from Rose he shrugged and answered "I'd do better with your knife if you're feeling generous" but he was kidding... for the most part anyway. Then he curiously watched when the scarred woman talked about the game.

Amal stared ahead as she took several steps back to try and distance herself from the figures “Games, oh I really do love games and if you think I am loud now I do very much wish for you to hear my singing voice.” Amal cooed back. “Though I think I am up for a game, how about a very special type of game, the type of game one plays when they are backed in a corner and don’t have an out. You wish to expedite your plans and I wish to leave, if you don’t let me out I could expedite this so-called collapse. If what little I did was enough to upset the structure of this haphazardly put together hovel I know I can do so much more. Enough of this, I don’t want your healing nor do I want to play your games, being confined here makes me uncomfortable and I already am anxious enough as it is. I reiterate, you either let me leave or I will make this already deteriorating situation so much worse and do not test me, the Neberu do not suffer fools.” Amal no longer cooing and shouting.

Putting her arms out she stomped on the floor sending out a small vibration to test the foundations around them and get a grasp of what she would have to vibrate in order to enact her last ditch plan. Moving her hands behind her she placed them onto the wall as she pressed her back into it. “Go ahead, try me.” Despite her veiled threat she was in fact probing the area above her rather than around her. Trying to figure out a way to break the ground in a way to open a hole to the surface rather than bring everything down. In the end, her self preservation was far more important and going through the entities was going to be harder than to break her wings and go up.

Rose was using this distraction as a way to find weak points in their target. She couldn’t make out anything about the figure being that his appearance was darker than the blackest sea. Letting out a huff, she looked to her sister and hoped she had a way out. Jane thought for a moment about the game mentioned and wanted to play as well. Not because she had a plan, she just enjoyed playing games and was quite good at them. She looked back at Rose with a smile accompanied by a shrug. Rolling her eyes, Rose leaned against the wall behind her as she turned her eyes back to Amal. The sisters didn’t have magic or super strengths so their best bet was to hope the others had a plan.

Kadar nodded in agreement when the second Quetzola made threats, but he was less extreme than her. He wanted to play along because the game would buy them time, but trusting the monster was a dumb mistake. There was no chance the creature would remove the bracelets unless it was suicidal, meaning the game was meant to mess with the prisoners. Kadar would play along for now though, pretending to accept the situation until an opportunity presented itself

"Hold your attack savage one! Let us see what this strange beast has to offer. Tell us beast, what is your game and how do we play? And as the lipless one said, what happens if we lose your contest eh?" He sounded one part curious and another suspicious, before narrowing his eyes and crossing his arms.

You wanna bring stone down on yourself and die instead? You don’t wanna be saved? We were saved and we’re the better for it. Millenia have been quite kind to us after the fact. Yes yes.” They looked around at the others, “Do all of you wish for a stony grave then? We don’t think all of you wanna die?” They tapped the cards in their hand against their chin, “Though, only we choose the game, not you. We like cards!” The figure on the ceiling dropped their hand of pitch-black cards to the ground, giggle-cackling as they did so. They didn’t flutter like normal pieces of paper, but dropped straight down like a pebble from a roof. The cold that had been approaching closer and closer started to level out, and the footsteps that followed the droplets faded as well.

"You still haven't answered us. What happens if we lose the game?" Daisy asked. She turned to the rest of the group. "I think we'd all like an explanation before going any further. In any direction." She liked the 'Neberu's' plan of brining everything down. But she needed her bracelets off first, access to her geomancy, so they didn't all perish in the resulting collapse. She didn't really want to say that out loud, though, in case the shadow being changed its mind, or didn't allow her bracelet off first.

If you lose? Then… we win! We still get to save you!” The cards hummed on the ground, vibrating. The lighting in the area seemed to dim, though if it came from the cards was unknown.

Ignoring the comments of the creatures Amal took the opportunity to survey the room. “You, the one with the arm behind you. Come back to me, I can use one arm and still have another up ready.” Amal shouted to Daisy, starting to get an idea of what the woman wanted. “Give me your blade.” Amal continued as she waved the woman back “And please be quick.” she finished, not caring if what she said was being spoken out loud. At this point it was a mexican standoff and she had a sliver of power in the way it would go.

Jane stepped forward, smiling a little. “What’s the game?” She asked, keeping her hands folded behind her back with her knife hidden between them. She hoped asking about the game would buy the others a bit of time and make the figure explain how to play. Glancing at the cards as she heard a soft hum fill the room, she bit her lip anxiously before turning her eyes back to the enemy.

Never turning away from the creature, Daisy took a few steps back towards Amal. "Indeed. What game? It would be a little anticlimactic if we had to win back the freedom you stole from us with a game of go fish." She pointed with her other hand to the deck of cards. "An interesting set of cards you have there. Where did you get them?"

This was madness. Pure and utter madness. Whatever ‘game’ this creature was wanting to play, it didn’t exactly seem like one that would be very fair to its players. After all, tricks could be played with cards, and this creature was sticking to walls and phasing through cell doors like it was nothing.

Perhaps it was a game of wits then. Something was needed to outtrick this thing, play it at its own game.

“I’m not sure if this game is going to seem very fair…” Pozou threw out there, his eyes moving between the cards and the creature sticking to the ceiling. “I’ve played and seen enough card games to know how the players usually play…”

The being decided to stay up on the ceiling as they responded, “Oh! It’s a game of chance! Pick a card, any card! See what you get! Depending on what is on the other side will determine the fate.” They cackled as thet tilted their head at an unnatural angle. “The cards are our own. We created them, but they don’t lie. No no. Gambling is no fun without the risk of loss!”

Pozou looked to the others, frowning. He didn't fancy picking a card, though knowing be had to, he didn't fancy picking one first. He wrung his hands together, swallowing back.

Jane thought for a moment, looking at the identical cards resting on the floor. She took a step towards them and Rose grabbed her arm, shaking her head. Jane gave her sister a small smile, telling her everything will be okay. “I’ll play.” she said, turning back to look up at the thing sitting on the ceiling. Taking a deep breath, she bent down and picked up the card closest to her. Standing up, she stared at the black card and turned it around to see it’s face.

~Card Results Incoming Next~​

Last edited by a moderator:
Card Results
Involved: Sarahspn Sarahspn
*NOTE: The cards will be drawn randomly*

Queen.pngKing.pngWhat Jane could see in white lettering against the pitch black background was a large Q, suddenly appearing after she flipped the card over. The tail of the letter seemed to almost resemble a beaked mask while inside the circle of the letter were two little, white glowing circles side by side, as if they were eyes. On the top of the circle of the letter was a tiny crown. In the upper right hand corner was a white spade.

The figure on the ceiling giggled with glee, “Oh, the Queen Almighty! Praise be the QUEEN!

Their attention was taken away for a second, their voice as if not addressing the group, "We do not eat them today, no we don't!"

The dark figure let go of the ceiling and dropped to the ground. When they landed, there was no puff of air, no thud. A card picked itself up and flew to their hand, “What did we get?

They turned their card to face themselves before their already smile seemed to grow wider and brighter. On their card face was a large, white K. On the top of the letter was a rather large, white crown that didn’t seem to fit and tilted off. The upper right hand corner was also a space. “Same suit! But we’re bigger, we are. Jane! Would you prefer to be saved? Or stay?” They leaned forward, only one eye visible to the girl as their hat hit the other.

Luka Yyvin

bb3deafc1532dc2e39580af13527d3bd.jpg

The older someone was, the longer the speeches were, and the old woman was no exception. Her speech went on and on, making the apprentice tune out somewhere in the middle. He was an expert slacker though, nodding here and there to look interested, sounding engaged when he answered "That makes a lotta sense, I'll be more responsible cause ya walkin stick looks painful! I swear I'll do anything if it means avoiding them books!" He made sure to touch on a couple keywords he somehow remembered; his laziness was masterful.

Thank god her husband was more reserved, because Luka wasn't long on speeches. His wandering focus made them impossible to follow. There was always something that took his attention elsewhere, and today the distraction was women. He wanted to mingle with cute apprentices instead of wrinkled masters, but there was no way around the discussion. When the bosses wanted him present, he needed to be there no matter what.

At least there was an interesting development. Tallis wanted his help seeking the escaped adventurers, and what a blast this would be! They were braggadocious bastards and capturing them would slap a smile across his face. He could hear them complaining already, beaming when the mental image played through his mind, relishing the chance to end their unsanctioned expedition.

His tone showed his interest when he chimed "Happy to help sir!" Before closing his eyes, sharpening his arcane connection. Luka was strong but his poor focus made his magic unstable, that was always his biggest problem. He was considered "high potential low control" which was annoying but true. His teachers always said he could be strong one day... what a backhanded compliment that was. He wanted to be strong today and that started with a successful spellcast. The tracking spell in question was easy for masters, but for an apprentice? Not so much. He needed to locate magical disturbances where natural laws were broken, the process was like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Luka closed his eyes and extended his connection through the area, gritting his teeth when the results weren't immediate. He hated waiting, but searched and searched, eventually finding a disturbance that was... down. The actual location was a mystery but he knew the direction was down. That was better than nothing. "I'm feelin somethin underground, must be that broken ward but I can't see past that!"

Luka was frustrated but stayed composed around the experienced mages, suggesting "They coulda gone to the sewer, or maybe dem crypts? I can't say for sure..." He looked dejected when opening his eyes, hoping the masters wouldn't dwell on his failure.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Last edited:
313CCF16-3967-4642-A0F4-1FFB19CBEE5B.png109B7297-E0C4-4794-BEB4-6642E923542E.jpeg

Jane studied the card's face, noticing the odd details of the Q. The thing revealed it to be the Queen of Spades and she nodded a little. Holding the card gave her an uneasy feeling and she watched as the figure silently dropped down to retrieve a card for themselves. They had gotten the King of Spades and a small frown appeared on her face. There was no way to beat them at their own game. Looking into their white eye, she thought about their question for a moment. She wanted to get out of this small and dark dungeon but wasn’t sure what being saved entailed. It would never let her freely walk out of here and she wouldn’t leave her sister behind. The uneasy feeling in her stomach convinced her that the former option was not actual freedom and she shook her head. “I’d like to stay.” She said, keeping eye contact.

Rose carefully listened to their exchange and tilted her head a little when Jane chose to stay. She could’ve chosen to be saved and brought back help. Biting her lip, she walked towards the cards and picked one up. Silently letting the figure know she was playing as well. She glanced at Jane's card and back to the one in her own hand. Flipping over the card to see its facing, her brow furrowed. What did this mean?

Taigakitt Taigakitt

Elizabeth.png

Master Elizabeth

Elizabeth, having worked with the youth for so long, was able to see through disingenuous reactions. This apprentice wasn't a mere apprentice in acting though, as the elderly woman seemed to buy his reaction. Her approval wasn't expressed with more than her usual stern look, although it was far less harsher than the looks she gave upon taking the role of disciplinarian.

The master mage thought checking on the guard was more pressing, but the two men in the room decided locating the adventurers was more important. On top of that, Thallis had decided that this would be an appropriate time to test the apprentice's skills. She grumbled at the decision, but went ahead to pool her own magic as well. Pressure did lead to better performance by individuals, she supposed, and Thallis giving everyone an opportunity to hone their skills was one of the reasons she was so fond of him.

The results garnered by Luka were nothing new for them in terms of information. "Your spell worked. That's an accomplishment in and off itself," Elizabeth stated. "Even if it hadn't, you gave an honest attempt, and that's what's important." There was a faint look of approval on the old woman's face, but it faded as soon as the apprentice mentioned the sewers.

"Sewers..." she repeated with a grimace. "Why are adventurers so interested in sewers...?" Her mind went back to the run in she had in Whaleshell Port. "I was instructed by the higher ups to chase out a group of adventurers back home too. One of them, a snake man, decided to split from his group and slither in the sewers to hide. My apprentices and I had to flush the poor sod out. I wonder if he's managed to get the stench and grime off of himself yet.

"That's neither here nor there. Let's hurry to the basement and check on the guard, and then we can search for whoever ran out on us."
She once again started towards the stairs.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Jet Jet

Last edited:

Gambler.JPGThe figure tilted their head to the side. Extremely so, as their cheek was about parallel to the floor. “Stay! We see. We see.” With a nod, they acknowledged Jane’s choice. “We will have you stay after everyone has picked a card.” Down the way of the tunnel, there was a scuttle and soft screech that almost sounded… jubilant?

The dark card Rose picked up revealed it’s hidden face. A two was on the card, with a diamond in the upper-right. The figure, not taking their eyes off Jane, held a hand out over a card on the ground as it pounced to their hand. Their card revealed to be a 10 with a heart in the upper-right.

They snickered as they looked over at Rose, “We see we’re 2-0!” They bent their back backwards as they looked over at her upside down, “Rose! We will think staying with dear Sister is best. We very much think so.

Stay: Jane and Rose

???
Involved: Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith

ovo.pngThe masked figure tilted her head, almost bird-like, silver strands falling off her shoulder as she did so, “Amad was the son of the church.” She stated it as a fact, but that was about all she revealed about him.

We’re taking people to save them! Mortals need to be saved from their puny existence and be removed from the grasp of the church,” her hands curled up to herself as she spoke of them, as if the church were an insect.

She noted what Lucien pulled out, “Liam and Lucien cannot kill what has died millenia ago.

A bright smile broke out over the mask, under the beaked portion of the mask.

Like we said, Doctor Cash can show you the way!

She held a hand out, pointing in a direction. The direction is where a happy screech sounded, and the snake man would be able to tell that Jane and Rose had definitely been taken in that direction.

Obsidian
Cave of the Giant’s Bones
April 20th, afternoon
Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn Pik Pik Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet
NO!” Obsidian was helpless as Ayana fell past her. She was hanging from a slowly forming pillar, gradually connecting the two caverns. She hung as if stretching the rock like a slow piece of taffy, pulling it down while she insured its stability. Even finished, it would not be safe enough for another to climb, not without the insurance Obsidian had--her hands were covered in rock, a part of the pillar as she slowly drew it downward. Still, with Freya’s rope, it would provide a secure structure to aid in climbing.

Though she was only halfway there, she climbed back up the pillar, pushing off it to jump away from the lake. She landed with a roll onto the shore, softening the ground to reduce the impact. It still hurt. It was deserved. “Why would you not listen to me?” Another in danger; she was so useless in her duty. Through her self beratement, she could hear the elf explaining to Gwen her experience fighting monsters. She did not doubt the other's strength, but even the strongest could get hurt.

The laughter materialized a creature. She knew not what else to call it. It was bipedal, with horns and parts that stuck off its waist--tentacles came to mind. From its bright mouth, it greeted them, its singsong voice like that of a child’s. It offered help, but Ayana, who seemed so kind, greeted them at arrow point, forcing it to go away. Her mind caught, wondering if the mortals were uncomfortable because they were underground. Was that why they were so defensive? While she was sure she’d hate the freezing cold of the lake, she had no issue being away from the sun. She thought back to the ruins she had explored with the others in the forest. Though not as strong (as if weakened?) she still felt a reassurance to be underground. But there was something, in the periphery of her stone sense. Something dark and looming. Almost like the power she could feel hiding in the volcano at Stone’s Shore. But also, almost wrong.

Though she was being led to join Calicus in carving out a new tunnel, she called back to the creature. “Our fall was unexpected, so we have no food for you. But if you could lend us aid, we could benefit from it. We do not have to fight.” The latter was said to her own group. So it was different, and they were scared already. That did not mean it would hurt them.

Kuma
20200703_122048-2-jpg.751903

Street, in front of the Hospital
April 20th, afternoon
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Helena and Ro)
Currently imitating Vanessa Wagner's face without hair; the likeness is difficult to tell

...What was wrong with these people? It was as if any of Kul’s touch had been sucked from them. They were acting as if this was an ordinary thing. The Abyss sounded dire enough that even if it were, shouldn’t someone be concerned? Even impatient, stubborn? The nobles and the peasants were exiting at the same rate, no one pushing or ceding to rank as they had before.

And the medical staff...were they just leaving anyone injured...were there any injured? She went to follow Roland to the back when one of her eyes caught Helena’s sharp movement. Somehow, Kuma felt she was in more danger than the child. She strode over to them, catching his greeting. Doll? Helena seemed the type to poison someone for such an insult. The cheery man lacked the detached poise so infamous of nobility, though that was all he could be with clothes like that. Roland returned quickly--way too quickly. Was there someone injured that he could not move? Or was there something worse? Kuma was anticipating that latter.

Nezumi reached out to her, reflecting more than her own apprehension. She’d been surveying the catacombs her group entered, speaking with the other rats. Instead of the reassurance she often gained from her own kind, it was full of warnings. Horror filled Kuma, causing her to automatically tighten her skin--as involuntary as goosebumps. She begged her bonded to be careful--even knowing she always was--more so than herself at least.

Keeping her face smooth, Kuma nodded to the man, “Of course. The Church is always there in times of need. We will follow you.” She stepped between Helena and the man, daring to touch the man to guide him out the door.

Lorrin Yumi
comm_pik_Full_colour.jpg

Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Lost Echo Lost Echo Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt

Lorrin pulls the string back further on the bow pointing at the creature "how about you stay as far away from us as possible." Lorrin looked back towards the others "start digging I'll make sure this thing stays exactly where it is." Turning his attention back at the creature he made sure not to take his eyes off of it. The creature was very shadowy in nature taking on a humanoid appearance but that could be an illusion to miss lead people. He honestly wonders if the jester look might be a way to persuade children to get close before they're eaten up as food. Well unfortunately for it Lorrin was no child and nowhere near as trusting as Obsidian, the bow gives off a glow and before the creature knows it an arrow was shot by its face only a few meters off to not do any damage to it. "You have two choices either back away slowly and disappear or stay where you are and let us do our escape in peace. Any action that goes against that will not be meant with another warning shot."

Last edited:

As they were reuniting with Kiel and the theatre company plus two, the earth rocking hit the district. Being a bit further from the epicenter than the church and hospital was, the most that was affected were some cracking in the ground and some unstable buildings, as cracks spiderwebbed up the side. There was still damage, though not nearly to the extent of the area surrounding the church. The issue was now that the ground would be unstable and who would know when the next hole would open up? A hole was opened in the ground nearby where a manhole cover fell within the earth and splashed into the water.

It also seemed that the people in the area were starting to head in the direction of the church or lodge, avoiding any damage as they could go. A strange light flashed above the church, as if something dimmed before going back to almost it’s normal brightness, though a shade darker.

“Kiel! Aren’t you rather chirpy today?” Aedzel said, glad to see that the man is in good spirits. She was about to introduce Peregrine until the floor started shaking, stopping her from her thoughts as her body stiffened because of what was happening.

Valentine had turned at the greeting made by a young man, dressed almost as well as themselves. They couldn’t help but look at his clothing first, wondering where they picked up such attire. The material, the look, it was practically perfect to use in one of the troupe’s many performances!

But it would be rude to ask that before greeting him and asking his name first. Valentine put on his trademark smile, and was about to do just all of that, when the ground started shaking. There came the sound of panicked and confused shouting. Parts of the ground cracked and split, such intricate brickwork ruined, and cracks climbed up the walls of several buildings.

It was strong enough that even a manhole blew open, a fountain of water rushing upwards. Behind it, they were sure they saw some sort of light, but they couldn’t have been sure. It came as quick as it disappeared again.

Valentine took a look at the scenes around them and frowned, “Oh, no...” From what they could see, no one seemed injured, just shaken up. They looked around to the group that had gathered at the outside theatre, and asked, “Everyone okay?”

Kiel smiled after determining that falling into a crack was no longer a threat, “I am perfect!”

Amethyst was clinging to the nearest person’s arm during the shake, surprised out of his mind. Maybe ironic for a stone elf.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine.” Aedzel confirmed as she looked over to the person beside her, Amethyst, who had the audacity to grab her arm due to what had transpired. Would be nice if I could still feel my arm afterwards.

Once it was determined that everyone was fine, a worried expression washed over Kiel’s face, “I am worried about the others. We should go find them!”

With an about-face, he, too, along with Amethyst who agreed, ran in the direction of the church and lodge, figuring it would be best to start there. The hospital was set, since it was, well, a hospital. If lodge was in danger, then so too would Liam. Honestly, Kiel was expecting Amalia and Aedzel to follow along, as he knew them. As for Valentine, he didn’t know who that was, but hoped he was empathetic enough to worry about other people.

“The others?” Valentine asked, concern morphing to confusion over who Kiel was talking about. Though, they noticed he greeted Amalia and Aedzel fondly, so he must have known them personally. They must have been travelling together too! What an odd but wonderful group of individuals. Surely they would make for a great source of inspiration.

“I can come along, see if any help is needed.” After all, someone could have gotten injured or hurt during this whole affair, and they needed all the help they could get if things were serious. Plus, who knew when these places could fall apart? Perhaps it was best to go and look for these people before another earthquake happened.

The reunion between the three expeditioners seemed to be cut short with the tremors that spread through the city. Amalia had been exposed to situations with unstable footing during her travels, so the quaking didn’t pose much of a treat to her. She was able to weather it with a strong stance. Others around them seemed shaken up though, and murmured among themselves about what could possibly have caused it. The knight remembered seeing some sort of bright glow from the corner of her visor as the tremors echoed but wasn’t sure if it was related or not. She wasn’t even sure if it had actually happened, or if it was just some sort of stress-induced hallucination that took place for a split second.

From behind her helmet, the woman raised an eyebrow at the light blue haired man’s concern. There had been some damage done, sure, but it didn’t seem to be anything that could be life-threatening. Along with that, she was sure if any of their companions was indeed injured, there would have been many people around to assist. Kiel was already on his way though, and even two of the newcomers agreed to join despite not knowing the others.

“Well, I suppose we could…” Amalia responded. She started slowly following before looking over to Aedzel to join. The Quetzola nodded over to Amalia in confirmation.

Once whoever was interested in going was ready, Kiel led them the way back to the lodge. The knight found herself somewhat confused by how well Kiel was able to navigate the streets, despite not having come in this area with Aedzel and herself. Perhaps he had visited Stone’s Throw before in his travels. Even more peculiar was he was walking without his staff, without so much as a limp in his step.

“Your leg…” Amalia commented. “It looks to be all better. How did you manage to do that?”

The light blue haired man turned to look over his shoulder at her with a smile, something she hadn’t really seen on his face since she joined the expedition. “A wonderful doctor here fixed me right up!” he said, practically beaming.

“... I see,” she responded. “Well, good for you…” She knew the importance of a leg to a dancer but something just seemed off to her about his expression. Regardless, as they approached the lodge, she decided instead to focus on the reason they came here. Her eyes scanned through the visor to see if anyone looked to be hurt or in need of assistance.

The lodge didn’t look to be in the best of shape. Having been close to the supposed epicenter of the shake, a lot of the building was more in rubble than the Entertainment District had been. The church nearby seemed fine despite.

Valentine followed along, not having so many worries as what Amalia did. They didn't know Kiel after all, other than that he knew Amalia and Aedzel, and that perhaps they travelled together. But they didn't think much of Kiel knowing his way around all the winding streets of Stone's Throw.

They were curious, however, to hear of Kiel's leg having been injured, and miraculously healed. Kiel had mentioned how a doctor had tended to it, but judging from Amalia's reaction, there seemed to be something odd with his recovery.

"I'm glad to hear your leg recovered, Kiel," Valentine smiled. "That doctor must have been excellent…" They weren't so keen on doctors. They had quite a few poke and prod at him before and as a result, avoided them as much as they could manage it. Even if they were sick, they'd find other ways and means to cure themselves.

"So, where are all your friends?" Valentine threw the question out, for any of the travellers to answer.

The Quetzola took notice of the Knight and Dancer’s conversation, her eyes flitted quickly to Kiel’s legs before focusing once again on the road. She isn’t knowledgeable in medicine and she was glad that he’s able to use his leg again but she can’t help but feel dubious about it all. To her, it doesn’t make sense then again she never really voiced out her opinion on it all.

Too miraculous if you asked me. She thought to herself, becoming rather quiet throughout their walk back. “They should be…”

As if on cue, a figure was running towards the lodge, huge axe on her back, her braided hair flowing behind her. Sapphire eyes noticed Kiel and Amalia causing relief to flash across the large northern woman’s face. “Oh thank goodness!” As she had gotten closer, she quickly recognized Aedzel and Jace. The other two were unknown to the woman.

Freya was panting. Having ran the whole way, she was definitely feeling the burn in her lungs. “We need help with the others! A hole opened up where we were and almost everyone fell in! We need rope and a few more hands to pull everyone up!” She wiped the back of her hand across her forehead. Her exhaustion coupled with the fact that people were in a situation where they could be flattened by any residual shakes heightened Freya’s feelings.

“Oh, it seems they-” Before Kiel could finish his response, he heard quick footsteps approaching them. Turning to see Freya, the light blue haired man watched as the woman caught her breath and wiped her brow. “Oh dear…” he responded upon hearing her words, although his tone was more confused than concerned.

Contrary to Freya’s panicked state, Amalia stayed calm, her expression being more similar to Kiel’s than the Northern woman’s. “I have rope among my things. I’ll go fetch it,” the knight said, starting into the lodge with a quick pace.

“Wait!” Kiel called, causing the armor-clad woman to stop and turn. “There’s a faster way to bring them up. The sewers map underneath the city. We can bring them up from a route that has a more stable structure!” He gave the group a confident grin.

“... I see,” Amalia replied. She understood the concern the man had for the stability of where their companions fell, although it was once again strange to see Kiel being so knowledgeable about the city. “You must have picked up quite a bit of knowledge during your past travels here…” she commented. “How long did you stay here when you traveled down from the North?”

Kiel raised a brow at her question. “... I came from the South. It doesn’t matter right now though! We have to save our friends!” He once again started forward towards the center of town, looking over his shoulders with a smile to see if his companions were following.

Upon catching sight of Freya, Aedzel figured that the others were safe but the woman’s words told them otherwise. “Oh no.” She said softly, her features creasing with worry, she couldn’t even imagine being trapped down there.

She was about to accompany Amalia to get her rope when Kiel spoke of going to the sewers, she wondered how he could smile knowing that the others were in trouble. Blue eyes found it’s attention over Amalia, Aedzel couldn’t help but think that maybe the Knight also found Kiel to be somewhat different, although she can’t exactly say that she knows him.

The Quetzola shook her head, her fire-colored hair whipping her cheeks. “Uh-uh. I’m not going down the sewers, that is disgusting.” Her face scrunched up in disgust, it took her a few seconds to realize that she had just let her real personality pour out to the others. “Besides, I’m not good with closed-spaces.” She said in a tired tone, it was the truth and just the idea of it was something she doesn’t like.

Amethyst took a step beside Kiel, “I think we all must get over our fears to help those in need!”

Freya’s shoulders slumped, “I don’t know what exploration you’ve done, Kiel, but I just want to get them some help. Maybe we can split up? Some take the sewers, some get the rope?”

Tour Collapse
Involved: Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo Sarahspn Sarahspn Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Pik Pik

Jester.JPGThe figure, still smiling brightly, seemed to tilt their head, listening to something that the other’s couldn’t hear, “Right. No eating. Not this day. Right, right. We still wish!

To Gwendolyn, they took a hop-skip forward, landing on one foot, the other in the air, “While we still can? This is where we wish to be! We can be helpful. Kiel babe is getting help too! We all can be saved for sure! Though we are already saved. Yes yes.

With Ayana’s words, their eyes seemed to twist into a delight, “Abyssal one? Is that this era’s name for us?” They cackled, “Yes yes, Ayana may be right.

With Obsidian seemingly wanting their help, they cheered, switching the foot they stood on with a hop, “Obsidian knows! The golem? She knows we are keeping this cave from falling in!

When the arrow of Lorrin whizzed past the dark figure’s face, they only giggled and swooned to the side, putting a strong bend into their waist, “Oh such strong arms! We felt the air on that!

They took a few more steps forward, “We can help you up! Then we can help you to the card game! We know there is one. The betting is fun! Bracelets, being saved, or staying. We want to be involved. We think you all would enjoy it too!

They took a hop, landing on air, on their back, leaning their head back to look at them. “We help? We help! We need to help Doctor Cash too! Hissy snake is upset and damaged someone that was supposed to stay!

knight1.jpgknight2.jpgkiel.png

Amalia Winters & Kiel Shan

A look of disappointment was apparent on Kiel's face at the reluctance of Freya and Aedzel. Although Amethyst taking his side was reassuring, when he heard Amalia speak, any joy brought about by that was dashed.

"I agree. Splitting up would be best," the knight said, stepping to take Freya's side. "Aedzel can come with us as well, as her abilities and judgment may be hampered by the discomfort she would feel in the sewers."

The light-blue-haired man let out a sigh. "Okay... but be careful about where you step. If there was a collapse where you all stood, the ground there is most likely still unstable." With Amethyst joining his party, the only one left unaccounted for was Valentine. His light-blue eyes fell onto them as he awaited their decision.

"Either way, let's stop dilly-dallying," Amalia said, and started once again on her way into the lodge. Her pace had a sense of urgency, and she tried to pick it up enough to make up for the precious moments wasted during the discussion. Her return was swift though, and when she rejoined the group she had a long, sturdy-looking rope coiled loosely around her arm and thrown over her shoulder. "Alright then, Freya, please lead the way," she said, looking to the Northern woman.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Arcanist Arcanist

Hubyr, Stone, Yo

Hubyr.jpgSigurd caught Hubyr’s attention again, “You… make a point.” Just when he was going to ask if they’ve seen a forest elf, there was more aggression being met.

Once the blue-skinned being’s tail emerged, Hubyr brought his fists back up to protect his torso and face. There goes any idea at all that the other blue being was a forest elf mix. They didn’t seem all too friendly either, since they immediately went to become aggressive. Hubyr didn’t really link to it that it was because of his own actions. What else would someone do when some strange group suddenly approached one underground.

The fact that the blue being was even taller, Hubyr had squinted his eyes. The idea that this was a beast was becoming closer and closer to what he was thinking.

His green eyes glanced behind him in Luna’s direction. They had someone to protect, which isn’t something Hubyr is used to. Back in the forest, he was used to everyone being able to hold their own if he was on a group hunt.

Stone was nearby, his fur starting to stand on end as the air was starting to take on a palpable tension. His own eyes were narrowed, his snout curled back to reveal the tips of his canines. His ears were flattened back, his whiskers pulled forward. His hands slipped into his pockets as he carefully eyed the situation, the tip of his tail flicking. As he took in the appearance of the trio before them, he couldn’t help but feel like they weren’t church. Well, besides the woman savannah elf who was wearing something like what the church does. The super short savannah man and the Centosian man in armor seemed otherwise not. The one in armor- it didn’t look like church armor to the Momerki.

Yo stayed behind everyone else. Mostly because Vaaltari had taken up quite a bit of space, and Leone and Stone were already on the defensive. Her golden eyes took in the weapons the trio were carrying and determined to place a blunt-force shield around her body to coincide with what her necklace did. When she used her magic, her horns seemed to take on a quick purple sheen in a wave.

Once Leone started talking again, apologizing for Vaaltari, Hubyr decided to not drop his guard this time, “What’s the girl look like?” At the name introductions, his green eyes flicked over to Stone. The name “Karim” didn’t seem to fit typical Momerki, but he only knew a little about their culture in comparison to what his mother knew.

I’m Hubyr, as he mentioned earlier,” the forest elf tilted his head in Sigurd’s direction at the same time.

After Sigurd was done describing Lucien and a couple others he was looking for, Hubyr waited a second, unsure if they should even be bothering. His skin itched. He hated being underground and very much wanted to leave.

I’m looking for a forest elf. Ayana is her name. She went missing. Now can we at least walk and talk out of here?” His eyes were back on the rather large blue-skinned Kozek, ready to react at a moment's notice.

rp.jpg

Gwendolyn's smile faded as the others began to threaten the figure. The last thing she wanted was a battle in a collapsing cavern with freezing water. She turned back to Calicus and gave him a nod when he said he was going to start working on their way out. Watching Celestine join him, she relaxed as much as she could at that moment. She wished she could help with the digging but had to deal with their visitor first. Turning back, she took a breath and went to respond to the figure but an arrow shot past her. Letting out a gasp, she cut her eyes to Lorrin who was also threatening them. “Sure just shoot first and ask questions later.” She mumbled, running her hands down her face. “Okay, if you say you can help us, I’d like to know how. Unless you can lift us out of here, we plan to dig out. I’d rather not fight you, unlike my companions.” Gwen shot a look to Ayana and Lorrin before she continued. “I just really want to get above ground and back to my friends so you can either help us or leave us alone.” Her smile was full of fake friendliness and she itched to get rid of the stranger and help work on the tunnel.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Jet Jet Pik Pik Lost Echo Lost Echo

nice.jpg Luna listened closely as the strangers began talking and heard one of them start threatening them, saying they wouldn’t be leaving. Her brows furrowed, her hope of returning home was diminishing and she patted her pockets. Finding what she was searching for, she slowly pulled out a small knife and hid it behind her back. It seemed like Sigurd was on guard as well. She felt the small vibrations under her feet and gripped her knife. Another voice spoke up and it sounded like the man who spoke first. She tilted her head when he mentioned a girl getting lost in the cemetery. “Hubyr, there’s no way a little girl could have wandered into the catacombs without being noticed by the guards.” She whispered, not believing a single word that came out of the man's mouth. Getting frustrated with her lack of sight and knowledge of who stood before them, she brought her fingers to her lips and let out a whistle. Seeing the outlines of four figures in front of them, she bit her lip as she analyzed them. There were three regular-sized people and one who almost touched the ceiling. She held back a laugh when she imagined how Hubyr felt being next to this giant. She kicked around the rocks near her foot as her companions described the people they were looking for, and quietly sighed. “I’m Luna. I was kidnapped by the Inquisition and these lovely men saved me.” She said, stepping out from behind the elf but keeping her knife hidden. “I agree with Hubyr and would like to get out of this death trap.” She said, hoping her smile would convince the group to let them pass.

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Jet Jet The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Lost Echo Lost Echo

1607834245684.png "Liam" stared at the masked figure with impatience, after waiting for a few minutes for them to chat he gave up and slithered under Lucian and the masked person and started slithering off towards the scene of the sisters. He didn't bother listening any further to what the two and kept on going. His mind was elsewhere, as he was fighting to keep the naive side of himself from fucking up his plans now. His pent up desire for several years he had kept under wraps by using as bloodlust was now awoken as something else, something he clearly understood in it's truest animalistic form: Lust. While Liam tried piddling about to be friends and follow the bullshit love idea, he knew it would take ages and was likely to fail considering how they looked like a slithering abomination. The people around them never liked them, they always had fake smiles if they bothered showing that amount of interest in him as he was either able to be used or he made them feel better for being a charity case. However he could feel Liam was starting to wrestle more and more control from him slowly, he had to hurry.
Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet Mentioned: Sarahspn Sarahspn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back