• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngHaving held her breath every second without an answer, she finally exhaled when she heard Gwen shout out. That was only one person, so she kept her ears open for anyone else. Of course, she made sure to answer back, “We’re fine! We’ll figure out how to get you out!

Concern washed over Freya, since it was only Gwen who had shouted out. Lorrin didn’t seem to make a peep, and hearing Gwen shout for her only worried the older woman further. She moved her hand to grasp the edge where the hole was, seriously contemplating jumping down there herself.

It didn’t take much longer for her to hear a glimpse of what sounded like the tour guide. Great. One more person, and he hadn’t responded.

After Ayana expressed her appreciation, Freya nodded, smiling down at her, letting her leave her arm. It was unfortunate that Obsidian’s power could not reach them. Though, a thought crossed her mind.

Obsidian, would it be too much to make a kind of staircase down?

If that would be a no-go, Freya would rub her temples. She had nothing of help right now, and no magic capabilities to boot.

I’ll go into town and see what I can’t find. Considering I have no magic comprehension, I won’t be of much help.

Freya stood up, looking pointedly at Ayana, since she couldn’t help but still see her as a child, “Be. Safe.

Freya turned around and headed back above ground.
Mentions: Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo Pik Pik Sarahspn Sarahspn
Purposely left out by Freya: Celestine ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )

Hubyr, Yo, Stone

Hubyr.jpgHubyr couldn’t help but smile down at Luna as she mentioned escape. His ears also picked up that Sigurd made his way back up just fine. He had no doubt in the man to not let his muscles fail him. It was the frail woman that concerned Hubyr the most in the moment.

At Sigurd’s comeback about Skadi, Hubyr relented, “Yes. You are right. Your devotion to them is a beautiful thing.” Though, Hubyr wasn’t about to apologize for his statement about scaring the man. After all, the water didn’t get their blood this hour.

To be perfectly honest, the more people in a stealth mission, the more likely they’ll be discovered,” said the man who was definitely not being very stealthy as of this moment. It’s not like this was a hunt for a feral, dangerous beast.

As they walked down the path, which was lined with perfect rectangular indents where coffins sat within, the light was growing dimmer as everburn torches were more and more being less and less lit. Some of the torches hung on the walls were even missing.

It wouldn’t be long before they stumbled upon the humble group that was looking to get into the church themselves. Ironic, really. Those that were trying desperately to leave stumbling upon those so curious to know why the church was locked up.

~*~​

Yo by Nona.jpgYo was relieved to see Leone not tattered or beaten up. What a familiar feeling it was, running from the disaster. Though, instead of Master Mages chasing them, it was tumbling buildings and dangerously swinging signs. “If a boar can’t impale me, I can’t be squished by a building!” The logic wasn’t entirely correct, but she had faith in her own magic abilities.

Stone was dusting his clothing off as they had approached the cemetery, “Likewise. Gwendolyn, Pozou, and Helena would be cross if any more received injuries. We’ve gone four days since the last, and despite this cataclysmic event, I hope it stays that way.” His bright green eyes flashed to Yo, who was busy circling Vaal and Leone like a vulture after she had finished with Stone, checking them for injuries, oblivious to the side eye she received from the Momerki.

What?” came the voice of Vaaltari to Yo.

In a serious expression, she gently touched his arm, the one that had been doing all the stretching. “I wanted to make sure nothing was broken. You were doing so much and I couldn’t be of much help.

Thoughts of the man who greeted them at the church gates earlier was nowhere to be found, and it honestly wasn’t a serious thought that crossed either the Dragonfolk’s or the Momerki’s mind, as there were more pressing matters flitting around.

GStone.jpgInvestigating the mausoleum, which the door was ajar, seemed the next best step. It wasn’t large, but it wasn’t inconspicuous either, since it was built into the side of a hill.

Yo shuddered upon entering. Even with the everburn torches, she couldn’t help but fiddle her fingers together as she shrunk her head into her shoulders. “Guuuuys, this place is creepy. The stories I’ve read always put these kinds of things into horror stories.

Looking at Stone, Yo almost couldn’t really tell he was there. The only thing that settled her unease was that the torches did flicker against his dark fur, giving away his location. How easily he seemed to blend into the landscape, it spooked Yo, considering she was still pretty capable of seeing in low light.

Determined to not be behind everyone if that happened, she had nabbed onto the first person she could reach, aiming to grab a hand, arm, elbow…

When Vaaltari took off down a path, Yo startled, since Stone also took off with him. “W-wait!

She ran along, careful not to trip on any wayward stone or, Dragons forbid, bone.

It wasn’t long before they would all be able to hear the voices, to which something they may have heard was along the lines of “Ow Skadi…” A different language?

rp.jpg

Gwendolyn continued to search the area as she healed Calicus and finally saw a break in the water from something other than a ginormous rock. Celestine had surfaced with Lorrin in tow and Gwen let out a sigh of relief. “Thank the gods.” She whispered as the two swam ashore. She looked down at the unconscious tour guide and back up to her companions. What the hell do we do now? Quiet groans came from the guide as he came to and Gwen smiled, thankful that everyone was alive. She could handle injuries but losing a life was unimaginable. The thought of carrying that burden sent shivers down the mage's spine. Calicus mumbled something but she couldn’t quite make out what he said and watched as he sat up. Carefully watching him, he cast a heat bubble around himself as he looked around, gathering his thoughts. At this moment, the temperature didn’t bother Gwendolyn. Having grown up on Lunar Island, the cold was familiar and seemed to put the mage at ease. Well, as much as she could be in the cavern that was quickly collapsing.

Now that the guide was awake she stood up and scanned the cavern, hoping an exit had shown itself. She listened as Calicus spoke and her brows furrowed. Did he hit his head too hard? Does he not remember approaching our group back at The Stone? He continued to speak, asking to be taken to the church so he could speak to a master mage. Does he work for the Inquisition? Questions ran through Gwens head as she tried to process the last five minutes. Watching as Calicus walked over to Lorrin and Celestine, she walked further up the shore to look for a way out. Pain shot through her leg as she limped across the rocks, holding on to nearby structures to keep her balance. She had forgotten her leg had been injured and decided to ignore it, seeing there were more pressing matters to deal with. She needed to save her energy in the case she needed to use spells. As she searched, the air around them began to get colder. She watched as icicles formed on the rocks around her and her breath became visible, showing how ragged her breathing had become. She was exhausted but this was no time to rest. Rubbing her hands together, she attempted to keep herself warm from the rapidly dropping temperature. Ayana’s voice echoed through the cavern, asking about a way out. The mage went to respond but the faint sound of footsteps made her fall silent. Water crashed behind her as rocks continued to fall into the abyss but there was another noise echoing around her. The footsteps were in unison with the splashes as if the person, or thing, was attempting to conceal themselves. A small giggle was heard soon after but it was faint.

Gwen looked back to the group to see if they were hearing the same things but it seemed they were oblivious or maybe the nearby water was too loud. Lorrin was yelling his response to Ayana and seemed to be alright. Turning back she heard the giggling once more and she felt something pull her to follow the noise. She took a step forward but shook her head, deciding to turn back and return to the group. Sitting on a rock, she cast a heat spell that surrounded them, much like the one Calicus did for himself. Gwendolyn took a deep breath as she welcomed the warmth before focusing her eyes on the guide. “We can get you to the church. You just have to help with escaping. There's… something down here with us and we need to move quickly.” Her eyes moved to the rest of the group. What an odd mix of personalities.I know basic earth magic and can start digging us a way out unless we can find a tunnel of some sort. We can’t be too far below the surface.” Looking up to the hole in the ceiling, she bit her lip. The earth seemed to have settled as much as it could and the volume of falling rocks had decreased, only the occasional boulder crashing into the water behind them. She could still hear the faint footsteps and took a deep breath as she pushed her fear away, keeping her composure.

Jet Jet Pik Pik Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Taigakitt Taigakitt Lost Echo Lost Echo

Twenty minutes ago at the Lodge
Collabed with EldridSmith EldridSmith
3a5ed04562632b73dd7b0bc0067f2b12.jpgLucien watched from a window when the drunk bastards passed out, laughing under his breath. His amusement was immeasurable, but when bartenders hauled them away he scowled and muttered curses, realizing the workers were drugging and capturing people. Hell even the customers pretended that nothing was wrong, meaning the whole damned tavern was working together.

His stomach dropped when he understood what was happening, but he needed to stay sharp. There were people inside he needed to warn, so he forced a neutral expression and walked through the front door, heading towards the staircase. He was uncomfortable the entire time, feeling tense with enemies around him — but the scumbags were passive for now. They allowed him to cross the room and head downstairs, reaching personal quarters a moment later.

His main concern was warning Lucien and Vanessa, so he searched through rooms until finding them in a common area. He wasted no time explaining the situation, and suggested they hang around the courthouse, promising to meet them once the slavers were defeated. Once they were gone he continued to the private rooms, barging through a door and aggressively whispering "Liam wake up! Three of our people have been taken. Follow me!"

He would eventually explain more, but for now there was only one goal. Leaving the tavern as soon as humanly possible.

1592358718697.png Liam quickly darted out of the bed he had been laid upon, he felt both refreshed and the most sore he had ever felt in his life. The words whispered to him soon registered and he fearfully nodded and followed the man. He hoped that the people who were nice to him, especially Jane who smiled so brightly at him every time they saw each other. His face flushed slightly rose colored before he shook his head, he didn't know what that feeling was and he didn't have time to figure out either. He silently waited for the man to explain more as they made their way to the man's next destination.

Lucien marched upstairs with the young man behind him, glancing around the room for signs of trouble. But nobody moved a muscle. The pretend workers and patrons were bloody cowards, who preferred backstabbing and poisoning over honorable confrontation. They were damn good actors though, looking completely uninterested as Lucien strode towards the main entrance.

When the mage stepped from the tavern, he gestured towards a humble side street, walking there immediately after. Then he stopped and faced the southerner, clearing his throat before explaining the mission. "The bartenders drugged three of our people... the sisters and Pozou to be specific. I assume the lodge is infested with slavers, but the dodgy fuckers targeted the wrong group today. We're going to find out what's going on, and bring the hammer down on these degenerates. Understand?"

Liam carefully watched Lucien as they moved, moving when he moved, and stopping when he stopped, the scent of the people who were here was faint meaning they had left. "D-D-Did the s-sisters h-have red hair?" Liam asked nervously as he smelled Rose and Jane but their scent was also faint and something that's smell made him uneasy was also lingering from where their scent came from. The chance it was those two was high and he wished it wasn't true so he wanted to ask to make sure. "S-Slavers?!" He said as distant memories arose in his mind... faint images of people chasing him through the desert before the next thing he remembered from that scene was the sand had been died a crimson red. He knew they wanted to take him and use him so he had ran, he knew they were bad people and he wouldn't let them get his companions. "I. HATE. Slavers." Liam said... however his eyes had a dark red tinge leaking into them as he declared this with a low growl. His body began moving low to the ground as his tongue flickered in and out of his mouth as he began to follow the scent of the sisters. His mind clouded with an unknown yet somehow familiar presence. "Follow behind me." He hissed before darting off to follow the scent.

Lucien could see there was strength inside the boy. It was concealed but lurked below the surface, waiting for a reason to pounce — and today that reason was the sisters. Lucien liked them and wanted to rescue them too, but the young man was on another level. He went insane hearing the news, bolting away at ten thousand miles an hour.

Lucien was impressed but suddenly frowned, realizing he actually needed to follow the speeding snake. His look communicated something like "I'm way too old for this shit" before he sprinted to reach Liam, passing through narrow streets and pedestrian crowds. Eventually he caught his partner and panted "I'll follow your lead" sounding winded already.

Then he scanned the area for more slavers, tracking anyone who looked his way for more than a moment. Maybe he was being paranoid but enemies could be everywhere, made clear when he warned "I think the bastards are out here too. Keep your eyes sharp and be prepared for anything."

Liam's eyes kept darting around to see if there were any possible assailants at the ready to attack them, however seeing as there were no one with weapons drawn yet he continued the search. "Many hostile eyes, no weapons drawn yet." He declared as he glanced back go see Lucian catch up, winded.

"They're in there somewhere." He hissed angrily as they arrived at the store, his fury directed at the situation and the people involved in harming those who were nice to him. "Are you good at getting information?" He asked Lucian as his crimson eyes darted around with a frown, he wasn't good with people in the slightest.

Lucien wheezed and bent forward with his hands on his knees, gradually regaining strength. Then he stood straight, flattening creases on his clothes and answering "I have some experience." The memories made him grimace, but his past would come in handy today.

11b03a75d32cef822c4edb0f2c927743-2.jpg "Can I help you" the shopkeeper suddenly asked from across the room, sounding curiously concerned. He knew something was strange when overhearing the duo, and approached them with an inquisitive stare.

Lucien sensed something was wrong and stepped towards the fashionable man, coming uncomfortably close before saying "Two women and a Queztola came through here. Where are they?" He sounded accusatory, like a detective interrogating a known criminal.

Amad immediately answered "What? No I've seen nobody matching that description! Are you with the magistrates office?" He sounded innocent as could be, expertly selling his bullshit.

Lucien stepped even closer, narrowing his glare and growling "You can lie if you want but Liam's nose doesn't. They were here."

Amad frowned, held his palms out and defensively said "You must be mistaken sir I remember every customer who comes through my doors. I'm not one to forget a friendly face you see. Maybe the people around the store would know?"

Lucien looked towards his partner, letting him know the situation was about to explode. Then he stared through Amad and went "They weren't customers. They were captives. Brought here to your slaving den. Answer honestly or so help me... I'll place your fucking head on a spike myself!"

Amad rapidly blinked with false indignation, then suddenly turned cold and raised his hand to fire a spell. But Lucien was faster. He sent a massive wave of force magic forward, launching the merchant across the room. Amad slammed the opposite wall a second later, crashing into a stocked wardrobe before thudding against the ground and groaning. Then the wardrobe tipped over and landed square on his side, making him scream out in pain.

"Sorry you need to see this" Lucien muttered to his partner, before approaching Amad and pushing the wardrobe away. Then he kneeled down and grabbed the merchant's collar, dragging him up while shouting "Last chance!"

Liam’s now wholly blood crimson eyes flashed as he quickly darted forward and wrapped around the man. “Speak quickly… each word is one closer to death if our questions go unanswered.” He hissed in a low tone as he glared down at the man who was caught in his iron coils.

But the slaver maintained his innocence, stammering "I don't... I don't know anything!"

Liam, now being even further agitated by the man began squeezing, slowly tightening his body around the man with fury. “TELL US WHERE THEY ARE!!!” He spat in the mans face, his intention clear: speak or die.

Amad screamed curses when Liam constricted him, but he stayed strong and coughed out "I don't know… I don't know what… what you're talking about!" He sounded miserable but for some reason his lips were sealed. He even laughed, hoping the investigators understood how pointless their questions were.

Liam’s eyes flashed blood red and he began to start rapidly tightening his coils with intentions to turn the man into an explosion of flesh and blood, he did not make light of his threats.

Lucien scowled when the southerner constricted Amad, knowing the merchant was doomed unless something changed. But how could he stop the murder? That was a tough question because attacking Liam was too much, even though he wanted Amad for questioning. He needed to make a move before things got worse though, so he grabbed Liam by the shoulders, shaking him while shouting "We can trade him for our people you fool! Don't kill the man! He's valuable to us!"

Liam’s eyes squint at Lucian but he slowly releases the man, who at this point probably had broken ribs and lots of bruises, but he was alive. He then turns to follow the scent of the others even further before finding a hidden hatch, which he ripped the door from it’s hinged in haste to try and save the others. He then jumped down leaving Lucian to tie up the man before following.

Lucien was obviously annoyed, rubbing his temple before knocking the merchant unconscious. Then he mentioned "Before people see what's happening. I'll tie him up and stash him in the back" He sounded hesitant, but there was no going back now — so he rummaged through clothing racks, snagging strong leather belts. With them he bound the merchant's feet and hands together, before fusing the steel belt hooks with intense heat magic, locking them in place.

Now there would be no escape for the slaver.

Lucien stood and appreciated his handiwork, then closed the storefront and dragged the merchant into the back room, stopping when the destroyed hatch came into view. Then he locked the door behind him and grabbed clothing from a nearby table, making a bootleg head covering for the unconscious man. That would keep noise down whenever the merchant woke up, assuming he could even speak with his severe wounds.

With every base covered, Lucien headed underground using a metal ladder installed below the hatch. He continued until complete darkness surrounded him, before summoning a lumen spell. Naturally he looked down, seeing dark motionless water without any visible land. But there was no going back now. Lucien was committed to the mission, dropping from the ladder and into water so cold, he wondered how the hell it wasn't frozen.

Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:

• 39A75A23-65D9-4AFB-B793-D5D71171D294.png

Tags:
    Kuma ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )
    ~ Outside the Hospital ~
    Sneaking Suspicions || Helena's CS File || Roland's CS File

The abyss huh? For something to affect the underground sewers, she wondered if it was an attack. She couldn’t imagine why a bunch of idiots would want sewer water as their background to a battle but she couldn’t imagine it was some rift creature no matter what the woman may say. Well she never quite believed in rift creatures anyways, no matter what that thing on the island was. She let the woman run off staring at her back. The church huh? Wasn’t that where one of the groups headed to? She couldn’t think of anything else in that direction.

The hospital started to shutter the moment the woman left it. Why was she not evacuating them? Roland snuck a glance back as the doctor passed him. Was she really going to… He shook it out of his head. The building wouldn’t fall right? He turned to Kuma as the batty woman ran off. Ordinarily he’d have run off after the woman with no hesitation, but he kept glancing back to the hospital with a frown on his face.

“Uh Helena, Miss Kuma. The hospital is...?”

Her hesitation was a weakness. Kuma was right, the church was hit harder. But the hospital was next, it was unprotected now and that woman left them without hesitation. She was a war cleric more used to fixing people then keeping them safe in the first place. She couldn’t turn a blind eye to this though. If they were in danger they needed to know.

“I know Ro. I know. We have to evacuate the hospital. Kuma? You say they’re fine right now?”

Knowing them the streak of being okay wouldn’t last that long but it wasn’t like they couldn’t evacuate the hospital and then run to the church as backup. She sighed as she tied up her hair and hiked up her skirt so that it wouldn’t touch the floor. Of course she could never get one day where she walked into a situation in proper attire.

“The Doctor is headed to the church anyways?”

He spoke with hesitation that he was sure Helena could hear. He didn’t much like the good doctor. He didn’t much like anything about this. He was worried for the others, perhaps the safest choice was simply to evacuate the hospital and get on their merry way. He doubted Lucien and the others would disagree. The well wouldn’t be in the middle of a city anyway.

“Hmm wouldn't trust her as far as you can throw her. Well if it would agree with you Kuma evacuation shouldn’t put us too far off a times table.”

F736EBAB-CA4F-4629-A731-289C5DBDD539.jpeg

???
Involved: Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith

Back at the more cavernous location of Liam and Lucien, where a large lake resided, a figure stood and waited, her hands behind her back, beaked mask over her face. In the dim darkness that seemed to have faded a shade at some point, the goggle part of the mask seemed to shine a bright white, silver hair poking underneath the mask. She tilted her head precariously as she stared at the figures in the distance of the cavern, on the far end, as if she was standing on water.

Have you come to be saved? Healed maybe? Long ways you are from the hospital or the church. Lost lambs, maybe?

Voices could start being heard among the caverns, excited chatter as words could be heard like “saved” and “bosses.” Though, the owners of those voices never entered this particular cavern.

nice.jpg Luna sighed at the question Sigurd asked and thought for a moment before she answered. “It’s peaceful here but I want to go home. Where I’m familiar with things. No one can heal my sight so it's time to go home.” She said, her smile faltering for a moment. She whistled, hoping to get an accurate sense of her surroundings but Hubyr was walking quite fast so she only caught a glimpse of the narrow tunnel. If she had eyes, she would have rolled them at her carrier's words. “I’m not the one who breaks everything when I attempt to escape. You’re already on their watchlist.” She said, laughing a little. Seeing as there were no guards chasing after them, their escape seemed to be going smoothly. As smooth as having the ground open up in the middle of the catacombs and the men almost falling into the pit could go. Soon Luna could hear distant footsteps further down the tunnel and she sat up a bit straighter. Brushing her hair behind her pointed ears, she listened as numerous pairs of footsteps rapidly approached them. The footsteps stopped and so did Hubyrs. Figuring they had come face to face with the group, Luna whistled. Four figures stood before them and she could feel her heartbeat rapidly increasing. She tightened her grip on Hubry and whispered in his ear, “Who are they?

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Jet Jet The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Apprentice Yyvin
bb3deafc1532dc2e39580af13527d3bd.jpg

"Ow stop dat!" was the closest thing to a "thankyou" the master would get from young Yyvin. The boy had beastial manners, having come from the streets years ago during a massive snowstorm. The previous master guessed his parents were dead, leaving the young boy to survive on scraps before the church rescued him. No wonder he was animalistic and defensive even now, almost growling when the current master attended his wounds.

He was also annoyed because civilians were lounging around his church. Everyone thought they were so awesome too! Whatever. The adventurers were bloody annoying but.... well his reason was embarrassing. He envied how strong they were, and knew he would never travel across the realm as they did. Instead he would work here forever, unless he caught the attention of the Hunters. Fat chance that would happen though.

He needed real combat experience for that honor, and even now he couldn't get any. The church was on lockdown and everyone was acting like a damned coward. None of his mates came along when he escaped the church, before battling alone against enemies on the street. But of course there were too many and he barely survived, sustaining wounds during his scrambling retreat. Had others been with him he would've been fine though. His injuries were their fault in a way, the damned weaklings. They made him screw up and now he was thoroughly embarrassed, receiving medical assistance after returning a loser.

He despised his own dependence, mumbling "They're lucky I was alone" to boost his wounded ego.

Then he frowned when the master mentioned caution, answering "I get caution sir but me and the lads is going crazy!" He paused and slowly stood from the squeaking mattress, continuing once he was balanced. "We gotta take the fight to these bastards! We can't get no ravens out, can't go on dem streets, can't even take a stroll in the sunlight — cause they might launch bloody arrows at us! I can't live like this sir, I'm gonna toss meself off the fucking balcony!"

But when Tallis mentioned broken wards and missions, the apprentice suddenly changed gears! "I'll track em down if you need! I'm already fitter than a fiddle, healthier than a horse, stronger than an armadillo! Point me where to go and I'll bring em back in chains... or not... whatever you prefer!" He bounced on his feet and rotated his shoulders, desperately selling his strength.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Last edited:
eedf7b184e2a1174143d08fb9b2c8aa2-1.jpg

Calicus beamed and answered "Yes of course! I will always help someone in need... usually!" He assumed the young man was thanking him, and almost bowed before approaching the tunnel. Then he examined the entrance and brushed his beard when the blonde spoke, wondering what she was on about. Apparently there was something underground with them, but where? Calicus noticed nothing. Was the woman having visions then? Maybe head trauma was responsible?

But then a noise cut through the silence.

The sound was like laughing children. But there were no children underground — only monsters that ate them. He suddenly understood why she sounded uncomfortable, and his heart pounded, hands clenched and face tensed with nervousness. Then he stared down the nearest tunnel and stepped backwards before saying, "Thankyou for agreeing to bring me back and for your sharp hearing young misses. My old ears can barely hear that... sound. I can only imagine what horror from the depths is making it. We must hurry out! I can assist your spells unless you prefer working alone. Tunnels should work quite well!"

Calicus paused and glanced to the young man, adding "Or we can try your idea? I assume ropes would be safer and...." But he suddenly stopped, peering up when Obsidian descended. Her bravery was commendable, but coming down was dangerous for about.... oh maybe seventeen reasons?

Even though he respected her nerve, he wanted less people in danger not more. So he breathed deep and desperately shouted "WE'RE DOING WELL, BUT SOMETHING DANGEROUS RESIDES HERE! SAVE YOURSELF AND TELL THE INQUISITION WHERE WE ARE! THEY CAN ASSIST US!"

Obsidian would probably ignore his warning, but maybe she would turn away? In the meantime, he stared down the dangerous tunnel and furrowed his brow, wondering aloud, "Do you think the sound is emanating from there?" He nervously gestured at the tunnel entrance, sweating bullets as the surreal laughing continued.

Sarahspn Sarahspn
Pik Pik
Lost Echo Lost Echo
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:

• tumblr_pyz2w3gy0m1sbia0jo2_r1_400.jpeg

Tags:
    Luna ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) Hubyr, Yo, Stone ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Vaal ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Leone ( Jet Jet )
    ~ Church Basement ~
    Fragile || Sigurd's CS File

He accepted Hubyr’s not apology, he was used to the man. Besides, by far his was a welcome reaction, so few understood their own roots mocking the Drauttim entirely. Yet they had no words for the ones that would prey upon their own faithlessness. No, he much rather preferred this welcome feeling out of Drauttir. He wondered idly just how serious the man was. He could never tell, and Hubyr just kept throwing him for loop after loop.

“I did not believe us to be on a stealth mission. I would not have broken the doors if I knew it to be so.”

He heard Luna agree wholeheartedly as she pointed out that they’d already been on the watchlist. Even if they did perform stealthily he doubted that they would get far. Luckily with Luna around at least if they did get caught they’d be wandering around with one of the churches own. He paused his steps as Luna asked who they were.

He looked forward to see a group approaching. He had no idea who they were and thus couldn’t really give the woman the answer she wished. He stared them down as the newcomers appeared. He supposed that they might very well be travelers? They seemed appropriately dressed for such.

“I have not the slightest clue Luna- So who exactly are you travelers? By any chance might you know a Mister Lucien?”

20201201_124833.jpg

Ayana waved when the northerner departed, wishing her good fortune and safe travels through town. Then she watched the geomancer descend into the darkness, wishing she could manipulate stone too — but earth magic was something she knew nothing about.

That seemed so stupid and shortsighted now. Ayana was screwed without earth magic! Her only resources were tree roots, tree roots and even more tree roots. Then extra roots for good measure. They were dense and uncomfortable to hold, but could make ropes and were numerous too. Hundreds of them breached through cracks along the ancient stone walls.

Ayana examined them and selected the strongest ones, then shouted "Thanks for repairing the floor Obby!" Her tone was energetic, but her expression soured when she cut down roots with a wind blade.

She hated damaging trees, and hoped the sacred plants would understand when she explained herself. "This is to help my friends! Please forgive me! I'll plant many trees to repay your generosity!" Her tone was like an old friend from years ago, making amends for dumb childhood mistakes. Then she compassionately added "I know you're...." but stopped when ominous laughter and shouting came from below. The sound made her pointed ears twitch, eyes narrow, and hands shoot to her bow. Her instincts screamed danger and she guessed the laughing was from a cave creature — maybe an abyssal one that used human sounds as a lure? There were similar stories from the eastern ocean, where murderous mermaids lured sailors with charming songs.

This wasn't a problem though. Her homeland had dangerous beasts with fangs longer than swords, who rammed through walls and smashed trees into splinters. Ayana was trained to battle those beasts, and had several takedowns below her belt already. Whatever she found here would pale in comparison, so her only concern was keeping everyone else safe. But helping them would be hard, because her rope was a bunch of unconnected roots stuffed under her arm, and weaving them together would take too much time. A damned dilemmas this was.

What to do? What to do? Ayana chewed her cheek and considered her options, but nothing made sense other than dropping down the hole. But dropping down was too dangerous! It was a bone-headed move, and making an escape rope would be impossible then — but then again a monster needed slaying. Not to mention the rescue team Freya would assemble and return with. The rope would be useless when they arrived, so what would Ayana actually accomplish by staying safe? Absolutely nothing.

So she would make the jump, approaching the ledge thinking This should be interesting... Think happy thoughts... Happy thoughts Ayana! It's like jumping from a tree!

Then she placed her bow on her back, closed her eyes and leaned forward, allowing gravity to do the rest. Eventually she dropped over the ledge and down through the darkness, grimacing when cold wind passed around her face. The temperature was intense but she stayed strong, staring down despite the brutal wind stinging her eyes. The underground lake was closer than she expected though, so she extended her arms like a superhero streaking across the sky, before unleashing a massive wave of wind magic that drastically slowed her speed.

When she impacted the water, her speed was reasonable and nothing was broken. But the cold water was brutal, making her scream out with surprise and loudly gasp. Desperate to escape the cold, she rushed across the lake and flopped from the water, shivering like a hypothermia victim. "W-w-why is ce-ce-centos s-so co-cold?" She managed, standing with her arms wrapped around her dripping body. Her numb hands made magic hard, but she focused harder on warming the air around her, doing the same heating spell as the others.

With her hands warming up, she easily pulled the water from her clothes and hair, before swinging her bow around again. Then she breathed deep to recover zapped strength, and bounced her gaze around the group before speaking again."Freya will return soon with a rescue party, then we can return to where it's warm and doesn't smell like salt shakers!" Her happy tone rang through the room like a bell, before she turned serious and addressed the horrible situation. "About this ominous sound... has anyone discovered where it originates? Have any of you heard tales that mention such a noise? Do they speak of such things on the Lunar Islands? Or around here mister Calicus?"

Lost Echo Lost Echo
Sarahspn Sarahspn
Pik Pik
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6 (2)-1-1.jpg

Leone almost laughed when Yo mentioned the creepy atmosphere, then jogged behind everyone when they darted down the tunnel. He was too comfortable underground for their hurried sprinting, having seen much worse over many years of exploration. Town catacombs were a walk in the park at this point... which was probably a bad thing but alas, this place wasn't worth worrying about. The only dangers were the random people his group stumbled across.

Leone's hand twitched when he approached from behind, hearing the blonde mention Lucien. Fat chance this was a coincidence. These people were probably Inquisitors, asking around about names and tracking down leads. But then again, why were Inquisitors underground in the catacombs? Why was one of them carrying another? Why was there a shirtless savanna elf, who was setting records for shortness among his people? Why was there a blindfolded person wearing mage gear. Was she being kidnapped? There were a bunch of idiosyncrasies and Leone had no clue who these people were, so there was no way he would honestly answer the blonde.

"Lucien? I met a Lucien back in Almanor a few months back. Was a huge man. Taller than me by five or six inches and built like a workhorse. I think he got eaten by sea monsters... poor bastard" Leone sounded open and honest, selling his bullshit without a hitch. His profession necessitated lying from time to time, and by now it was a practiced talent.

He wanted to sound helpful though, so he continued thereafter. "If that's not your man, you can give us a physical description? Maybe we've seen him around town?" His curious tone made him sound genuine, even though its reason was steeped in deception. He wanted to know how and why random people knew Lucien, and paid close attention to their body language, searching for unconscious expressions.

Taigakitt Taigakitt
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
Sarahspn Sarahspn
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper
Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
celestine.png

Celestine Oceania

Along with Celestine's compressions, water magic was able to be used to pull the water from the archer's lungs. It was a technique the syphid hadn't considered, as drowning wasn't commonly an issue from where she came from. Had she had time to react, she would have been actually impressed by the land dweller's ingenuity. Instead though, the princess found herself getting lost amid all the chaos. Everyone who had fallen seemed to be alive, but that may not be the case for much longer should the cavern collapse in on itself as it appeared to currently be doing.

Had she had her trident, Celestine would have casted some barrier spell around them to save them from falling rocks or even created some path up to where they had fallen from by manipulating some of the earth around them, but that wasn't a possibility as her royal heirloom had been confiscated. If it wasn't for the sense of urgency, she would have taken a moment to curse the medic who left her unarmed, but she figured her mind would be put to better use thinking of a way to free the group.

Talk was going on about using earth magic to create a path back up or use the roots of trees to make rope, but it seemed the group had settled on one of the people who hadn't fallen just going back to town to get help. Hopefully they would still be alive when help arrived.

The two left up top had also decided to join them down in the cavern, an idea Celestine would have protested had she been more reactive. In her eyes, that was just throwing more people who were safe into a dire situation. In fact, she thought it may have been more helpful for them to stay above and try to stop the falling stones. It would give the fallen group one less thing to worry about and allow them to focus on finding a way out. Nothing could be done about that now though, as they had already joined them.

The cavern then started to grow colder, which was welcomed by Celestine, who was used to the chilly waters of the ocean depths. It was joined by strange laughter though, which only exacerbated the panic-inducing situation. The lighting in the area seemed to dim as well, which made Celestine believe the collapsing was happening much faster than she originally imagined.

"So... what now?" She found herself asking. It was directed more to herself than anyone else. As a ruler, she shouldn't have found herself in a situation like this, where she felt totally cornered and out of options. With the laughter sounding, she assumed this was a calculated event. It would make sense for it to be the Inquisition, as apparently this group had previously been attacked by them before. It was quite ironic, since Calcius was suggesting asking them for help. She considered suggesting this to Ayana when the woman asked about the potential cause of all this but figured it would be pointless.

First falling to those pirate sisters and now walking right into an enemy's trap... it seemed more and more as if she was not fit to be the leader she wanted to be. Her eyes then fell onto the stream which flowed deeper into the rock tunnel. "We're going swimming," she said, turning to the group and pointing in that direction. "There's no telling if the cavern will hold by the time that Freya returns with help. Our exit may end up being blocked, or worse yet, we may end up crushed under the debris. I know some of you are concerned about the cold, but I assume you'd rather be uncomfortable as opposed to injured, trapped, or dead?"

Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo Pik Pik Taigakitt Taigakitt Sarahspn Sarahspn

Nezumi, Bonded Rat
Catacombs
April 20th, afternoon
Jet Jet (Leone) Taigakitt Taigakitt (Yo, Stone, and Hubyr) The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Vaaltari) Sarahspn Sarahspn (Luna) BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Sigurd and Skaldi)

So that was terrifying. Tucked under Leone’s shirt, it took a moment for Nezumi to calm enough to reassure Kuma of her safety. Or even herself. In many ways, she was grateful for the speed of the two-legger. There were occasions that experiments would go wrong, causing the ground to shake, but they were few and far between. And even then, she’d have Kuma to hide into.

She smelled the change as they went deeper into the catacombs. The two of them had gone into far too many for it to affect her, though she questioned the sanity of going underground after an earthquake. She could hear her brethren speaking of a wall collapsing, but oddly not more.

The dragonite’s concerns distracted her. Horror stories often featured the undead. She obviously had no experience herself, but perhaps later Kuma could ask for her people’s knowledge. They had not found any dragons in this new world. Hopefully it wouldn’t be more of the same. She was tired of the repetition. Weren’t sentients supposed to be creative?

She considered jumping down, joining the fellow vermin for answers on what laid ahead, but they spoke up of two-leggers. At first she thought it was in regards to her own group, but those who were coming toward them seemed surprised to see more. But she could not warn anyone. She may have known the language of the beasts, but she could not speak it. If she could, then at least the type two could have understood. Probably. It spoke the human tongue, but it definitely was fairly animalistic.

She grimaced as a high pitch whistle reached her, seeming to echo down the hall. Wha-why was that? The incomers were likely comfortable within the church (and its catacomb) to not bother with stealth...but was one of them calling something? Her muscles tensed again at the thought. What type of creature would the Inquisition have trained?

It was not long for the groups to meet. Two smelled strongly of magic, while the third smelled of sweat. She agreed with her ride to not trust them, though thankfully this time he showed his intelligence. His bullshit was brilliant, Kuma would have been proud. Nezumi did not know if he actually had met another Lucien, but it was wonderful. She pressed her nose against his shoulder, in both appreciation and warning, before climbing down his back. His clothes were full of easy ledges, so she did not need to create her own with her claws. Truly, an excellent ride. She scurried behind Yo’s feet before joining the rest of the rats.

Immediately out of the mage lamp’s light, she rolled in the dust on the ground, lessening the stench of two-leggers. Most rats had a general smell, for they were such good sources, but there were limits. Leone’s human scent was buffered by the magic and leather that surrounded him. For some, the magic would be an issue, but the air was saturated with the church’s magic. She was welcomed; rats needed scarcity and fear to be anything but. She loved these places. Though there were intruders, even the quietest was loud within a tunnel.

Kuma/Korina

Street, in front of the Hospital
April 20th, afternoon
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Helena and Ro)
Currently imitating Vanessa Wagner's face without hair; the likeness is difficult to tell

Agreeing with Helena’s assessment of the doctor, she reassured, “They’re in the catacombs; I highly doubt she’s running there.” She shook her head adding, “Evidently it is sealed up; even acolytes apparently could not enter. They had to find another route.” Plus, it was possible she wasn’t actually heading to the church. It wasn’t like Kuma knew the town; maybe there was something important between them and that massive building.

Looking back at the building, she nodded with a shrug, “Evacuation it is.” It was expected. Plus, she evidently had enough morals to drive her to help. Walking back to the building, one could hear her mutter, “I don’t even like humans.”

She opened the door gently, giving a slight buzz to catch everyone’s attention. She spoke to both sides, letting herself fall back into Korina’s mindset. “Everyone, we will need to evacuate the building. Your Dr. Cash protected us, but there was an earthquake.” She spoke in a calm voice, speaking directly, but not inciting a panic. “I do not know the cause, but as Dr. Cash was needed at the Church, it will be best to stay outside until we can check the building’s integrity.” For once she was glad of her differences; being blue in a sea of dirt colors made it easy to capture people’s attention. After those waiting begin to leave, they could go to the remaining doctors.

• 12823240ee0d8bc1ac0bf9fc66278742.jpg

Tags:
    Kuma ( Lost Echo Lost Echo )
    ~ Hospital ~
    Achilles, Come Down || Helena's CS File

Their faces echoed no panic. In fact they looked just as happy to listen to them. Instead of the resistance she expected they all started to stand chattering amongst themselves. They didn’t rush at all and when they stood it became clear that the majority of the waiting room were never injured in the first place. Not a single person needed help, not a single precaution taken by the nurses as one would to move a patient.

What… what was going on in this hospital? The ones that passed her seemed to wander with aim. She could barely react before Roland ran forwards to go scour the inner hospital. She felt someone brush past her and try to grab her by the arm. She flung her arm out with displeasure that someone would dare touch her without permission.

“Just wha-”

image0 (7).jpg

Knightley? She looked at the man who’s white blond hair and familiarly extravagant clothes could never be missed. Why would he, he wasn’t that stupid. He had an eerily unfamiliar smile on his face as he spoke with far too much emotion in his words. Where was the detached calm she’d always known?

“Helena, Doll. Why are you standing around? Everyone’s coming along. If Doctor Cash is headed to the Church we all should be. It’s not safe here, your blue friend even said so.”

She felt anger raise within her bones. As Roland came running back, she pushed him behind her. Too many things were off. She felt paranoid, wrong, and much like she would like to grab Kuma and Roland and leave right now. She heard Roland questioning tone as he called for her attention. Everything felt terribly like she was forgetting something important. She nodded to Kuma as she held Roland by the hand and wandered closer to the woman.

“We were just going there. Go on ahead. Go.”

3a5ed04562632b73dd7b0bc0067f2b12.jpg

Lucien waded through the freezing water, hands burning from the tremendous cold, frost collecting around his mouth. He was a shivering mess and needed to reach land soon, but where was the damned shore? There was nothing around him but freezing water and darkness, without any land he could see.

But then a welcoming voice came from the shadows, and a masked woman appeared on a narrow shoreline. Her greeting was pleasant, but unfortunately she was spouting religious nonsense. Bloody god botherers. He wanted to keep swimming and take his chances without dealing with them, but then again the water was below freezing.

So he pushed through passing blocks of ice and crawled ashore, curling forward and breathing over his hands. His warm breath revived his frozen fingers, and soon he could warm himself with water magic, heating the moisture inside his clothes and hair. When he was done he exhaled a satisfied breath, slowly stood and looked over to Liam. "If you require a heating spell I can oblige." He went, sounding stern but caring nonetheless.

Then he eyeballed the masked woman, brow raising when he examined her getup. "What are you? Some kind of plague doctor? Is there an outbreak we should be aware of?" He was vaguely sarcastic, suppressing a smug smile.

But he was also suspicious. There was a small chance the religious weirdo was kidnapping and sacrificing people, because hell, the devil could write scripture too. He'd feel her out then, mining for information without revealing why he was here. "Look we're just a couple fellows who fell through a sinkhole. We're not in the market to be saved... What is this place anyway? Is there a church down here? Who do you worship?"

EldridSmith EldridSmith
Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
1607204631730.png Liam rapidly swam following the scent of the prisoners, though his large body began to rapidly begin losing heat at which point the strange lady appeared. He ignored her all together as his mind was completely elsewhere. However he soon began to shiver and he heard Lucian offer to heat him up prompting him to turn around and swim back to him. His shivering for before the man. "Get on I'll carry you while you warm me." He declared through his shivers, gesturing to his back, as he was faster in the water than Lucian was with his human legs. His now red eyes looked to the strange lady. "Do not bar our passage." He hissed. He wasn't waiting a second longer than he had to as the lake was freezing and he had a mission.
Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet

Lorrin Yumi
comm_pik_Full_colour.jpg

Jet Jet Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Lost Echo Lost Echo Sarahspn Sarahspn Taigakitt Taigakitt

The sound of giggling children did little to calm Lorrin's nerves, it was strange that he didn't hear it right away must be the stress of the situation. He had heard stories of monsters that would use human speech to mislead people into their nest, before eating them alive as their guard is down. But luckily for them, this creature must have not seen the outside in a long time using the sound of giggling children only raised concern from the party, increasing their readiness. "Actually now that we know that something is down here with us digging might be the safer way out of here, Gwen Id say get started on that tunnel the rest of us will have your back in whatever where dealing with, but should a rope come before your done will use that instead." Obsidian and Ayana would drop down moments later witch to Lorrin was more or less a double edge sword, on one hand, their abilities can be useful for escape but on the other should rescue come with a rope that's just two more people that would have to climb up with everyone. He also briefly listen to Celestine's plan but would quickly disagree with it saying. "We have no way of knowing how far the river travels out and unlike you us humans cant stay in freezing temperatures for a long period of time also we have the elderly." He looked towards Calicus "No offense. Plus leaving this area is likely what the creature wants us to do, if we go into unknown territory there is no telling what we will run into. Our best course of action should be to have Gwen and Obsidian work on a tunnel out while the rest of us guard them, if Freye returns with a rope before it's done we use that instead." He pulls out his bow drawing out one of the damped arrows it will be less effective now if they get into a fight he will have to pick up new arrows later. "Are we in agreement?"

Caved In
Involved: Jet Jet Pik Pik Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Sarahspn Sarahspn

Jester.JPGStep. Step~ step.

The dark figure with the fun hat skipped forward, upon the saltine lake, as if walking on the surface. In reality, every step they took, the water froze underneath, allowing them to walk without getting soaked. At the same time, the lighting around the area, where Ayana had been, and even down in these depths, it seemed to dim to almost darkness before going back to almost normal, though being maybe a tad bit dimmer.

Hello hello! Our fine lovelies~ Our gorgeous comrades! It looks like you fell through the hole! We can help get back up, if so desired. We can’t imagine how mortals feel being so far deep underground. It must be oh so disorienting! We can help! Help we can! Or we can eat! We like eating. Man, we’re so hungry.” The figure speaking had the same vocal and shading tone as the dark figure back at the cells, along with the same bright mouth and eyes. The difference was the height and attire. One foot had a boot while the other was bare.

They held their dark clawed hand out, “Come come~!” As they were approaching, the stones that had been falling stopped really doing so, as if the cavern had stabilized.

Last edited:
Elizabeth.png

Master Elizabeth

This was... not what she had expected when arriving at Stone's Throw. Everything seemed peachy keen from the outside, but apparently there was trouble brewing. It seemed the people of the town were not who they stated they were, and newcomers were disappearing left and right. Normally, rumors like these would have gone completely ignored by Elizabeth, but they came from Thallis, who was the only person in the realms she would suspend her disbelief for. Well, for everything except the Well. Either way, she made her way as quick as she could to the Church, using her old lady charms to nag off anyone in town who tried to get close to her. Her goal was to help Thallis pick an apprentice, but it seemed they would have much more work to do.

The woman snorted at the other Master's threat. "At least make his punishment useful! Heal him up and then make him organize the journals!" she suggested. In reality though, she would have done the same as Thallis was planning on doing and gone one step further by having the apprentice stay at the church and rest for the day.

"The feeling's mutual, Thally," she responded. "The youth so often act as if they aren't fit to run the world after we're gone." It was a very generalized accusation, but in all honesty, Elizabeth only aimed it towards the slackers and bums she had come across. Those who worked hard and made the best of the hand they were dealt, regardless of whether they succeeded in their endeavors or not, seemed perfectly fit to inherit the world. "Almost makes me wish the Well was real. I could wish for immortality and wouldn't have to worry about my successor messing up my research!" She let out a dry laugh. Truthfully though, that wasn't as big of a worry to her as actually choosing a successor. She had many capable apprentices under her tutelage.

"Speaking of make-believe, are you positive some sort of strange plague has taken control of everyone's minds? As much as I'd like to stay with you, I've only given my apprentices instructions for two weeks." Even if she still believed it was just some shady cult or something picking off visitors, the other's statement about the ward falling confirmed for her that something indeed was happening. "Bah! How dare they hurt an innocent man just doing his job?! Just wait until they get in range of my staff..." She shook her walking stick in the air before starting to walk in the direction of the fallen barrier.

"What?! He just returned covered in wounds and you're allowing him to come along?!" Elizabeth's gaze narrowed on Thallis. "You may have healed his physical injuries, but what about any mental trauma? Without proper down time, that'll just get worse!" Her stern gaze then fell onto Yyvin when he spoke up. "Curb your hubris! Did you think about what would happen to everyone else because of that stunt you pulled?! Did you consider how worried you made Thallis!? And how heartbroken he and your fellow apprentices would have been if you hadn't come back!? Next time you're feeling stir crazy, put your energy into something productive and ask your master if any rooms need cleaning or any notes need transcribing!"

As strongly as she believed that she and the other master were in peak condition to take on any threat, Elizabeth knew that some more numbers could only help, even if that unfortunately meant putting apprentices at risk. She looked between Thallis and the apprentice before saying, "fine. You can come along, but no more reckless behavior! And you better show Thallis some proper gratitude, or else I'll have to take a practice swing with my staff on you!"

Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Hubyr

Hubyr.jpgHubyr widened his stance, turned his back to the approaching group in an act of boldness and set Luna to her feet, whispering back, “We don’t know them. Stay behind me.

Turning back around, he narrowed his dark green eyes at them as he raised his bare fists, his muscles flexing to make himself seem even bigger. What did Centosians eat to get so big? He was part Savanna and was still on the short stick, where back home he was a goliath for a forest elf.

Taking in the others’ appearances, one seemed human. One was a Momerki, which he was able to identify easy enough… One was a walking, short, reptilian beast. She was definitely not human, but he didn’t know what she was. The most enigmatic was the one in the mask. What skin was visible was blue, which made him think forest elf first, but the height was very off. Looking at the feet, he noticed predatorial claws. Was he a beast?!

The beasts he’s taken down were easily four times his size, so that couldn’t be it. Besides, a beast would not have taken kindly to wandering with others not of their own species.

It was when Sigurd asked a question of if they knew a person that he was looking for did Hubyr loosen up a little bit, his hands dropping down a little; though, he wasn’t about to fully drop his guard.

The human didn’t seem to know a Lucien, and it would be best to move forward.

Alright, Sigurd. This group may not help. We should probably move on our separate ways so we can get out of this gross underground lest another quake happens. I doubt they’d even be able to help us find the girl I’m looking for. If we’re going to talk more, I’d rather be on the surface.

Hopefully they would let them pass… How troublesome if they ended up being catacomb bandits out to make off with a coin. Not that that would come easy.

rp.jpg
Gwendolyn smiled a little when Calicus agreed to help and stood up to follow him towards the tunnel. The sound of child-like laughter echoed through the cavern and chills went down her spine, almost making her heat spell useless. Rubbing her arms for warmth she looked around, trying to find the source of the sound. Lorrin agreed with her plan to dig out and she gave him a nod, relieved to hear that they had a plan to escape. She spotted Obsidian coming down the hole and frowned. Obsidian could help with digging a way out but Gwen didn’t want anyone else stuck down here. Ayana better stay above ground. Calicus yelled up at Obsidian and the mention of going to the Inquisition made her head turn. She stared at the guide and her frown slowly turned into a scowl. Don’t trust him. Turning away before he saw her face, she looked back at Obsidian just in time to see Ayana fall into the water. “Oh gods, help me.” She whispered, running her hands through her damp hair and letting them hang around her neck. Taking a deep breath, she fixed her face and walked towards the shore just as Ayana exited the water. “You two shouldn’t have come down here but we could use all the help we can get. Hopefully, Freya returns soon. In the meantime, we're digging our way out.” She said, managing a small smile to the women. “There’s nothing of this sort on the islands but whatever it is, we can defeat it.

Celestine’s voice caught her attention and Gwen looked her way, surprised to hear her speak. The option of swimming out sounded nice but the temperature of the water turned her away from the idea. She was still regaining feeling in her hands and toes and wanted to stay out of the freezing water as much as she could. Now that Obsidian was here, digging out would be much faster with three people working together. Walking towards the tunnel, she cast a Lumen spell that was slightly smaller than the one that continued to light the cavern. Staring down the tunnel, her spells began dimming and Gwen furrowed her brows. How? The sound of an occasional rock falling into the water seemed to cease, making the cavern eerily quiet. A voice cut through the silence and she quickly spun around. A dark figure was walking towards them but on top of the water. Looking closer at their feet, they seemed to be freezing the water as they stepped. Their voice seemed to change throughout their dialogue, making them seem even more sinister. Coupled with their melancholy appearance, they struck fear into the mage. She froze, thinking of a way to divert them away from their group. Making herself take a step, she put herself in front of the group in an attempt to protect them as much as she could. “We appreciate the offer but we have this handled. It’s best to get out of here while you still can.” Gwendolyn spoke up as she slowly moved her hand to her hip. Finding the hilt of her magic sword she managed to smile at the figure, hoping they would leave the group alone.

Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:
nice.jpg Hubyr set Luna down and she slowly stood up straight, not sure which direction she was facing. Them? How many were there? She wanted to use her echolocation to see the group but didn’t want to draw attention to herself. Following his directions, she grabbed his shoulder and positioned herself behind him. She breathed a sigh of relief when Sigurd informed her that the strangers were indeed strangers. The last thing she wanted was to be caught escaping with these men. She was advised to stay out of their escape attempts and inform her superiors if there was any chance that they would succeed. Given that she had tried escaping herself and she was without her vision, she wasn’t much of a lookout. She listened as one of the strangers, a male, responded to Sigurds question. Lucien? She had never heard of someone by that name and brushed it off, assuming it was someone in the man's life from before the church. Hubyr spoke up and suggested that they continued moving forward and she nodded in agreement. The faster they escaped, the sooner she was home.

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Last edited:
Vaaltari of Jata

"Ll go nowiere, sir" the hint of the accent becoming thicker with his growing annoyance. Vaaltari had remained defensive but withdrawn when Leone and the others caught up, taking the sidelines to watch the brief interaction. But upon seeing the elf decide he would want to break with his party, well, the Matugna certainly had no intention of allowing it.

Sheathing his weapon, and trading blade for fists, Vaaltari's 'skirt', the three section waist piece that hid his leggings, shuffled behind him and out emerged the dark purple and blue tail, stripes of aqua decorating the strange almost spear shaped tip that glinted in the light. As if tipped with metal when it was only flesh. "Zu will not leave jis place till you have answered my frund's question," the last a hiss, the next a whisper: "n some of my own. We mean zu-- you, and your peer no harm unless you give us high cause to lay waste to zu. It would be most unwise" both hands clenched, muscles flexed and a blue outline glowed around Vaaltari as he gained mass, "to fight in a enclosed space like this" he growled more than said through his exertion. Bulking up without any actual muscle appearing, in a instant, the Matugna had gained not just a few more pounds, but he'd grown in size. As if he'd been scaled up or everyone else shrunken down.

A living wall that probably had a better chance at blocking their path.

The glow surrounding him vanished instantly, and as it did, he adjusted his gauntlets. "Now, answer. Be truthful the lot of you. I will not hesitate to harm you should you make a malicious move. First, are you or are you not with the Inquisition? Yes or no, a simple answer." spoken calmly, said firmly. The metal masked humanoid creature's head tilted to the left as he waited for a reply.

Mentions: Jet Jet Lost Echo Lost Echo

Interactions: Taigakitt Taigakitt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back