• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here

matilda-fiship-tacher.jpg

Aedzel Phriln

An amnesiac. Of course, that's what he would think. She hadn't really thought further about it but it was the right direction to go through, well not really right. What's she's doing is wrong and she knows it. When she blurted that she doesn't remember him, she was afraid of him not believing her. If she had stayed, things would have been so much better but life went very differently. She was far too concerned with her past that she didn't appreciate what the present gave her. She needed to leave, the guilt and shame would be too much for her pride.

"Yes... My first troupe found me unconscious by a rode with a bloodied head." She said with feigned forlorn, looking down to the ground as her face slightly contorted in grief at bamboozling someone who practically saved her from dying. "I don't remember anything past that, the only thing that gave me a clue to who I was... was this locket with my name in it." Her hand reached up to her necklace, showing the inside where her own name was engraved. "Aedzel Phriln."

She made a wondering look, deep in thought as her eyes then flitted to his with a fake shine to it. "Perhaps, you can help me remember? I don't know if I can but if there is a chance..." She grabbed his hands and pulled it close to her when she actually wanted to slap herself. She shouldn't have said that. The moment she saw Pozou she decided to go and far away, but now... she was making excuses to stay. All because she felt guilty. She hates feeling, it makes her do stupid things.

She let her eyes wandered over to the other two people in the vicinity, noticing the glint of metal reflecting the light of the campfire. Aedzel saw the blade that was directed to Yo's arm, instinctively she moved, her mouth opened and said loudly, "No, wait! What are you-" She stopped herself when she saw Yo happily waving her hand and revealed no sort of damage what so ever to her appendage.

The bright colored Quetzola gave out a sigh of relief that no one was hurt, but the inside of her mind was a different matter altogether. What I saw... I was sure that the human just so readily tried to stab Yo without a flinch. Was it to show off her magic? That's... so stupid. Woman, you're drunk! YOU'RE LUCKY THAT YOU DIDN'T GET ANY INJURY FOR THAT. Anyone in their right mind would never agree to such a thing, that being said the Dragonfolk was inebriated as heck.

She looked back to Pozou, and wondered why was he even with such people. Her first impression to the group still hasn't changed. They seem disastrous, and so she asked him, "Can I ask a question? Why are you all here?"

mention: || interaction: Taigakitt Taigakitt Yo Fred Colon Fred Colon Daisy Arcanist Arcanist Pozou

A qualified Success!

Daisy watched Yo grin at her as the dagger did nothing despite Daisy driving it into her arm with considerable force. It was quite impressive, actually. And useful. Daisy could rely on Yo not to perish in a fight. This pleased Daisy. Recent experience had taught her being difficult to kill was a desirable trait in a friend. She seemed, as she had suspected, to have upset the other Quetzola , but it seemed she needed to play favorites in currying social favor. She didn't seem to object too much after Yo was revealed to be fine, anyway.

"I'm impressed." Daisy said, putting her hands on Yo's shoulders to keep the drunk woman steady. Yo was taking up most of her attention, standing so close, practically leaning on her. She wanted to pay attention to the newcomer as well, but it was difficult. "Does it work if someone hits you harder? With an arrow, or a shovel?"

When Daisy heard the question from the newcomer, Aedzel she said her name was, Daisy narrowed her eyes over her mask.

They were being hunted by inquisitors, newcomers made her uncomfortable. Though, to be fair, newcomers made Daisy uncomfortable regardless of the situation. Perhaps that was why she was so prickly. She had figured out how to act among these strangers. Found a proper mental state, a balance that had allowed her to join them. This stranger had upended all that. This didn't factor into the scenario Daisy had imagined when preparing for interaction with her peers. She had accounted for some level of chaos, Yo provided a lot, but she hadn't imagined a new person entirely.

"Varying reasons. Why are you here? Lost and amnesiac seems... strange? Like a lie, if I'm being honest. But I'll defer to our doctor on any medical assertions. "

Last edited:

• PoR_Lethe_artwork.png

Tags:
    Gwen ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) Vaaltari ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Obsidian ( Lost Echo Lost Echo ) Pelea ( OrWangatan OrWangatan ) Leonie ( Jet Jet )
    ~ The Delve ~
    No Way To Live

What was it like? She grinned just like she’d caught herself a nice little canary. An unhinged slightly batty grin that was more for show than actual insanity. She twirled on her feet with her tail whipping back and forth. She looked straight to Vaaltori. A series of small giggles that got louder and louder came from her own mouth before stopping suddenly.

“What are the delves like? Horrifying. Well only if you scare easily. My old team did, and the ones that didn’t… They haven’t returned yet. Hey beanstalk do cadavers scare you?”

She turned back around skulking closer to the delves door. The elf spoke, asking about the dangers. Hmm what to give what to give. With a smirk she jumped down the entrance landing safely at the bottom of the latter chute. She shouted from her position at the entrance to the Delve.

“The dangers huh? All of the above! Traps, most of them I’ve catalogued. Curses? Well a fair few have never left. As for brawls, well there’s a reason I need you guys. After all a mere archaeologist can only do so much on her own.”

She reached out her hand to the ones she left above her. A beckoning for them to follow as her eyes shined under the low light her pupils expanded as the light changed from natural to the flames of torches. Her body was illuminated from behind as the way past the ladder down looked to be already prepared. The woman had obviously made her way down in quite a few dives already.

“So will you help this poor girl out and find some trapped deep in the Delve’s Recesses or will you turn tail and go look for your friends up on the surface?”

31abd45b0fa076583bd9ab792fb28a10.jpg

Ayana was surprised when Helena mentioned personal problems. The armor question seemed callous when placed under such a lense — but the problem was, callous questions were an elven special. Back home there were no touchy topics. However the humans had many layers and rules to worry about. They were somehow emotional and serious simultaneously... an extremely strange combination to Ayana.

Elves were more normal and bombed away without hesitation. From raunchy to over-personal, there were no taboos. Holding back was an unknown phenomenon. The more uncomfortable elders were around a conversation, the more entertaining the conversation was! But when Amalia mentioned how armor was a mask, the young huntress almost regretted her question. And when everyone was done speaking she added "Apologies for asking about your armor. I only mean to understand people better. I hope my questions don't bring dark clouds to anyone.... Back home it's not uncommon to share very personal details and stories, but here everything is so strange. There is still much for me to learn about your culture!"

As her words ended, the herded trout came closer and closer, drawn by the huge worm on hook steel. Soon he chomped down with underwhelming trout power, making Ayana shoot up from grass covered ground. As she stood a loud and surprised "AHH!" escaped her mouth, marking the battle between huntress and above-average river trout.

Forest elves were weaker than larger races, making Ayana struggle when she leaned back and pulled. The pole curved when her nemesis swam away with fevered desperation, but Ayana was tenacious and doubled down as she heaved. Rearing her pole up and over her shoulder, she made one huge body movement, and like pulling a tooth she dragged her trout up from underwater.

Grabbing her catch from the mossy ground, Ayana grinned more than a graduate. And despite great distance, she easily tossed him into the community basket, exclaiming "Thankyou for the help! I have the hang of this now I think!"

Once a moment passed to collect her spastic energy, Ayana slapped another worm on the hook and cast again. Then she reclaimed her place on the grassy ground, and looking between the others she declared "Now we will have plenty Helena! Soon I will be a master fisher and we can impress the group with our grand gatherings. We can even present them to suitable mates of our choosing. As offerings! Bjorn will be overjoyed and then you can have someone spitshine your armor for you Amalia? Isn't that how you humans clean armor?" Ayana was displaying more misunderstandings — big time. Freya's question about the cleaning process was probably unanswered yet. One would hope anyway.

And of choosing mates? Forest elves were far from Centos Orthodox. Hunters slayed dangerous beasts to show adoration. More dangerous beasts made grander trophies and grander gestures. Although trout were no comparison to apex predators, everyone in the group was slowly starving. So maybe the humble catches would count for something?

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
MythyDW MythyDW

Last edited:
Pozou Artith
Mentions: - | Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel), Fred Colon Fred Colon (Daisy), Taigakitt Taigakitt (Yo)

Porou 2(3).jpg

Pozou glanced to Daisy, who had asked if he had known the strange Quetzola female that had entered the vicinity. He nodded, managing a smile, "Yes, I do. Mind you, I haven't seen her in quite a few years but that doesn't change anything," he reassured her, or rather, he might have been reassuring himself. If his impromptu diagnosis was anything to go by, perhaps it was.

Though, on the other hand, Aedzel mentioned she was found by a road, her memories and knowledge of her person having dissipated. The only thing signalling to any prior knowledge of herself was the locket with her name in it, and she looked at her with such a dazed and longing look in her eye that he was sure alerted to her amnesia. When she took his hands in hers, pulling them closer, and practically requesting his help on restoring her memories, he practically dove at the chance. "Of course I would! And never say never. There's been plenty of positive cases where people have recovered from amnesia," he told her quite proudly. He would have racked out the statistics regarding it, though, he didn't want to overwhelm Aedzel, the poor thing. If helping restore her memory allowed her to remember him again, he would be nothing short of a happy Quetzola. "Though, perhaps we shouldn't start that tonight. I'm sure you're very tired."

Pozou watched Aedzel for a moment, whose gaze returned to Daisy and Yo by the campfire again. She let out a yell, hoping to deter whatever it was the two were doing. Pozou only caught the latter end of a knife plummeting towards Yo's arm. He hadn't time to cry out or do anything himself. Rather, he watched the knife meet its target...sort of. What had been left behind was a white stripe and Yo's necklace flashed a brilliant red amongst the members of the fire before fading. Pozou felt the pent up breath inside him filter out in relief. At least he wouldn't have to deal with any casualties again this night.

Though, Pozou wasn't sure what to feel upon being called a 'silly goose' alongside Kiel. Silly, yes, but goose? He didn't look like a goose, did he? His distant goose cousins certainly had more distinguishing features that set them apart...

"That, um," Pozou cleared his throat. "That's quite a useful skill to have, Yo..." He commented, glad that she was at least able to perform such defensive measures, even while inebriated.

Pozou glanced back to Aedzel again when she directed an enquiry as to why they were gathered here. Daisy, however, answered before him and judging by the dark, narrowed eyes hovering above her mask in the dark, had little reason to trust Aedzel. The female Quetzola was lucky to have someone vouch for her as Daisy had already suggested. "I can assure you, Aedzel doesn't mean us any harm," Pozou quickly stepped in to defend her, more a plea for Daisy and Yo to trust her than a stubborn and furious outrage at them for not doing so. He could imagine he would be in the same mindset as Daisy if someone he didn't recognise came along.

Jace
< Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Anne Boolean Anne Boolean >

Jace's eyes danced when the old hermit said that he wanted him to go fishing. It was his favorite pastime and honestly one of the more useful ones that didn't usually include stealing from other people. "Low on fish? Don't worry, I can remedy that," he said with a grin. "When I get back, though, there's something we need to talk about."

Before Radameer could say anything more the young man grabbed his pole and rushed out the door. He wasn't entirely sure how to tell the kindly old man that he needed to leave, but he needed to. In any case, it was a quick walk to the river - and by the time he realized that there were other people fishing his hook was already in the water.

Just don't bother them and they'll pay no attention.
He thought while watching his hook. He could hear that one of them seemed rather high-energy though he still tried not to pay too much attention. However, when his first bite was a larger-than-average carp the thief let out a whoop as he reeled it in.

"You're not getting away, my last gift is gonna be the best," he growled as the fish fought him. At one point the carp lept out of the water and Jace threw one of his air-knives to finish it quick and clean - forgetting there were others nearby. He reeled it in and laid it in the cloth bag, humming happily before casting once more.​

knight1.jpgknight2.jpg

Amalia Winters

"Actually, I think it may have been a smart decision not to put most of our efforts into fishing, especially if we're gathering supplies to last us more than tonight," Amalia commented. "Fish is rather delicate, and spoils much easier than meat or fruit and nuts. I think gathering just a few for those who have a more pescatarian diet would be best." In fact, in terms of how much she would gather while with her troops, they had gone above and beyond what they would usually gather.

When Helena brought up her daughter a mental image of the savanna elf came to mind. The knight had seen her around while they traveled but hadn't really sat down to have a conversation with her. Kids weren't Amalia's strong suit. Looking to Helena once again though, she couldn't help but feel as if the woman was rather young to have a child, especially one of Ro's age. She didn't want to pry into the other's circumstances though, but couldn't help but theorize if daughter was just a title to make their relationship easier for others to understand. Ro looked quite different from Helena, and although interracial relationships wasn't unheard of, the girl was the spitting image of a different species as well. "Ah, I see. Well, from what I've seen at least, your daughter seems very sharp and capable."

When Freya brought up the potential dangers involved with foraging at night, Amalia gave a small nod from under her helmet. "I have to agree. Ideally it would happen during the afternoon, when the sun has dried all the dew off of the foliage. That way the herbs won't be soggy and potentially spoil while being carried. I believe Richard and Lucien are more interested in covering as much distance as possible while the sun is out though." It wasn't a bad idea, especially with them being pursued by the Inquisition. "If we continue traveling through the forest though, perhaps we can do both. And perhaps the medics in our group can sort through the gathered herbs while we travel as well, come tomorrow." Her eyes drifted to Helena from behind the visor.

"If you do decide to go pole fishing at the lake you don't need to worry about our haul from here. I'll carry them back to camp and make sure they're stored properly," the woman assured.

"Oh, the cleaning routine is nothing extraordinary," Amalia responded to Freya's question. "I use simple soap and water. If I want a particular scent to stay after I mix in the essence with the suds. For example, crushed rose petals is one I used recently."

At Ayana's apology, Amalia shook her heard from under the steel covering her. "It's not a problem. Curiosity is only natural. I suppose I've just become a bit more formal and uptight from military training." That, and keeping herself covered with armor was something fairly new to her in terms of her overall lifespan.

She had returned to the fish swimming by in the stream as the conversation momentarily subsided, but her attention was pulled back to the little elf when she let out a scream. The knight assumed that Ayana had fallen but it seemed that the scream was one of excitement from hooking a fish. She watched as the small woman managed to reel it in momentarily and threw it into the basket with an amazing toss before expressing her gratitude. "Congratulations! And you're very welcome. One last tip I can give if you plan on continuing pole fishing in a river is move along with the flowing water when you hook a fish as you reel it in. The force of the current will make reeling it in easier and you'll put much less strain on your rod and line as opposed to reeling it in against the current."

She chuckled at the elf's misconception of cleaning armor. "Not exactly," she explained. "That's a rather crude method for simply making the steel shine. It's not very sanitary, and not all that effective at bringing out the luster either. A lightly-oiled cloth would be much more effective." She tried to keep away from the topic of presenting the fish as an offering of courtship to anyone, as firstly, it would most likely prove ineffective and she didn't want to dash Ayana's enthusiasm. On top of that, if she indeed planned on romancing anyone she would need to reveal her true self to them, which she found herself unready to do so.

As she returned to watching the fish swim by she heard a new voice in the vicinity. She looked over to the direction it came from and noticed an unfamiliar man also pole fishing in the flowing water. It seemed he was fairly experienced with this, as he had managed to hook one fairly quickly. As for reeling it in, he looked as if he was having a little trouble, but used an unorthodox technique of firing a sharp gust at it to stop its struggling. In her mind, Amalia had to admit that his aim was keen and his reflexes were sharp to strike a fish in such a way. Regardless, not being one to reach out to others casually, Amalia decided to keep her attention to the duty in front of her.

Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic MythyDW MythyDW

1598233118551.png Liam was surprised as he saw Kuma change forms, his eyes grew wide at the sight before Jane's "Eek" brought him out of his gaze of the strange figure. He turned to look upon the soaking wet, and now cold, figure. His gaze became locked upon her as something inside him was enthralled by the view, and he couldn't understand why. Yet he couldn't look away even as he noticed Rose sitting beside him in his peripheral vision, however as Jane dove under the water he was able to look over to Rose and smile. "I-It's pretty here." He happily declared as Jane resurfaced shivering. He cocked his head at the exchange between the others as he didn't see the point of fighting underwater, especially water so cold, nor did he understand what grim reaper was. However Jane's smile entranced him once more, enticing him and pulling him towards her. He slowly slithered over before she called out to him. His body was acting up and he was unsure why, but he didn't feel like resisting whatever was running through his mind. "S-Sure."
Sarahspn Sarahspn Lost Echo Lost Echo

Last edited:
1598235444710.png Bjorn nodded to the small elf child who responded to him that they so desired food before he turned to the cat person, Stone. "You know little of the north youngster. We do not waste good meat or bone. The day one of my descendants does is the day they get a thorough thrashing." He declares as he grips his spear and silently advances forwards before the whelp commented on him not helping gather food. "I didn't get this old by wasting an opportunity, food, or my time. Now I advise you not to order me around whelp. I will gather food and get my trophy. Now it's best to be silent when hunting unless you have more ideas about questioning your elder." He says to Lorrin with a glare. He couldn't stand by little whelps who acted like they knew it all and were in charge. He silently advanced forward in the forest despite his great size before he halted with a great rustling and rumble as something approached.
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgYo's face was already flushed, though she could feel her ears turn the same pink as her face as Daisy held her steady by the shoulders. It was either because of Daisy's acknowledgement, or the nice warm fire beside them.

With a giggle to Daisy's questions, Yo responded, "Piercing ish a no-go. Shovel would hurt." She thought for a second before adding, "Pleash don't hit me with a shovel." Though she intended to sound more sincere, her vocals were still sloshy and probably came out much less serious than she intended. Playful, even.

Glancing behind her with the help of Daisy's support, she flashed Pozou a victorious smile, "I can be usheful!"

When Daisy moved her attention away from her, Yo took the moment to kind of lean on Daisy, her forehead resting on the other girl's shoulder. She even went and responded to Pozou's defensive words about the new bird just as she was, "Zuzu, I trust you~ Her feathersh were shoft." She giggled.

In the close vicinity of the other, she could distinctly take in the hint of a wonderful scent. Daisy smelt good.

• Asuramaru_confused_after_seeing_Krul.PNG.png

Tags:
    Stone ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) Bjorn ( EldridSmith EldridSmith )
    ~ Ivory Forest ~
    Nescience || Roland's CS File

Roland couldn’t help but nod violently as Stone spoke. The Savanna’s of Almas Aleazim were plentiful when it came to food but the northern deserts were a place of little prey animals, hunts should be purely to feed oneself. Fish was always an easier and more sustainable suggestion in the south. At least for elves, he’d never been to the Isle of Ostroshka. But Stone was right; he needed more practice. He heard Lorrin advise him to keep his bow at the ready. It made sense, he’d need to be faster.

He notched an arrow to the bow. He rose from his position with a serious nod to show that he was taking the experience seriously. He heard Bjorn start to speak up about the north, while he could respect his philosophy of not wasting anything he just wanted to walk further away when he mentioned thrashing. He could feel his old wounds itch as his dislike of the large human grew.

“...Do we have to hunt with him?”

He couldn’t help the whispered plea to avoid Bjorn as much as possible. He couldn’t be at ease with such warriors. He much rather preferred the cool-headed words of Lorrin or the gentle toned voice of Stone. He found himself keeping a wide berth of distance from the eldest man. The soft crackling of leaves under his feet was getting less and less noticeable as he walked with more purpose watching his feet and listening carefully with his ears.

He heard a ruffle in the area to the left of him. He swung his body around looking to where it moved. He caught the tail end, quite literally, of a deer passing through. Drat, he’d missed his chance, it was still there but its cover had increased dramatically. He stood still trying to hide his breath as best he could. It would come closer soon, luckily enough it'd yet to notice the group.

• 39A75A23-65D9-4AFB-B793-D5D71171D294.png

Tags:
    Ayana ( Jet Jet ) Amalia ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ) Freya ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Jace ( MythyDW MythyDW )
    ~ In the River ~
    This is Me || Helena's CS File

She tilted her head as the elder woman spoke of the best times for each type of collection. While she agreed that it was best to aim for certain times for hunting and fishing, forging done properly should be done safely with gloves and clear collecting everything they could feasibly carry. Most importantly it should be done whenever possible. Sure an emphasis on food was practical but everything can be used. Poisons were medicines in moderation just as medicine in large doses could become a fatal poison.

“Perhaps to the untrained eye but even poisons have their uses. I would rather have plenty of stores. Typically mixing the herbs when gathering makes little difference unless they are improperly sorted when returning to camp. In a large group like this its best the foragers merely gather and leave identification to fresh eyes back at camp. Few plants have their only point of identification at the tree source, those few should always be considered poisons and sorted out.”

She started to ease up on the spearing. The light was shifting and she got caught up looking at the sheen of the scales of some of the fish. One that passed by her feet with a quickness shined with a lustrous blue that she quickly recognized as a valuable scale for its medicinal and magical uses. She twirled and lunged at the fish with her full weight behind the thrust. Damn it! Escaped!

“THAT POWDER BLUE ONE! WE NEED IT! AYANA, AMELIA IT’S COMING FOR YOU!”

She waded through the water and nearly fell to her knees if not catching herself with the lance. She needed that fish, the team had already been badly injured already who knew if it would happen again. She righted herself and stood more stable as she fixed the stance to a more proper one. If she knew that such valuable fish lurked in this river she’d have dragged Roland with her regardless of his new enthusiasm for archery. She noticed a male further on downstream and shouted with all her might.

"HEY IF YOU CAN HELP US I'D APPRICIATE IT"

syphid_final.png

Celestine Oceania

The forest she had arrived in wasn't too far inland, but it had taken Celestine a good week for her journey so far. Swimming upstream was common for salmon but not necessarily so for syphids. On top of going against the rushing current, she had to carry along her pack of supplies and armor. Sometimes, when the water was too shallow to swim in, the Princess would need to step onto the riverbank and walk until it once again deepened. Although syphids walked when inside the bubbles that surrounded their stone homes on the seafloor, they were often only in their homes in order to sleep, relax, or do tasks that didn't involve much physical labor. The exception to this were the smiths who made the metal tools they used, although Celestine had no experience with that. Either way, not having water surrounding you to help carry your weight made even the simplest tasks for land dwellers more exhausting for syphids.

Her trips on land were broken up by frequent breaks that she used to rest and re-hydrate. More than once Celestine felt like giving up and returning to her home in the deep blue, but her love for her kingdom and sense of duty to her people kept her going. Once she found the Well, no longer would land dwellers be able to pollute their waters with the fuel and debris for their war machines. Never again would a poorly-aimed spell or a misguided harpoon take the life of a syphid mind their own business, who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. No, once her wish was granted the land dwellers would stay where they belong: on land.

So far Celestine had managed to avoid talking to any land dwellers during her trip in land. She had survived on the fish she was able to catch in the river and the underwater flora she was able to forage. It was much the same as her diet while back home in the capital, although the fish were of a different species and much smaller. The aquatic plants were also much sparser than back home on the seafloor. She feared she would eventually find herself in waters without any fish or flora, and would need to eat the food of the savage land dwellers. Even worse yet was that she would find herself no longer able to travel close to water, and would need to continue her journey solely on land.

Thankfully, at the moment that seemed not to be the case, as she river led into a large lake which looked to be fairly deep as well. As she swam into the neutral current, her pack hanging off of her back, she noticed legs standing in the shallower waters. Celestine's head breached the surface as she took a look at who the legs belonged to. There were two land dwellers in the water, a human and... well, she wasn't quite sure about the other. They had bluish-green skin, similar to a syphid, but the rest of their appearance was far different. On the nearby shore there sat two other land dwellers as well, another human and one who looked to be half serpentine. What really caught her attention was the attire of the two humans, attire similar to the pirates whose plundering pollutes the ocean waters.

She could feel her blood boiling as her brow furrowed into a frown and she gritted her teeth. Before she knew it, the Princess was swimming forth to come face to face with the two in the water.

"So, destroying the sea isn't enough for you I see," she said. "It seems you must tarnish every body of water you find. The Well be damned. I'll use my own devices to keep the ocean safe from you pirate menaces, and punish you for the crimes you've committed against my people!" Despite currently wearing no armor, Celestine took a hold of her trident and engaged with the group, first pointing it at the human in the water and sending forth a bolt of lightning.

Sarahspn Sarahspn EldridSmith EldridSmith Lost Echo Lost Echo

Stone ??

GStone.jpgThe air felt thick with the tension that was growing, causing the fur on the back of Stone's neck to stick straight. He did his best to keep it out of his tail, just in case his expressions were readable to a person adapted to reading Catfolk body language. It seemed as though the larger man wasn’t a good personality fit to the other three.

He had half a mind to respond to Ro, as his sensitive ears had picked up on his words, but felt now wasn’t a good time. He managed his best apologetic glance in the child’s direction.

Considering the words from Bjorn about thrashing was directed in comments towards him, Stone was even more flared up. The fur from his tail was no longer able to be contained and it went full floof. As much as he wanted to speak more on his mind, this was not the time to do so, as silence was necessary. Though a deep, quiet growl had rumbled in the Momerki’s chest, his whiskers pulled tight against his cheeks. Unpleasant memories followed those words.

The scent of the deer reached Stone’s nose before the sound of leaves rustling reached his upright ears. Great timing, as this could hopefully pull strained emotions away and focus on the game nearby. He crouched down, his pupils dilating into slits just as the others seemed to notice the deer.

Activating his magic, he snuck off, silently moving away from the group, to pull ahead in the direction where he suspected the deer might run in if spooked.

Closer. Closer. He almost salivated at the thought of deer on the menu. One more step and a leap. He dug in his sharp claws into the deer, mouth closing down around the deer’s throat, aiming to take it out in one, swift bite. Just as he had attached himself to the deer, he let his magic slip, just so the hunting troupe didn’t accidentally let loose an attack without seeing him.

Lorrin Yumi
Full_Attack_Innes.png

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith

"Whelp? are you calling me a dog. Whatever you say you old mule." he shakes his head in disbelief he wasn't even ordering the old man around just reminding him of there current objective. He looks towards Roland who now had his bow the ready this time perfect the kid took his advice to heart, he will be an expert archer in no time, and if any ever asked how they got so good his name is sure to pop up. Good job Lorrin your truly an expert at getting your name out there. Oh, right the question. "Unfortunately we were told to work together otherwise id already left him, on the bright side he's it taking seriously now ...... I hope." If nothing else Bjorn can carry back the dear the kill when he finally gives up on finding his beast. While thinking this he notices that Stone had walked away from the group and then seconds later he hears the tearing of claws into the flesh of a nearby animal. "Sound like we got one." Walking over to wear heard the noise he finds Stone with his mouth and claws deep into the deer throat, it would only take a few more minutes before it breathes it's last. "letting it suffer a little too much don't you think?"

matilda-fiship-tacher.jpg

Aedzel Phriln

Pozou was still the same person she knew all those years ago. He was so quick to believe her that it made her heart ache to bits. She regretted doing this to him and she regretted finding this camp even more. She can only just imagine the betrayal on his face once she slips and he finds out that she was faking it all along. "Thank you." She said to him with a smile that showed how much she appreciated the thought.

Aedzel looked at Daisy with a horrified expression, more taken aback by the sudden turn of the tables. She truly can't place why this human was so hostile to her, and it's ruining her acting. She wanted to wack Daisy with her mandolin if she could. Do I not look like a helpless and lost woman? Hello?? If anything that was the very truth and above all else... Do I seem like someone that can harm others? Look at me! I'm a freaking musician, not an assassin or a warrior, much less a mage.

She was glad for Pozou's defend, nevertheless, it made her guiltier than before. She wanted to jump off a cliff so she doesn't have to feel these emotions. It was better when the Dragonfolk agreed with him, even if her statement was hard to hold on too due to being drunk. The female Quetzola gave Yo a smile before turning her attention back to Daisy. "H-he's right, I would never... I'm just a musician, I don't get why you're so mean to me. I don't think I have done anything to make you feel so." She said with a shake of her voice, her slips started quivering and her eyes glistened. If anything she can chalk it up to Daisy looking scary with the darkness of the night, the light of the campfire.

mention: || interaction: Arcanist Arcanist Taigakitt Taigakitt Fred Colon Fred Colon

This was bliss. As the cold seeped into her entire body, she could feel her cells respond. The genes of her slime ancestors activated in the cold. Though she maintained her humanoid shape, she could easily have melted (literally) into a pile of ooze. Every part of her felt energized in a way it hadn’t since the snows had left this land. For the first time in ages, it was difficult to maintain one form. As pups, her pack would challenge each other to the most complicated shifts. Many imitated their caretakers: taking on the fur and teeth of the fox who taught them stealth and speed or the rough skin of the lizard whose focus was on maths and economics. The most skilled could create art through their skin: entire scenes carved, the bark of trees rough while the grasses stayed soft. Her skill did not reach that far. Instead, her legs beneath the water checkered, before rippling into patterns. Perhaps it was a risk, but she was enjoying herself.

Though she recognized it was likely rhetorical, Kuma answered, pride woven in her voice, “My ancestors evolved in much colder temperatures. This still flows, it could never harm me.” She was pure Berkkag, but her ancestors had chosen their mates well. Humans lacked so much, she couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t want to add something to their gene pool. Claws, fur, gills, anything to make up for their deficiencies.

She waded deeper as the others picked a game, her oki sealing as they were submerged, only the two on her face permitting her to breathe. The rest traveled up her arms to her neck, the line stretching along the side of her head. As soon as they broke the surface, they would reopen, the dark little holes reappearing one after the other. With her extra energy, they moved quickly, as if little bugs were crawling up her. If she’d go deeper they would reseal, raising as needed. The sealing was involuntary. She could not drown, for the water would not enter her, but still needed air. If she stayed sealed too long, like anyone else she would suffocate.

The youngest girl’s first choice was amusing. Did she want to train? Why not specify a spar? Training underwater would provide extra resistance: she could see it as an effective strategy for the others. The elder rebuffed her, but Kuma promised herself to offer at another time. After they played Rose’s game perhaps? “Grim reaper...that is one of your Umbuagwe correct? You would risk calling one without a sacrifice?” Though some could bring one great favor, if they were displeased with the sacrifice, they would work against them to bring them to Ronnag himself to be judged at their end. Nezumi, having grown tired, pressed against Kuma’s back, which grew a ledge for her to rest upon, offered the snake as a sacrifice. A ripple of laughter ran over her blue skin once more. ‘Perhaps. If necessary.’

The calm water’s surface was broken suddenly by what must have been a Umbuagwe. The tales never spoke of their appearance: whether they were of flesh and clothed or smoky and impossible to grasp. She had always assumed they would be invisible to all but the highest Sakra. But perhaps they were shifters like herself. For this one was beautiful. Imagine how powerful her offspring would be with Umbuagwe genes.

Their1 words were angry, as one displeased with a sacrifice would be, but they spoke of...polluting the water? This water? Which had to be blessed by Kukumita himself, for it felt as if a blizzard was maintaining the cold of it? It was pristine, and their presence in it would harm it no more than a peryton. Even with her confusion, the grasping of a trident was hard to miss. Kuma was grateful for her increased energy. Thrusting her hand upward, she raised the water between the two, freezing it into a wall for the bolt of lightning to strike. Foolishly she’d been expecting a physical hit. Though ice itself is a poor conductor, the liquid layer of water--more apparent as it just surfaced--still did. The electricity still ran through the water. Nezumi jumped from her ledge, using her back legs to reach her max 3 feet as soon as the two recognized it was lightning. It would reveal her, but unlike the electricity, it would not kill her.

When it hit Kuma she lost her form: contorting in a grotesque writhe. Her arms and legs slid like snakes in and out of her body. For a moment, the end of her bo staff jutted out of her torso, before her flesh covered it up. ~Fuck~ Even her cry of pain was distorted: loud at first before growing too sharp to be heard. She abandoned her body: her soul and mind hiding in Nezumi’s for the moment, the two watching her blue form slump as it writhed.

The pain was distant but clear enough for her to know when to return. Her body was half floating, as her legs would not hold her as they shortened and twitched. It was likely only the remaining cold that she could force them to straighten, allowing her to stand. Her skin still rippled and writhed as if something wanted to escape, but she’d returned to her natural form, her arms and legs apparent. With one hand, she ripped the bo staff from her chest, flicking it to its full length. She could see behind her a couple of nearby fish floating up to the surface. The irony was not lost on her, but she felt she could not speak quite yet.

Nezumi landed with a small splash, swimming up to Kuma again. She navigated the squirming skin up to the top of her head. It was not ideal. If she remained in the water or even as was usual inside of Kuma, the electricity would easily kill her. They were too far from land for her to hide in the forest beyond. She needed a flat surface--as flat as Kuma could make it--to jump her full three feet. So she clung, her claws digging into the flesh beneath her, as Kuma forced herself to walk toward the others. It was hard to control her speed more than anything else. She was not used to having this much energy. Her leg would shoot forward, stretching ahead of the other, then she would pull herself together again. It was awkward, but not technically taking too long. It only felt so due to the danger this Umbuagwe posed.
1. They/their is used singularly in reference to Celestine.
Sarahspn Sarahspn (Spoke to: Jane/Mentioned: Rose)
EldridSmith EldridSmith (Mentioned: Liam)
Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Fought
(?): Celestine)

Jace
< Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Anne Boolean Anne Boolean >

Jace did his best to ignore the other group of people, hoping that they would eventually forget that he had even been there. That hope went to pot, however, when one of them started yelling about a powder-blue fish and eventually screamed at Jace for help. He hesitated for a moment before sighing and dropping his rod, instead hefting his makeshift spear. He spotted the fish that she had mentioned and waited for the perfect moment to strike. A single blow and he speared the fish, killing it instantly before he lifted it out of the flowing water.

"This is the one you wanted?" he asked her as he begrudgingly approached the other group. "Is it valuable or something?" the question hung in the air for a moment before he handed the caught fish to the one who'd yelled about it.​

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngListening to Helena’s explanation on herbs and foraging was enlightening. She never had been one to understand, though in the least she knew what kind of berries to not eat up North. “Helena, if you don’t mind, I really would like to learn from you when next we have time?

Freya peeked up just after she snagged a fish on the end of her spear, seeing that the trout she had attempted to poke in Ayana’s direction did indeed take the bite. Though, she was surprised it bit the hook to begin with. She threw her catch in the barrel as she watched the rodeo.

Ayana seemed… to not be winning versus the small fish, which brought a thought to cross her mind. A beaming smile lit on Freya's face once Ayana won her struggle. “Hey, Ayana dear, would you be interested in putting some strength on them bones of yours?

On the mention of presenting the fish to… suitable… mates, Freya had to think a moment. She was an elf, and therefore probably had different customs. With a shrug, she aimed her spear at the water again, “Might try that elven custom of yours out Ayana. Curious to see what Papa Bear would think.” Then again, the situation wasn’t much different than bringing back dinner?

A cheering voice brought her gaze away from the water, just as a fish swam past her. A man was up ahead, using a rod, and seemed to catch a fish rather quickly. Surprising, but luck could be had, she assumed. He seemed harmless enough, and she figured there must be other passerby within the forest that his existence didn’t necessarily scream red flags at her.

Another voice, though this time it was from Helena, grabbed her attention. Her eyes quickly shot to the water, but of course, she was much too close to Helena to even nab the fish she was talking about.

Luckily, the stranger had managed to catch it, and brought it over to Helena. He seemed kind enough. She looked over to Helena, "Good eye."

rp1.jpg

Watching as Myyrea gracefully descended to be eye level with their group, Gwen tightened her grip on her knife. She kept her guard up as she studied her movements, hoping she didn't have to fight an enemy so early in the afternoon. She let go of her hidden weapon when the woman began leading them into the ancient ruins. The mention of untold riches seemed to grab her lover's attention. She stepped closer to Leóne and grabbed his hand, giving it a small squeeze. A small smile appeared on her face as she looked into his eyes. She felt a tug at her heart and her cheeks began to turn red. Her smile turned sheepish and she bit her lip. She wanted to confess her love for him before they put themselves in danger but was afraid he didn't feel the same for her. Nervously running her hands through her blonde hair, she turned to follow the group that had already made it a few meters ahead of them.

Catching up, she focused her attention on their surroundings. Running her hands along the stone walls surrounding her, she felt the indent time had left. She could only imagine the history these structures had seen. She listened as Leone questioned the safety of this expedition. His questions were valid and before Myyrea answered, she looked to her rouge as he spoke to her. She giggled as he spoke of his early funeral.

Now now, don’t speak of your demise so soon. We haven’t even begun our adventure together my love.” She said, giving him a quick kiss on his cheek. Smirking she walked ahead of Leone and began studying the area around her. Old architecture piqued her interest and she wanted to take a closer look but the group was already entering the delves. Looking down the old ladder, her heart began racing with excitement. She was ready for something new after days of traveling. "Come on Leóne or my funeral will be sooner than yours and I will haunt you." She laughed before descending the ladder into the darkness.

Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Lost Echo Lost Echo OrWangatan OrWangatan

Durham Radameer
20200731_153539.jpg

Jace was long gone, leaving Durham to wonder about the foreshadowed discussion. 'We need to talk' announcements were never good — even the uncouth bastard understood as much. But he also knew exceptions existed to every rule! Maybe something geat happened when the two were seperated? Maybe Jace would share amazing news over second-supper! Radameer never stressed over personal matters, so he took the optimistic outlook as he marched north through dense underbrush.

Hunting grounds were his destination, because the pantry needed more than Jace could catch. One decent boar would be enough for now, and Radameer knew these grounds harbored a bounty. He was also experienced enough to move as a panther would. Every step was mouse quiet as he stalked between bushes and ferns, glancing over treelines as he lurked. But no animal movement was obvious. Forest creatures were smarter than expected — stealthy beasts they were. To catch one you needed dead silence, something unknown by the unknown idiots who exchanged words nearby.

Radameer stopped dead and crouched down, glaring at the mysterious hunters. They were obnoxious and tempted the Longlegger — a rumored ape-man measuring three meters and four hundred pounds. Radameer was sure the beast existed, even though every witness produced unclear and grainy sketches. Then there were carnivorous moon nymphs to worry about. Radameer heard them laughing whenever he ventured outside... even now the fairies chattered away.

There were many dangers here and unless someone stepped in, the hunters would come face-to-face with doom. Radameer needed to act and abandoned stealth as he tumbled over thickets and ferns, dashing through underbrush before tripping out from the bushes and onto Stone's bleeding prey.

Looking up he scanned both faces, stuttering out a gibberish syllable salad best described as "Whuinaforalla sudthedangtreething"

There stood an outlander — a mysterious cat creature from distant lands. Radameer heard stories about humans hunted by them for sport. Thankfully there was another normal person present, and so Radameer contained his xenophobic angst and collected his seven nerve cells as he lay forward across the deer.

"You folk betta watch volumes or long leggers'll come and eat ya... limbs-first. Now before this here creature attracts something dangerous and deadly, let me just... he rambled, reaching around his waistline for a small steel dagger. Taking a deep breath Radameer brought his blade up and then stabbed the animal's eyeball with one smooth movement. The finish was clean and the hermit stood faster than expected, announcing in a whisper "The name's Durham Radameer... or Radameer Durham... but people call me Rada. Now you folk mind tellin me what ya doing in my old, beautiful and cursed to shit forest?"

Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik BriiAngelic BriiAngelic EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
"Ah, no. It's not my intention to hit you again, I was merely curious." Daisy said, worried that Yo was afraid that she would follow through.

That was, however, a worry that was quickly banished as Yo leaned into Daisy, seeming to smell her. Daisy stiffened, unsure of how to react. She thanked her anscestors and the ancient god of he family that she had been lighting incense when she had spare time, to try and hide the likely sweaty smell of a human trapsing through the forest. By the way Yo reacted, apparently she liked the smell of Aloeswood.

That settled, Daisy was still paralyzed. She didn't know what to do. Was this a drunken slump? Was this a hug she needed to reciprocate? Something else? Would Yo disengage the hug when she was finished? Or did the duty of deciding the moment the hug should cease fall now to Daisy, as the recipient?

She barely heard the newcomers question, her mind racing, trying to figure out how to approach the scenario.

But when she looked up to respond, that she wasnt being mean, merely careful, she caught sight of the Quetzolas quivering lips and moist eyes.
Daisy knew how to deal with crying. She'd had to deal with it quite a bit in her time preparing bodies. She even knew how to deal with anger. Some people directed their pent up fury at her, as the funeral director, because they had no where else to put it.

But she'd never actually don't anything wrong like she apparently had now. Besides that, how she dealt with it was assuming an air of quiet dignity, in her position of knowledge and comfort. But she had no comfort now. No formal position in this group to fall back on other than a mere peer. She tried to smile, but then remembered, again, that he smile was hidden under the bandana.

The double pronged social assault was making Daisy's head spin. Yo was still touching her, The Quetzola, Aedzel was still tearing up at her. Pozou had reprimanded her, even if that reprimand was ever so gentle.

And then, the worst thing happened.

Perhaps reacting to her stress and confusion, her shovel, Somber activated. The campfire was immediately put out, as was every other light in the area, including the light coming down from the moon and stars, creating a bubble of absolute black extending in a twenty foot radius all around Daisy.

How embarrasing.

"I have reached my capacity for intense social interaction." Daisy said mechanically, "My apologies. I hope I can have more positive interaction with you at a later date, Yo. Pozou, I hope that I can curry social favor with you at some point in the future. I will now retreat and recuperate my faculties. Aedzel I am unclear of your future with this group and so will not hazard a guess as to the nature of our future interactions if any."

Daisy gently extricated herself from Yo and fled, her powers over earth granting her limited sight, the bubble of darkness following her, until she vanished into the forest.

Interactions: Taigakitt Taigakitt Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Arcanist Arcanist

• Asuramaru_confused_after_seeing_Krul.PNG.png

Tags:
    Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) Stone ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Bjorn ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) Rada ( Jet Jet )
    ~ Ivory Forest ~
    Careless || Roland's CS File

Oh the deer was dead already. His sight was great typically, but that didn’t mean he’d managed to keep up with it often. Seeing a deer didn't tend to mean you could catch one, he was too small and too slow for his age. Passing for a human was pathetically easy when his own body betrayed him still, even years after becoming properly nurioused. He could feel his mouth water at the imagining of the taste of deer. Hunting wasn’t something he and Helena did often, it’d been such a long time since he’d had deer.

One deer wouldn’t feed them all though especially not with several rather burly and large men in their company. He doubled down on scanning the area as he approached Stone and Lorrin carefully. He couldn’t help but eye Bjorn as he scurried after the two. He twitched as he heard another approach. Raising his bow hesitantly he listened as the man rambled on.

This man… he was rather touched in the head. Roland lowered his bow as he stared at the man trying to make sense of their oddly timed approach. He flicked his eyes back to Stone and Lorrin to look for guidance and heard the man proclaim that it was his forest.

“Sir uh Rada. This forest isn’t under any specific territory that I know. Also just what is a long-legger? Do you perhaps need your family? Who do you stay with?”

He made no attempt at hiding his assumption that the old man didn’t have full facilities. The elves had words for such people, Cloudjumpers. Often people of the Savanna watched these relatives closely lest they fall to their deaths off the plateaus. He wondered if they would have been assumed to be a Cloudjumper if they had ever returned. He wished they could have, he wondered how many died.

• c329368015b413f4641fe48e7e2d3d2503bbc404_hq.jpg

Tags:
    Jace ( MythyDW MythyDW ) Freya ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Ayana ( Jet Jet ) Amalia ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )
    ~ River ~
    Alive || Helena's CS File

Helena knew damn well that asking the stranger for help was like throwing her weight in on a losing bargain but the fish was valuable. She knew she could play it up or keep it even. She chose to play it up as she softened her expression to one of a fake tenderness. She strolled down the river keeping her movements as graceful as she could. She put her left hand over her chest as she lowered her spear away from Jace. A Class-A act of a noble lady is something she’d trained her whole life for.

“Valuable? Gods no. But it’s my daughter’s favorite fish. She loves the taste and tends to make cute necklaces from the scales. You see she wasn’t feeling the best, she’s usually a much better fisher than I -childhood energy and all. So I planned to make her a lovely little necklace to cheer her up.”

She was lying through her teeth, Roland hated anything so binding like jewelry. He certainly wasn’t sick or she would have never let him out of her sight. She wasn’t entirely sure that the others wouldn’t have picked up on it. She hoped they wouldn’t make it harder but Ayana was quite an honest one. She shot a look at Freya hoping the elder woman would know what she was up to and give some back up.

“Freya darling do you think there are more of these darlings? I do think I may need more if I want to give Ro a lovely necklace to match her bracelets. So Sir, would you like a trade? We have a pretty decent haul perhaps five medium sized fish for that little vixen?”

Pozou Artith
Mentions: Fred Colon Fred Colon (Daisy) | Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel) Taigakitt Taigakitt (Yo)

Porou 2.jpg

Yo, somehow, had become drunker. Alcohol always seemed to have the strange effect of strengthening its hold on a victim in the company of others. Her cheeks lit up the shade of a ripe tomato, she slurred over her words and had give him the drunkest grin he had ever witnessed. Or, well, no, that was a lie. Too many of his fellow students groped and grabbed onto him, displaying the same flash of teeth plenty of times at the Academy. Pozou could only smile and reassured her, "I never doubted your usefulness, Yo." After she stated she trusted his word regarding Aedzel, he watched her nose wrinkle and her nostrils flair and he had the suspicion that Yo was...sniffing Daisy. Alcohol truly drove the mind to do such odd things.

Pozou, who noticed Aedzel who had joined her own defence, was beginning to lose traction in her voice. No longer could she keep it steady, but she left herself vulnerable with a tremor in her tone and wet eyes. Eyes that he couldn't help but feel the same pity for the same rainy night he met her under that grubby wooden shack

"Oh, Aedzel, really, I'm sure she didn't mean to be--"

The fire burnt out in a flash. Darkness blanketed the group and the surrounding camping area and the only sounds accompanying the dying embers was Pozou's shriek, his nerves still rattly from the spooky ghost stories from earlier. He feared the same shadowy figures that stole away Robby had come to do exactly the same to the four of them. Silly, considering it was a children's tale, but Yo had told it so convincingly before that his mind jumped to that ridiculous assumption within moments.

Pozou flinched again at the sound of another voice, one, at first, he hadn't attributed to Daisy. How different she sounded! It sounded exhausted, devoid of any tolerance to stay and socialise any longer. He could barely make out her black figure in the nebulous environment around them. Curry...social favour? Had she thought he was angry at her? He went to speak, though, found she had fled the scene disappearing into the forest and left the three of them to stew in the darkness.

Pozou shifted uneasily. He had hoped he hadn't made her uncomfortable, that the other two women hadn't either, though, it very much seemed to be the case. He wasn't sure whether to fly after her, though, her tolerance had reached the end of its thinning tether, it seemed. He sighed, before turning to the other two women.

"Well, the fire's out...maybe now is a good time for us to hit the hay?" Pozou suggested, though he wasn't sure if Yo would so willingly take up that offer. He looked to Aedzel - at least, he thought the figure was Aedzel, surely she couldn't have moved far from her during the whole affair. "I have a tent set up nearby...you could take it, if you like. I'll be sharing my tent with someone else tonight."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back