• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Pozou Artith
Mentions: - | Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel)

Porou 2.jpg

Kiel's anger, which Pozou found to be perfectly justified, towards the woman who had crippled him, strummed an oddly relatable chord within him. Losing something, even if it had been an injury or a seemingly replaceable lost object, opened a gateway to grief, anger, suffering. Then always came the acceptance. Pozou was still waiting for the acceptance in consideration to his own problems, but with the Well being a Holy Relic to soothe one's sufferings, Pozou had shut the door on the pathway to acceptance. Kiel's goal of satisfaction, if it was a little bloodthirsty, at least allowed him to look forward to something, or fantasise to cope with his current predicament. He wasn't so sure what to respond with and could only nod, though, he doubted Kiel could see his supporting gesture outlined in the darkness.

Pozou could feel Kiel's smile, if he couldn't see it. But it hadn't made him feel any better, for not being entirely honest with him. He forced his own smile in the dark, thankful that Kiel couldn't see him struggling. "Younger siblings always keep us older ones on our toes," he told him, glad that Kiel could relate to him in one sense. "I'm starting to think that's our unpaid job..."

It seemed Kiel had taken his word on it. Pozou felt some relief ease in amongst his aching, and yet, that guilt seeped into his chest again. Kiel had been so open with him, and shared his own wish, regardless of whether it had been an obvious one or not. He kept staring up at the tent and his lips twisted slightly at Kiel's hopefulness. "Yeah...I hope so too..." He murmured, fingers clasping in and out of the spaces between them. Whether he meant that in regards to Pelea's wish, or even his own, he wasn't so sure. For the briefest of moments, he wanted to say he had his wish. But to come out with it...

Pozou huffed and shook his head. Now wasn't the time. Not after the news Kiel had been given, though, he dealt with it so valiantly. He moved onto another topic. "Tell me more about your tribe. About your home. Or, well, uh...homes. You travelled a lot, didn't you?"

knight1.jpgknight2.jpgKuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Amalia Winters and Kiel Shan

It seemed no form of bartering or low-balling was needed in this exchange, as the man simply handed the fish in his hand over to Helena. When Freya spoke she sounded as if she had been convinced by Helena's claim about the bluefish, even offering to help craft the necklaces, so Amalia wondered if Helena's acting was better than she originally believed.

When the newcomer brazenly stated his occupation Amalia couldn't help but be worried. Though he assured that he only targeted the rich and stole modestly, she wasn't so sure she believed in honor among thieves. He went on to explain his situation, dropping the name of someone he had currently been living with and was soon going to leave behind. The knight believed in strength in numbers, but with what danger their group already was in she didn't think they needed to take in someone who could cause chaos from within.

Helena suggested moving down to the lake to continue fishing, although looked towards Freya to allow her to make the final decision. Looking over at their current haul, Amalia felt they had caught enough, or at least enough for her to break from the group and bring it back. From behind her visor she could tell that the sun had set as well, and although fishing at night was a possibility, it was rather difficult with a spear and she had no pole.

Ayana seemed to be fairly carefree in the moment, quietly humming a tune with a familiar rhythm. Amalia couldn't remember all the words, but she certainly knew who it was about, and was able to recall the many stories she had been told about the folk hero as a child. Just as quickly as the elf finished humming Amalia was pulled out of her reminiscing.

"Well, I suppose that's fine..." the woman said, despite her reason for chastising Ayana prior not actually having been for her curiosity. "I still advise you be more careful with what you ask strangers. Those in Centos aren't as open and honest as you are."

Similar to Freya with Helena's ruse, it seemed that Ayana had fallen for Amalia's. Regardless of the fact that she was agreeing with her, the knight found the elven woman's reasoning opposing the trade to be rational. It seemed as if she didn't know how humans valued their goods, but Amalia couldn't judge in this case. She herself hadn't known such a fish would have any value aside being beautiful to look at. Despite not knowing their worth though, Ayana seemed more than happy to help her companion collect them, while perhaps being a little overconfident in her ability to do so.

---

Kiel let out a laugh at the comment. "If that's our job then I'm a terrible employee," he said. "Although since it's unpaid I'm quite alright with my performance."

He thought for a moment when asked more about his roots. "Hmm... well, my tribe believes our home is the sands, as none have really ventured out of them before. We are the Al'rhea tribe. The night sky is our mother, who guides us with her stars. We welcome all races to convert to Al'rhean, humans, elves... you would be welcome too. We are quick to help and take in anyone who is lost in the desert or left weary by the blistering heat, and are happy to trade with anyone willing to give a fair barter. While those in Centos live in houses made of wood and stone, we sleep in cloth tents. During the day we travel, unless we cannot see the stars the prior night. I believe I mentioned that to you when we first met in the tavern. To be honest, I'm still somewhat concerned about how it will be if Richard and Lucien wish to do so in the future... We're sure to get lost without Mother's guidance..."

He tried to return things to a more positive note. "What else... I've noticed you all wear much more clothing than we do. While complete nudity is only really for when we bathe, there's often much more skin shown. I believe it's because of the heat. I must admit I've found myself shivering during my travels as I've moved more north. I wasn't able to change my clothes though because beautiful attire and eye-catching jewelry are an important part of a dance performance." He paused for a moment. "... well, I suppose now I won't have to worry about not being able to dress warm enough..." He let out a soft chuckle.

"You all consider your family to be directly related by blood, but for us the whole tribe is our family. And from what I've seen, people here tend to settle down in pairs, usually a man and a woman. Al'rheans settle down with any number of partners, with the number of partners their partners having also varying. I know some folks in Centos give same-sex couples a hard time, or anyone who doesn't fit into the roles impressed upon them due to their anatomy, and that's the case with a lot of desert tribes as well. Luckily for me, Al'rheans are quite happy with those who are different. Similar to how couples move to a new abode to start their own families, sometimes a group of partners leave to start their own tribe. If an Al'rhean is involved with someone from another tribe, sometimes the Al'rhean joins them or sometimes we get a new member.

"As you've seen from when I approached you, we love to craft. People often discard things without knowing their value, such as the feathers of your kind, but we try to see the inherent beauty in everything. We also concoct medicine from the desert plants. Since you're a medical professional maybe you'll find some of the balms I have interesting.

"I've noticed your food tends to be more... plentiful. Our meals are much smaller, usually consisting of reptiles, insects, and the parts of desert plants we don't use for medicine. Only rarely do we actually have meat or poultry."
He thought for a bit longer. "... That's all I can think of right now. Hopefully you found any answers you were looking for." He offered another smile. "What about you? Where do you come from? It's amazing that you and your sister are traveling together. Are families always so close in your culture?"

Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt MythyDW MythyDW Arcanist Arcanist

A distorted tentacle shot out through the water. It overshot on a fish with a splash before wrapping around it, pulling it back to the main core. A smaller one grasped a second on it’s return. The food was absorbed through her back, Kuma knowing she’d need the energy against an Umbuagwe, wrapping around one of the floating fish before returning it to the main core. The meal was absorbed through her back, as she continued to move forward. Upon reaching Jane’s still form, she pulled her body against her own, letting the girl’s head rest against the curve of her neck. Though her skin still twitched, the cells refusing to stay still, she carefully pulled the girl’s body into her own, allowing her arms to remain free for the threat. Though bones of the fish were ejected into the water behind her, Jane was safe--excluding more electricity--like Nezumi, her body was simply encased in the cool flesh, cushioned and likely massaged with the steady oscillations. With her head uncovered, her only dangers--sans electricity--were the cold of Kuma’s flesh and if she had inhaled anything during her time in the water.

The human secured, Kuma neared the shore to join her sister. Her mind desperately trying to make sense of the Umbuagwe’s words. Their lives were nearly brought to Ronnag. Without a sacrifice, it only followed the being would be displeased, but they had caused more disruption and damage to this lake. Many servants of the Sakra are tricksters, even if their words hold truth, they strive to stoke the emotions of us mortals. Could one even be appeased? She wanted not their favor, though she would prefer it to their ill will. What to offer...what to offer...not even Nezumi, who, as discreetly as any skilled rat, crawled down the length of Kuma’s body and was swimming the short distance to the shore, brought up the suggestion of the snake again.

Once I find the Well. The Well? Tossing the question why an immortal being wouldn’t already know of it or would want it anyway for later, Kuma turned to the being, about to speak before two of her eyes locked on the color staining the arm of the...being. Her mind flashed back to Vanessa bleeding out. The useless girl. Kuma herself did not bleed. Why would…? Deciding to still be cautious, she called out to their attacker (for that was certain.) “Honored Umbuagwe. We wish no conflict nor a boon.” Kuma slowly exited the water as she spoke, “I offer no sacrifice beyond that which you have already stolen.” She was not sure if Rose would prefer to fight, but the Berkkag felt Jane would once more be a priority. “Instead, I offer knowledge, in the form of a warning. The Order of Inquisition that works, without any limit I have seen, seeks to stop those seeking the Well of Wishes.” She felt relief as Nezumi found shelter in the brush under the trees. She cared for these girls, but her bonded would always be her priority; just as the sisters were to each other. “Knowledge cannot be shared between foes, do you agree? Let us go our separate ways in peace.” She did not know what the being in front of her was. Her and Nezumi would question it later. Right now, it’d be best if they can get out of it alive. Exhaling through her oki, Kuma reached out at the most sand beneath her bare feet. With the cold still bolstering her, she felt it was likely she could move the heavy wet sand to disrupt another bolt. With Jane still within her, she’d be able to avoid it, but Rose would still be in danger.

Last edited:
Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngGlad that the fish exchange was smoothed over, it seemed as though the group would like Freya to lead the charge towards the lake. Of course, Freya obliged after getting one last fish from the river that she noticed before walking along the bank. Before she had started walking off though, she made sure to have hoisted the barrel into her arms to carry. She wasn’t sure just how heavy it had gotten, and expecting Helena to carry it might be a tad silly if there were others who could carry things with less strain.

She wasn’t sure how to feel about this strange man openly admitting what he does. Though, she certainly appreciated it. Straight and to the point. Just the way she liked facts.

Soon they reached the lake, and to Freya’s surprise… it did not seem peaceful. Freya sat the barrel down and ran closer towards the group, her hand reaching back to her axe’s handle, “What’s going on?!” She roared. She wanted to reach Kuma and what seemed to be Jane within her. That seemed to be the most dire situation, no matter how one looked at it.

Mentions: Jace ( MythyDW MythyDW ) | Ayana ( Jet Jet ) | Helena ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) | Kuma ( Lost Echo Lost Echo ) | Jane and Rose ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) | Liam ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) | Celestine and Amalia ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )

Pozou Artith

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou kept staring at the ceiling as Kiel explained his tribe and their culture. If the tent had been swarming with light rather than teeming with darkness, he may have looked disinterested, but his attention was firmly on Kiel's voice. He loved to hear of other cultures and races. Each patient he had was from a different background, a pathway of life that may have been foreign to Pozou. To hear varying stories of their lives was thrilling to him.

"Ah, yes, you spoke about using the stars as guidance before." He cut in at one point. "Welcomed into your tribe, huh? That's very inclusive. I wonder how well I'd fit in." He smiled, despite Kiel not being able to see it. Not everyone had been so inclusive when it came to their own families and communities...some even shunned their own from them too, Pozou loathed to remember. He glanced to the figure of Kiel beside him, and tried to reassure him. "I'm sure Richard and Lucien will be able to help guide in some way." Though, when you counted on a 'Mother' like diety to guide you, and that having been all you knew throughout your life...he supposed he could understand Kiel's anxiety surrounding this.

Pozou chuckled at Kiel's comment on clothing, and now having to dress a lot warmer, considering his dancing dreams looking unlikely. "Perhaps when we get to another town, we can find some clothing that's warmer for you."

Pozou continued to listen to Kiel's explanation of Al'rhean culture and values, from families, communities, and partners, even to meals, medicines, and more. His brain felt much heavier, yet, he felt much more wiser about a desert tribe he knew very little about. When he finished, Pozou said, "Thank you, for telling me about that. I feel like I learned so many new things today..." He chuckled a little.

When Kiel had turned to him, and asked about where he came from, and information regarding himself and Pelea, he was thoughtful for a moment, before he settled into his own narrative to explain.

"I come from some islands just to the south of the Lunar Islands, round about the east of Centos. Though, Quetzola are scattered throughout Centos, such as on large mountains, or vast forests. There are a lot of different subsets of Quetzola, from people like myself, to humans with wings, or fully formed anthropomorphic birds. But it's a little complicated to get into, with there being so many hybrids."

"Pelea and I are a 'Harpy' subset,"
Pozou went on to explain. "Despite what rumours go around about our subset, we tend to be quite kind rather than malevolent and cruel. We tend to be able to deal with high winds and storms much better than most other Quetzola and tend to live on islands and coastal places due to how we thrive in those types of environments. As such, we tend to base our diets and our trade around fishing, and often collecting herbs and plants, and the like. You can imagine that was how I got into my medical profession." He chuckled a little, thinking back to the day where he constantly collected plants and made all sorts of concoctions with them.

"As for families in our culture...well. It can vary. Some Quetzola don't choose to mate for life. A lot of Quetzola would settle down and raise children in a regular cooperative relationship, as seen throughout Centos. But sometimes, mates can change, whether it takes a season, or several years before a Quetzola decides to pursue another mate. I've heard of occasions where Quetzola have taken several mates at once, though, it's rare, and it proves more complicated what the laws and cultural views and..." Pozou shook his head and sighed. "So, you hear very few cases of that being the case anymore."

"You talked about how you consider the sky your Mother. We have one god, Quetzalcoatl, who is god of the Cosmos, and provides the link between Earth and the Sky. We believe in the story that all the races tried to reach the highest points of the sky to journey beyond into the Cosmos. Because of that, he planted several eggs throughout Centos, with great warriors emerging to keep those he considered unworthy from reaching beyond the sky. However, these warriors were seduced by other races and worldly riches, participating in cultures not of their own, abandoning their duties, and as such, many more Quetzola had been spawned."

"Quetzola, it was thought, had the ability to fly beyond the confines of the sky. Because of this, they began to teach others how to reach it, and even went as far as to taking them as far as the confines of the sky. Needless to say, Quetzalcoatl was angered by this, for it was the one thing he had sought to prevent. As punishment for falling captive to mankind’s manipulative and seductive ways, he struck every Quetzola with bolts of lightning, causing wingspans to shrink, strength to diminish, and destroying any chance of reaching the Cosmos by flight alone. Their children would experience growing pains in developing their wings, wings would age and diminish with old age. Though they had enough power to fly to other continents, and to carry things in flight, and so forth, they would never be able to reach the confines of the sky again."

"It's pretty depressing, having a malevolent god in our culture,"
Pozou mumbled, shuffling beside Kiel. "We even...have a festival every year to mark this story. Every year, during the brightest starry night, we make material offerings, we do dances, reenactments, several festivals...it's mostly a good excuse for many to party." Pozou sighed a little, clenching his fists. "Even though we do all of this, I can't help but think that Quetzacoatl, if he's even out there, still makes us suffer worse for something that happened centuries ago..."

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Kiel Shan

"Oh, you'd fit in perfectly!" Kiel responded. "Doctors and medics are held in high regard not just among Al'rheans, but all the desert tribes. On top of that, your appearance would make you popular with all the men and women. Exotic looks are loved, at least compared to plain-looking Al'rhean like myself, and your beautiful feathers will surely garner you some admirers. Everyone fawns over tribesmen who simply have pointed ears, so a former Quetzola would be truly loved." He, of course, had no idea how offensive statements like those were.

The desert man let out a sigh. "I'm not worried about them getting us lost," he explained, "I'm worried about us getting caught in some sort of disaster. I know you all started marking your own paths, but the reason Mother covers up the stars is because the following day will have some sort of storm... It's to keep her children safe in one place as opposed to out in the open. I was considering talking to Lucien and Richard about it, but whenever I brought up not traveling after a cloudy night I was simply mocked..."

For now though, he tried not to focus on what could be. "Yes, I think new attire would be good. Perhaps I can try something similar to your clothing." He wasn't able to easily make out the shorts, poncho, and scarf the other wore inside the dark tent, but remembered them from earlier when the sun was still out. "Although, I fear being covered up so much I'll overheat... The material your clothes are made out of looks to be quite thick too... Hopefully I can find something in the middle of our wardrobes." Then came the issue of paying for it. "I've noticed merchants in Centos only really take gold coins as payment, and aren't willing to barter... Hopefully we'll run into a merchant who is willing to trade." Normally, Kiel would have simply danced until he was able to earn the money, but that didn't seem like it would be a option from now on.

"Oh, it's no problem," the light-blue-haired man said with a smile when Pozou expressed his gratitude. "It's wonderful learning about different groups of people, and sharing information about culture." He then went on to listen to the other explain about his own background.

"Ah, I see. I don't think I've heard of those islands," he said when the other mentioned his birthplace. "Honestly, I don't know much about the world outside of the deserts and the paths I've taken with the tribe. It's just... really rare for any Al'rhean, or any other tribesman for that matter, to leave. I've seen so many interesting places already though, and look forward to seeing more on our expedition. Perhaps we'll end up traveling to your home at some point as well."

His brow furrowed at the explanation of subsets and different appearances of Quetzolas. "So in a way it's similar to how Al'rheans look different but are all Al'rheans? There are Al'rheans with horns, tails, features similar to felines, and pointed ears, as well as Al'rheans such as me. I don't think we have different names for all of them though, nor do we have preset beliefs about how Al'rheans will act based on their appearance..." That was mostly based on a person's tribe, and what common beliefs the tribe held.

"Ah, I see. There are quite a few Al'rhean foragers as well, although many forage for fruit, and herbs to use in cooking as well as for medicine."

Another look of confusion, this time mixed with shock, came onto his face. "What?! You have rules that prevent you from having multiple mates? How bizarre! The Al'rhean elders only get involved in your life if you're hurting others..."

The frown didn't disappear from his face as Pozou went on to tell the Quetzola's origin story. "What a terrible father..." he said, agreeing with the other. The look of confusion returned when the man brought up the festival. "Why do you celebrate such a tragedy?" Even the other tribes didn't do such things, or worship a god that had forsaken them. "Why do you still serve him then? Why don't you find someone else to serve? Someone who loves you and takes care of you? And why do you still hope to ascend above the sky? Why not make a wonderful place for yourselves here on the ground? I assume Quetzalcoatl will not be happy with you or treat you well even if you do make it to the cosmos anyway..." Kiel just couldn't wrap his head around it, and once again, he had no idea how offensive these statements were.

His curiosity was piqued when the other mentioned something worse happening a few centuries ago. "What happened then?" he asked. The way Pozou spoke made it seem as if it was even worse than the original reasons Quetzola got their wings clipped, but with how unjustified he believed the reasoning for that to be Kiel couldn't help but feel it was an exaggeration.

Arcanist Arcanist

• ford-nguyen-cave.jpg
    fe8f2e645ddd276969940a8415556f4a.jpg
    Tales-of-Zestiria-the-X-07-08-15.jpg

Tags:
    Leone ( Jet Jet ) Vaaltori ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ) Gwen ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) Obsidian ( Lost Echo Lost Echo ) Pelea ( OrWangatan OrWangatan )
    ~ The Delve ~
    Air on G String (ETHEREAL REMIX)

The leftmost path was selected. For a quarter mile the path was lovely but nothing unexpected. Crystals would poke out from the mineral laded rock as the tunnel went further and further down. The descent into something that could very well end their lives. Slowly but surely the natural beauty twisted sinisterly. Instead of the soft crystal caverns where the earth overcame all else there was now polished stone beginning to appear, weathered down by the elements that had once been freely given. Broken and decaying planks of wood stuck out from the stone in odd places. The sound of water rushing came from further down.

Time was a cruel mistress. These overrun structures were all that held up the tunnel in some areas even as they’d been one day buried deep in the most hidden recesses of the world. Before the crystal reflected the light with ease and illuminated their journey down yet now these old stone structures merely were a wall for the light to hit as the shadows grew feeding off the light. As they walked further the one perhaps twenty foot tall tunnel grew and became a few hundred feet in height as the path opened up unto a cavern in the delve. The source of the sound of the water had been found as a waterfall stood before them leading into the river running parallel to their path a few feet lower than the stairs they’d found themselves at.

Soon they reached yet another crossroads as they came down the path either to climb up the slope that looked to be the natural progression of their path leading to the top of the structure in the distance or to cross the underground river with all that it would entail. Luckily they wouldn’t be expected to fight poseidon himself as the stalagmites rose up into flat like tops that would make crossing a hassle but quite doable even for the humans.

Discoloration of the floor of each path had seemed to occur over the years as the entire area was covered in a thick humid air as the spray from the waterfall evaporated with little places left for the water to go.

31abd45b0fa076583bd9ab792fb28a10-1.jpg

Fishing group arrived as Kuma spoke to Celestine, and Freya charged forward immediately, demanding to know what was happening. The others would be close behind — unless choosing retreat of course — but Ayana entered the battleground without hesitation. How could she hold back when comrades were wounded?

Dashing to calm waters, she marched through lazy waves and soon reached Liam. He bobbed up and down unconsciously as Ayana winced from overpowering cold-water, but she was convicted as forged steel because he was dangerously damaged. His elongated body had absorbed huge electric currents that conducted to his enchanted necklace. The grievous result was a burn mark across collarbones and chest muscles, made obvious by raggedy charred clothing that smelled of burned hair. Ayana was disturbed seeing the wounds, turning her purple face palid before shouting "ARE YOU OKAY? PLEASE WAKE UP!"

She desperately shook Liam before attempting to push him ashore, but moving the huge snakeman was impossible without magic. And so Ayana manipulated water, sending Liam ashore upon slow bubble-topped waves. The elemental mage was close behind, rushing out to crouch beside the wounded boy, desperate to see breathing. Nervous moments passed before she released her own worried breath, when his chest eventually rose — but he was damaged none-the-less and needed treatment soon.

Ayana hoped she could provide some, as there were enough warriors to battle Celestine without her. Kuma and Rose were now backed by the boulder-strong Freya who tossed enemies with ease. Then there was Amalia who was an experienced and decorated swordswomen. Not to mention Helena the combat-medic who kicked ass when needed. Jace was unknown beyond short greetings, but maybe he would lend a hand too?

Ayana assumed there would be four or five people facing Celestine without her. Jumping in would add another spoon to a kitchen with too many cooks. Tending the wounded made more sense given the context, and so Ayana cooled air around her damp hands and placed them over Liam's burn. The move was far from medical magic, but cold controlled inflammation which would help to a degree. Even though more serious treatment was needed, her magic was better than nothing at least.

MythyDW MythyDW Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sarahspn Sarahspn Lost Echo Lost Echo Anne Boolean Anne Boolean EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
< Jet Jet Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Sarahspn Sarahspn Lost Echo Lost Echo Anne Boolean Anne Boolean EldridSmith EldridSmith >

Jace held back a small smirk at the group's reactions, but said nothing more on the matter of his thievery nor the reason they were being chased themselves. He'd wanted to catch a few other river fish for Radameer, but the lake would probably have enough big ones too. As such he packed up his first catch and his rod to walk beside them - on the opposite side of the river, of course. He didn't want them to think he was tailing them or anything.

Of course, when they got to the lake and the scene of a battle going on, Jace froze for a moment. The one they had called Ayana quickly waded out to help two people get to shore. He really had no place in this, but he couldn't just let people suffer or worse. He wasn't nobility.

Cursing himself slightly, the young thief dashed to Ayana's side once she arrived with the wounded and looked them over quickly. One was arguably fine, but the other... he looked like he'd caught fire in places. With a deep breath he knelt and laid a hand on Ayana's shoulder, covering his face with his mask to muffle the smell of burnt flesh.

"You don't know me, and I don't know you. Let me get one thing straight - I have no fucking clue what is going on. But I don't just let people hurt - that's why I'm a thief," he paused. "Look, I've need to survive on my own, and that means knowing certain things. He's burnt bad, that much is obvious. Radameer, though, told me of burn-healing herbs on that island over there." He pointed to the wintery landmass in the middle of the lake. "You get me there and I can help him. I will help him."​

Last edited:

• 39A75A23-65D9-4AFB-B793-D5D71171D294.png

Tags:
    Rose, Jane ( Sarahspn Sarahspn ) Amalia, Celestine ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ) Freya ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Kuma ( Lost Echo Lost Echo ) Jace ( MythyDW MythyDW ) Liam ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) Ayana ( Jet Jet )
    ~ Lake ~
    Tsubaki, Encounter Battle! || Helena's CS File

She followed quickly behind Freya keeping her eyes darting to Jace. She hadn’t cared much for the other two girls' conversation. A thief was a danger, honorable or not. Her side itched as old wounds tend to do. As they approached the lake she was greeted by the eldritch horror that was the stitched up body of Kuma and Jane. She took a step back as she saw the two bringing a hand to her face to stop the gagging that she felt like doing.

Disgusting. She’d never seen anything like it. An old story of the Child Eaters of the east came to mind. She had half a mind to strike before she saw the burns on Jane. Huh? She heard a commotion in the water and saw Rose standing up against what looked like a human with blue skin, even more human than the bits she’s seen from Vaal. Certainly looked nothing like Ayana. Not far off Liam was passed out in the water. The stranger was holding a trident and seemed to be being targeted by Rose, which means that this Kuma and Jane amalgamation likely had something to do with this turquoise-skinned woman.

She was off rushing into the water. First and foremost she was a healer, she needed to get Liam out of the water lest he drown. Yet her speed was atrocious, she truly needed to practice more in water. Luckily for the boy, Ayana was far more used to the outdoors and helped to get Liam to shore. She could start treating Liam but he had nothing that could suffice at the moment unless she were to run back to camp. For now Ayana's skill would have to be enough. She’d brought tools to fight but she hadn’t imagined they’d let it get to the point of injury when she was traveling with three of the strongest fighters in the camp.

If she knew one thing it was that the War Cleric never left the scene until another replaced them or they were dead. Too much could happen in the span of a few minutes, luckily for the boy, she was not their only healer. She couldn’t even get close to strong enough to carry Liam anyhow, she had only barely managed to drag Vaaltori and that had put her out of commission for too long for her tastes already.

Jace was speaking up calling for them to go find some burn herb on the island. She wouldn’t trust him as far as she could throw him, and that was a pathetically short distance for her. He was trying to split them up, and in the midst of battle it would work. She didn’t trust him for all she knew he was actively working with the stranger.

“NO Don’t listen to him. Get Liam back to camp, we have plenty of other healers that can help him. Separating and following a stranger is foolish.”

She reached in her cloak which she neglected to remove as she did in the river and pulled out a syringe and vial. She coated the syringe with a viscous acid before throwing it at full speed like a dart towards the stranger.

“Rose! Get out of the water! Surround her by land!”

Pozou Artith

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou had smiled, just slightly, when Kiel insisted that he would be very welcome in his tribe, particularly because of his profession, and oddly enough, his...ears? He never thought someone would appreciate even that. A lot of people were rather judgemental on feathers and ears, though, that was humans in general. And his...exotic looks. He shuffled a little, wondering how comfortable he would be with people fawning over him. He got enough stares as it was from humans or other races for how different he looked, despite Centos being populated with all manners of people.

Pozou chuckled. "Yes, we'll find something that's perhaps more appropriate..." He liked this poncho, and this scarf, and was in fact so used to the wet and cold weather that he wore these all the time. The feathers would have provided enough warmth on their own...though, he wasn't quite comfortable walking around with just his feathers, and many people seemed to dislike you not having clothes on either... "And I'm sure we will. If it comes to it though, I should be able to fund some of your new wardrobe."

Pozou had wondered, when Kiel mentioned it, if he would ever arrive back at his own home. It would be nice to, but considering a myriad of situations, no less someone chasing after them for seeking out the Well, he felt as if he may never see the Lunar Islands again.

Pozou nodded, though again, noticing that Kiel wouldn't have seen it, gave verbal confirmation. "You could say that, yes."

"Well..." The Quetzola hummed, before he answered, "Not exactly. More...other people's rules. Quetzola never liked stepping on other cultures' talons--or, uh, toes, in some cases. I've heard stories of them living in mixed communities and being shunned for such a thing..."

Pozou shook his head. "It's not really a celebration. More an...event, asking for forgiveness. Though, people treat it as if it's a party, sometimes. I guess it's to dull the pain of it." He knew some Quetzola hadn't cared for it, but even he at times could find it odd. Pozou's mind rushed with all the questions that Kiel piled on for him, that he wasn't so sure what to answer first. They were questions that he was sure he, and many others, had asked themselves before. A familiar ache settled in his wings again, and he tried not to move so suddenly to grab them. He had hoped his balm would have soothed it by now. It was a terrible reminder.

"Something that affects us all, even today," Pozou mumbled, unable to stick lying down for the moment. He sat up and he sighed, despite the very cramped space in the tent. "Even me." He suddenly felt the urge to offload, to pile Kiel with his personal problems. But he risked running his mouth too much. And what was to say that Kiel wouldn't spread it around their group. He was silent for a moment before he turned to Kiel.

"If I...tell you about it, and how it affects me. Do you promise not to tell anyone else? That it won't leave this tent?"

Lorrin Yumi
789px-Innes_Regal_Strategician_BtlFace_C.webp.png

Tags: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt Jet Jet EldridSmith EldridSmith Fred Colon Fred Colon

Lorrin listens to the old man closely making sure everything that he said was heard and not gone noticed so that if he needed to he can recall it later. Radameer as he then goes on to call himself seems to only be interested in letting the group know about the dangers of the woods and the creature that he refers to as Kraktoom a supposed giant boar that was about the size of a bear. "Well, now I just want to cause as much noise as possible if such a thing exists." if the bear comparison is true then killing the beast would leave them with more then enough food to last the week maybe longer not to mention the amount they could get in trading in its parts in the next town. "Would you happen to know where we can find this boss boar of yours then taking down a thing at such a size will plenty feed our group and will consider giving you the trophy as you requested." Lorrin knew not everyone would be down to hunt for game but this just the thing they would need for the camp.

After considering accepting the old man's deal, Lorrin ended up hearing screaming nearby and not just any screaming someone screaming his name? Yo? Biting his lip he runs off in the direction of the screaming completely forgetting about the old man behind him. What hell is she doing out here on her own what trouble did she get her self into? Running into a bit of clearing he looks ahead to see Yo being chased by some kind of black boar. "Yo! get in a strong tree now!" immediately grabbing three arrows the bow would start to glow and but this time Lorrin wouldn't pull back on it just shooting the arrows right away causing them to hit the boar but not having any power behind them to cause any real damage with is fine because he only needed to get its attention away from Yo. "So your Kraktoom there's a price on your head." Seeing the group approaching from behind him and what looked like Daisy coming approaching to attack the boar as well it seems as though he has everyone he needs to take this down but first. Before the boar could decide where its next target was Lorrin would grab Roland and toss him up in a tree where he can not be reached. "Bjorn use your strength to keep it in place! Stone and Daisy once it's still give it everything you got! I and Roland will weaken it from afar. Go!"

Kiel Shan

Kiel's brows furrowed at Pozou's offer. "You've done so much for me already..." he said softly. "I can't allow you to buy me new attire as well..." Still, it wasn't like he had much money of his own, or any skills he could use to earn some. "... I don't know what I could do for you, but if I do need your financial assistance I promise I'll repay you somehow, whether it'll be by working for you or by taking on odd jobs I can do during our stops in town." That being said though, labor jobs would be quite difficult with the state of his leg. It may be awhile since Pozou would be reimbursed.

The light-blue-haired man's frown only deepened when the other mentioned his kind conforming to other people's rules. "What an awful thing to subject yourselves to... I would rather live on my own, not belonging to any culture that doesn't appreciate me, as opposed to having to bend to their ways. It's not as if you're hurting anybody, after all. Then again, I guess that sentiment must be unsurprising come from someone who grew up in a nomadic desert tribe." He let out a chuckle.

It seemed that Kiel found himself disagreeing again and again with the culture of Quetzola. "A parent forgives, regardless of what their child has done and whether they ask for it or not..." On top of that Kiel felt it wasn't something that even needed forgiving. Children want to be with their parents, after all, and from what Pozou told him, that's what the people of Centos were trying to do. "If I were you, I'd have an event for a different reason. A reason to actually party, not just to dull the pain." He offered a small smile in the dark. "I can help you think of a reason too, if you'd like."

The smile turned into a look of inquisition. "Oh?" When the other sat up, Kiel tried to sit up as well, although stopped short when he felt a shooting pain in his leg. With a hiss he stayed halfway, letting his elbows and forearms rest on the ground and hold up his slightly elevated torso. He had feared that he had said something to offend the Quetzola, and had tried to get on eye level with the other in order to try and fix his mistake.

"... Y-yes, of course..." Kiel said with a look of surprise at the solemn tone taken by the avian man. "Your secret is safe with me."

Arcanist Arcanist

• F736EBAB-CA4F-4629-A731-289C5DBDD539.jpeg

Tags:
    Stone, Yo ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) Bjorn ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) Daisy ( Fred Colon Fred Colon ) Rada & Boar ( Jet Jet )
    ~ Ivory Forest ~
    Try to Pretend || Roland's CS File

He was more weirded out by the man with every word he spoke. He didn’t know about anything like a squatter's law even though it sounded rather familiar in concept to older arguments he heard the old elders using. Still, he didn’t think he could stand staying in one quiet forest for all his life, there just wasn’t enough room to roam. He kicked at a stray rock nearby. Perhaps they should just leave the old man to his rambling, if he was just a Cloudjumper then he’d somehow managed to survive this long.

The choice was taken from him however as a thunderous beat of the ground hit. Nearby a scream let out, a familiar-sounding woman. It was Miss Yo, and she didn’t sound like she was having as easy a time as they were. He tightened his grip on his bow and prepared to nock an arrow before he felt himself being tossed rather easily into a tree. He slid easily into a position to handle the weight of landing on the branch.

An average human child might have fallen. He didn’t bother with hiding his skill and ease with jumping, not when one of the few people he liked in the camp was in danger. He started jumping from branch to branch only stopping to aim a few arrows to startle the creature before leaping to another perch. If nothing else he was a savanna elf, physical prowess was bred into their bones. He kept moving, luckily Helena had braided his hair nicely today keeping it from becoming yet another obstacle.

“Hey Ugly! Get over here!”

Another leap away as he drew the creature's attention. He saw another woman racing into the thicket. She’d need to be strong enough to deal with it, he could only distract it so long. He nocked another arrow this time aiming for the soft flesh of its eyes. However, it was far too small a target for the untrained archer as his arrow went wide instead aimed more towards the boar’s face than its vulnerable eyes. It was too dangerous to get close to which meant he couldn't use his knives, and he'd yet to become skilled in the art of the lance before being separated from his people.

“Shit! Miss Yo please run.”

Pozou Artith

Porou 2.jpg

Pozou had shaken his head at Kiel's hesitance for him to do more for him. "I wouldn't see you go without, you know. My conscience wouldn't sit well with me if I could help you and didn't..." What perhaps was seen as generosity, could be seen as weak willpower by others. He was so quick to give that coin to that beggar back in Whaleshell Port, after all. His heart was too big, a reason why he delved into the medical profession in the first place. The Quetzola had chuckled a little and shook his head again. "Your company is payment enough. Just do your best to keep yourself alive."

Pozou hummed at Kiel's words. "Easier said than done, I suppose," he told him. "Quetzola have branched off from communities to form their own sometimes. Some live on their own, amongst other races. Each have their varying successes. But how nice it would be, if everyone could leave others well enough alone." It was an idealistic thought coming from Kiel, and only a reminder of how cruel the world and its inhabitants could be.

"Not this parent," Pozou couldn't help but scoff. He'd heard of plenty of religions where gods were malevolent and unforgiving towards those who revered or feared them. "I don't really celebrate it--well, partake in it, should I say. But I suppose that would be nice, nonetheless." Maybe that was why he was the way he was now. Because he didn't ask for forgiveness, didn't show his respect to Quetzalcoatl. A silly thought, but anything was better than what he had hanging over him at this moment in time.

Pozou listened to Kiel hiss in the dark, struggle in trying to sit up alongside him. He hadn't tried to look for Kiel, cast by shadow and the melding darkness. He had stared ahead into nothing, for a few moments, pondering his position. Tell all now, or blame his rambling on sleep deprivation, and simply turn over to rest. He swallowed back, angling himself so he was turned towards Kiel, grunting in the process. "Alright..."

Concealed and held together by nothing but poles and a worn tent cloth, Pozou let his secrets fly to Kiel. He explained as best he could his situation, his anxieties, a dam suddenly bursting when he let himself speak about it, after suffering in some silence. He wasn't sure if he felt much better for explaining it or admitting what he would consider actually using his wish for. He was embarrassed that he had to lie, but he hoped admitting this to Kiel would rectify some of his earlier mistakes.

Kiel Shan
Kiel kept silent, still somewhat uncomfortable accepting the other's continued generosity. When Pozou expressed enjoying being around him though, he gave another small chuckle. "I'm glad to hear that. When we met first met in the tavern and you were with your sister and that other man, I felt he didn't seem me so fondly. I thought that feeling was something carried over to you. I guess it's a silly thought now, since you're going above and beyond to care for me."

The man sat silently as Pozou expressed the difficulties his kind had faced in order to find a place to belong. "Well, I can assure you you would be welcome in my tribe if you chose to join. Although I guess at that point you wouldn't be a Quetzola anymore... Regardless, if you're nearby and need assistance, any Al'rhean would happily go out of their way to help."

Kiel scratched his smooth chin lightly for a moment. "Well, why don't you celebrate becoming independent from your parent?" he suggested. "And instead of lamenting not being able to reach the Cosmos, why not celebrate having wings on which you can still fly through the sky? I'm not sure how valuable my perspective is, but I would be thrilled if I could fly, even if it was for only a short time or just a couple feet off the ground. I guess if you celebrate that, it would be a jab at your cruel parent. It would be a way of saying, despite what they put you through, you've survived, and are happy with who you are and what you've accomplished." His eyes drifted down to the silhouette of his leg. "... I guess I'll need to get into that celebratory mindset with you."

As the other turned to face him, Kiel leaned in to hear what the man had to say. Upon hearing his words an expression of sorrow was on his face, shrouded by the darkness. "That's terrible..." he said softly, before leaning forward some more, enough to wrap his arms around the other. The position put stress on his leg, causing pain to shoot up it from the wound, but he did his best to ignore it and keep Pozou in his embrace. "I'll help you. You helped me, so let me do the same for you. Let's help each other..."

Arcanist Arcanist

pirate.jpg

Rose’s grip around her knife tightened, showing the white of her scarred knuckles. A glimpse of a smirk appeared on her face once she saw that her knife drew blood. A small chuckle escaped her lips when she heard the syphid mention the well. “The Well? Do you really believe that folktale? I know your kind isn’t the brightest but I would have never guessed that you were so gullible.” Rose’s green eyes glared at Celestine, watching for her next move. In the corner of her eye, she could see that Kuma had regained her composure and was getting Jane to safety. She faintly heard Kuma attempting to make peace with the syphid but Rose was set on defeating them. Reaching to her thigh, she pulled out a knife that was slightly bigger than the one she held in her other hand. Numerous voices erupted behind her on the shore but Rose didn’t care to turn around. Jane was safe and that’s all that mattered. Now it was time to deal with the enemy before her. She ignored Helena's words and dove into the water. She used the bottom of the lake to push herself towards Celestine, gripping the knives in her hands. Once she got closer, she kicked the syphids tail and came to the surface. “You messed with the wrong pirate.” She smiled before lunging towards Celestine, knives aiming for her chest.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Lost Echo Lost Echo BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith Jet Jet MythyDW MythyDW

Last edited:
knight1.jpgknight2.jpgsyphid_final.png

Amalia Winters Celestine Oceania

Celestine grimaced as that green person... well, more like green thing, collapsed in the water. It wasn't dead though, as it soon somewhat reformed and engulfed the fainted pirate in itself. Neptune, the land dwellers were strange. Was it trying to eat the woman? Or perhaps preserve her corpse? Hell, she may have even been alive and the green creature was trying to keep her stable. That was her least favorite possibility, but also long as they moved away from the water the princess didn't mind.

Perhaps looks were deceiving though, as the green one seemed to be the most diplomatic. Even if she, or at least Celestine assumed she was female by the pitch of her voice, spoke calmly and suggested peace, many of the other words coming from her mouth made no sense. Sacrifice? Stolen? What was she talking about?

"I don't want a sacrifice and I've stolen nothing!" Celestine retorted. "Your kind are the ones who steal! You believe anything you come across is yours to claim, use, and eventually destroy! If you really must offer me something keep you and your fellow land dwellers away from the ocean, and away from any water which may flow into it!" Regardless of the strangeness of the situation and the being speaking, there was indeed something valuable given to the princess. The Inquisition were seeking to kill anyone pursing the Well? How typical of them. As ironic as the name was, in this day an age the organization only wanted to keep knowledge hidden, unlike in the past when they worked with syphid scholars.

She didn't have much time to dwell on it though, as reinforcements seemed to join her enemies. Celestine let out a small growl. While a few of them busied themselves with tending to the serpentine fellow, many seemed ready to assist the conscious pirate woman. One even went so far as to throw a needle at her, coated with some sort of viscous fluid. She tried to twist her body to dodge but the motion pulled her tricep and and put stress on the cut. Sadly this left her to take a jab from the needle right into her side. She winced as it pierced her flesh, though was able to quickly pull it off. She knew the ordeal wasn't over though, as the main sting would come from the effect of whatever it was coated in.

"You fool! Your companion just mentioned you were being tailed while on your own search for the Well!" She let out a scoff. "Especially after such an idiotic statement, how ironic is it for a primitive land dweller to insult a syphid." At this point she was ready to take Kuma's suggestion, and turned around to retreat. Before she could get too far though, she felt herself being flipped over after taking a sharp kick to her tail. It seemed that pirate woman really was out for blood, as when Celestine was one again facing the sky she saw her lunging down towards her with knives in hand. Determined not to go down like this she used the momentum from being turned over to deflect the pirate's trajectory and allow her to land in the water next to her. It wasn't a perfect evasion though, and resulted in yet another gash on her other arm. The princess knew there was worse in store if she stayed any longer though, and started once again to swim away. Unfortunately, the serum on the needle was faster-acting than she had expected, and she felt her eyelids starting to fall and each movement becoming more taxing. Through her determination she continued trying to swim, though eventually ended up blacking out and floating limp in the water.

Meanwhile, on the shore, Amalia had followed Freya to be at Kuma and Jane's side. It was apparent that Kuma was alive, but she made sure to see some sort of rise and fall of the pirate sister's chest before drawing her own blade. It seemed that there was no need for her and Freya to assist though, as Helena's poison had quickly incapacitated the foe.

"Let me carry Jane," Amalia said to Kuma. "Can you walk?" She looked over the group to see that Liam was also hurt. He would be quite difficult to carry back to camp though, with the length of his tail. And on top of that, there was the now-unconscious Syphid that attacked them. "Who was she? What happened?"

[Standing next to & interacting with]
Lost Echo Lost Echo
Sarahspn Sarahspn
Taigakitt Taigakitt

[Sharing the scene with]
Jet Jet
BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
EldridSmith EldridSmith
MythyDW MythyDW

Last edited by a moderator:
9974bc8bc3ef11719753a03e31eebae5.jpg

Krakthoom drew close, chasing after his target who dashed between trees. Dense underbrush and crowded evergreens made the princess hard to track, but strong scent guided her assailant anyway. His breed was well-adapted to lush forests where good vision was one of many senses needed to hunt, and so she would have no escape from Krakthoom, who chopped and tossed plant matter with tusk thrusts as he ran, trailing close behind his mark.

Moments passed and ground was gained, leaving three paces between the monster and princess. Soon he would pounce from behind and devour the woman when she was stunned senseless. Putting plans to motion he lunged forward, lancing her back with his huge right tusk. But as her amulet absorbed the impact, something happened that the monster couldn't account for — his target had help.

Krakthoom was small minded, unable to understand human groups and strategy when the archers distracted him. Base animal-drives demanded he destroy threats before prey, and so he suddenly stopped pursuing her, sending topsoil spraying from skidding hooves as he turned the others' way.

Target number-one was the treetop annoyance named Roland. Krakthoom immediately gunned for the boy's sniper-nest at extreme speed, doubling the average human's maximum as he lowered tusks, becoming a bladed battering ram that slammed into the tree with a massive splintering crash. The trunk stood no chance and cracked from meteoric pressure, skewing the tree sideways and down towards the ground. But the Boss of Many Boars wasn't done.

Instead he focused on Lorrin. The second archer would be good eating and Krakthoom panted, lusting for human flesh as he charged forward without strategy, measure or respect. He was spurred by mindless hunger and rage alone, roaring with absolute confidence as there was no way he would lose here. Humanoids were fodder against his armor-dense hide and bladed tusks — they were true weaklings he would've taunted with a "you don't stand a chance" had he the ability to speak an actual language. Instead he roared loud like a locomotive horn, announcing his intent to slay the ranger where he stood.

Fred Colon Fred Colon Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
"Yo!" Daisy shouted as the boar hit her. For a moment dread, like the cool hand of a cadaver clutched her heart. Daisy had performed funeral rights for men who had been slain by boars. The animals tusks goring them from groin to navel, and this thing was much, much bigger than any normal boar.

But Yo's wonderful amulet seemed to protect her from the brunt of the blow, and a cascade of arrows from somewhere in the trees struck the beast, turning it's attention away.
Daisy didn't stop running towards it, even as it smashed into the tree the arrows came from.
Daisy took a deep breath and clenched a fist as she ran. The arrows had done little to nothing to the boar. It's hide had to be tough. But so too did she know that boars had hooves, and long travels on the road had taught her that horses hooves were surprisingly delicate. A stone stuck in one could hobble a horse, the flesh behind the hard hoof soft.

The boar turned towards someone else, and began to charge again.

Hopefully what held true for horses held true here, too.

Spikes of earth erupted in front of the boar. Not tall, not enough to pierce the boar's underbelly. Daisy wasn't that powerful of a geomancer, but the spikes littered the ground around the boar like caltrops. It was moving at a speed that, in theory, should mean that the boar's own weight and speed would drive the spikes into it's feet, dealing a blow more powerful than any Daisy could deliver.
She continued running towards the boar. She hoped this would slow it down enough for her to catch it, even as she realized the foolishness of engaging in physical combat with the boar.

But she wouldnt perform a funeral for anyone. Not another. Not so soon. She refused.

Mentions: Taigakitt Taigakitt

In scene with: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Pik Pik EldridSmith EldridSmith Jet Jet

Last edited:
Stone ???

GStone.jpgThe Momerki eyed this stranger wearily, tired of the shenanigans and useless words. At least the knife hadn’t gone for him, nor had he seemed inclined to steal their deer. As soon as the strange old man was off the carcass, Stone started pulling on it by the antlers, more or less to get it away from the man and so he could get it pulled up over his back to carry back to camp. A deer typically weighed 150 pounds for one this size, which would be no problem for the catfolk by himself.

When Rada-rada-what’s-his-face, as let’s be honest, Stone was not paying attention to the formality, started going off about trophy hunting, he rolled his eyes. “We don’t need trinkets. We’re out here for food.” Though, Lorrin seemed intrigued, as long as they got to keep the meat. Hm. Stone would agree to those kinds of terms, which the catfolk nodded to.

A sudden shriek filling the air caught his attention as he perked up, his ears swiveling in the direction of the noise, his whiskers pulling forward. He recognized the voice, and knew that he couldn’t very well just ignore it.

Not intending to give up his deer, he hid it within some bushes and slashed the tree beside it with his claws, glaring at Radameer all the while, as a threat of warning.

Once secured, Stone activated his magic to hide his presence, running behind Lorrin. Soon, he could see the cause of the thundering underneath his feet. The boar beast was massive, and Lorrin had already shot some arrows towards it, hoping to get it away from Yo. Ro was also helping with her own arrows.

Yo, unfortunately, was smacked with a tusk before they could do anything about it, yet miraculously, she was un-stabbed. Interesting.

No time to dwell on what happened, he ran out into the clearing just as Daisy came in on the action. No matter what was going on, Stone was ready for the beast, knowing that his magic should be able to mask his scent and appearance from the boar.

Knowing better than to get out front, he went for the sides, sliding his knuckle weapon over his knuckles, as that would pack a greater punch than just his bare hands. Getting situated, just as the boar would be in his direct range, Stone would throw a punch with as much force as he could behind it, looking to tear hide from muscle, designed to wear the old beast down rather than to take it down. He was well aware that a bite to the throat for him wouldn’t be strong enough, not with a beast this large.
Interactions: Boar ( Jet Jet )
Mentions: Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) | Roland ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) | Bjorn ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) | Daisy ( Fred Colon Fred Colon )

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgLungs feeling like they were on fire, Yo ran as hard as she could, pushing herself off tree trunks as she passed, hoping to not trip on anything underfoot. If she hadn’t been drinking, running from this beast probably wouldn’t have been so taxing, yet here they were.

The sound of Lorrin’s voice reached her ears just as she felt a pressure at her back. Her necklace flashed as she felt herself fly through the air, colliding with a tree, face-first.

BAM! The tree shook, the stray bird that hadn't flown away earlier quickly taking off, and the wind was knocked out of Yo's lungs. She had no chance to even make a peep.

The force of the impact dazed the Dragonfolk woman as she slid down the trunk and clunked to the ground, into some bushes. That… would leave multiple bruises the shade of her scales, no doubt. Her silken style outfit was tattered, revealing a wicked bruise already forming where the tusk hit.

Combined with the alcohol and the head-to-tree impact, Yo was out cold.

Last edited:

• Chapter_73_(English).png

Tags:
    Yo, Stone ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) Bjorn ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ) Boar, Rada ( Jet Jet ) Daisy ( Fred Colon Fred Colon )
    ~ The Ivory Forest ~
    Rise Up || Roland's CS File

The tree was coming down. This boar was a monster! He hadn’t had the time to summon enough wind, even as he tried to kick off the air he fell. He spun into a roll before he hit the ground. He heard as the bow snapped into two unequal parts. Just another thing going wrong. He didn’t know if the caravan knew that such a beast existed in the forest but he’d hoped they’d push for better investigation gathering in the future. He’d luckily only gotten a few scrapes in the fall, if there was one thing Savanna elves knew how to do it was how to fly.

Yet the boar didn’t come straight for him, instead it decided to ram into Yo at a speed he didn’t know the beast could accomplish. The kind woman had gone flying into a tree leaving a dent. He felt himself scream as he left the shambles of the bow as he ran behind the boar aiming to get to Yo. He wasn’t sure she was even still alive but if she wasn’t he still needed to make sure she would get a proper burial. He’d seen too many discarded like trash.

He stumbled as he reached the bushes cutting away the cover. He’d found her and pressed his head to her chest forgetting near everything Helena had ever taught him in his panic. Luckily her heartbeat was strong as ever. He sat back up as tears welled up and his breath was becoming more shallow as his brief panic caused him a fit of hyperventilation. He heard the boar roar again and he knew that he needed to get Yo out of here. He grabbed her with one hand behind her back and another wrapping around her legs. She was only a bit smaller than he was but she was quite a deal heavier than he initially thought she’d be.

“I’m going to get Yo to safety”

With a small amount of effort he drew her up to his chest. Without thinking of it he started to bolt he had to find a safe place to put her and go back to help Lorrin. As much as he admired the man an archer would do less against this beast without some solid support. He rounded another clearing and found a good covered spot. He left the trinket that Helena had given him “for protection” with the woman hoping that it might help her more as he went rushing back.

31abd45b0fa076583bd9ab792fb28a10-1.jpg

Ayana looked between both humans, debating who she agreed with more. The rogue sounded honest when cursing up a storm, but Helena remained suspicious, unconvinced, and correct about strategy. Seperating made them easy targets for sure, but Ayana believed — we don't need caution, we need actionbecause Liam needed help. And his massive stature made transportation a time consuming problem. Meanwhile Heims' Island was nearby.

From where Ayana crouched, gathering herbs seemed easier than moving the wounded boy, but island exploration was a classic high-risk high-reward mission. Liam would be healed faster assuming Jace was honest about the arcane remedy, but maybe bounty hunters were there instead? Ayana could only guess what was true.

Glancing between them again, her face tensed with concentration. She hated uncertainty and wasn't sure what to do. Both choices were based on guesswork, a tough prospect for someone measuring evidence alone — something she lacked in the heated moment.

Narrowing her eyes she looked down at Liam once more, considering next moves, placing her lavender hand on his burned chest. Deep sympathy welled as she brushed over charred cotton stitching, and then she looked to Jace, solemnly nodding before answering Helena.

"Your advice is wise, but I cannot take the cautious route. We need to do something fast, and if Jace is lying... Then he will pay for it himself! I am smaller than you humans, but my magic is stronger. If there is an ambush I may perish, but I'll make sure he does too."

Her tone could slice corded steel, and there was a reason. Humans forgot she was an expert mage-archer because of how small she was, maybe her demeanor would remind them? Meanwhile the waterborn opponent was defeated and unconsciously bobbed around. Ayana had expected a longer battle so the short confrontation surprised her — what wasn't surprising was another person knocked-out cold. There was an unconsciousness plague going around for sure. How strange.

Lo
oking to the group who bested Celestine, Ayana waved and smiled, shouting a congratulatory "Great job! You are impressive warriors indeed! Would any of you accompany us to the island for burn-healing herbs? We could use a hand in case anything... or anyone dangerous is out there!"

Darting glances accompanied her words, bouncing between the rogue and combat medic. Ayana hoped they both understood the deal. Then Helena wouldn't worry anymore, and Jace would come clean about any concealed traps or ambushes. If not he would find himself the richest bounty hunter buried six feet under.

Primary interaction with

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic MythyDW MythyDW EldridSmith EldridSmith

Secondary interaction with

Lost Echo Lost Echo Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Sarahspn Sarahspn
Taigakitt Taigakitt

Last edited:
20200731_153539.jpg
9974bc8bc3ef11719753a03e31eebae5.jpg

Radameer leaned back on a moss covered boulder, eating walnuts from a brown-leather pouch. Gnawing away he watched the grand showdown between man and monster, thinking about rumored Almas combat arenas. Rumors were all the Centosian native had, but they matched what he saw today and good-lord was the scene glorious. He was more than entertained seeing the red spectacle — he was enthralled and stopped grinning only when a random newcomer was gorged.

Radameer leaned forward wondering well shit is she a gonner? But then Krakthoom swapped one target for another, and the old hermit contained awestruck cheers when an evergreen tree was demolished. He also smiled with an arm-pump when the wounded woman was saved by Roland, averting a potential crisis in dramatic fashion. Radameer thanked God she survived because now he could enjoy the show guilt-free, as seeing deaths would leave him depressed and ashamed..... maybe. What a mood slayer that would be, as people getting tossed around was wholesome entertainment, assuming they survived of course.

To that end, the hermit hoped Lorrin would get launched when Krakthoom charged forward. And he watched with bated breath, wondering how aerodynamic the ranger was, before two others assisted him. The combined power of both warriors knocked the creature into a bumbling and broken sprint, ending with him skidding across the ground, flattening every manner of underbrush plant.

"WELL I'LL BE! YOU HUNTERS MAKE FOR ONE HELL OF A SHOW YOU KNOW THAT EH!?" Radameer shouted from his extremely safe, and very comfortable distance. Had he access to modern popcorn machines, three bags would be needed for such an amazing show! Alas he only packed ragged month-old nuts, chewing several as Krakthoom stood from the ground.

More than bleeding patches and bruising was needed to stop the now-annoyed monster, who lunged tusks into topsoil and up again like two huge shovels. The powerful movement dislodged loose rocks and dead branches, sending a spray of debris towards Lorrin, Daisy and Stone. With his ranged attack occupying the group, Krakthoom charged once more, making sure to crash against several trees as he ran. Two descended towards the hunters, splintering and crackling as they dropped like hammers above an anvil.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Pik Pik BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Fred Colon Fred Colon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back