• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Well of Wishes | Main IC | [Closed]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngThere wouldn't be much light soon for fishing, so she felt that they would have to make do with what light they'd have. She can't see well in the dark, being human and all, so she would be working her hardest to catch as many fish as she could manage. Ayana, Helena, and Amalia had joined her in fishing, which was great. The more the merrier! Freya had offered a wave back to Amalia.

In fact, Ayana, the adorable little elfling, seemed to be having the time of her life, and cheering for Amalia with the first that had been speared. Freya fluidly stabbed a fish, throwing it into the bucket as she watched the elven woman ready a pole. Oh boy. Knowing the feeling of hooks where they didn't belong, Freya decided to move out of range of a throw, to watch from a safe distance.

Maybe her concern was unnecessary, as into the tree the hook went. Freya had to stifle a chortle as she watched Ayana nimbly climbed the tree, as if she belonged, and freed her line. Trying to not stay distracted, Freya snagged another fish before it could swim past her reach. Luckily, with a river, being loud didn't matter nearly as much as at the lake, as the fish really only had one direction they could go.

A cringe reached Freya's features as she watched the hook snag on Amalia. Maybe she would have had time to warn, but alas, hooks flew as fast as words could. If anyone was to be snagged that day, Amalia would probably be the safest, what with the armor and all. Freya did find it interesting that she wore the armor all the time. The banter between the elvish woman and armored woman made for a light feeling. Amalia had even went to instruct a little for Ayana.

Freya's sapphire gaze wandered to Helena, who managed to get a fish. Freya cheered for her, though not long after Helena had started up, Amalia had gone to help her with her spearing as well. Freya found Amalia helpful. Freya wasn't sure if she was capable of teaching properly, so she was grateful someone was so quick to jump on that.

To Helena's question, Freya took to a thoughtful expression as she snagged a fish trying to sneak past her. She waited for Amalia to finish speaking before she offered her own thoughts, "Honestly, as many as we can get before the sun is completely gone, I think."

Keeping her focus on the river as the usable light as slowly disappearing, the cool water rushing past, she stabbed another fish. As her face was facing the water now, "Amalia, out of curiosity, doesn't the armor get hot to leave on all of the time?"

Pozou Artith
Mentions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel) | Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel)

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou gave Kiel the time and space to rise to his feet, noting how wobbled as he did so. He couldn't hide a frown from settling in his expression when he noticed how lips twisted, no doubt at the pain he was experiencing. He wondered if he had experienced intense pain for this long and had already been racking his brain for what methods he could use to ail his woes. Even witnessing him walking was enough to have him start running through potential diagnoses and other things to help with his current condition. He followed him inside, not noticing the appearance of another Quetzola woman arriving at their campsite, much too distracted by Kiel's request to look over his leg.

Pozou moved inside the tent after Kiel, the breeze from the cool night air dissipating as he entered inside a much more enclosed space. He kept some distance from Kiel to give him room and watched him try to lower himself to the ground. Even the way he tried to lower himself to the ground - which, he couldn't help but admit, even in his medical mindset, was rather impressive - gave him some reason to worry for his leg. Pozou approached carefully before lowering himself onto the ground and onto his knees, setting down his own bag. The contents made a soft chink as the bag settled on the ground. He waited for him to undo his bandages before he took a closer look at the wound.

"It wouldn't easy, especially if you don't have the medicinal properties or materials to perform it. But It's not a terrible job," Pozou told him, nodding to himself as he looked over the stitching. He didn't take his eyes off them as his hand plunged inside his bag, stirring the contents inside before pulling out some small equipment, such as a needle and suturing material, some alcohol (for cleaning purposes, of course), bandages and cloth, and so forth. "I'd like to tighten them up if you don't mind. It means it'll heal a little faster," he smiled, before he pulled out a glass jar, small enough to fit in Pozou's palm, and unscrewed the lid on top of it. "I'm going to apply an ointment around the wound. It might sting a little, but it should be short-lived. That way I can remove the stitches and clean your wound before I stitch it up again." He smiled, making sure the information was understood by Kiel before he prepared himself and made sure everything was sterile.

Even as he applied the ointment, he waited and expected the flinch that would come from Kiel. After a few moments, when they both knew the ointment would have done its job of numbing the area, Pozou took to cleaning out the wound, apologising in advance if cleaning the wound stung any. There hadn't been any alarming symptoms, the redness surrounding the wound and how swollen it had grown alerted to some infection, though nothing that couldn't be fixed easily. "There's probably some infection here," Pozou told him as he continued cleaning it and searching for any debris that could have lodged itself in the wound itself. "Nothing serious. It probably hasn't helped with the pain and being unable to move..." The avian mumbled, though whether it was clearly to Kiel or more for his own musings was debatable.

Soon, Pozou moved to restitch the wound. He could sense some nervous anticipation from his patient, though, warned him again of what he was doing to put him at ease. He was careful as he ran the thread through the wound. "I remember my first time trying to stitch a wound," Pozou began, a chuckle rising from his throat, "my hands were trembling. I could barely get the wound sutured up. It takes a steady hand to be able to do this kind of thing. You're lucky I haven't taken to drink tonight."

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Kiel Shan

A smile came onto Kiel's face upon hearing the compliment the other gave. "Thank you," he responded. "I learned how to do so while I was still with my tribe. All the children are taught basic first aid as well as other life skills while growing up. It's important to be self-sufficient after all, especially if you end up leaving the tribe." Most people left the tribe to join another, usually the one of their betrothed. Some even left to start their own tribe with their spouse and close friends, but leaving to travel outside the deserts on your own was fairly uncommon.

"Of course," the light-blue-haired man said when Pozou explained his process and the rationale behind it. It was nice to know that he was transparent about the procedure, as during his travels Kiel had heard about patients being left in worse states after due to unclear explanations.

Upon the application of the ointment Kiel did indeed wince as sharp stinging came from the wound. When the stinging subsided the area thankfully felt numb, even if only on the surface. He gave a simple nod of understanding when the other apologized for more pain during the cleaning, and did flinch again as well as the alcohol was applied to the injury.

"Hmm... that's surprising I suppose," he commented with the avian mentioned infection. "The wound was caused by a flaming arrow. I assumed it would have cauterized it upon impact." He wasn't a medical professional though, and only really knew the basics. The whole cauterization process could have been much more complex than he knew.

Despite it not seeming appropriate for the situation, Kiel chuckled as well at Pozou's anecdote as well. It was a nice distraction from the needle piercing into and dragging thread through his flesh. "It's hard to have a steady hand when you're in immense pain, and adding on to it," he said, and then was silent for a moment. "Er... how deep do you think it went? ... Is it possible it will cause lasting damage?" He had pulled the burning arrow out with his own hand and hadn't really checked the state of the tip in that moment of heated combat. "... There wasn't anything still left in the wound from the arrow, right?" After saying these things he realized he should have asked before the Quetzola started restitching him up, but hopefully he had taken a look while cleaning it.

Arcanist Arcanist

Daisy leaned back as Yo pulled her seat up to her, surprised. Maybe making friends was easier that she thought? The other woman was obviously drunk, as she leaned closer Daisy could smell the alcohol on her breath. Daisy wasn’t quite sure what to do other than to stare back at the newcomer. She was quite regal looking, despite having been on the run from Inquisitors and now camping in the forest. Her impressive black horns and scales marked her as one of the Dragon-folk. Daisy thought back to their burial customs. If she remembered correctly they preferred their dead to be--- she shook her head. Now was not the time for that. This Dragonfolk was alive, and Daisy needed to interact, not plan her funeral.
Daisy swallowed. She was very close.
Then she asked Daisy to stab her.

“Ah. Are you… sure?” But it seemed that she was.

Keil and Pozou seemed not to think it was a good idea, and said as much. But then they got up and headed into a tent so Pozou could look at Keil’s wound. And even after they were gone, Yo seemed to want to show off.

Well. She seemed confident. And she wanted Daisy to stab her. A strange way to make friends, but Daisy didn’t know anything about Dragonfolk except their funeral customs. Perhaps this was how Dragonfolk made friends.
“Alright.” Daisy said, drawing her pocket knife.

But before she could drive the dagger into Yo’s arm a Quetzola stepped into the clearing. Daisy had been so distracted by Yo’s closeness that she hadn’t heard the other being pushing its way through the brush.

Daisy’s hand immediately went to her shovel, Somber, knife in the other.

“H-hi, any chance you’d let a lost traveler join you?”
The newcomer asked.

Daisy looked to Yo, and then to the Quetzola.

“Not without proper introductions and an explanation as to what you’re doing here.” Daisy paused, going through a list of requirements that would need to be met if this newcomer were to join them.
“We’d also need to convene with the others to make a group decision, as I cannot make a unilateral decision on matters such as these. In addition you would need to assure us, somehow, that you’ve no hostile intentions. Letting us search your person might help with that, but if you’ve another method to prove you are an ally, or at least a neutral party and not a foe I’m willing to hear you out. ”

Daisy stood, stowing her knife, but putting her shovel in front of her, head on the ground, hands on the top of it. She would do this correctly. She wouldn’t be the one to wantonly allow strangers into the group and endanger the others, even if this stranger looked mildly harmless and very lost, as she claimed.
“You may sit, if you’d like, while we sort all of this out.” Daisy said, “The others should come here soon and we’ll decide what happens to you.”

That sounded ominous, Daisy realized.

“Ah. Not that we would hurt you or anything.” Unless she was an inquisitor. Then they might. “It’s just…” Daisy stopped. She didn’t want to tell this newcomer that they were being hunted by inquisitors either. Then she might go and alert the inquisitors when she left.
“It’s just… Er. Yes. Just. Sit and wait. Or stand. As you please.” Daisy finished lamely. She looked back to Yo, to see how she was responding. She was a little embarrassed to be so inarticulate in front of the Dragonborn. She had been such a good listener during Daisy’s story.

Interaction: Taigakitt Taigakitt Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Mention: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Arcanist Arcanist

Pozou Artith
Mentions: - | Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel)

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou glanced up to Kiel as he spoke about his tribe, what the children learned, and how their culture placed great emphasis on them being self-sufficient. "Your tribe has passed on some good wisdom it seems," he smiled. "Our community taught us how to fish and survive, and most importantly, how not to get shot out of the air whilst flying," he chuckled.

"Possibly," Pozou murmured to Kiel's comment about cauterization. He didn't put it past a flaming arrow, no doubt if it had lodged itself in his thigh. Though, that worried him. He had seen how deep the wound had gone and if it had cauterized as the young desert dweller had mentioned...well, his gods certainly hadn't been looking out for him. "Cauterization has its...fair share of problems," he admitted. If there was one thing his professors and mentor had told him, it was that being frank with patients was the best way forward. Pozou didn't believe in veiling the truth, though, several people weren't willing to accept diagnoses or viewpoints on particular medical standards. "Sometimes it leaves you open to infection or...tissue damage. As in, what makes up your muscles or your nerves, what makes them work," he added, trying to explain it in the best possible way he could. Several people hadn't understood anatomy at the best of time. Some were even surprised by the knowledge they learned of it when coming to Stowfort. "Though, it remains useful for some things. I've done it before myself with varying successes..."

As Pozou continued suturing, he listened to Kiel's question, or rather, questions, regarding the prognosis of his leg. He tried not to let his expression reveal his misgivings over his leg. He looked up to him again over his last question, and he gave him a comforting smile. "If there had been, I would have found it and pulled it out. Thankfully, it seemed you got the arrow pulled straight out without anything else lodging in it." He would be done with the suturing soon, however, another pain would have to be inflicted when it came to Kiel's leg. "The wound extended...rather deeply. It hasn't hit any major arteries of yours, anything that could have made you bleed out significantly...though..." He sighed. "I think it lodged itself deep enough to affect your leg significantly." His suturing slowed. Giving patients, no less a man he was travelling with and knew more personally, negative results never got easier.

"The wound outside should heal fine. But as for your leg returning to its normal function, I'm not sure that's a possibility," Pozou told him, pausing his suturing for a moment to give him this news. "You'll still be able to use your leg, though, I can imagine due to how deep it went and the cauterisation, you'll walk with a limp. Perhaps not be able to put your whole weight on it, but I wouldn't rule that out just yet. You'll need some support though."

Pozou fell silent before he returned to suturing. His heart felt heavy, the strain of negative news pulling it down to unspeakable depths. As a doctor, he learned that one couldn't save everyone - one he had experienced on many a pirate crusade - and not every case saw someone cured. He had learned that the hard way, even in his own village as a young man. It still never helped ease the feeling of shame that hung over him like a fog.

"All done," Pozou said, his voice barely contained above a murmur. He reached for new bandages. "I'll apply some fresh bandages. What you should do is apply new ones daily, though I can provide those for you and help with that."

Vaaltari of Jata

Group agreement went smoother than Vaaltari may have thought it might at first. To say he did not understand Leóne's point though, would be a lie. Money had worth, he could not blame him for the desire of compensation.

Of course, that didn't mean he was about to believe anything Myrea said regarding treasures being within these ruins. If that were the case, looting would still be common in these parts. Very common, even if many of those 'treasures' had yet to be found. Didn't mean he was about to walk away, not when Pelea seemed adamant on going, or the others had already given up their interest to join.

He'd have been lying to say he wasn't curious, either. So at Myrea's beckon, he leaped down and followed. Ignoring the jab nickname of 'beanstalk' and following close behind.

While the atmosphere of the surrounding area did not phase Vaaltari, for the appearance was nothing he had not seen similar to the darkened forest paths of Geb or any real uncut area that existed along various paths of Waetei, the atmosphere he detected did leave him wary. Once or twice did he pause to turn his attention to the sound of scuttling small creatures that fled due to their presence. After a few seconds, he only glanced more out of a habit than out of any true genuine concern. Better to stay on guard, than act apathetic if things did go south. For while Myrea had not proven herself malicious, the Matugna was not about to trust if worst came to follow- he suspected she would not hesitate to leave them if it meant saving her own skin. Perhaps it was a harsh judgement, but the fact recompense was whatever they found didn't particularly leave Vaaltari with the confidence of trusting absolutely everything the miss said.

Despite the dark, Vaaltari could see clearly as the day. Head turning behind him to search for Pelea in a brief display of owl like skill, Vaaltari turned his attention back to their guide once he had confirmed the avian female's location. Being so tall had its advantages.

"What is this place like? The places you have explored?" He asked, looking down, through the lenses at Myrea from behind the featureless white and red markings of his mask.

Mentions: Jet Jet Arcanist Arcanist OrWangatan OrWangatan Lost Echo Lost Echo

Interacts: Myrea

Kiel Shan

Kiel let out a small chuckle at the statement of jest. "I'm sure each culture passes down some different teachings that are necessary for survival in their environments. We were taught various ways to find water in the desert and how to stay cool on a particularly harsh day. Weathering a sandstorm was a fairly important lesson as well." Although the latter hadn't been as useful during his travels in different terrains, the first two certainly had come in handy.

Aside from the pain the procedure seemed to be going fairly smoothly, at least from Kiel's perspective. Then Pozou brought up the complications that arose with cauterization. "... What makes them work...?" he repeated with a shaky voice. The fire on the tip of the arrow that he was thankful for only moments prior was now being damned to the darkest pits of hell. He swallowed. His body started to feel weak and numbness seemed to spread out all over from where the ointment was applied. As he listened to the doctor's next words they seemed as if they were being played over a soft ringing noise.

His fears were confirmed when Pozou gave his prognosis. "... It won't return..." he whimpered with his voice breaking, unable to even finish the statement. Tears started welling up in his light blue eyes. "B-but then I... I won't be able to..." He took a deep breath and blinked a few times. After clearing his throat he said, "I see... thank you for letting me know." And tried his best to put on a smile. When the other mentioned being done with suturing and finishing by wrapping it in fresh bandages Kiel gave a nod. "Thank you. I appreciate you doing this for me."

He looked to the opening of the tent, his mind wandering back to Yo and Daisy. Would they still be outside by the time Pozou was done dressing his wound? Or had they actually taken Kiel's suggestion. It was still fairly early in the night, though the draconic woman would certainly be better off sleeping at this point. He wondered about the bottle they were sharing. Had it been finished by now? He wanted to just take the rest of the liquor for himself to calm his racing mind. Getting up to return outside would be a hassle though, and it would be fairly rude to take the drink they were passing all for himself. Part of him wanted to once again join in as well, and maybe try forgetting what he had just learned through the stories they were telling or just spill all his feelings and cry to them. Another part of him just wanted to be alone though, as he had originally intended. He took a solo tent for that, although after realizing how much trouble he had getting from the fireplace to his tent he wondered what he would do if something were to happen to him during the night.

"Thank you again," Kiel said to the avian doctor when he had finished dressing the wound. "... Are you going to return outside to the others?" He was silent for a moment as his eyes drifted to the side. "Er... are you looking forward to sharing your tent with someone tonight? Or perhaps having your own tent? It's no problem if you are, but I was wondering how I would fare alone were something to happen in the middle of the night due to my leg..." His gaze returned to meet Pozou's. "Once again, it's fine if you would rather not, but if you aren't looking forward to someone's company or to being alone tonight... would you mind if we shared a tent?"

Arcanist Arcanist

31abd45b0fa076583bd9ab792fb28a10.jpg

Ayana grinned and went "Thankyou Amalia! I would probably hook my eyes out by accident — trying to understand this contraption by myself!" The hunter appreciated assistance, as human tools were cumbersome and made almost no sense. Hearing an explanation would save everyone a huge headache... maybe some blood loss too.

Knowing what was needed, she leaned back and cast again with more grace than power. Her lunge was smooth and accurate as possible, penetrating waves instead of someone's neck! Ayana was sure she would catch something good soon and exclaimed a victorious "HAH!" as trout ignored her lure. They bobbled downstream without paying any attention whatsoever, but this was a start at least. Baby steps still counted as steps.

Everyone else was doing much better though — 'winning with ease' so to speak. Good thing this wasn't a race to Ayana. She was happy seeing everyone succeed, more-so because they really needed food. Helena was right about the group size, they were a damned platoon at this point. So many faces and names made the journey chaotic in entertaining ways, but supplies were always a huge concern. Many catches were needed to feed everyone — and that was assuming the hunters pulled through. Without them succeeding, the river group would need an absurd amount of success.

Ayana was stunned thinking about how strong the group was, as the topic came to mind. The group was a small army and she hummed "Hmmmmm... How many people do we have now? There are so many!" As she mused aloud, her lure bobbed around without action. Any second there would be several trout hooked at once — Ayana was sure. So she focused instead on Freya's thoughts about armor. He question was a good one, because metal clothes were a strange Centos custom. A custom that made even less sense than convoluted Centos technology. The only logical explanation, was that armored humans were heatophile masochists who found sweating attractive.

Adding her own question, Ayana looked over wondering "How do you not overheat and die inside your steel? Are you not boiling alive? I would last two hours before my heart explodes! How much would you say you sweat on average?"

A moment passed, and Ayana smiled before adding "You know.... you humans are so strange!"

Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Last edited:

• 6DA651C4-AEC0-4E40-B396-FF79E2B6F43B.jpeg

Tags:
    Lorrin ( Pik Pik ) Stone ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Bjorn ( EldridSmith EldridSmith )
    ~ Ivory Forest ~
    Higher || Roland's CS File

Whirlwind. That’s all he could describe his world as becoming. Helena recovered, because of course she would. He needed to help her but that’s what he was here for. He still kept his hood up, still responded only to Ro. His group was quiet anyways; he didn’t see them as planning to out him. Still he couldn’t afford to put his trust too far into the hands of others, people were terrible besides the few he’s chosen to trust. He looked to the hunting group he was traveling with. He shuffled away from the eldest man, he was uncomfortable around someone who tended to wield giant weapons.

Luckily enough he was somewhat familiar with the Momerki as they were from the same southern savanna as his kind. He relaxed in a way that he tried to hide not wanting anyone to look under his cloak and discover his own elven features. Lorrin was safe because he just was. Between being Yo’s protector and a skilled warrior there was no other he wished to learn from. He had his knives, his darts, and now he had a rather makeshift bow that he and Helena had painstakingly made on their travels. While it was no better than a common improvised bow it would hold long enough to learn the basics. He’d already secretly tried to mimic the moves he’d seen the archer do but he was rather lucky he never removed his gloves since the pain of the snap of the bow was felt even through them.

He followed Stone and Lorrin carefully as he adjusted his equipment. When he ran across the larger man again he turned away from him before muttering out an answer to his question.

“...Food”

He fidgeted in his hunting gear. It was not meant to be very protective as much as flexible so he had no wish to go after a game that could kill him. He caught on to the sounds of movement as he started to lift his bow. He saw a rabbit jump and let loose the arrow. Ah got it but it was still moving.

“Drat… I did it wrong”

He came closer to the rabbit as it seemed to struggle with all its might to try to flee. He took out his knife kneeling in the dirt and ended its struggle.

“...Sorry. Fish are a lot easier huh?”

He let the blood drain out before putting the rabbit in the basket strapped to his back. He felt as though his face under the cloak was a shade paler. He and Helena rarely hunted game, usually fish and foraging was enough. Yet for a caravan of their size he understood that wouldn’t be near enough. No, all this was merely practice. That’s all this was. He stood back up and shuffled back to Lorrin and Stone’s side.

“I missed. What did I miss? I thought that was the right angle.”

He asked Lorrin not fully expecting an answer but even an unwilling mentor was a mentor.
    47216D33-93A4-47FF-A4F9-8C37161DAEF5.jpeg

Pozou Artith
Mentions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Vaal), OrWangatan OrWangatan (Pelea) | Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel)

Porou 2.jpg
Kiel's sorrow, understandable in his nature, was damning to Pozou. It pained him, like the burning bitter herbs that the avian had been forced to swallow as a child. Even though there was nothing more he could do, only ease what pain Kiel was wrought with, his thoughts couldn't help but hark back to the earlier days of his trip. If he hadn't been so preoccupied with Vaaltari and his state, if he hadn't chosen to rest his wings and fatigued mind, perhaps he could have saved more of Kiel's leg sooner. Failure seated itself deep within Pozou's chest but he kept his expression loose, not unfeeling, for he did sympathise with him, greatly. Kiel's thanks felt empty. The only thanks Pozou deserved was resuturing and redressing his wound. But he mirrored Kiel's attempts to soothe his own woes and his doctor's worries over his feelings, smiling and nodding back at the desert dweller. "It's what I do," he simply told him, for it was true.

Pozou passed his time in silence, winding the bandage around the wound like a spider weaves a webbed cocoon. He could sense Kiel's thoughts, his ponderings, though whether it remained on his condition, or on the others outside, he wasn't so sure. He eventually finished wrapping the bandages and secured them, earning another thanks from Kiel.

Pozou turned to pack away his equipment, expecting more silence from Kiel again. He figured he would have wanted to be left on his own to process this information, though, paused as he listened to him. "O-oh, um..." He shrugged a little before his gaze settled on Kiel. "I'm not sure. I've been tired as of late, so I considered retiring early...though, again, I suppose some company never goes amiss." Tiredness hadn't been the only thing plaguing him as of late. The balm he had been applying earlier helped with his wing aches, something he attributed to him not flying and stretching them enough as he should have been. Or perhaps...

He turned his thoughts away from self-diagnosis as his eyes focused on Kiel. Sharing...a tent with someone? The thought hadn't crossed his mind. The only person he would have thought of sharing a tent with was Pelea, or else, would have set up his own tent. He was thoughtful for a few moments, staring back at the cool tones behind the wall of water that had developed in his eyes. He soon swallowed back, remembering Kiel's request and he nodded, "I, um, no, not at all. I probably would have been sleeping on my own anyway," he chuckled a little before clearing his throat. "If you want...I don't mind sitting with you if you want the company. O-or, if you'd rather I leave for a bit and return later or..."

knight1.jpgknight2.jpgKuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Amalia Winters and Kiel Shan

It came as a relief to Amalia when Ayana properly cast her line into the stream. She was still using a pole to fish as opposed to a spear, but at least she wasn't hooking anyone's eyes out. Along with that she still seemed to have her cheerful attitude. Despite that, while Freya, Helena, and Amalia herself were having success with their spears the knight noticed the little elven woman still hadn't managed a catch quite yet.

"There's a lake nearby. If you don't have much luck here I could relocate over there with you," she suggested in order to keep Ayana's morale up. "Fish are much more likely to notice bait and lures in stagnant waters.

"If we truly wanted to catch as many as possible after the sun sets would actually be the most ideal time to catch. The fish often swarm to deeper waters and follow paths which are more hidden to get out of the heat of the sun's rays. After nightfall, when things cool down, they allow themselves to spread out more. The ideal time to fish is actually dawn, just before the sunrises, as it's the coolest then. On top of that, you can enjoy them while they're relatively fresh if you eat them that day."
Regardless, she wasn't going to suggest they do so. She assumed her companions were tired from their travels and wanted to rest, and she wasn't leading them through a high-risk patrol or anything.

"As for how many people we have so far, I've been doing my best to keep track, although it seems our numbers keep increasing as we go along." That wasn't an issue as long as they were recognized by Lucien and Richard. The reason she mad sure to keep count though was in case the Inquisition planned on routing them from the inside by sending one of their own to infiltrate the group. Of course that could still be done by someone who was welcomed into it but keep tracking of the numbers mitigated the risk of it happening by some random individual just tagging along and causing chaos. "We have a total of twenty five," she finally answered, "including Richard, Lucien, and Vanessa."

When the question came around to her armor she felt less confident. While Freya seemed simply curious, Ayana seemed to have already concluded strangeness. "Er... well, it's not all humans who are strange in this case... I'm the only one who really does this..." she explained. Amalia was a little hesitant to go into details but trust was important among fellow soldiers and could influence a person's decision in a life or death situation. "The truth is... I'm just not very comfortable with my appearance. I prefer to keep my armor on when around people as to remain unseen. In this case, it keeps me from seeing my own reflection in the water as well." She decided to leave it vague, and let the others assume that it was because she was covered in scars or was cursed to look like a toad or what not. "And yes, it is rather hot in here, and uh... I suppose I do sweat a lot in it..." She let out an awkward chuckle. "But I've been wearing heavy armor since my time in the military so I'm used to it. And I make sure to thoroughly wash it regularly so it doesn't smell."

---

A soft smile appeared on Kiel's face when Pozou agreed to his request. "Either is fine. I don't want to keep you from enjoying your night. If you'd like to rejoin the others around the campfire you're welcome to. Just make sure no one gets stabbed." He let out a dry chuckle. "If you come back and find me asleep, just push me to the side if you need more room." He figured laying down and processing what just happened would be the best and least painful move going forward. Perhaps if Pozou did choose to leave he could let out all the despair he was currently feeling.

To think, he had joined this expedition to help someone find something they were so passionate about. It seemed in this case no good deed went unpunished. He contemplated what use he would be to the group now. His combat style involved movements that came from dancing, ones which required use of both legs. Aside from fighting and perhaps dancing to entertain or earn funds, he didn't have any other skills that could benefit the group. He would be dead weight, an extra mouth to feed and a liability they had to look after. Maybe it would be best if he just separated himself from the rest. He could crawl his way into the trees surrounding the clearing at night and let nature have its way with him.

Then again, maybe this happening was a reason for him to continue with the expedition. They were looking for something which could grant wishes after all, so if they found it he could wish for his leg to be healed. Perhaps with this in mind his belief in the well and drive to find it will be solidified. Besides, even if he couldn't move as nimbly as he used to he could still use magic and aid in combat from afar.

Arcanist Arcanist Jet Jet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt

Attachments

• Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Stone ???

GStone.jpgBjorn caught Stone's attention before they had departed, noting the... spear in hand. A complicated expression quickly flashed across his face as the man mentioned hunting some type of creature. To be honest, Stone wasn't sure what he was talking about, but by the sound of it, he wasn't joining them to hunt for food, but a trophy. Great.

Stone responded to the large northern man, "I do not wish to hunt for fun. Creatures hunted should be eaten, and all parts used so as to not waste the life that they were given. I assure you, if we spot this Krak'thum, if it seems edible, then I will help." The Momerki couldn't stop the small swish of his tail. He usually tried to be more gentlemanly, but the idea of killing animals for fun truly did irritate him. Quickly clearing his throat, he bowed to the group before they started to get a move on to their location.

As Stone walked with the group, he kept his footsteps undetectable. If someone was listening in on them, they would probably miscount the number belonging to the group. Unfortunately, he felt that the group wasn't quiet enough. Though, game could be stupid sometimes, and it wasn't like they were trying to sneak around people.

His green gaze scanned the glowing forest, looking for anything that could be deemed edible. Birds were something he didn't mind snacking on, but those weren't really suited to feed for a meal. Rabbit was an okay option. What Stone really wanted to get was something larger- like a deer or two, as those had plenty of meat on them. His mouth salivated at the thought of eating something more than birds and squirrel and rabbit.

At Lorrin's question, Stone's ears flickered back in the other's direction. Whiskers pulled forward, his pupils were slits, showcasing his focus. Though, they weren't nearly as thin as they could be, due to the semi-darker, though glowly location. Crouching down slightly, he flicked his ears back forward, "Many birds. Some rabbits. We should catch what we can... but a larger creature would be best suited for the group."

As much as Stone wanted to take off on his own, he understood that they had an archer, and an archer-in-training with them. At least he could catch anything that would get away. Speaking of, the younger one, Ro he learned the name earlier, had spotted a rabbit on their own and took a shot. He flinched when the hit wasn't an instantaneous blow, but that was sometime's the case.

He wanted to go up and end it himself, but the child went and used a knife.

Stone flashed Ro a smile when they seemed to have a slightly disappointed stature, "A hunter gets used to it. If you practice enough, you'll be able to take in one hit." Stone wasn't a good fisher. For reasons. Of course, he couldn't comment on the archery mistake, as he wasn't an archer himself. He used his claws, fist, and teeth most of the time.

Last edited:
Pozou Artith
Mentions: Fred Colon Fred Colon (Daisy), Taigakitt Taigakitt (Yo) | Interactions: Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Kiel), Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel)

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou watched Kiel, noting how he struggled to appease him with his strained smile. Perhaps leaving him for some time to process this on his own was the better options of the ones presented to him right now. He couldn't help but smile and chuckle at his comment, returning to packing away the rest of his things. "Even if someone does, I'll be there to treat them as best as I can," he reassured. He cinched his pack closed with the tug of a string before pulling the flap it, lifting and resting it on his shoulder. "Thank you, for offering to share a tent. I suppose it saves me of trying to pitch my own tent," he said, looking to him with genuine thanks. "I'll, um, just be outside at the campfire, should you need anything. If you're not awake by the time I get back, well..." Pozou managed a smile. "Goodnight." He soon turned, releasing the tension he had held in his jaw in trying to smile for so long as he exited the tent.

As he pulled the flap back and felt the prickle of the night's cool air on his cheeks, his tense form faded through a heavy sigh. Poor thing. He had only wished the diagnosis had gone better. Now a young man had to make complete readjustments to his way of life. Quetzacoatl never allowed his job to get easier. Never allowed Pozou a semblance of a miracle in his life either...then again, he was always described as a malicious god. It was in his divine blood to punish those around him, deserving of it or otherwise.

Pozou wandered back to the campfire, finding Daisy and Yo so close it was almost intimate - no, it looked very intimate upon watching them further - and was surprised to find Daisy with a knife poised at Yo's arm. Much to his relief, however, it hadn't found itself embedded in the Dragonfolk's arm. Though, this was no doubt due to the figure standing a few metres from the group's campfire. He focused his eyes closer on the figure and blinked. He recognised the pair of sun-kissed wings on the woman's back, messy orange-tinted hair, and the same vibrant blues he spied one stormy evening.

"Aedzel?" Pozou implored, blinking at the Quetzola. He attempted to track the time that passed since the two were in each other's company, considering his little medical pilgrimage and his preoccupation as a pirate in that time. Anxiety and questions revolving around her sudden appearance here were trumped by a sudden elation. He dropped his rucksack and he hopped forward, his wings once against the air as he propelled from the other side of the campfire to in front of her, wrapping his wings around the young woman.

"It is you! I could recognise you even from the clouds!" Pozou laughed, pulling back from the hug to get a proper look at her face. "Where have you been all this time? You've had all of us back home worried sick!"

Last edited:
pirate?.pngpirate.jpg

Once they arrived at the lake, Jane wasted no time and quickly ran into the water. As she made her way into the water, she took her boots and scabbard off. “Eek! It’s cold!” She exclaimed, holding her arms in an attempt to warm herself up. “Told you.” Rose muttered, sitting down on the shore near Liam. The red-haired sister looked across the water and smiled a little. She felt the warm sun on her skin and closed her eyes as a light breeze pushed her hair into her face. She brushed the loose strands away from her face and a few ivory leaves fell into her lap. Picking the leaves up, she studied them. Wanting to learn more, she tore the leaves apart and watched as their glow dimmed. She furrowed her brow, trying to figure out how the leaves worked. Her attention was grabbed by a large splash in the water. Looking up, Rose saw Jane emerge from the water. Jane had gone completely underwater in an attempt to get used to the water but came up shivering

Jane looked over to Kuma and frowned. “How come you’re not cold?” She asked. “Oh, wait! Games! When Rose and I were younger we would play this game where we would see how long you can hold your breath under the water,” She said as she reached into her back pocket, “while sword-fighting!” She exclaimed, revealing a small knife. “We’re not playing that Jane. Play Grim Reaper or something.” Rose said, rolling her eyes. “Okay! Let’s play.” Jane said with a big smile on her face.

Rose got up with a sigh and took her boots off. She slowly made her way into the water, the low temperature making it harder. She got waist-deep and crossed her arms, deciding this was how far she was going. "Come on Liam!" Jane shouted.

EldridSmith EldridSmith Lost Echo Lost Echo

Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgNot noticing the other leaning back, of course Yo leaned closer. She was thinking it was herself, and not the other backing away. Unaware that Daisy was planning her death, asking the woman to stab her was kind of ironic.

Nodding curtly at Daisy's question, Yo buzzed in place, keeping her arm held out for her. She was dead serious about the request. She wanted to prove that she wasn't useless. She didn't want to seem useless in the midst of a fight, and showing off her magic could prove it. Not that the people she had been with at Whaleshale Port were even at the campfire, and Pozou and Kiel were suddenly no longer at the fire. It was just her and Daisy. Regardless, she wanted to prove her competency.

A dazzling smile crossed her features when the other woman agreed. She almost threw her own arm into the dagger in her excitement-

Suddenly, Yo was startled by the sudden outburst of a strange new person of whom she didn't recognize. Her drunken mind almost thought it was Pelea at first, but that thought was quickly proven false while looking at the feathering on the other woman.

A smile flashed across the Dragonfolk's face. If they were at the camp, that would mean they joined the mission, yes? Therefore, a new friend? A new friend for herself and Lorrin! Bounding up, she walked over to the woman, practically throwing herself at her just as Daisy was also speaking to the intruder, "I'm Yo! I don't know how you got lost from usss, and I don't recognize you, but that'sh fiiine." Noticing the misplaced feathers, Yo attempted to brush them into place, not realizing Daisy's stance on the matter.

After being satisfied with her "cuddle-session" with the Quetzola, or after she may or may not have gotten pushed away, however it happened, Yo sauntered back to Daisy, holding her arm out again. She hadn't forgotten where they left off, and in fact, moved her arm where Daisy's knife was, whether Yo looked goofy doing it or not. Her tongue stuck out and curled over her upper lip, to the side, in a moment of concentration.

Pozou had come back from the tent, though Kiel did not follow him. Yo noticed this, and wondered what happened, but figured maybe the desert dweller wanted to get some sleep. She was unaware of what they were actually doing in the tent and barely noticed they had left. She had been focused on Daisy at the time, after all.

Since it seemed Pozou was now entertaining the intruder, Yo focused her attention back to Daisy. A drunken Yo was having difficulty trying to entertain two people in different spots at once. She did hear that Pozou had already called the intruder by a name. A nickname is what Yo assumed. Maybe a word Quetzola speak to each other. Definitely not a name.

Last edited:

matilda-fiship-tacher.jpg

Aedzel Phriln

The woman who first noticed her had nothing but a menacing appearance amidst the light of the campfire. It only made Aedzel act the opposite of what her mind was thinking. How dare she think of me as hostile? I'm the epitome of a damsel in distress right now. Nevertheless, this woman in front of her didn't look like someone she wants to mess with. Especially when she herself had no sort of experience in combat, the human looked well enough to knock some stars into her.

"W-what happens to me?" She choked out blinking. She let down her bag and took out its contents. Thinking maybe it was a bad idea to have approached the group in the first place until the human stuttered. "Oh, I-I see. I'll wait then, may I sit close-"

"I'm Yo! I don't know how you got lost from usss, and I don't recognize you, but that'sh fiiine." The Quetzola blinked at the inebriated dragon folk. She could smell the alcohol coming from the horned-woman's breath, she did her best not to look displeased at it, especially when she was being hugged by the other woman. Even had the nerve to touch her beautiful feathers, the touch had made her flinch, unused to people touching her wings. She couldn't deny that it sent a shiver down her spine. "Um, a pleasure to meet you." She said unsurely. This group, from just the two people she had met, seemed like a disastrous one.

She watched Yo come back into the human's arms. She inched closer to the fire but stopped midway as she heard her name being called. She stiffened at the sight of her caller that flew her and enveloped her into a warm hug that she would have gladly melted into if not for the guilt and embarrassment that she felt.

"I'm sorry." She started shyly, trying to hide her face with her cascading hair. "Who are you?" She asked which was really just a farce. Despite her questioning face, it was all the opposite. He was Pozou, sweet, and kind Pozou that did nothing but help her when he found her crying one stormy night. She was too ashamed to face him, in all honesty, leaving without any sort of goodbye back then. She was an awful person, denying the kindness that was presented to her in search of something unattainable, mere hearsay. She felt bad giving them such worry when they were so welcoming. She regretted leaving.

She gave him a sad smile, "I really don't remember you." Her heart ached at lying to him. Pozou doesn't deserve to be lied at but what was she supposed to say? Sorry for leaving? She was a bit too prideful to say that.

mention: || interaction: Taigakitt Taigakitt Yo Fred Colon Fred Colon Daisy Arcanist Arcanist Pozou

• 39A75A23-65D9-4AFB-B793-D5D71171D294.png

Tags:
    Freya ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ) Amalia ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ) Ayana ( Jet Jet )
    ~ Riverside ~
    Caramelldansen Piano Arrangement || Helena's CS File

The rush of the river hit her ankles as she raised up the spear again. Amalia offered up her support guiding Helena through the theory behind spear fishing. She mimicked the armored woman’s stance and stabbed again, gaining another in her barrel. She may have brought an entire barrel but she doubted it would be full by nightfall. In fact even now she only had a half dozen even with the advice given to her. She made progress though from the near faceplanting she was doing earlier. With her trial getting easier she had more time to focus into what was happening around her.

The sun was setting, perhaps they should have left earlier. She hoped that Ayana would have better vision than her own under the light of the moonlight. The leaves shimmer would give no help knee deep in moving water. She let out a sigh as she heard Freya urge them to get as many as they could. She started to speak up without any rancor that the words might suggest.

“Perhaps they should have sent more than a twelfth of the Caravan to gather food. Planning strategy is good and all but it means little if we wind up not fed properly.”

Most of the hired hands seemed to favor more athletic pursuits, in fact she can think of very few that didn’t choose to hunt or find other than those injured previously. She knew a few went off to explore, something Roland had tried to convince her to join, but she had no intentions of wasting time that could be spent better. In the choice to fish she gain both food and information on her coworkers, both valued in gold.

“At least a fair deal of the crew with Richard seemed to know how to forage for edible foods. I do wonder how many potential valuable herbs they passed up just because they weren’t edible though.”

With a sigh she tossed another fish into the barrel. Eight she’d gotten eight so far. She was behind. They did spoil rather fast but scales and other parts were just as valuable as foodstuffs. While she was contemplating the potential uses she near missed the conversation they were having with Amalia.

Actually why did the woman never remove the armor. It was even more elusive than Roland’s own appearance. Perhaps… No she shouldn’t assume things. Nevertheless she was curious, those who had things to hide were dangerous beings indeed. Besides military huh? Well it was no hidden thing that she once was part of the inquisitions’ hired, in fact she still wore the regalia and sewn it’s symbol into Roland’s clothes.

“Military woman huh? I thought you might just be shy, seems I wasn’t so far off my mark. After all, my daughter Ro is usually the same way.”

She nodded empathetically. While the woman could be telling the truth, especially if she was badly scarred in service, she kept it in the back of her mind to watch out for Amalia. Still she turned to Ayana and continued to speak evenly even if the slightest doubt now clouded her thoughts.

“Typically people have good reasons for what hardships they wish to add to themselves, Ayana. No one wishes to endure through hardship purely for the sake of it.”

20200731_153539.jpg

Radameer was surprised when Jace answered from above. He even dashed back to create distance, as one could never be too careful here, in a place where dangerous beasts roamed — and lunar nymphs too. Radameer heard them every damned day, and he was completely sane. He knew the moon creatures were real. And when Jace spoke, Radameer thought the boy was one of them, for a moment anyway.

Once he looked close, he could see Jace was human and shouted "Whatina? What you doin up there young Jace boy? Get in the cabin I got somethin for ya!"

As Radameer rambled, the boy descended and went inside — the madman was close behind. His cabin was cluttered to perfection, and sod-bags added sweet smells as Jace mentioned long-leggers. The statement about 'escaping them' drew horse, amused laughter from the codger, and when Jace asked about work? Radameer had a few ideas.... or maybe a couple hundred.

Like campers narrating horror stories, dark enjoyment played across Radameer's face. He even laughed out a horse "Hehehehe" but there were no poor intentions. He loved messing with people but wouldn't ask anything dangerous or scary. He needed food for now and trout were everywhere during springtime, so his only request was "Fish! We need fish for our stocks. Some good river ones with them big fins and clean old silver scales! You always good with them fish Jace boy, and the river great this time a year!"

MythyDW MythyDW

Last edited:
Lorrin Yumi
978ab8akf5b01.jpg

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt EldridSmith EldridSmith

Watching stone focus on the area made Lorrin glad to have someone like him on this trip stone natural talent for hunting is going to prove rather useful for such a trip and with his help, they are sure to return to camp with a large amount of food for others. "Then let's focus our attention on that then if any more rabbits happen to cross our path just leave them to the kid." As said this he hears the movent of grass behind him than the sound of a bowstring. Looking over he sees Roland stabbing a now dead rabbit "It seems like your timing was a bit off I'm guessing you drew the arrow as soon as you saw it? Try having an arrow ready before you see anything this will minimize the time it takes to shot and even give you a more accurate shot. But overall like stone said killing in one arrow comes with time and to be fair for your first time it's impressive you manage to stop it before it got away normally we would have to track it. Overall great first time kill you'll get there." Mean on the more negative side of hunting Bjorn was wanting to kill some beast for game. "Bjorn, this isn't that kind of hunt can you please keep your eye out for things that can feed us instead of a trophy?"

The golem sighed in relief once the pair returned to solid earth. Did these mortals not realize the damage that could be done to them if they fell? Heights were a place of risk to Obsidian. Trees especially so. For one so high was beyond her reach to aid. Mt. Helka was different. Even as the air thinned, the ground beneath remained firm. Though she could feel the molten pool when she stretched deep beneath the surface, even that remained sedentary.

These ruins had weathered years, showing the true strength of stone. And they would last years longer. But she could feel the crevasses carved first by water then stretched as vines grew within. She likely could shore up the ruins if the stress caused it to crumble, but doubts rubbed at her.

A frown etched across her dark face as their guide spoke of untold riches. She was disappointed by Leone’s greed, but if it was already for profit, perhaps he knew what this was about more than she did. She had automatically assumed the woman was in need of help. Who would ask for it without need? Many times Obsidian had seen humans resist out of pride. But perhaps it was similar to Richard Wagner? But his was for protection...but likely also profit. The comparison discomforted her. Nonetheless, this girl, unlike the man and his daughter, seemed skilled. There were moments that, for all that, her movements reminded Obsidian of the over-eager elf, her eyes seemed to glint. It was likely the low light, and that her eyes were also similar to that of a cat’s. There were parts of mortals' expressions that were still foreign to her, even if her creators were adept at imitating emotions.

The well would aid them all, even if some could use it for profit. These riches, however, “What dangers shall we be facing?” She remembered Richard’s failure to warn the others of the possibility of the Inquisition. That would not happen once more.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic (Myyera?) Jet Jet (Myyera? Leone) OrWangatan OrWangatan (Pelea) The Regal Rper The Regal Rper (Vaal) Sarahspn Sarahspn (Gwen)

Last edited:
Pozou Artith
Mentions: Fred Colon Fred Colon (Daisy), Taigakitt Taigakitt (Yo) | Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Aedzel)

Porou 2.jpg
Pozou had waited for a joyful recognition to take hold in her expression. He had been so preoccupied with waiting to partake in a heartwrenching reunion with Aedzel that he hadn't noticed Yo stumble into the arms of one Daisy, completely unaware of how Yo's inebriation was spiralling. The longer Aedzel took to respond to him with the response he had been hopeful for, a sudden anxious began to seize to Quetzola.

And the anxiety only grew, with her response to him. He blinked, glancing at the fellow Quetzola with questionable look. Did she...not remember him? He found the notion strange. The two had known each other, though not obvious at this moment. From the moment he found her sobbing in the rain, cold and hungry, he had sought to help her as much as she could, even if it meant to the detriment of himself at the best of times. Was he and his deeds really that forgettable to her? Though, with the way she uncomfortably shifted around him, and wouldn't even look at him...was she...trying to avoid him?

No, no that couldn't be it! Aedzel kept insisting she just didn't know him, or didn't remember him. It sounded vaguely like a condition he knew...what was it again?

Where Pozou should have been offended, or perhaps very upset at Aedzel's reaction to him, his face seemed to light up in a realisation. He simply nodded, and he murmured, "Okay, okay, I think I know what the problem is..." He let go and he shifted back, rubbing his jaw for a moment, narrowing his eyes in thought. "You must be...an amnesiac!" He snapped his fingers, and grinned, though, if she was a so-called amnesiac, it was something that he should have been more worried about. "You must have lost your memories of me in some sort of trauma or accident!"

Freya Hamrammr

FreyaCrop.pngFreya watched Ayana cast her line, this time successfully into the river. Amused, Freya took to fishing upstream of the hook. The fish were becoming wise to her stationed spot anyhow. A thought crossed her mind, though she doubted it would work. On the next fish that swam by, Freya would attempt frightening it towards the hook, in the hopes that it would accidentally snag versus purposefully taking it. It was a shot, and possibly a lost fish, but maybe it would bolster Ayana's already large confidence.

At the elfling's question about their numbers, Freya counted mentally. There were a surprising number for the journey, and she was no longer entirely sure if numbers meant safety, but it is what it is at this point. The best thing to do now is make the best of it.

She glanced over at Helena on the mention of the numbers sent for food, "I'm thinking in the morning would be best for foraging. Fishing is one thing, and hunting with the catfolk is another... Discerning poisonous plants from helpful ones with dim lighting seems like not a good idea. I don't know much about herbs, but isn't it bad if a poisonous one accidentally got mixed in with the helpful ones?" Freya was honestly asking, as she had known Helena to be pretty knowledgeable with medicine.

To Amalia's fishing lesson, Freya snagged one, "At a point where my old eyes can't see fish swimming past me, I'd rather relocate to the lake so I can use a rod like Ayana there."

Hearing that Amalia was uncertain about her personal appearance that she felt the need to hide behind armor was saddening, and Freya hoped that one day Amalia would be comfortable enough, at least around them, to let herself relax. She smiled, "I'd like to know what you clean it with. It might be information I could use if it's any different from the methods I know."

By this point, Freya had snagged quite a few fish, having been putting them in the barrel with Helena's catches.

"Ah. Pozou. You know her?" Daisy said, taking a step back. "My apologies." She made a stiff, short bow.

Damn it, Daisy. You tried to do something socially acceptable by preventing outsiders from entering the in group and it back fired, naturally.
A pang of longing shot across her heart. She missed her brothers and sisters. They understood Daisy, understood she had a comfortable shell she liked to stay in, to protect her from informal social interactions, and didn't make her come out of it if she didn't want to.

The pain was only more acute thanks to the knowledge that if she ever did see them again, it would only be as twisted puppets she'd need to put to rest.

She was prevented from brooding, however, when Yo practically tossed her inebriated self at her. She reached for Daisy's knife, which Daisy instinctively snatched away from her, eyes wild. She blinked and remembered that Yo was drunk and likely not trying to rob her.

"Ah. Yes. The stabbing." Daisy said, "My apologies, Ms. Yo."

Daisy had agreed to do it. Stranger or no, Yo was still interested. So Daisy lifted her knife and looked at Yo to see if this was some sort of strange social trickery that Daisy didn't quite understand.

When she determined it wasnt, at least to the best of her admittedly limited ability, she brought her knife down on the fleshy part of Yo's arm, so even if this did hurt her, it would only slice bits of her that were structurally unescessary for the proper functioning of the arm.

As she did she wondered if this would put her in conflict with Pozou, who expressed a disinclination towards this course of action, and if the newcomer, also a Quetzola and so with, perhaps, similar social traditions, would feel similarly. Though perhaps not, if she had 'amnesia', of which Daisy was skeptical of. But she wasn't a doctor, familiar with the workings of a dead body, not a living one, and would not gainsay one.

Too late now, anyway. She'd already insulted one of his friends, apparently. It would be more logical to curry social favor with Yo, whom she had not yet offended.

Last edited:
Yo Saiwa

YoFC.jpgKnife went up, then knife went down. Golden globes followed the glint of the metal that bounced off from their unattended fire.

In all honesty, Yo wasn't capable of activating her personal magic that usually coated her in an invisible shield, and yet, the knife's blade felt more like a tickle, leaving only what looked like when a fingernail gently pokes at flesh, turning the area white and back to her skin color. The stone of her necklace had glowed red for a brief moment before fading back to its normal, non-glowing status.

Yo held her arm up and cheered, completely unaware that it wasn't her personal magic that stopped the piercing, "Lookit Daishee! Perfectly fiiine." She waved her other hand dismissively, "Pozshhuu and Kiel didn't need to worry. Silly gooshes."

At this point, Yo was no longer paying any attention behind her to the two Quetzolas. She more or less was happy to show that she can be helpful in future fights. Daisy would be able to vouch Yo's skill now!

450a9b546bc25237a27c38d219d2fbc6.jpg

Leóne was unsure what to think. Wondrous treasure could be underground, but rusted garbage and bones could be down there too. Delves gave no guarantees — other than constant danger of course. Traps and monsters were common when underground, and cave collapses were too. Then there were dangerous enchantments bestowed long ago... insidious ones that cursed entire generational trees to punish tomb raiders. Delves were a complete crapshoot.

Leóne wanted compensation to enter one when asked by a complete stranger, but maybe there were marvelous weapons and mountains of money he could loot? The reward outweighed danger, so he nodded when Myyrea mentioned 'finders keepers' and accepted her conditions with a shrugged "Fair enough" — but money wasn't the only reason he agreed.

Gwen was set on going underground, and Leóne would always watch her back. He cared about her more than words could say. When they traveled together on horseback, her grasp was as addicting as nights spent together, below pale dual moons and star covered skies. She made days vibrant, and the scoundrels were almost inseparable. There was no way he would watch her venture alone, without someone he trusted running the show.

For both reasons, Leóne went along through decayed ruins, watching treelines and rubble for movement as Vaal and Obsidian questioned Myyrea. Leóne wondered how much the stranger could be trusted, even though she came across as decent enough. Sure she was abnormal and hyperactive, but there was nothing about her that screamed hello I'm a bad person. That didn't mean he would ignore her actions. There would be no doubt's benefit given, as one could never be too careful.

Looking to pry for more information, Leóne looked between the others and added "Aye, I'm with Vaal and Obsidian. We should know about what dangers to expect and how much you've explored. Are there any monsters? Traps? Ancient curses that will turn grandchildren into frogs? I'm more worried about the last two to be honest, there's not much we can't handle in a brawl!"

He was more 'matter of fact' than arrogant when speaking about strength. The group was stronger than most, making most troubles a breezy cakewalk. He was far from concerned, and once a moment passed he looked to Gwen and spoke again, but quieter than before when he joked "This delve might be more exciting than what I expected. If I'm eaten by giant bats, speak well of me at the funeral."

Sarahspn Sarahspn BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Lost Echo Lost Echo The Regal Rper The Regal Rper OrWangatan OrWangatan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back