• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy We Are The Evil Nutty Cultists, I Guess

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
+++ We Are The Evil Nutty Cultists, I Guess +++

Let's skip the fancily-worded intro, I've written these interest checks so many times my fingers will snap if I have to do it again. Here's the deal:

This is a fantasy world, with a big F. High Fantasy. So high you don't even need an altitude measurer; so high you don't even need to smoke weed anymore because getting any higher isn't feasible under conventional physics. There's elves, orcs, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, fairies, midgets, fairy midgets, elven midget fairy gnome androids, and more. There's also magic aplenty, dragons to go, wizard towers, frabjous dungeons, and adventurer tax exemption laws to astound and bewilder!

But let's focus on the job.

You are the members - the special operatives, in fact - of the Esoteric Order of the Celestial Dragon, also known by those unenlightened as the Cult of the Dragon Below. In short, you're a nutty terrorist cult's elite task force. Whether you're in there because of devotion or because those student loans need to be paid off is up to you.

Your job is simple: There is a country named Sarafell, and underneath its capital of Trihexa slumbers an Ancient, one of the Primordial Children of the Celestial Dragon. Its name is Lykkenan, the Cavern that Devours Cities, and you, my terrorist buddies, are in charge of plotting and directing a total invasion of Trihexa and unsealing Lykkenan before the Seven Chosen Heroes can stop you.

Your background doesn't really matter. This cult hires anyone with a shred of competence, and if you want, infiltrating its ranks is perfectly acceptable. Alternatively, you can infiltrate the ranks of the enemies. Here are the major organizations to watch out for:

Knights of the Realm
Basically, a fancy city watch. Except these motherfuckers have authentic God-given superpowers and span the entire continent, making for a neat mixture of the Catholic Church and the Interpol. Theirs is the jurisdiction over vampires, werewolves, demons, and - you guessed it! - nutty terrorist cults that worship a sealed Primordial. The one in charge of the investigation into your actions - once they are noticed, anyway - is going to be High Paladin Harko, and he's a total badass. Ooh, watch out!

Mage's Guild
Basically, a fancy geek convention that refuses to leave town. These motherfuckers don't really care too much, aside from the fact that the Primordial is going to probably kill them if it's released. Infiltrate them, sway them via political assassination, or steal their shit. It's up to you. The Guildmaster of the Trihexan Lodge of Sorcerers is known as Archmaster Skrall Bellringer, and he should be rather easy to convince or replace.

Adventurer's Guild
Basically, a way for the government to deal with psychopaths who are too dangerous to threaten directly. Just give them dangerous work in hopes they'll kill themselves off chasing it. Lots of people from all walks of life: superhuman warriors, master assassins, and seasoned magi who need a quick buck for their research into forbidden magecraft. The Guildmaster of the Trihexa Adventurer's Guild is Sir Colton Robshaw, because we're British all of a sudden.

Kingdom of Sarafell
The place that's going to burn to ash by the time your work is done. The poor, corrupt excuse of a government, with a tyrant known as Ibicus Alanorr Sarafell IV in charge of it. Unfortunately, targeting him for an assassination remains impractical because to break through the castle wards, you'll need to invest so much time and money you might as well create an artificial island and fund your own nation on it, with money and hookers, and it'd be easier. Fortunately, the Primordial is going to take care of this specific issue on its own.

Seven Chosen Heroes
In all likelihood, the only actual threat on this list.

Each of the Seven Heroes has been marked by their own Auspice - a deity of great and awesome power - and tasked with protecting the realm. Protecting it from what? Why, you of course! Not you specifically, naturally, but nutty cults, evil liches, and assassination plots occur in frightening abundance across the world and the Seven are basically the Auspices' check and mate on all of that.

A single Hero isn't really fightable unless you take them on as a group, and if you fuck up sufficiently that all Seven converge in the city, you'd better wish you have a distraction, a staggering quantity of children to take as hostages, or a Plan B because otherwise, you're kind of fucked.

One of them is probably from another world.

---

Why am I doing this to myself? Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Noble Scion Noble Scion LostHaven LostHaven Epiphany Epiphany Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei June Verles June Verles Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Reinhardt Reinhardt Swire Swire

This seems like something where things are going to crash and burn very quickly...

Oh wait... that's what they are trying to accomplish. Touche!

Hmmm. Yes very interesting. I personally love the fact we aren't the "good guys" but also not "bad but good" guys.

I have some spare time, wouldn’t mind being apart of some radical terrorist organisation

Can I play a totem barbarian druid of the moon?
Yes.

This seems like something where things are going to crash and burn very quickly...

Oh wait... that's what they are trying to accomplish. Touche!
Exactly. There's no way this can go wrong, since even if it goes wrong, that means it went perfectly right!

I have some spare time, wouldn’t mind being apart of some radical terrorist organisation
I like that way of thinking.

I love terrorism! (for legal reasons that's a joke). Is this still open?

Oh dude, this campaign looks pretty cool. Can I bring in my custom class?

I call it "The Fleshcrafter", but i'm willing to change if we've got a fullcaster already.

I have applied with a mage but he is very niche and focuses more on toxicology than magic

tis be a joketh joke my freundin, pertaining to classical roleplaying games such as the D&D.

But I do plan on playing a bit of a "Frankenstein" character, one who makes life with materials, or at least a semblance of it. I'm sure a more conventional mage would still stand out.

I will be tagging along merely to meme this to hell, because everyone can enjoy a purposeful train wreck :coolshades:

Why am I doing this to myself? Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Every night, I can feel my leg... And my arm... even my fingers... The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!

count me in, comrade

This seems interesting, is there any room for a Echo Knight Fighter in the team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back