• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Isekai-Shokudou-ep1-Aletta-waitress-stitch.jpg
After what felt like days weeks even from Emily's point of view, the crowd of people had finally made there way out of the dinner and back into the late afternoon of festivities. Picking up the mess that had been left behind by all the customers Emily glanced up at a bord that had the store hours written up on it and sees that do to the festival the cafe would be closing early today. She breathed in a sigh of relief, she wasn't sure how much longer she can handle having to talk to all those strangers.

"Ah um Mr Noah it appears our boss has written for us to close early and forgot to leave a note for us too see, um we should probably get closed now." She says walking over too Noah and looks over too see lumina. "Oh I I'm so sorry i d didn't mean to interrupt your conversation p please forgive me."

Lumina Lumina L Libero

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://i.imgur.com/wEBk7IC.png') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #e6c3a7; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://i1.wp.com/nappyplum.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastel-yellow-color-wallpaper-3.gif') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:400px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-bottom: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-top: 3px solid #7c9d80; border-right: 3px solid #7c9d80; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:385px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#9e8b66; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]
[div class=picbox][div class=locbox]Location:
Violet Meadows Cafe
Tags: Lumina Lumina [/div][div class=name]NOAH BELL[/div]

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Noah rested his chin on his hands and happily talked to Lumina. He enjoyed the time he was spending with her. It wasn't everyday that Noah could have a conversation like this. Usually, he was either cooking in the kitchen in his free time or working hard for many hours at his job. This was a nice and relaxing moment for Noah. He watched Lumina scarf down her wrap in an instant. Wow...I've never seen anyone eat so fast..she probably just made a new world record, Noah thought to himself. I hope she doesn't cho-. Suddenly, Noah was startled by the sounds of coughing. Lumina must've ate too fast. Confused and surprised, Noah stood up and walked over beside her but by the time he reached her her coughing already subsided. "Ah Lumina! Don't give me a hard attack like that!", Noah said while letting out a sigh of relief. Noah opened his mouth to ask if she was fine but was stopped short by Lumina's comment about the cheesecake. Deciding to leave it at that, Noah looked at her glass of water and it was empty. Odd, it was just minutes ago that it was full. Lumina must've drank it all without him noticing. "I'll grab another glass of water for you", Noah told her as he filled a glass of water from behind the counter. Noah placed the cup of water on the table and sat back down.

Lumina went back to her normal self not too long after. She ate the cheesecake and squealed in delight which made Noah glad. Given the suggestion to close early since other business usually do so on festivals, Noah slouched a bit and said: "I wish I could. It's all up to the owner of the cafe. So far I haven't been told about closing early", with a slightly disappointed tone. His mood was quickly lifted up again after hearing that Lumina was going to be at the dance performing with her band. Now Noah had to attend the dance. "Wouldn't miss it for the world", Noah said with a smile. Luckily, the dance was after the closing hours of the cafe but he would still miss out on other events and market stalls.

It was at this time when Emily came and informed him that the owner forgot to leave a note allowing them to close early and they should wrap up now. Noah's eyes widened and sparkled with excitement and happiness. Noah stood up and put his hands on Emily's shoulders and said "Emily...you're an angel", while trying his best to hold in his tears of joy. "And don't worry about it, you weren't interrupting. Well now that we can close early, let's begin packing up", Noah said to Emily.

Noah turned back to Lumina and said "If you have some free time after this, would you like to join me in exploring the festival? Ah, you don't have to though", Noah said while waving his hands as he didn't want to force her
[/div][/div]

• Amelia Krauss •

a3305cef-9534-4dd1-b282-0f86fdab6ce8-jpeg.611963
Amelia had glanced back at the cute little pies Max was leaving on the glass table, looking over it each of them with her hand gently pressed to the side of her face, she shifted her gaze towards Max when he mentioned the discount with interest. Despite being a healthcare professional, her sweet tooth was notorious, she knew she could never do Max's job because she'd just eat what she made. With that thought in mind she decided to exercise some self-control and the silence as she looked at the treats made it blatantly obvious that she was fighting the idea of buying all of the flavours "They all look so good, but I think I'll take the Strawberry one" she said with a smile as she lowered her hand.

As Oliver answered the man that had made his way over she couldn't help but smile a little but, even with this odd man he had never met was asking questions Oliver was still trying his best to help him out. When the man had asked even more questions though, Amelia turned her attention to him again. She watched him with a curious gaze, she didn't exactly have the answers to these questions either. This was her first flower festival after all but even if she had been many times before, she found the questions...odd? Her brows furrowed ever so slightly "...Are you some kind of market research person?" She asked eventually, those around her seemed to be puzzled too, so this probably wasn't a normal thing. Surely if he was asking questions then they could ask some back? Otherwise this all seemed a little shady to her.

Kabochamp Kabochamp Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre screaming armadillo screaming armadillo GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

• Samuel Krauss •

7f2f371f-e9ca-4322-a293-5f998a1276a8-jpeg.615169
Samuel's stall didnt have the same kind of tasty treats that Max's had bit it definitely had some of the ingredients one to make some treats themselves along with things like honey and wools. He would have included some of the items he had made with the wool but he wasn't fully confident in how well he could create things like accessories and decided to stick to strictly farm stuff for now.

While finishing placing a few things he had spotted a familiar face sitting at the bench right next to his stall Wisteria. She seemed to be pretty lost in her drawings. Walking around the stall he took a step over to her, his stall was quiet at the moment anyway and he was still able to keep an eye on his stall. "Misty! You dont have a stall this year?" He asked curiously as he tilted his head "I'm sure people would have been going crazy for your stuff." He added looking around to see if he could spot a possible stall.

He instead spotted the young tailor on her way to his stall he offered a relaxed looking smile and a wave as she arrived, not stepping away from Wisteria since she was right next to his stall anyway "Morning~" He greeted from where he stood.

Gunnhildr Gunnhildr Silver Fae Silver Fae

Wisteria shifted her attention to the young man, startled. Oh... hello Samuel. The young lady murmured, closing her sketchbook and setting it aside. I...I'm afraid I don't have a stall this year... I decided that I just wanted to browse. Besides, I'd rather just sit here and sketch... I heard there's going to be a dance tonight, are you excited for it? The young lady steadily began to open up as she chatted, positively beaming by now.

OgpgDaB.png

tumblr_nwleyp8zgC1stirm3o5_500.gif
Amidst all that was happening, Lumina did notice just how relaxed Noah looked. Being a working woman herself who didn’t really have much time off (at least, not much that she allowed herself), she knew just how tiring it could be working all the time. And she could only guess just how many hours Noah probably worked, since he was the only chef in the cafe and this place was packed more often than not, so that meant he was probably here quite a lot. Thinking about that reminded her of those days when she would be asked to complete big projects one after the other, working tireless hours to do her job. Though she couldn’t assume everything about their situations were the same - Lumina knew better than most that people had struggles that couldn’t be easily seen by others. She gave him a sheepish grin after chastising her about scaring him. “Sorry, sorry, it won’t happen again!” She apologized, knowing full well she wouldn’t be able to do that for certain. Lumina noticed that Noah had seemed to slump at her previous suggestion of closing early. According to him, whether or not they could pack up before the normal closing time was up to the owner, and he hadn’t been told anything about that. Huh, she didn’t exactly remember seeing any owner around. Though to be fair, she wasn’t at the cafe all that often anyways.

“I’ll be looking forward to seeing you at the dance, then!” Lumina added at his comment that he wouldn’t miss her performance to the world. Knowing that somebody was going to actually be there and especially pay attention to her music made her really quite happy. Of course people were going to go to the dance, but she knew she was just an accessory to the main event, which was the dance itself. That was what most people that attended the festival would really care about, in the end. Being able to dance closely with someone was definitely an appealing concept to a lot of people here. This valley could definitely be considered a cozy place to fall in love, for sure. Knowing that, a lot of people looked forward to festivals, because a lot of them offered chances to become closer to someone they were interested in. Lumina never really considered love to be an option for her. It wasn’t that she hadn’t had feelings for others before or that she was against falling in love, but knowing herself and her condition, it was more that she didn’t think that love would ever find her.

Lumina took this moment to take another few bites of her cheesecake, bringing it close to being finished. It was then that the waitress who had been attending to the customers in front of her came over to inform Noah that the owner wanted them to close up early after all. She couldn't help but smile a bit as she watched Noah and his reaction to that statement. Well, that was great! He'd be able to see the festival after all. Maybe Noah and Emily would go around together. Lumina assumed that much at least, figuring they probably had a good relationship due to being coworkers and all. Especially with how they seemed to interact with each other. Looking at her, she couldn't help but silently compare her own looks to Emily's. She was pretty, though she couldn't help but think that the cafe uniform was hiding it for the most part. "Right, you weren't interrupting anything. I was just finishing up anyways." Lumina gave a small smile to Emily, making sure not to be rude to the staff member. On that note, she popped the last of her dessert into her mouth, grabbing her wallet from the bag she brought in with her. Noah caught her off guard by asking if she wanted to join him in exploring the festival. Lumina paused at that, looking up at him with a genuinely surprised expression. That wasn't something she expected him to say, though they had only just met so she couldn't expect to know anything he might say. Realizing she was probably just staring at him, Lumina changed her expression to a smiling one. "Of course, I'd love to join you!" she declared, accepting his invitation. Knowing that they needed to clean up the cafe soon, Lumina set the required money down needed to pay for her meal and grabbed her bag and her violin case. "In the meantime, I'll get out of your guys' hair so you can close the cafe." She looked between both Noah and Emily before looking back at the chef once more. "Well then, I'll be waiting for you outside. Don't keep me waiting too long!" she joked as she made her way outside the cafe. Once there, she found a spot to lean against the wall while she waited for her new friend to come out as well. A content smile found it's way on to her face as she looked out at the festival with a new excitement.

Extra Info

Date: Spring 6 - Flower Festival

Weather: Sunny

Mood:
Happy, excited

Talking with & making plans with Noah

Objective:
Enjoy the festival

Interacting with: Noah Bell, Emily

Last edited:
Emily was already slightly panicked even before Noah grabbed her shoulders but now it really shows. "Epp! M m mr Noah p please personal space." She quickly backs away from him and blushes "please I I'm undeserving of being called an angel I look nothing like one I'm not even that pretty. Well um I'm sorry regardless for interrupting I'll go get the dishes done." She looks over at lumina and gives a quick bow "ah um g good day!" She quickly runs off and starts finish up the cleaning.
L Libero Lumina Lumina

Ren and Emilia Westerly
Mentions/Interactions: Pik Pik Lumina Lumina L Libero

Ren and Emilia sat at their booth eating in peace and quiet. Well at least Ren was, Emilia however decided to eavesdrop on ever conversation and was happy to comment on it to Ren. It seems, far as what Emilia heard, there is supposed to be a dance later today, and everyone is supposed to be there.

"We should go to that dance! It could be fun! And you might find someone else to hang out with then me."
Emilia had to practically climb over the table to do a wink and nudge maneuver on Ren. However she came dangerously close to spilling her food and drink so she stopped.
This is more to show a more detailed face.
28d5154443cc8eeee2fc6278e42772cd.jpg
"Emilia, I'm not going to look for a girlfriend just so that you can prank them to death. Besides I'm not sure how that will work out with me working nights now."
"Why you always gotta ruin my fun."
c6d0a53be242a3b855278a97686fe48a.jpg

"Because your fun is my trouble. Anyways I think it's high time we go, from the looks of it, cafe's closing."
Emilia started to quickly scarf down her food as she got ready to go, while Ren got out his wallet to go pay. He noticed the chef Noah was talking to some lady, with what looks to be an instrument case. A guitar? No too small and the top was way too thin... a violin? Guess he was the only music creator in this small town. Anyways Ren paid for the food and as the chef returned and his friend left, Emilia ran up to him and clapped her hands together.

"Thank you for the Food! It was really delicious!"
Ren did the same thing.
"Thank you for the Food!"

They both left the cafe, and Ren looked at the town. He scratched his head as he tried to figure out where to go to now.
"Hmmm... I know that there is a festival, but I wish I got a pamphlet to know where is where. Hurts to just move in without knowing much huh."

Ren had no idea that Lumina was on the wall behind him, while Emilia walked up to her and pointed to him mouthing "He needs help." And playfully winked at her.

OgpgDaB.png

your-lie-in-april-iphone-wallpaper.gif

Lumina leaned against the wall of the cafe, looking out at the festival. The village wasn't the biggest by any means, but today it just felt so full of life. Festivals really seemed to bring out the best in people. As she looked out at the village, she noticed a few different groups of people. One group was surrounding the bakery stall - it looked like Max, Amelia, a small boy named Oliver, and a stranger that she had never seen before. Lumina wondered who he was. It didn't really matter all that much to her. They seemed to be pretty lively, all having a good time together surrounded by sweets. Well, when it came to sweets, how could you not have a good time? Lumina did have a sweet tooth, especially when it came to oranges and other orange flavored desserts, so she knew all too well how inticing it could be to see freshly baked treats out for sale. And during a festival too? That was especially the time to treat yourself to something you normally wouldn't. And from what she could see, it looked like things were going pretty well for Max and his stall. The other group of people was near Samuel's stall - Wisteria, Cordelia, and Samuel himself. Lumina couldn't help but wonder what products he'd have to sell this year. Samuel was a talented rancher who she never saw without at least two or so adornments of bandaids on him. Regardless of that, she couldn't deny the quality of what he and his livestock produced. She was more than familiar with having to be covered in bandages at times, though in her case it would be to the chagrin of Dr. Rhys and not herself. Looking over this group of people, she remembered that Wisteria normally had a stall during the festivals. Usually she was out there selling her fruits and flowers grown in her orchards. Her favorites were the oranges that Wisteria usually had to sell, though they probably weren't in season yet. That was a shame to see, though she probably had her own reasons for not having a stall. Lumina could say the same thing about herself - she might have set up a stall if she hadn't volunteered to perform the music during the dance. Elsewhere in the village, the blacksmith assumed other people were enjoying the festival just as much as everyone here was, and the thought of Kore Village thriving in such a way made her quite happy.

As Lumina stood there partly lost in thought, the two patrons that had entered the cafe before her exited the building without her really noticing. She didn't notice anything until she felt a small tap on her arm, snapping her back into reality. She blinked for a moment to regain her thoughts as she looked down to see the younger of the two, a girl with dark hair and mischievous eyes looking up at her. She seemed to be mouthing something at her (and winking?) while pointing at the older man that had been accompanying her. From what she could tell from this girl, it seemed he needed help. And Lumina wasn't one to leave someone in need of help. She placed down her bag against the cafe wall, now only carrying her violin case as she made her way over to the black and red haired stranger. "Hi there!" she announced as she approached him, wanting to make her presence known so she didn't spook him. "I heard you were in need of some help? I haven't seen your face around here before. Are you and that young girl new to town?" Lumina smiled while giving a small gesture toward Emilia.

Extra Info

Date: Spring 6 - Flower Festival

Weather: Sunny

Mood:
Happy

Help out Ren

Objective:
Enjoy the festival

Interacting with: Emilia, Ren

Doctor Rhys W. Wright

Rhys intended to go to the cafe. He really did. But, like a kid in a candy store, his curiosity got the better of him. For a while, he ended up gazing, stall to stall, just amazed at the work that goes into them. Suddenly, as he checked the time and became aware of his aimless wandering, Rhys realized that he really had to eat. A doctor with a growling stomach wouldn't exactly give a professional impression, after all. And, as his dad always said, "Impressions are everything, so make every impression the best one!" Rhys could almost hear him, lecturing on about how to dress to impress while his younger self would listen like he was hypnotized. In a way, he sorta was. He really missed his father, didn't he? Rhys hoped Pops wasn't missing him too much since he moved out. Nah... Rhys slid a smirk as he realized his old man was probably doing just fine without him. Probably better now that the gentleman wannabe of the family was out of the house, he jokingly thought.

In the distance, the cafe finally came into view. Rhys spotted Lumina, Ren, and Emilia having a conversation outside. Although, Rhys's gaze was redirected to the windows of the building, and it seemed they were cleaning up inside. By the looks of it, they were probably closing up shop. Darn it. Curse his distractedness. Perhaps he could grab up a snack or two from Max's stall and it would hold him over until later. But, he continued to approach the cafe, anyways. it'd be nice to chat for a moment and see how this group felt about the flower festival so far.

Mood: Distracted

Tags: Lumina Lumina Archdemon Archdemon
download20190505131701-png.582256
code by @Goldieloxx

“Oh sorry Oli I forgot the fork. Hold on a bit.” The baker’s quick apology might not makeup for pulling back the cake from the young boy. Any thought of just handing over the plate then the fork never crossed his mind. As he poked a fork into the rich goodness Amelia had decided on her choice of treat after heavy consideration. Max was a little amused at her restraint and it showed in the knowing smirk that was drawn out from her silent contemplation. “One strawberry it is.” Maxwell quickly began scooping the unwanted treats off the plate in a series of deft movements. “Buuuut,” a fun natured drawl, “the deal still stands as long as supplies last. That’ll be ten shiny coins by the by.”

As for the mystery man whom Maxwell had not been too occupied to give much more than infrequent glances. The next questions asked by this slim figure would be suspicious if they weren’t so harmless. Frankly Max was at a near loss trying to deduce just what the hell is going on but Amelia finally asked one of the questions was on his mind. Sensing that the no-nonsense professionalism of this man was expecting some sort of answer Max gave one as best he could, “This is a town festival to celebrate Spring more or less. Unfortunately that’s about the only question I can give without some guesswork.” The baker gave a weak shrug before returning the neglected cake slice to Oliver.

Nona Nona GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Kabochamp Kabochamp

[class=name] font-size: 36px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 4px; color: #a1ff8e; opacity: 0.7; width: 280px; margin:auto; margin-left:-10px; margin-top:-20px; text-shadow: 2px 0 0 #7c9d80; [/class] [class name=picbox] margin:auto; margin-top:20px; background: #e6c3a7 url('https://i.imgur.com/wEBk7IC.png') no-repeat center center; background-size:200px; width: 200px; height: 200px; border-radius: 250px; border: 3px solid #e6c3a7; transition-duration: 1s; [/class] [class name=picbox state=hover] border-radius:20px; [/class] [class=locbox] transition-delay:.2s; background: grey; Height: 180px; text-align:center; Width: 180px; border: 1px solid black; margin-top:40px; margin:auto; padding-top:10px; color: Ivory; transition-duration: 1s; opacity:0; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; border-radius:20px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] opacity:0.8; [/class] [class=hidescrollcontent] background: grey url('https://i1.wp.com/nappyplum.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastel-yellow-color-wallpaper-3.gif') repeat; margin-top: -30px; height:400px; width:250px; Font-size:11px; overflow-x:hidden; margin:auto; padding: 25px; border-radius:20px; border-left: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-bottom: 3px solid #e6c3a7; border-top: 3px solid #7c9d80; border-right: 3px solid #7c9d80; [/class] [class=contentbox] height:385px; width:257px; padding: 5px; color:#9e8b66; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:11px; overflow-y:scroll; text-align:justify; [/class]
[div class=picbox][div class=locbox]Location:
Violet Meadows Cafe
Tags: Lumina Lumina
Pik Pik
Archdemon Archdemon
AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat [/div][div class=name]NOAH BELL[/div]

[/div]
[div class=hidescrollcontent][div class=contentbox]Seeing Emily get startled made Noah himself startled for some odd reason. Seeing her flinch and step back made him think to himself how fragile Emily was. However, Noah bowed down and apologized to Emily for invading her space. "Sorry Emily! I should've known better. It won't happen again!", Noah said sincerely. He straightened up and then continued to say to Emily, "Oh please, don' be so harsh on yourself. You're already pretty enough to surpass an angel!", Noah finished with a thumbs up and bright smile in hopes of lifting up Emiliy's self esteem. After their brief little conversation, Emily said she would wash the dishes and ran off to the kitchen. "Ah Emily! It's fine, I can...wash the dishes...", Noah called out to her but by the time he finished his sentence, Emily was already gone. "I think I scared her away", said Noah with a sigh.

Seeing that Lumina would be waiting outside, Noah gave her a thumbs up and replied with "Sorry for this, I'll be done soon", and immediately got back to cleaning the kitchen as soon as heard the bell on top of the entrance rang. With that, Noah began by cleaning the tables. He got a wet towel and started wiping the tables clean until there wasn't a speck of dust or food on them. It took him a while considering the amount of tables in the cafe. Without stop, Noah then grabbed a wet mop and bucket and mopped the floors as quickly as possible while still caring about quality. After several minutes, Noah was finally done with the cafe's seating area. He let out an exhausted and wiped his forehead with the sleeve of his shirt. I wonder if Emily's finished...I'll check on her, Noah thought to himself as he made his way to the kitchen.

Noah was surprised to see that Emily already finished the washing the dishes. Although dish washing may seem like such a simple task, it was much harder than it looked if taken the time to wash them. Noah was fascinated by how clean and spotless the dishes were and praised Emily. "Woah! I've never seen plates these clean in my whole career", Noah said as he could see his own reflection off the white plates. "I envy you, Emily!", Noah finished saying as he set down the plate. Noah then began putting away all the ingredients that he used during the cafe's busy hours. Flour, strawberry, and the likes were scattered around the counter. Noah began humming while carefully putting the ingredients away. He didn't want to spill them and make more work for himself and Emily. More work and time here would mean less time to spend at the festival. Speaking of the festival, Noah shot up and said to Emily, "Hey Emily, why don't you join us in exploring the festival. The more the merrier, right?" Noah asked while closing a cabinet door.

After cleaning the place, all that was left was to check the inventory and make sure that they had enough ingredients for the next day. Noah took hold of a pen and a chart and said to Emily, "Feel free to get going if you'd like. I need to stay here a bit longer and check on our inventory", with a smile. Noah didn't want to make Emily stay any longer as he knew she must've either been tired or itching to visit the festival just like himself. Noah began walking around the storage rooms and checking their inventory, making notes of ingredients that were low in stock.

Finally finishing with the inventory, Noah stretched his back and let out a small yawn. His eyes were starting to close but Noah slapped his cheeks with both hands in hopes of keeping himself awake at the cost of red hand prints on each cheek. I need to stay awake to explore the festival and see Lumina perform, Noah said to himself in his head. Noah quickly put his cooking utensils in his carry case as usual and changed into more casual clothes. He wore dark blue jeans, a white dress shirt, a black jacket on top of it and brown dress boots. "Alright! I'm done!", Noah said enthusiastically to himself.

Noah walked out of the kitchen after making one final check and locked the doors. He lost track of time and couldn't tell how much time he spent cleaning and made Lumina wait. He opened the entrance to the cafe's door and peaked his head out only to be surprised. His eyes were filled with multiple people. He fully stepped out of the cafe and locked the door while flipping the OPEN sign over to show the words CLOSED. Noah felt as he walked into the middle of a conversation and politely gave a bow and said "I hope I'm not interrupting anything", while smiling awkwardly.
[/div][/div]

Darius
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae Nona Nona

Darius had never felt such a mix of excitement and anxiety as he did now. He had just hung a colorful string of flowers from a rooftop, and was climbing down from his ladder to continue his duties. So far, he'd been busy at work decorating the festival with floral enhancements. His bouquets hung from streetlights, pretty posters with painted posies were stuck on walls, and of course, a beautiful assortment of pastel colored pots here and there with tall, exotic plants with equally vivid leaves. He sighed. Maybe now he'd be satisfied enough to relax and enjoy the festival. But, a part of him knew that this had been half the fun, figuring out how to brighten up the town with nature's gifts.

He looked around at the people at the festival, looking for a familiar face, when he notices Wisteria by Samuel's stall. He's a bit nervous about interrupting, seeing as she seemed to be talking with Samuel, but he forced himself to approach anyway. Caleb had always told him he needed to be more social and outgoing. What better opportunity than at an event like this?

"H-hi, Misty! How are you enjoying the festival?" he asked.

Misty turned her head to look at the young man, smiling warmly. Hello to you too, Darius... and I am enjoying myself quite a lot... what about you? The young woman tapped the end of her pencil upon the cover of her sketchbook, a habit of hers. Are you looking forward to the dance later on? Wisteria, herself, was terribly excited. She found dancing to be a fun pass-time, and thought herself good enough to, well, not make a complete fool out of herself.

Darius
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae

Darius's gold eyes brightened joyfully. "Yeah! I'm really excited about it. I've been waiting all year for today to come back around. This has to be my favorite event of the year, if only because of the main focus being my favorite topic." He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed by his own eagerness. "As for the dance, I can't wait for that either. I've been told I'm a pretty good dancer! If a bit of a show-off... I could save a dance for you, if you want! I will warn you though, I'm a twirler."

The young lady laughed softly, I don't mind a good bit of twirling... I'll look forward to that dance, then. She leaned back, relaxing into the conversation both physically and mentally. What all have you tried out at the festival so far..? Do you have a stall?

scientist_by_clock_dream_daqmifp-pre.jpegDr. Troy
Interaction: screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Kabochamp Kabochamp Nona Nona Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre
Dr. Troy continued to scrawl on his notepad despite the dismal response to his questions, face unchanging until the girl guessed at who he was. At that, Troy paused in his writing and raised an eyebrow at her. He stared down silently at her before his gaze went back to his notepad, "You're technically correct." was his only response as he continued writing.

The best answer he'd gotten so far was from the baker himself, and even then it wasn't exactly the most enlightening. He wasn't expecting much anyway, these people weren't record-keepers nor were they secretaries. It wasn't like he was asking them to pilfer town hall for data or anything, he was just trying to-

Suddenly his hand stopped writing and his eyes immediately glanced to the side, watching someone appear from behind a building. He gave a low hum as that particular person immediately singled him out and began stomping over. Dr. Troy carefully lowered his pen and slipped it into a holster on his clipboard, calmly lowering it before looking back at his approaching partner.

"You..." Dr. Stockwell quite literally hissed at him as she came to a stop "You were supposed to be done already."

"A few complications, I'm afraid." he raised his clipboard and looked over his notes with his neutral expression unwavering under the aura of killing intent radiating off of the short woman "Our arrival corresponds to a Spring Festival, which has left Local Governance less than stellar."

"Excuses! You should've been tearing this place apart to find the Mayor." Dr. Stockwell jabbed him before scoffing "I waited twelve minutes past schedule for you, do you know what I could've done in those twelve minutes?"

"You're going to tell me anyway so-"

"A lot!" She stated, "I could've done a lot! And what do I find you doing instead of anything productive?!?"

"Trying to find the mayor at the moment is counterproductive, it would be better to wait for after the festival when all is settled."
Dr. Troy explained before nodding to the group around Max's stall "Might as well get some data while waiting, correct?"

Dr. Stockwell clenched her hands into fists several times before throwing her hands up into the air and stomping away "I'm not doing this now, Stringbean. But when we've got time later you better know that I'm going to lay into you for this!"

Dr. Troy merely gave a small hum as his partner stalked off, carefully retrieving his pen and readying it once more as he turned back to the locals "Now then, I was next going to ask about crop harvests during spring times."

ee3d31b8674b6e9d7be89d9a64f0222b.pngDr. Stockwell
Interaction: Nona Nona Silver Fae Silver Fae jadafun jadafun
Dr. Stockwell stomped away from Max's stall, her eyes darting from booth to booth.

"Hey there!" called some kid sitting on a table piled with what looked like junk as she passed by, "You got the monies, Billie T got the-!"

"No soliciting, kid." Stockwell barked before turning and continuing her walk. Well, it was less of a walk and more of infuriated marching. She was running her fingers into her hair before pulling them out and taking a deep breath as she came to a stop. Her eyes then sought out the nearest stall they could and just so happened to land on one in particular. The owner seemed to be conversing with two other locals, who themselves were involved in their own little conversation. Perfect.

"Hey!" Dr. Stockwell called towards Samuel as she approached the stall, careful not to get in the way of the other two locals lest she have to put up with them "Where... can a girl... get some coffee?"

She asked slowly, stifling a number of groans attempting to rise up, her mind continuously going back to that long-necked idiot and his disregard for their schedule. Even while waiting for the stall owner's response, Dr. Stockwell had to place her hands on the table to keep them from balling into fists again.

Oliver Taurez
Chef.png

While he was on standby. Oliver's attention diverted back to Max as he called to him again. To his attention he was caught off guard by Maxwell's next move. He offered him a slice of the carrot cake that he has been secretly been eyeing on. Was he spotted? This was the same cake too. His eyes widened in surprise as he kindly accepts the gift.

"Thank you Mr. Max! Grandmama will love it!" Said the boy in a brown chef's uniform. He gladly accepted the cake with a huge smile on his face. At least for a few seconds before shifting into a frown.

"But... I don't enough to pay for it." He had a low and sincere tone of voice as it comes to a realization that he must follow the laws of trading. As far as he remembers he's short on cash as he only has three gold coins. Barely enough to pay for the cake slice. Before he gets to hear an answer the boy's attention was diverted again to the man in a lab coat, he wanted answer his long question.

The jolly little boy was more than happy than happy to answer the man in the white coat. Respecting his uniform, he was always disciplined to answer to his superiors. Especially when they are professionals. Without further hesitation the boy approached them man with friendly smile. His little leather boots thuds across the clean ground towards the man.

"Good Morning, Sr.! Welcome to our Village festival!" The boy happily greets them with a smile on his face and an accent of a Spanish descent.

"The Spring Flower Festival!"
With his arms both raised in the air openly as he announces the Festival's name.

"Every year, we celebrate and gather here in the village square to celebrate Spring!" The boy began to edge closer to the man and began circling him moments later. His right arm pointing to the stalls, decorations, people. Everything under the Square's area. He left no visual detail unexplained.

"Spring brings us so much things every year! Nice weather! Healthy and strong Animals! Beautiful crops and flowers! Oh! Where to start!?" The boy continued as he explained further. He pointed to the wild squirrels running about, gathering and tossing fallen leaves and flower petals off the ground creating a confetti effect around the man.

"That is why we love Spring! And that's why we are celebrating it! So every year everyone gathers here to show what gifts they got from Spring! That's why everyone is here! What do we do here you ask? Well... Lot's of things! We play games, talk to our friends, eat some of the cool treats the stalls have and oh! Oh! There is also going to be a Festival Dance! After it's all for the goddess of Spring Harvest!" The boy kept going and going as if everything he is saying is motorized and automated to keep going. The boy appears to be very spontaneous of his current performance on the man when it comes to talking to him. It takes a script or atleast training to walk and talk around the man.

"You should try some of the stalls we have here! We've got food! Like Mr. Max's bread and cakes, right there! Say hello Mr. Max!" Out of nowhere. Oliver shed some spotlight exposure to Maxwell's stand without telling him first.

"*Giggles* His treats are the best." The boy said softly to the man in white as he leaned towards him. After doing so he proceeds to go further.

"Today is a great day to celebrate. You should join us, sir! Everyone here is friendly! Say hi everyone! It's okay if you are busy. Feel free to drop by later! Have a good day, sir!" Just like before. He gave a shout out to the rest of the people he knows so far. After that then proceeds to return to Maxwell's stall to deal with unfinished business.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter screaming armadillo screaming armadillo

Darius
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Nona Nona

"Yeah, but I left my brother in charge of it while I handled decorating. All I can hope is that he hasn't been flirting with anyone that stepped past the stall," Darius muttered. He noticed the shorter girl out of the corner of his eye, but she only seemed interested in talking with Samuel, so he decided it was best not to interrupt.

Misty took notice of the newcomer as well, but decided to leave her alone in favor of avoiding any unpleasant encounters. She had taken note of the woman's body language and had decided that she was thoroughly ticked, if not downright furious. Why? The farmer did not know, nor did she wish to find out. Confrontation was not a friend, nor did she want to get acquainted with it. Your brother certainly is an.... interesting character isn't he? She mused, focusing once more upon Darius. I love the decorations, by the way, the arrangements are stunning... Complimented she, grinning sheepishly.
jadafun jadafun Nona Nona GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Last edited:
L Libero Lumina Lumina Archdemon Archdemon AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat
After Emily had her little panic attack, she ran off to do the days dishes. It didn't really take her long too finish them even though they had a lot form all the business that had occurred today, she was simply lucky that the customers liked Noah's food so much they practically licked there plates clean. Not long after finishing up the dishes Noah came by to check up on her. "Oh no I'm not that great people j just really enjoyed your food, its nothing special that I did."

After that she helped Noah the best she could in finishing the remaining chorus around the cafe. Then Noah dropped a question on her, "y you want me to join you b but I would only g get in the way, um well if you insist I g guess it would be okay as long as the group isn't too big." After finishing up that days work Noah told her to go ahead as he checks up on stock. Emily would then leave the cafe going through the back door and would take the more empty streets back to her home at the local inn.

Slowly seeking back into the inn as to not bother the other guests, she go back into her room and fall back on to her bed exhausted. "Ugh! Why did I agree to go out with him!" She nervously hugs her pillow like it was a stuffed animal. "No use dredging it Em you go out there and enjoy the festival got it!" She says too her self as she throws off her work clothes and changes into her more casual wear and unties her hair finally allowing it to fall to her shoulders again, she hardly looked like the same person then she was a few minutes ago it was unlikely anyone in town would recognize her now.

After that she took the same way back to the cafe too meet up with Noah. Arriving around the same time as Noah exited she sees this large group starting to gather. Nervously she quickly hides behind Noah grabbing his arm in the process.

large.jpg

Last edited:
Rein Laviope

Kisumi-Shigino-Free-Eternal-Summer.jpg

After his short but pleasant idle chat with his fellow adventurer, Rein found himself wandering through the festival once more. His eyes were on a watchful lookout for suspicious activity, similar to this morning, but he tried to relax enough to enjoy the festivities at the same time. So much effort was put into preparing for this annual date, it would be a shame not to appreciate it. Vaguely, he recalled that the cafe was set to open today, but judged that it was too late to visit now by the dimmed colour of the sky. Frowning slightly at missing the opportunity, he recalled one place he had wanted to visit since this morning where he could potentially get similar pastries, Max's stall. He knew for a fact Max was an incredible baker, he visited him too often for his health to be honest. All he could hope for was that he wasn't sold out.

Weaving through the crowd, with a polite smile to all the new faces in town, Rein smiled with a twinkle in his eyes at the sight of his destination. He could recognise the familiar figures of both Amelia and Oliver in the distance, alongside Max behind the stall of course. But as he grew closer, he noticed an odd stranger wearing a lab coat near the stall. Amelia and Max appeared somewhat at a loss with him, causing Rein to eye the short-black-haired stranger warily as he approached. As much as he would like to include all in this annual festival, if someone was making people uncomfortable someway or another he would have to ask them to leave.

His strict attitude faded once he was close enough to begin overhearing the conversation. A soft smile appeared on his face as he watched little Oliver excitedly welcoming the man in the lab coat. Politely, he nodded towards the stranger as he passed him by. Patting Oliver gently on the head with his leather gloves, he made brief eye contact with his innocent emerald-green eyes before giving his greetings. "Hey Max, Amelia and Ollie. Hope you've been enjoying the festival so far. If there's been any trouble around, let me know." He spoke calmly, somewhat distracted by both the aroma and sight of Maxs pastries. "You really went all out this year." He chuckled, recalling the previous iterations of the flower festival. "How much for a mini fruit pie?" He inquired, finally making his decision after a period of silence. He had already purchased a jam earlier today, he needed to make sure he didn't spend all of his savings on sweets.

• hrqmmeqfcte31.png
    Date: Friday Spring 6th, Flower Festival
    Time: Midday

Interacting With:
    Maxwell ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo ), Oliver ( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ),
    Mentions:
    Amelia ( Nona Nona ), Olivers Troy ( GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ), Rein ( MiraAutumn MiraAutumn )
    ~ Max's Stall ~
    Words || Alessia's CS File
    Alessia woke up a bit later than usual for the Flower Festival. Typically she’d be ranking in the profits by waking up early and setting up a stall but this year she’d missed the deadline for the permit. A poorly timed day into the mines left her sleeping far too heavily the next and that was it. She didn’t truly mind for this one though, she never was quite fond of flowers and having to decorate her stall with the wretched pollen demons always left her teary-eyed the next day. Less work, Less clean up, and this time rather than bother Hunter with watching the stall while she was out she could enjoy her day wandering the festival freely with her cousin. Perhaps they’d even run into some of their employees and spend the day properly introducing themselves.

She rose from her bed and forced herself into her morning routine. Even if the town was fine closing down shop for the day that didn’t quite stop the rest of the world and today came in her beverage order from Jupiter. After quick unloading and restock she quickly tallied up the difference from the placed order. Hmmm, she was still missing a few cases of cola and a case of the strawberry milk came damaged. With the redelivery on the tenth that would leave four cases until Tuesday. That should work. She wrote herself a quick note in the admin files to bill for damages and lost cases of product. Now, she’d be off to join the festival.

The festival wasn’t one that seemed to start at any specific time so she certainly should have been feeling as though she were late. It was likely because she was so accustomed to being part of the setup that she was feeling a bit silly. The dance hadn’t started and neither had the musicians so she was perfectly on time. So until then, she should find where her cousin was since this was a rather rare occasion. In fact, she’d heard quite good things about Maxwell’s Bakery from her cousin so maybe he’d be there at Max’s Stall.

Well as she arrived at the stall she certainly didn’t see her cousin but the crowd surrounding them did wind up interesting her. What was with the lab coat? Had something been scheduled? She knew that she hadn’t heard anything about a new doctor, and she most certainly would be the first considering how often she had to drag her cousin in for his health appointments and general sick days.

“Good Afternoon, everyone. Smells delicious as usual, Max.”

She’d only vaguely recognized some. Actually the only ones she was certain of were Amelia and Max. A run-in with the pink-haired male in the mines came to mind but she was drawing a blank at his name. She recognized the child but she certainly couldn’t remember his name. Wait was he working, didn’t he want to enjoy the festival?

“How much for one of the Blueberry?”

She turned back to the child at her side and made the decision that she’d be getting him one as well. A kiddo hard at work on a day of rest deserved a treat. She tilted her head a bit while trying to get his name but ultimately she still couldn’t remember.

“Kiddo did you want one too? My treat.”

"He is." Darius sighed, though with a smirk as he looked over in the direction of their stall. "And thank you, I put a lot of thought into the arrangements! I'm hoping to bring more attention to the shop, and I'd like to thank you for letting us sell your flowers. You really do grow lovely blossoms! I-if you don't mind me saying so."

• Ashe.Duran.full.2676579.png
    Date: Friday Spring 6th, Flower Festival
    Time: Midday

Interacting With:
    Lumina ( Lumina Lumina ), Noah ( L Libero ), Emilia and Ren ( Archdemon Archdemon ), Emily ( Pik Pik )
    ~ Outside the Cafe ~
    Grandpop's Uke || Hunter's CS File
    Hunter woke up pretty early after all he had an inn to run. Even that wasn’t early enough though as he heard the clammer below, ah it seemed that the Patrons were all moving things and getting ready for the festival. He’d need to remind them later to keep the mess to the minimum, the inn staff deserved their day off as well. He’d clean the common rooms and such later on after most went to bed but on the off chance that the tourists felt like getting a nice buzz like last year he did hope they kept their messes to their rooms.

While the inn didn’t need to technically be manned at all times with the number of tourists coming in and out today he wouldn’t feel right not having anyone at the front desk. Luckily he had more than enough workers that the morning check-in times could be filled without making anyone have to miss the entire festival. After a quick shower and change of clothes, he was off. He did a quick check to make sure the place was running well and that the bar was stocked up for the night before he left to go bug Alessia awake, or at least that was the plan.

In reality, his rotation came early as his first opener was late. But on the bright side, that meant he didn’t need to take the last part just before the dance, no running for him today. Once he got his freedom it was already passing into the afternoon and a quick stop by Bon Marche proved that Al had already taken her time to stumble out. Well now, where was he supposed to go? This is why he wished Al would plan things better, they had no meeting spot nor a time.

Well, that really just left him to wander around until he planned to go to the square for the dance. If he remembered correctly Samuel and Max both had stalls he could go to those last and check the tourist stalls first. He started to wander the stalls until he caught someone he did recognize in the corner of his eye. It wasn’t Alessia but it was just as good considering now he wouldn’t be forced to roam around alone.

“Mina! Hey, there you are been looking for some familiar faces I was getting bored of wandering around alone.”

He came up to her and noticed she wasn’t alone. He didn’t really recognize the rocker boy or the younger-looking girl, meaning they were new and they probably weren’t tourists since they didn’t check into Vitral. Then there was also who was obviously the cafe’s worker considering he just walked out of the closed cafe. He was newer as well right? Either way, it would be nice to walk around with others. He extended his hand out in a wave to the newer ones with a smile.

“Oh sorry didn’t notice you guys at first, how rude of me. I’m Hunter Glazier I run the Vitral Inn, haven’t met you guys yet are you new to town?”

He just barely saw the woman come in behind the cafe man. Luckily this was another one he knew.

"Good afternoon Emily, been enjoying the festival so far?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back