• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy uncharted land

"Are you saying that we should leave now and come back later?" Mori asked. He almost expected to hear something like that from captain.

Mitra was a little hesitant but tried to build her courage up and climbed up Gekowah's arm and sat between thorns on his back. "I'm not a ghost. You too can feel my body. When I turned to dragon my body materialized." She said and thought what villagers have thought after noticing that her body had disappeared. Actually what Magi had seen was that Mitra's body burst to fire and burned to ashes. Villages assumed that the curse of dragons had killed her.

"Yes, that is what I'm saying" said Fetri "I can alert people of my missing people once we get back on course."

Gekowah turned around and took a running start before spreading his wings and taking off into the air. He was now flying toward the volcano within the mountain range.

"As you say, captain." Mori said and went to check if the ship was ready to set sail. He had no problem with leaving that damned land as soon as possible.

Mitra clung to dragon's large scales for life. The way his body moved up and down while flipping his wings made her sick but it felt better as they soared up and he could ride the wind, but only as long as she didn't look down.

"Are we clear to set sail!" Called Captain Fetri as another crew member asked "What about Mitra and Stefan?" Fetri looked at the crew member and said "We don't have that kind of time, we have a contract with the Kolsdal port in Bridgley and we'll alert them of our missing passengers when we get there!"

Gekowah flew over many villaiges and grasslands. One could seemingly see throughout the virgin prairie from horsemen to coyotes as he flew ever closer to the mountain range, he had to have been flying at 25 mph as well.

Last edited:
"Aye Aye Captain!" Mori answered. He had already checked everything. Before they pull the anchor up Ben went to captain and asked him to let him go back to the land. He didn't want to leave without his voice and believed that he could find it somewhere around green fields, where he had lost it.

Mitra slowly got used to flying and opened her eyes. The scenery was so amazing that left her speechless. She could easily draw a map out of that large land after that. "My gosh... this is a whole continent... and it's almost untouched..." She spoke out of amusement. Then they reached the mountain range and she could see the sleeping volcano behind wall of mounts. The volcano was the tallest mount with a large lake crater that was full of snow. She expected the weather to become cold but the fire inside her and Gekowah's warm body didn't let her to feel cold. "There... on the edge of the crater... something is moving..." She called out and pointed at a dark spot near the edge of the snow lake. As they got closer it looked like a large eagle. But it didn't fly and went into the snow covered wall and disappeared. "It's gone... there must be a cave. Let's check it out!"

"HALT THE ANCHOR" Captain fetri called out before looking at Ben saying "Now, what is it, Ben?" before watching his gestures more carefully.

Gekowah now flew past snow covered peaks toward Chihlak lake next to mout Diachiklak. He landed to a grinding halt and he wound up inches before the frozen lake.

Ben raised both his hands and asked Fetri to wait for a moment. He ran toward cabins and came back with a piece of chuck and part of a broken board. "I need to stay at this land. You can leave me behind too." He wrote.

Mitra slided down from dragon's back and watched the wast snow covered surface. "Wow... this is wonderful! I'd never seen something like this..." She was caught by the pureness of the snow for a moment then remembered to search for the cave she had assumed to be there. Walking on deep snow about the volcano was hard and scary, so it took her a quarter to find the entrance. "Here it is! But it's only large enough for me..." She said and looked at Gekowah. "If you want to enter you have to change your shape and become a man." She told her.

"If I'm curious, why do you want to go back to your land?" Asked Fetri

"Rata Howoheg" said Gekowah as his scales bacame softer as he began to shift his bones into a more bipedal stance. After a while, his body began to cool and shrink as to stand at 6'1. His scales shrunk down to bronze skin cells as horns and wings receded into his body. He was now fully human, albeit taller than most and he was absolutely shivering for he was nude and muscular. "W-where c-can I g-get a p-pelt!?" Hawokeg asked

"Not my land" Ben wrote then cleared the wood with his sleeve hastily. "Something happened to me that night and I lost my voice. I have to find out what happened. I can't stay like this forever."

"Oh... thanks God this didn't happen to me..." Mitra said as looked away and took her cloak off. "Here... wear it." She said as offered the grey cloak to Gekowah. She entered the entrance and found herself in a tunnel. "Are you coming?" She asked to make sure the dragon man was following her inside. They walked in darkness till arrive at a wider space inside the mountain that hat been light with a burning torch. There, she saw the creature she had mistaken as a large eagle. He was a slender man wearing a cloak of eagle feathers. "Dear Lord... do I have guests here?!" He said as stepped closer. "We..." Mitra was going to explain but was interrupted. "I see... you have got queen's fire inside you... but how?" Then he observed Gekowah. "And look at you... you may not know me, but I know you, Gekowah. Welcome! I'm glad you have learned a portion of dragon's power." He said with a warm smile. "Who are you?" Mitra asked with suspicion. "Oh... so you don't have queen's knowledge..." Said the man and put his palm on his chest as introduced himself. "I'm Ember; probably the last half blood dragon in this part of world."

"Alright, Ben" said Fetri "Grab a boat and figure out what happened, okay"

Hawokeg walked into the cave following Mitra feeling much better with the foreigner's cloak on, he watched the two speak before saying "The last blood dragon yes, but now you're causing the extinction of us fire dragons!"

Ben dropped the board and hugged Fetri quickly before approaching a boat. He sent the boat down and looked back to smile and nod at captain as fare well then climbed down to the boat and released it.

Ember smiled. "I'm a half blood dragon not a blood dragon. My father was a human warrior and my mother was a fire dragon..." He said and sighed. "When our great father left the land with all the clan to live within the other wind, he left me here to keep the balance between dragons and men. Because the queen refused to leave. She stayed and her followers did the same. They wished to take back these old lands from humans but if the kept shedding blood they would loose their sanity as dragons and turn to savage animals... you must know the rest of story, Gekowah. Your parents were her followers but left their eggs here and flied to the other wind after the queen fell asleep." He explained sadly as remembered sad memories.

"Goodbye!" Fetri called out before saying to his men "Alright men, raise the mainsail and hoist anchor!"

"So, if your not any of the casters who are draining the volcano" said Gekowah also remembering having to fend himself by eating prey and ingesting magma. "Who is draining my home?" asked Gekowah curiously

"Aye Aye Captain!" Many voices said together and arms moved accordingly. Sailors were happy that their journey was going back to it's regular trail.

"Ah... that incident with wizards..." Ember said in low tone. His gaze shifted from Gekowah to Mitra. "It was ages ago but seems that Orm doesn't want to forget it." He said and Mitra shrugged. "Don't look at me... I don't know what the dragon queen thinks. I only carry her fire... or something like that." She said. "By the way..." Ember looked back at Gekowah and continued. "Wizards are men; they don't live long. I remember they tried to talk to earth and convince the powers of depth to move their rage somewhere else... or maybe calm down. One of them even went deep into the earth and lost his life there after stopping the volcano. As much as I remember his body remained on the surface. They said his soul had gone down and never returned to his body." He told his story and took a deep breath. "After that the elder dragon, Kalessin, told all dragons to fly to the west winds with him. But Orm, the queen, didn't leave. She said she was going to take back that land... Ah... I've already told you the rest. And I've been left here to guide those who have been left behind to the other wind." He smiled and got closer to Gekowah to pat his shoulder. "Do you wish to join Kalessin?" He asked eagerly.

Captain fetri slowly turned the ship around as he diligantly watched his compass and the seas. There was a slight headwind so they weren't going anywhere fast, but they had at least turned around.

"Well if it means a new generation of my species, of course" said Gekowah before asking "But what lands are they in?"

Mori approached Fatri on the deck. "Should we take out rows, Captain? We're behind schedule." He suggested.

"New generation?" Ember asked and shook his head. "I don't know. I've never thought about it that way. At night I can show you the stars you should follow..." He had to stop and pay attention at Mitra as she had been covered by flames again. "NO... We won't leave. I'm going to kill them all... all those filthy humans..." Orm's voice echoed in the cave. "Ah, my queen... please have mercy and don't unleash your rage in this cave! You'll kill both of us..." Ember said. He was a little scared. Orm faced Gekowah with flaming eyes. "Don't follow Kalessin. Don't be coward! Help me to exile all humans to were they belong to..." She said.

"Go down to the lower deck and row, i want you to lead at least 8 rowers!" said Cpt. Fetri

"Y-Your highness" Gekowah said "They don't do anything to harm us of anything a good lot of them worship you as a goddess of fire and volcanos!"

Mori nodded and ran down immediately. After a few minutes the ship saterted moving faster toward its destination.

"Which Volcano? Which Fire? I don't need their worship..." Orm screamed and her eyes changed more dragon like. "If the wizards who fought us are dead then I'll find another wizard and made them break this spell."

Cpt. fetri was now pleased at the ship miving away from... Unamed land. 'What shall I call this new place' the captain wondered 'Hmm, well there was the Bay tribe as well as the prairie tribe.' The captain paced around his quarters trying to contemplate his new name of continent 'it needs to be easily translatable yet also representative of the people' he thought 'Let's see, our continint is Yoluk and there's also Haraf, Dunkan, Casia, Hunchai and Jolam, but what to call THIS land'

"Your highness, Perhaps Ember knows where to go to break the spell and besides not all wizards have the same sort of power as all those wizards years ago!" said Gekowah

Before they could question Ember, he turned to his dragon form and rushed out. Dragon Ember was long and a little furry. It had three pairs of legs but no wings. Orm ran after him. "Dragons can tell lies... he is running away because he know the answer..." She said while chasing Ember. When they got out of the cave there was no sign of that long dragon. "he can fly so must be hiding somewhere... that body of him explains about the tunnel..." She completely turned to a dragon and flied up to observe the land from above. "Come up, Gekowah." She called the man and waited till he flied too then sent her fire breath to the ground and melted the snow beneath them. Under the snow a white dragon was revealed. "There he is... he can change color..." She said and went after Ember who was trying to run away. She went for his head but he rose his upper part and fought back. "Gekowah... get him from other side. He can fight both of us at the same time." She said and attacked again.

Gekowah had also stripped himself of his cloak and turned into a dragon he charged into the tunnell and began flying after amber, blowing flames in his direction!

Ember changed his direction to dodge the fire. As soon as he turned his face from Orm to get away from Gekowah, she grabbed on his neck and flied, pulling him up to the sky. "Now tell me about that curse." She ordered. "I can't... our elder has trusted me with peace of this land. I can't do against his will..." He replied. "Then take this!" Orm said and let go of the wingless dragon. He fell and crashed into the frozen lake. Ember struggled to get up from snow but she landed on his neck and pressed it again. "Can't... breath..." Ember kept struggling under her claws. "You... killing a... dragon..." He spoke with effort. "Then tell me what I want to know." Orm said and lowered her head to bite one of his arms but he changed back to human form and crawled away from her. "Stop it... you'll gain nothing by killing me." Ember said while panting and rubbing his painful neck. Orm hit her took his small body in her fist and smirked. "So your true form is this, not the dragon." She laughed. "Gekowah... what is the best way to make a man talk?"

Gekowah after chasing him simply blew fire around him "TELL US NOW OR ELSE I WILL BURN YOU INTO A CRISP!" He roared "I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR ELDER, TELL US, HOW DO WE LIFT THE CURSE!"

"You can't scare a dragon from burning!" Ember yelled back. "I'll never do something that starts another war. Never!"
Orm roared in anger. "You little..." She tightened her grip around him making the man shout in pain.
"Even if you break my bones I won't tell you..." Ember said stubbornly.
Suddenly, Orm shivered and dropped her hostage. "Gekowah, I'm losing control of this body. Take this half blood and imprison him. You should make him talk... I'll be back as soon as I can..." She said and shrank into Mitra. The girl fell on her knees while panting and sweating although it was cold. "I... I won't let her... take my body again." She said and looked at Ember who had fallen on the snow half conscious then looked at the furious fire dragon. "Please... you shouldn't listen to her. That queen is mad!" She begged him.

"Her majesty always knows best, I shall take him to her shrine and then one of those villaiges can... how we say deal with him" said Gekowah nabbing Ember with his mouth and spreading his wings for he was about to take off with a prisoner.

Ember moaned weakly as was picked up. "You are making a grave mistake..." He told Gekowah then looked at Mitra. "Why... why did you have to come here?" He asked with regret. "I didn't know about the queen! I just followed my dream about and old woman who is eldest of human." She replied in defiantly. "Ah... she..." it got harder for Ember to talk when Gekowah flipped his wings to fly. "North peak..." it was the only clue he could give her before being taken away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back