• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice UEEF: The Shadow Chronicles - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I would have to guess that Sherwood will let us guide you with the proper number of missiles to launch against your targets until you get a feel for the damage you are doing.

I see, so that's why firing 32 SRMs is a terrible idea, and the max 9 RoF of the mini-missiles isn't really a problem? The Macross Missile Massacre is overrated?

There is no game mechanic in the system for a single person to be able to lock on with multiple missiles against multiple targets all at once. The closest that I have come up with is that you can do so, but it costs one extra attack action to do so. For instance, if you are firing at three different targets, it will cost you 4 of your actions all at once. This is hardly a perfect solution, but I'm working on some ideas.

lol Just don't forget that depending on your target, you may not want to use a missile at all if you can avoid it. The central eyepiece of the regular Invid mecha is a very weak target, having between 20 and 50 MDC depending on the kind of mecha you are up against. Pierce that eye, and you kill the Invid. But it only works with direct fire weapons, and only if the Invid is facing you.

And this post officially puts me above Twilight Sparkle as the second highest post count on the site.

I would have to guess that Sherwood will let us guide you with the proper number of missiles to launch against your targets until you get a feel for the damage you are doing.
And yes, I will happily give some suggestions on when to dial it back, and let the other players aid our newcomers.

Another suggestion on missiles is make sure you have a mix of different kinds of warheads. For example: Armor Piercing warheads (HEAP) do triple damage with a critical strike, making them very nasty.

I'm still quite new to this setting. Any advice regarding my loadout and equipment selection?

You have a Beta fighter, correct? That gives you 56 short range missiles as your primary armament. I would suggest going with the HEAP warheads for the extra damage capable on a critical strike. For your six wing hard points, the Beta can carry one medium, three short, or six mini missiles. Remember that you cannot transform into your Battloid mode while you have your wing missiles still attached, so keep that in mind. You can go with whatever mix of ranges you'd like here, or you can load out with all of one type.

You have a Beta fighter, correct? That gives you 56 short range missiles as your primary armament. I would suggest going with the HEAP warheads for the extra damage capable on a critical strike. For your six wing hard points, the Beta can carry one medium, three short, or six mini missiles. Remember that you cannot transform into your Battloid mode while you have your wing missiles still attached, so keep that in mind. You can go with whatever mix of ranges you'd like here, or you can load out with all of one type.
What are the main advantages of Battloid mode, if you don't mind me asking?

The biggest one that comes to mind is the fact that you have two forearm shields of 375 MDC each that can be used to parry blasts that are coming your way, saving your main body from the damage and keeping you from having to use an action to dodge. When dodging a lot and trying to return fire here and there, you can burn through your actions fast.

The other big one is having hands to be able to manipulate objects.

I think I've spent too many days dithering over this. I'll go with HEAPs for my 56 short range missiles. For my wing points, I'll go with a medium HEAP missile on each, just for the sake of variety. I kinda want to empty my wing points quite quickly, just so I'll have access to Battloid mode.

I’m going the exact same on my Beta. 56 HEAP short range the MM-20 and MM-16 launchers. And then HEAP medium range on the wing hard-points.

Gotta love RPN didn't notify me of anything....

I'll get a post up tonight. Sorry for any delay on my part...

Admittedly, I am half tempted by the radar pack for the Super Valkyrie, to give us a better idea of what's out there, though, at the cost of attack power...

What say you all?

EDIT: Nevermind, now realized we had a Raven with us.... Missed that in the re-reading. >.<

I have done the same. September can't come soon enough! Woooo! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back